[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>There was a lot of hope for this pilot and it did not live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 17

File: 1494951922073.jpg (2MB, 1800x2396px) Image search: [Google]
1494951922073.jpg
2MB, 1800x2396px
>There was a lot of hope for this pilot and it did not live up to expectations. Not even a strong cast could breath life into the cringe worthy script they were given. There are some decent moments, but they are few and far between. For the most part this is a big miss for Marvel. There is still hope subsequent episodes can save the series, but the pilot is massively disappointing.
> Simply awful. I'm so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does. But this is absolutely terrible. The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren't that crash hot either. It's only saving grace is Lockjaw who is adorable. As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.
>>
>>94404076
Whats wrong with orange hairs ugly puffy face
>>
I thought Vin Diesel was marvels pick for Black Bolt?
>>
File: 1413002100281.jpg (82KB, 906x716px) Image search: [Google]
1413002100281.jpg
82KB, 906x716px
>>94404076
>There was a lot of hope for this pilot
Why would you have hope for any show Scott Buck is in charge of?
> I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.
I find it downright impossible to believe when Dexter season 8 exists.
>>
>>94404169
Given Perlmutter was in charge of production, you best believe it.
>>
File: BLACKEDagar Cuckagon.png (136KB, 189x259px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKEDagar Cuckagon.png
136KB, 189x259px
>>94404076

Who gives a shit? This crap was always going to suck. Soule's chokehold on the Inhumans is done, and now we have Ahmed's Black Bolt, Ewing's Royals, and soon Priest's Once and Future Kings.

This is a great time for the Inhumans.
>>
>>94404326
>This is a great time for the Inhumans.
Hahahaha. No one will buy those books, anon. The live action Inhumans will have poisoned the well and salted the earth by then.
>>
How do you even fuck up Maximus that bad? He looks retarded.
>>
>>94404326
Royals is cancelled
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 259x195px
>>94404076
hahahahahahaha
>>
Maybe Ike needs to learn that you get what you pay for.
>>
File: 1500995612682.jpg (148KB, 1024x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1500995612682.jpg
148KB, 1024x1555px
>>94404402
>How do you even fuck up Maximus that bad? He looks retarded.

You think that's bad. Look at Medusa's future design.
>>
>>94404165
Maybe back when it was going to be an actual movie.

It's like Shailene Woodley dropping out of the upcoming "Ascendant" TV series. Movies stars don't generally sign on to do television shows, at least not without planning ahead of time.
>>
>>94404456
>future
That's been her design for months. The only difference is that her hair is gray now.
>>
>>94404076
> I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.
Oh boy.
>>
Why was this rushed so hard?
>>
File: 1486435639357.png (135KB, 576x481px) Image search: [Google]
1486435639357.png
135KB, 576x481px
thanks ike
>>
>>94404076
How does Scott Buck keep getting work.
>>
>>94404326
Royals is cancelled. And the Inhumans push has be regulated as the Secret Warriors which is on the course of being dumped as well.

It's like Marvel knew they fucked up hard with the push but didn't want to admit it because Marvel.
>>
File: thisisfine.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>94404076
>people actually thought inhumans would catch on and overtake X-men
>>
>>94404570
That's one of the universe's biggest secrets
>>
>>94404570
One of great mysteries of the existance, what is life, why are we hear, who created the universe. And of course, why does Scott Buck keep getting work even though whatever he touches dies slowly and painfully.
>>
>>94404552
Perlmutter being Perlmutter. It's really fucking bizarre considering the movie wasn't even going to come out until 2019 under the original release schedule anyways. Why not take the extra year to two to make sure you do it right?
>>
>>94404766
Seeing how he and his toadies no longer have control over the MCU anymore. Yet they still get all the licensing and merch rights from all Marvel properties including X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot?
>>
The first pictures looked like shit, the trailer looked like shit, how could anyone go in not expecting it to be utter shit?
>>
>>94404076
>Shills finally understood that Marvel Television is not the same thing as Marvel Studios and they don't have to pretend to like it.

SORRY, IKE! Better ask the big guys how Disney does (((marketing)))
>>
>>94404165
That's always been Vin campaigning and fan casting
>>
File: ec42b29367ab241f5d50675d52d1d9bb.jpg (254KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ec42b29367ab241f5d50675d52d1d9bb.jpg
254KB, 1066x1600px
>>94404126
>Whats wrong with orange hairs ugly puffy face

They framed her face in the worst way possible for her features.
>>
>>94404815
Yeah, this could have been good, but it was so fucking rushed it's unbelievable. It getting taken off of the movies' release schedule, then announced, then release date given, then casting starting all happened within like a few fucking weeks of each other.

The only reason they got Scott Buck was because he was the first person they could get. Instead of waiting for a showrunner with some vision, they just asked Scott Buck while he was finishing up with Iron Fist "hey, while we got you, want to do this Inhumans thing?" They didn't even wait until Iron Fist was out to see the reception to make sure people actually liked his stuff.
>>
>The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren't that crash hot either.

so nothing has changed really
>>
File: BUCKED.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
BUCKED.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94404076
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>94404869
>then casting starting all happened within like a few fucking weeks of each other

Didn't Iron Fist get cast like a week before shooting too?

What is it with Scott Buck and giving the actors such little time to prepare.
>>
File: 1501789045336.jpg (386KB, 915x541px) Image search: [Google]
1501789045336.jpg
386KB, 915x541px
>>94404076
>Iron Fist panned
>GotG2 won't even beat BvS worldwide
>Legacy getting shit on
>MvCI getting shit on
>SM/IM hugely underperforming
>Inhumans laughed at in SDCC
>This
Incredible 2017 Marvel
>>
I'm so excited for Phase 5/6 when all the Marvel TV gets retconned and recast for the films. That or it crashes and Ike catches the blame
>>
>>94404165
That was back when it to was going to be a real movie.

Then it turned out Kevin Feige never wanted to do the movie in he first place and was being forced into to appease Ike, and once Ike was cut loose he dropped it like hot garbage
>>
>>94404920
>being excited for more trash movies
wew. I guess Feige probably pays his shills a lot higher than Perlmutter does.
>>
>>94404910
>>GotG2 won't even beat BvS worldwide

GotG2 made more money than the first and doesn't have 80+years of cultural momentum behind it.
>>
Im insulted on how half assed it all is really
>>
>>94404942

Call me contrarian, but I'm pretty sure at least one person likes the MCU films.
>>
>>94404946
>Before release: Batman and Superman are going to be beat by a fucking talking raccoon and tree. LMAO BASED MARVEL.
>After release: Well, it's Batman and Superman. You can't expecting a fucking talking raccoon and tree to beat them.
The amount of backtracking this year has been delicious.
>>
>>94404570
He's a yes man
>>
>>94404985

Who gives a shit about what people are collectively saying as a group?
>>
>>94404973
Not according to Spider-man: Homecoming's second week dropoff.
>>
Homecoming will break 700 mil this month with it's Japan opening and what's left of it's everywhere else BO, next month it has it's China opening and will probably finish close to 800 mil, maybe then this oh it's under performing! crap can die
>>
>all these X-drones hating on Inhumans

It's gonna be great.
>>
>>94404076
From who?
>>
>>94404910
>Inhumans laughed at in SDCC
Did a video of that ever surface? I'd love to see that.
>>
File: IMG_1941.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1941.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>94405086
Masturbate in a theater.
>>
The fact the movie was canned should've been enough of a warning sign.

Why didn't they just carry on with them on Agents of Shield. Or did they stop doing Inhuman stuff on that show.
>>
Fucking Anson Mount.. A wonderful actor being signed on to this shit of a show. He will be the only redeeming part of this show.
>>
>>94404885

Can it be 'Black Bolt speaking' pages time now, anon? Please?
>>
>>94405036

It made half a billion dollars anon.
At some point the success of a film stopped being about its critical and commercial reception and somehow became a dick measuring contest in comparison to other movies and I find that sad.
>>
>>94405064
>>all these X-drones hating on Inhumans
>It's gonna be great.

I don't think even you think that's true.
>>
File: really.png (260KB, 693x413px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
260KB, 693x413px
>>94404076
>>
>>94404076
>I generally love everything Marvel does
Why would I take this guy seriously?

I'm a Marvelfag and yet Jessica Jones was liquid shit, Iron Fist almost on the same level and Age of Ultron was a crapfest, not to mention the Thor movies
>>
>>94405064
Go home, Ike.
>>
>>94404076
If you listen closely, you can hear Kevin Feige laughing his ass off.
>>
>>94404857
> In the comics Medusa's hair is big and thick. This should make it relatively easy to do with CGI for most shots.

> They make Medusa's hair thin, making it invariably look shit.

The stupid that oozes off every decision they made on this show amazes me.
>>
>>94406057
I think he's too busy being depressed about Homecoming.
>>
>>94404878
Scott Buck trademarks.
>>
>>94404076
>>94404857
>>94406107
I feel so bad for her. She's clearly gorgeous but that whole costume doesn't flatter her in the least. That's not even going into how she's involved in this trainwreck.
>>
>>94404942
Kevin Feige is probably the smartest guy in the business. He's shrewd, learns from mistakes, and listens to people. He actually understands the appeal of Marvel characters, while Alonso and Brevoort clearly don't.

Ike and Buck are two of the dumbest fucks in the business.
>>
>>94404985
>Before release: Batman and Superman are going to make billions and kill the MCU for good!
>After release: Well, how good can Marvel be if they can't beat BvS with every movie?
>>
>>94405126

There's video of the panel but the footage is edited out because they werent allowed to record it, and so we cant see the reaction
>>
>>94405160

Sadly Agents of SHIELD may end up telling better Inhumans stories without any of the royal family Inhumans

No word on if the next season will have Inhumans plot. Actually we dont have any new info on the next season
>>
>>94404076
Those mutants must be terrified
>>
>>94406379
>Before release: Batman and Superman are going to kill the MCU for good!
>After release: A movie featuring Iron Man can't break a $400mil domestic and $1bil worldwide anymore.
HOLY SHIT IT HAPPENED! IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FOR MARBEL!
>>
File: Fuck_this_entire_room.gif (1MB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_this_entire_room.gif
1MB, 221x200px
>>94404869
At the very least, we can be happy that he was shitcanned off of Iron Fist.
Maybe S2 can actually be good overall and not carried hard by the Meachums' antics.
>>
>>94405052

its a flop, Marvelfriend, get over it.
>>
>>94406822
How did the Meachums end up being the only good thing from that show?
>>
>>94404889
>>94404889
Are people gonna let up on Finn Jones, now? I've heard people diss him over a rumour that he was lazy.(I was there in the thread and it was dispelled.) He only had three weeks to train, compare that to Charlie's months, plus his stunt double had a mask. Hope season 2 is much better under a different writer.
>>
File: punisher_121127.jpg (18KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
punisher_121127.jpg
18KB, 600x300px
>>94404920
Bernthal has earned his role as Punisher. Don't you dare suggest it be taken away.
>>
>>94406212
She's already responded to a hater on Twitter...
>>
>>94404570
People really liked that show Rome.
>>
>>94406637
It's funny because they actually did have a really good Inhuman's storyline with Skye and her batshit mom.
>>
>>94404815
>Isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot?

Do you not remember how Ike got into conflict with Stan Lee? And then tried to retaliate by ordering Marvel to remove the "Stan Lee Presents" tagline from the comics?
>>
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/09/nycc-15-inhumans-movie-cancelled-by-marvel-as-film-goes-to-war-with-tv/

October 9, 2015

>At New York Comic Con, it was announced that Marvel Studios would change the schedules of their first black solo lead and female solo lead films, Black Panther and Captain Marvel, to accommodate a new project, Ant Man And The Wasp.

>This seems like the first public sign of the new Marvel Studios, divorced from the rest of Marvel and reporting directly to Disney as part of a coup by Marvel movie boss Kevin Feige against Marvel CEO Isaac Perlmutter.

>The status of the planned Inhumans movie remained unchanged however, Publicly at least.

>In the New York bars last night I heard from other well connected sources that the second shoe dropping will be the move of the planned Inhumans movie off the slate completely.

>That was the film most pushed for by the Marvel TV side, which still reports to Perlmutter. And to which Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD has committed to providing three years worth of promotion towards in its storylines, establishing the Inhumans concept to the fans.

>Until that point, the TV was mostly an afterthought, having to catch up to the film continuity rather han provide anything for the film’s to use.

>But, in the great war of Marvel Film Vs Marvel TV that the Kevin Feige coup began, it looks like the first casualty of that war is the Inhumans…
>>
>>94407650
http://uproxx.com/hitfix/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019/

October 9, 2015

>There's a rumor online today that Kevin Feige has pulled the plug on the “Inhumans” film specifically because he doesn't want to have the TV side of things defining the rules and playing with the ideas for the next few years. I'll state simply that the rumor is not true. I went directly to an unimpeachable source, who told me that the film division is still planning to make the film, and there are certain elements of the “Inhumans” universe that have been declared off-limits to the “SHIELD” people as a result.

>There have been several big comic book movie rumors this week that simply aren't accurate, and I have decidedly mixed feelings about writing stories simply to refute a rumor. I understand how this sort of thing happens, and how a partial piece of information can get reported as the whole story, but when you see the story everywhere and you are getting e-mailed from people asking why you're not running it, you sometimes have to jump in and say…

>Nope!

>… which is what we're saying in this particular case.

>Here's how you will know that Marvel has cancelled the feature film. If you see the royal family, including Black Bolt, show up on the TV show, then there's a good chance the feature division has finally changed their mind.

>Until then, “Inhumans” is set to hit theaters July 12, 2019.
>>
>>94407687
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/09/rumor-the-inhumans-movie-is-canceled

October 9, 2015

>If Feige were going full Don Corleone on Marvel TV getting rid of The Inhumans is the wrong way to do it. It doesn't hurt TV at all; in fact, it gives them a clearer playing field to do whatever the hell they like with the Inhumans. If anything, making an epic Inhumans movie set in Attilan and featuring the royal family would only reinforce how small and cheap the TV shows are. If you wanted to hurt Marvel TV that's how you do it, by reminding everybody they live in your shadow.

>There's something else that makes me wonder about this rumor: I have heard time and again that Adam McKay wants to do The Inhumans. He's a huge Marvel guy and he came within signing distance of directing Ant-Man; he ended up with a screenplay credit. McKay wants to play in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and The Inhumans looks right up his alley. It's a Kirby property, and he loves Kirby. It's an ensemble piece, and he loves ensembles. It's got a lot of room for humor. And it's chock full of politics, which has been a driving force of McKay's work for the last couple of years. What kind of statements could McKay make about real world politics using the royal family of Inhumans? A lot, I reckon.

>On top of all that The Inhumans feels something like a slam dunk. It's another Guardians of the Galaxy, opening up a new part of the MCU and allowing a lot of new and merchandisable characters to enter, especially the big dog Lockjaw. The pitch - a Game of Thrones with super-powered people - just sells itself. I have a hard time believing that Marvel Studios would let such a good concept go just for spite.
>>
>>94407755
>Of course anything is possible. Bleeding Cool's sources aren't bad. I suspect their sources are in TV, since the site has been very anti-Feige since the Perlmutter divorce. The site also claims to be getting this info afterhours at New York Comic-Con, which really indicates they're hearing it all from TV/comics people, ie folks who aren't directly involved in Marvel Studios. Still, Studios isn't averse to changing up their announced schedule, as we have already seen with Black Panther and Captain Marvel bouncing all over the place. This rumor is at the very least plausible, until I can get it confirmed or denied.
>>
File: Jew vs Jew.png (195KB, 1853x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Jew vs Jew.png
195KB, 1853x1158px
>>94407541
>>
>>94407776
http://heroichollywood.com/marvel-studios-is-still-moving-forward-with-inhumans/

October 10, 2015

>So, there’s a couple of rumors floating around at the moment. One of these rumors is that Marvel Studios is “cancelling” their upcoming Inhumans film. Let’s go ahead and discuss said rumor real quick. When Marvel made their Phase Three update yesterday, the film was not mentioned anywhere in the release. The lack of mention has led to many speculating that something was up with the film and that it might not be happening. By that logic Spider-Man, Thor: Ragnarok and Doctor Strange are also cancelled. Right? Alright, let’s move on.

>After this speculation began spreading came a report featuring some very shaky details about the matter. Following seeing said report I decided to reach out to a source of my own who commented on said rumor that he referred to as being “untrue”. They also added that the reason the film wasn’t mentioned in the press release was that with change in the line-up, the film’s release date is currently subject to change and a new date has not been set yet. Perhaps the studio has made the decision to move the film about Marvel’s Royal Family to their Phase Four slate? Its also highly likely that the film’s release date may not even change at all.
>>
>>94407836
>Drew McWeeny of HitFix has also chimed in after speaking to his own sources who tell him that the film division is “still planning to make the film” and that elements of the Inhumans universe “have been declared off-limits” to those over at Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. as a result of this. Here’s hoping we get something official from Marvel Studios very soon to kill this rumor that doesn’t add up whatsoever. Especially being that this has been a passion project that Kevin Feige has been speaking about since Phase One. So, until we get an official press release from Marvel Studios stating that they have indeed cancelled the project or you see Black Bolt pop up on ABC…
>>
>>94407858
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/10/the-morning-after-the-inhumans-movie-rumour-the-night-before/

October 10, 2015

>It is also worth pointing out here that the press release referred to the other movies, Captain Marvel and Black Panther, whose dates are noted as subject to change. So why not Inhumans?

>If the Inhumans movie is not cancelled, and that remains to be seen, my only advice to the folks on Feige Island at Marvel Studios is to stop telling the rest of Marvel that it’s done for.
>>
>>94407909
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/611679/Why-Inhumans-Has-Happen-Future-Marvel

October 12, 2015 according to the listing in http://www.cinemablend.com/author/adam-holmes/?qoVBzg_page=116

>Right now, the Inhumans are filling the "naturally powered" void in the MCU. So far the only characters with special abilities in this franchise have either gained them through scientific means or because they’re an alien. In their current role, Inhumans on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are essentially serving as the MCU’s mutants, given that 20th Century Fox has the film rights to the X-Men. Here’s the thing: as hard as Marvel may try (both in the movies and the comics), the Inhumans can’t serve as simple mutant substitutes. Yes, they both have natural powers, but there are also significant societal differences.

>The main Inhuman population in the hidden city of Attilan practices a caste system where once someone powers reveal themselves via the Terrigen Mist, they are assigned a place within the society that cannot be changed. Quite frankly, aspects of their life are just as alien as the extraterrestrials that have been visiting Earth, and while comic book storylines have been more lenient with these elements in recent years, it’s important they are eventually explored onscreen.
>>
>>94407982

>This brings us to the Inhumans movie. Although no plot details have been revealed yet, it’s a good bet the main characters will be the members of the Royal Family: ruler Black Bolt (who Vin Diesel is rumored to play), his wife Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, the teleporting dog Lockjaw, and their nemesis Maximus the Mad. Not only are all these people perfect for using in a blockbuster adventure, but it would be great to learn about a sect of Inhumans that’s more unusual than the ones seen in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. It’s also the perfect opportunity to fully delve into how the Inhumans came to be, which has only been briefly touched upon on TV. Besides, as we all know, not everyone who enjoys the Marvel movies partakes in the TV shows, which makes it all the more important that the cinematic-only audience gets to meet the Inhumans and what they have to offer this grand universe.

>Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is taking the time to establish the Inhumans, so Marvel scrapping the Inhumans movie would be a stupid movie both story wise and business wise. Featuring these unique beings on the big screen will open up new possibilities for the franchise in Phase Four while also peeling back layers of the MCU’s past. Above all, fans will need a welcome respite following Earth’s Mightiest Heroes defeating Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War Part II, and Inhumans can serve as an important, but self-contained, story/epilogue to Phase Three.
>>
>>94408000
http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

April 22, 2016

>Inhumans is officially not happening anytime soon. Last year, rumors hit the web that Marvel Studios was planning to scrap its introduction of the Inhumans to the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. made the superhuman race a critical element of their ongoing story. While the film isn’t officially cancelled for good, Disney has just undated the picture, so it is off the release schedule for now.

>The news doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Earlier this month I spoke with MCU chief Kevin Feige in anticipation of Captain America: Civil War and I took the opportunity to get some clarification on the status of their Inhumans movie. Feige told me that while Marvel still plans to make the film, it would most likely shuffle off it’s 2019 release date after some new projects were added to the lineup. And voila! Now it has.
>>
>>94404646
Wait, when did it get cancelled?
>>
>>94406212
Thats the awful part of being an actor, idiots like Scott Buck can damage your career with their idiocy.

ffs All they had to do was give her a big wig of hair and then use CG to touch it up.
>>
>>94408030

>Here’s what Feige said,

>"Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we addedSpider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet."

>When Marvel Studios announced their Phase 3 lineup, Inhumans was scheduled to drop between the two halves of Avengers: Infinity War. But, a lot has changed since 2014. First, the inter-studio Spider-Man: Homecoming was added to the line-up, then Captain Marvel shuffled up by a couple months and Inhumans was bumped back in lieu of Ant-Man and The Wasp. Now, the film is off the schedule entirely. At least for the time being. When I spoke with Feige he was insistent that the studio still planned to adapt Inhumans for the big screen, it just “a matter of when.”
>>
>>94404889
When the casting is officially announced isn't necessarily when the actor was cast though.
>>
>>94408048
http://www.slashfilm.com/inhumans-movie/

November 4, 2016

>When I talked to Marvel head Kevin Feige a couple of weeks back, I pressed him for an update on the Inhumans movie. Is that ever going to happen now that it has been removed from the release schedule? Feige insists it will.

>"I think Inhumans will happen for sure. I don’t know when. I think it’s happening on television. And I think as we get into Phase 4 as I’ve always said, it could happen as a movie. I think it would be super cool."
>>
>>94406961
Character arcs.
>>
>>94408149
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-inhumans-movie-is-now-an-inhumans-tv-show-coming-s-1788974721

November 14, 2016

>It looks like the Inhumans movie is no more. Marvel has just announced that, seemingly instead of seeing the adventures of Black Bolt, Medusa, and the Inhuman royal family as a movie, they will now appear in their own TV show on ABC.

>The series will be co-produced between Marvel, ABC, and IMAX—and in a strange move, will sort of still be a movie event for Marvel next year. The first two episodes of the show will premiere worldwide across IMAX-compatible theaters with a two week exclusivity window, before airing on ABC in the fall of 2017 as a weekly series. According to sources speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, The Inhumans show’s first season will run for eight episodes, and the series is not considered a direct spinoff of the events of Agents of SHIELD.

>That is presumably because although the Inhumans as a concept have slowly begun to be introduced on TV through Agents of SHIELD, that world will be blown right open in the Inhumans show—which will indeed tell the story of Black Bolt and the Royal Family, according to the press release provided by Marvel. No other character names were mentioned beyond Black Bolt, but expect the likes of Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, and more to be joining the series. Maybe even Lockjaw, if we’re lucky.
>>
>there was a lot of hope for this pilot

Said no one besides this person
>>
>>94408273
>It’s a move that isn’t, in hindsight, all that surprising— especially since Kevin Feige basically let the news slip just over a week ago. Marvel has been reticent to offer updates on the Inhumans movie, originally due in 2019, even as the movie was quietly stripped of its release date earlier this year. There were even rumors earlier than that news claiming the film was being killed off, but considering how heavily Agents of SHIELD has leaned into developing the Inhumans mythos, it makes sense to continue that worldbuilding with the primary Inhuman characters of the comics on TV.

>In a more cynical worldview, it also very conveniently cuts off the biggest connection the TV side of Marvel’s “shared universe” would’ve had to the movies—further isolating the two sides of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in such a way that now the movies rarely have to, if at all, acknowledge the existence of the shows.
>>
>>94404815

Ike has all the cheapness and greed of a Jewish stereotype, but none of the actual planning ability or investment acumen.
>>
>>94404076
Why doesn't Disney kill Ike Pearlmutter?

You think the largest corporation ever could hire a professional hitman to kill Ike. Everything would be improved by his death.
>>
>>94408367
>Ike has all the cheapness and greed of a Jewish stereotype, but none of the actual planning ability or investment acumen.
Surprisingly he actually did rescue Marvel back when they were near bankruptcy, as his merciless cuts kept the place afloat. But he was at the right place at the right time once, and not any more. Marvel Studios is a thriving and successful business, and it doesn't benefit from penny pinching anymore. Mavel Studio need to spend money to make money, something Ike doesn't seem to comprehend.
>>
>>94404570
Take a guess (((who))). Movie and tv insurance is a thing.
>>
>>94406107
Props should have made Medusa's hair, not wardrobe
>>
>>94404076
pic
>we demand to be taken seriously
>>
>>94408468
>Mavel Studio need to spend money to make money, something Ike doesn't seem to comprehend.
I'd also say that Ike seems to be the source of a lot of other problems, such as Age of Ultron's constant "Hype up future films" syndrome. There was no reason to bring up Infinity Gems in that film, or Civil War, or Ragnarok. In fact, if you compare Ragnarok when it was announced to what we're seeing, it probably would have been a by the numbers "Everything is super serious as we prepare for battle" kind of film.

Compare how Thor the Dark World's concept art presented a film with all the realms and fantastic monsters designs to the actual film being about a wasteland and the most boring villain of all. It's kind of safe to say that Perlmutter was cutting down on all outside thinking and the films were becoming a lot more generic because of him. Now when you look at the stuff coming out now, they greatly overshadow the look the the first couple of films. Like, GOTG 2, Thor 3, Black Panther make all the previous films look really cheap.
>>
I want to know what Ike Perlmutter sees in the Inhumans. Out of all the properties he wanted to push, he went "Let's choose the one where only 2 of the characters are really appealing". Hell, why did he need a "X-Men killer"? Avengers are doing just fine!
Did he seriously think the X-Men were popular because of their theme? That's bullshit when they are popular cause their characters are iconic and their lead is a guy who guzzles beers, and stabs people constantly. Inhumans has no characters who reach the same iconic level as X-Men, and they didn't even try to revamp the looks of the Inhumans to appeal to the masses. Maybe Karnak.
And why push a series where Medusa is a major character?! Does anyone even like her? Her powers were never going to look good on screen, even in a film!

I still don't get it! Why did they push the Inhumans so fucking much when nobody wanted it and it was never even going to accomplish their goal of "killing the X-Men", something Marvel Studios was already doing!

IT MAKES NO SENSE!
>>
I feel like the only way they can salvage this show is if they become recurring characters in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. But knowing that show, we'll probably just get Karnak (or the cheapest one to CGI) and not the entire family.
>>
>>94409112
>I want to know what Ike Perlmutter sees in the Inhumans
He sees Attilan as an analogous to Israel.
>>
>>94404076
what a weird looking cast
>>
>>94409376
Because they were a bunch of people govern by royalty who had slaves?
>>
>>94409115
I bet you this show will end AoS. AoS has built up the Inhumans for most of its runtime, and now to see the actual Inhumans show turn out to suck? People will feel ripped off.
>>
>>94409112
Because Fox got upset over Marvel doing Mutant X so Ike probably wanted a way to make "mutants" without actually being mutants in retaliation, and also to avoid giving Fox more new characters.

The problem is the only really successful new Inhuman since they started the push was Ms. Marvel, maybe Moon Girl assuming the Scholastic sales are doing well. Other pushes of Inhumans come off forced or insincere (see: Civil War 2) to the point where a book like Mosaic didn't have a chance.
>>
>>94404076
>I'm so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does.
>>
>>94409497
And the moment they tried to say Inhumans were misunderstood when their gas cloud was killing X-Men was when all logic went out the window.
>>
>>94409453
It'll certainly kill AoS viewership.

Not sure why they couldn't run both shows together unless the ending of Inhumans leads into the premier of AoS.
>>
>>94408048
>a big joyous coup for us.

Oh you sly devil.
>>
>>94408400

I imagine he owns stock in the company. He is probably deeply embedded, like a tick.
>>
>>94409112

He's an old man.
>>
>>94404672
Just one person, really. He just happens to be the guy in charge
>>
>>94404076
Honestly, fuck me for getting my hopes up about Rheon as Maximus, right? Because I don't know how they did it, they took an actor who's played a character bubbling with manic energy, and somehow gotten him to turn in the blandest most low-effort performance possible. I admit I haven't read much early Inhumans, if he was sane at some point, so the stuff I've read with Maximus has him living up to his title "the mad". Having this guy, and making Maximus act like even-keeled seems like a misfire. As does that attempt at an American accent.
>>
>>94406960
it could very easily end up beating Wonder Woman DC bro, Japan loves Spiderman, and China loves capeshit in general, South Korea's the best preview we have and it's already made significantly more money there than either of the last two Spiderman movies did
>>
>>94407038
why he speaks gangsta
>>
>>94410288
He's from DC.
>>
>>94404910
Most of this is pretty accurate but Guardians 2 also had a lower budget than BvS, in the end it made more of a profit than BvS
>>
>>94404326
None of the series you mentioned are any good whatsoever. And we know already that Priest will dump the shithumans hard for owning slaves
>>
>>94404452
That's the thing, Ike never pays for anything
oh, I get it now
>>
>>94404076
Heh.

Heh heh.

Funny.
>>
>>94405064
x-fags left the ship already.
it's only marveldrones vs /tv/
>>
>>94405770
That's the thing. There is a guy who always finds positive in anything that marvel does, and yet, that person can't find anything positive in inhumans
>>
>>94406113
It's not his fault
>>
>finally know the identity of some of Ramsay's good men
At least there's a positive.
>>
>>94409112
/thread
>>
>>94406961
Ward.
>>
>>94407755
>I have a hard time believing that Marvel Studios would let such a good concept go just for spite.
Actually, seeing how they'll divide the MCU between cosmic and earth for phase 4 onwards, the Inhumans would've been a prime candidate to play with, but alas fuck Ike.
>>
File: 657567.gif (3MB, 389x279px) Image search: [Google]
657567.gif
3MB, 389x279px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MH4YwvGl_A

Guys come on it looks great
>>
>>94412385
This looks better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw
>>
>>94404326

Shithumans lost the war, it's time for you to go.
>>
>>94412385
Awfuk.
>>
>>94406961
>Character is named Ward
>Best part of the show
Is that Marvel tv magic?
>>
>>94407096
Pics?
>>
>>94404076
>I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet.
So it's great then.
>>
>>94415325
You can rat your way out and try and say IF is good but try justifying Dexter S8 being good.
>>
>Inhumans died and took X-Men with them
Best timeline!
>>
>>94404766
The rumors before the official cancellation indicated that Marvel Studios never had any interest in the movie, it was all pushed by Perlmutter. So, when Studios split from entertainment, the movie likely would never happen.
>>
>>94406961
The Mechums were awful. Their whole arc was nonsensical.
>>
Has anyone even seen it yet? Like can I watch it?
>>
File: tumblr_opc0ectGPW1usmulwo1_400.png (144KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opc0ectGPW1usmulwo1_400.png
144KB, 300x300px
>>94406961
>Only Ward
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.