[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Come up with a new origin story for...DOOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I think we can all agree Doom's origin in the 1610 is one of the hardest to adapt in today's world, since it's a product of the 60s. Whereas the F4's space shuttle can be free from the Cold War era or Stark can be in Afghanistan instead of Vietnam, Doom's can't be altered.

And apart from that, every other origin we have of him is bogus as well. In the Ultimate-Verse he's a laughable "Dracula V2" guy with 0 depth, and Doom 2099 is literally mainstream Doom. Every other AU just follows the 616 story.

So, get to working /co/. Come up with a new origin so that Fox can put it in the movie.

Kidding aside, I liked the one from this fan-film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXVJfBnG0bw&t=602s&ab_channel=IvanKander
>>
You mean 616? 1610 is ultimate and I'd from the 2000s
>>
>>94406130

Like everything else in Marvel, swap in Tony in place of some other character (in this case, Reed) and have the two be roommates in college. Doom's face is scarred from Tony's early arc reactor experiments.

If staying within the FF mythos, I'd make him an actual member of the family so there would be concern in the FF of how to return the lost sheep into their fold, the prodigal son. Reed, Doom, and Ben are brothers. Forget the latvarian stuff other than maybe Doom taking over some small country as the first step of his world conquering plans.
>>
>>94406130
Doom survived the apocalypse that was doom world and seeded himself through every version of the multi-verse that Franklin has conceived of so far.

he literally came into existence by willpower alone and his only drive is regaining the strength he held as a god; only this time he intends to rule over the entire multi-verse rather than a mere planet made of left overs.
>>
>>94407118
Yeah, I meant to say 616 in the first line. I talk about 1610 later.

>>94407475
I was talking about remaking the origin for the Fox-Movie, so any MCU stuff are thrown out of the window.

As for the "brothers" idea, there was that red-herring about Nathaniel Richards being both Reed's and Victor's dad, so I suppose you could do that. But Victor being an outsider and not a proper American was pretty important to his character.

I get what you're going with, but it'd make things bit too dull in the long run.

>>94407509
Well, Doom already is in the main MU,so... This thread is more about revising his origin for the movie adaptation.
>>
>>94406130
I thought Ult Reed Richards was the Doom of the ultimate universe. I mean, the story where he becomes a villain is literally called ultimate doom.

The origin could work. Super smart genius keeps inventing cool world changing shit, but eventually realizes that none of it actually changes the world because the people in power suck (also, he gets cucked). He decides to take over the world because he believes he is the only one smart enough to rule it. Seems pretty doom-y to me, especially the cucking part.
>>
People like you are why comic movies are so bad.
>>
>>94408301
Nah, it's the people that allow idiots like us to direct movies that are to blame.
>>
>>94408301
So I guess the F4 origin should have the Cold War going on in the 2010s, Iron Man should have Vietnam in the 2008s, etc, etc. Just because something is printed first doesn't mean it's perfect.
>>
>>94407823
There's already an Ult!Doom, but I get your point. Ultimate Doom was the name of the Reed-goes-evil arc anyway.
>>
>>94408360
You make the fewest amount of changes needed to make it fit.

I really don't even understand what you're talking about, nothing in Doom's origin is connected to historical events, all it requires is that Doom and Richards went to college together.
>>
>>94408772
>Eastern European Baron & Royalty
>Gypsies in Caravans
>American Scout visiting the Balkans of all places

Still think there are no problems in the 616 origin?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.