[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any hope for how this guy will be handled in JL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 23

File: Steppenwolf.jpg (198KB, 620x768px) Image search: [Google]
Steppenwolf.jpg
198KB, 620x768px
Do you have any hope for how this guy will be handled in JL?
>>
>>94427627
I hoped they would pick a better villain.
>>
I hope they keep some of the complexities about his family relationship with Darkseid in, and he's not ENTIRELY just a mook. Were that the case, they should've chose the actual mook of the family, Kalibak.
>>
>>94427639
Who would you have wanted? Kalibak? Godfrey? I think Steppenwolf is fine desu, I just wonder how they're gonna execute it.

>>94427658
Kalibak is too much of a jobber Anon.
>>
>>94427679
>Kalibak is too much of a jobber Anon.
And you think that isn't what's going to happen in this movie the moment the League is actually assembled along with Supes?
>>
>>94427627
They managed to make DOOMSDAY shit, and doomsday already is flat and shit, but they made him worse.

It truly is a fascinating universe.
>>
>>94427679
>>94427698
Also DESU Godfrey needed to have a notable role in BvS for this all to really work out, at the LEAST appear in the montage of TV shows talking about Superman.
>>
>>94427705
>but they made him worse.
Not really desu. Him being Zod and killing Clark the same way Zod killed Jor El was less braindead than the comic Doomsday.
>>
>>94427627
No, and no one wanted Steppenwolf in the first place. Its also a bit odd that he now has a weird monster face
>>94427679
>I just wonder how they're gonna execute it
In the most generic way possible Id imagine.
>>
>>94427832
>In the most generic way possible Id imagine.
Why would you imagine that?
I thought the narrative was that Synder was actively terrible, not bland.
>>
>>94427698
Kalibak is a walking joke, where as Steppenwolf jobs with class.
>>
>>94427658
>I hope they keep some of the complexities about his family relationship with Darkseid in, and he's not ENTIRELY just a mook.

There is literally no chance of this but I'll let myself get disappointed anyway.
>>
>>94427698
Kalibak is a joke of a new god while as >>94427901 said when Steppenwolf loses he loses with style

>>94427832
>No, and no one wanted Steppenwolf in the first place
I think the reason why they got Steppenwolf because he had a big impact in Earth-2 when Darkseid invaded earth.
>>
All but certain that it will boil down to "Darkseid rules an evil Planet" and that's it but on my wishlist is a mention of the Great Clash.
>>
File: new gods.jpg (1MB, 1280x1757px) Image search: [Google]
new gods.jpg
1MB, 1280x1757px
I don't want to beat the dead horse but it's still baffling to me that they seemed to have gone out of their way to find probably the director worst suited to adapt Kirby in the entire industry.

>I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”

>The average movie audience has seen — well, I can’t even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too! We’re on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero!

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>If Superman grabbed your arm and pulled really hard, he’d pull your arm out of your socket. That’s the thing you don’t see in a Superman movie. But in Watchmen, what you get is, like, ”I’m a Superman, and I really want to help mankind — but I just tore this guy in half by accident. People call me a ‘superhero,’ but I don’t even know what that means. I just blew this guy to bits! That’s heroic?”
>>
>>94427679
None of the new gods period. Give me, Starro, Despero, or Mongul. Hell I'd maybe even settle for White Martians if they could keep them from getting confused with Chitauri.
>>
>>94427793
shit that is is pretty kino now that you mention it
>>
File: New 52 Steppenwolf.jpg (209KB, 768x992px) Image search: [Google]
New 52 Steppenwolf.jpg
209KB, 768x992px
>>94428115
Yes that one, fairly recent, edgey story where people claim that they've always given a shit about the character. The only reason hes in this movie is because A: they wanted to tease Darkseid for no reason, and B: Snyder thought he looked cool. Thats it
>>
Disappointed he just looks like a Skyrim character. Even his weapon is forgettable looking.
>>
>>94428190
Steppenwolf's best moment has always been getting killed as Young Izaya succumbs to pure vengeance fueled blood lust. Hitting rock bottom.

Wait a minute how the fuck was New 52 Steppenwolf alive?
>>
>>94428178
I feel like they'll show the league fighting Starro after credits, like a homage to the year one stories, I don't want them to show Despero if Jo'nn isn't there, Mongul could be cool but then "LMAO YELLOW THANOS". White Martians would be great if they introduce Jo'nn

>>94428190
Yeah I will admit I don't care for Steppenwolf but the movie could be good exposure.
>>
>>94427793
Symbolism dont make shit entertaining.

The fight scenes were shit, his design was shit, it looked like he could have been taken down by WW, which just makes Clark sacrifice look pointless.
>>
>>94427627
why would you ever have any hope for anything WB puts out let alone DC
>>
>>94428178
Starro comes with "Man of Murder" baggage when the league has to fight infected humans and "Hero vs Hero" bitching. Mongul would probably bring in more "Thanos ripoff" shitposting more so than Darkseid would. Steppenwolf is just fine being the mid boss for the JL to overcome.
>>
>>94428321
>There will be people honestly butthurt, taking this commentary seriously.

If it happen, please people, link it to my commet.
>>
>>94428321
Because the movies they churn out are pretty entertaining?
>>
File: Kalibak.jpg (1MB, 1967x3023px) Image search: [Google]
Kalibak.jpg
1MB, 1967x3023px
>>94427658
>>94427679
>>94427698
>>94427901
>>94428115
Frankly Kalibak would have made more sense for this plot if you think about it.
>Invaded Earth the first time with a small war party trying to prove to his surrogate father hes a worthy successor, and fails
>Tries again in modern day to redeem himself
>Justice League just manages to stop him, realizes Kalibak was small potatoes compared to Darkseid and his endless forces
At least this way it makes some sort of sense on how Earth managed to repel Apokolips the first time
>>
>>94428338
This just makes me realize how much better cosmic Marvel is compared to cosmic DC.
>>
>>94428354
Yeah you have a good point but then Kalibak isn't really a League threat.
>>
File: Starro The Conqueror.jpg (166KB, 960x932px) Image search: [Google]
Starro The Conqueror.jpg
166KB, 960x932px
>>94428338
We're already getting more brainwashed Superman so whats the fucking difference if Starro is the one doing it? At least then we would get crazy, giant eldritch starfish monsters swarming earth. Hell, they even have a warlord version of Starro for an actor to play
>>94428392
And Steppenwolf is? Normally Supes could take care of him, maybe needing Diana too on a good day
>>
File: Jack-Kirby-DC-Comics-New-Gods.jpg (1001KB, 2400x1589px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Kirby-DC-Comics-New-Gods.jpg
1001KB, 2400x1589px
I can't help but love seeing the Fourth World stuff getting integrated into the DCEU. I was one of those idiots who have fond feelings for BvS just because of the parademons and stuff so...I'm a lost cause I guess.

FUCKING BOOM TUBES IN A MOVIE, MAN! Come on, that's great no matter what. Steppenwolf being the vanguard of a full attack is great and opens the possibility for all kinds of New God goodness.
Honestly, it's a perfect fit for how these movies have been presented. Kirby's New Gods stuff was always boarding on incoherent but it was grandiose and imaginative and SENSES SHATTERING.

I'm being pandered to with this dreck and I love it.
>>
>>94428418
>We're already getting more brainwashed Superman
Are we really for sure this is going to happen?
>>
>>94428418
As I said, I think the reason they're using Steppenwolf is because of Earth-2 when he was able to wreck shit up but yeah you're right Steppenwolf isn't that strong on his own, hence he has a parademon army. I like to think the reason Earth was able to defend against the first siege was because of Zeus and friends (maybe even the Wizard), they were able to hold of the Newgods.
>>
>>94428356

Cosmic DC hearkens back to an older style of scifi.

Like in Futurama when the guy yells "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW"
That's the kind of goofy fun way you have to talk about HAWKMEN OF THE PLANET THANAGAR.
Cosmic Marvel is a big blob of disconnected themes and styles.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>94427679
Amazo
>>
>>94428434
>No dragon tanks
>No Granny Goodness
>No Furies
>No indication of Jack Kirby's style, which somehow Thor Ragnarok has
>Steppenwolf looks like a literal demon and the other New Gods will probably be on the nose demonic/angelic
>Probably wont ever get Mister Miracle or Big Barda, even less likely to see their suburban life
I wouldnt really call this fanservice anon, but whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>94428535
JL:TAS Amazo is too much, he basically reached cosmic level for a fucking robot.
>>
>>94428550
>No Granny Goodness
You think they would have the balls to have a dude to play Granny Goodness or just leave her out altogether?
>>
>>94428766
Why would they have a guy play Granny Goodness?

>>94428550
Scott and Barda cameo would be great, imagine them chilling in the suburbs and they see boom tubes and they think to themselves that its them they're after.
>>
>>94427639
They did. Superman.
>>
>>94428354
Kalibak is a blunt instrument, i.e. a retard that you just throw at a problem to see if brute force will suffice to solve it. You don't give him responsibilities since he will just fuck it up. He would just open a portal, attack anyone in his sight and get his ass kicked in two minutes. Steppenwolf is a cunning general who can believably lead an invasion when annexing entire planets.
>>
>>94428831
Because of Ed Asner.
>>
>>94428494
No. That "leak" came from r/DCEULeaks the land where fags go to LARP. It said we'd get Supes in the Black Suit in the SDCC trailer which also didn't fucking happen. It's not happening, only Injustice faggots want it to happen.
>>
>>94427627
I don't even care and nobody else really does either
>>
>>94427679
>Godfrey?
I'd love to see the Justice League fighting a giant radioactive Gilbert Gottfried
>>
>>94429169
The point was Kalibak doing all of this without Darkseid's consent, hence making some sort of sense as to why Earth survived the first time and why Darkseid hasnt blown up the Earth already for such an insult. The fact remains though that we really didnt need a New God middle man for this shit
>>
>>94429198
Yeah Ed Asner's voice always freaked me out as a kid watching Superman TAS/JL TAS , I thought Granny was a tranny.

>>94429213
I care Anon.
>>
>>94428295
>it looked like he could have been taken down by WW
No?
>>
>>94427627
I like how his texture looks like he was entirely 3d printed
>>
i just hope its so bad its good
>>
File: 1764217-kanto.jpg (78KB, 400x425px) Image search: [Google]
1764217-kanto.jpg
78KB, 400x425px
>>94427679
Kanto. He's underrated as fuck.
>>
>>94428009
but he literally is entirely just a mook, they are all darkseid's mooks
>>
>>94429341
Aye, but they're also all different levels of mooks.

Like Desaad, who is apparently Darkseid's childhood friend, right hand man, and second in charge of Apokolips.
>>
>>94429228
It's too straight forward for a movie plot.
>>
>>94429381
Pretty sure Darkseid Omega Beamed the fuck out of Desaad that one time.
>>
File: 8563215.gif (1016KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8563215.gif
1016KB, 500x375px
>>94429388
>/co/ thinks it knows how to construct a movie, or knows whats either too simple/complex for a plot
>>
File: P00041.jpg (814KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
P00041.jpg
814KB, 1988x3056px
>>94429415
Yeah, and then Darkseid realized how lonely he was and resurrected a copy of him
>>
File: steppenwolf-2s-fc-a.jpg (183KB, 627x792px) Image search: [Google]
steppenwolf-2s-fc-a.jpg
183KB, 627x792px
>>
File: P00043.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
P00043.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94429457
So, yeah....Desaad is Darkseid's friend.
>>
>>94429288
Wonder Woman cut off his hand with a single cut of her sword.
https://youtu.be/QOnAH-R5tvY?t=4m39s
He's not weakened by Kryptonite.
She easily blocks, dodges, and then dismembers.
This really makes Superman's death stupid because if he just helped her a bit more in the fight or just had the spear close enough to doomsday to weaken him, she could cut off his fucking head.
>>
>>94429457
>>94429473
Fuck, I love Darkseid and his endless bullshittery.
>>
>>94429288
don't bother. The eagles could clearly fly the ring to mordor. It makes LoTR pointless.
>>
>>94429288
Name one good reason why Diana couldnt use the spear herself
>>
>>94429427
Kalibak randomly jumping from a boomtube and smashing few buildings is an episode of STAS, not a plot for a feature film.
>>
>>94429512
She didn't have the momentum of superman.
She was holding Doomsday with the lasso.
Superman won't let anyone else risk themselves
>>
>>94429512
She didn't even need the spear. Her regular sword was working just fine.

>>94429539
Momentum? You saying she lacked the capacity to charge while holding a thrusting weapon? How many paint chips did you eat as a child?
>>
>>94429539
>Superman won't let anyone else risk themselves
This is the same guy that let his father die because "the world's not ready".
>>
>>94429539
>Momentum of Superman
You mean that sickly flight that clocked in at about 30 miles an hour?
>Lasso
Irrelevant. She could still stab him with it at any time
>Superman wont let anyone else risk themselves
True, but you could say the exact same thing for every league member. Only this time its literally safer for Diana to use it since Kryptonite doesnt weaken her
>>
>>94429567
No it wasn't, Doomsday healed from all the damage inflicted on him and he still wasn't getting winded like Diana was. By the end of the fight Diana was just trying to restrain Doomsday with her lasso and was struggling to do just that.
>>
>>94427627
I'm just enjoying how normies are pretending they know anything about the New Gods outside of who Darkseid is
>>
>>94428341
that's not even close to being true especially not this year
>>
>>94429567
Superman can exceed the momentum of wonder woman since he is bigger than her.
And she was already engaged in tying doomsday up with the lasso. So did you want a cumbersome scene where they switch places all the while doomsday keeps absorbing energy and buffing up?
>>
>>94429609
By healed you mean give him a bone shaped deformity. If she cut off his head, you think that wouldnt stop him?
>>
>>94429604
I am sure superman who is literally capable of breaking the sound barrier was moving at 30 miles per hour.
>lasso was irrelevant, she could stab him anytime.
And Doomsday would wait like the good aborted kryptonian fetus that he is. Wonder woman was barely able to restrain him when superman acquired the spear and charged at doomsday.
>>
>>94429623
Obviously, Superman can't use such a golden opportunity to skewer Doomsday himself, he needs to play musical chairs with the spear so that Diana can do it for him. That's what a hero does. Find the most convoluted and convenient for himself way to solve the problem.
>>
>>94429629
And I suppose wonder woman wouldn't be stabbed because she is a woman right?
>>
>>94429629
No, it wouldn't.
>>
>>94429629
>cut off his head with a spear.
>>
>>94429647
Yeah no shit Superman can do that, except we clearly see he didnt move at that speed when delivering the final blow. Also you mean to tell me Batman nor Superman couldnt distract Doomsday long enough for her to grab the spear and rush him? Fuck off. It had to be Clark because Snyder wanted him dead, thats it
>>
File: Grannygoodness[1].png (181KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Grannygoodness[1].png
181KB, 300x300px
>>94427639
>>94427658
should have been granny goodness. infiltrating earth and flipping heroes is more of her thing. plus it can give us Barda and Miracle.

Steppenwolfe is just Darkseid's Dragon.
>>
>>94429662
And you know this how?
>>94429669
With the sword obviously, she already used it to cut off his hand
>>
>>94429588
>This is the same guy that let his father die because "the world's not ready".
that was>>94429604
>Irrelevant. She could still stab him with it at any time
before he was Superman
try stabbing something int he heart while holding a chain/rope at the same time
>>
>>94429654
Because she's not literally dying while holding the spear. Doomsday was weakened by the spear.
Look at >>94429476
In that scene she was easily able to block and dodge Doomsday while in a prone position.
I'm sure she could have moved out of the way of his bone hand.
>>
>>94429680
Superman went ahead to retrieve the spear because he could hear lois drowning when he was flying. You wanted superman to call a time out while doomsday is rampaging around. give diana the spear and then tell her to rush doomsday, when superman knows that HE can do with.
>>94429698
>>94429698
So she should be dual wielding a sword and a spear?
>>
>>94429198
>>94429256
Roseanne Barr to play granny goodness.
>>
>>94429629
He lost an arm and got a single spike on its place.

It would be funny if she chopped his members and he ended up having to walk on 4s, because aparently his "adaptability" just made him less pratical.
>>
>>94429707
Are you telling me a greek warrior can't throw a javelin? Or for that matter that a polearms aren't by definition a ranged weapon and historically used by women in battle because of their greater reach?
>>
>>94429753
Who'd play Lashina?
>>
>>94429707
You're acting like the lasso is vital to killing Doomsday here. The only crucial thing is the spear
>>94429739
>Save Lois and take her to safety
>Fly back, tell Diana to get the spear while Clark fights Doomsday
>Diana lunges at Doomsday with it and kills him
How is this hard for you? Also you know, Diana has experience wielding spears
>>
>>94429735
She was barely able to hold doomsday in place when he had been weakened by batman's gas grenade. Superman had to go over his maximum threshold to actually dig the spear in deeper in doomsday's heart.
What you are saying means that superman has to
>hold doomsday with the lasso.
>while being explosed to the gas grenade made by batman.
>while both of them are being weakened by kryptonite.
>then have to hope that diana can actually reach his heart before doomsday catches her as he catches superman.
>and he doesn't know if diana can actually do it while he knows that he can.
>>
>>94429739
>You wanted superman to call a time out while doomsday is rampaging around
Like when he fucked off to go save Lois and conveniently she also had the spear.
Did he know she'd have the spear close by?
>>
>>94429781
How do you know it will hit doomsday's heart?
>>
>>94427880
Well most people here will use the term "generic" without knowing what it means
>>
>>94429763
>Gets his head cut off and a bone spike grows in it's place
Truly he'd be unstoppable
>>
>>94429804
>save lois and take her to safety
>meanwhile diana and batfleck are risking their lives trying to stop a dangerous freak that can absorb energy and become stronger.
>then fly back and tell diana to tap out and grab the spear.
>then she comes in and stabs doomsday with a spear while you have nothing to hold him in place with.
>>
File: John+Carter+2[1].jpg (26KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
John+Carter+2[1].jpg
26KB, 320x320px
>>94429789
Lynn Collins after a few months in the gym.
>>
>>94429819
Plot contrivance.
Why is it that plot contrivance when used in the movie is immutable and agreeable but we can't use it to suppose any alternate solutions?
>>
>>94429804

So you want Superman to appear lazy.
>Diana, please. I really don't wanna go get it myself.
>>
>>94429817
>he leaves lois with the spear.
>lois is drowning nearby
I wonder where the spear could be.
>>
>>94429861
John Carter of Mars was actually pretty good desu, bummed it failed in the box office. You think if they do have Lashina she'd just be wearing bandages?
>>
>>94429808
He couldn't. He died.
>>
>>94429864
So why is it terrible that superman sacrifices himself to save the world and becomes the icon he is supposed to be, while diana becoming a super spear chucker with the power of plot makes for a better story?
>>
>>94429872
He's already lacking in charm and kind of a moron, so why not add lazy on top of that? It'd humanize him!
>>
>>94429887
>he couldn't.
Oh, and then doomsday just left right?
Superman spent the last bit of his power driving the spear INTO doomsday's heart when he was pinned down and close to the kryptonite. He did do it, but paid the ultimate price.
>>
>>94429934
Let me guess, the solar battery makes him super smart too right?
>>
I love the mental gymnastics/trolling here for why Diana couldnt just stab the fucking rock troll herself with the spear
>>
>>94429966
I love the mental gymnastics here for why superman would scratch his balls and let others do his fighting for him.
>>
>>94429588
>small town farmer with folksy wisdom tells his son the magical answer to everything.
>>
>>94429808
>Superman had to go over his maximum threshold to actually dig the spear in deeper in doomsday's heart.
The spear that is literally crippling him.
his max is getting a rather severe cap at that point.
Remember how he was so weakened by it before that he was being held down by Batman in his armored suit?

So in this scenario superman will have to
>Give the spear to Diana who can let the lasso go and then stab the thing in his head
>Superman can stand at a safe enough distance away and intervene if he needs to or use his heat vision from a distance
>If Doomsday does attack her, Diana can probably dodge it like before since Doomsday is weakened by the Kryptonite
>>
>>94429908
Several reasons, chief among them the logic behind Superman sacrificing himself has never been consistent among you faggots. Half of you say it makes him the icon he's supposed to be, the other half say that it somehow means that when he comes back people won't treat him like a god anymore despite the fact that resurrecting from the dead is a pretty religious feat. Another reason is that the death isn't earned, it's done via stupidity and plot contrivance; there's a reason in the comics Doomsday fights him one on one after tearing through a bunch of C and D listers; it's specifically to avoid this conversation where one of the other big names is holding their own just fine. Oh but wait, the comics only count when they defend the precious precious kino. There's also the fact that this Superman is such a tremendous failure that nobody even cares he's dead in the first place; good job becoming that icon when people are texting or getting up to leave during your funeral, Supes! Let's overlook the fact that the reviews to the movie focus more on Batman and Wonder Woman being awesome than Superman being a depressing pantload for a reason so they obviously failed to endear him with martyrdom. And hey, let's ignore the fact that Snyder himself said the main reason Superman had to die was so that Batman could be in charge of forming the Justice League; that interview was totally fake news, I'm sure.

Let's skip over all that and say that instead, yeah, Wonder Woman getting the kill makes for a better story because as it stands people like her more than the other two. Which is quite a feat considering she's honestly kind of mediocre.
>>
>>94429685
Could give us Furies vs JL as the big battle which sounds cool.
>>
>>94430010
>give the spear to diana
>all the while being in lethal proximity to the kryptonite
>then hold down doomsday and hope that diana doesn't job
>heat vision just makes doomsday stronger because he SUCCs the energy from it.
And what happens if doomsday catches diana and she is unable to make drive the spear in deeper into his heart?
As it was superman chose to sacrifice himself to stop doomsday. He could have flown away and let diana do it, but instead he chose to grab doomsday's bony appendage, impale himself further so that he could actually hit the heart.
>>
>>94429908
It's like if someone pulled the pin on a grenade while holding it but then dropped it to the ground and jumped on top of it to save the squad.
>why did he drop it
>why couldn't he just throw it
>why did he pull the pin
lots of things caused him to die for a stupid reason. Yeah, great that he saved his squad, but really it was an avoidable situation.
>>
It's a little worrying how much Snyderfags seem to laud suicide.
>>
>>94430078
What happens if Batman shows up with his Capture Claw Bat armor and nets the beast?
You're just rambling on about shit that's already been covered.
Wonder Woman is a capable fighter trained with weapons
Kal learned to fight
>ON A FARM?!
Superman was hindered by the weapon
Doomsday was hindered by the weapon
Diana was handing Doomsday his ass with a regular weapon while Doomsday was unhindered

Do the fucking math
>>
>>94429885
They should introduce Lashina in Justice League then have her stick around for Suicide Squad 2. But they're idiots and won't do that.
>>
>>94430147
>Zod was going to win because better training!
>Batman can hold his own because training!
>Wonder Woman's training couldn't do anything! It's not an advantage!
Really activates those almonds.
>>
>>94430048
imagine it. the furies, barda, lashina, brainwashed superman, and goodness are beating the JL's ass. then out of nowhere it is Mr. Miracle. His surprise attack sends goodnes back to apokalips with out a motherbox. then Barda turns on Lashina and the Furies. Helping Wondy fight superman and defeat him. Lashina is defeated, and the rest of the Furies. They are sent to be prisoner in an Atlantean prison deep below the ocean.
>>
>>94430044
>half of you
You are only talking to one person. As far as I know, it was pretty clear that superman was being treated like a god during BvS while the government was trying to rein him in.
>superman is a tremendous failure.
>saves the world from kryptonian monsters twice in two years and dies defending his adopted home.
I suppose the movie should have been all about superman helping kittens stuck in trees and talking to the head of the UN while batman mopes in the corner.
People say the kino stuff about snyder because he actually references some of the most iconic scenes in comic books and integrates it into his movie.
Batman rescuing martha from the warehouse isn't the same as old bruce beating up a bunch of mutants when he finally dusts off the old bat suit, but it's nice to see the action of the comics being represented in visual medium.
>the reviews during the movie focus on characters that are new to the franchise than the characters to the old one.
Because Batfleck and Wonder Woman were new characters being introduced into the film franchise, and they made a very different entrance than superheroes in current comic book movies. Batman is full on deranged and actually uses his bat=detective skills somewhat.
The same thing goes for wonder woman.

>snyder said something
Yes, he did. We are discussing the movie, and within the context of the movie it makes the perfect sense for superman to pay the ultimate price to protect earth instead of leaving it in the hands of a metahuman who he just met.
>>
>>94430147
Diana was barely holding doomsday straight with the lasso while he was weakened.
>>
File: new gods 007.jpg (546KB, 852x1280px) Image search: [Google]
new gods 007.jpg
546KB, 852x1280px
I really hope there is literally anything recognizable about the New Gods other than their names but I know that's hoping too much.

It's hard not to be bitter. Snyder can rape Superman and Batman all he wants but there's not gonna be a Fourth World reboot in three years, this is their only shot.
>>
>>94430110
>If you like snyder's movies you should kys.
Just go back to discussing why MCU spiderman is the best and him being tony senpai's bitchboi makes great sense for him.
>>
>>94430321
New gods is too risky to be part of the DCEU. The suits won't allow it.
>>
>>94430321
Well, the Fourth World Saga hasn't had its due in shows and cartoons for ages.

So, it's par for the course.
>>
this movie is actually gonna be a great example of anti-life
>>
>>94430206
>Zod was going to win because better training!
He lost because he wasn't fully adjusted to his senses like Superman was which gave him an edge. In the end he focused more on petty vengeance to try and kill random people than actually fighting Superman. An unfocused rage fueled monster, kind of like how Doomsday turned out.
>Batman can hold his own because training!
Batman used his prep time and weaponry to create a situation where was about to impale Superman's head on the spear. Yes, Superman was holding back initially but was in a situation where he couldn't even defend himself.
>Wonder Woman's training couldn't do anything! It's not an advantage!
She was able to fight Doomsday without kryptonite and cut off his hand with her regular, nonkryptonite sword.
>>
>>94430303
She was trying to hold him with the lasso.
She was just trying to match brute strength with brute strength
Not actually fighting where more than just raw power mattered.

Are you pretending she didn't block his punch with her sword, then swiftly cut off his hand?
Are you saying this part of the movie did not happen?
>>
>>94430303
Diana was cutting him in pieces and holding him with a lasso.

Imagine if Superman was there to help hold him? Whew, the fight sure would have been easier!

Stop trying to defend bad movies.

By the way, while her god killing attack doesnt work on Doomsday, considering that kryptonians have no defense against magic?
>>
>>94430335
>>If you like snyder's movies you should kys.
I never said that.
I'm saying that according to you guys:
Jonathan's death by suicide is an ultimate act of love and self sacrifice for his son.
Zod's suicide by Clark shows the depth of his dedication to his cause and makes him one of the best capeshit villains.
Bruce isn't retarded, he's just suicidal because he's older than his parents were and wants to go out taking down a higher power to give his life meaning...by dying in the process.
Clark's mortal self sacrifice is the ONLY way to redeem him in the eyes of humanity.

Face it. You guys are constantly defending dudes killing themselves to get ahead in these movies. Once is a okay, and twice is a coincidence, but we're on four times now when "character acts in a way that leads to their death is actually brilliant and deep" has been the party line.

And that's not even counting Steve Trevor.
>>
>>94430531
Not to mention the phantom drive was only able to hit Zod's ship thanks to that Army officer sacrificing himself
>>
>>94430531
We can include Diablo from SS for the list of the DCEU?
>>
>>94430531
Almost like heroic self sacrifice is a reoccurring motif in mythic hero tales.
>>
>>94430716
There are forms of self sacrifice and martyrdom that don't involve the character dying. Not to mention, you play the card this much, it loses its meaning.
Seeing Superman rise to the challenge of living would be more interesting than him deciding to die to inspire hope (somehow).
>>
>>94430716
This is an overused trope in a shitty blockbuster, and half of them have such terrible executions that they look pointless and just there for false attempt at being "deep".
>>
>>94430716
Which is fine if it's done in a decent way.
Jonathan dying just so that Clark won't have to explain how he was able to run a bit fast to a crowd of people that were panicked and pumped with adrenaline?
Kind of dumb. Know what would have happened if they did see that?
Local papers would read "Boy Runs Into Tornado to Save Father"
They'd get some witnesses saying they're surprised how fast he could run.
Some would say "he ran inhumanely fast" but everyone would shrug it off as just a young boy fueled with adrenaline and trying to save his father.

That's it. That's what Jonathan died for. To stop a feel good article from being written. Probably wouldn't even make the cover.
>>
>>94430321
>>94430360
If its any consolation, theres a MASSIVE Fourth World Omni coming out this December
>>
>>94430766
Superman gave his life to save the world, not to inspire hope. Because being a hero means you don't always come back. Inspiration was a mere side effect of his desth. The people in BvS only recognized his heroism when his ultimate sacrifice could not be twisted into realpolitik talking points. You cannot argue against somebody dying while saving you.
>>
>>94430915
Already have it pre-ordered.
Hope that the cover is cool though.
>>
>>94430943
I just hope it doesnt get canceled like that Aquaman omni
>>
>>94430870
What I don't understand is how can people be so dense they can't comprehend the basic concept of someone hiding a massive secret not wanting to attract ANY attention at all. Especially when there are previous incidents that you only barely managed to bullshit your way through.

Jonathan was adamant about protecting his son. Because he knew his secret was that important. Because his son deserved to be allowed to figure his life for himself rather than throwing it all away to just save an old farmer. Clark meant too much for the world. He was an incredible loving and relatable father figure.
>>
>>94428418

man I miss Genghis Khan Starro. I remember in Blackest night, he did not give a fuck about the zombies and just physically mowed them down continuously from the start of the event to the end.
>>
>>94431063
People know this.

He just still comes around as a horrible character that has no place in capeshit, that more than anything damaged and fucked with this version of Superman.
>>
>>94430766
Martyr means you actually sacrifice your life for the cause. Everyone who was shitting on superman in the movie because god hates aliens has to eat a load of dicks. Superman died to save earth form aliens. he is as much a son of earth as he was of krypton.
>>
>>94430431
>cutting him in pieces
And he got a power boost every time, my dear dumbass.
>>
>>94431218
No, people don't. They just whine about why superman didn't save papa.
Just like they whine about how untrained farm boy snapped the neck of zod while forgetting that zod was never going to stop and he said so 5 minutes ago,
>>
>>94431218
Totally disagree.
>you ARE my son
Jonathan was a good man with a strong moral compass.
>>
>>94431218
>Superman never learned her could fly until he was in his 30's
>having to wander around and get by with shit jobs like being a 30 year old bus boy in a truck stop
This. Superman was an absolute mess because of this.
>>
File: witch.jpg (31KB, 646x260px) Image search: [Google]
witch.jpg
31KB, 646x260px
But the mother of a flying demon must be a witch. The punishment for witches, what is that? That's right. Death by fire.
>>
>>94431285
She was reborn as Kingpin's wife.
>>
>>94431268
wat
I don't get your complaint.
>>
>>94431319
Papa kent should have thrown his son off a cliff.
>>
>>94431267
He had reasons for wanting to protect Clark.
We get that. But he still died for a stupid reason and gave Clark some horrible advice that stopped him from being Superman until just minutes after a new father figure gave him some better advice and a cape.
>Following Pa's path Clark wanders around homeless and with no friends until he's 30
>Following Jor-el's path Superman flies

See why people have trouble with it yet?
>>
>>94431367
>See why people have trouble with it yet?
No, because being raised by who he was raised by made him the man who can't disappear because he can't stop helping people.
>>
File: manchester-gif.gif (3MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
manchester-gif.gif
3MB, 500x350px
>That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men....cruel
>If God is all powerful, then he cannot be all good. And if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful.
>You're not brave. Men are brave.
>You know the oldest lie in America, senator? It's that power can be innocent.
>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something; that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in a gutter for no reason at all. They taught me that the world only makes sense if you force it to.
>Mother of God, would you look at the time! When you came here, you had an hour. Now it's less.
>I'm older now than my father ever was
>You were never a God... You weren't even a man.

What are your favourite quotes, /co/?
>>
>>94431367
I am sure it has something to do with Jor-el actually knowing what his son was capable of and that he was a grownass man at that point who had been raised by someone else.
Meanwhile Papa kent was raising him in the middle of nowhere making sure that he was having a normal life and protecting him from people who would wish to do him harm.
>>
>>94431252
People know why.

It was just stupid, and should have been ignored because it makes a better narrative and character for a movie. You keep insisting on the "you are my son" line, like the characters announcing their feelings somehow make them good parents, even if the fucko killed himself in front of Clark for bulshit reasons.
>>
>>94431218
To me, its because Superman just isn't the kind of character you can screw around with like that. Batman, Wonder Woman, any Lantern, hell even a Flash--you can mix around with their attitudes and early motivations. But Superman is the rock upon which the modern concept of superheroics is built on and for a film version that is intended to springboard an entire universe, you can't have him be anything but a paragon.
He should have been much less conflicted about being a hero. He should have been driven by an innate desire to save everyone he could. Him being confused and often seething with oh-so deep emotion just isn't MUH SUPES and the film felt empty because of it.

That same weird version then carried on to BvS. My hope is that the resurrected Superman behaves more like Muh due to being given a fresh start.
>>
>>94431433
>just isn't MUH SUPES and the film felt empty because of it.
This doesn't follow.
Not muh=/=lacking in content.
>>
>>94431319
Jonathan hindered Clark so badly that he could not even live a human life, let alone a super human one.
>>
>>94431383
Nah, all of his acts were against the wishes of Pa Kent. He did things despite his uprising, not because of it, same with his mother.

His parents do nothing on these movies, besides telling Clark to stop helping people.

>>94431404
But why all the other version of the character do it better?
>>
>>94431367
>gave Clark some horrible advice that stopped him from being Superman

Jonathan's advice is what pushed Clark to go and seek out his roots, which then allow him to experiment his powers and ultimately become Superman. Even fucking Donner has Clark spend like a decade sitting on his ass in the fortress of solitude while Jor-El lectures him about being a superhero.

People seem to take it for granted that Clark will one day just decide to put on a cape and spandex, which is insane. Outside of the radio serial almost every origin story has him save people in secret until he's exposed abd basically forced to come up with Superman as a character.
>>
>>94431392
This is cringe.

Like a tier bellow the kind of thing that you would read on Death Note or Naruto.
>>
>>94431524
Thanks for your shit opinion. Please put on a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>94431459
Well, considering that the movie keeps underperforming, and this version of Superman is a laughstock and nobody cared that he died...

By the way, even the company seems to be getting it because they decided to do a Flashpoint movie to retcon shit.
>>
>>94431562
It's funny coming from a cancerous tripfag.
>>
>>94431502
No, killing himself in front of his son is what made him become an autist as an adult that can barely communicate and face someone doing shit in front of him (instead sneaking up on their behinds) that runs around without a real job and was probably a virgin at 33.
>>
>>94431502
>Jonathan's advice is what pushed Clark to go and seek out his roots
He wandered around aimlessly until he was 30. He saw a random news broadcast and went to go check it out because he had nothing else to do.

>which then allow him to experiment his powers and ultimately become Superman
Not at all. We see in the flashbacks that he knew he was strong since he was a kid. But he never attempted to fly or push his speed to the limit until he talked to Jor-el

>People seem to take it for granted that Clark will one day just decide to put on a cape and spandex, which is insane.
Are you upset that in a superman origin movie, that people expect Superman to show up during the storyline?
Really?
Is that your complaint?
Is this your major dilemma?
That in a Superman movie
People expect to see Superman
Really?
>>
>>94431664
He is a snydercuck, anon.

He will eat anything that snyder defecate.
>>
>>94431501
>His parents do nothing on these movies, besides telling Clark to stop helping people.

Parents who since childhood hammer guilt and "you've got to serve mankind like an indentured servant for rest of eternity because you are an alien being" ideology are far shittier parents.

Pa simply didn't want a small kid to be exposed since it would fuck him up. The tornado scene is about him saying it's more important that Clark figures out why he is on Earth and only then decide if he wants to reveal himself to humanity, rather be forced to throw away his agency and privacy in order to just save his father. Jonathan taught Clark he was important and that he would change the world, so he had to grow up to be a man who would be ready to assume the burdens of being that important person and how to apply that change.

Ma on the other just said Clark should be Superman if he wants to be, not because he feels some obligation to be humanity's servant, be it guilt, shame, misguided responsibility or whatever, since if he goes down that road, there's no ending to it. He is there to help people if he so chooses, not the other way around.
>>
>>94431459
It does follow. The whole movie went by and I didn't feel like I had been satisfied. A bunch of shit happened in the service of nothing and none of it resonated with me. It was hollow, empty, and all around unenjoyable. For me at least.

I had the same strange gut feeling coming out of MoS the second time that I had with Episode 1. That sharp "I should have liked this but I didn't" feeling. It took two theatrical views and a home viewing for both movies for me to realize that the movie in question just didn't click despite me really really wanting it to.
>>
>>94431922
Except that they e red guilty on him and made so that he did nothing with his life until 30 and made him afraid of actualy using his powers.

Also, you are using a strawman. Saying "you should help people if you see them in a dire situation" is not "be a slave for humanity because you has powers". You are fucked up.
>>
never heard of him, not even in a single cartoon.
>>
>>94431664
No, I'm saying that while Clark becoming Superman is a foregone conclusion, it's not going to be just Clark waking up one day and going "okay, I'm twenty years old, it's time for me to put on a cape and become a superhero abd save cats from trees." Clark roams around the country trying to figure out his origin and reason to exist, something he does even in the comics. It's a fucking journey, and in MoS that involves finding the ship, learning about his planet and then stepping up to fight Zod. Walking out in costume one day and flying around stopping crime and then going to the daily planet because that's how it is in the comics after daddy gave me life lectures for couple of years a la Superman I is cartoony silver age shit nobody would take seriously.
>>
>>94431980
That whole thing was important because Jesus didn't start his public ministry until he was 30 so Snyder had to bullshit reasons for Superman to not start until he was 30.
That's all. It served no other purpose other than to be yet another misguided biblical connection.
>>
>>94431980
Clark keeps saving people through out his journey to finding the scout ship. He doesn't need his parents insisting he does it for him. We see from his childhood he always had the inner will to save those in need.
>>
>>94427627
It's not like he's some deep, complex character that you can handle the wrong way. His presence by itself just makes the plot insanely formulaic. Alien invasions are not that interesting after the first hundred times.

For Darkseid's minions to be respectable villains there needs to be a message behind them. Have the Apokolips be not just an alien invasion point, but some sort of a collective Nyarlahotep, manifesting the mortals' fears, complexes and the desire to be controlled by someone offering a "clear path" in their lives: you know, all that stuff in Darkseid's anti-life equation? Give a message about how humanity's fears makes us our own enemies or something.

This is why I don't really like most Justice League comics: the scope is too big and too unreal for a normal person to care about, and the only message you can do is "we need to stick together / trust each other!"
>>
>>94429685
>>94430048
Fucking these. They should've gone with Starro instead but if they had to do the New Gods first, should've given us Granny Goodness.
>>
>>94432119
>Clark keeps saving people through out his journey to finding the scout ship
He didn't start that journey until he was already 30 and randomly came across the most vague of information from some random people.

He didn't even bother checking anything on his baby carriage. Doesn't see if it can play the little chip Jor-el sent with him or if there is even hints that there is a scout ship on the planet.

He found the scout ship on coincidence. His journey to find out who he is didn't even start with him checking his only clue to his people.
>>
>>94429330
But he's in an Union
>>
>>94432485
>Nothing but pure conjecture the post
>>
>>94432693
>Buy the Ultimate Supercut Deluxe Blu-ray and watch all of the special features to hear director's commentary to hear how they wanted to include it in the movie.
Let me just get my wallet

Seriously though, why the hell did Jor-el give his son the alien thumb drive if the rocket he was sent in couldn't read it?
was he really planning on Kal finding the scout ship?
>>
>>94428392
Anyone who can inconvenience Superman for five seconds is pretty much a League-level threat by definition. Anyone who can actually seriously challenge Superman like Brainiac and Darkseid is a threat that requires either an expanded League or multiple teams of supers in Supes' class. Usually.
>>
>>94432231
>For Darkseid's minions to be respectable villains there needs to be a message behind them. Have the Apokolips be not just an alien invasion point

Kinda this. We should have more seeds of Apokalips/Darkseid beyond the bits in BvS.

Like, Krypton should have been corrupted by Darkseid (explaining why Krypton had that necropolis look beyond generic Giger look that sells and why DCEU Apokolips has the same design).

Then make Highfather Zeus (despite Zeus being a character in the comics, I think throwing in half ass Greek mythology in Wonder Woman was a bad idea, it makes the DCEU too cluttered for a movieverse). With New God's bs, that at least allows room for half assed Greek mythology while strengthening the build up for Darkseid.
>>
>>94433156
>Make Highfather Zeus
Kill yourself
>>
>>94433156
>Like, Krypton should have been corrupted by Darkseid

kys my man.
>>
>>94432231
>For Darkseid's minions to be respectable villains there needs to be a message behind them.
But this was what the comics already did.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Snyder completely missed all the subtlety and nuance of the New Gods.
>>
>>94433188

What does Zeus or Greek mythology add to the movies? Why add in a dead set of God's to the world when there is New God's to work with? I'm not saying Highfather should be Zeus, but for the movieverse, making who we know as Zeus into Highfather could add more world building and also establishes who the New God's are more so when Darkseid happens, it makes more sense.

>>94433222

Why else would Kypton have the generic biomechanical alien look in the movie, a look completely different than any other version of Krypton? Why does Apokolips appear to have the same look? Why does the scout ship have a connection to Steppenwolf? Making Krypton's fall and destruction related to Darkseid would explain those things, and again builds up to Darkseid's reveal.
>>
>>94433436
>making who we know as Zeus into Highfather could add more world building and also establishes who the New God's are more so when Darkseid happens, it makes more sense.

Please, stop. You complete and utter fucking moron.
>>
File: tumblr_ms8bckGSwv1qit0ovo1_500.png (503KB, 400x608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms8bckGSwv1qit0ovo1_500.png
503KB, 400x608px
>>94433321

It's something when you miss Kirby subtlety.
>>
>>94433455
10/10 rebuttal
>>
>THERE CAME A TIME WHEN THE OLD GODS DIED

>lol just retcon the old gods into actually being the new gods
>>
>>94433436
Because it defeats the purpose of having Old and New Gods dumbass. Your ideas are shit, get over it
>>
>>94427627
Personally, starting with a big gray dude and an army of parademons, I'm wondering why not just use Darkseid, and if they're saving him, I don't know how WB is going to make him appear different enough.
>>
>>94429198
Why did they hire him to voice granny goodness anyway?
>>
>>94433488
kek
>>
>>94433507
And the OLD GODS were actually the Norse ones
>>
I hope Brainaic gets to be the big bad guy after Darkseid gets taken out in JL2. Though knowing DC, they'll probably try to copy Marvel by making Brainiac a Ultron-esque interim villain who gets killed off in one movie between Darkseid's goon and Darkseid himself, wasting the character.
>>
>all mahvel movies lead to the infinity gauntlet adaptation
>all dc movies lead to the adaptation of.... what?
>>
>>94433534

because they think the thing to do to have a hit is have a henchman for a bigger bad to set up a sequel.
>>
>>94428434
That's like getting excited for Hot Rod being in Transformers 5.

I love Kirby, too. But this isn't Kirby, man.
>>
AHHHH HELP ME DIANA
>>
>>94433626
Flashpoint, sadly.
>>
>>94433723
>reboot the entire universe so you can push your cinematic reinterpretations to be adapted into movies
>it takes six years to get the ball rolling, and by then the New 52 was already getting reversed
Man, New 52 was a mistake.
>>
File: steve.png (623KB, 480x1042px) Image search: [Google]
steve.png
623KB, 480x1042px
>>94433599
suits are too focused on big blockbuster movie to actually give the leaguers time to develop. bringing the Cap and Wonder Woman comparison again, Cap's actions had more impact in the world building of his universe (S.H.I.E.L.D., super soldier program, heroes) as opposed to Diana who was forgotten by time after all the "heroism" she did.
the problem is that DC is once again not doing what Marvel is doing. even the most stand-alone marvel movie is connected somehow to the bigger universe. first it was S.H.I.E.L.D. and now it's the infinity gems.

>>94433723
>plot leading to a reboot
my point exactly.
>>
>>94433626

Nothing. I don't understand why everyone is so excited for seeing a completely butchered version of IG. They've done such a piss poor job if building Thanos that the movie is inevitably going to be a half assed attempt at best
>>
Realistically, who else could be the JL villain? Without using up characters that are character specific, what true JL-only rogues are there? Starro, Amazo, Despero...who else?
Maybe they'll hold onto Darkseid the way Marvel's been doing with Thanos because I dont see any other villain that would work within the decidedly not-fun DCEU.
>>
>>94433783
>Cap's actions had more impact in the world building of his universe

No it didn't. It had no weight, it was just "oh, I guess that's connected to x, y and z"
>>
>>94433855
mahvel managing to get where they are with as few characters as they have makes it all worthwhile. DC got all its characters waiting to get adaptations but instead they skip all the possible character building and jump to endgame material (stevenwolf and darkseid)
>>
>>94433904
>Starro
>Despero
>Vandal Savage
>Anti Monitor
>The Legion of Doom
>The Crime Syndicate
>>
>>94433904
it should have been Brainiac. he's big enough to play the leaguer's first villain while not being in the same tier as darkseid.
>>
>>94433967
>Anti Monitor
This is the route they should've gone down. Big enough of a threat to rival Thanos, yet different enough to not be accused of ripping off Marvel (which is going to happen when Darkseid appears).
>>
>>94433986
Moreover, you could have established Brainiac's interest in collecting Earth was an effort to catalog it before Apokolips destroyed it
>>
>>94427639
No its good. When Snyder ruins Steppenwolf, it won't matter cause its Steppenwolf.

I'm just glad they didn't waste Darkseid on this piece of shit.
>>
>>94433904
someone recognizable. ask any normie to name superman villains. 70+ years of pop culture should give them plenty of options but I dare say that most of them would name Luthor, Brainiac, General Zod, Bizarro or Metallo.
now why can't we see some of those characters in the big screen? because they're too focused on catching up to marvel. it's embarassing to see all these perfectly good villains and the possibilitis of character development they'd bring go to waste. I would have cared more about Superman dying if he had more victories under his belt and if I had gotten to know him more..
>>
>>94434109
that's the problem, Steppenwolf is just SO throwaway.
>>
>>94433967
Starro I'll give you. A big creepy alien mind control thing that spawns lots of little baby things to fight. Gotta have those action set pieces. Hell, they might even throw in Starro "true" form, ya know?

None of those others would work with the way these movies have been styled. You need lots and lots of destruction and lots of Chitari/Ultron clones/Germans to kill.

Depero is a mind control thing, which is what Darkseid will be simplified to as well as what Staroo does with the added benefit of parademons/stars

Vandal Savage? Wut?
Legion of Doom, again, too comic-booky of a concept to play, plus they wont have enough villain established to even HAVE a Legion.

Crime Syndicate..actually that's just lazy enough for them to do. Evil JL. They don't even need to cast new actors for the villains!

Anti Monitor might work as an end-game excuse to reboot the franchise once everthing else fails.
>>
>>94434120
That's why I mentioned that the JL villain couldn't be character specific. Luthor, Brainiac, General Zod, Bizarro and Metallo are literally ALL Superman villains. Assuming they are going to keep trying to give individual characters solo movies, they have to have something to give Supes.
Meanwhile, they also want to do JL movies with jack shit to play from. The only options are MORE alien conquerors and...I dunno. A wizard or two?
>>
>>94434109
But doesn't that hurt the hype?
I mean, I forgot this movie was coming out soon. Very few of my friends even realize it's coming out.
Of the people that do know it's coming out they don't know what it's about.
>Unite the league!
Against what?
>Fuck you! Unite the League!
>>
desu famalamz
>>
>>94434382
>Very soon

It's the first days of August, broheim.
>>
>>94431392
Of course Rooney jacks off to this shit tier writing.

Fuck off already.
>>
>>94434219
>You needs lots of destruction, Chitari/Ultrons to kill
See its shit like this that kills comic movies. Endless flying monkeys is FUCKING BORING and overdone at this point. You know what people want? A good fucking story anon.
>Vandal Savage? Wut?
Fuck you. God forbid we have a villain rely on wit instead of throwing an army at the league
>>
>>94428137
Know that i read it, it kinda makes sense. Batman Begins and TDKR weren't dark nor they touched serious subjects. Zack is an sperg that doesn't know how to express himself tho.
>>
>>94434821
*Now
>>
File: Mister Miracle 008.jpg (1MB, 1988x2990px) Image search: [Google]
Mister Miracle 008.jpg
1MB, 1988x2990px
>>94433488

Kirby subtlety, you say?
>>
>>94434219
So Stepphenwolf and later Darkseid because they need to stop a giant blue beam from firing into the sky?
That's shit. I'd rather just end the franchise now.
>>
>>94431639
>No, killing himself in front of his son is what made him become an autist as an adult
Clark was nineteen when Jonathan died. Hew as ALREADY AN ADULT. That's why the argument that he "wasn't ready yet" is just empty faggotry; he was already a grown ass man in the eyes of everyone except these chucklefucks that will live with their moms until she dies and then probably a few weeks after.
>>
>>94427627
Are there any issues that flesh out Steppenwolf's character to give us a sense of what he 'should' be like in the movie?
>>
>>94435060
Only The Pact is any good.
>>
>>94433986
Brainiac > Darkseid

Darkseid a shit.
>>
>>94434471
November 17, it's coming out relatively soon
>two weeks after Thor Ragnarok
Now every one of the people I've talked to is hyped about this on the other hand.
>>
>>94429228
Honestly your idea is shit, anon. As shitty as Snyder's is too, even his is better for the movie. The best course of actuon would have been to leave the New Gods out of it altogether.
>>
>>94435060

He's introduced and killed in a single flashback story
>>
>>94431392
Fuck, I hate the DCEU's pseudo-intellectual writing.
>>
>>94427627
>film by Zack Snyder
Not a fucking chance.
>>
>>94434726
>>94434894
Just being realistic. This wasn't an idea based on my desire it was based on likelihood.
>>
>>94427627

Say what you want about WW Ares but his powers were impressive.

If nothing else, Steppenwolf looks like Ares if he never had to ditch his original wardrobe, had a better weapon, hellspace tech and an army to back himself up.
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.