[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What literally KILLED Kids WB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 19

File: Kids_WB_Logo.png (631KB, 1019x753px) Image search: [Google]
Kids_WB_Logo.png
631KB, 1019x753px
What literally KILLED Kids WB?
>>
>>94405679
Hank Hill and Silver Surfer
>>
>>94405679
Generally speaking, stuff with "Kids" in it's name is often shortlived
>>
>>94405679
the wb shut down
>>
home video, Nick/CN, the internet, video games
>>
Pokemon.
>>
>>94405679
Kids don't watch Saturday morning cartoons anymore I guess

I remember watching the weekday afternoon block after school though
>>
>>94405780
This. Pokemon was such a hit that it paved the way for KidsWB to start cutting costs and corners by just licensing and localizing anime. Things eventually just kinda dwindled and died a slow death thanks to other changes.

It's like how Fox Kids went through a death via 4kids and the FoxBox.
>>
>>94405853
>>94405780
These anons are correct.
>>
>>94405780
I'd argue that taking Pokemon out of the block was what killed Kids WB, as they had built much of their programming around the series that when it was plucked away, they were like a headless chicken.
>>
>>94405780
Kek, no.

Pokemon gave them boatlodes of cash and a ton of viewers same with Yugioh. What really killed them was growing too dependent of cheap shows and the falling quality of the shows they made themselves. They were already on their death bed when they became Vortex and were playing DBZ reruns along side Spectacular Spiderman. The day Johnny Test premiered back to back with Coconut Fred was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>94405679
It was not a life form.

Therefore nothing literally killed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xLLfvZhNoY
>>
>>94405942
>I'd argue that taking Pokemon out of the block was what killed Kids WB
They were already deep into 3rd gen, and at that point Pokemon had already stopped being the powerhouse that it once was.
>>
Well the WB doesn't exist anymore.

So there's that.
>>
I think we cal all agree that from around 98 to 02 was the high point of Kids WB.

On the other hand, it's much harder to pin down the turn high point for Fox Kids, but I'd say it would be either sometime before Kids WB became a powerhouse or the day the Digimon movie came out.
>>
Kids stopped watching cartoons on broadcast TV.
>>
>>94406078
Kids WB stuck around for years after the WB became the CW and they killed the frog.

>TFW you remember the commercials promoting the change showing teen girls talking about it
>TFW you agreed with the one who said that she missed the frog in a disappointed voice
>>
>>94406159
It didn't help that the shows they had weren't worth watching.

It gets under my skin that they stopped the after school cartoon block. Sure I get that some kids would sleep in on Saturday, but the block from 3 to 5 was perfect.
>>
>>94405946

Kids WB ended in 2008. Vortex was, like, 2013 or so
>>
>>94405780
It's the exact opposite. Most other Saturday morning blocks either died in the early 00s or rebranded to only airing reruns of cable shows. The only two that managed to last until the late 00s were KidsWB and 4kids.tv. Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh were the main reason those two managed to outlast all of the others. KidsWB likely would have died in 2002-ish otherwise.
>>
These kinds of cartoon blocks pretty much went obsolete since we got channels like Cartoon Network.
>>
>>94406112
>would be either sometime before Kids WB became a powerhouse or the day the Digimon movie came out

so '98 to '01?
>>
4kids-dubbed anime
>>
>>94406161

Michigan J. Frog is our guy.
>>
>>94405679
>>
By the time Kids WB ended in May 2008
here is what they were airing

Skunk Fu!
Tom and Jerry Tales
The Spectacular Spider-Man
World of Quest
Johnny Test
Eon Kid
>>
>>94406634
They also aired Will and Dewitt and Magi-Nation at that time
>>
>>94406219
September 2014
>>
liberals demand for e/I programming killed it
>>
>>94406706
Wasn't too far off! Thank you
>>
>>94405679
Well it wasn't alive so nothing "literally" killed it retard
>>
>>94405971
>>94406877
Autism
>>
>>94405853
Didn't Fox Kids eventually transform into Disney XD?
>>
>>94407502
Only in the UK.
>>
I looked up the Saturday morning schedule for the CW. They don't even air e/i stuff anymore. It's all Paid Programming.
>>
>>94405727
This

No kid wants to be reminded that he's getting pussy baby tv
>>
Was Spectacular Spider-Man good, or was it shit?
>>
Short answer, big government.

Long answer, congress passed a new law that required all broadcast networks to either air a minimum amount of educational programming or stop airing children's programming altogether. Since education programming has always been a ratings black hole, the networks decided it would be better to just abandon their children's programming blocks than it would be to waste valuable airtime on shows no one will ever watch. Even filling those timeslots with infomercials would at least generate SOME revenue.
>>
>>94409408
Trump is getting rid of this due to net streaming and that more and more people already have cable now of day then in the late 90s so theres that.
>>
A variety of reasons.

One of which were FCC guidelines that required any children's programming to be educational

Competition from dedicated children's networks on cable like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon

Increasing coats in animation considering flash wasn't around at the time

Overall lack of interest from children. Games and internet were starting to takeover a niche previously owned by cartoons and toys
>>
>>94405679
Cable an streaming. But was anything better than waking up at 5:30 just to watch cartoons?
>>
>>94409408
>congress passed a new law that required all broadcast networks to either air a minimum amount of educational programming or stop airing children's programming altogether.
This is the kind of meddlesome retardation that makes me not want to support the FCC having any kind of regulatory power of the internet.
>>
>>94408320
Children's programming on national television is pretty much dead now. I think only ABC has a small kids block now
>>
>>94406161
They even had a contest during the transition period calling for girls to audition for a shitty girls show called cheetah girls
>>
>>94409475
Probably far too late to resurrect children's programming blocks on broadcast networks, but I can appreciate the gesture on a symbolic level at least.
>>
Pokemon being taken away was a massive reason I stopped caring, but then Yu-Gi-Oh moving on to Cartoon Network with GX was the final real nail in the coffin. Then it was just a shamble of its own self with Johnny Test being their mainstay.
>>
>>94405797
I remember there being a network in my area that had nothing going for it BUT after school and Saturday morning cartoons and they had the only after school cartoon block that ran past 6pm. They had the starship troopers series, mummies alive, Roswell conspiracies, monster rancher, ect
>>
>>94409718
Sounds like a UPN affiliate.
>>
>>94409408
Shows like Magic School Bus and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego were GOAT though. The problem had a workaround but networks didn't want to put in the effort
>>
>>94409837
It wasn't UPN at least not in my area. The channel was WADL Detroit and they had a 4kids animation black that ran from 2-7 on weekdays and 7-3 on Saturday. Good times
>>
File: bogs.jpg (120KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
bogs.jpg
120KB, 500x697px
They didn't use pic related to his full potential.
>>
>>94409849
Magic School Bus only stays on the air because PBS is funded by the government and donations from wealthy patrons.

Other networks have to actually EARN their money.
>>
>>94409908
>Detroit.
My man.

You're talking about channel 38, right? I remember watching The Magic School Bus and Archie's Weird Mysteroes (sometimes Liberty Kids or Sherlock Holmes in the 27th Century if I woke up early) before watching Fox Kids on that channel. On Fox Kids I'd watch Power Rangers (before they moved it to ABC's Disney's One Saturday Morning over on channel 7), the first two Digimon series, with maybe a little bit of Digimon Tamers and some other anime I can't remember. After that they had Fox Box and 4KidsTV before changing the block from Saturday to Sunday. Man, them having a block on Sundays was a blessing. It wasn't always the best stuff but it was way better than nothing, or even worse, the Christian cartoons that would play on some grainy channel.

I remember for some time UPN had an after school cartoon block. All I can remember it having are Recess, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Digimon Tamers and Digimon Frontier.
>>
>>94405679
Full-time cartoon channels.
>>
>>94405679
One of the reasons for it dying off was because they couldn't have KidsWB competing with sister network CN
>>
>>94405709

>never saw this bumper mentioned anywhere
>someone posts it on twitter like two weeks ago
>now everyone's talking about it

why
>>
>>94409408
E/I was never that big of a deal, given how damn loose the requirements for an E/I show were. I remember The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Disney's Doug both qualifying.
>>
>>94410700
i remembered a whole block with Hank talking to other cartoon characters. Why Silver Surfer the only one that's archived?
>>
>>94406634
Spectacular Spiderman is so good that it's totally worth keeping all that other shit around just so it can keep airing.
>>
>>94409908
That was a local affiliate. Those pop up in a few areas and generally have lineups consisting entirely of whatever syndication they can get cheap. I also lived in Michigan, Kalamazoo area, and I remember we briefly had one that aired a bunch of random cartoons like The Flinstones and the 80s Littliest Pet Shop.
>>
>>94405679
Cable and then the internet took their viewers. Then 4kids took over and shit all over Fox then moved to WB, leaving Fox Saturday mornings to commercials. Once 4kids got caught fucking with taxes WB made Vortexx, and while it was a hell of a lot better it didn't last very long and was the last Saturday morning block.

They played the episode of DBZ Kai where Goku kills Frieza and "dies" on an exploding planet Namek, which I thought was funny.
>>
>>94406197
Yeah, killing afterschool cartoons was a bad idea. Especially with cable's ever increasing prices.
>>
>>94410094
Yeah bro channel 38 was great. I pretty much lived for Starship Troopers after school and Roswell conspiracies on Saturdays. That block on UPN that you're thinking about was Disney's One Two, a spin off block of their One Saturday Morning animation block. Never cared for it personally, only thing I liked was The Monkey Boys
>>
>>94405709
I'm a trendsetter mother fucker
>>
>>94407365

Maybe so but literally is literally the most over-used word on this board that hasn't been word-filtered yet.
>>
>>94410094
Welcome fellow Michigander!
Anyway This! TV is trying to bring back weekday and weekend cartoons with kidsclick.tv and they're giving the FCC the middle finger by not having the E/I brand in their lineup
>>
>>94406307
>Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh were the main reason those two managed to outlast all of the others
And when they lost those it was Sonic X
>>
>>94406112
When they got Power Rangers
>>
>>94411415
Yeah, Power Rangers and Digimon were clearly the strongest shows on Fox Kids.
>>
Digimon and Power Rangers
>>
>>94405679
Same thing that killed Saturday morning cartoons: Dedicated cartoon networks like Cartoon Network.
>>
Dedicated cartoon channels. When you can watch cartoons whenever, what makes Saturday morning special?
>>
>>94410824
>Littliest Pet Shop

*Littlest Pet Shop
>>
>>94406716
Yeah those damn liberals, causing all the problems in the whole world
>>
>>94405679
>mfw Kids WB is still on in Australia
It's literally on right this second. Bumpers and all.
>>
>>94410094
>Mysteroes
>>
>>94405679
nine eleven
>>
>>94406634
I thought World of Quest and Eon Kid was good
>>
File: 1492873760312.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
1492873760312.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>Kids will never experience Saturday Morning cartoons ever again
>That feel when you had to flip between 3 channels to catch all the premiers of the shows you watched.
>>
>>94405756
no, it merged with UPN.

and you're wrong anyways, it died well before then. >>94405780 is correct, according to Tom Ruegger

source from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4ehhxz/iama_tom_ruegger_creator_of_animaniacs_ama/d20ae1u/
>>
>>94405853
Moreso, relying on licensed anime also meant killing the WB brand identity in a way. Kid's WB's whole gimmick was making their block feel like a shared universe. Something like their sister Time warner network, cartoon Network, did. Having comedy, western action, and anime all felt balanced; they could have enough control to do the clips in between shows using the actual voice actors, even if the shows were done by different companies. Its silly, but stuff like seeing Batman singlike Jigglypuff gives a block an identity. Thats why people still obsess over toonami even though it was just edited anime with mediocre dubs.

Once WB animation started dwindling down from the Spielberg era, and they relied on more Flash cartoons from Canada, they lost a sense of identity. They weren't Kid's "WB" anymore.
>>
>>94409596
Not even abc. They dropped their stuff in 2010/2011 or so. There is kidsclick on syndication, with older shows and stuff never before seen in america
>>
>>94409408
Well this explains why they made Magi-Nation an E/I show. I loved the video game and card game as a kid. When they finally did make the cartoon show like they always wanted it was horrible because of all the educational stuff they where just forcing into it.
>>
File: kidsclick.png (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kidsclick.png
102KB, 1280x720px
>>94416140
Saturday Morning Cartoons are back
the lineup is kinda ass
but its still better than nothing i guess
>>
>>94409596
PBS Kids is still going on, right?
>>
File: jaden.png (467KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jaden.png
467KB, 640x480px
>>94410878
4kids made Yugioh GX end with Jaden dying, half the cast dead and the other half trapped in the hell dimension
>>
>>94416743
>PBS Kids is still going on, right?
I'm willing to bet that's where they get most of their funding. No way that'll ever die, but it'll never be for an audience above 3rd grade.
>>
>>94416342
What is this?
What channel/network?
>>
>>94417111
its early morning cartoons on weekdays
and weekend morning cartoons

its on the CW
>>
>>94417111
It's on sinclair owned stations. If worst comes to worst and your local nbc/cbs/cw/my network tv doesnt have it, try thistv, the national affiliate for the block.
>>
File: lp.png (20KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
lp.png
20KB, 430x600px
>>94417169
Huh, it's kind of hard to tell what's playing since TV guide only says "local programing"
>>
>>94416342
http://kidsclicktv.com/schedule
It could definitely be worse
>>
>>94405679
4Kids stopped dubbing Pokémon in 2006 and the the episodes started sounding like total shit and cringeworthy.

I gave up on watching Pokémon regularly back in 2006 but didn't completely abandon it until August 2010 when DP ended.

Ash's brain "resetting" and pikachu losing to a snivy is what finally did it for me.

But I'll always look back fondly on waking up every Saturday morning at 8:30 and watching the latest Pokémon. Priceless memories.
>>
>>94417753
>pikachu losing to a snivy
Oh good, I'm not the only one, I picked up the series later down the road but that shit was stupid.
>>
>>94405780
>>94405853
>>94405942
I remember when they lost the airing rights to Pokemon and they got so butthurt over it, they refused to release the rights to the older episodes. That was when it ended. But fuck them, they ended up forcing a bunch of edits on some of the anime series they got a hold of. I dropped the fuck out of it after Xiaolin Showdown ended.
>>
>>94409408
that law was passed in 1990, though.
>>
>>94417169
>>94417394
he's lying. it depends on where you live. go to the kidsclick website to find out. in my area it plays on thistv. i tried watching it the first day and from the get go 2 things ruined it. 1, it's in SD only and incredibly shit quality. 2, they fucked up and played angry birds toons when ladybug was supposed to air. and i mean the exact same angry birds cartoons they just aired on that same day right then. halfway through it changed to ladybug but only half the episode was shown due to the previous fuck up.

honestly, i doubt kidsclick will last at all
>>
>>94412356
And now with kids watching cartoons on Netflix/Hulu/on demand, there's no point in getting out of bed on a Saturday morning.
>>
>>94405679
You did
>>
>>94416804
What? why? that's kinda a shitty conclusion for a kids card game.
>>
>>94416951
I've heard this on PBS so many times its hard to now what the station without hearing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TexDW6nEhgU
>>
>>94421917
They were dragging their asses for so long that they skipped season 4 for 5D's. 5D's also skipped its last arc, and the last episode that aired was heavily edited. The dub has been so far behind the TCG that I wonder why they bother.
>>
>>94421917
The reason 4Kids (and now, 4K Media) stopped producing episodes of YGO is that they had absolutely no way to properly censor the amount of shit that was about to go down. GX alone was starting to get to the part where Judai goes full-evil and attempts to actively kill someone, O'Brien being tormented by his dead mom for not saving her over his father when the three of them were in a burning wreck, not to mention the Jewish wedding ceremony where Yubel fuses herself to Judai for all eternity. Plus Yubel herself is a soccer mom's worst nightmare.

5D's similarly was cut short before the Arc Cradle arc because it involved human genocide by a robot army that went berserk due to Momentum becoming corrupted by humanity's evil and Yusei's technological apotheosis to become God.

ZEXAL had to air the remainder of its episodes over Hulu because kids' programming wasn't pulling in any views... Not only that, the ZEXAL dub is horrendously atrocious except for the last line at the very last episode when Kotori shrieks "I'M GAGAGA FOR YOU" which was a good heartboner moment.

I don't know what the state of Arc-V is, nor do I care, because I think it's absolutely atrocious that Matt Shipman and Mike Crouch are going to get shafted SO FUCKING HARD once Xyz and Fusion arcs kick in.
>>
>>94422130
Damn didn't know they got that bad with their dubs last time I watched an anime on 4kids or whatever they go by now was Ultimate Muscle
>>
>>94422195
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upHaMuO4g6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRCyg6scRM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYUdTLFAwZ4
>>
>tfw you'll never be under 10 again, waking up at 6 am just to catch Digimon on Fox Kids, then switch over to Kids WB for Animaniacs and Batman all while begging your mom to wait 5 more minutes before taking you to shitty saturday morning soccer games

It makes me sad that my kids will probably not ever know this feel
>>
File: 0.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>94422220
Of all the things to turn a seedy bar into they chose a fast food restaurant.
>>
File: fox-kids.jpg (232KB, 760x450px) Image search: [Google]
fox-kids.jpg
232KB, 760x450px
I'd like to know what killed this. This shit was my childhood since I was to fucking poor to afford the cable before the WB went local.

Digimon anime >>>>>>>>>> Pokemon "anime"
>>
File: American cheese.jpg (236KB, 1768x1680px) Image search: [Google]
American cheese.jpg
236KB, 1768x1680px
>>94422220
>good old fashioned american cheese
>>
>>94422220
I like how both videos show the National Anthem mistake.
>>
File: 1492395192310.gif (685KB, 495x378px) Image search: [Google]
1492395192310.gif
685KB, 495x378px
>>94422322
Be a kid can't wait to see the conclusion of the current arc of your favorite shows on Fox Kids and the next new episodes you've been dying to see all week. Turn to the channel with your bowl of cereal nothings on some shitty infomercial is showing double check to see if its the right channel, maybe you over slept and missed everything, nope to early in the day check the tv guides nothing find out from your dad later that the station changed or went under and lost all their shows.
>>
>>94416220
>>
>>94422220
>I really want to receive your shoot, Tails-san
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>94422442
I'm pretty sure the became "Fox Box" for a short while before actually going under, but it was a quick decline at any rate.
>>
>>94422350
>american cheese
that shit don't melt. 20% cheese 80% plastic
>>
>>94422485
Yeah but a lot of shows ended up moving to other channels or was axed
>>
>>94422485
At least they pushed the censors for the final season of Digimon and Power Rangers they aired.
>>
File: carrey-inside.jpg (12KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
carrey-inside.jpg
12KB, 180x180px
>>94405971
>who...is...this...IMPOSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 4824l.jpg (89KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
4824l.jpg
89KB, 450x338px
>>94422322
I'm assuming they couldn't compete with Kids WB and Disney's One Saturday morning because they moved Fox Box over to Sundays before it turned into 4Kids TV and later got merged with Kids WB.

I still remember being totally shocked sitting in my basement on a Sunday morning and watching Shaman King and hearing Horohoro call Yoh a jackass.
>>
>>94422780
I'm still shocked they got away with that one shaman bringing back the corpse of his wife and then created the giant bone horror without censorship.
>>
>>94422780
>>94422851
Ultimate Muscle made jokes about Jews and child abuse.
>>
>>94422918
Not to mention the very first episode they kept the scene where Kid Muscle reads dirty magazines instead of doing his homework.
>>
Did anyone notice that Ultraman was dubbed back when you were a kid?

I had no idea it was until I was an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu9jkL4x4rA
>>
>>94423068
No, but Ultraman was the shit, especially his fighting game. Fuck GG for ruining it (thank you Arino for saving it)
>>
>>94423068
used to watch it saturday mornings as a kid. I thought it was like a solo power rangers but it got real dark every once in a while and I didn't understand why
>>
>>94423132
Ultraman is an alien symbiote that attached itself to a human host when it crash-landed on Earth after getting its shit kicked in while in outer space. It's dark because the villains it faces are all stronger than he is, but because humanity saved him he gives everything he's got to keep Earth safe.
>>
File: 2007Complete.jpg (930KB, 3335x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2007Complete.jpg
930KB, 3335x1200px
saturday morning cartoons died in general around 2007
>>
>>94406634
chaotic and Monster Allergies.
>>
>>94423212
>so desperate for your conspiracy that you list jimmy's head
>>
>>94423328
>live action shows on CARTOON network
>somehow didn't ruin the channel
>>
>>94423212
>no mention of the Boston Bomb Scare
>>
>>94423625
Yeah because that became such a recurring trend, right? Not like the schedule is 99% TTGO or anything.
>>
>>94405971
man, warburton was an unexpectedly brilliant lemony snicket
>>
>>94423697
>okay people hated when we tried something new
>lets just keep the cartoons that get the most reactions

It's why Adventure Time came up more than Ben 10, Mystery Inc., and the leftover shows from before CN real. It was a different style and more mature (for modern kids). Then TTG came and since it was different than the noddle arm/pastel coloured shows (Regular Show, AT, Problem Solverz, SU) people tuned into that more. CN saw this and airs TTG more than those.
>>
>>94422192
Troubles aside, I love how fucking cheesy Yuri's English voice is.
>>
>>94422192
Wasn't ARC V skipped?

I assumed no english dubs were made because no one wanted to continue anything after zexal.

The TCG would just keep going on with no anime influence because of the already established playerbase.
>>
>>94424140
That's funny, I fucking hate Yuri's voice. And Yugo's, and Yuto's, and Yuya's, and Roger's, and Reiji's, and...

You know, it's easier for me to say that the best voices are Yoko (MILF character with a MILF VA), Shun (I seriously hope Shipman gets a great career as a VA), Sawatari (Crouch nailed the assholish tone with the entertainment vibe we all thought Sawatari was going to get ONO YOU BASTARD), Sergei, and
FUCKING
NAKAJIMA
That guy needs to have his VA listed somewhere because hot-damn he'll turn you homosexual in 2.8 seconds, holy shit.

>>94424206
I fucking wish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvXMd9yNgs
>>
>>94424219
You're looking for Bryan Tyler. You'll never find him since he doesn't even have an IBMD page.
>>
>>94424219
I just looked it up and they're only on episode 101, they still have like 48 episodes left and link cards are in the tcg card pool completely changing the rules of the game.

That's got to be confusing as fuck for the kids when absolutely none of the shit they're watching is even semi-legal anymore.
>>
>>94423328
>so desperate for your conspiracy
What does this even mean?
>>
File: slut angel.jpg (89KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
slut angel.jpg
89KB, 459x600px
>>94424398
I don't mind, if it means I get first dibs on Blue-Balling Angel.
>>
File: i_was_gonna_eat_that.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
i_was_gonna_eat_that.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
The same thing that killed many other specific-day-based airing blocks: Competition between competing networks for the licensing of studios and production companies as soon as they were vulnerable in order to make powerful entertainment conglomerates no matter the cost (or lack of cost).

Also, the internet.
>>
File: 1489971100303.png (249KB, 370x564px) Image search: [Google]
1489971100303.png
249KB, 370x564px
>>94405679
I stopped watching TV in general in like 2003 so I don't know, lets see.
>The Kids' WB television block was discontinued on May 17, 2008, with its Saturday morning programming slot being sold to 4Kids Entertainment and replaced by successor block The CW4Kids.
Interesting, CW4Kids was apparently rebranded "Toonzai" and looking at it for a sec made me think it read "Too nazi"
That ended in 2012 when 4Kids went bankrupt which is a comforting piece of information and was replaced by "Vortexx" which was centered around Saban's shitty filth and ended in 2014 seemingly to
>comply with the educational programming requirements mandated by the FCC
The block is now One Magnificent Morning which appears to be live-action only and awful as would be the norm.

In conclusion the literal reason appears to be it's sale to 4kids.
But why they sold to 4kids is another matter.
>>
>>94424742
>lets see

*let's see
>>
>>94424398
>That's got to be confusing as fuck for the kids when absolutely none of the shit they're watching is even semi-legal anymore.

Attacking your own spells was a thing? The show has never given a fuck about the TCG rules.
>>
>>94406161
>tfw I missed WPIX when it changed to WB11
>>
Saturday Morning Blocks were just a vestige of the old times when there were maybe 2-4 channels in any given area for most people because cable was either unavailable or too expensive. Once cable/streaming became cheap and easy to get for the masses their fate was sealed.
>>
>>94423068
I know it was on The Fox Box for a short time
>>
File: 1476541904821.png (139KB, 420x580px) Image search: [Google]
1476541904821.png
139KB, 420x580px
>>94406716
Grr yeah darn those liberals! Totally wasn't the strict fun hating moms who demanded for educational programming or anything.
>>
>>94416220
The Hub did that shared world thing as well

As a matter of fact that may have started the Dan x Pink party equine ship
>>
Trying to make "Toonami Kids' WB" (or whatever they called their weird hybrid) was an idiotic mistake. Kids tuned in for "Toonami" and got Scooby-Doo, Pokemon and Rescue Heroes.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.