[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long will their marriage last, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 32

File: download (11).jpg (12KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
12KB, 194x259px
How long will their marriage last, /co/?
>>
She'll say no, unfortunately.
>>
>>94419005
Nearly every woman in DC is a better choice for a wife than that dyke you call Catwoman
>>
Hopefully they learn from OMD and don't retconn it. Characters can grow up and be relatable.
>>
File: 1501215967969.png (319KB, 424x425px) Image search: [Google]
1501215967969.png
319KB, 424x425px
>>94419005
A few possibilities

>A year in DC Universe
>Long enough for a new baby
>Helena is born
Gives a new dynamic for the batfamily and Bruce himself. Damien could be the reluctant babysitter

>Joker anniversary kills her or makes her the new Oracle
Pretty much already determined by this. King said his run is a gigantic story arc. Doing this will leave a huge impression within the Batman mythos.
>>
>>94419104
This. Joker isn't going to stand for some back alley whore moving in on his man
>>
Isn't she still a jewel thief?
>>
>>94419040

>hating Catwoman

Shit taste, anon.

>>94419104

>Joker killing/crippling Catwoman

I feel like this is going to happen and I would be devastated.
>>
>>94419104
doomsday clock is a year in the future, and the books will have caught up by the time it ends
>>
>>94419040
Name one? WW? How the hell would that work? Batgirl? The Nightwing fags and shippers would literally storm DC and burn it to the ground. Gotham Girl? Gotham who? Ivy or Harley? Talk about a crack ship only thing stupider would be Joker. You want him to remain a solitary sour puss like 90% of /co/? Catwoman is probably the most reasonable choice.
>>
>>94419005

Solicits have all but confirmed that she says no
>>
>>94419005
If she says yes, and the marriage makes it past engagement period which will likely be a year, and then the marriage itself manages to last another year or two, then it will be pretty much locked in and permanent.
>>
>>94419259
Probably Zatanna, but childhood friends never win in romance so...
>>
>>94419289
Yea the only character with deeper commitment issues than Batman, plus ever since JLD and the animated movie they've been pushing her and Constantine together.
>>
>>94419289
>Because of Paul Dini, Zatanna will forever be considered a "Batman character".
>>
>>94419261
Prove it? I haven't seen anything.
>>
>>94419222
Not hating bro, but she's about as interesting as a rock
>>
>>94419392
Have you seriously not read her books? Out of the entire Batman family she's probably had one of the most interesting character arcs. She's funny, shady and badass.
>>
File: 2.png (27KB, 983x261px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
27KB, 983x261px
>>94419341
>>
File: Catwedding (batman 345 026).jpg (1MB, 1280x1898px) Image search: [Google]
Catwedding (batman 345 026).jpg
1MB, 1280x1898px
It'll end as soon as he realizes she's a kitty cat.
>>
Who knows? Injustices arcade ending for Catwoman has them not even making it to the altar. Earth 2 on the other hand had them married and side by side until the end of the world.
>>
>>94419505
That kind of reads as if he is trying to get the Batfamily's approval. The last arc had in saying he is scared of everything and how much he doesn't like his life to Gotham Girl.

>Dick tries to talk him out of it because Dick self destructs every relationship he has ever been in
>Jason doesn't really care
>Tim (who comes back in September) will question him about her being a criminal
>Damian will throw a bitch fit and try call Bruce foolish. Comparing Catwoman to Talia
>Who cares what Babs thinks

We also have unfinished story arcs. Like the mass murder charge that still hangs over Salinas head.
>>
>>94419005
This is what I think will happen.

Selina is going to say that Bruce needs to find himself under his cowl, and be himself, before accepting. Also, she will state that she has dangerous enemies that eventually will endanger their lifes as normal people.
Bruce is going to throw himself in a dangerous travel around the world finding his roots, recall his training and also put to an end the most dangerous guys out there because that's the way he thinks he will find himself, free Selina's from her ghosts and also the way he can put his crusade to an end.
He will come back then, they will marry, live together a few issues, maybe even a few story arcs, and then she will die for whatever reason, probably event related. Or she will be kidnapped, or she will make something awful.
And in the end, the status quo will reign again, unfortunately.
>>
>>94419332
Better than nothing
>>
>>94419551
that's kind of hot
>>
>>94419657
>>94419657
>>Tim (who comes back in September) will question him about her being a criminal
I dunno, anon. He was pretty forgiving with Jason. I know Tim is a self righteous bitch, or was, at some point. But sometimes he just goes and lets it go as if it was nothing really.
>>
>>94419005
How long do ant marriages last /co/?
>>
>>94419392

She's literally the most interesting Batman character...
>>
The thing people forget is that Bruce would never be able to settle down. His one and only goal in life is to the eradication of crime. It's dictated every decision he's made and has led him to where he is now. Marriage is about commitment and putting someone's needs before your own. Bruce can't make that promise since Batman is always going to be his number one priority.

In short, marriage is for normies and Bruce isn't a normie.
>>
If the marriage does happen it'll last for at least as long as King is on the book which will be for another 4 years.
>>
>>94419767

I see Tim of pragmatic. He will come to accept the marriage if Bruce wants it. The problem is we don't know what Tim will be like in Rebirth. I mean, did Oz's jail give him PTSD? Why is he coming back at the most important time in Bruce's life?

I for one will love to see Tim again.
>>
>>94419858
Hopefully Oz will have turned Tim back into the real Tim.
>>
>>94419332
otherwise she wouldn't be considered at all, so not a bad deal
>>
>>94419005
So I take it you're too dumb to understand what the SPOILER boxes are for.
In that case you're just dumb enough to believe this bullshit plot-bump will last forever and ever.
>>
>>94419657
>Like the mass murder charge that still hangs over Salinas head.
Anon, they... they sorta addressed that, but it felt like the biggest fucking running retcon.
>>
File: hmm coffee.jpg (47KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
hmm coffee.jpg
47KB, 662x635px
So is Batman gonna make a deal with the devil to bring his Aunt back by trading away his marriage?
>>
>>94419104
How about a regular rich people divorce with Catwoman as a petty ex-wife?
>>
>>94419858
>did Oz's jail give him PTSD?
I sure hope he will. But I doubt they (editors and writers) will dare to. But honestly, that could give the character some interesting story and character traits, given that he hasn't really passed through any real hardship, or at least, lesser messed up shit than the other batfamily members (besides Babs, maybe. But even she had her share). Well, I don't know Tim too well, to be honest. I could be totally wrong. But in any case, drama is a hell of a tool to make a character into, well, a character, one who feels more real. It can be good things too, of course: the point is making them pass through events that actually let an imprint in them.

>>94419858
>Why is he coming back at the most important time in Bruce's life?
Story wise? Probably because he's the most detective out of the Robins. better than Bruce, I think? He's the Sherlock, I think? Damn, I know very little about Tim. Also, I think he was involved into some time traveling stuff: that may have something to do, too.
Editorial wise, they probably didn't know what to do with him at the moment and feel like putting him to rest until they could write some interesting story for him. Seems like DC is approaching their non big characters like that, overall.
>>
>>94420019
The worst of DC is many times better than the worst of Marvel, so I don't think this will happen
>>
>>94420071
Oh, I reread the second question. Damn I suck at reading comprehension when I'm this sleepy.

They're bringing him back now because they're going to introduce heavy stuff in the DCU and they need him for something else, I guess.
>>
File: Honeymoon's Over.jpg (236KB, 900x586px) Image search: [Google]
Honeymoon's Over.jpg
236KB, 900x586px
>>
>>94419005

Like 1 year.
>>
>>94419798
Have you not been reading King's run? His impulse to end crime is a torture for him. He does pretty much everything for Gotham (i.e. his parents), and nothing for himself. His conversation with Gotham Girl about doing things for his own happiness is what prompted him to risk proposing to Catwoman. That PLUS his last words to his dad in The Button about not being Batman for their sakes.

My prediction is that Selina says yes, but then something happens to her during The Metal that drags Batman into accepting his status as Batman again.

Of course, I do want DC to sack up and just keep them together, but I'm not holding my breath. That would just make too much sense. Think of the stories between Stepmom Selina and the Batfamily. Double dates with Clark and Lois. Damian not trusting her at first like a son whose worried a new woman will take his dad away. It could grow so many characters. But nah, let's just have another "[insert Batfamily member here] doesn't trust Bruce anymore" storyline.
>>
>>94419104
that's actually a good idea... i have a feeling it's going to end badly for Selina though once people get bored with Bruce being married and want a return to basics they will kill Selina
>>
File: IMG_20170523_105946.jpg (620KB, 1080x1654px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170523_105946.jpg
620KB, 1080x1654px
>>94420071
Good points. I just don't want to see Tynion write for him and utterly destroy his character like he did Spoiler. I swear, that fucking guy has been dick riding Snyder for way too long.

>>94420121
It is heavily implied that OZ is supposibly dropping characters in and out of the continuity to fuck with the DC heroes at their most vulnerable times. We still have some time to go before we figure out what is going to happen to Doomsday and the other guy. Even Mxyzptlk was captured by him. They even went as far to say Mxyzptlk was scared of him.

>>94420011
They did? What issue? All I remember is that it was revealed it wasn't Salina and instead some she trained. I still think the bounty on her head is still up since it was unresolved when the real killer escapes to Khnadaq.
>>
>>94420269

>Think of the stories between Stepmom Selina and the Batfamily. Double dates with Clark and Lois. Damian not trusting her at first like a son whose worried a new woman will take his dad away. It could grow so many characters.

This is my wish.
>>
>>94420269
>>94420347
>Double Dates with Clark and Lois
I want this soooooooo bad now. Think of the possibilities, Lois and Selina on their own little adventure while the boys fight something. Or what if they dont get along?
>>
>>94419005
dr manhattan event starts and he undoes the marriage proposal and selena doesn't know bruce's identity again.
>>
>>94420347
Perfection.

Too bad most Batfags want Bruce to remain a stoic loner who jerks off only jerks off to justice and Joker
>>
Would Jason's teammates be invited to the wedding?
>>
>>94420545
I dont think they would go; Artemis wouldn't care, and Bizarro would probably try and eat the entire cake.
>Detective Chimp is the ordained minister
>Clark is best man
>Damian is pissed about being the ring bearer
>Babs cant stop crying
>Dick is being smug
>Jason is at the bar
>Tim's invitation was lost in the mail
>Rest of the league is there despite Bruce's protest
Who's throwing Bruce a bachelor party?
>>
>>94420640

>Who's throwing Bruce a bachelor party?

Hal and Guy
>>
>>94420545
>Jason's teammates be invited to the wedding
>Artemis will teach Babs/Cass/Spoiler the ways of being a Amazonian badass. Donna will try her best to fit in.
>Jon and Damian team up with Bizzaro to become the Best Boy Squad who team up to solve who stole the wedding cake
>Jason Dick and Tim have some family bonding time which leads into them uncovering someone is trying to cash the wedding
>Supes/Wonder/Batman will actually be relaxing as their entire family rosters are the one protecting the wedding

I could dig it.
>>
>>94419005
not long, selena is too much of a "free spirit/rogue". she likes the flirting and taboo behind her meetings with bats, she'd never like monotony.
>>
>>94420344
Was the old man scared of Oz? I got the impression that he was actually scared of Manhattan, actually. Oz imprisoned him, but he wasn't the one he was talking about to Jon.

Now, I just thought... Maybe the Jor-El stuff is actually right, with all the dealing with prisons as a them and being smart and all.
>>
>>94420678
Trainwreck for the ages.
Fucking glorious!
>>
Isn't Batman and Catwoman's daughter Huntress
>>
File: Catwoman (2002-2008) 066-010.jpg (626KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman (2002-2008) 066-010.jpg
626KB, 1074x1650px
>>94420344
The girl they pinned it on was Holly Robinson, originally Selina's teenage prostitute gal pal in Year One, who was brought back in Catwoman's second ongoing. The fucked up thing was, Holly became Catwoman for a story arc there while Selina settled down, and wound up quitting because of all the violence and death. She didn't kill anyone as Catwoman, but she was framed for it anyway, and saw enough people die to realize the masked life wasn't for her. She trained with Selina and Wildcat, but her biggest victory was beating up a teenage girl.

So the idea that "actually, Selina didn't hunt down and kill all those 200+ terrorists with her clawed hands, HOLLY did!" is ridiculous to me. And since it all happens abruptly in a single issue, in which Batman's suddenly convinced she didn't do it when that possibility was never even brought up before, it reeks of "fuck we can't risk losing readers, Catwoman can't be a multiple murderess!", but they picked the worst character to pass the buck to. I prefer her as Selina's last carefully guarded sliver of innocence, and now she's her scapegoat.
>>
>>94419005
until the next reboot of the dc universe
>>
>>94419005
>will you marry me?
>hold on lets have sex first then you tell me the story about when you were the most vulnerable
>then you'll answer?
>sure
>>
>>94420697
>Jon and Damian team up with Bizzaro to become the Best Boy Squad who team up to solve who stole the wedding cake

I didn't realize I wanted this so bad. Cute Cute Cute Cute
>>
>>94421083
>They ask Bizarro if he ate it
>He says no
>All three go on an adventure to find out who did it
>It was Bizarro
>>
You just know they'll never make it through the wedding ceremony.
Ra's Al Ghul will show up with ninjas or the bat-signal will be lit up in the sky mid-vows or The Joker will ruin the whole day by wedding crashing because of course it'll be The Joker in a wedding dress.
It's kinda predictable when you stop to think about it.
>>
File: 1500174071161.jpg (374KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1500174071161.jpg
374KB, 1000x666px
>>94421162
>>
>>94421162
>He says no
Well, he told the truth.
>>
The Batfamily was always such a stupid fucking idea and whatever hack thought up this latest shit needs to be fired. Batman should have sworn off the entire concept after Jason Todd died and the stories should have went back to just Bruce/Alfred dynamic, maybe with the occasional help of another hero who happened to find themselves with the same goal. Now it's all a bloated mess that will never be cleaned up.
>>
>>94419005
Until next reboot
>>
File: 1500159948038.jpg (29KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1500159948038.jpg
29KB, 357x312px
>>94421290
Character stagnation doesn't work. It becomes boring and repetitive. Look at Spiderman. All these years and hes still a fuck up manchild. Then look at Renew Your Vows. It actually makes him interesting because of the new character dynamics.

Reading the same thing for 20 years isn't fun.
>>
>>94419005
As long as fucking possible, it's a good change and I'm so fucking tired of status quo. I miss Dick as Batman.
>>
Until next summer.
DC has been anti-family since nu-52.
>>
>>94419666
>And in the end, the status quo will reign again, unfortunately.

Though possibly with some lasting change or character; Helena maybe?
>>
>>94419465
Not that anon, but I've read Brubaker's run but I'm still not a fan of Catwoman.
>>
>>94420966
King is garbage, news at 11. I can't wait for him to fuck off already.
>>
>>94419104
We all know how this ends
>>
>>94419005
She'll just defeat his cock that very same night
>>
>>94419005
Hopefully until they give birth to Helena.
>>
>>94419005
As long as the writers want it to.
>>
>>94419005
Until DC get's their own Quesada who hates Bruce being married
>>
File: 1484779250915.jpg (111KB, 564x868px) Image search: [Google]
1484779250915.jpg
111KB, 564x868px
>>94422330
>>
>>94422368
>Selina shutting Nruce down like that
This marriage needs to happen now.
>>
>>94422366
That would require DC to not have editors.
>>
>>94422401
Bruce*
>>
>>94419657
I feel like Damian will come around after he sees her playing with his cat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQAuR1TakUc
>>
>>94419046

They didn't learn when they axed Dickbats.
>>
>>94419657
Tim is irrelevant. Unlike Dick and Jason, he was never adopted by Bruce. Nor is he Bruce legitimate child like Damian.
>>
>>94420293

Is there really any reason to go "Back to basics" with Batman?
What would you even go back to?

Unlike Marvel, DC isn't afraid to write "This happened a while ago" stories that are still canon, but not in the current point of the timeline.
The "Batman needs to be a loner!" excuse doesn't fly anymore since he's had, in one form or another, a dozen damn children that are all a part of his life still. Not to mention Alfred. And Clark. And Diana. Plus you could always go back to the previous point of "Here is a story that happened in the past" if you want it.

The only real reason to ever split up a Bat/Cat marriage is if you want Bruce to fuck other women.
But how many love interests does he have that actually matter.?
And I don't mean throw aways and short term things. I mean substantial.

Selina.
Talia.

And that's it. You could be a contrarian and try to make a case of Julie Madison and Vicki Vale, but they haven't been relevant as love interests in years and most people don't even remember the former
You'd need to do the obnoxious Spider-Man thing and throw a bunch of hollow, expendable love interests at Bruce...Which is just boring.

Let the fucker get married and be happy like Superman is.
>>
>>94419184
Batman has a record of letting her continue with her criminal activities
>>
>>94422368
Earth-2 could have been great but look at we got.
>>
>>94422609
>Unlike Dick and Jason, he was never adopted by Bruce
I'm pretty sure that's backwards.
I know that Tim was adopted after Identity Crisis, and that there was a story that ended with Bruce awkwardly handing Dick the papers to sign and him telling Bruce that he didn't have to do that to show how much he cares.
Jason I don't know about at all here.
>>
>>94419005
Won't last long. She'll start complaining about Batman caring more about Gotham/justice than her, or she'll get bored of being a housewife, or someone will kidnap and torture her (Joker) and will get angry because Batman won't cross the line for her or anyone else. That'll be the final nail in the coffin for their relationship. She'll probably then leave Gotham for a year or two and when she comes back they'll flirt again from time to time but the relationship won't go anywhere.
>>
>>94422740
Post FP Tim was never adopted since his parents are both alive.
>>
File: notadopted.jpg (90KB, 500x145px) Image search: [Google]
notadopted.jpg
90KB, 500x145px
>>94422609
>>94422740
>>
>>94419005
>they marry
>she gets preggy
>infant baby dies by something a villain does
>Selina goes apeshit revenge mode >Bruce is pissed but still not in murdermode
>they divorce
>Selina finds villain who killed batbaby
>Selina kills Villain
>Sline is Villain
>Batman and Catwoman, enemies again
Something like this
Something like the whole Lian Harper thing again
>>
>>94422740
Current Tim's parents are still alive you fucking monster. Are you telling Tim to abandon his current family and live with sugardaddy Bruce!?
>>
>>94422769
>or she'll get bored of being a housewife,

Why would Selina ever be a housewife?
Do you think Bruce would even expect her to be a housewife and not a partner?
What work would there even be for her to do while Alfred exists?

The other stuff you said is still valid, though.
>>
File: 1496452563041.jpg (34KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496452563041.jpg
34KB, 500x392px
>>94419551
Not preferring a cat girl wife?
WHAT ARE YOU, GAY?
>>
I mean DC wants to create more lasting relationships now, look at Clark's family, he has it all but if you told me 10 years ago Clark would have had a real son and he would stick around I wouldn't believed you.
>>
>>94419005
Like with Morrison's run, he's going to put his toys back where he found them when he leaves, or at least set up a situation where DC or the next writer can decide to continue it or end it.

>>94419160
King doesn't subscribe to the "hurr durr joker n batman r gay" garbage.
>>
>>94420966
I don't think it was a last minute ditch to pin it on Holly. Or I at least don't think Batman is out of character for being totally sure that Selina was innocent. He trusts her, but more to the point, he trusts his own judgement more than anything. If he had to accept that she could've been a murderer under his nose this whole time, he would've also had to accept that maybe his judgement isn't as great as he thinks. This was also played up with his dogmatic refusal to believe the League of Shadows actually existed until it was too late, although King didn't write that one.

I mean, if the issue isn't that things have changed in this iteration from Year One, then I don't no know what to tell you except pretty much everybody's Year One is different post Rebirth. Don't see why you'd hold that over King more than any other writer.
>>
>>94422922
>ywn be cockteased by a black cat version of selina with silky, glossy fur

why even live
>>
>>94422888
Well, I only mean that she'll get bored of being someone's wife (and mother).

I don't see her cooking and cleaning or saying at the manor all the time. Guess I used the term housewife wrong.

Anyway, she strikes me as the type of person who gets infatuated with something quickly, feels strongly for awhile, rushes in without thinking, comes to resent it, and then wants out.
>>
>>94419315
They haven't done any Constantine/Zee shit since Hellblazers Rebirth, right? I haven't read that yet, but I assumed Zee's first appearance post Rebirth was Detective Comics.
>>
>>94422974
I really like Selina and I think that's definitely the kind of person she is. Utterly horrified by the prospect of commitment and unable to handle doing one singular thing forever.
>>
>>94422214
/co/ really liked Genevieve Valentine's CW run.
>>
>>94419657
>who cares what Barbara thinks
This guy gets it. She needs to just be written out of the Batfamily all together. Maybe I would like her more if she was just solo and Batfags could just get a Batgirl we like.
>>
>>94423001
Yeah, that's what I like about her too. In fact what I find interesting about her relationship with Bruce is that it's passionate and real, but is destined to fail in the long run because they see the world too differently.
>>
>>94423008
Oh, yeah. I liked her there. Wish she would've stayed a crime boss.
>>
>>94422974
>>94423001
I think it could go two ways:
1. We get a Bat/Cat serial ala that n52 dream crossover where they fought crime together, obviously toned down from being so damn sugary

2. A decent writer makes the marriage non-traditional, having them be together and depend on each other for support without living together, just being sort of "officially" tied to each other.

I don't ever see either of them "settling down" together. It's not like it's a punishment since all through her character's existence the only guy she's ever wanted to keep was Bruce. Even when she was banging other dudes in her own series, she always goes back to Bruce. One of the guys she cucks even says there's no way any guy can compete with Batman.
>>
>>94423083
Do they?
Because in the run so far the concept that keeps returning over and over again in the text has been that they're both insane in the same way.
>>
>>94419005
Kind of hope it becomes a permanent thing
>>
File: 1500332409478.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1500332409478.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>94421162
>>
>>94422769
>>94422888
I don't think you guys get King's catwoman. The reason Batman gives Holly for wanting Selina is that she loves him, even knowing everything about him, which is the point of this current arc. You're describing a Selina who doesn't understand Bruce or his limits. Death of the Family is still canon, and she was tortured by Joker because of her relationship with Batman. If she didn't leave then, she won't leave the next time they fight Joker or anything else in that vein.
>>
Yeah, it would be weird if she said no now. Rebirth's whole deal is supposed to be about love and hope beating misery and cynicism. If the culmination of Rebirth is the Doomsday clock thing, it would be contradictory for them to sour the Cat/Bat thing.

Also, King has straight up said that Bruce's has had enough tragedy in his life for a thousand people. He might be baiting us, but if he's not then it just seems likely that this is gonna go through.
>>
>>94423417
>>94422931
>>
>>94423247
Only if it's like a secret marriage or something like that,
Selina living with Bruce would be impossible, they wouldn't work as a crime-fighting duo, they can't be a criminal duo, they wouldn't work trying to domesticate each other, the only way it can work is if they each lead their own lives but occasionally secret away to spend a night together as if they were normal for just one night, or one day, or maybe a weekend where it's just the two of them and they can forget who they are together.
Like little honeymoons shared every so often.

They DEFINITELY can't tell the friends and "family" and go on like it's a normal thing for them to be together.
That would just shine a big bat-signal on how insane the entire idea is.
>>
>>94423500
I can see it being an open marriage with all members of the batfamily, the league, etc. being there and them living together, but not being a duo.
>>
I like Selina and Bruce and realistically Bruce doesn't have any other pairing. Talia got ruined forever due to rape, Silver St Cloud hasn't been used in forever and will probably be a villain because of Gotham synergy, Zatanna is getting pushed to be with Constantine, Katherine is kill, Ivy/Harley is a pipe dream, WW will never ever fucking happen same with JokerBatman

>>94423451
Yep, look at Diana and Steve, they look like they're here to stay.
>>
>>94423522

I don't think you know what an open marriage means.
Or you're a really kinky mother fucker.

I can't tell.
>>
File: 1497200400828.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497200400828.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
>>94423571
You don't know that anon. Batman will do what needs to be done. For the betterment of Gotham.
>>
>>94423572
I meant a public marriage, not an open relationship
>>
>>94423571
St Cloud pretty much got a sendoff in the Elmer Fudd crossover.
>>
>>94423572
>>94423601
It would have to be an open marriage though, a teenager least as far as having sex casually. Bruce and Selina sleep with people all the time for utilitarian purposes. They can't give up a tool that valuable.
>>
>>94423741
>*at least as far as casual sex goes
>>
File: batman_100_post.jpg (47KB, 628x441px) Image search: [Google]
batman_100_post.jpg
47KB, 628x441px
As other people have said, if Bruce is going to have a relationship--if he's going to get married--then he's going to have to get married to Selina. She's got the most history with him, she's got the strongest legacy. If Bruce is going to settle down and hang up the cape and cowl, he's going to do it with her.

But, that's the thing: DOES Bruce settle down? CAN he? That's the thing that makes me uncertain. I wonder if Bruce's mission isn't neverending, insofar as he finds a way to keep going. Consider Batman Beyond. The DCAU Batman seems to be considered by so many the definitive interpretation of the character. What does he do? He only quits when he has no other choice. When he's too old and weak to be Batman any more. And when Terry shows up he jumps right back into the fray in the limited way he can.

I wonder if Bruce just flat out can't quit. I wonder if that isn't the truest interpretation of his character, going now on almost 80 years. I wonder if he won't get married, have a child, have several children, and then one night Selina won't wake up in Wayne Manor and he won't be there, because he's out being a terror of the darkness in the filthy streets and alleys of Gotham. I wonder if he just can't stop. I wonder if there isn't something in him that transcends a man, and that's why, between him and Superman, it's the alien from another world that's the more human of the two.

Consider THIS, from Batman 100. Who is this? "You'll never know." But we know, don't we? We know this is Bruce, somehow. How? It doesn't matter. But he's still Batman. He'll be Batman until the end of time.
>>
>>94423790
Bruce and Selina both can't stop doing what they do I think. I don't expect either of them to hang up their cowls
>>
>>94423741

The last time Batman did that was almost 10 years ago with Jezebel Jet, and I honestly can't recall another time he did. Same with Catwoman, she only sleeps with people because she wants to sleep with them, not for "utilitarian purposes".
>>
>>94423689
I mean I like St cloud, she even got that whole "She's Bruce's true love until she got shanked by that Green Arrow villain and was never mentioned again"but besides being a rich heiress with a pretty face she doesn't have that much going on for her.
>>
>>94419005
just till he ask her to wear robin´s uniform.
>>
>>94423790
>I wonder if he won't get married, have a child, have several children
>have a child

Anon...I...But Damian though.

You also act like Selina would ever expect him to hang up his cowl. Hell, if marrying her was all it took to get him to quit, she'd probably lose respect for him instantly and leave because she broke him.
If they get married, Bruce isn't going to hang up the cowl. Selina isn't going to hang up the...Goggles.
Earth 2 had them married and in a stable relationship with a daughter, and they both still maintained their costumed identities throughout all of it. I don't see why that's such an impossibility here.

Also please just accept that DCAU Batgod isn't DC comics Batman.
>>
>>94423790
I don't think the choice is "get married" or "be Batman forever". He can do both, they aren't mutually exclusive. He'll never NOT have a motivation to be Batman. He loves Gotham (his parents) too much. And Selina wouldnt ask him to stop, because it's not in HER character to stop.

It's not like we've never seen a Bruce/Selina's marriage though. We wouldn't have Helena Wayne without it.
>>
>>94423790
>She's got the most history with him, she's got the strongest legacy. If Bruce is going to settle down and hang up the cape and cowl, he's going to do it with her.
You mean the joker, right?
>>
>>94423869
>>94423879
I can tell neither of you have ever been obsessed over something, in the way Bruce seems to be over his mission.
>>
>>94423888

Joker, get off the internet.
Batman doesn't want you. Get over it.
>>
File: 1501083977668.png (601KB, 555x896px) Image search: [Google]
1501083977668.png
601KB, 555x896px
>>94423898
t. catwoman
>>
>>94423897
>I can tell neither of you have ever been obsessed over something, in the way Bruce seems to be over his mission.

...Have YOU ever been obsessed over something the way Batman is?
The entire point of this arc is that Bruce is finally listening to the voices of everyone around him and doing something for himself for a change.
DC writers have been collectively trying to mellow Batman out for years now.
>>
>>94423934
>>94423934
>...Have YOU ever been obsessed over something the way Batman is?

I have, actually. And I tell you it doesn't work. Nobody mellows out from an obsession like Bruce has. You follow that obsession until it makes you something superhuman.
>>
>>94423972

Pfttahaha holy shit. You sound like a tool.
>>
>>94423897
Again, we've already gotten a Bruce/Selina pairing. It's no time like this is just beyond the pail.

And also again, Selina gets what Batman sees in Gotham. You're assuming she doesn't care about Gotham, but while Batman is busy defending the families of Gotham, Catwoman protects the prostitutes and other side-characters in Gotham's underworld. Why would she all of a sudden make him choose between her and Gotham? They'd not have choose Gotham.

Actually, I could see there being a story where Selina confesses that she knows if Bruce had to choose between her and Gotham, he'd pick Gotham even though she'd pick him. She loves him because that's the man she fell in love with. Which again, is the point of this whole thing. She GETS him. Pic related.
>>
>>94424011
You shouldn't mock him. He probably has a katana and trenchcoat.
>>
>>94424078
>*it's not like it's just beyond the pail
I finally turned off fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>94424169
It was supposed to say *"They'd both choose Gotham". I'm phone posting, so i'm just getting what i deserve.
>>
>>94424078
I think Holly's face says it all
>>
>>94424445
That's the "I'm gonna wait until he shuts up then stab the fuck out of this guy" face.
>>
>>94419005
About as long as anything Batman is associated with until it gets beaten to death with a crowbar by the Joker. Or shot in the spine... Anyway, not very long.
>>
>>94424522
Pretty short list tho
>>
>>94419332
The worst part is we will never see thomas wayne go on an adventure with zatara.
>>
File: wonder bat.jpg (128KB, 1021x574px) Image search: [Google]
wonder bat.jpg
128KB, 1021x574px
Face it, this is the future
>>
>>94425294
Don't cross the streams
>>
>>94419104
Goddamn that second one sounds pretty good actually
>>
I don’t see Bruce and Selina working out without altering one of the two to the point that one of their signature characteristics are erased for the sake of the relationship. It also seems very cliche and hypocritical of Bruce to date a female villain.
>>
>>94425294
>Trinity shipping

Oh...Oh god I think I'm going to be sick.
Jesus Christ Anon! What would your mother say if she knew you were posting such disgusting shit on the internet?
>>
>>94419104
This would be nice to see. Daughterus are the best.
>>
>>94422330

>this art

fucking disgusting.
>>
I bet she'll say no.
>>
>>94425623
Clark & Bruce don't deserve each other's love?
>>
>>94419005
until bruce dies

plot twist, we were on the real earth 2 this whole time
>>
>>94423790

Even if Bruce was content to pass away of old age, there are plenty of people who would intercede.

The old man is getting dunked in a pitt no matter what setting, same as Clark drops him in one in DK3. I imagine that's basically what has happened with Batman Year 100, it's Bruce after his family is gone, and he's on his second or third dip.

I was always annoyed how Beyond never had Dick show up, or really played much with the extended cast beyond Barbara and a few villains. Sure, Tim turns up in the movie, but that was a plot device as much as a cameo.
>>
File: 1495305610494.gif (497KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1495305610494.gif
497KB, 500x333px
>>94425294

This

>>94425299
>>94425623

It's true though, you can see them building up to it with the DCEU already, and (especially with WW's success) the comics always ape the movies because of the difference in scale between audiences. And between the DCAU and the DCEU, WonderBats will become truly cemented in the eyes of popular culture. Wonder Woman having a thing for Batman in the old Justice League cartoon s already one of the things a lot of none-comic readers recall from their youths.

Which came first, by the way? JLU, or their brief 'thing' in JLA back when Rayner was GL?
>>
File: 1499972560807.jpg (371KB, 1740x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1499972560807.jpg
371KB, 1740x1185px
>>94425299
>>94425623

Also, your salty tears, they nourish me. Here, have this promotional hpoto.
>>
>>94419104
>Joker anniversary kills her or makes her the new Oracle
Okay. I believe this. People want Babs as Oracle again because there is absolutely nothing good about her ongoing. On the other hand having Catwoman as the new shadow dealer does sound interesting and fills a role.
>>
File: 1500158599807.jpg (119KB, 881x239px) Image search: [Google]
1500158599807.jpg
119KB, 881x239px
>>94425623
>>
>>94419022
She already said yes. They're literally in bed together talking about the current arc in the form of a flashback
>>
Why is Batman marrying a criminal?
>>
>>94429760
Batman loves criminals. Why do you think he protects Joker all the time?
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>mfw Batman is rejected
>>
File: 1496846192473.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496846192473.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>>94429838
I got a few theories on that, young man.
>>
>>94429760
He's already in a committed relationship to crime. It's just unhealthy and abusive.
>>
>>94419551
>>94422922
Selina becomes the new cheetara and completely transforms the relationship between the DC trinity.
some hack writer might actually risk that.
>>
File: 1467131925391.gif (391KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467131925391.gif
391KB, 500x500px
A Batgirl falls in love with Batman.

Unable to confess, she is gifted by a deus ex machina with the millionaire orphan's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, she immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on her as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's confessions to Bruce Wayne, he only looks at her with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the man she called is not the same vigilante she fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the alternate universe counterpart of her crush, who has fallen in love with her AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as they strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip each other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of BATSEX.
>>
>>94419005
I'm expecting this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdPvUriVBEg&ab_channel=Super
>>
>>94419046
If Superman is allowed to grow older and have a family, why not Batman?

All those "successors in training" should be good for something.
>>
>>94419104
>Joker oracle's Catwoman
>Batman still saves him from death
>>
>>94430129
Superman's situation is different than Batman's.

I don't mind Batman getting married, but a lot of people would not accept the marriage to last for long.
>>
>>94427010
>Batman and Wowo getting it on
>Superman sits and watches
>>
>>94427010
kek superman looks like wojak
>>
>>94430254
If I had my way, all three members of the trinity would be married and have kids with their respective human love interests.
>>
>>94425278
Or Superman. Who debuted in the same issue.
>no team up of the early Action Comics characters before it became Superman only
>>
>>94420640
>>94420697
Why would billionaire Bruce Wayne invite the random reporter Clark Kent to his wedding?
>>
>>94422162
I hope. But for it to last, has to be really, really good and acknowledged by following writers.
>>
>>94429909
Your solution isn't viable Jim. We've worked the numbers and there just isn't enough lube for all the criminals in Gotham.
>>
>>94422368
>Helena has to be a Robin.

Gonna be a Wayne family thing isn't it?

Youngest always gets the hand me downs.

Though it would be adorable.

She's born. Damian closes himself off. Because he's designing her suit. Bruce joins in making some adjustments. Then Selena comes in and offers her advice.

I wouldn't mind Bat Family at all.
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (74KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
74KB, 900x900px
>>94425294
>>94427005
>wonderbat fags so delusional that they cant even see the ship fails in the universe where it originated
>>
>>94431134
Helana sucks.
>>
>>94429720
– Kill Yourself.
>>
>>94420019
Please they'd never be so stupid. It'll be Alfred he brings back
>>
>>94430047
Already a thing
>>
>>94427010
New DChads image when?
>>
>>94427010
>AFFLECKED.COM
>>
>>94430704

Who gives a fuck? You think anyone is seriously going to be asking that? They'd be focused on the billion-dollar wedding, not its less-famous guests.
>>
>>94421175
>It's kinda predictable when you stop to think about it.
The Joker sends a very complex message that comes out being just a congratulation note, because crashing the wedding would be TOO predictable and therefore completely unfunny.
>>
>>94422292
Selina as the new Oracle would be interesting.
>>
>>94433304

Well IIRC Flashpoint Selina was completely paralyzed. She could only move her fingers on one hand I think.
>>
>>94431411
>Alfred gets shot by Deadshot
>literally God tells him to accept Alfred's death
>Batman says fuck you and makes a deal with Darkseid to bring him back
>Batman goes to Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. and none of them have the tech or magic to fix bullet wounds
>even somehow asks Brainaic to help him who tells him to fuck off
>>
>>94433348
yeah, but it doesn't have to be that way in main continuity.

Ideally, Selina would get pregnant and, not being Jessica Drew, she'd stop adventuring(mostly).
Not used to not adventuring, she'd start to use her intellect, contacts and detective and planning skills(previously used for heists) to help the Bat-Family from the base as the (new?) Oracle.
She'd keep said position until at least the first few years of life of her child.

Bonus points for a scene with Selina telling Bruce that keeping her pregnant to keep her out of action is NOT going to be a viable course of action.

>>94433482
>>literally God tells him to accept Alfred's death
DC God is mostly a dick, though, except when he's Wally the God-Boy
>>
>>94425294
The only good thing that came out of this easy the brief joke where Batman tries to use rhe standard "we can't be together because of my enemies" excuse, and Wonder Woman just responded by silently crushing a large piece of stone in her palm.
>>
>>94425294
Disgusting.
>>
>>94433482
Actually, wait. He'd be making a deal with Thawne, the time traveler, who agrees just because breaking up Bruce's marriage might possibly inconvenience Barry and make one of Barry's friends slightly more miserable (something this petty is totally in character for him). And it'd result in yet another cosmic rewriting.
>>
>>94420269
>>94420293
Why can't writers just take something that should be happy and keep it that way? Why do they have to always be edgy and make it tragic?
>>
>>94430254
>but a lot of people would not accept the marriage to last for long.

And a lot of people would.
>>
>>94419005
The absolute second Batman books get a dip in sales she'll be killed by the Joker. Screencap this
>>
>>94423790
Bruce getting married isn't new though. Earth 2 Batman married Selena and had a daughter with her who became huntress and there was an arc where Bruce settled down with Talia. Bruce getting married isn't too new and we've seen that he has no problems adding allies to his mission, whether they be friend, adopted, or biologically related
>>
>>94431210
Justice League was made after batman beyond so there's nothing to say they didn't shack up
>>
>>94431134
Robin is the mantle that the apprentice assumes until they're ready to strike out on their own. Its not a hand me down and is more of a right of passage
>>
>>94427005
>DCAU
This is your only argument? Fucking faggot.
>>
>>94419005
It will get forgotten when a new writer takes over the next batman story. Just like every western comic.
>>
>>94431210
It didnt fail. It got fucked up because of WW rights and SMWW fucking up everythinh.
>>
>>94422955
>I mean, if the issue isn't that things have changed in this iteration from Year One, then I don't no know what to tell you except pretty much everybody's Year One is different post Rebirth. Don't see why you'd hold that over King more than any other writer.
First of all, I wasn't referring to just her appearance in Year One, where she did stab Bruce in self-defense, a parallel King deliberately invokes, but all her other appearanes have her as a decidedly non-violent person, or at least the last person who'd undertake a rip-roaring rampage of revenge, let alone survive it.

King referenced Year One and the scene with Holly in particular in his Rooftops anyway, so the comparison is valid.
>>
>>94420071
>>94419858
I hope Tim/Kon/Bart/Cassie come back as if nothing ever happened and just are fun characters like PAD/Dixon/Kesel was writing them again
pretend the past two decades never happened
>>
>>94419005
Isn't her superpower literally adultery?
>>
>>94419104
>Joker tried to do that
>Selina fucking murders him instead
>Bruce dumps her
>>
>>94427851
Catwoman stops stealing petty objects because she's found something new to steal, information.

While Bats beats up mobsters & crooks, Selena is dealing with their victims & girls they often have around. She hooks them up with new people, in return they feed her information.

Then she steals them blind & redistributes the money towards better stuff. Like half way homes for ex-prostitutes, animal shelters, legit businesses.

She could even rename herself Shadow Catwoman. She helps Bruce by doing what she does best, helping the weak & stealing from the powerful.

Bats & Cats have two seperate schedules. They always come home though and they spend the mornings together. Before going to sleep, together.

Every so often they have date night where they go beating up criminals together. Followed by romantic dinner & cuddles. Before more ass kicking.

Lois, Supes, Selena, & Bruce could have double dates. Which could also act as a plate date for Damien & Jon. Where together they go beat up criminals together.

When Helena is born, Damien is gonna be the bratty big brother. Then come around to being more the father figure than Bruce. Damien will teach her all the things he learned, when Bruce decides to step down as Batman. Damien will be Bats & Helena will be his Robin.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.