[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0366.jpg (113KB, 462x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0366.jpg
113KB, 462x720px
/co/ I need your advice. I've just finished my Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil by Bendis collections. I'm looking for a new modern series to start reading (2000-2017)

I have some ideas but I can't find solid opinions on some of them. I've been leaning towards a few titles.

>New 52 Supergirl
> Snyder Batman
> Bendis Avengers

What are /co/'s thoughts on these? Is Bendis good on Avengers? I've enjoyed his street level stuff, but I've heard he isn't very good at others.
I'm new to DC so I'm not sure about Batman or Supergirl. I like the idea of Supergirl becoming a red lantern and I'll probably read them together if I go that route. Thanks in advance.

I'd also normally just research on my own, but I'd love to hear some opinions.
>>
>>94403797
I can't tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>>94403797
>Bendis Avengers
Oh boy, you really don't know do you?
Look Bendis hate is more than just a meme. I still love Dark Avengers since it is fun stupid and the ending of the arc is satisfying beyond words, but all the same.
>>
File: Marvel New Avengers assemble.jpg (381KB, 1241x757px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel New Avengers assemble.jpg
381KB, 1241x757px
>>94403797
My opinion is in the minority but I like Bendis' early Avengers. Specifically his first volume of New Avengers up until Secret Invasion. I think it worked well and was reasonably well written

It was after that when his work on the Avengers books started to dip as he was writing two or more Avengers books at a time. I thought Dark Avengers was good too but everything else (Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers v2) just lost anything interesting about them.

I don't know much about Snyder Batman other than Court of the Owls was enjoyable until the ending.
>>
>>94403961

Op here. Im not trying to bait anyone. Just new to comics and looking for some opinions on modern runs.

>>94403964
>>94404029

I really like the idea of Tbolts and enjoyed songbird in the New Avengers I read by Ewing. Is it true that Dark Avengers is a Tbolt title? It sounds like his early stuff is better? New Avengers is his Sentry stuff correct?
>>
>>94404183
New Avengers v1 and Dark Avengers both have Sentry. Dark Avengers is a thunderbolts spin off of Civil War and Secret Invasion where Osborn takes some of his Thunderbolts and makes them pretend to be super heroes.

This isn't to be confused with when Thunderbolts was renamed Dark Avengers years later, so you'll want to make sure the Dark Avengers comics you find are the ones written by Bendis if you choose to read them.

Also I highly recommend the first volume of Thunderbolts. There's like 184 issues and they're almost all at least okay, with some stumbling here and there and some great arcs along the way. Just skip 76-81 as it's a unrelated side story that has nothing to do with anyone or any thing.
>>
>>94404246
All of the Avengers titles Bendis is on spin out of Civil War? Thats what I've heard. Im not big on events and I know the gist of it, so I've assumed that its fine to jump off with vol 1 of each.

That sounds like a good place to start with Bendis titles thanks.

Are you recommending the Busiek run?
>>
>>94404377
Bendis started New Avengers about a year and a half before Civil War, and then started writing Mighty Avengers as well (the two were rather closely linked) after Civil War. Then he wrote Dark Avengers (while still writing New Avengers) after Secret Invasion, and then when Secret Invasion was over he was writing Avengers and New Avengers v2.

Yes, Busiek on Thunderbolts was great, but the 150 issues that come after it average out to pretty good as well. Probably my favorite ongoing ever.
>>
>>94404431
Thank you for all the advice. I think Ill start reading Busiek Tbolts honestly. Ive always heard the 90s comics were to over the top, but if they're good I'd love to read some good stories about them.

Thank you again for the help!
>>
>>94404525
Sure thing. Their first appearance was Hulk 449 and Thunderbolts #0 actually takes place after Thunderbolts 22. Have fun!
>>
>>94404525
Avoid the recent run by Zub, though, as well as the one by Way/Soule/Acker. Both are dogshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.