[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barry coming back was one of the biggest insults DC has ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Barry coming back was one of the biggest insults DC has ever committed.
Barry dying and STAYING dead made it the most most iconic death in comic book history. His death meant something and showed that death in comic books actually meant something and that writers were willing to move forward. Not only did Barry coming back hurt The Flash comics it hurt DC's reputation as a whole.
>>
They thought what they did with GL would work with Flash. And in truth, Flash comics were floundering at that point, but I agree that bringing Barry back wasn't the right call.
>>
DC's reputation was hurt when they brought Superman back from the dead
>>
>>94418170
how long's he been back for?
>>
>>94419944
Thanks max
>>
>>94421299
About 8 years.
>>
>>94421299
He came back in Final Crisis, so nearly a decade
>>
>>94419944

The Death of Superman was a bad idea in general.
>>
File: fastestmanalive.png (482KB, 441x445px) Image search: [Google]
fastestmanalive.png
482KB, 441x445px
>Built up his own legacy as the Flash and lives a good life
>Gets pushed to the side because "I WORK FOR DC, NOW I CAN WRITE MUH FANFICTION"

Hiring fanboys and not writers was a mistake.
>>
>>94418170
>Barry dying and STAYING dead made it the most most iconic death in comic book history
Really? Not Jor-el?
Or Uncle Ben?
Or the Waynes?
Or captain Mar-vel?
Barry. That's who you're going with?
>>
>>94422283
Kek, I miss Wally.
>>
>>94422928
Barry was the one example where a hero actually looked like he would stay dead.
>>
>>94422928
>Really? Not Jor-el?
>Or Uncle Ben?
>Or the Waynes?
I wouldn't say Barry's death was the most iconic, but I'd argue its the greatest death in comics history. Yes, better than Gwen Stacy's, Jason Todd's, because he saved the whole multiverse. He went out in a bang. The death also helped Wally grow as a hero as well. So in essence it had the effect of a great hero finish, but also a character building one like the Wayne's and Uncle Ben's deaths were for Bats and Spidey.

>Or captain Mar-vel?
Anon, please.
>>
>>94423128
I'm not entirely sure that's true. Like what about the Green Lantern that gave Hal his ring?
Also, It certainly can't be the most iconic. The short lived deaths of both Captain America and Superman were in the newspaper.
>>
>>94423200
I agree that Barry;s death was awesome and powerful and important.
I just don't think calling it the most conic is fair. The first time I read the death of Superman, I was in third grade. it was one of the first comics I ever read. That is probably coloring my perception a bit.
I think as far as the most important death I'd have to give that to the Waynes. It's such an iconic scene, that it translates powerfully to any medium that's not directed by Snyder.
>>
>>94422928
All of those deaths besides Mar-vell are backstory deaths. They aren't characters you grew to love over the course of the series. They're part of a brief origin and used as motivation.

Barry Allen was a significant character. His death wasn't an establishing shot, it was a monumental change in comics. It was literally symbolic of the death of the Silver Age. You might be able to say Mar-Vell's death was more interesting or better written, but it certainly wasn't as symbolic of meaningful.
>>
No, it was long term planning and a masterstroke by the cereal lord himself to write DC Rebirth.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.