[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC "Muslim" hero named ISIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 534
Thread images: 63

File: isis.png (735KB, 726x918px) Image search: [Google]
isis.png
735KB, 726x918px
http://archive.is/PdLWb
>DC Comics superhero Isis will be joining DC's Legends of Tomorrow in its upcoming third season under her real name of Zari Adrianna Tomaz (played by Tala Ashe), and the fact that the character is a practicing Muslim is a choice show producer Marc Guggenheim said was made specifically in response to the election of U.S. President Donald Trump.

>“You might have heard there was this election,” said Guggenheim during this week's Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills (as quoted by Variety). “Not to get political, but something that we all gravitated toward in the writers room was making this character Muslim."

>She was talking about how difficult it is to be a Muslim-American in the current political climate," said Guggenheim. "Having a character who’s a computer hacker and is from the future but also happens to be Muslim, it’s a nice, important aspect of her character.”

>take existing character
>Named after Egyptian god
>"shes kind of brown and near the middle east, right?"
>slap a muslim label on her
>name is fucking ISIS
So.... what the fuck is this? do they really think this is a good idea?
>>
>Adapt Isis
>Make her nothing like Isis and yet another hacker character
Jesus Christ, why does Guggenheim still get work? And why does he think hacking is somehow a superpower?
>>
Thanks DC, thought you had some hope.

Are they aware of the irony?
>>
>>94394514
Hey OP, have you read 52?
>>
>>94394514
>Guggenheim

Of course.
>>
File: b36.png (245KB, 769x437px) Image search: [Google]
b36.png
245KB, 769x437px
>>
>>94394514
Isis got a rough deal and I cant remember the last time she was in comics. Really I dont think anyone should fucking care about the shared name because again, its an Egyptian goddess. Its like when Archer had to drop the name. Furthermore, WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH CW AND FUCKING COMPUTER HACKERS!?!?! We can get fun magic shit? I dont expect Black Adam to show up but christ.
>>
File: sandyhookdoesntaddup.jpg (397KB, 1738x2133px) Image search: [Google]
sandyhookdoesntaddup.jpg
397KB, 1738x2133px
Anon, Isis is an already existing character. She's not named after an Egyptian Goddess. She /literally/ gets her powers from her. Someone who's power comes from Egyptian mythology is a fucking Musslim.
>>
File: Archer Lffqx89.png.jpg (54KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Archer Lffqx89.png.jpg
54KB, 480x270px
someone's heading into the danger zone
>>
File: 1446051919644.png (601KB, 594x542px) Image search: [Google]
1446051919644.png
601KB, 594x542px
>it's another shitposting casuals thread
>>
>>94394514

>She was talking about how difficult it is to be a Muslim-American in the current political climate," said Guggenheim. "Having a character who’s a computer hacker and is from the future but also happens to be Muslim, it’s a nice, important aspect of her character.”

Woah, virtue signalling.
>>
>>94394514
This could be a good time to really address the abuse of Coptic Christians in Egypt.

I'm sure they will
>>
>>94394514
Just kill me already. If you aren't even going to follow any of the islamic laws, why even call yourself muslim in the first place. Fucking hacks.
>>
>>94394514
to be fair they tried so hard to change the name ISIS for that group to ISS because its a common name as common as george in the 70's, or rather, a "jose mexican" over there
>>
I don't think there's anything sinister behind this. At the same time, I feel this was poorly thought-out.
>>
>>94394514
Isis is also the name of a goddess
>>
The hilarious part is they think Trump is even going to notice this shit
>>
>>94394707
>I feel this was poorly thought out
Welcome to the CW network anon, where they recycle the same shit over and over and call it a comic book show
>>
>>94394514
I'm sure Trump is thinking of resigning in the next few hours because of some shitty character from another shitty DC show.

>>94394658
Make her a lesbian and disabled; we'll have bingo.
>>
File: Revenge of the Living Monolith.jpg (403KB, 1500x1988px) Image search: [Google]
Revenge of the Living Monolith.jpg
403KB, 1500x1988px
>>94394514
>Take ancient Egyptian pagan super
>Make them start acting like a Muslim
But Why?
>>
File: 1499864820691.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1499864820691.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>>94394708
>tfw things can't be called isis anymore
>>
>>94394514
Why do all these shitty CW shows have to insert their "fuck drumpf and fuck white people" political statements into every episode? Are there any good live action shows left that don't feel like you're watching a college lecture on feminist studies half the time?
>>
>>94394514

I'm honestly more upset about the use of a "computer hacker" character trope than whatever the political implications are
>>
>>94394514
>Muslim woman character to stick it to Trump
>Her name is fucking ISIS
What's her sidekick's name, Albert Queda?
>>
>>94394789
His name was Osiris
>>
I watched a bit of last season and the plot was literally the lance of Longinus was the most powerful thing in existence that could rewrite reality.

You're putting a Muslim on a show where everyone else witnessed Jesus's blood being divinity itself and you think that's pro Muslim? It just makes them look like retards. Yeah I know Jesus is in Islam but he's not divine in that faith.

Also the show is trash and characters just take it in turns to be retarded and not use their abilities so that drama can occur.
>>
like literally how are there people who haven't read 52 yet
>>
>>94394755
Its ridiculous really. Everyone is so fucking sensitive these days and people are terrified of being connected to a shit terrorist organization because the assholes used a name from myth. Like what if another sect came out tomorrow called THOR, would Marvel Comics suddenly drop EVERYTHING because they share a name? By avoiding the name, you're also giving power to terrorists because they control what it means
>>
>>94394514
>Muslim super heroine.
>Appropriates the name and likeness of another religion's Goddess.

Kemetics who hate how Muslims took over their country should complain.
>>
>>94394846
The people who react loudly to stuff like this don't actually read comics.
>>
This looks like a job for Captain Confederacy!
>>
>>94394598
>>94394846
>hey guys, here are all the old characters, but NEW

no thanks, ill keep my money
>>
File: 1438432911197.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1438432911197.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>
They should've just used Black Adam. Would make for an interesting anti-hero in the group. Give him some exposure for casuals to get to know him. And he can leave the group just before his movie comes out, if it ever does.
>>
>>94394814
Remember when Thawne traveled through time and asked about a dozen of himself to help out and somehow the combined forces of several evil speedsters somehow couldnt defeat the legends? Yeah, CW writers are fucking trash
>>
>>94394514
Remind me, why is a shitty writer like Guggenheim allowed to write for shows?
>>
>>94394514
>Superhero who is ancient Egyptian themed in every way, shape, and form
>Let's make her muslim guys, all brown people are the same after all
Ironically enough in an attempt to be progressive they just ended up being racist as fuck
>>
>>94394752
As a take-that to Blumpgbf
Can't you read?
>>
>>94394890
She is literally powered by the goddess
>>
File: 1433894022481.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433894022481.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>94394514 (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)

1. Isis was a superhero in DC comics since 1975, WAY before the terror group Isis existed.

2. Isis is an ancient Egyptian goddess, and the superhero was named after her.

DC did nothing wrong.
>>
>>94394641
>Someone who's power comes from Egyptian mythology is a fucking Musslim.

So....you're saying a GODDESS from ancient Egypt is...a Muslim?

Anon....really?
>>
>>94395002
at this point these people would bitch that she was a SJW just because she calls out a king for not helping people
>>
>>94394921
You are aware that there was a maxi-series called 52 back in the mid 2000s, right? Not the New52.
>>
>>94395002
>Superhero themed around Ancient Egyptian mythology
>Make her Muslim
Doesn't make any sense
>>
So can we start a twitter shitstorm regarding making an Egyptian character Muslim?
>>
>>94395037
>person that lives in modern-day Egypt
>not a muslim
???
>>
>>94394954
I feel like this is something people really need to address.
We need to start calling out comic companies on their lazy diversity; the more it's called out as blatantly lazy/racist, the less it'll happen.

Like, Kamala is fine. They actually worked her faith into her character. But I feel like when they say there's gonna be a new *insert minority here* character, the question should come up; how will this affect their character?

How is being muslim going to affect Isis as a person? Is she practicing? Will it come up as a plot point? Or is she just a brown lady with a bunch of generic desert-y shit and rugs from Pier 1 in her house?

It'd be like if they were like "oh yeah, we're introducing a Jewish hero", except his faith never came up in any impactful way, but when he goes home you'd see his hooknosed mother counting a big pile of gold in the corner. Like, that's the level of lazy surface-level shit we're on.
>>
>>94395044
Only if you want to look stupid. She's not an Egyptian character. She's from a fictional DCU country and merely channels the powers of an Egyptian god similar to how Billy gets powers from several gods.
>>
>>94395067
Kandaq is so Egyptian adjacent anyway it hardly makes a difference
>>
>>94394755
We really should have adopted the ISIL name. Even if it would have taken a few seconds to explain what the Levant is.
>>
>>94395019
Well-played.

>>94394707
Yeah, exactly.

This is DC we're talking about here. Marvel's the sinister company. DC's just... fucking stupid.
>>
File: Tawadros_II_of_Alexandria.jpg (174KB, 620x716px) Image search: [Google]
Tawadros_II_of_Alexandria.jpg
174KB, 620x716px
>>94395065
The Copts say hi.
>>
>>94394983
>She is literally powered by the goddess

Oh.
That just makes this even more retarded.

Why would should ever be Muslim when a literal Egyptian Goddess is fueling her powers?
The Muslim faith pretty much says she isn't allowed to believe in the very goddess giving her magic juice.

If I were Isis I'd cut that little bitch loose and tell her to go get her magic from Allah if he's so damn great.

It's like Jesus Christ coming down from on high, telling you "My Child, do not trust The Jew. Here is the blade of Archangel Michael. Use it to smite the forces of evil in the name of God our father.", and then immediately going out and converting to Judaism.
>>
>>94394514
Diversity is nice because it showcases different perspectives and life experiences. This however is beyond dumb because it's using diversity as a reactionary means to garner attention even down to the goddamn name and outfit. Most big corporations don't actually give a shit about these things and are desperately jumping on the newest hip bandwagon to stay relevant.
>>
File: miss-the-point.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
miss-the-point.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>94395002
>>
>>94394514
Why would a non-egyptian muslim form her image after an ancient egyptian god?
>>
>>94395002
>Changing a character's faith for diversity points
>Co-opting symbols from a different faith to promote Islam
>Using a name most people associate with an Islamic terror group as the name of your Muslim heroine
They did a lot of dumb shit here, anon, don't even play.
>>
File: consider yui.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
consider yui.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>94395010
wow, do you see me complaining about obama or trying to defend trump, or are you pretending i am because it helps your argument? take your pseudo-intellectual bullshit elsewhere

>>94395002
>>94395026
1. "The television character appeared in several late 1970s DC Comics publications"
shes been around since at least the 70s

2. Yes, Isis is an egyptian goddess as i said in the OP. And they are taking a heroine named after the goddess of one religion, who gets her powers from ancient egyptian gods, and saying shes muslim. Thats like making moonknight christian
>>
>>94395031
Of course he doesn't

He doesn't read comics
>>
>>94394936
The worst part is that Thawne has been shown to be able to easily to rip out Atom's heart through his armor before, but when the final fight comes he's just punching him around like an idiot.
>>
File: 1464089225662.png (9KB, 221x276px) Image search: [Google]
1464089225662.png
9KB, 221x276px
>>94394757
>and fuck white people
>>
>>94395020

No. He's saying that a Muslim woman gets her powers from ancient Egyptian mythology, yet is still somehow a Muslim.
>>
>>94395103
God in the DCU hangs out as a cute dog though, what do you mean?

Also Judas had his own ongoing for a bit.
>>
>>94395103
This.
Even from a story standpoint, this makes no sense.
It's really obvious they just wanted a token brown person so that all the 20-somethings on Twitter will think the CW is super #woke for #resisting so hard.
>>
>>94395103
Shes Isis in name only. CW doesnt fucking care, they saw a brown chick they could use and made her Muslim for diversity points. Combine that with her being another hacker because CW literally cant do anything else except hack shit half the time. But I guess its ironically fitting, CW verse hacking practically is magic
>>
>>94395103
>Why would should ever be Muslim when a literal Egyptian Goddess is fueling her powers?
The same way Billy Batson is a Christian but is powered by Greek Gods.
>>
>>94395148
To be fair she could not buy the whole Egyptians being the true gods despite the power up.
>>
>>94395065
>Muslim that obtains supernatural powers from Ancient Egyptian mythology
>Not a heretic who would be killed
>>
>>94394921
>>94395031
Yikes

>>94395200
No place for logic in this thread, friendo
>>
>>94394514
>itt normies think dc's isis is a new character just for this decision
Hey /co/ do you like comics?
>>
>>94394514
So, another comic ruined because of political bullshit or was already a shit comic before this?
>>
>>94395260
ultimately allowing /tv/ to post here was a mistake, should have banned live action when TDK came out
>>
>>94395260
Of course /co/mblr doesn't like comics.
>>
let me read this dumb and quick

DC made a terrorist comic book character to spite donald trump?
>>
>>94395037
Nigga, Egypt is full of muslims right now? Remember The Mummy? remember the medjai guys? they believed in ancient egypt mumbo jumbo but they were also muslims.
>>
>>94395297
this has literally nothing to do with comics besides people crying about a character they didn't know existed being adapted
>>
>>94394655
How did you like the chocolate egg creme, my man?
>>
>>94395260
>implying Isis is a popular character

I'm sorry but what? There's even people who barely know Cassandra Cain and she had a long ass solo.
>>
Marc Guggenheim is literal ass cancer. I'm happy Black Lightning isn't under his control. I have a bit of hope for it.
>>
>>94395337
She was in a series written by Johns and Morrison, if you don't know her you are casual as fuck.
>>
>>94395319
Isis is a character created back in 1975 who had a TV show. She came into the comics years ago, and was part of a long story that lasted an entire year called 52.

The CW TV show "Legends of Tomorrow" is adding her to the cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro
>>
>>94395319
The point is you didnt read shit. Isis was already a character BEFORE the terrorist organization existed. All CW did was take her and make her a muslim hacker for some stupid reason
>>
>>94395114
Moon Knight is Jewish.
Plus in a comic book world one powerful magic entity that falls under a certain definition of god and was worshiped by some culture doesn't preclude the truth of The Almighty.
>>
>>94395337
No, but they know Batgirl.
>>
>>94395260
>>94395303
Where the fuck is there any indication that people didn't know she was an already-existing character?
>>
>>94394708
You really think that's going to be peoples first thought when they see her though? This is a terrible idea, and I hope it costs them some serious cash.
>>
>name is Isis
>is a hacker from the future

What
>>
so does she defeat her enemy by recording HD videos of slicing there throats inside a actual slaughterhouse ? or taking a bunch of them and wrapping blasting cable around there necks
>>
>>94394514
((((Gugenheim))))
>>
File: chinese mickey mouse.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
chinese mickey mouse.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>>94394514
>Isis
>not an Egyptian goddess
>>
>>94395397
mainly the people wondering how she can be named Isis and not understanding her relationship with the goddess is the same as the Marvel family and their gods (though only having one does make it more personal)
>>
>>94395337
Shut your mouth, normie. Cass is pure and well loved.
>>
>>94395447
My thoughts exactly.
Isis is a heathen god in the faith of Islam.
>>
>>94394514

I don't really see a problem aside from the fact that Daesh has taken the name and it has some negative connotations.
>>
>>94395002
The only problem I see with the character so far is whether or not she is written well they've already slapped an expectation on her by linking her addition to the show with Trump.

The hacker part is tired but the rest could be a fine character if they didn't make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>94395452
>mainly the people wondering how she can be named Isis and not understanding her relationship with the goddess is the same as the Marvel family and their gods

They are wondering how she can be named ISIS in today's world. I imagine thats a moot point though, as they won't use the name in the show. At any rate, not an indication that they don't know its an existing character.

>And not understanding her relationship with the goddess is the same as the Marvel family and their gods
For the average American 'Christian' this shit barely matters. For a Muslim who will have her religion as an 'important' part of her character, drawing her superpowers from a goddess is a much bigger deal, and the kind of thing people would be put to death for in Muslim countries.
>>
I just think a name change could be beneficial here. Everybody and everyone is just going to think of ISIS because of this, and a name change would solve a lot of headaches.
>>
>>94395337
>popular
I never said that. Plenty of unpopulars are well known by actual readers. Nice goalpost moving.
>>
HEY REMEMBER WHEN WE TALKED ABOUT FUCKING COMICS? FIGURES THE NAMEFAG WANTS TO TALK POLITICS INSTEAD OF THE DC CHARACTER GETTING SHIT ON
>>
>>94395562
When creators go to shit, so do the fans. The problem is not with /co/, but with creators like Brevoort and Guggenheim ruining the things we used to love.
>>
>>94395562

Remember when the worst thing that could happen to a thread was people derailing it with "You're all fucked when the Hulk gets back" memes?

I miss that.
>>
>>94394914
>Constrictor with a gun
>>
>>94395651
>I miss threads where I could spout retarded childish shit because that's just about the only level of discourse I can participate in
I don't.
>>
Wait what?

She's a goddess, you know the things a religion worships...isn't that horriably insensitive to their religion?
>>
>>94395200
He isn't a Christian since the day he met Shazam.
>>
>>94395651
I miss looking forward to the Hulk coming back and fucking bitch slapping everyone on earth

I was so mad when that petered out without a payoff of him kicking the shit out of everyone and establishing his own country or something with Dr. Doom as his ally.
>>
>>94395689

Oh yes. Because spouting "Childish shit" on a board for comic books and cartoons was so much worse than having thread after thread after thread complaining about the same tired political bullshit we've had shoved down our throats in every facet of life since the end of 2015.
>>
File: Pravin Lal.jpg (2KB, 76x91px) Image search: [Google]
Pravin Lal.jpg
2KB, 76x91px
>>94395178
"Hacking" is a super-talent with absolutely zero effects budget.
You give them super martial arts or even parkour and suddenly you have to hire and film stuntmen and shit.
>>
>>94395200
>Solomon and Mercury
>Greek gods
The Rock of Eternity also houses the seven deadly sins and has a star of david on its magic subway car. Captain Marvel is a mishmash of stuff and not strictly Greek.
>>
File: Action_Comics_1.jpg (50KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_1.jpg
50KB, 300x416px
This is a comic book.

Say something about it.
Say ANYTHING about it.
>>
Based Uncle Guggie at it again
>>
>>94395934
I want buy the current Superman/Supersons trades but kind of want to hold out for an omni, thoughts?
>>
>>94395934
The Powerless opening credits were pretty good.
>>
>>94395934
Why is superman beating up that car
>>
>>94395961

I suggest reading the storytimes here on /co/, and waiting for the omni before buying.
>>
>>94394755
And that's why you never go for the pop culture names of the Egyptian gods, which are in the end imported Greek renditions.

Aset > Isis
Ausir > Osiris
R' > Ra
Djihawty > Thoth

It's more accurate, less clichéd and avoids any political implications
>>
>>94395934
Why does Superman hate rocks so much?
>>
When are they going to create a coptic egyptian superhero? They suffer the most there.
>>
>>94395918
I'll give you Solomon and the 7 Sins but Mercury is just the Roman name for Hermes.
>>
>>94395987
>Why is superman beating up that car

He doesn't know that it's mother is also named Martha.
>>
>>94395148
>>94395207
>>94395020
>>94394641

>No. He's saying that a Muslim woman gets her powers from ancient Egyptian mythology, yet is still somehow a Muslim.

Try running this idea by pretty much any iman on the planet. ANY god but alah is as haram as fuck. IDOL WORSHIPING is haram as fuck. WITCHCRAFT is a step beyond being flamingly gay in public, and right up there with calling mohammed a motherfucker.

I mean I'm personaly cool with this, but this should trigger the psycho wing of islam super hard, like charlie hebbo levels.
>>
File: Farnsworth.jpg (52KB, 990x749px) Image search: [Google]
Farnsworth.jpg
52KB, 990x749px
>>94395995
>Why does Superman hate rocks so much?
Rocks from space are literally his deadliest enemy, do you even read comics?
>>
>>94395988
So should I look out for Action Comics or just Superman? Because Im not sure which titles to look out for. Ive only caught a few storytime threads but I dig how Clark is being written right now
>>
>>94395934
Fucking jew escapist fantasy.
>>
File: 1501408925296.jpg (59KB, 720x654px) Image search: [Google]
1501408925296.jpg
59KB, 720x654px
>>94394514
>>
>>94396112
Shouldnt this be Duke Thomas since his name is literally The Signal now?
>>
File: Justice.jpg (76KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
Justice.jpg
76KB, 500x465px
>The namefag got DELETED
>>
File: 1501282568172.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1501282568172.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>namefags and /pol/ posts are getting deleted

Thanks, mod/janitor.
>>
File: das righ.jpg (13KB, 139x131px) Image search: [Google]
das righ.jpg
13KB, 139x131px
>>94396146
>mfw
>>
File: JUSTICE.jpg (60KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTICE.jpg
60KB, 960x536px
>>94396146
>>94396164
Thank god, there is Justice today
>>
>>94394514

>Muslim superhero
>named Isis

Nobody in the office said anything, DC? Really? Not a goddamn single person said "hey you know what this might sound like she's with that terrorist organization"? Like goddamn you can't even use the buddhist swastika for peace without people jumping at "DAS A NAZI!!!" and that happened over seventy fucking years ago!
>>
>>94396055
Superman is more of the nice family book, and Action Comics is the "punch stuff a lot" book
>>
>>94394514
>CW
>Giving a shit
My only problem is if they're gonna give Isis, Black Adam's power if he's not in the show (Or is he? I don't watch CW shit).
>>
>>94394514
KeK, You dumb bastard, DC

Marvel already did this, and managed to not be so fucking on the nose about it.
>>
ISIS the group isn't even actually called ISIS and I don't know why everyone calls them that
>>
>>94396213
So you wouldnt recommend Action Comics then?
>>
File: 1444545209278.png (677KB, 1049x803px) Image search: [Google]
1444545209278.png
677KB, 1049x803px
>>94396146
>>94396164
>>94396179
Was it a honeypot thread?

SHEEEEIT
>>
File: 1460797336586.png (74KB, 194x251px) Image search: [Google]
1460797336586.png
74KB, 194x251px
>>94394514
Well now I can just say that the big two publishers are garbage instead of having to clarify that Marvel is worse. Thanks DC.
>>
Isnt she related to black adam?. I remember her in that deathstroke arc where he would get high on dead teens and watched his daughter fuck. Adam's son was part of the team
>>
File: Guy-Fawkes.jpg (6KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Guy-Fawkes.jpg
6KB, 300x250px
>>94394514
remember that religious extremist that tried to bomb a government building (and kill the country's leader) to install his kind of religion in charge?

people think he's a hero now.
>>
>>94396355
no they don't you fucking idiot
>>
>>94395002
Except everything you fucking dcuck.
>>
>>94396230
They would occasionally be rather stupid with it. But I think for the most part they kept her more to superhero'ing than politics.
>>
>>94396355
>You know them statistics yeah but what about this cherry picked data point haha suck it basic reasoning I win again
>>
>>94396230
>2006
>>
>>94395002
>>94395114
>>94395354

Nobody knows or cares about DC characters who aren't Superman, Batman, Flash or Wonder Woman
>>
>>94395364
He's ethnically Jewish but he was never religiously Jewish since his rabbi dad hated his guts since the day he was born.
>>
>>94396031
This. These people who try to write Muslim characters really don't know much about Muslims.
>>
>>94396352
She was Black Adam's lover IIRC
>>
>>94396352
Yeah. She died at the end of 52 and her brother went nuts trying to bring her back to life by killing people in her name. This did bring her back, but corrupted her because she was supposed to be a goddess of life, not death. Then Flashpoint happened and I think she has mostly been MIA like the rest of the Marvel Family
>>
>>94396450
>Nobody knows or cares about DC characters who aren't... Batman... or Wonder Woman

I fixed it for you
>>
>>94396462
wife before she was killed by the science society if i remember correctly. it was very much comic book absurdity.
>>
>>94394632
>I cant remember the last time she was in comic
In a good comic? 52.
She also appeared in that godawful Titans for hire.
>>
>>94396454
Ummm... Not all Muslims maybe?????
>>
>>94395326
That was a film.
>>
>>94396355
No they don't.
>>
File: 1440434940391.jpg (709KB, 766x754px) Image search: [Google]
1440434940391.jpg
709KB, 766x754px
Why are all the Muslim superheroes female?
>>
>>94394660
>This could be a good time to really address the abuse of Coptic Christians in Egypt.
That sounds like an Egyptian issue, this is America you filthy foreigner so talk about American problems
>>
>>94396355
Technically Guido Fawkes was just a mercenary that Robert Catesby brought in because they were all minor nobles and didn't know how to blow shit up good.

Also religion and political allegiance were pretty tied together so it wasn't a pure theological or even ideological rebellion.

Also no they don't. We still have Guy Fawkes Night even if they're trying to get rid of it for Diwali everywhere.
>>
>>94396402
>>94396559
>>94396435

tell that to those who use his mask now like he's some sort of internet superhero/vigilante.
>>
>>94396564
Good question.
>>
File: EFG.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
EFG.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>94396596
You mean Epic Fail Guy?
>>
>>94396564

Because cute brown girls sell books better than violent brown men.
>>
>>94396564
Its another layer of armor against valid criticism. The fact that shes a woman means any negative comment can be written off as sexist. Furthermore, its just bonus points for virtue signaling
>>
>a computer hacker
Fucking why
>>
>>94396564
Makes sense actually. They're opressed more often in cultures where their religion is most common, so they would tend towards being heroes, but the men would be either anti-heroes or villains.
>>
>>94396031
Anon we're talking about a comics that regularly uses Pagan Gods as concrete figures in the modern world as well as the incarnate of the Judeo-Christian God.
>>
>>94396564
Muslims are a very progressive people and most real life superheroes are Muslim women.
>>
>>94396438
DC: Let's take this already existing character that's based heavily in Egyptian mythology and make her our Islam sounding board so we can score those sweet sweet brownie points with the diversity crowd. Boy are we good at this.
>>
>>94396659
Because CW writers are creatively bankrupt and hacking is basically magic in their universe considering all the handwaving they can do with it
>>
>>94396664
None of which means shit to a Muslim because if it don't fit the Qu'ran it's to be discarded.

It's like you people have never lived or grown up around Muslims before.
>>
>>94396692
Have you? Anon you're generalizing a whole lotta people here.
>>
>>94395002
I know all that it's still being tone deaf.

They really should have taken the name ISIL instead of ISIS, that would make things now easier.
>>
File: isis.jpg (9KB, 114x200px) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
9KB, 114x200px
Anons, please. Can we just FOR A SECOND talk about the deletion of ancient Egyptians through Muslim cultural appropration? Just because they're all dead doesn't mean they can't be OFFENDED. I feel SICK right now, DC.

That name and dem titties hanging out say she ain't a Muslim, she's Egyptian.
>>
File: CmonSon.gif (959KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
CmonSon.gif
959KB, 450x254px
>>94394787
This. Isis was named as such by her people due to her godlike abilities which she used to heal people and to fight poverty and famine. Now she's reduced to another random computer genius (what are we up to, six now?) in the CW-verse?
>>
>>94396692
But the holy Bible also says that there is only One God and that worshipping false idols is bad and that witchcraft is a sin against god.
Muslims are not unique in that
>>
>>94396725
Yes. Grew up in Bradford and Birmingham, then moved to Slough. Currently living in South London.
>>
>>94395200
Is Billy Batson still a Christian?
>>
>>94396596
That's a fucking V for Vendetta reference you newfag.
>>
>>94396810
Ok but have you have lived with muslims before ?
>>
>>94396692
I just hung out with a Muslim friend today. She just finished school majoring in psych and is looking to get into social work
>>
>>94396817

Birmingham is a Muslim enclave, anon.
>>
>>94396844
Sounds english though.
>>
>>94394514
name isis?

where does it asy that?
>>
>>94396844
Sure but have you lived with muslims before? Y'know, say hello and have a cup of tea and talk about the weather?
>>
>>94396856
What he means is that some Muslims live near him that he's never spoken to, but they come from somewhere else and have smelly food so they are evil
>>
>>94396880

I'm not that anon, but I have actually. I lived in Egypt.

They're nice people, but completely batshit retarded when it comes to religion. Most of them don't even like their religion, they just slavishsly follow it without thinking about it. They're trapped.
>>
>>94396899
>they come from somewhere else and have smelly food so they are evil
Man anon is gonna freak when he realizes that the entire world is literally filled with those type of people.
>>
>>94396692
It's more like YOU never have and you only have this idealized version of Muslims in your head.

I spent yonks in Jakarta and even in Indonesia where there essentially aren't even any Jewish people they still say they don't like 'em. Even if they don't follow hijab and a few other rules there as much as in the Mid East they still somehow ended up with that particular part of it.
>>
>>94396922
Ah, like Catholics then
>>
>>94396944
Pretty much. The middle east is just a gigantic sober Ireland.
>>
>>94396564
Because they can't all be Arabian Knight
>>
>>94396567
>Talk about American problems
I really want a cheeseburger but I'm too lazy to go drive and get one.
>>
>>94396970
>People actually payed for this tripe
It's always nice to get a reminder of just how much lower there is you can go.
>>
>>94396564
Couple factors. Foremost is probably that western readership is generally intimidated by the appearance of young men from predominantly Muslim countries. Young women from the same countries, on the other hand, engender less suspicion and distrust. There's also the case of legibility: Muslim men are less easily identified as Muslim than a Muslim woman, whose dress typically makes her religion immediately apparent.
>>
>>94396970
I miss Arabian Knight. I remember ages ago reading one of those Marvel comics with six stories in them and one of them was about the original Arabian Knight, and i remember it ended with him returning home and getting nagged by his three wives, looking to the reader and saying "Hey, i may be a hero, but i'm still a husband."

Dunno why but from then on i always found him just so damn endearing.
>>
>>94397076
Also Cute brown girls > cute brown guys
>>
>>94396690
Do you not read comic books or are you just larping as a retard?
>>
>>94395404
considering how many businesses with Isis in their name that have had to shut down because of people thinking they were connected to terrorists, probably not
>>
File: this thread.png (35KB, 688x691px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
35KB, 688x691px
>>
>>94397153
But that's literally what's happening.
>>
>>94397208
You're retarded. Why does /tv/ even come hear if they aren't going to learn about comics and pretend they know.
>>
>>94397190
Oh shit an ms paint comic.

Pack it up boys, we've lost this one.
>>
>>94397243
But the character isn't a Muslim in the comics you moron, they're changing her to be one in the show.
>>
>>94397245
Lost what? I was just making fun of this.
>>
>>94396664
>>94396533
>>94396939

Right. There's different levels of muslimfaggotry.
It's one thing to work on a big two comic, it would be something else to work on Dr Strange, New Gods, or Ghost Rider, or Satana, or Preacher. And then it would be even further to have Mohammed show up, or have muslims engaing in witchcraft.

I mean that Ardian Syaf dude got quite a bit of flack from other muslims for doing a comic with Storm on it, and working for permulter because he's jewish, and he's actually fairly moderate for a muslim.

I mean, imagine, in the golden age, some comic writer saying

>>"We want to fight anti irish cathloic discrimination, so the next Ghost Rider will be irish catholic prohibition cop Shamus McGillicutty, who gets posessed by the Demon Baezelbub and fights moonshiners and bootleggers in the ozarks, with the ancient celtic Sword of Slaine. We will be having special pagan sacrifice covers as well.

>Ennis and Laplan on writing. Jasen Burrows and Noble on art.

There's nothing WRONG with that pitch, but you should be suprised if the local bishop doesn't see it as being very supportive of Catholics.
>>
>>94396725
>generalizing
Generalising is a useful tool which is applied to every single thing apart from humans without issue as a result of pattern recognition being basically what makes us an intelligent species.

Generalisation is also applied to humans in multiple industries such as advertising, or across multiple metrics such as gender, height, attractiveness, etc.

Generalisation is, however, bad in this one very specific instance when applied to humans and in regards to race because (???)

People who think generalisation is bad when talking about populations are fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>94396564
What about the Green Lantern dude?
>>
>>94397261
>But the character isn't a Muslim in the comics
What makes you say that?
>>
>>94397333
>Generalising is a useful tool which is applied to every single thing apart from humans without issue as a result of pattern recognition being basically what makes us an intelligent species.
You're sprouting bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>94394514
Can't stop the Guggie Train.
>>
File: Arrow Season 4.jpg (107KB, 956x813px) Image search: [Google]
Arrow Season 4.jpg
107KB, 956x813px
>>94394632
>>94394585
>>
>>94397341
Because she isn't. Do you somehow have some proof that she is? Because that would be absolutely fascinating to see.
>>
>>94394632
Easy drama moments
Spew out some techno babble and type something quickly
>>
>>94397304
The bishop may not but the irish catholic fans would love the shit out of that.
>BRO YOU GOTTA CHECK THE NEW GHOST RIDER
>HE'S WICKED AWESOME
>>
>>94397386
>Do you somehow have some proof that she is?
Yeah, she's gonna be Muslim soon enough which is proof that,in at least on iteration, she is Muslim.
>in the end that's what's gonna be canon
>you are powereless to stop this
>>
>>94397304
Anon it straight up goes against one of the pillars of Islam to accept the existence of other gods, there's no ifs, ands or buts about it and there're zero theological schools of Islam that have ever gone against the five pillars.
>>
>>94397386
Not that Anon but if they're gonna make her Egyptian instead of from Kahndaq since Black Adam isn't in the show, aren't most Egyptians practicing Islam/Muslim anyway?
>>
>>94397386
She's comes from a country with a large muslim population, it's more probable she is Muslim then she isn't.
>now for a 500 points, Name that country.
>>
>>94397417
The same goes for Judaism and Christianity, so I guetss that means no Jews or Christians in comics anymore.
>also atheists and agnostics
>>
It's entirely possible she's considers herself a Muslim, but is not a fundamentalist and is a relatively relaxed about how she practices her religion. She could even drink alcohol and eat pork. Or she starts as a devout Muslim but then has her powers and starts to think about shit differently but doesn't renounce her faith, just has new perspective on it. It could go numerous different ways.
>>
I can't believe there's so much Assblast from a CW show.
>>
>>94397363
100% truth. Name one thing on this earth that does not benefit from generalisation? Bearing in mind that generalisation is applying statistical trends of a population to smaller subsets of that population. AKA is you're looking for a bug that hides in Fir trees 150% of the time it hides in Pine trees on average overall, there would, given a wide enough range of subsets, contain an instance where you are more likely to find the bug in a Pine tree, but it's still stupid to look in the Pine trees before the Fir OR to look non-discriminately, because from the information available, you know you're much more likely to find what you're looking for in the Fir. However people who complain about generalisation look at that statistical data and say "We shouldn't prioritise Fir trees, we should search trees non-discriminatory, look at this time when the result wasn't what the trend would indicate it would be. Applied to humans, this would be like if I had to choose between a Japanese american or a negro american (knowing nothing else about these people and without the means to obtain more information) to do something maths based. Only a brainwashed idiot wouldn't prioritise Japman in the selection.

And about the IQ thing, that ain't bullshit either. Also, the word is spouting.
>>
>>94394514
I told you fags DC was turning into Marvel.
>>
>>94397432
She's from Egypt in the comics too.
First appearance has intergang introducing as a gift to Black Adam.
>the most beatiful virgin in all of Egypt.
>>
>>94394514
I'd feel bad for Black Adam fans but this seems only marginally worse than that stuff a decade ago.
>>
>>94397552
What if the black guy was a genius mathematician?
>>
>>94397564
I haven't read 52 in a while but yeah I think you're right since Black Adam goofied the slavers. So what's wrong with making her Muslim? Aren't most Egyptians Muslim anyway?

>>94397560
I don't think the Comic division interferes with the CW shows Anon.
>>
>>94397416
>Ask for proof that she's a muslim in the comics
>"No, she's a muslim in the show."
Anon is English your first language?

>>94397432
Anon i'm asking about in the comics, not the show.

>>94397451
And she also doesn't follow hijab and gets her powers from a pagan Egyptian god, how on earth could it be probable that she's a Muslim?
>>
>>94395961
They are probably not going to make ONE omni-bus. If you live in the US, check out if your library has the trades, either on digital or to check out. I just read the first Aquaman trade that way.
>>
>>94397588
>Aren't most Egyptians Muslim anyway?
Not the ones that get superpowers from Egyptian gods.

For real though there're also alot of Coptic Christians and Jewish people there too.
>>
>>94397598
>Anon i'm asking about in the comics, not the show.
Well she's Egyptian in both. I don't know the relevance of talking about the history of comic books in CW shows since they're all kinda "lax" in terms of continuity.
>>
>>94397610
I wasnt referring to both Action and Superman being in one omni, Id probably get both. Speaking of Aquaman, where the fuck is that Johns Aquaman omni?
>>
>>94397598
>I'm talking about the comics
>she's actually Egyptian in the comics
>>
File: 1488984568861.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1488984568861.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>94394514
>Isis
>named after egyptian goddess
>WE GOTTA MAKE A MUSLIM CHARACTER
>hacker shit
This is why I'm not watching any of these shows anymore.
>>
>>94397588
>I don't think the Comic division interferes with the CW shows Anon.
blackwallyjpg.
>>
>>94397626
But jews and christians also only believe in one God and that the belief of other gods existing is blasphemy.
>>
>>94397417
Ah, but it's writing fictional works with other gods characters that accept the existance of other gods.

>>94397473
A crucial difference is that jews and christians don't get all Charlie Hebbo in the same way. And they haven't gotten that way about fictional works in decades.

>>94397341
It hasn't been a thing in any of the comics she's been in. Magical Egyptian paganisim is about as fucking incompatible with islam. And because practicing muslims are like vegans You know very early on.

>>94397393
All we need to do is get Islamic Jihad to settle down to say Dropkick Murphys level of violence, and it will be a much better world.
>>
>>94397632
And i'm asking for proof that she's a muslim in the comic books, which i asked here >>94397386 and received >>94397416 as an answer.

I'm asking if there's actually proof that she's a muslim in the comic books and all i'm getting is people saying "Well she's Egyptian" as if all Egyptians are muslim and all Egyptian muslimas ignore hijab.
>>
>>94397654
Black Wally was before the show anon
>>
>>94397654
Isn't Iris in the show Black? I mean are they following the comic where Iris and Wally aren't really related? if Yes then I'd agree but if Wally is black because they're supposed to be related then I don't think its the case.

>>94397667
Okay I admit there is no actual proof of her being Muslim but dude it's a CW show, they like to add minorities and shit, can't do much about it.
>>
>>94394752
Guggenhack strikes again. It's cool that they used Isis but fuck him if he thinks I want to hear about his stupid political mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>94397586
>What if?

What if the bug is in the Pine tree more than the Fir Tree?
Think of it in investment terms because that makes it simpler. Going by SAT scores, the odds of Japman being better at maths than Blackman are high. This doesn't mean El Jappo will be better than El Toro Negro in 100% of cases, it simply means that he's got a much higher chance of being the better choice.

Now, you understand in this investment, lets say you're investing 1000 moneys into either Japson or Negglo. The payout is 2000 if you pick the correct choice (In this case, the better mathematician.
Japlor has a 5/6 chance of being the better mathematician.
Jessica Negro has a 1/6 chance of being the better mathematician

Who do you put your money on? Yes the 1/6 chance WILL crop up sometimes, but seeing as the payout is the same, it's a needless risk to choose the 1/6 option over the 5/6 option.
This is what generalisation is. A purely logical, pattern based metric aiming to maximise your payout (doesn't have to be money, could be anything you desire). You don't have all the information so you can't make the best decision 100% of the time, but no investment ever became rich by just putting each option as a 50/50 and randomly choosing between them, and that's what you idiots champion. The absolute definition of anti-intellectualism.
>>
Is the show any good? I know it has my boy Firestorm in it and apparently B'wana Beast is appearing soon so that's gotten me interested, is it worth catching up on?
>>
>>94397701
Coptic christians are oppressed as fuck. And egyptian would make her a minority to start with.

Prediction: This stupid hacker shit will be worse than any islamic shit in the show.
>>
>>94394514
>the character is a practicing Muslim

They know nothing of Muslims, no Muslim would wear that skimpy outfit.
>>
>>94397667
But you also have no proof that she wasn't.
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (20KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
20KB, 258x196px
>>94394641
>there is one god Allah in Islam
>she draws power from one of Egyptian goddesses Isis
You realize first one defetas the entire premise of second one, right?
>>
>>94396564
>Dr. Faiza Hussain
>Captain Britain
LMAO
>>
>>94397552
>Only a brainwashed idiot wouldn't prioritise Japman in the selection.

Actually I think I'd prioritize knowledge of math.

To torture the tree selection analogy, it's like judging the quality of apple tree by the color of it's bark instead of the apples it produces. I'm sure you can probably compare the shade of a tree's bark to the size and color of the fruit it produces and find that trees of a particular hue are generally more productive than other hues. Or you could just look at the fucking apples and make your judgement based on that.
>>
>>94397757
The way she dresses.
>>
>>94397659

Clearly only Muslims actually care what their holy book says and adhere 100% to each line in it. Except when they don't.
>>
>>94397737
>Who do you put your money on?
the one with the best business plan. You're kinda jumping from place tobolace with your arguments.
>>
>>94397755
No, they know everything, they are literally waiting to get raped by men and be forced to wear hijab. They want to be treated like items.
>>
>>94397765
Don't the Marvel Family and Black Adam Family get their power from the Rock of Eternity/The Wizard and not from their respective gods/goddesses?
>>
>>94397765
Blue Devil.
>>
File: 1499604391412.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499604391412.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
>>94395547
It says she's from the future. Clearly it's from a "utopia" where Muslims rose up and overthrew that devil Trump and made America safe for all of Muslimkind to invade. And don't forget the President from her time is also a tranny somehow.
>>
>>94397826
Solomon and Atlas weren't gods
>>
>>94397795
Do all Muslim women dress the same?
>>
>>94397854
They don't wear outfits exposing 99% of their legs and navel, if that's what you mean. Keep in mind she looks like >>94394514 and >>94396438 in the comics. A proper muslima would dress more like >>94396230
>>
>>94397806
>the one with the best business plan
>>94397552
>(knowing nothing else about these people and without the means to obtain more information)
Wew lad. I'm not jumping from place to place, you're jumping over my words. The point is you will never be 100% informed, especially when dealing with people, so you will always have to make judgement call. It is better to make a judgement call in the direction backed by physical evidence than blind ideology.

>>94397785
>Or you could just look at the fucking apples and make your judgement based on that.
Are you going to closely inspect every single apple out of an orchard now.
Because as I said this is for dealing with POPULATIONS, huge amounts of people, the analogies are because you seem to have some mental block with using simple probability in this one specific scenario because you've been told not to, not because it makes sense. And bear in mind "looking at the apples", depending on the scenario, can have real consequences in all sorts of scenarios.
>>
>>94397765
>Muslims are Monotheists
That's nice, DC is full on Henothesitic tho
>>
>>94397849
Atlas is a titan which is kinda a god since they're the predecessors of the Zeus and friends in Greek Myth ( are they from the 1st-2nd world in Kirby's mind?) but yeah Solomon is just a dude who threatens to chop kids in half
>>
File: 1499412053631.jpg (347KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1499412053631.jpg
347KB, 800x1130px
>>94395934
I like parodies of that comic book.
>>
>>94397832
What about him? He is an Irish Catholic.
>>
>>94397892
That's just part of the magical spell, she has no choice in that matter.
>>
>>94397929
He also sold his soul to the devil.
>>
File: 1431766714797.gif (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1431766714797.gif
2MB, 450x252px
>>94394514
>lot s1 was dogshit
>lot s2 was god-tier (atleast to cw standards) since they said fuck it and went all out
>they pull this shit
>>
>>94397946
Seems Catholic to me bud
>>
>>94397896
Why am I investing money in these people if I know nothing about them.
>>
>>94395547
>The only problem I see with the character so far is whether or not she is written well
>Legends of Tomorrow
>written well
You're talking about a show that went out of its way to revise history by saying that Albert Einstein was never a genius, but rather his wife that let him take all the credit. A show that frequently paints a family friendly version of the past where racism only extends to calling a black man "boy" and "loser".
>>
>>94397904
They literally are. Have you heard them ackbar any god but Allah?
>>
>>94397785
I'll go through with your analogy.
You are to harvest 2 million apples in your bigman orchard. Time is a factor, your workforce is limited. Random Sample Testing (another widely used example of generalising which is used to maximise profits by the way) has shown that say, the trees with the light green bark have 1/40 rotten apples. Trees with a medium grey bark have 1/200 rotten apples. Quality is a concern here for your reputation. Suddenly you find, the tree bark is actually a pretty useful judge because there's no way you can look at 2 million fucking apples especially when some of the rot could be inside.

In fact the whole concept of random sample testing defeats your argument. If you could "just look at the fucking apples" so easily, random sample testing would have no place in industry.

If you prioritise anything anon, it is definitely not knowledge of math, because your stance makes no mathematical sense.
>>
>make character who gets her powers from an ancient Egyptian goddess a Muslim
>said character's name is Isis
Bravo DC, talk about stepping into it, they managed to jump face first.
>>
File: latest[1].png (405KB, 513x390px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
405KB, 513x390px
>>94397757
>>94397826
It's still haram as fuck as sorcery and idol worship, of which the entire Shazam mythos is chock full of. And not haram in like pork eating. We're talking like wiping your ass on a Torah level.

>>94395934
All this shit makes me feel like that guy on the lower left of the picture.

>>94397935
Muslims don't DO magical spells.

>>94397832
An apt comparison.
>>
>>94397951
>lot s2 was god-tier
Please PLEASE kill yourself.
>>
>>94397970
I'm not saying they're not but the reality is that DC follows a Henothesitic approach so any religion that otherwise is wrong.
>>
>>94397967
The payout for the wrong choice is 1500, the correct choice is 2000. The investment is sound, you're just looking to maximise returns. For whatever reason, it's not worth your time to do an extreme vetting (that takes resources), I dunno you got a lot goin on.
>>
>>94397996
>muslims don't do magical spells
I'm sure some do
>>
>>94397996
I feel like in a world filled with sorcery, Islam works a bit differently. Idk.
>>
>>94397996
>apt comparison
How Blue Devil is apt comparison? Danny is a fucking Catholic, he believes in God AND Devil.

Islam literally states Isis can't exist, it's heresy, the character's ideology is more raped than muslim women.
>>
>>94394514
>a response to trump
This has to be the most petty an racist reason to put a minority in a story, ever.
>>
So Muslims don't do what some Christians do and claim the pagan gods could have been demons/fallen angels/Djin/ ect?
>>
>>94398020
Well according to Islam magic is real and so are Djinns, but you're not allowed to practice it.
>>
>>94398024
Me too, if Muslims have a problem with this in the comics than surely so do the jew and Christians but we never see that so we have to assume otherwise and that
The second and third commandments is something entirely different.
>>
>>94397896
>Are you going to closely inspect every single apple out of an orchard now.

Yes, I hire people whose job it is to screen apples after they've been picked and before they're packed and shipped to ensure the quality of my product. Because that's LITERALLY the entire point of growing apples: to produce a good apple.

For fuck's sake, you yourself brought up SAT scores. If you have access to that information than why the fuck would you even bother including race in your selection process? Just look at the math score, dumbass.
>>
>>94395065
Islam doesn't integrate other cultures and local folklore. They deface statues, burn museums and make books illegal.
It makes no sense for a muslim to take the name of a pagan, evil entity. It's worse than making a pig themed muslim hero.
>>
>>94398033
>There appears to be a swing towards mindless alt-right racism and hate
>Let's make our show more representative as a counterpoint

Its been done in a hamfisted fashion, yeah, but its a good reason.
>>
>>94398020
Selfus-explodium!
Ali-baba, ALLAHKAZAM! Forty virgins is not haram!
>>
>>94398079
>Islam doesn't integrate other cultures and local folklore
I dunno know anon that doesn't seem to be right, at least according to the hostory books at least.
>>
>>94398079
Look up Indonesia, my dude, it's where most of the worlds Muslims actually live.
>>
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/891433918108286976
Maybe they'll respond accordingly like the comments here
>>
>>94394514
>Isis
>has the powers of a goddess from the polytheistic pantheon of Egypt
>make her a muslim

Ebin.
>>
>>94398079
Yes. They do.
As someone who works in a city directly interacting with Muslim people of all ages I can say this with absolute confidence.
>>
>>94397844
>she's from a future where ISIS liberated America from the tyranny of democracy and calls herself ISIS to honor her heroes
>>
>>94398075
I literally just told you this. Do you even know the concept of random sample testing and why it is used and what it entails? Because checking every product is simply not feasible in industry, it's a technique used which is basically applied generalisation (If 10% of products of the randomly selected sample of this batch are faulty, we assume 10% of the products we know NOTHING about are faulty), and this actually cannot be argues. Maybe it is feasible for apples, but that's just an analogy for goods.
Why are you so willing to fight for a position that makes no logical sense that you would take a stance that makes no logical sense in an analagous setting?

>>94398075
>For fuck's sake, you yourself brought up SAT scores. If you have access to that information than why the fuck would you even bother including race in your selection process? Just look at the math score, dumbass.
You have (and you do, by the way) access to the average SAT scores by race. Not individual. This is in the analogy to show that stereotyping has a scientific and statistical backing.
>>
>>94394514
All I know osira was a D.C. character now it's a r34 OC who likes her cervix tickled by monsters
>>
File: sombra_by_liang_xing-daohh2e.jpg (215KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
sombra_by_liang_xing-daohh2e.jpg
215KB, 774x1032px
>>94394514
>"Having a character who’s a computer hacker and is from the future but also happens to be Muslim, it’s a nice, important aspect of her character.”

Cause god knows we need another "ethnic" hacker type in entertainment, right?
>>
>>94394755
they cant you freaking imbecile
>>
>>94397983
>Suddenly you find, the tree bark is actually a pretty useful judge

Except it isn't because what you're suggesting is that I throw away an entire fucking harvest because 1 in 40 apples is rotten. That knowledge will be useful in planning next harvest, but not now when I still have 39/40 good apples. Which is what I'm looking for.
>>
>>94398198
Good sir you will NOT slander my waifu ever again or there will be dire repercussions for you, is that understood?

And besides, this show already has a bunch of them anyway.
>>
>>94394755
there was even a pharmaceutical company called ISIS which quietly changed its name to Ionis because of the terrorist group
>>
>>94398137
Won't be surprised if someone throws acid at her.
>>
>>94398176
>This is in the analogy to show that stereotyping has a scientific and statistical backing.
Not really
>>
>>94398137
Fucking hell. That video gave me cancer.

>girl kisses girl
>SHE'S QUEER, Y'ALL

What happened to "gay"? Is being queer more "woke" these days?
>>
>have a character named Isis
>gets powers from a goddess belonging to a polytheistic pantheon
>why don't we make her a Muslim guise?
This seems like the kind of prank /pol/ or /b/ would pull, something couched in politically correct terms so normies and retards eat it up and spread it further but designed to make people mad or uncomfortable when you really think about it.
>>
>>94398271
I remember when "queer" was an insult.
>>
>>94398271
What is queer anyway? Wasn't it basically like calling someone a faggot back in the early 2000s?
>>
>>94394514
"What shall we call her?"

"We'll call her Isis, because that will really make people warm to her."
>>
>>94398176
>You have (and you do, by the way) access to the average SAT scores by race. Not individual

Well why the fuck not? Is the applicant not willing to submit his Math SAT score for this position where such a score is apparently integral to the selection process? This isn't a matter of generalization not being useful, it's about your chosen generalizations not making sense for your analogy.
>>
>>94398288
I'm old enough that I remember when it just meant "weird" like "Queer as a 3 dollar bill."
>>
>>94398288
It's pretty much trying to be in with the oppressed crowd without the commitment of being trans/liking someone the same gender as you.
>>
>>94398290
The fag community managed to do some mental gymnastics to flip the word around into something they see as positive. To them it means "not really sure if gay, straight or bi" and yet in circumstances like that twitter video, they default to "queer" even though it's clearly a lesbian relationship.
>>
>>94398284
But she's just a hacker in legends, why are you talking about Egyptian gods?
>>
Will they talk about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

Moses is technically one of the Prophet in islam.
>>
>>94398224
>Except it isn't because what you're suggesting is that I throw away an entire fucking harvest because 1 in 40 apples is rotten
I did not say that was the only option. I simply said you should GENERALISE, distinguish between the apples which have a much higher chance to be faulty goods and those that don't. Maybe you only screen the apples from the green bark trees, whereas the reputation/replacement loss suffered from the less than 1/200 resulting faulty product, is less valuable than the labour required in sifting through the lets say 1.9 million apples that come from the 1/200 faulty rate trees.

And again, you are not arguing about hypotheticals here, we have many, many many real world examples to choose from. You are arguing against the system CURRENTLY used by multiple industries, including industries such as pharmaceuticals where quality control is strictly regulated, AND bearing in mind that industry is where maximising profit is priority. If random sample testing didn't maximise profits in multiple industries, it wouldn't be so widely used. The reputation lost from the odd faulty product going through is outweighed by the money saved by not having to test every single product, hence generalising helped them maximise their value.
You're assuming infinite resources and your company would quickly go bankrupt because you're investing more into the goods than they are worth. Checking 2 million individual apples takes a LOT of time, and apples don't sell for THAT much. Your position is so illogical that you are literally arguing against universally accepted economic theory.
>>
>>94394802
did he have a golden cock?
>>
i'm um happy it's Isis and not an OC....
>>
>>94398362
There are never characters with just one specialty in Legends. Even gimmick characters like Snart and Mick had more skills than simply cold and heat guns. Or they later developed new skills along the way.

This Muslim chick might start off as a simple hacker from the future, but she WILL get powers later on. I'm sure of it. Also count on her being gay with White Canary.
>>
>>94394514
Absolute fucking madmen.
>>
>>94395934
FUCK ALL MUSLIMS
>>
>>94394514
Stupid Canadians
>>
>>94394514
Why does Guggenheim still have a job? He ruined Arrow, Berlanti and Kreisberg are the brains behind the CW shows and his comics are some of the worst I've ever read.
>>
>>94398440
Shit I could boil this down to one headline really.

"Avid Trump supporter attacks BLM activist"
Do you REALLY make no assumptions about race here in either corner? If you don't you're a retard and you know it.
>>
>>94398550
This. I can honestly tell you that I prefer Slott's Spider-Man to his and I'm one of the loudest Slott detractors on this board. He's that fucking bad.
>>
Islam is trash and anyone who defends it is fucking trash as well.
>>
FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>94398440
>Maybe you only screen the apples from the green bark trees

I already planned to screen the entire harvest, screening only apples from one type of tree is absurd, as is your implication that 1/200 failure rate is an acceptable scenario. Whether the apples come from rot prone trees or not has no bearing on the screening process or the acceptable failure rate. Workers are expected to look over each apple. They are not expected to be fishing out bad apples to a degree that small increase in physical sorting will significantly affect output. As such presorting apples according to bark color is itself a waste of resources.

Once again, this isn't a matter of generalization being a useful or even necessary quality of human organization. It's a matter of using generalities when there is no need, or even to your own detriment.
>>
>>94398692
But as I mentioned, bad apples are not always visible.

How are you going to get your workers to check each apple when they have to destroy each product to properly check it?
>>
>>94398552
Of course I can make assumptions, but if the race of either person actually mattered to me for whatever reason in this one particular scenario, I would strive to actually validate my assumptions and not simply accept my assumption as fact.
>>
>>94398773
If the bad apples can't be detected via screening without destroying the apple, then extra screening for the failure prone trees is pointless. You are once again asking me to discard an entire harvest, but now based entirely on the presence of an even smaller selection of apples that can't be sorted for. Fuck that. It's going to market. If the lighter shade tree bark apples are such a significant part of my crop, I can't afford to throw it all away. If it's not, then dilution in the stock of other apples will render the increase of rotted apples fairly insignificant.
>>
>>94398782
Yes it's always best to validate your assumptions. That's completely besides the point though and assuming a perfect world without limitations, and EVEN then you still generalise with people because people are so complex you can't get 100% of the information on them.
And not only does it not make sense from a resources standpoint, some things either literally cannot or should not be validated. Maybe you assume Tyrone's offer of weed is roguery and he's actually going to bring you back to his bros and rob you, have fun validating that one m80.

You should not simply accept your assumption as fact, but you should always go for the "best bet" on the information you HAVE. If you get more information, update that, and I'm not saying you shouldn't seek out that information, I'm saying that sometimes seeking out that information is worth less than the value of the information you get, and as already shown, economics and basic logic in general agree with me.
>>
Snyder ruined the best Superman to appear on screen, never even gave Batfleck a chance to spread his leathery wings and fly and left the franchise wide open for Wonder Woman to become the cash cow capstone. Get used to thinly veiled-to-outright deliberate jabs at "the patriarchy."
>>
>>94394755
Persona 5 has you able to create the Goddess ISIS and nobody blew up about it
>>
>>94398957
>You are once again asking me to discard an entire harvest
I said not always visible. So you will still have a rate if you don't screen them all, which decreases the value of screening because the cost remains the same whereas you still may get a significant and like I mentioned plenty of times, you are brushing past the cost of screening 2 million apples.

Also a 1/200 faulty product rate isn't fucking reason to discard an entire crop it's well within the acceptable range.
>>
>>94394757
Why the fuck is a show about superheroes fighting in the future even making a "Hurr Drumpf is bad" message?
>>
>>94394588
seems more like straight-up trolling
>>
>>94395002
This. I also believe I would never have even heard of this if not for OPs miserable whining.
>>
>>94394755
Oh well Isis was the shittiest faction of egypt in AOM anyway
>>
>ITT: its ok when DC does it
>>
>>94395002
>Take egyptian character named after egyptian Goddess
> Make her Muslim cause those sand niggers are all the same
Wow, so diverse
>>
You know, this could actually be interesting, having her character arc be the conflict she feels between her strong faith in Islam and receiving her powers from a pagan deity.

But they won't fucking touch it.
>>
>>94399126
They went full on Madame President before the election.
>>
>>94396538
This is a comic.
>>
File: deletethislater.jpg (110KB, 1344x755px) Image search: [Google]
deletethislater.jpg
110KB, 1344x755px
>>94398238

Oh, i'm sorry. (not)

Here, Hitman 2016's "hacktivist."
>>
File: IMG_7245.jpg (69KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7245.jpg
69KB, 320x240px
>>94394632
>>94394514
How can you say that about ISIS? I love ISIS, and ISIS loves me! She's not so bad - ISIS just needs someone to believe in her! Can't you just give ISIS a chance?
>>
>>94395200
>Billy Batson
He's like 12 though.
>>
>>94397473
>>94397659
A common misconception, other gods are mentioned as being real in the Bible, but YHWH is the only creator deity; any other god who claims to be the true creator is lying, and actively worshiping any other god is punished by damnation.
>>
File: tribe member.jpg (8KB, 376x58px) Image search: [Google]
tribe member.jpg
8KB, 376x58px
>>94394585
>Jesus Christ, why does Guggenheim still get work? And why does he think hacking is somehow a superpower?
>why does Guggenheim still get work?
The tribe looks out for each other.
>>
>>94399174
This. Cant we get them into somee shit over that?
>>
File: Daesh.jpg (1MB, 1280x1719px) Image search: [Google]
Daesh.jpg
1MB, 1280x1719px
>>94394514
She's been called Isis, after the Egyptian goddess Isis, since the 1970s. She's basically Mary Marvel but instead of sharing their powers, she gets hers from Isis instead.

When she was in the Shazam! show.

You know, the Shazam! you've all been bitching isn't getting represented now that Captain Marvel is getting a movie?

You do know ISIS is an acronym that only works in English, not Arabic, right? Arabic doesn't even have vowels, just implied vowels. That's why they're called Daesh by normal people. ISIS is what they want you to call them because you can only fear what you feel confident pronouncing.

And... you know that Isis the character is a fourth-wall breaker generally, yeah? They're making a Femmepool so that they can dick around. Making her muslim is a lot easier story-wise than making her another white bitch from some Americatown-esque hellhole who just happens to go to Egypt for a vacation and just happens to steal an ancient artifact from a dig site, because get this, Egyptian-Americans are totally a thing. There's about 210,000 of them in the US alone, and depending on who you ask they're either largely Coptic, or largely muslim. Either way, there's a much higher than average chance that an Egyptian-American is muslim, as 90% of Egyptians are muslim.

So now we have a situation where you're getting GUARANTEED REPLIES for bitching about a white woman who has always been depicted with the powers of an arabesque-looking goddess being arabesqued. There's plenty of screwy religious shit to go around with Shazam and Isis, and this is what finally made you snap?

Dickhead.

>>94399137
Undoubtedly.
>>
Why point out she's Muslim? We don't know the religious affiliation of anyone across any of the DCTV aside from Constantine being a lapsed Catholic which was relevant to the plot.
>>
File: gah.png (97KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
gah.png
97KB, 274x184px
>>94394755
Isn't this name similarity albatross the same thing that ruined the Greatest American Hero TV show?
>>
>>94399942
Imagine being so buttblasted you write a fucking essay on 4chan
>>
>>94399942
>You do know ISIS is an acronym that only works in English, not Arabic, right?
So they are going to air it in Arabic?
Here, listen to my character idea : A German called Adolfo Nazzi.
What wrong with it? It's a real name.
Christ, are you just fucking retarded or something?
>That's why they're called Daesh by normal people.
No. Daesh was a vain attempt to discredit ISIS as being "not-real-muslims" but nobody used it and nobody call it like that.
>>
>>94399115

That also has a cock demon and a JRPG that only weeabos care about, so who cares what manchildren play in private.
>>
>>94399942
>ISIS is what they want you to call them because

no, they would prefer to be known as Islamic State - or I.S. - precisely because they realised that ISIS was more widely recognised in the west as an Egyptian God

aside from that though, no argument pal
>>
>>94400097
Go read global rule 6 you little faggot. I am not even that anon but acting like low-effort, insincere shit is the only way to post is fucking retarded. Not every board is /b/ (or /pol/ or /tv/ now).

Niggas in /diy/ help me kit out half my fucking house, and you're like "nuh they should just post memes and shit anyone who posts more is butthurt". Fucking neck yourself.
>>
>>94399952
She wasn't Muslim originally so I guess they're pointing out changes to the character. But it makes no fucking sense and is honestly completely disrespectful
>>
>>94399942
Isn't even of for a muslim to take the name of another religion's god?
Isn't that blasphemy from muslim POW, and appropriation from ancient egypt religion POW?
>>
>>94400164
>Not that Anon
Riiiight
>>
> In her comic book roots, Zari’s alter-ego was Isis, after the Egyptian goddess. However, because of current events, it was decided that she won’t be taking the moniker.

> “We just didn’t want the baggage,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said. “Especially given that we are doing a Muslim superhero, it was just like opening a can of worms.”

http://www.thewrap.com/dcs-legends-tomorrow-eps-introduce-new-character-zari-adrianna/
>>
File: laughing satan man.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing satan man.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>94394514
>is from the future in a world with walking gods
>still believes in fake ones
Like Islam itself, this is retarded.
>>
File: IMG_0148.jpg (76KB, 970x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
76KB, 970x679px
>>94396567
>expecting these people to address the issue Christians people faces anywhere.
>>
>>94400280
>change her name
>change her character completely
>change her backstory
>change her abilities
>make a character that gets powers from particular gods believe in a different god

So what's the point of calling it the same character?
>>
Cool. Always a big fan of heroes that incorporate history, foreign cultures and mythology.

Only uncultured swines want nothing but American Flying Brick #388
>>
>>94394514

the funniest thing is a muslim naming themselves after another religion's god is going to be very offensive to muslims and normies are going to be asking why a superhero is called Isis
>>
>>94394514
What comics can I read to learn about this character?
>>
>>94394514
Didn't Isis die before Islam was even a thing?
>>
Nice comics
>>
>>94400472
The God? Yes
>>
>>94400385
i really think it's just an attempt to court controversy

DC are going to get some free publicity from all this, and the fact that it spits on the unmarked graves of those hundreds of thousands killed brutally by ISIS means nothing to them, because they gotta sell dem trades

oh and yeah, there's probably some political agenda on the part of several writers, but DC have greenlit it for the cold hard ca$h
>>
>taking back a perfectly good name adopted by shitheads

this is positive you spineless racists
>>
>>94394660
That's not a bad idea.
>>
>>94394685
Wait is that why they tried to change the name? That's fucking hilarious. How incompetent can you get.
>>
>>94395992

Only good thing out of this thread. Noted for later, cheers anon
>>
>>94400472
Cleopatra was descended from ISIS, but Augustus *nothing personal'd* her only child, and Cleopatra had killed her brother earlier. This was like 400 years before Islam.

Do note that Islam is like 80% Judaism/Christianity, at least one of which is older than the last pharaoh.
>>
>>94399115
Yeah but that's from japan
>>
>>94399115
>M-Muh attack on m-muh racist freedoms!

Isis wasn't exactly common before all this. She was in La Mulana too, and one of the bands I dig released an album called "the living isis" not that long ago.
>>
File: isis04-00.jpg (195KB, 779x1200px) Image search: [Google]
isis04-00.jpg
195KB, 779x1200px
>>94394514
>New
>>
>>94395934
Scoop scanlan five star reporter is the best story in that comic issue.
>>
>>94396800
Yeah but it's been a while since christians stopped killing people for sinning, unlike several muslim countries
>>
>>94394514
That woman would be stoned to death if she was a practicing Muslim.
>>
>>94394514

Its like a devout christian dude getting powers from an old pagan god. One would think he would have a severe existential crisis at that point. Or the god in question abandoning the vessel because the vessel is an ungrateful retarded fuck who worships a different god despite directly getting powers from another.
>>
>>94394641
Wow, you are seriously stupid.

>>94394514
This is incredibly tone deaf and offensive to both sides. Why would you want to make a muslim character's name Isis, then show them in a positive light? Are you trying to say Isis is doing good? Are you saying all muslims are Isis and they're doing a god's work? This is in such bad taste I'm surprised this even got out of anyone's mouth at a meeting.
>>
>>94394514
Why is it always a MUSLIM superhero?

Where are all the Sikh superheroes?
>>
>>94400694
This would happen only in the most fundamentalist muslim countries like saudi arabia or pakistan.
>>
>>94400845
It's no good if kids today grow up think Isis is nothing but a terrorist organization. It will be the Hitler mustache all over again, ruined forever.
>>
>>94394514

A Muslim girl who dresses like that?

Also, wasn't Adrianna Tomaz originally a Christian, like a Coptic or something?
>>
>>94400851
no one outside of British Columbia or London knows what Sikhs are. And they don't blow themselves up or throw acid at women so they don't need to be pandered to
>>
>>94398161
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>94394514
I actually applaud them for not giving a fuck. Isis is a fine name and only idiots associate it with terrorists anyway.

That said, it's also diversity for the sake of diversity so it's probably souless crap. But there's nothing wrong with the name.
>>
>>94400934

>A Muslim girl who dresses like that?

A muslim girl who not only dresses like that but gets magic powers from a pagan god. Boko Haram would burn her alive for witchcraft.
>>
My dog is called Isis.
>>
>>94400934
It actually shows consistent egalitarian principles to treat muslim super-heroines like any other super-heroine and give her a tight or skin-bearing costume.
giving her a hijab and abaya would be re-inforcing that muslims need special treatment and are thus other in some way.

if you're going to include muslims in a way that embodies america as a cultural melting pot then you need to treat muslims like everyone else
>>
So...First Guggenheim manages to get a penciler that inserts muslim anti-jew messages into his book. Now this.
I smell conspiracy.
>>
>>94394514
>Muslim woman
>Named after an Egyptian God
>A Muslim calling herself Isis
Well that isn't going to go down well with anyone
>>
>>94398161
As someone who lives in Roubaix, no, they do not
>>
>>94401083

Its like a devout catholic getting powers from Zeus. Does not compute.
>>
Why are Americans still calling Islamic State ISIS instead of Daesh or ISIL?
>>
Nepthys is a superior Egyptian goddess anyways
>>
>>94401114
>>94401083
in DC multiple pantheons are referenced and taken to sort-of exist.

why does it suddenly become a problem when muslims are involved.

it's teh same as here >>94400934
>>94401025

why get sensitive and butthurt on their behalf? you should be acting the same as whenever a character from a protestant family gets the powers of hermes, or whatever
>>
>>94401125
Because most of the country (and a few news stations) first heard ISIL and Daesh from Obama and will call them ISIS out of spite.
>>
>>94394514
Isn't it super offensive to muslims to name your character after a terrorist organization? Can't believe DC would think muslims or muslim sympathizers would like this
>>
>>94401125

Because it had already caught on and is catchier than the other names.
>>
Honestly this could have been kind of interesting if they'd taken it a different way.

Egypt is 90% Muslim these days. Having a Muslim gain the powers of an ancient egyptian god could be interesting and a look at polytheistic religion in comparison to monotheism.

.... nah fuck all that just make her a muslim hacker called isis who probably hacks into government files and publishes them after the government treats her badly for being a muslim or somehow mistook her for daesh.
>>
>>94401192
That's fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1474308658218.png (88KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474308658218.png
88KB, 550x375px
>>94394514
>get power from a god
>you dont even believe in that god but in another one
>>
>>94401162
>why does it suddenly become a problem when muslims are involved.
Cause Muslims a still serious about hating heathen gods, they even believe in jinns haunting them still. Technically all Abrahamic religions should be but they have mostly chilled on the subject in the west.

Plus, you know, ISIS. It is like more like a catholic hero called the Inquisition or the Crusader who they made in response to terrorist attacks. Of course that is gonna blow up.

>why get sensitive and butthurt on their behalf?
Point to where I was, I just said this wouldn't end well and it won't. I know you are desperate to go YOU GUYS ARE THE SAME but I just know how others will react to this. A progressive push is always eventually attacked by it's own and this will be an easy target.
>>
>>94394660
>Coptic Christians
You mean heretics right?
>>
File: 1448258916036.jpg (28KB, 276x305px) Image search: [Google]
1448258916036.jpg
28KB, 276x305px
>DC is adding in a transgendered character
>now changing one of their characters into a MUSLIM CAUSE FUCK YOU DRUMPF

I thought you fags said DC was above all of this.
>>
>>94394514
This right here is why the CW shows suck so bad. Nobody gives a shit about your progressiveness or personal opinions on non-comic shit. Googobblerheim can't even properly adapt characters and stories with decades of material, yet wants to slap on his own shit on top. How about you PROPERLY ADAPT Isis first before using her as your bitchy, whiny statement?

I didn't even vote for Trump and I'm sick of everyone jumping on the bandwagon like it's some profound thing. "Making a statement" at the expense of quality has always been stupid.
>>
>>94401280
If they were, don't you think they would've been killed at some point in the last 1500 years?
>>
>>94401302
They would if they ever managed to conquer Egypt
>>
File: 1500731873315.jpg (56KB, 490x746px) Image search: [Google]
1500731873315.jpg
56KB, 490x746px
>>94396564
>Captain Britain

>Dr. Faiza Hussain

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!
EVERY FUCKING TIME!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>94401266
don't do a terrorist's or a bigot's job for him or her by censoring yourself or pre-emptively encouraging artists to censor themselves incase bigots or terrorists react badly.
>>
>>94396880
Also a Bradford bro here.

Yes. I worked in a KFC, which are infamous for having tons of Muslim workers. They take regular prayer breaks like fucking smoke breaks and act like non-Halal food is a fucking spider.

I worked in a non-Halal KFC, it was fucking hilarious watching a muslim serve someone then ASK FOR SOMEONE TO GIVE THEM A STRAWBERRY DRINK BECAUSE STRAWBERRIES ARE HARAM.
>>
File: 1442337442365.png (108KB, 212x256px) Image search: [Google]
1442337442365.png
108KB, 212x256px
>>94401346
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I do not understand this noise, I have never observed a human making it. Is it some sort of mating call?
>>
>>94401373
>by censoring yourself or pre-emptively
There whole plan is a fuck drumpf buy our comics, it won't do either and will get more backlash from those they were attempting to appeal to.. Pointing that out isn't censorship and neither is saying something is a dumb idea
>>
>>94401346
>>94397778

It was an alt-universe thing.
>>
>>94401413
Have you ever heard a frog scream for its pathetic life?
>>
>Coptic Paganism is on the rise in Egypt after the current disenfranchisement of the Muslim Brotherhood
>Coptic Pagans literally punished by Muslim laws
>Naw fuck an actual disenfranchised group, let's pander to the big oppressive Religion.

It's actually why characters like Pharah are so hilariously progressive, as her eye symbol means Pharah rejects Islam as it's a haram symbol.
>>
Welp. Rebirth was nice while it lasted. its back to Eurocomics/manga for me.
>>
>>94401432
Are you saying frogs has become intelligent enough to post on the Internet?
>>
>>94401447
Sorry Kemetism would be the correct word.
>>
>>94401447
When have we ever cared about what happens outside of the 1st world?
>>
>>94401125
they find the first name they come across and stick with it. I just call it the Caliphate
>>
>>94401451
I'm not sure "intelligent" is the word I'd use.
>>
>>94401464
Because Egypt was a western power until we allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to effectively drive them into the ground.

with the rejection of Islam, Egypt can only grow stronger.
>>
>>94401413
It is the battle cry of my people, used to express rage or disgust.
Death to normies
>>
>>94401447
>Eastern Orthodox Christianity has been around since the start of Christianity
>Both Muslims and other Christians has proceeded to shit all over the Orthodox Church
>Naw fuck an actual disenfranchised group, let's pander to the big oppressive Church.
Catholics, Protestants and Coptic are all heretics
>>
File: 1372223263147.png (49KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
1372223263147.png
49KB, 196x200px
>>94394514
why would anyone be surprised by this, if you've ever purcahsed a single Time/Warner Bros product you have been paying the wages of CNN, which is owned by WB.

Warner Brothers is not some apolitical corporation that just wants to make fun stories for the kids!
>>
>>94401488
>country should absolutely reject the religion most of it's people follow.
>>
>>94401500
t. greek larper.
>>
>>94401490
>battle cry

More like "please stop manhandling me" cry

https://youtu.be/xyfGHP6aTo0?t=54s
>>
>>94401488
>Egypt
>Western Power
Sure it was
>with the rejection of Islam, Egypt can only grow stronger.
You want them to reject 1000 years of history?
>>
>>94401503
>fun stories are only the ones that support my worldview.
>>
>>94401488
What? No.
>>
>>94401510
See how the oppression of the Orthodox Church continues to this game, this person assumes right away that I'm Greek when I could in fact be from Georgia
>>
>>94401504
>>94401514
>>94401529

>Religion forced on them by invading Arabs
>They should accept the centuries of Turkic and Arabian culture that literally destroyed their own.

This is why people laugh at Muslim apologists, from the Mamluk's to the Ottomans, Egypt has been forced underfoot by horrible inhuman regimes.
>>
>>94394514
It's based on this, idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRLV6PGro
>>
>>94401557
You'd probably be accepted more if the Orthodox church wasn't so anal retentive about everything.
>>
>>94401521
this, so much this.
big corporations like Warner Bros and Disney are just making enlightend statements, that bigots can't have some fun being made fun of, is there problem, they are on the wrong side of history after all.

>>94401572
>a Muslim as a vessel of other gods than Allah
what did anon, mean by this?
>>
>>94401572
>It's based off of this
>Magic powers
>no hacking
>Not a muslim.
>>
>>94394514
DC's death really can't come soon enough
>>
>>94401571
Christianity was forced upon them by roman law and filthy christian mobs who killed pagans and burnt down the library of Alexandria for containing "heathen science".
>>
>>94401571
>Religion forced on them by invading Romans/Greeks
>They should accept the centuries of Roman/Greek and Roman/Greek culture that literally destroyed their own.
Shit sucks but that's how being invaded works
>Egypt has been forced underfoot by horrible inhuman regimes
And how nice of you to leave out the Romans and the Greeks
>>94401590
Oh yeah, you go and get betrayed by your fellah Christians a bunch of time and see how anal retentive you will be about it.
>>
>>94401521
>Turning a magical character into a "hacker" is fun.
>>
File: ithorians.png (945KB, 930x766px) Image search: [Google]
ithorians.png
945KB, 930x766px
>>
>>94401621
>Romans and Greeks took painstaking amounts of work to preserve the Cultural identity and the moneuments of the Egyptians because the Romans and Greeks were superstitious and any god could exist.
>Muslims leave historical findings to rot.

It's almost like respecting the culture of the invaded instead of literally trying to destroy it means it is preserved better.
>>
>>94400603
Fuck you the zatara one was better.
>>
>>94401621
>Betrayed by your fellow christians.
>When the Orthodox centred around Constantinople literally loved backstabbing fellow Christians just as much as the Catholics.
>>
>>94394514
>DC subtly points out that all Muslims are secretly terrorists

/pol/ will be proud
>>
>>94400904
I see what you mean. I really like the hitler stash and it sucks I can't really use it.
>>
>>94401288
DC is. Clickbait (((news))) sites are not
>>
>>94401025
True.
But that does not excuse making a character who gets her powers from a fucking egyption god becoming muslim
>>
>>94401162
People would complain only very slightly less if it was an other religion change that makes no sense.
>>
>>94401222
I think that's the worst part.
Get Gaiman or somebody on this and it could be a fucking clasic. As is it is trash.
>>
>>94394514
>Bast has been slowly dying in dc for centuries
>isis gets to have a fucking superhero
Fuck this shit. Bast deserves better then this.
>>
>>94401662
While I do admit that having a Polytheism based religion lets you be a bit more flexible when it comes to ruling your subject that still doesn't changed the fact that the Roman and Greeks pushed their culture and religion on the Egyptians and probably destroyed a few historical findings on their low. Like they did with the library
>>94401687
See how the Catholic scum continues his lies
>>
>>94398137
That's too bad. She's a pretty actress. She could've gotten cast in something worthwhile.
>>
>>94401755
... You know it was Greeks who FOUNDED the Library of Alexandria.

THE CITY WAS FOUNDED BY GREEKS.

And no actually, Ancient Greeks and Imperial Rome were very VERY careful in disturbing other deity monuments, especially Rome, because the Romans believed in every single god they found.

>>94401755
I'm not a Catholic, I just know the history of the Two Empires well; both sides were dicks.
>>
>>94401744
Sexy Cat Warrior goddesses are Haram.
>>
Do you people live under a rock? This level of ignorance in this board is seriously outstanding in the age of Internet.

I live in a Muslim country and women here don't get "stoned" for wearing shorts or not wearing hijab nor it’s true that every muslim who commit sin get killed because if this is true, then no muslim will be alive (like how much of idiot you have to be to believe this?).

In Islam, every person is responsible for his actions in front God and our job to advise, not judge what they wear, how they act...etc. What get judged is cases like killing, rape, terrorism..etc.
>>
>>94401817
What country do you live in.

And for an additional note, how would a muslim woman be treated if she was found to be practicing witchcraft in the name of a Pagan god?
>>
>>94401572
Episodes of the series featured crossovers featuring Captain Marvel from companion series, Shazam!). Likewise, Joanna Cameron appeared as Isis on Shazam! in return; and since then DC Comics has adopted the character of Isis into their mainstream continuity for modern comics.

Still not mudslim hacker from future.
>>
File: herrminion.jpg (20KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
herrminion.jpg
20KB, 170x170px
Pajeet here,
Any Pajeet superheroes in DC?
>>
OK
this is starting to really bother me
why are people actually trying to prove /pol/ right at every fucking turn?
>>
>>94401797
>... You know it was Greeks who FOUNDED the Library of Alexandria.
and Romans proceed to burn it down
>Imperial Rome were very VERY careful in disturbing other deity monuments
Jews will argue otherwise
>well; both sides were dicks
Indeed but history will tell us that the Catholics where the bigger dicks
>>
>>94396564

>>94394514
A better question is
>Why do comic book writers refuse to make any superheroes Muslim men?

In writing the article be sure to mention the Muslim girl in a way such as:

>Recently DC Comics has added a new Muslim Heroine to the roster, Zari Adrianna Tomaz. While seemingly a step in the right direction, they guys at DC Comics have given her the horrifyingly awful moniker, "Isis". That's right, a Muslim superhero named Isis, likely due to a complete and total lack of awareness of Islam. This isn't an uncommon occurrence either: Just recently Marvel's only Muslim artist named Ardian Syaf, the work of whom contained Islamic messages and themes, was fired due being "Nonchristo-judean".

You just need a couple more half-truths and you've made $300 on your click-bait article.
>>
>>94401828
>>94401797
>Imperial Rome were very VERY careful in disturbing other deity monuments
>destroyed druidism
>roman soldiers weren't allowed to worship any other cult than the imperial cult.
>>
File: Untitled.png (96KB, 504x893px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
96KB, 504x893px
>>
File: Untitled2.png (113KB, 503x777px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
113KB, 503x777px
>>94401864
>>
>>94401841
>Romans proceeded to burn down the Library of Alexandria
>ROMANS

No, the correct answer there is the Christian uprising within Alexandria burnt it down. The Pagan Romans actually EXPANDED the Library dramatically.

>Jews will argue otherwise

Roman's didn't overturn ANY Jewish temples, and treated them like temples of Jupiter.

>>94401859
>Destroyed Druidism

Because Druid was also a political class that purpisely defied imperial rule.

>Any other cult than the Imperial cult.

Imperial culthood merely renamed dieties or established connections. Germans could worship Donar or Wotan because the Romans simply saw them as Jupitar or Mercury respectively.

The Roman Cult was EXTREMELY lenient on worship, but crushed any political founding of that.
>>
>>94401859
>>94401797
Say does anyone have a name of the the Gods that Carthage worshipped?
>>
>>94401828
Witchcraft is only used to hurt someone. Don't believe cartoons, comics, movies because there no such a thing as good magic. There is only black magic which is part of satanism and only get used to hurt other people in very bad way so whoever used it get punished.
>>
>>94401899
the semetic pantheon, and I think aphrodite.
Baal Ha'amon was the patron deity of carthage, or maybe melquart.
>>
>>94401899
Carthage was descended from Phoenicians so probably Poseidon/Neptune as primary god, but usually the same Hellenic cult.
>>
>>94394514

Fucking retarded. Gonna fail like Marvel.
>>
>>94401892
You do realise that when you are including rome, you also include christian rome, AKA the rome that was so fucking autistic about religion that their fellow christians happily turned to islamic rule because they let them practice in peace?
>>
>>94401914
That's not how the Quran states it. Witchcraft is magic. All magic is evil.
>>
>>94401918
>Baal was a hellenic god.
>>
>>94401892
Oh now I just know that you are completely ignorant of history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Alexandria
>The ancient accounts by Plutarch, Aulus Gellius, Ammianus Marcellinus, and Orosius indicate that troops of Caesar accidentally burned the library down during or after the Siege of Alexandria in 48 BC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Temple
>The destruction date according to the Hebrew calendar was the 9th of Av, also known as Tisha B'Av
>>
File: Warner-Bros.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Warner-Bros.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>94401610
>>94394514
Yeah, man i am not gong to let a single dollar go towards DC comics again.

excuse me while i go and purchase the a ticket for the latest New Line Cinema movie, and pay my Cinemax, HBO subscription, while pre-purchasing the latest Rocksteady and NetherRealms games

watch some Adult Swim, CNN and NBA, TNT and Turner Classic Movies, i just can't wait pay-per-view some cool (WcW) World Championship Wrestling matches and go see what my Youtube Red Subrscription to Machinima, man i love that RWBY show, isn't it great? Deathbattle amirite?

i am not done with comicbooks entirely, i know that vertigo is DC so i'll just go out and buy some MAD magazines.

this will really be blow towards, DC take that DC!
>>
>>94401929
And you do realise that actual muslim polities junked autistic islam because that shit is not really practical for ruling?
It is why muslim empires in India considered hindus to be people of the book and ended up creating their own caste system to better fit in.
>>
File: Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg (21KB, 286x348px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg
21KB, 286x348px
>>94394914
Simon, is that you?
>>
>>94401957
>If those books are in agreement with the Quran, we have no need of them; and if these are opposed to the Quran, destroy them."

Famous words of Umar I. One of the companions of Mohammad.
>>
>>94401986
But what does that mean?
>>
>>94401986
yes, and the huge amount of cultural change that islamic polities went through when they transplanted to a new place is not real. Some goatfucker who was a companion of Prophet Goatfucker is more valid that actual historical evidence.
>>
>>94402014
it means that islam is inherently evil and we will soon go deus vult on them and nuke mecca with based putin and trump working together.
>>
>>94402025
>with based putin and trump working together.
Hahahahahhah, Putin fuckin loves muslims. I am russian and i hate that brown churkas, dude you are deluded.
>>
>>94402014
Islam refuses to accept cultural and philosophical differences to it's warmonger holy book.
>>94402017
Except that's false, because Islam doesn't change according to cultural politices, but in fact forces cultures to change towards it.

See: Indonesia, where they hate jews for some reason despite like 4 jews ever visiting the fucking country.
>>
>>94402041
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcLgDswHyf0

He says: "Ismal is the greatest world religion
and we will support them'
>>
>>94395002
>Name a muslim after a pagan religion
HMMMM
>>
>>94401929
What are trying to say here? Yes, Quran say Magic is forbidden because like I said before, there's no such thing as "good" magic and they all connected to satanism.

The "magic" that get used in shows has different name because it's not actual magic, it's just a trick of eyes. There’s a big difference here and no one get punished for it.
>>
>>94402042
>it forces others.
How about you actually learn about SEA history.

If anything the invention of the internet had made hardline islam more accessible to your average SEA/ Indian subcontinent muslim. Before that they were following weird numerological pagan mumbo jumbo like 786 being a holy number.
>>
>>94402042
>Islam refuses to accept cultural and philosophical differences to it's warmonger holy book.
And what if they find something that is not in agreement but not opposed to the Quran? What then?
>>
>>94402064
It's almost as if DC is making a character to pander to more fanbases based on their (probably) terrible knowledge of history.
>>
>>94399590
Kek
>>
>>94402042
>Islam refuses to accept cultural and philosophical differences to it's warmonger holy book.
that's abrahamic religions in general. But that will make you buttblasted because the bible is a book of peace and all the fundamentalist autism that it went through is in the past.
>>
>>94402074
They burn it, because it's not in agreement with the Quran.
>>
>>94402097
But it's not opposed to it.
>>
>>94402097
>Statues of bamiyan were there for hundreds of years until the taliban went ahead and exploded them.
>egypt is littered with pre islamic and pre christian ruins and excavation sites.
>Iran distances themselves from arab supremacy so fucking much that Saudi Arabia calls them crypto zoroastrians.
>>
>>94402096
lolno, the History of Christianity is hilarious, starting out, it was just as radical and dangerous as Islam is now.

But Christianity has had centuries of being filtered through a European cultural moral code and then refined further.

Islam has always existed as a mountain onto itself, formed around Arab Culture, and wherever Islam goes, it spreads those Arab cultural traits like a disease.

>>94402115
>places least orthodox to the direct teaches of the Quran are less likely to destroy things not related to the Quran.

Strange that.

Also

>Egypt is littered with pre-Islamic and Pre-christian ruins and excavation sites

All mostly funded by British Scientists.
>>
>>94402134
>But Christianity has had centuries of being filtered through a European cultural moral code and then refined further.
I'm sorry but what the hell do you think the "European cultural moral code" is before Christianity came about?
>>
>>94402155
greco roman philosophy.
A large part of modern law comes from older germanic law in the case of the british isles.
>>
>>94402155
A combination of Greco Roman Philosophy and Germanic Law.

See, in Ancient Germanic Law, Rape was Punishable on the rapist, not the woman who was raped.

And the punishment was getting your chest cavity opened and left by the side of the road in chains as a reminder that rape is bad.

Also, Woman had total automous rights to marriage and what they wear, as well as rights towards home ownership.

If anything, Christianity dulled this down, but the influence was there to ensure the spread of Christianity didn't turn everywhere into a headscarf wearing middle east inspired shithole.

The Irony is in many middle African tribes, the same happened to Islam, but unlike Christianity, there wasn't enough cultural influence to sway Islam majorly.

American Muslims have the chance now to change this, but only if they reject the oppressive structures of their religion in favor of cultural freedoms. Something the SJW's are preventing.
>>
>>94402193
The Christian cultural moral code is a lot more passive then he Greco Roman one.
>>
>>94402247
It wasn't. it changed.

You have to remember it took hundreds of years for Christanity to eventually mellow out.

And Christianity IS alot more mellow than Islam to begin with.
>>
>>94402242
>And the punishment was getting your chest cavity opened and left by the side of the road in chains as a reminder that rape is bad.
Nooo the punishment was paying 63 shillings
>>
Thread is proof that no matter how retarded something is there will always be fuckwit /co/mblr faggots ready to defend it.
>>
>>94401025
Don't excuse superficial tokenism.
>>
>>94402242
>Person in Ancient Rome or Ancient Germany says they do not believe in gods or reject them.
>Is considered a fool and full of Hubris, but left alone, tales are written about such heroic fools.

>Person in Modern day Pakistan or Saudi Arabia says they do not believe in Allah or reject him
>Gets executed

>>94402305
>Ancient Germany Early Anglo-Saxon England
>Shilling

See, you're trying to referencing Wergeld. Which was a practice made to compensate the insulted in a matter. It was literally the replacement of a large scale prison system.

Tell me, in Rural Saxony, how would you punish a rapist.

Saxons did either death or the death total in Wergeld.

Now, before you go tumblr on me, you do know Wergeld for Woman was always equal to or MORE than a Mans.

It was a tough system because it was a tough life, but fair and much more humane than even today's islamic world.
>>
>>94402371
>how would you punish a rapist
That depends, did he rape someone important? What time period are we talking here?
>>
>>94402395
Saxon times, post-fall of rome.
>>
>>94402412
Did he rape someone important?
>>
>>94402488
He raped a normal person.
>>
>>94402501
2500 denars
>>
>>94398288
>>94398271
>>94398290
you don't know if she's gay/bi or even 'pan' or whatever tumblr calls it
basically 'queer' is 'not straight', and if it's used by a 'not-straight', it's not an insult
>>
>>94402518
He cannot pay 2500 Denars.
>>
>>94402550
He will pay 2500 Denars through hard work. Why kill him when his able body can be put to work on the fields?
>>
>>94402371
>Tell me, in Rural Saxony, how would you punish a rapist.

THEY SHOVE A LIVING SNAKE UP YOUR ARSE!
>>
>>94402591
Congratulations, you found out how Saxons used Endured Slavery.

Unable to pay Wergild was forced with Slavery.

Repeated crimes were usually handled by death.
>>
>>94402605
>Not having the rape victim rape the rapist

You have no concept of Justice!
>>
>>94402528
That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>94402501
fucking normie had it coming
>>
>>94395103
>Do not trust the Jew
Christians believe jews are Gods chosen people.
Jesus was Jewish

How can you be this inept?
>>
>>94403598
Anti-Semites aren't known for their smarts.
>>
>>94403745
>>94403598
son of man, but you worship the divine, you don't worship man, you heathens.
>>
I get it marvel. I'm white. You don't want me reading your comics anymore.
>>
>>94403944
+DC
>>
>>94396939
Hijab isn't a rule anymore than nun outfits are a rule. On a side note, there are more nun outfits used for fetishes than there are for actual nuns.
>>
>>94398198

Do Mexicans count?
>>
>>94402958
Nah, it's actually simplification
sb not straight = queer
don't even have to dig or ask, just use queer
Thread posts: 534
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.