[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, am i the dumb idiot for liking the Iron Fist show? I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iron-fist-slide.jpg (73KB, 940x470px) Image search: [Google]
iron-fist-slide.jpg
73KB, 940x470px
So, am i the dumb idiot for liking the Iron Fist show?

I know critics have panned it partially because "muh white saviour" and partially because their view of the season was inherently incomplete since they're only allowed to review a selected number of episodes, but what about you guys? I often see people shitting on the show, but now that I've seen it i don't really get it. I remember some criticized the action but i thought it was fine, although i have to say the camera work kinda ruined it, more often than not it would focus on close-ups of the actors which didn't allow to properly follow their moves. There were memorable fights, like the one with the drunken man, the one against all the Hand trainees or the final one against Bakuto

And the characters were also good imo, they have their struggles, low moments and all, they develop, the plot was intriguing enough, the villains had their cool moments, so...

So yeah, let's discuss, what was wrong with it? Is it about comic accuracy? I've read comics featuring Danny before but never comics about Danny, so i can't really comment on that front. The effect they used for the iron fist was cool, i wonder how much of it was practical
>>
>>94425176
>what was wrong with it?

First nail in the coffin is the shitty action in a kung-fu protagonist show. The Fist is only used less than once an episode, until the final episode in which it is used so outrageously overpowered compared to earlier uses it fails to be a wow and is more of an unbelievable oh-fuck-off.

Second nail is that Danny, outside of some fun surfer-sensei style moments, is a cardboard bore who either seems incapable of normal human feelings or so overwhelmed with emotions it makes his becoming of the Iron Fist even more laughable.

Third nail is dedicating so much time of the season to the extended cast.

Fourth of all, everyone is a fucking idiot. Everyone. It's as though everyone in the cast took lessons from Jessica Jones on how to be an irresponsible shithead "professional."
>>
>>94425176
debating on whether or not to skip it before Defenders.

just didn't manage to get excited for this, trailers didn't do much for me
>>
>>94425176
>So, am i the dumb idiot for liking the Iron Fist show?
Yes
>>
>>94425312
Well, yeah, I wasn't much interested either, I've seen it really just for Defenders but i enjoyed my time

>>94425291
>First nail
I already explained i disagree although the action wasn't anything spectacular, Daredevil still reigns, but i don't get what you're saying about the fist, it was OP because he made the floor tremble a bit in a particularly stressful moment for Danny? And it was a wow for me

>Second nail
I found him compelling, struggling between his role and his emotions

>Third nail
I liked the extended cast! Ward was interesting in his pathetic frustrations, Joy was sweet and I'm sad she ended up where she did, Coleen was cool

>Fourth
Were they? The dumbest was Danny for trusting Harold so easily, but can you blame him, he was looking for a family, he openly says this
>>
>>94425176
It just seemed really boring to me. I stopped watching after four episodes because "it gets decent after five hours!" is bullshit.
>>
I thought it was alright.
>>
>>94425291
>First nail in the coffin is the shitty action in a kung-fu protagonist show.
I still don't know why they casted a scrawny Brit with no martial arts training as a muscly American martial artist superhero.
>>
>>94425176
>I know critics have panned it partially because "muh white saviour" and partially because their view of the season was inherently incomplete since they're only allowed to review a selected number of episodes
What's up with these meme excuses? Some reviews mentioned briefly something about race swapping but the show was shat on because it was awfully casted, written, paced and directed. What you should be asking yourself is what would have happened to Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (just as terrible) if they hadn't have the SJW good boy points
>>
>>94425176
It was a mediocre show. The action in the kung fu show was terrible and all of the characters felt wooden. I really didn't care if Gao ended up killing half of them or not.
>>
>>94425176
Look man, i'm a huge comic book fan, and I enjoy like 90% of live action adaptations.

This was bad by all accounts, I've said this many times

>The production was terrible
No interesting sets, no world building, only good casting choices were the Meechums and Coleen,

>terrible plot
the plot goes back and forth a lot of times, and not a single person in the show has clear intentions, by episode 5 it gets extremely boring, and the final bosses are all terrible

>characterization
Not a single character is consistent . Danny is supposed to have mastered Chi, yet he is childish, erratic and extremely easy to put off, instead of cool and suave. Also, it makes zero sense that he gets his shit pushed around by average mooks

>fight choreography
For a tv budget, this gets a 2/10
For a live action cape it gets 1/10
For a martial arts related show it gets a 0

I could go on, but I can't really grasp how could anyone defend this
>>
>>94425428
Well, i said partially i know it's not that simple , and they're still doing it, have you seen that preview for the Defenders?

And Luke Cage and JJ were both good, but i guess I'm bound to be the unpopular opinion here
>>
>>94425176
It's a good show but boy does it have its flaws but I still rank it 2nd out of the 4. Biggest flaw though is his rare use of the iron fist, but I could see how that'd make him too op for the people he fought. I think the show could have been better if it didn't take too long trying to get him to finally accept that he's The Immortal Iron Fist. fuck you for making this thread when I'm about to go to sleep
>>
>>94425464
>And Luke Cage and JJ were both good, but i guess I'm bound to be the unpopular opinion here
I'll give you Luke Cage but JJ?really anon? I had to force myself through that show, that's how fucking shit it was. Also she could have saved the chick by having kilgrave go and get her out of jail himself during that part where she was making him do good but instead she knocks him out like the fucking retard she is.
>>
>>94425380
>reeee it's all subjective
>>94425410
Could've given him mask and good costume but nope.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.