[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: 1460748592417.jpg (346KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1460748592417.jpg
346KB, 800x1136px
Averything X-Men related. Discuss runs, storylines, characters, powers, waifus.

Where is the X-Franchise going?
>>
>>94425766

the x men franchise is going nowhere, if it is true there will be a Rebirth style relaunch in 2018.
Everything until then will be a stop gag.

Something I care about is too see what they do with Emma, she should appear in the Secret Wars or Captain America issues in which Wakanda and New Tian are attacked (it will happen in the next Captain America issue according to previews, Steve declares war on both places).
She should also appear in Blue, which was delayed a week (probably for art, but perhaps they are rewriting something), and later in the Jean Grey book.
I want to see if they leave a door open to her not going full crazy ex girlfriend villain, so she can be usable again in x men teams.

I also think Xavier will return with Astonishing, and perhaps the real Wolverine will return with Legacy, but I doubt it.
I hope Astonishing is good, really liked the first issue.
I also want to see if in Generation X they mention Eye Boy was tortured in Gold and mutilated (lost 2 eyes) he is in the cover
>>
>>94425996
>the x men franchise is going nowhere, if it is true there will be a Rebirth style relaunch in 2018.
Another ResurrXion?
>>
it's crazy how there's like 8ish Xbooks right now and none of them have talented writers
>>
Two out of three major x-books are about the shitty bendis characters. X-men is a dead franchise.
>>
>>94426071

for the whole Marvel, not only the X-Men. A relaunch of all books like ANAD or Now!
>>
>>94425766
Nowhere, and pretty fast
>>
How would you all feel about fusing redundant characters?

By that I mean, fusing teen Iceman and adult Iceman, and say, end end product is one Iceman with the memories of both and the average age, in his early mid 20s instead of a teen or someone almost in his 30s.

It could be done with clones and versions from another times too.
Fusing Cable and Nate Grey would just mean, basically, de aging Cable 10 years more or less.
>>
>>94425766
Namor is an X-Men? I thought he was just an asshole with little wings on his feet that cucks men from their wives?
>>
>>94425766
I don't care how or why, but I want a permanent mutant state.
I'd settle for a line of one-of origin stories of young mutants getting their powers and how they deal with them as a testing ground for all sorts of new mutants, mutants who don't have to join the X-Men or even meet them, but for some strange reason that surely has nothing to do with movie rights, I doubt that'll happen.
Still, mutants should be much more than a few para-military/terrorist groups and a stand-in for outcasts.
Develop that culture you're always talking about, Marvel.
>>
>>94425766
I just went back through Lobdel and Bachalo Gen X and I really loved that era but like... is it good? I can't tell with these nostalgia goggles on. Also, g'damn that class and the Yost class had it so so so much worse than any of the others just shocking amounts of perma-death.
>>
>>94427134

he was during the Utopia period. And he cucked Cyclops with Emma.
He is a mutant, apart from being atlantean. IIRC flying is his mutant ability, the little feet wings
>>
>>94425766
Does anyone else think the Upstarts and the Externals if used simultaneously could actually turn into something interesting if plotted? Just from the jump immortal mutant royalty is a bizarre concept. Both of these plotlines were convoluted and made little sense but what if the new Upstarts were directly antagonistic to the over-arching goals of the External elite?
>>
File: 1501640376677.jpg (70KB, 629x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501640376677.jpg
70KB, 629x960px
>>94425766
Hopefully back to good costumes.
>>
>>94425766
>characters I like
god tier
>characters marvel writers enjoy writing about in 2017
shit tier
>>
I want the real Scott and the real Logan back and I want them to go back to their pre-Schism relationship.

If Marvel does this the franchise will be on top again. I guess the question is if Marvel wants the X-Men to be on top again.
>>
>>94429456

pic unrelated
>>
>>94430613
You're right, for the image to be related it should read "perfect costumes".
>>
>>94430613
What are you talking about? That's an objectively good design.
>>
File: tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg (130KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7aankemus1r2x5jlo1_500.jpg
130KB, 500x644px
When will she come back?!
>>
>>94430669

the X mask is so fucking dumb
>>
>>94430699
It doesn't make sense how it would work or how he can see but it looks good
>>
File: X-Treme_X-Men_Vol_1_26_Textless.jpg (105KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
X-Treme_X-Men_Vol_1_26_Textless.jpg
105KB, 500x742px
I remember this being my first erection at like age 7 when I saw this at my old LCS
>>
File: IMG_2993.jpg (132KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993.jpg
132KB, 500x746px
>>
>>94430753
It makes perfect sense, the visor/lenses are underneath the X.
>>
>>94429456
>>94430613
>>94430627
>>94430669
>>94430699
>>94430753
>>94430980
Talking about perfect costumes. Pic related.
>>
File: 1501698485683.jpg (321KB, 660x884px) Image search: [Google]
1501698485683.jpg
321KB, 660x884px
>>94425766
Laura is a QT
>>
I have never read anything with Dani Moonstar from the 90s to the House of M.

Did her powers continue to develop or did her mutant power remains quite useless?
What happened to her? I mean, it seems like she was the most popular new mutant in the 80s, but in the 90s only Cannonball, Wolfsbane and Sunspot were in books.
>>
>>94431093
Drop the bikini and the nightwing bird design and it could easily work for the "main" Scott.
>>
>>94432555
She joined the deadly MILF terrorist group as an undercover agent of SHIELD and then went back to the school as an advisor of >>94430684 and others.
>>
>>94432555
>>
>>94429628
Trying to think of X-Men characters I like who have been used well in the last few years and I'm drawing a blank.

Rogue and Cable were fine in Duggan's Uncanny Avengers, as was Sunspot in New Avengers, but those aren't X-books.
>>
>>94432961
Can't skip over the Road Trip X-Force crew, brother.
>>
>>94433890
I miss the Psi-Arrows

Its a shame she never used them while a Valkyrie
>>
>>94427482
a good writer can turn anything interesting, too bad Marvel is on short supply of those though
>>
>>94434381
Uncanny means its an X-book
>>
>>94434931
No more than Amazing X-men is a Spider-man book
>>
>>94426104
that's more like a Marvel problem that the X-Books
>>
>>94434931

there is a rumour, by that I mean, probably fake 4chan leak, that Marvel will remove the xmen characters and turn it into a normal avengers book.
>>
>>94435909
I doubt it.

Cancelled and replaced by a more typical Avengers title maybe, but they wouldn't keep the name without the X-Men connection.
>>
>>94434392
what's that? sounds cool
>>
>>94436163
When John Francis Moore wrote X-Force, it was about the kids just hitting the road and going on fun adventures before settling in San Francisco.

It's my favorite version of X-Force (not counting X-Statix) and a concept I wish would have been revisited with the Academy X kids.
>>
>>94425766
Does anyone know if Psylocke's bisexuality has ever come up again?
>>
>>94426977
I think that's terrible. No one cares about the O5 characters enough to need an excuse to keep them in continuity permanently.
>>
what are Rogue's best stories? she seems fun
also has Magik ever made one of those portals and cut an enemy in half?
>>
>>94437796

I can;t remember the particular issues but she headlined X-Men for a time under Mike Carey. It was a good run.

Are there any good, major X-villains any more? I can't really think of any aside from Sinister or Apocalypse. Mags is still in the gray area and last I checked even Sublime was teaming up with the X-Men.
>>
File: portal cut.png (3MB, 1815x1399px) Image search: [Google]
portal cut.png
3MB, 1815x1399px
>>94437796
>also has Magik ever made one of those portals and cut an enemy in half?

Once but he was a big guy
>>
>>94425766
I'm really pissed that best x-book right now is Blue with the fucking 05. Still terrible but miles better than Gold's bland crap. All my hopes would be in Astonishing if Soule were not the writer, because after the crap that was IvX I don't think he can bring anything good for the X-Franchise.
Weapon-x is fine as an X-Force stand in I guess and I can't even understand the logic about Generation X.
Let's see if at least the second act of Cable's book brings something good.
>>
>>94426977
The o5 are cancer you do not transfer cancer. Only scooty becoming Scott might actually be workable.
>>
>>94437975

I feel the same way although I kinda enjoy Generation X. I am not very excited about the Mojo crossover. It feels like it will be a greatest hits of the x men, when we already have too much nostalgia and rehashes.
It is like Marvel didnt notice the best selling XBOOK before the relaunch was Uncanny, which was pretty much a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants book, while New X Men sold worst.

My hopes are that Astonishing is good, Cable with Blink, Armor, Doop, Longshot is good, and that Emma isnt completely character assasinated.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.