[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hollywood blames Rotten Tomatoes for their shitty films failing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 492
Thread images: 57

https://qz.com/1045982/rotten-tomatoes-is-hated-by-movie-studios-and-with-the-emoji-movie-they-may-have-found-a-way-around-it/

>Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers installments, and The Mummy all tanked at the US box office—forcing their respective studios to rethink some of their franchise potential. The summer box office is down 8% from last year, as of last weekend.

>Studios seemed to be getting the memo that bad movies weren’t going to fly with US audiences any more.

>Only they weren’t. They blamed Rotten Tomatoes for making it painfully obvious how disappointing their movies were.

tl;dr, Sony kept reviews for the shitty emoji movie from hitting until hours before the movie came out. They did so to swipe cash from moviegoers before they learned that the movie was shit. And they are eager to continue doing this.

>“The Emoji Movie was review-proof because what parent would tell their kids that they can’t go to a movie because of a low aggregate score,”

They also want to do Fruit Ninja next.
>>
>>94412344
>tl;dr, Sony kept reviews for the shitty emoji movie from hitting until hours before the movie came out
wait, how is this a new concept? videogames have been pulling that crap since forever
desu any movie that does that should be blacklisted by critics with a score of 0
>>
>>94412344
What's to stop someone from simply publishing their review?
>>
>>94412421
This. Ban reviews? You're a 0. You don't get a fucking default pass. Your movie is a god damned piss soaked banana peel until proven otherwise.
>>
>>94412438
lawsuites
>>
>>94412421

Yeah but now it's an industry they can't just call the consumers gross sexist nerds and get away with it.

It's too bad gamer groups won't capitalize and give a giant "I TOLD YOU SO WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN" to the movie audiences
>>
>>94412438
They'll no longer be invited to early screenings
>>
>>94412421
I think what pisses me off about this isn't that they did it, because as you said it isn't a new concept.

It's that they seem so damn proud of themselves that they did it.

>Shit all of our terrible films are failing.
>Should we make better more original films sir?
>Fuck that, make sure reviews don't come out until right before the film is out. We'll bleed the audience dry before they know they've been had.

I mean it did succeed in the short term with that $25 mil opening, but that's such short sighted planning. It just means moviegoers will be less and less inclined to even bother seeing films from your studio. Critics will become skeptic of films from your studio and suggest people save their money want wait until reviews are out, fans of whatever franchise you reboot will immediately assume it's bad, etc etc.

Emoji movie's box office dropoff this weekend is going to be massive. I'm thinking like 70%. And the Dark Tower is going to do just as bad.
>>
>>94412499
This will backfire hard, every time studios don't screen for critics the critics screech and warn everyone it's going to be trash. And it usually is. These guys see themselves as artists, you can't threaten to take things away like with videogame blogs.
>>
File: IMG_2466.jpg (58KB, 579x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2466.jpg
58KB, 579x589px
>>94412344
What's, if any, the film equivalent of IGN? Basically, giving bad things good reviews because they were paid to, and giving good things bad reviews because it draws attention?
>>
>>94412499
How long will that sustain? It'll be less than a year before early screening reviews get thrown out as untrustworthy advertisement.
>>
>>94412635
Armond White

If you defend that overly pretentious attention seeker then you need to leave.
>>
>>94412344
I will only agree with this in the case of King Arthur. That was actually a really decent action flick that I want to see again. Transformers and The Emoji Movie deserve their reviews, and I haven't seen The Mummy or Pirates 5.
>>
>>94412635
Armond White.
>>
>>94412344
The new pirates was bad? I liked it, it was what you'd want from a PotC movie.
>>
>>94412635
so your entire experience with IGN is the one God Hand review, and some anecdotal times when you got mad that a game you wanted to fail got a good score and was popular?

Grow up. IGN is no better or worse than any other review site out there, they give games that people are hyped up for generally good reviews because they're also a bunch of fucking nerds who eat their own hype.
>>
>>94412635
See Yelp, their entire business is blackmailing businesses with bad reviews if they don't pay them.
>>
>>94412718
>King Arthur
>giant monster finish
Yeah, no. I prefer the bastardization from Japan at least I get hard from it.
>>
>>94412732

Shoo, you little shill
>>
>>94412612
>And the Dark Tower is going to do just as bad.

Is it that bad?
>>
>>94412786
It takes a fat shit on the books, and the parts they leave in are just confusing. Except for Matthew McConaughey.
>>
>>94412344
That's why I tell my kids that a movie without a liable review, it's a NO.
>>
File: big guy.png (299KB, 567x462px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
299KB, 567x462px
CRASHING THIS STUDIO
>>
>>94412344
>bad movies weren’t going to fly with US audiences any more.
So they make their bad movies for China fucks who don't know the difference.
>>
>>94412344
It took 23 years, but people have finally started to listen to Jay Sherman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
>>
>>94412635
Funny that we're talking about Sony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Manning_(fictitious_writer)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2004/jan/30/news2
>>
>>94412612
you are talking about sony, you become a sony executive the same way you become a high ranked citizen in north korea not by being an example but by killing everyone who is
sure they fucked themselves over further in the long run mostly because this shit was planned as a franchise but the executive who greenlit it will keep her job and get a fat bonus
for every sony executive who gets a bonus 1000 people lose their jobs
>>
>>94412344
I wonder what's going to happen to Rotten Tomatoes to make them lose favor with the public. It's bound to happen soon or later, right?
>>
Profesional reviews is inherently corrupt
There's no way to fix that
>>
>>94412880
Time to raise the taxes on films being made for export, tariff the shit out of Hollywood
>>
>>94412641
But they'll still do it, that's the thing.

Media companies these days are getting more and more brazen with how much they want to fuck the consumer over and lie to them about the quality of any given product. As mentioned earlier in the thread, video games were the first to fall prey to this idea (the conspiracy-minded out there might consider video game review sites a "test run" of how well this concept works), and now movies are going to start doing this as well.

It's not going to stop until people actually take a stand and say "No, we're not going to let you assholes do this anymore", which will not happen because most people will either get shut down by playing off social embarrassment ("Out of all the horrible things that are happening in the world, you're deciding to take a stand against Hollywood? I mean, really?"), or they'll try and brand any efforts as GamerGate 2.0, which will cause them to try and play the sympathy card with more socially-minded crowds ("First video games, now movies! Can't these manbaby misogynists on the internet do anything else with their time?").
>>
>>94412828
How far into the story did it try to get?
>>
>>94412914
Go home, Sony.
>>
>>94412828
man hollywood is filled with nothing but garbage, the consequence of decades of rewarding bad decitions
it got so bad that they would rather try to sell their shit to china than try to recapture everyones low expectations because that would take actual competence
>>
>>94412904
Why would it? What's RT doing to make the public dislike them? Telling them when shit movies are shit?

>>94412914
I really don't see how.
>>
>>94412925
SJWs don't buy games or see movies, I'm going to find the wasteland they create hilarious if that happens.
>>
>>94412344
but how can I praise based Disney and based Marvel if critics don't tell me how amazing their movies are?
>>
>>94412344
Is it really a bad movie though?
HAven seen it, but i'm pretty sure kids these days fucking love emojis.
Outside of it being a movie about cellphones, candy crush and stuff we consider millenial shit, it can't be that terrible, i really liked hotel transylvania.
>>
>>94412635
Thing is that there really isn't an equivalent. There are individual shills and contrarians like Armond White of course, but hollywood has always been at odds with critics. Especially in an age where one can just google a movie to see if it is worth seeing. However, political bias is still a major issue in films, especially today.

Video Games sadly got into the pockets of publishers quickly due to the critic's need to make a living. It's easier to silence a game critic than a film one, because all you have to do is cut their cash flow and their voice goes silent quickly. Film critics can move past that.

>>94412881
I feel the 2016 Ghostbusters opened a lot of eyes.

>>94412904
Thing is that Rotten Tomatoes is not just a handful of reviewers, but a bunch of them compiled into the site. The only way they could really be fucked over is if they start shilling IGN style.

The biggest weakpoint with Rotten Tomatoes is political agendas and bias. When politics are not involved RT is decently accurate, but when it is, things get hazy.

>>94412786
Yes. It completely bastardizes the source material.
>>
>>94412344
What's her endgame?
>>
>>94412344
I mean, King Arthur wasn't Guy Ritchie's best film by a longshot, but I thought it was still enjoyable.
>>
>>94413008
You ever seen Food Fight?
Imagine that, but apps, but worse
>>
>>94413040
oh no, havent seen that one, gonna torrent it right away
>>
I wonder if the various film critics associations can do anything about the review embargoes.
>>
File: it's bad 'cuz they say so.png (201KB, 573x335px) Image search: [Google]
it's bad 'cuz they say so.png
201KB, 573x335px
>>94413008
um... yeah?
>>
Fuck does this have to do with /co/? Fuck off back to /tv/
>>
>>94413144
Who are the shills that let it get up to 6%?
>>
>>94413156
A few "My eyes didn't fall out of my skull, 2/10", maybe?
>>
File: 1493851871321.png (1MB, 600x1492px) Image search: [Google]
1493851871321.png
1MB, 600x1492px
>94413144
How about you also put the general consensus, or IMBD, or the loads of pieces from everything else, you shitposting piece of shit?

And no (you)s for you, you're not even worth it.
>>
>>94412989
>SJWs don't buy games or see movies

Ghostbusters 2016 did confirm that.

Sure the controversy did help its initial opening, but it quickly fell flat. No matter what people said, you can't sell a franchise installment by alienating the fanbase.

Sony seems eager to try to do the 'There is no such thing as bad publicity' stunt again with emoji movie, even bragging about the early 'success', but at this point it seems clear that this is going to kill their Animation studio.

Which sucks, because they were doing so well for a while there.

>>94413100
All critics have to do is say the embargo is happening. So long as they make that very clear, it shows the studio is trying to hide something about the film and people can come to their own conclusions.
>>
>>94412344

http://deadline.com/2017/06/the-mummy-tom-cruise-box-office-bomb-loss-1202114482/

>They didn't just slap a sticker onto The Mummy (1999) and say it's canon
>They went with Tom Cruise ft. a mummy
>The new one will forever be known as a lackluster effort
>>
File: 1500611407857.jpg (97KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
1500611407857.jpg
97KB, 1024x730px
So this is how hollywood dies. Not with a bang, but a pathetic whimper. One of America's greatest cultural legacies, gone. What a shame.
>>
>>94412344
>Fruit Ninja
Please...please...please! NO!
>>
This is /co/ not /tv/ not /pol/. You faggots are the cancer killing this board.
>>
>>94412989

No, he means they'll use SJWs to play the sympathy card. Like what EA did when they got "Worst Company of the Year" two times in a row, their response was to throw in their support for Gay Rights.
>>
>>94413391
>This is /co/ not /tv/ not /pol/
That's exactly what he said though.
>>
>>94413313
We don't have to let it die, you know.

It may be an uphill battle, but we can fight back. I mean, assuming you believe the films industry is worth fighting for at all.
>>
>>94413404
I can't help being retarded.
>>
>>94413094
>>94413040

Truth be told, this is Foodfight if the hard drive theft didn't happen, which means the animation is decent to look at.
>>
>>94413313
I say let it happen. Let it be an example that just like Rome, even the biggest eventually face their fall. The longer we try to keep it standing, the more we'll have to wait for our chance to start over and create something new and better from it. And this goes for just about any other entertainment industry.
>>
>>94412344
>Fruit Ninja
Honestly Emoji Movie was already rock bottom. Fruit Ninja can only be a slight improvement. It'll still be complete shit though.
>>
>>94413030
>Dark Tower is shit
No, God, Please, say it ain't so. I've been waiting to see it for 15 years.
>>
File: sylvestersharesmylifestyle.gif (606KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
sylvestersharesmylifestyle.gif
606KB, 500x363px
>>94412893
Back in June I got a private tour of Sony and a meeting with multiple of their executives and the president of Columbia.

I only went to see Spiderman because of good boy points towards the possibility of getting Genndy Tartakovsky to review my pitch bible. But then Spiderman bombed so just fuck my shit up I suppose.
>>
>>94412344
I dont read reviews. I decide which movies are worth my time or not cuz i can make my own choices.
>>
>>94412344
>>“The Emoji Movie was review-proof because what parent would tell their kids that they can’t go to a movie because of a low aggregate score,”

Didn't exactly work. The family friendly Emoji movie came in 2nd to Dunkirk and its earning wasn't anything to write home about.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/atomic-blonde-dunkirk-emoji-movie-weekend-box-office-openings-1202138047/

>The Emoji Movie declined 14% between Friday and Saturday from $10M to $8.7M putting its opening for this $50M budgeted toon at $25.6M. Typically, animated titles see a spike on Saturday due to family matinees and it’s likely bad word of mouth off the pic’s B CinemaScore (very low for an animated title which typically earn As or A-, no matter how hokey they are) and 8% rotten reviews are impacting Emoji.
>>
>>94412499
what about anonymous critics?
>>
Nothing - literally NOTHING - about this thread is /co/ related.
>>
>>94413415
I say let it die. We've conflated "the film industry" into the be all end off of film itself. As if "film" will die without the "industry", not realizing that the industry half has long since gone cancerous. People want to tell stories, people want to see and hear stories. Fuck Holywood. Glass it for all it matters, something else will fill the void.
>>
>>94413496
Bad news anon.
>>
>>94413313
The industry as a whole is a shitshow. The method by which you become a writer basically boils down to "we don't have to let anyone into our secret club," which results in a stale talent pool that feels no need to compete. Studios are more than happy to rehash shit instead of experiment and push the boundaries of cinematography and storytelling. Short-term numbers make all the decisions over quality or logic.

Let it burn, anon. Let it burn...
>>
>>94413415

I very much believe it's worth saying, don't let my natural pessimism fool you. However this problem highlights how badly we need new blood and new ideas in the industry, but we're getting there, one problem at a time. We can't just endlessly do reboots of movie franchises and shit it out to the chinese, something's gotta change sooner or later.
>>
>>94413415
But so far those reviews have only hurt Hollywood. I mean Kubo got great reviews and people still preferred to watch whatever movie Pixar/Illumination shat out.
I say, let them tear themselves, those Hollywood hacks can't even play the racism card for good scores.
>>
File: papel.png (139KB, 244x357px) Image search: [Google]
papel.png
139KB, 244x357px
>>94412732
>>
Kids are way more savvy then studios think and have probably heard from a YouTuber or Discord chat by now that The Emoji Movie is shit.
>>
>>94413313
hollywood movies are still succesful
but not sony pictures
>>
>>94412344
Studios have been doing this for decades. Siskel and Ebert used to talk about how the lack of advance screenings was a sure tell that the film was a giant bomb.

A good ad campaign is going to catch a few people, particularly if they don't pre-screen the film. But bad word of mouth spreads even faster these days, so they can only fleece the first nighters. The bad film will still tank.
>>
>>94413156

Common Sense Media gave it three stars. I wasn't triggered until I found out those fuckers only gave Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends two stars.
>>
File: 1381763843437.jpg (134KB, 495x394px) Image search: [Google]
1381763843437.jpg
134KB, 495x394px
>mfw the Emoji Move and The Dark Tower are complete flops
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theemojimovie.htm

TEM's current earnings stateside. Nothing yet on international earnings.
>>
>>94412344
I feel a Mr Show sketch coming on.
https://youtu.be/EPBIDPIo92Q
>>
>>94412718
I like Arthur too, yeah like the other anon say F/SN is less of a bastardization of the myth than this movie but it was fun
>>
>>94413512
You say that like it'd hurt you to listen to other people's opinions.
>>
>>94412876
>no survivors
>Dr. Pavel technically survives
>>
>>94413637
Gonna play Devil's Advocate a bit and say cut CSM some slack. Their reviews may not always be spot on, but their focus is mostly rate things based on their approriateness for kids and families, and do their best to rate this separately from the actual quality of the product.

On the plus, it's one of the few websites that invite and encourage parents more than anything to write their own reviews and critically decide for themselves if their children are ok to consume something or not.
>>
>>94412876

>Bane is Warner Bros.
>CIA is Columbia Pictures
>>
>>94413373
That was almost half a decade ago tho wasn't it?
>>
>>94412344

>Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers installments, and The Mummy

Jesus Christ, how much shit can be made by the same person?
>>
>>94413037
crashing sony
>>
>>94412499
>>94413530
>what about anonymous critics?
I was wondering this too. What if someone, who say was invited to every movie's premier wrote a good review for all the movies they saw under their real name but, made real reviews under a pseudonym. They publish them at different times (say a few days apart)?
>>
>>94412880

China isn't playing along anymore either. Transformers 5 was mediocre over there despite being geared to there and being a sequel to shit that was actually in theaters over there.

The chinese audience increasingly doesn't have to settle and doesn't want to be pandered to.
>>
>>94413866
Those were made by WB, Disney, Paramount and Universal respectively.
>>
>>94413601
This is part of why there's been an effort to buy out popular Youtubers. They've become powerful opinion leaders.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
How about just stop making shitty movies?
>>
>>94413846

Yeah. These days EA sucks, but other companies like Ubisoft and Konami are now competing on who can be worse than EA.
>>
>>94414165

Yeah, there are very few youtubers who don't have a fat contract or partnership at the high levels. And regardless of anything else regarding Pewdiepie, not everyone is willing to just give a middle finger to all that money coming in.
>>
>>94414196
But that's the Hollywood formula.
>>
>>94412710
>>94412720
>Hating the King of /tv/
>>
>>94414196

Modern Hollywood has been trained by market research that movie goes want shitty movie.

Back then all it took for a movie to be THE BIGGEST THING of the summer is to have the best most awesome CGI on screen for the maximum amount of time because back then the main movie going audience, read teenagers and college students, loved that shit because they never saw anything like it before.

But the new generation of the main movie audience GREW UP on NOTHING but badass non-stop CGI pornfest as kids and are now going "ok but what else can you do?". And that's the thing, Hollywood can't do anything that's not retarded.

That's why they turn to TV shows because TV shows offer something that movies can't anymore, plot & fun characters. So now Hollywood is shitting their pants because they can't unlearn what worked for the past 10 years.
>>
>>94414318
/tv/ is the land of contrarian idiots, so of course Armond would be praised there.
>>
>>94412925
>GamerGate 2.0
that won't happen. not because companies won't try something like that, God no, but because normies don't respond to direct attacks like a bunch of socially maladjusted nerd do. for example; Ghostbusters 2016 and the 2016 Presidential Election
>>
>>94412344
Who on earth even pays to go to the movies anymore? You can either a. stream it online b. wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it for free from a local library or c. buy it on blu-ray if you give enough of a shit.
>>
>>94412914
No, they're inherently pointless when discussing subjective traits of a movie, and simply talking about their opinions. Let's talk about Mrs Brown's Boys. I don't care what you think of it, what any of us think of it isn't the point I'm making. All I know about that show is it is hugely popular in Britain, and the critics have repeatedly torn it apart based on it being purile and juvenile and all sorts of things that end in ile to say that it offends their snobby tastes. Yet it's still hugely popular. Critics speak, in regards to subjective traits, only for themselves. And it's pointless reading criticisms for that.

But Critics DO know more about movies or shows or books than the consumer, maybe not videogames because videogame critics are to Critics what a mushroom is to a tree, a shit eating fungus that clings to better, more established concepts in an attempt to survive. These critics know the history of the medium, it's not just telling people their opinions, it's not that easy to be a GOOD critic. Since they've watched and reviewed a lot of movies in their careers, they can see if something is just another retelling of a story that's cliched, hackneyed, and deader than the horse it's beating. And the biggest complaint about the Emoji Movie, aside from it being soulless marketing and product placement, is that it's unoriginal as fuck. There are dozens of movies that tell the same story and impart the same morals, and aren't utter horseshit.
>>
File: 1500408061174.gif (1MB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
1500408061174.gif
1MB, 284x210px
God this abomination looks punchable. Who wouldn't wanna break those teeth? That smile is horrendous.
>>
>>94413496
>any adaption
>of a book
>as film

It was doomed from the start.
>>
>>94415561
>lotr
>>
>>94412710
at least White knows a lot about cinema unlike most other critics who basically view film as "DUDE THIS WAS FUN XD"
>>
>>94415606
Yep, undeniable. Too bad they ruined The Hobbit.
>>
>>94413866
Ritchie only directed King Arthur from that list
>>
>>94415606

Thing is LOTR is a good movies series but not THAT good adaptation of a book, because Tolkien is just unadaptable.

Adapting Tolkien is like adapting the English dictionary.
>>
>>94412718
there's 5 pirates of the caribean movies? how? why?
>>
>>94415561
>James Bond franchise
>Jason Bourne franchise
>lotr
>The Shawshank Redemption
>The Godfather
>Jurassic Park
>Goodfellas
etc

there are some good ones
>>
>>94412344
>>“The Emoji Movie was review-proof because what parent would tell their kids that they can’t go to a movie because of a low aggregate score,”

They aren't wrong, but apparently even retarded toddlers didn't want to see this steaming pile
>>
>>94415737
There was originally going to be six, but after Depp's bad press a year or two ago Disney pulled back.
>>
>>94415822
Parents have gotten lazy when it comes to entertainment children, why take them to the theater when you just can give them a tablet and they practically nurture themselves.
>>
>>94413037

She looks like a crackwhore.
>>
>>94414575
I don't know what you're talking about, ghostbusters 2016 opened to empty theaters and lost millions.
>>
So will this finally kill off SONY's movie division?
>>
>>94412718
>Pirates 5
I didn't even know this was out until this thread.
>>
File: legends.jpg (222KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
legends.jpg
222KB, 1024x768px
>>94414203
Don't forget Crapcum. I will never ever forgive them.

>It's your fault we had to cancel MML3, you know! Sure, we had fantastic community response to the development and were on the verge of releasing a demo to the public where response could be properly measured, and sure, the game was actually cancelled because of internal politics, but we want to cover our asses so we're going to blame the fans on not being involved enough. If only you guys had just tried a little harder maybe we wouldn't be here today :(
>>
>>94416213
Pirates 5 is amazing in the sense that its a perfect representation of Johnny Depps career. Jack Sparrow is washed up, a joke, and apparently broke
>>
File: 749308234324.png (62KB, 302x238px) Image search: [Google]
749308234324.png
62KB, 302x238px
Let me save you guys some posts: review embargos were a mistake put into place by greedy conglomerates who don't want the customer being informed before purchasing something, especially something they're not allowed to test out first. Why else do you think game demos died out? Because who would buy a game if you knew beforehand that it was putrid?
>>
>>94413530
Or have collective review, various critics each make their review but publish them all under a collective name.
>>
>>94412344

lmao this is the exact reason my mom refused to take me to The Cat in the Hat back in the day
>>
>>94413008
I have only met one KID that wanted to watch that turd. And only one adult who wanted to watch it so he could know if it's really that shit
>>
>>94416144
exactly. normies were told "Go to Ghostbusters or you hate women". didn't work.
>>
>>94416448
How much fucking money did Ghostbusters lose Sony?
>>
>>94416301
>lmao this is the exact reason my mom refused to take me to The Cat in the Hat back in the day

You must be at least 18 years old to post on...
>2003 release date,
oh god damn it.
>>
>>94416475
Clearly not enough for them to stop making shit
>>
>>94412344
Anyone who needs a review to tell them that the emoji movie is shit deserves to be robbed.
>>
>>94413549
what's hilarious is these are the same people who think everything (gov'ts, business, etc.) should be run like Hollywood
>>
>>94412344
I'm glad more people are taking reviews into consideration. I won't even buy something if it has bad reviews on amazon or some other site. However, it's only a matter of time before they start corrupting them by bribing them to shit out positive reviews.
>>
>>94416170
see
>>94413642
>>
>>94416224

Current Capcom DOES suck, but given that Inafune was involved in that debacle, and regarding the Mighty Number 9 fiasco, I wouldn't necessarily chalk that up to just Capcom shenanigans.
>>
>>94413910
Unless its just blurbs, the writing style would tip off who keeps leaking. Then it would just be a matter of figuring out which critics keep going to which showings.
>>
>>94412732

t. IGN employee
>>
>>94415640
I was so pissed after watching the first movie when I realized they were stretching it out into a trilogy for no reason. Refused to watch the rest, seems like it was a good decision.
>>
>>94416475

70 mil.

A billion dollar writedown for the year, too.
>>
>>94417471
They had to make it a trilogy so that Peter Jackson could make the stupid battles he wanted. He simply did not have prep time.
>>
>>94413833
Ok, now defend their 2 star rating of Foster's
>>
>>94417485
Holy shit. You ain't kidding?
>>
>>94417533

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sony-outlook-idUSKBN15E0NN
>>
>>94412344
>Are we so out of touch?
>No: it's the reviewers who are wrong.
>>
Tragic thing is? Jumanji will probably give them a lifeline. I hate the very idea of the movie and everything Ive seen, but that cast is going to put butts in seats
>>
>>94417511
But why? That misses the entire point of the book. It's the story of the guy who DOESN'T get to witness the big battle: the hero who is instrumental in winning the day but through alternative contributions.
>>
>>94417647

I was gonna say that all the money will get flushed down the toilet when The Star comes out, but then I remembered it only cost them 18 million.
>>
>>94417647
Star power also apparently doesn't mean much these days. Having the Rock there doesn't guarantee high ticket sales.
>>
>>94412344
so basically they are learning the shit that the video game industry has been practicing for many years now.

it still wont work.
>>
>>94417690

"Man, those LotR movies made us richer than God! I only wish we could do another trilogy, so we'll have enough cash to swim in, like Scrooge McDuck."
"Well, theres the prequel book. But its the shortest, with only enough for one movie, at best."
"Stretch that fucker! And bring in more hookers and blow! We're gonna be rich again!"
>>
>>94417690
As someone pointed out upthread: hollywood has been training audiences to expect amazing CGI and huge battles and shit.

If the movues focused solely on Frodo they'd have been much less succesful
>>
File: bigkoalabear.png (176KB, 381x425px) Image search: [Google]
bigkoalabear.png
176KB, 381x425px
>>94412344
Rotten Tomatoes is a shitty site, but I'm happy they exist. Hopefully we start getting better movies instead of the soulless trash the jews at Hollywood keeps pumping.
>>
>>94417747
Shut up, Boco.
I can't believe you're still here after like a fucking decade. Seriously, go away.
>>
>>94417695
This.

The Rock can't draw dimes anymore.
>>
>>94417778
Bilbo was the Hobbit in The Hobbit, not Frodo.
>>
>>94417778
>Frodo
>>
>>94417747
The prequels nearly broke Ian Mckellum because Jackson is a fucking idiot
>>
>>94417695
>>94417809
The kids don't know who "the Rock" is, doofuses. The Rock was relevant like 7 years ago maybe more depending on who you ask.
>>
>>94417695
True, but combine him with Hart, Black, and Gillian and its bound to get some interest first weekend. But what I think will really hurt them is the fondness people had over Robin Willaims' performance in the original
>>
>>94417835
Whatcha mean?
>>
>>94412876
Not yet Bane. Almost but not quite. We've got another film

Jumanji might do it.
>>
>>94413797
He technically was not part of the crash itself. Those who stayed for the crash, did not survive, hence no survivors
>>
>>94413037
Making shitty films that suck ass.

Honestly Homecoming, Emoji and Ghostbusters were made worse by her involvement.
>>
>>94413183
>Imdb: 1.5/10
>Metacritic 12/100

Nice try.
>>
>>94417961
Its not intentional, Amy is literally a coke fueled retard
>>
>>94412344
LOL I thought they were still blaming piracy?

>wah waahh it's your fault our shitty movies tank at the box office you mean pirate uh reviewer uh [fill in the blank]!
>>
>>94413037

Cripes, she's even uglier than I imagined.
>>
>>94417961
I don't think she was actually involved in Homecoming.
>>
>>94417857
Asking a theatre actor to perform in front of a greenscreen with no one to interact with.

He came close to quitting over that
>>
>>94418048
Locked in there for hours by yourself. How could anyone deal with that?
>>
>>94413030
>19%
What did King mean by this?
>>
>>94413207
>"Hey, Ghostbusters fans! This movie isn't FOR you, BUT you better go watch it or else you're a MISOGYNIST!"

Because that's how you appeal to decent human beings, right? Sony's attempt to cover up all the legit bad press and non-hatespeach criticism pushed the argument back a decade.

Sony is a studio with no shame, and the Emoji Movie stands as the cherry to the top of that statement.
>>
File: 202-Idiocracy-quotes[1].png (327KB, 819x419px) Image search: [Google]
202-Idiocracy-quotes[1].png
327KB, 819x419px
>>94414324
Audiences are to blame for this. If people went to movies like Whiplash and The Artist in droves, then Hollywood would respond by releasing more high quality films to earn more money.

But because retarded superhero movies and Pixar films for manbabies keep topping the charts, Hollywood responds by making those kinds of movies. Movies suck and it's entirely the audiences fault.
>>
>>94418048
Oh Christ, I didn't even think of that.

Seriously though, fuck those movies. They could have just filmed most of it in New Zealand and it'd be just as good if not better.
>>
>>94413271
It was supposed to be a lead in to a new Universal Monsters connected film series with Russel Crowe as Jykel and Hyde.

But it was shit and not a fun film.

>>94418039
The whole Highschool thing was her idea she'd been kicking around for a long time. Its part of the Emails.
>>
>>94418095

The Universal Monsters series is still going ahead. For now. The Mummy made major bank in Korea.
>>
>>94415606
And then I give you The Hobbit.

I fucking hate giving you The Hobbit (because I love that book)

But there we fucking go.

Hell least the Shadow games are good (even if Warner Bros had no faith in the first one and fucked it up bribing people. FUCK)

Still its the fucking Treasure Hunting game that Nu Tomb Raider should have been.
>>
File: 1561561155.jpg (53KB, 914x763px) Image search: [Google]
1561561155.jpg
53KB, 914x763px
>>94414318
>King of /tv/
but hes black
no wait that makes sense
>>
>>94418134
The not-BPRD and Dr Jekyll Nick Fury were forced as fuck
>>
>>94418095
Yeah, but Marvel also wanted to do that because they have the stupid notion that an eternally young Peter is good somehow. The fact that she's just as stupid as they are doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>94412344
>Fruit ninja is next
An 80's style ninja adventure about a ninja having to kill the grand master of the fruit clan. All of which are represented by anthropomorphic fruit. Basically a ripoff of every fucking schlock ninja movie with all the over-the-top gore replaced with pineapple and mango flesh.
it won't be that, but I want something that may be at least entertaining-bad after the fucking emoji movie.
>>
>>94418174

Yeah, they're probably in desperate recovery mode right now.
>>
>>94413833
> their focus is mostly rate things based on their approriateness for kids and families, and do their best to rate this separately from the actual quality of the product.
Then maybe their review shouldn't be counted in an aggregate of reviews that are based on the quality of a product?
>>
>>94418173
He's black and gay. Realistically, /tv/ should despise him for that alone.
>>
File: ian mckellum crying on set.jpg (294KB, 780x3047px) Image search: [Google]
ian mckellum crying on set.jpg
294KB, 780x3047px
>>94417857
>>
File: Bumblebee_thumbs_up.png (227KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebee_thumbs_up.png
227KB, 400x300px
>>94418233
>Big Trouble in Little Fruit Stand
>>
>>94418298
Why the fuck would you shoot them in separately like that? I get greenscreening the background, but for fuck's sake, if you're going to hire Ian why the fuck would you split up the performances?
>>
>>94418298
Damn. If this is how they film most things, no wonder the actors seem so wooden.

That's, like, a little sadness house that is.
>>
>>94418048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmYx1ayYTM&ab_channel=AnimeYuukie He got better tho
>>
>>94418421
>Why the fuck would you shoot them in separately like that?
Because muh hobbits and because it's cheaper. It's doubtful he ever actually met any of the other actors on set.
>>
>>94418233
I'd watch it, if that's anything to you.

Bonus points if its a 'love letter' / homage to the schlock ninja movie and not just a 'dur hur, we made a parody' sort of movie. Like how Rango was less a parody and more of a homage.

Now it's even less likely.
>>
>>94418421
Its done because of the size difference between Gandalf and the dwarves. For everything to be within scale, they needed to merge footage
>>
>>94413512
oh, how volitive of you, tripfag. enjoy wasting your money.
>>
>>94418421
With the effects they required for the sizes to work digitally it simply wasn't possible to have the actors in the same room

You could use practical effects instead, but fuck you.
>>
>>94418429
LOTR was actual sets and forced perspective . The Hobbit fucked shit up.
>>
>>94418496
They could have just...actually given a shit and had him in the foreground of every shot or positioned above the other actors to look bigger.

Like fuck, come on.
>>
>>94418298
How depressing. Even the set workers are probably quarantined out of the room, and they speak to him via loudspeaker
>>
>>94418552
That would require money and effort that could be spent on cocaine.
>>
File: 1167.jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1167.jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>94418263
I guess all those blacked memes and threads makes sense upon reflection.
>>
>>94412496
>It's too bad gamer groups won't capitalize and give a giant "I TOLD YOU SO WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN" to the movie audiences
Because they're nerds and communication isn't their strong point. And becasue it would be instantly dismissed as mansplaining.
>>
>>94412917
This.
It won't happen though because Hollywood owns the state of California and the feds can't afford to lose their most effective propaganda machine.
>>
>>94418080
Hollywood already IS making "muh drama Oscar winner" movies like Moonlight and LaLa Land. Except nobody gives a piss soaked shit for blatant heart-string tuggers that are only meant to be annual jerk-off tributes to old Hollywood jews and their terrible boring ass cinema.
>>
>>94418606
Are you now aware that /tv/ is responsible for most boards shitposting?
>>
>>94413313
>greatest cultural legacy
>not the independent studios that dared to take a chance in the face of an eternally neutered market
Hollywood was never good, it molests children, passes immoral laws through lobbying and deserves to burn.
>>
>>94412344
If someone couldn't tell a movie about emoji's is going to be steaming shit, I'm not sure they really deserved to have that spelled out for them. Especially since these people are going to see it on premiere night. Fuckin hell.
>>
Maybe they should spend less in movies? I sometimes cringe at the budget of modern movies.
>>
>>94418263
Wrong.

He has the contrarian opinions that bring them shitposting fuel, so they meme and celebrate him.

4chan is not as racist as you might think.
>>
>>94418095

Exactly, Universal went in with their heads held high, thinking people would just watch a half-assed product. Thank god they said no to it.
>>
>>94412786
Saw it. They took a completely unrelated movie and just slapped roland on it.

>>94412936
It took shit from all the books, using only the first companion, but it's actually a sequel to the books. It's completely incomprehensible what they were trying to do.

>>94413100
Simply mentioning an embargo is enough to let anyone in the know what's up.
>>
Sony didn't trick anyone. Nobody who unironically went to see the Emoji Movie gives two shit's about reviews. They literally could not care less. They just wanted to go see a movie with emojis in it.
>>
>>94418834

Sometimes I wonder wtf goes on behind the scenes to inflate budgets to ridiculous levels beyond the usual things like reshoots, troubled production, etc.

Like IDK what WB was expecting by giving King Arthur $175 million to play with. It should have been given 80 million MAX.

The same goes for the many flops we've seen throughout the ages.
>>
>>94419029
OR they're underage and wanted to get into a rated R movie.
>>
>>94418487
god i want this. i'm probably the only one on /co/ that still watches godfrey ho movies because I'm an old fart.
>>
>>94419201

I read this a long time ago and I kinda forget the specifics of it but I think there's subsidies and shit for these big production companies where they can recoup lost profits and shit. That and accountants cooking the books and sorts of other accounting fuckery. Maybe someone else can explain it better, or tell me that I'm wrong. Sorry if this didn't answer your question.
>>
>>94419264
I have a VHS copy of Ninja of the Magnificence.
>>
>>94412344
Haven't they always done this?
Usually if the press embargo on reviews ends on or around the release date of the film its because even the studios knows that its probably shit
>>
>>94418957
>using only the first companion
Isn't the movie supposed to be the first book?
The druggy and the cripple don't show up until the second book.
>>
>>94412344
>“The Emoji Movie was review-proof because what parent would tell their kids that they can’t go to a movie because of a low aggregate score,”

It's not surprising that kids will love total garbage.

>>94412496
>It's too bad gamer groups won't capitalize and give a giant "I TOLD YOU SO WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN" to the movie audiences

v and cripple-chan are the classic vocal minority people that think they're way more important than they actually are.
>>
>>94413910
>zerohedge will review kino in our lifetime
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=valerian.htm

>Besson
>>
>>94415622
Many critics are plebs but it makes sense for a paper to hire them because the majority of people are plebs. No one opens the paper to see a complex analysis of the latest flick or bestselling book, honestly you'd have to spoil the movie to make any worthwhile review.
>>
>>94412344
Withholding early critics' screenings/reviews isn't a new trick. It's a well-known sign that a movie is likely to be garbage. They did it just recently with The Dark Tower.
>>
>>94418421
>>94418298
>>94418496
>>94418552
>>94418503
It was because you can't do Forced Perspective tricks in front of a 3D camera.
>>
I guess that explains Homecoming.
>>
>>94418610
>Because they're nerds and communication isn't their strong point
You're on a Thai bamboo roasting website's comics and cartoons board, you don't have a whole lot of wiggle room to call others nerds. But communication is the issue, there is no one unified voice among the video game community and any who might claim as such will be shot down by opposing groups. Specifically the corporate shills and their party of politically correct useful idiots will immediately try and disparage any who would rightfully call the video game industry fucking shit. Mass Effect Andromeda was bad enough to kill ubisoft montreal and there would still be those dumb enough to defend it.
>>
>>94419466
>Isn't the movie supposed to be the first book?
No. I'm not sure WHAT the fuck it's supposed to be.
>>
>>94419964
Biodrones, the few that are left, are some of the most pathetic people on the planet.
>>
>>94418504
Hobbit fucked up a lot of shit.

The overuse of CGI was one of them. I doubt there will be a point where CGI is indistinguishable from real life, because so many things in the movie looked horrifically fake.

The Orcs were really bad too, and compared to the detail with the costumed orcs in LOTR, it's downright disgusting how cheap they look.
>>
>>94412973
At this point, I'm just waiting until Sony begins blaming the viewers themselves. Because people at least don't treat RT as a complete joke.
>>
>>94420022

Don't forget the games media who tried to start a witch hunt against a guy who made a satirical video about games review media being kinda shit. He didn't specifically call out IGN or Gamespot (heck, he even roasted youtube reviewers and himself for being biased in a way) but they tried to pin him as part of Gamergate for some reason.
>>
>>94412730
It had a lot of things wrong with it, but if you're a fan of the franchise, you probably thought it was okay.
It was 10 times better than the 4th one, but it didn't have the same good character stories that the first 3 did.

Personally, I think the series has been going downhill since the very first film. Anything past the first 3 are pretty textbook cash grabs in my opinion.
>>
>>94412904
Rotten Tomatoes is being relied on far too heavily. The point of that site is to tell you whether a film is good or bad. There are only 2 ways to vote, rotten or fresh. A high score means you are probably more likely to enjoy the movie, since a lot of people liked it.

A lot of people liked Spiderman Homecoming, myself included, but I would wager most people would only really give it a 7-8 out of 10, not the 9-10/10 R.T. would have you believe.

Movies like BvS that didn't have that wide appeal with all the 'funny' quips every 10 fucking seconds like most other capeshit, obviously didn't score high on R.T., which gave the film the wrong idea.
>>
>>94419310
Are you trying to say they can make more money with a flop than with a hit?
>>
>>94412786

It was terribly bland and cliche.
I felt like I wasted my time seeing it in theatres.
The only good part was Matthew McConaughey. My grandmother liked it though.
>>
>>94412438
It's a professional courtesy not just to the studios, but also to fellow critics. If one publishes early, it becomes a race to be the first to publish a review. Critics have their own guild, and they look down on that kind of behavior.
>>
>>94421137
It's admirable if true. However I could see this breaking down if one rebel decides to go into business for himself. Kinda like how video games are done with certain shady companies reviewing games through a hour of play
>>
Can't wait for studios to start offering exclusive extended epilogues as bonus for pre-ordering tickets.
>>
>>94421137
It's not just courtesy, people attending early screenings sign NDAs specifying the exact time and date at which they are allowed to post reviews. Doing it early makes them liable to whatever penalties are stipulated on the contract.
>>
>>94417647
>Jumanji will probably give them a lifeline.

No way. Too many people hating on it for shitting on the old movie and holding onto Robin Williams performance.
>>
>>94412344
>>94413350
>>94413479
>>94418233
>“We really want to see The Emoji Movie succeed, because it’s like proof of concept with these [intellectual properties],’’ Tripp Vinson, a Hollywood producer who’s trying to make a movie about mindless mobile game Fruit Ninja, told The New York Times

So Hollywood, you really are that desperate for ideas? Here's one for you, make it a biog of Tripp Vinson, the retard that wants to make a fruit ninja movie.
>>
>>94421298
Don't be ridiculous anon; only a retard community from a childish media would accept such thing
>>
>>94421372
Really? Then there is still hope for man. Id imagine its a similar situation as Ghostbusters, only without the "fuck you, you sexist" marketing
>>
>>94416224
Capcom is incompetent not outright evil
>>
>>94421756
[Citation needed]
Is it in OP?

Do people even play FN anymore?
>>
>>94421756
I can't tell at this point if they're desperate for ideas or if they're slaved so heavily to the concept to focus testing and market groups that it is impossible for a small group with big ideas to even set foot inside of a production studio anymore.
>>
>>94412344
Wait was pirates bad?

I was really looking forward to watching that.
>>
>>94413496
You should have known it was going to be shit the moment they blackwashed Roland and removed his hat
>>
>>94421833
>slaved so heavily to the concept to focus testing and market groups
Holy shit are they ever.

They also have this primitive, neaderthalic approach to it where if something tests well, they add more of that thing.

Joke tests well? Add more jokes, who cares is it throws off the timing of the jokes already there?!

Snarky character test well? Make EVERYBODY a snarky character!

TTG our top-rated show? PUT IT ON FOR A SOLID WEEK!!
>>
File: Max-Bialystock.gif (56KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Max-Bialystock.gif
56KB, 320x240px
>>94420477
Wait, I have an idea!
Lets make a movie so bad it makes this look good by comparison.
It will have more product placement than Mac and Me, Food Fight and the Emoji Movie combined!
We'll market it to families but, only 3 years and younger will tolerate this pile of garbage we're about to make.
We'll make Uwe Boll, Ed Wood and, Adam Sandler look like geniuses with my new idea...
"Know your meme, the movie!"
>>
File: tripp-vinson.jpg (11KB, 257x372px) Image search: [Google]
tripp-vinson.jpg
11KB, 257x372px
>>94421756
holy fuck, i'm already late
http://deadline.com/2009/06/the-real-story-of-how-the-hangover-got-made-ps-its-based-on-someone-in-hollywood-9534/

> the full and complete story of how The Hangover got made.
> It all started with Chris Bender who heard the story of how his Hollywood friend went mysteriously missing from his bachelor party in Las Vegas. The pal (photo, right) was film producer Tripp Vinson
>“I remember being a drunken fool, as you’re supposed to do at your bachelor party, and having a really good time with all my friends,” Vinson told me. “But then I remember being a mess. And when people are fucked up, crazy shit happens.” That’s when Tripp went missing from his bash. Even now, all Vinson knows is, “I got separated from my friends, and I blacked out. And when I was revived, I was in a strip club being threatened with a very, very large bill I was supposed to pay. It was not a fun experience at the time, but it made for a funny story.”
>>94421827
yes, it's part of that article.
>Do people even play FN anymore?
Dunno, in my head that was a thing for like a month at least six years ago.
>>
>>94421975
Look at that, that's the face of the kind of person who would think a Fruit Ninja movie is a good idea
>>
>>94421886
This is what happens when businessmen think that they can make art just like any other product. The business community is populated by generic managers who have become convinced that they are the best no matter the field, and that their skills will work no matter what industry they are in. This is how you get something like a marketing director from Pizza Hut as president and CEO of Nintendo America.

They imagine that they're invincible business geniuses, so they just apply all the same techniques to the entertainment industry that they did in whatever other industry they came from. Then, when whatever it is flops, they blame the reviewers, because in business the last thing anyone wants to do is accept that they are capable of making mistakes. It must always be someone else's fault.
>>
>>94421894
>>94420477
This has to be the thought process
>>
>>94422084
No, they actually thought it would be a hit. They're so arrogant and so out of touch, surrounded by sycophants and people just as delusional as they are, that they actually thought that it would succeed.
>>
>>94422082
>This is how you get something like a marketing director from Pizza Hut as president and CEO of Nintendo America.
nigga i aint no nintendo fan but reggie aint a good example for the shit you talkin bout. that dude must be doin a good job marketin if my pc playin ass is even REMOTELY interested in the shit they got going on
>>
>>94422120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4
>>
>>94422180
It's an example of how no industry is treated like it's different from any other industry. As far as corporate executives are concerned, there is no difference between Coca-Cola, IBM, Disney, Dow Chemical, and Exxon-Mobile.
>>
>>94420375
Kinda this. BvS deserves its score. But the percentage isn't a rating. It's saying 90% of people liked it but not that they all thought it was great. A movie could get all 6/10s and end up with a 100% but people would think that means it's perfect.
>>
>>94420375
This is true, but a lot of people also turn to Midnight Reviews these days, as in someone goes to the opening and tells what happened from their car.
>>
>>94419310
It's all about taxes, the more money your company makes, the more it has to pay in taxes.
Studios will sometimes produce guaranteed flops, pretend they cost more than they actually did and thus claim a loss of X millions of dollars, which brings down the studios' net profits.
>>
>>94412438
mostly politeness and NDA. aka bullshit, I'm sure NDA aren't well defended against freedom of press, especially since they are agreement and don't involve money.
>>
>>94417471
>I was so pissed after watching the first movie when I realized they were stretching it out into a trilogy
I'm still fucking pissed anon, pissed enough for the both of us!
>>
>because what parent would tell their kids that they can’t go to a movie
I'm 100% sure no kid asked to watch the emoji movie.
>>
>>94419898

3D is a blight and a cheesy gimmick and I'm glad its fucking dead/on its way to being fucking dead.
>>
>>94412730
The Pirates of the Caribbean films haven't been good since the first one. Dead Man's Chest was ok for no other reason than Davy Jones but general plot of all the films after the first movie have been a convoluted mess. The biggest problem is that they basically made Jack Sparrow the main character when they noticed how popular he was and he's been flanderized more and more with each passing film.
>>
anybody who couldn't tell the emoji movie was shit without reading a review deserved to waste their money
>>
>>94412904
I'm not sure how that would happen since they're basically just a review aggregate site like Metacritic. The only issue is that they both occasionally fiddle with how the reviews are weighted so unless they get really hands on with that I don't see much changing.
>>
King Arthur was actually a pretty fun movie and the OST is unironically my favorite one this year.
>>
>>94418134
Fucking how? Dracula Untold was originally going to kickstart the cinematic universe but they decided to give it another try after it did poorly critically and financially. The Mummy did even worse so it makes them look even more stupid.
>>
>wanting to give your money to big studios
Why are you desperate to suck corporate cock?
>>
>>94420169
I swear, the second I saw CGI orcs I knew the movies were going to be shit. I get the Hobbit was basically a rush job since Del Taco bailed like he usually does and they brought Peter Jackson back on to salvage it despite him not really wanting to do it so I understand why they didn't use the practical effects that made LotR so great. Still, all three movies were completely souless and it honestly should have just been a single film. But multi-part adaption films were big around that time and Hollywood is going to Hollywood...
>>
>>94423694
>Still, all three movies were completely souless and it honestly should have just been a single film.

It should have been the two movies it was originally slated for. 3 was too many but 1 would require lots of cutting or lots of rushing (see the Rankin/Bass version for this).
>>
>>94423743
It's not like they took advantage of the additional footage in the first place, they spent most of that extra runtime making shitty OC rather than adapting as much content from the books as they could. If you cut out all the bullshit from all three films that weren't in the books you'd basically end up with a single movie. Especially all that shit about Gandalf and co. fighting Sauron, they could have just left it as a couple of teases while in Mirkwood and the film would have been infinitely better for it. Almost all the big setpieces in all three films could have been reduced to their highlights in order to create a single tight film. I don't want to spend hours watching a bunch of dwarves faffing about in some sort of slapstick routine or watching Legolas being more annoying than he's ever been.
>>
>>94418134
>The Mummy made major bank in Korea.

Yeah but is that really gonna help enough?
>>
>>94418010
Why do you think she became a feminist?
>>
File: blazingsaddles_wieners.jpg (48KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
blazingsaddles_wieners.jpg
48KB, 720x480px
>>94412344

>its that one site's fault for telling people who shitty the movie is

I see.
>>
>>94420211
Fair enough, I kind of even simply missed the 4th one but was interested in this one; it's okay, not as great as the first three.
>>
File: 1460067104855.jpg (18KB, 636x466px) Image search: [Google]
1460067104855.jpg
18KB, 636x466px
>>94413313
>Hollywood dying
>a shame
Hollywood has always been infamous for its nepotism, drug trafficking, massive child abuse, and money laundering. Its movie industry fizzling out would be a blessing but that's not happening any time soon because domestic inflation, easily-created hype amongst moviegoers, and foreign markets have been allowing even the worst movies to make a profit.
>>
>>94412828
>It takes a fat shit on the books
Nothing changes then. 1 shit * 1 shit = 1 shit.
>>
File: PogeXIe.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
PogeXIe.png
2MB, 1920x800px
>>94420169
Begun the Clone War has.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>94427042
>Hollywood has always been infamous for its nepotism, drug trafficking, massive child abuse, and money laundering.
>>
>>94427077
are you literally 12?
>>
>>94412421
The industry was doing this with movies first. You often see movies with barely any review the day they hit theaters. It just means, the studio didn't do a press screening.
>>
>>94413037
>Feige fucked this goblin just to get Spider-man
not all heroes wear capes
>>
>>94412893
As this was restricted to Sony. Upward failing is a common thing in Hollywood.
>>
>>94412786
>>94412828
>>94420014
The script is by Akiva Goldsman. I think apart from some episodes of Fringe, he never wrote anything good. He has a few average movies and a lot of mediocre/bad ones.
>>
>>94413030
>The biggest weakpoint with Rotten Tomatoes is political agendas and bias. When politics are not involved RT is decently accurate, but when it is, things get hazy.
Yeah, but as you said RT don't write review, they compile them. It gets hazy because critics get hazy. RT can't do anything a bout it.
>>
File: 1499062787599.gif (1MB, 350x117px) Image search: [Google]
1499062787599.gif
1MB, 350x117px
>>94427098
But do you have any actual facts?

Or are you one of those fags who base their opinion on hearsay and rumors?

Where specifically did you see news and evidence of that shit happening? Did you ever do any research into it besides taking it at face value?
>>
You can pretty much tell a movie is bad completely based on the promotional trailers now. They always do the same generic 'epic' music with action sequences laced together. Even going so far as to spoil parts of the movie, like jokes and even major plot points.
>>
>>94419310
You get the money from some investors, let's say chinese or saudi funds, who have no fucking idea of how a movie is madee but want that sweet capeshit 30 to 100% ROIs. The studio takes the money not as a loan but as a venture investment, and they make the movie. They inflate the costs and funnel the money through subsidiary companies like VFX or marketing companies owned by the studio or by the same shareholders who own the studio. The production+marketing budget is already in their pockets, and then they release the flick and it "bombs" as in doesn't make enough money to cover these fake costs, so since there is no profit, there is no obligation to give shit to those investors. The costs aren't real so it might make a "real" profit, but since it won't be on papers, the studio takes that money too.

Then if they have a huge hit and they make profit, they can pay less taxes by having these "losses" in the books

I mean we all saw BvS and Civil War, there is no way they spent 250 million on each of those pieces of absolute crap
>>
>>94413313
Hollywood went through a big rut in the 60's and 70's. They hired the Indie filmmakers that were making big splashes in the Indie Film scene of the 70's like Spielberg, and Lucas. They created a Second Age with Jaws, and Star Wars. Hollywood became big again in the 80's, but took a fumble in the early 90's with remakes of TV shows like Beverly Hillbillies, and Newspaper comics like Dennis The Menace. The 2000's managed to be better than the 90's when it came to Hollywood's success, but started going downhill with the 90's cycle of remakes, or even worse, reboots.
Hollywood will either do what they did before, and fix their shit, or get more Indie filmmakers.
>>
>>94413922
Except the Chinese Market doesn't really have as much a say as the American market does. The Chonks only allow some ~30 Western movies into their theaters, and most if not all try to appeal to China to access that sweet ~40 million dollar boost to ticket sales, like with Red Dawn. Originally it was supposed to be the Chinese invading America, but when the Publisher saw this was gonna not be accepted by the Chinese propaganda film bureau or whatever the fuck it's called, they spent some like 2 million dollars in post editing it all to be about North Korea, and it *wasn't even accepted* by the Chinese after it was released. The pdf really explains why the Chonks have such a desired market.
https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/files/Research/Directed%20by%20Hollywood%20Edited%20by%20China.pdf
>>
>>94412344
everyone knew Emoji movie would be shit anyway. you can tell that before reading any reviews

this makes me happy. i'm glad these money grubbing bastards are being punished for shoveling shit
>>
>>94428371
>everyone knew Emoji movie would be shit anyway. you can tell that before reading any reviews

I think even the most pessimistic of us were surprised that it started out at 0% though.
>>
>>94421823
Basically this, like Konami they are a bunch of oldguard that don't want to adapt to a changing market like Nintendo, the only things keeping them afloat were some key franchises that are now dead because of creators leaving or mismanagement.
>>
It's a Hollywood blames critics for films failing while loudly insisting that reviews don't matter episode
>>
>>94415678
>Adapting Tolkien is like adapting a Welsh-English dictionary
ftfy
>>
>>94428371
The movie is just OK, generic, you literal retard.
>>
File: sad wojak.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
sad wojak.png
8KB, 509x619px
>>94412730

>The weird feeling cuts/camera angles/scene.
>The fucking donkey/retard/witch shit going on for way too long.
>The Flanderization in general, you can fucking tell the script was phoned in.
>The replacements for those two barbossa guys
>Let's just drop the british navy plot 2/3rds into the movie, we don't have enough cash to do a 3-way thing.

I got roped into watching it by my roomie and I felt robbed, barbossa actually feeling old was one of the few saving graces of the movie, I physically didn't recognize him at first in the last scenes.
>>
>>94427465
>Goldsman
>>
>>94429179

That's a worse crime as far as entertainment is concerned. Being boring. If the movie had Food Fight! styled visuals and really incompetent writing, this movie would be "so bad it's good". But it's not in this case.
>>
>>94429345
but it's not boring, it's just entertaining enough with some cringe dance scenes
>>
why the hell do you have to be so critical?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJxrTQh5Zs
>>
>>94419201
Cocaine
>>
This is like with GITS.
All the literal autists hate it and say they knew it was going to be shit while they didn't even watch it.
>>
>>94418078
I wish it pushed it back a decade.
>>
>>94419201
Hollywood actors just get paid way too much. It has to stop at some point.
>>
>>94413313
Let it burn and America will produce a new one, hopefully with better results.
>>
>>94427499
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting_couch

There's also that shit with Corey Feldman and Corey Hains. You don't hear about this shit because the people doing it are in control of the media, like one of the Coreys tries to talk how he was molested as a child actor constantly but no one will let him go on TV anymore because the people who did it control basically everything.
>>
>>94413313
>hollywood
>One of America's greatest cultural legacies
HAHAHAHAHAHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
>>
File: 1476650450466.gif (752KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
1476650450466.gif
752KB, 468x60px
If Hollywood is using Emojis as ideas for their movies, are memes next?
>>
>>94429843
Nobody likes your meme, /a/.
>>
File: 1456852215653.jpg (17KB, 391x174px) Image search: [Google]
1456852215653.jpg
17KB, 391x174px
>>94429843
FINDS
>>
>>94414318
>king of shitty opinions for clickbait
>Loved by /tv/

He is basically the personification of bait. No wonder they love him.
>>
>>94429843
Already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit%E6%84%9B-%E5%A5%89%E6%96%87-x-%E8%81%96%E5%AD%90
>>
File: 1486226615623.png (428KB, 596x404px) Image search: [Google]
1486226615623.png
428KB, 596x404px
>>94429843
Oh god, I hope so. It might actually kill Keit-ai for real too.
>>
File: 1416039446430.gif (7KB, 363x464px) Image search: [Google]
1416039446430.gif
7KB, 363x464px
>>94429843
Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.
https://youtu.be/XHfyLv6t5to
>>
>>94427499
It's no secret that child actors get abused all the time, it's one of the reason so many of them end up as trainwrecks later in life. Hell, you have people like Brian Singer who had allegations of sex with minors and it barely fazed his career.
>>
File: 1394966286875.jpg (103KB, 389x385px) Image search: [Google]
1394966286875.jpg
103KB, 389x385px
>>94429843
Pepe the Movie?
>>
>>94429229
>donkey/retard/witch shit
I don't even remember that...
>>
>>94429843
Sitcom about Wojak and Pepe
>>
File: 1495795927978.gif (851KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495795927978.gif
851KB, 400x300px
>>94430071

Woman of science thus hurr witch.

Half of Jacks crewmembers being retards

One of the retard crewmembers were overtly focused on a fucking donkey and constantly bringing it up wondering what it has to do with what they're currently talking about, some retarded shit like that, anti-funny.
>>
>>94430647

happens when Disney milks the shit out of the franchise.
>>
>>94427076
Wow. You know Projekt Red actually worked to make sure the populated areas didn't all look samey.

Nice to know Warner Bros has a tradition of shit cgi.
>>
File: 1470258123782.jpg (41KB, 600x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470258123782.jpg
41KB, 600x385px
>>94413536
>literally NOTHING about this cartoon movie is related to cartoons
>>
>>94429691
Well why would someone who hates a thing watch it?
>>
>>94429691
>BUT ANON IF YOU DON'T FORCE YOURSELF TO EAT THE SHIT, HOW DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT IT'S SHIT!
>>
File: 1372550690305.jpg (52KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
1372550690305.jpg
52KB, 802x437px
>>94431308
>>94429691
>>
>>94429179
>defends that garbage
>calls anyone literal retards
0/10 try harder.
>>
>>94429229
>that constant hope that this will be the last fucking island they sail to so the movie will end
>then they leave for another fucking island
i wanted to die senpai
>>
>>94413156
>>94413181
Right. At least two of those four reviews aren't really that positive, but they weren't hard enough on the movie to count as a rotten review.
>>
File: stronk.png (204KB, 750x326px) Image search: [Google]
stronk.png
204KB, 750x326px
>>94412344
Everyone knows rt is liquid ass.
>>
>>94427077
>>94427499
You're either purposefully retarded or live under a rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jHwEc0USS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWBAX47H-8g

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/jul/20/local/me-limelight20

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elijah-wood-child-abuse-hollywood-896359

http://uproxx.com/movies/red-granite-leonardo-dicaprio-money-laundering/
>>
>>94431481
Yeah, it's their fault it was given 235 positive reviews! Fuck RottenTomatoes!
>>
>>94431635
Not really positive. Most of those are "Its not as good as the original but its not complete shit."
>>
>>94431635
>it's not rotten tomatoes fault they have a shitty system that gives glorified bloggers authority disproportionate to their worth
Yes?
>>
>>94431481
Imagine how much Emoji Movie sucks to get 6% from those chucklefucks.
>>
i just hop th animators will find new companies to work for.
>>
>>94431763
if animators could lose their jobs by helping make shitty movies then literally none of them would still be employed
>>
>>94431741
Same level of shit but without strong independent womyn to get a free pass.
>>
>>94431794
But jailbreak is that, she even fucks up the romance.
>>
>>94431741
it's 100x better than GB you literal retard
>>
>>94412344
>the vast majority of shitty films get shitty reviews
Yeah, its the critics.
>>
>>94415678
No Tolkien adaptation is complete without a 30 minutes scene filled with establishing shots of food
>>
>>94412421
>desu
kys faggot
>>
>>94432391
>he doesn't know about the filter
>>
>>94412344
>Sony kept reviews for the shitty emoji movie from hitting until hours before the movie came out.

This is the movie equivalent of Sonic Boom: The Rise of Lyric
>>
>>94431481
>Still being assblasted by this

Ghostbuster fans are the whiniest bitches, I swear. All for a mediocre franchise that can't stop repeating the first movie.
>>
>>94431365
He then pops out a ping pong ball.
>>
>>94413313
Hollywood has been nothing but a communist shithive for decades. Good riddance.
>>
>>94432637
typing the thing that filters to it still makes you a faggot desu
>>
>>94412438
Reviewer here. They will throw us in jail if we post a review before a certain time and date, known as an "embargo". Once the time and date have passed, the embargo is lifted and we can post our reviews, but if we dare post our reviews before our contracts tell us to, we WILL get sued and WILL go to jail.

That is the trade off for seeing the movie early is that we cannot tell people what we really think about it until the time is "right" by our contract.

This is nothing new, in fact video game reviewers now have to deal with that practice too if they want to get games early and for free in order to review them.

I heard a video game reviewer for Nintendo called Haedox ended up posting his review for Splatoon a day earleir than he was supposed to and they threatened legal action, but luckily his family are lawyers and jews and have money, so he survived BUT he is now blacklisted by Nintendo and is no longer allowed to receive Nintendo games free, at a discount, or early.

The movies business takes this much more seriously though and WILL take you to court if you post your review too early.

Now, you could say, "Why not just make an anonymous review"? Well, you can do that, but most people will not take you seriously because you are anonymous, AND you may still get caught if you leak out too many spoilers AND you are not going to get payment and recognition for said review, so it is pointless.

Long story short, DO NOT post a movie review if you have signed a contract that tells you to wait to do so because there will be a price to pay.
>>
>>94429463
Anon, have you ever considered that you may have bad taste?
>>
>>94412952
I'm just curious, why are we relying so heavily on Chinese markets? And mainly why do people say "the Chinese will go see literally anything"? Do general Chinese audiences lack a sense of critical taste and judgement?
>>
>>94412344
Hopefully, this means that Hollywood is going to crash and burn in the next 10 years.
>>
>>94434977
China lacks culture, really, mao did everything he could to destroy the culture of china, and even in this day china hasn't recover for that
>>
>>94434977
>why are we relying so heavily on Chinese markets
emerging economy, there is a big new whealthy class in china that didnt exist ten years ago
>why do people say "the Chinese will go see literally anything
china didnt even use to screen most movies because goverment censoring them and also they where dirt poor, they watched chinese movies wich are inferior to hollywood crap, you can sell a movie to chinese audience on shit like decent cgi, iceage saga was made for them and they where the mayority of the audience, transformes was also big there
>>
>>94434977
>I'm just curious, why are we relying so heavily on Chinese markets?
I don't even know either. Studios get more back from domestic gross than from overseas gross unless they had a lucrative deal with the international distributors.
>>
>>94434977
1 billion population with a growing middle class.

The Warcraft movie would have been a massive flop if it weren't for them.
>>
>>94435042
One can hope that the superhero bubble will brust much sooner.
>>
>>94435271
Which upcoming superhero films do you think will flop?
>>
>>94435290
Justice League.
>>
>>94435271
This makes me wonder, what will happen to the comic industry once the interest in cape movies die out?
>>
>>94435317
I think IW will be the end of superhero movies.
>>
>>94435319
Nothing. It's already in the shitter.
>>
>>94435319
Marvel will crash and burn and they will drag everyone else with them unless DC find a way to survive.
>>
>>94413797
>>no survivors
>>Dr. Pavel technically survives
You missed the part where they did a blood transfusion to a corpse to fake Pavel's death.
>>
>>94412732
I'm indifferent to gamer politics and I can tell you with even a pasing reading that IGN is ridiculous. Plastic, glossy and fake.
>>
>>94418214
>Yeah, but Marvel also wanted to do that because they have the stupid notion that an eternally young Peter is good somehow.
Marvel just wants a Spiderman actor who can be around for at least 6 films. That meant more than a decade of filming, and you are silly to think it makes sense to cast someone too old.
>>
>>94435391
>IGN is ridiculous. Plastic, glossy and fake.
Like every other big name video game review website.
>>
>>94435317
I honestly wonder how this will do. It could either be the make or the end of DCEU.
>>
>>94434977
Stupid movies are simple movies and simple movies are easier to translate than high-concept movies.
>>
>>94420375
>Rotten Tomatoes is being relied on far too heavily. The point of that site is to tell you whether a film is good or bad. There are only 2 ways to vote, rotten or fresh. A high score means you are probably more likely to enjoy the movie, since a lot of people liked it.

I don't know how other people use Rotten Tomatoes, but I just don't look at a fresh/rotten tomato. I don't even really look at the percentage.

I actually click on the individual reviews and read a couple. I usually try to pick a couple that gave it a high rating, some that gave it a low rating, and some others. I then base my opinion on what I see as a running theme.

Does nobody else ever read the individuals reviews or actually listen to other peoples' actual opinions? Who here only judges movies solely by their fresh/rotten status- word of mouth be damned?
>>
Once Jumanji 2K17 bombs, is Sony Pictures finally gonna go bankrupt?
>>
>>94435463
Like the Emoji Movie would ever do well there.
>>
Do you think the Entertainment industry as whole is dying?
>>
>>94435418
Gamespot is marginally better, rooster teeth is only slightly more contrived than most mom-and-pop YouTube gamer channels. IGN is the worst by a very, very wide margin.
>>
>>94435504
Can't tell. I heard that the music industry isn’t doing great either so it might be.

How the gaming industry is doing?
>>
>>94435504
No

>>94435515
Does Kotaku review video games or do they only do opinion pieces and, maybe every once in a while, news?
>>
>>94435491
I think you're forgetting about the Sony part of Sony Pictures. Worst case scenario Sony sells off the entire division piecemeal or fires everyone and restructures from the ground up.
>>
>>94435533
I honestly forgot about Kotaku and Polygon entirely until just now.
>>
>>94435319
Marvel will crash hard.

DC might survive.
>>
>>94435463
>Stupid movies are simple movies and simple movies are easier to translate than high-concept movies.

This. Spectacle, violence, and sex are damn near universal and don't require any kind of speaking.

Comedy (other than slapstick), drama, philosophy, and to a lesser extent romance and other things can be harder to translate across languages and cultures.

Just look at the Chinese stuff that's most popular in the US: pretty much all action and fighting all the time because nobody in the US wants a family drama about some people from some place they can't even pronounce dealing with cultural expectations they don't even know exists.
>>
>>94435532
>How the gaming industry is doing?
It's the only part of the Entertainment industry that keeps growing.
>>
File: 1501287214552.png (63KB, 427x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501287214552.png
63KB, 427x480px
>>94412344
So what's the actual consensus behind the film so far? Did it really bomb or did it sale just enough for them to pretend that their film was a success
>>
>>94435560
>>94435533
Also Destructoid, aka that site where some dumbass stuffed a joycon from a Switch up his ass and then published it as an article.
>>
>>94435633
Not enough time has passed for us to tell.
>>
>>94435614
How and why?
>>
>>94435319
>This makes me wonder, what will happen to the comic industry once the interest in cape movies die out?

DC and Marvel are done for since the film industry is what saved them from oblivion to begin with.

Indie comics will adopt the survival technique of novels and struggle along in the hopes they'll get picked up for a TV/movie adaptation.
>>
>>94412732
I don't know shit about videogames but it can't be worse than that site that had a gameplay of Doom where the guy couldn't even aim properly
>>
>>94435689
How do you get an indie comic published in this day and age anyway?
>>
>>94435658

Because it's one of the younger parts of the entertainment industry, which gives it more room to grow.
>>
>>94435636
Then he got fired and it turns out he'd been working without pay for awhile too.
>>
>>94435714
>>How do you get an indie comic published in this day and age anyway?

By being very lucky and finding investors who think it has the potential to make a good TV/movie adaptation.
>>
>>94435633
It had a "Promising" opening weekend. It actually dipped between Fri and Sat, though, which is unusual for a kids film. It'll break even, domestically, probably. China will save it, as usual, and things will keep chugging along.

Until the Milf Virgin Mary movie comes out.
>>
>>94435743
Or an anime adaptation if in Japan.
>>
>>94435714
Internet.
>>
File: 9e1.png (604KB, 700x947px) Image search: [Google]
9e1.png
604KB, 700x947px
hullo, visiting from /o/ and /bant/

dude rotten tomatoes a shit

my dad and I decided to see arrival because it had a higher score than dr strange......I regret doing so even to this day

also I actually went and saw emoji movie (only because it had no sauces on exodus) isn't even that bad, it's just par with most mid range kids animated films as of late.....personally I give it a 6/10
>>
>>94435879
>$0.01 has been deposited into your account. :^)
>>
>>94435633
It's on track to make a profit, but it's going pretty slow considering it's low production budget
>>
File: prod04-thumb-320x177.jpg (45KB, 320x177px) Image search: [Google]
prod04-thumb-320x177.jpg
45KB, 320x177px
>>94429843
I have an idea. we'll combine the my horsies or whatever their called with the Fidget spinners. "Horsies meet the Fidget Spinners: The Movie" It'll be so bad nobody will question where the money went!
>>
>>94435633
It'll probably make back its production budget but not its marketing one.
>>
>>94412732
>He never saw the Isolation review.
>>
>>94435879
dude why do you have to shit talk /o/ like that
>>
>>94435958
Yes, but we need to completely ensure total failure as far as casting the main horsie and director. Who are the worst possible people for those roles?
>>
>>94435967

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=theemojimovie.htm

Unless international markets end up loving it, this is likely its ultimate fate.

I can see TEM reaching 60-65 million stateside, but nothing more.
>>
>>94435879
oh man yeah keep talking nice words about this bad film to change my mind on it while I masturbate to your image hmm yes
>>
>>94418233
Ha, no.

>Every couple of hundred years, a comet flies by Earth, leaving in its wake a parasite that descends on a farm and infects the fruit. The infected fruit then search for a human host. The only thing keeping humanity from certain doom is a secret society of ninjas who kill the fruit and rescue the hosts by administering the ‘‘anti-fruit.’’ The produce-slaying saviors are recruited from the population based on their skill with the Fruit Ninja game. With civilization in imminent danger, a cadre of unlikely heroes materializes — a little boy, a college-age girl, two average guys. The action starts after each of the story’s heroes returns home after a horrible day and plays Fruit Ninja to relieve some stress.

www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/magazine/why-hollywood-is-trying-to-turn-everything-into-movies-even-mindless-games-like-fruit-ninja.html
>>
>>94435900
is sony even that patrician enough that they mention /bant/ and ballsy enough mention the name of intellectual property owned by disney, the literal nazis of copyright?

I'm pretty sure sony wouldn't want shadman associated with their kids movie

they definitely wouldn't want me promoting if I expressed what I truly wanted to such as
>nigger bitch twat faglord shit cunt
>moto z force>xperia z5
>ath m50x>mdr v6

also,
t. hasn't seen emoji movie yet

>>94436051
I wasn't

but honestly it's been shit for a while and horrible drivers constantly crashing corvettes at the 24 hours of lemans is not helping either

>>94436172
ffs just watch it and form your own independent opinion......there's bound to be a Torrent of it somewhere
>>
>>94412344
Hollywood is part of the old media and hates the new media, that is much less controlled due to the widespread aspect of the Internet. I almost feel sorry for Tomatoes. If they hadn't given in by taking the money, next Hollywood would have found some ridiculous reason to sue them and disrupt their service.
>>
>>94436246
it's okay dude, we all gotta eat.
>>
File: 1462659109276.jpg (108KB, 680x546px) Image search: [Google]
1462659109276.jpg
108KB, 680x546px
>>94412344
>>
>>94413030
Lucky us, the only movie that was all political agenda and crap was Ghostbusters 2016, right?
Right?
There isn't another 3rd wave feminist call-the-internet-mysogynist film coming, is there?
>>
>>94436344
>Disney
>not Lawful Evil
>>
>>94413008
Full summary with screenshots. The author had to edit it down to 40 pictures, but the whole thing is trash.
http://www.funnyjunk.com/Emoji+movie+wall+of+text+rundown/funny-pictures/6352212/
>>
>>94412828
>>94420977
>Matthew McConaughey was the only good part
Are you crazy? His performance was awful. On papet, he was a cool guy but he didn't make me believe it. In my eyes, he just looked and acted like Dennis Reynolds with magic
>>
>>94436375
>>
>>94436471
Walt Disney's eternal copyright says hi.
>>
>>94436559
sure
>>
>>94436559
hi, how are you doing today?
>>
>>94435879
>didn't like Arrival
>an Emoji Movie apologist

It's easier to say "i have shit taste in movies"
>>
>>94412730
Shit was straight garbage man.
>>
>>94413156
Common Sense media (They don't actually review for quality, just for content. it's grey-haired old christian frumps who are purely looking for sex, naughty language, and other immoral content to downvote.
>"Positive messages, but colorful adventure is only "meh."
Since the characters here are just circles with faces on them, and they were just bored by it, they equate it with any other thing "acceptable for children to see" and give it a 3/5.

a spanish speaking reviewer gave the film 1.5/5, but his is listed as "fresh". How can it not be when you have an opening paragraph like:
>"This new animated film only seeks to exalt an indifferent, impersonal and cynical world in which we are led to believe that the best way to communicate is by sending and receiving clumsy little faces.
so, that should be a splat...

John Byrne from Ireland gave it a 2.5/5 with the quote
>"As animated children's films go, this one's pretty okay."
The whole review is indifferent. It's very Meh. He obviously doesn't care for kids films, and it sounds like he spent most of this one playing with his phone.

David Kaplan, of Kaplan Vs. Kaplan, gave it a positive text review, but it appears as if he's a contrarian?
>"The Emoji Movie" won't win any prizes for animation, but at least it's an adventurous idea that will appeal to a variety of people."
Kinda doubt all that there.

Uh, some guy named Juanma Fernandez Paris gave it a positive spanish language review
>"The small-scale achievements in this film are a model worthy of admiration; In terms of the balance that can be achieved between creativity and commercialization in a production that seeks to generate family entertainment."
I have no idea why he thinks making a 90 minute commercial is admirable, but the world takes all types.

Anyway, that's all the positive reviews!
>>
>>94412880
Even the Chinese don't want their shit. Transformers 5 was made a mockery over there.
>>
>>94433050
thing is: we really didn't *WANT* a repeat of the first movie... How is Blue Collar Supernatural Exterminators so hard for them to make?
>>
File: 1501871844298.jpg (37KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1501871844298.jpg
37KB, 500x501px
>>94412344
>They also want to do Fruit Ninja next.
No, please no.
What's next, "The Diner Dash Movie"? Or how about Clash of Clans or Snapchat Movie. Better yet, obtained movies like Love Live: School Idol Festival Movie or The Simpsons Tapped Out Movie?
Don't even do this shit again.
>>
>>94412914
Fuck off. BvS was trash.
>>
>>94427076
This is incredibly lazy, they only need like 10 extras at most to copy-paste fill that army without having duplicates being obviously visible. At least, they could have had more than 1.
>>
>>94415622
He's a fucking troll.
>>
>>94415947
They're making a 6th. Davy Jones is coming back.
>>
>>94436752
>Clash of Clans movie

What terrifies me is that out of all the apps you posted, this one not only sounds plausible, but likely.
>>
File: 619.png.cf.png (78KB, 680x335px) Image search: [Google]
619.png.cf.png
78KB, 680x335px
>>94412732
>7.8/10, too much water
>LOZ:BOTW getting a 10/10
IGN has been cancer for a while, sweetie.
>>
>>94417647
I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna see it just because of the cast.
>>
File: Ign sucks.png (502KB, 961x915px) Image search: [Google]
Ign sucks.png
502KB, 961x915px
>>94412732
>>
>>94437235
This is correct, tho...
>>
>>94434977
>China has a growing population of 1 billion, and a massive emerging middle class. These people have discretionary income.
>China is culture and entertainment starved,the communist government of old destroyed most of the native culture because, communism does shit like that.
>So, China's government will sometimes permit films that don't have "unacceptable themes" into chinese theatres, where a FUCKING BILLION people will go see them.
>>
>>94437266
No, look at the systems. The Wii/PS2 version was undeniably garbage. I mean the PS3/360 version wasn't great but COME ON.
>>
>>94436063
Chris Chan in his/her film debut.
>>
>>94437293
Nintendo bonus

>>94437266
Nintendofag
>>
>>94437293
Except it wasn't? The Wii/PS2 version ditched the tedious hub worlds and streamlined the levels; none of the half-hour bullshit like in the PS3 version.

They also sped up Werehog Sonic's run speed a lot more so he could traverse the night stages quickly.

Wii/PS2 version is generally considered superior because of this.
>>
>>94437425
The wii/ps2 levels had no content. They were empty wastelands where you could go for 15 seconds at max speed without seeing anything.
>>
>>94437450
At least it only took 15 seconds to get to them.
>>
>>94437495
Still doesn't excuse the difference in graphics and sound scores.
>>
>>94436375
Might put all companies there as well
>>
>>94437537
What, you mean the lack of the Failure music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODLkaF8F-Y
>>
>>94437610
To be fair that shit was great.
>>
>>94418048
Oh yeah I remember reading an article about that. I think he broke down and screamed "I can't do this anymore!"
>>
>>94433934
>going to jail for a civil infraction
>>
With just the concept of an emoji movie, was there ever even a possibility of it being good? Could someone write a different movie plot based on emojis and have it be a good movie?
>>
>>94438278
With just the concept of an emoji movie, and modern Hollywood in general, the concern is not whether it will be good, but will it make money.
>>
>>94436752
They did a battleships movie.

There is no bottom.
>>
>>94438468
Sorry, but Emoji Movie takes the bottom from Battleship.
>>
>>94437425
>Wii/PS2 version is generally considered superior because of this.
On what fucking planet?
>>
>>94433934
Fake and gay. You can't be thrown in jail for a contract violation, at worst you can be held liable for the cost of the thing you received, which in this case was a pre-screening. I sincerely doubt they could do even that. If someone told you they can throw you in jail for breaking their review embargo they are a fucking liar. assuming you're actually a critic, you fucking liar faggot
>>
>>94439434
Seconding this. You get sued for damages in a civil court but breech of contract is not an actual criminal offense.
>>
>>94418298
yet again this gay asshole proves that he is not a real actor
>>
>>94437235
The wii version removed the wandering the city to find each asshole to progress the story and instead just does text screens between the levels. For the shit show that the game is anything to make it quicker is by far better
>>
>>94437330
Anon we're trying to kill any possible success not the audience here
>>
>>94417695
I was thinking about the Rock recently and I'm willing to bet in hindsight his movie career will be very disappointing. I thought he was gonna be a modern day Ahnold but fast and furious sequels will probably end up being his best movies. What else will there be?
>>
>>94441479
Looking at Ahnold Track Record he's pretty much a Modern Day Ahnold.

Now we want the NEXT Ahnold that'll have to be is half breed son. Who's got his fathers roid genes and not that faggy twink with the hit and miss genes.
>>
>>94441479
He did pretty good in Moana.
>>
>>94441610
He's good and very personable. One of the reasons he's been the highest paid actor many years regardless the reception of the final product.
>>
>>94432391
>filter, you faggot
>>
>>94441783
Lots of professional wrestlers tend to be...well...professional.

It's also probably one of the reasons he was initially cast as a Face.
>>
>>94433743
you robbed a sperm bank because you're a sperm gargling faggot

put the collectors edition of this film inside your anus and give birth backwards
>>
>>94436984
Except Gen 3 really did have too many HMs. They should've merged Waterfall, Surf, and Dive into 1 move.
>>
>>94412828
>>94412786
It's a sequel to the books.
>>
>>94436367

It could have been Wonderwoman, had the movie not turn out to be decent.
>>
File: shadman posted.jpg (110KB, 605x710px) Image search: [Google]
shadman posted.jpg
110KB, 605x710px
>>94435879
>>
Maybe they should try making non-shitty movies instead of worrying about bad reviews
>>
>>94439434
>t. Knows-nothing-about-the-industry-man
Laws only exist to make the right people more money
>>
>>94413415
Let it die and we can feed of its corpse like vultures.
>>
>>94436984
>too much water is an actual complaint many people had about gen 3
>when IGN says it, it doesn't count anymore and becomes a meme
For what reason?
>>
>>94412710
Armond's the ultimate contrarian, not really a corporate sellout
>>
>>94412344

>tl;dr, Sony kept reviews for the shitty emoji movie from hitting until hours before the movie came out. They did so to swipe cash from moviegoers before they learned that the movie was shit. And they are eager to continue doing this.

That's almost genius really. I mean if you can't tell the emoji movie was gonna be shit without a review you're fucking stupid.

Did they do it with Spider-Man? That might explain how it didn't flop even harder.
>>
>>94437235
Both versions succeed in what the other one failed.

I personally prefer the Wii/PS2 version out of nostalgia but almost every other Unleashedfag I know prefers the 360/PS3 version, even to the point of acting the other version is the worst Sonic game ever made.
>>
>>94431580
>First name on that book is Fatty Arbuckle

I hope that story is about how hard the yellow journalism of the day screwed him and not about him 'raping a girl to death with his fat' using those same papers as the source.
>>
>>94429296
Ah, the casting makes sense now.

I wish I was being a smart ass, but these instances are becoming too obvious at this point.
>>
>>94436217
That's so fucking stupid.
>>
File: wallace.gif (401KB, 336x256px) Image search: [Google]
wallace.gif
401KB, 336x256px
>>94436217
Is this for real? Have I died and gone to hell?
>>
>>94413030
>let's just smash all the books together and fuck if it's a good movie because we got ourselves a nigger franchise here with Stephen King hawking it everyone will go see it
>wait why is it failing?
Same reason Ghostbusters tanked.
>>
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darktower.htm

We'll learn about DT's box office haul soon.
>>
File: 1398397459893.png (246KB, 391x327px) Image search: [Google]
1398397459893.png
246KB, 391x327px
>>94436217
I'd make a joke here about the worst timeline or there being no return from this low but this is just too fucking dumb for me to post about it ironically. Fucking dumb.
>>
File: outta here.gif (613KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
outta here.gif
613KB, 295x221px
>>94436344

>disney
> _____ good

pick one.
>>
>>94412344

>critics patting themselves on the backs wanting to give themselves credit for movies they don't like failing

Please, Suicide Squad was a huge hit. General audiences don't give a fuck what critics think, critics just want to give themselves credit when box office performance just happens to coincide with their reviews. The only people who care about reviews are internet image board and message board users who use them for shitposting purposes.
>>
>>94436217
>www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/magazine/why-hollywood-is-trying-to-turn-everything-into-movies-even-mindless-games-like-fruit-ninja.html

While reading this, I couldn't help but think "Are these people high?!" And upon further reading, it flat out says that, yes, yes they are.
>>
>>94418298
This is the true power of a wizard
The greatest curse.
>>
>>94418298
>>94450135
>Gandalf achieves CHIM
>>
>>94449604
But people don't really talk about Suicide Squad anymore. It faded after the movie came out and now is a subject of ridicule.

It had no staying power unlike a good movie like The Avengers or Dark Knight.
>>
>>94438550
Battleship could've been good if they set it during World War II & not modern day with aliens.
>>
>>94450558
But then there'd be too much WWII Naval Kino to compete with.
>>
>>94436752
Did people already forgot about the angry birds movie?

>>94436217
As if all the updates butchering the fruit ninja franchies wasn't enough this came along.
I still have an older version of fruit ninja on my phone for nostalgia, I was addicted to that shit for a few weeks trying to get all the achievements back when it first came out
>>
>>94423138
Gay
>>
>>94450558
Blame Hasjew for wanting more Bayformers-audience money.
Thread posts: 492
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.