[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's right you know.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 65

File: jhkj.png (1MB, 602x922px) Image search: [Google]
jhkj.png
1MB, 602x922px
He's right you know.
>>
WE
>>
>>94392101
>He's right you know.

*He's right, you know.
>>
>>94392101
The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.

The vast majority of the Earth's plagues have been wiped out by white people. We're working on cancer, give us a bit more time.

Africa is a shithole because of Africans, not Europeans.
>>
>>94392101

What's the context here? Is the white dude offering to buy the idea off the black dude? Why would he not develop those ideas himself if he could and instead pay a guy he apparently doesn't like?

I mean as a self contained thing everything else aside it doesn't make sense. Are we assuming that developing medicines has no relation to developing cures?
>>
File: bjhkj.png (1MB, 602x935px) Image search: [Google]
bjhkj.png
1MB, 602x935px
>>94392238
>>
>>94392101
>spergs out of deal just because someone used your first name
Nah
>>
>>94392101
Another reaspn why I don't read Capes
Idiot writers who don't know jack about nuthin
>>
>>94392288

Wait, so HE was the one who got invited in, shit talked everybody there, then left?

Why the fuck did he even go to the meeting if he didn't even want to do anything? I kind of assumed that the white dude was in his place or something.
>>
>>94392101
>>94392288
Big words from the guy who has a wall to keep the less civilized africans away. For all that talk about the selfish white man, those wakandans sure don't seem too keen on helping anyone other than themselves.
>>
Wakandans truly are the biggest, most hypocritical cunts there are
>>
>>94392346
>Wait, so HE was the one who got invited in, shit talked everybody there, then left?
He's Wakandan, why are you even surprised?
>>
>>94392161
Man, I bet you /pol/tards just HATE the way the 21st century is going. In fact I know you do, it's why you put tRump in the White House. Sort of a last hurrah, eh?

Too bad it won't help.
>>
>>94392824
>Thinking what I said even approaches /pol/ territory

You lefties are just cosmically butthurt about 2017, huh?
>>
>>94392728
Run one of the most powerful nations in africa.

People are litteraly starving five feet from there boarders.

Nope not gonna share any fucking technology because reasons.

I've always hated Wakanda politics.
>>
>fallacious pop analysis: the comic
>>
>>94392346
He was probably there for the sole purpose of telling them to fuck off until they got their shit together.
>>
>>94392963
>until they got their shit together
As compared to who? The almighty, compassionate Wakanda?
>>
>>94392824
>>94392892

Welp here we go.
>>
>>94392101
He's right and yet he fails to see the hypocrisy of his position as a monarch. Benevolent or not, he never took action in helping these other 3rd world countries be self-sufficient as say someone like Gaddafi did despite having the means to do so.
>>
>>94392101
Wait, so he's basically admiting that African rulers in general are greedy warmongers yet>>94392288 here he's framing it as though the whites are the only greedy bunch. Mixed signals.
>>
>>94393089
He's Wakandan. They don't see race, they just see Wakanda and not-Wakanda
>>
>>94393038
And here I was expecting that Hudlin would be the biggest bait in the thread.
>>
>>94392101
I wish Wakanda would get nuked already. By al accounts it's very continued existences ought to be impossible.
>>
>>94393725
How much you want to bet in the Black Panther movie Wakanda is just magically inaccessible and nobody mentions that they have a wall to keep out the unwashed lesser people out of their country?
>>
File: wakanda.jpg (18KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
wakanda.jpg
18KB, 450x300px
>wakanda hates everyone
>builds huge wall around their country
>doesnt let ANYBODY in
>lets people starve to death and die of disease outside these walls and doesnt give a fuck
>has crazy technology and cures to any number of horrible sickness and disease

>shit talks everyone for not being on their level
>>
>/tv/ still can't get over the wall

Kek
>>
File: Behold.png (210KB, 355x408px) Image search: [Google]
Behold.png
210KB, 355x408px
>>94392161
>The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.
Wind energy continues to grow at greater than expected levels, breaking records every year.
This is even after the government tax subsidies went offline.

Why? Because technological improvements have made it efficient and cheap. They don't require crews of engineers to keep them from becoming a deadly catastrophe, nor do they generate nigh-immortal toxic byproducts.

Nuclear shills need to throw themselves in a fire.
>>
>>94394297
>nigh-immortal toxic byproducts.
The very reason they last so long is because their radioactivity is so weak.
>>
>>94392346
The scene perfectly encapsulates Hudlin's Wakanda. It's an insufferably smug Mary Sue nation that's put on a pedestal next to everyone else, despite the fact that it only got that way by author fiat and comic book bullshit.

If there really was a nation like Wakanda it would never be the enlightened isolated utopia it's depicted as. Warrior cultures generally don't stay out of other people's affairs. Realistically Wakanda would have become a global empire with the absurd technological advantages it had over the rest of the world.
>>
>>94394297
>lel lets fill the countryside with big ass turbines to provide a fraction of fossil fuel energy at over 1000 times the cost and space
>oh and they only work when it's windy
Green fags are their own worst enemy desu senpai.
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16KB, 210x236px) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16KB, 210x236px
>>94394461
Never claimed they were instant-kill Godzilla breath radioactive.
They really only have to be mildly quintuple-your-odds-of cancer toxic.
Protip: they have a zero percent chance of granting you super-powers.
>>
File: Nixon.jpg (9KB, 225x172px) Image search: [Google]
Nixon.jpg
9KB, 225x172px
>>94394540
I live south of the nation's biggest wind farm areas. The reason they are thriving is because they provide power at competitive prices to fossil sources.
A shit-ton more of them are going up this year.
Nuclear power plants are tax-subsidized money sinks that provide expensive electrical power.

You're basing your arguments on the situation that existed 20 years ago. Maybe you ought to look at data that's a little more contemporary.
>>
>>94394297
Your ignorance over the reality of modern nuclear power is startling. It provides gigawatts of energy with very little waste produced. And that waste already has a place waiting for it in Yucca Mountain, but paranoid fags like you keep blocking its use.
>>
>>94394297
Nigga wind is still shit. It's inefficient as hell and you kill millions of birds. Get out of here with your propaganda shit Brainiac. Wind would cause environmental catastrophes out the the ass if we built them everywhere. Wind is fucking Captain Marvel of alternative energy. It's pushed and pushed despite never actually doing anything and then countries by energy from countries that use primarily oil and natural gas.
>>
>>94394788
>Barely any waste, really!
>And we have a proven area to store if for centuries, where nothing could possibly go awry.

I weary of these Big Tobacco Lawyer-tier arguments.
>>
>>94394698
>they provide power at competitive prices to fossil sources.
>Nuclear power plants are tax-subsidized money sinks that provide expensive electrical power.
OH. Oh. Guys stop arguing with him, he's from bizzarro /co/.
Must have gotten lost on the way to \oc\
>>
>>94394857
What on earth kind of enviromental catastrophes do you think it could cause? Do you even understand how wind farming works?

It's not as though the wind is being collected up, it's literally just windmills generating electricity. We've had windmills for hundreds of years and they've never changed the course of the wind or anything.
>>
>>94392101
He's fictional you know
>>
>>94394939
Dead birds?
>>
Why would T'Chaka refer to his 'first name' when he only has one?

or was that another of Hudlin's innovations, that Wakandans all have secret last names nobody is allowed to know about
>>
>>94394874
You can fuel thorium reactors with conventional waste, unfortunately nuclear reactor development has been hobbled for a good 40 years.

>>94394939
I think he's referring to the secondary requirements of wind generation, like transmission lines, access roads, and exemption from environmental laws because they function as giant blenders for birds.
>>
File: 1448055838854.png (268KB, 250x446px) Image search: [Google]
1448055838854.png
268KB, 250x446px
>>94395018
>Muh safe clean Thorium
We are talking about existing technology, not your Magic Unicorn Fart reactors
>nuclear reactor development has been hobbled for a good 40 years.
Then it's getting it's turn, Solar and Wind has been crippled by Big Fossil for easily as long.

The most powerful REAL, EXISTING reactor in the US, the triple reactor in Arizona, provides nearly 4 gigawatts of electricity. G.E. is constructing a wind farm in Oklahoma that provides a full 2 gigawatts of clean power, at prices that compete with natural gas and coal, let alone pricey nuclear power.
>>
>>94395118
>Solar and Wind has been crippled by Big Fossil
Really? What regulatory blocks were put in the path of solar and wind? Because the government outright forbade the construction of new nuclear plants for decades.
>>
>>94395158
>Really? What regulatory blocks were put in the path of solar and wind?
Big Fossil's coordinated efforts to purchase and shelf solar and wind technology are pretty well established. Same reason we are just now getting economic electric cars.
>>
>>94394572
>>Protip: they have a zero percent chance of granting you super-powers.
I like those odds.
>>
>>94395199
So any entrepreneur who could develop new solar/wind technology was assured of a windfall from energy companies? Why didn't this subsidize the creation of even more such technology?
>>
>>94395158
>Because the government outright forbade the construction of new nuclear plants for decades.

Absolute and complete hogwash. Love to see your citation for this claim.
>>
Solar panels a shit. A SHIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1-zjbRqYXk
>>
File: Harding.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Harding.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>94395284
If you buy out promising developments in alternative power, patent and shelve them, you cut off a vital pathway to further advances.

You seem to ignorantly assume there are infinite pathways to clean energy production.

Yes, some guys get a windfall, but now their advances are warehoused. Guess they can buy a yacht.
>>
>>94392161
i thought africa was a shithole because of the tsetse fly and a giant fuck-off desert but hey shows what i know
>>
>>94395288
All nuclear plants produced in the U.S. require government approval under the NRC. Between 1979 and 2011, the NRC approved the construction plans for a grand total of 0 new nuclear plants.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-license-idUSTRE8181T420120209
>>
>>94395284
Because then the technologies were never put to use and an energy monopoly was maintained.
>>
>>94395288
The actual factor in blocking Nuclear power plants are State and local governments and the citizens pressuring them with "Not in My County!"

Bush's 2005 legislation was a massive Gib for Nuclear power, and it's still on the books.
Despite this massive Federal subsidy (far more than was allotted to wind or solar) nuclear plant construction has dwindled down to almost nothing.

Nuclear power is a relic, get over it.
>>
>>94395199
Insufficient battery technology was the primary killer of electric cars, they simply couldn't compete in range or performance.
>>
>>94394939
Wind power causes environmental and climate changes, which have been little studied to date.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/wind-power-found-to-affect-local-climate/
>>
>>94395477
And battery tech is still badly lagging behind. We need a breakthrough and soon
>>
>>94395477
>Insufficient battery technology
Insufficient technology is always cured by well funded research. Battery technology got the opposite of that for decades, which is why we spent half a century with the same good-old C and D cell batteries.
>>
>>94395526
You'd think that a company that had a handle on batteries that last in a top-of-the-line cellphone for more than 6 hours would make a shitload of money.

Fuck, the Switch dies in 3.5-4 hours. Where are my superbatteries?
>>
>>94395510
>And battery tech is still badly lagging behind.
You've never heard of Tesla's new residential power storage batteries, or their long-range automotive batteries?

As someone who's into the RC hobby, I can tell you that battery technology has been advancing at a spectacular rate in the last 10 years.

You sound like you get your information from some out-of-touch blogger's website. Pick up a scientific magazine or even hobbyists catalogue.
>>
People need to realize that Wakandan's are racist. To a near inarguable degree. LITERALLY a wall to keep the other dying and starving Africans away.

And you may think BP is cool, but who does he interact with? Superheroes or villains who are pretty much the best or worst people of their race. Very few racists would act racist or even hold sentiment against Morgan Freeman or SLJ because they exist in a special box to them. Same with BP.

And Never Ever Forget no matter how much you say it's OOC of it's stupid it's still 100% canon that they purposely withold the cure for cancer. I mean so does mister Fantasic but we know he's almost as evil as DOOM.
>>
>>94395569
the problem with smartphone batteries is that phone makers are jamming power-draining processing and displays into them as fast or faster than the batteries can be advanced.

Apparently everyone needs the power of a 2001 personal computer in their pocket phone.
>>
It's laughable.

Why didnt no one tell him he was the same?
He's a MONARCH, he and his people living off the fat of the land, even the meanest, poorest Wakandan person lives a well off life, while the rest of Africa burns, and hungers. They literally built a Wall with lasers to keep refuges out.

The hypocrisy is INTENSE.
I'm surprised no one at that table laughed. For all his bullshit, the US gives more to the world than Wakanda ever does.
>>
>>94395606
This is comic books, the Cure for Cancer would probably turn everyone into Orange Super-Hulks.
>>
>>94395639
Still better than the cure from I Am Legend (Will Smith edition).
>>
>>94395638
>Fat of the Land
They live in a fairly small remote Jungle region, normally the least hospitable terrain for human habitation. They just use it with fantastic high-tech efficiency.
You act like the Wakandans are swooping down and snatching up the resources and agriculture of neighboring nations, when in fact they are generally just ignoring them entirely.
>>
>>94395606
If people on /co/ actually read comics, they wouldn't need to realize this. They already know it.
>>
>>94394037
It's like if a country was run by 4chan really
>>
File: rich-on-poor.jpg (39KB, 550x408px) Image search: [Google]
rich-on-poor.jpg
39KB, 550x408px
>>94395638
By this same logic, the Swiss and the Vatican should be shoveling piles of gold to the needy Greeks.
>>
>>94395691
He hasn't actually read any Black Panther stories.
>>
>>94395734
The Catholic church fuels charity all over the world. Some of it really good, some of it really misguided (looking at you, Mother Theresa).

Islam is the worlds greatest charitable organization, ironically.
>>
>>94392161
>The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.
lol yes, these randos are the biggest threat, not the international corporations that have had a vested interest in fucking shit up
>>
>>94395787
>Islam is the worlds greatest charitable organization, ironically
It's actually because one of the five big and important pillars is literally charity. Funnily enough Islamists and Saudis don't even seem to be aware of this and are infamous for being the least charitable.
>>
>>94395895
Saudi Arabia is plenty charitable. To ethnic Saudi's.
>>
>>94394297
THORIUM
H
O
R
I
U
M
>>
>>94395423
>The actual factor in blocking Nuclear power plants are State and local governments and the citizens pressuring them with "Not in My County!"
Yet more proof of the wisdom of the common man.
>>
>>94396187
>>94395118
>>
>>94395423
NIMBY fags are trash, that's true. They're trash for alternative energy also. I remember when fucking Ted Kennedy kept blocking Massachusetts from building an offshore wind farm because it would spoil the view from his Nantucket mansion, or something. I'm always in favor of the average citizen being overruled by experts when it comes to energy, since the vast majority of us are too dumb to have a meaningful opinion.
>>
>>94392101
>You could have made half of these breakthroughs yourself
Hey asshole, not everyone has a mountain of Vibranium that allowed them to develop technology centuries before everyone else.
>>
>>94392161
>>>94392101 (OP)

THIS

So much this.
>>
>>94392288
>>94392101
I get not wanting to sell the oil and vibranium , but refusing to sell their medical cures (including the CURE FOR CANCER) is a real dick move. They lose nothing from doing so, would make a lot of money, and would actually help a lot of people without posing any danger to the world.
>>
>>94392101
wait...do Wakandans have last names? Or was he mad that he was addressed informally?

is this fucking Hudlin being dumb agian?
>>
>>94398434
"Your Majesty"
>>
>>94392101
>>94398434
>>94392291
This reminds me of how a recent leak revealed that Donald Trump kept calling the President of Mexico by his first name, Enrique, for the entirety of their first phone call. I'm sure that Donald would have hung up if anyone did that to him.
>>
>>94398462
yeah but why did he specify FIRST name? Does he even have a last name? A better way to express indignation about being addressed by name instead of by title is just leave out the "first" part.

It's just needlessly confusing.
>>
>>94398488
He's busting the dudes balls.
>>
>>94398500
I really do not care for Hudlin at all
>>
>>94394939
>Do you even understand how wind farming works?

Windmills are inherently unable to compete, for three reasons.

1) Unable to schedule dispatch. The wind blows when the wind blows.

2) Very low energy density in the principal fuel. How many watts of kinetic energy are in a cubic meter of air moving at ten meters per second? How does that compare to natural gas, oil, or heaven forbid, uranium?

3) Planar geometry. If you double the size of a windmill, the power producing surface quadruples. If you double the size of a coal plant, or gas turbine, or nuclear reactor, the power producing volume goes up eight times.

These are hard, factual things, that no amount of propaganda and wishful thinking will ever make go away.

Thanks to fracking, NO technology can compete with combined-cycle gas turbines right now. Nuclear could, if we had been allowed to develop breeder reactors, but that ship has sailed.

Sorry if these facts are not to your liking, but I cannot change them.

That's why they are facts.
>>
File: Black-Panther-Party.jpg (27KB, 357x350px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Panther-Party.jpg
27KB, 357x350px
>>94392101
The more I learn about Black Panther, the more I think he's kind of a fucking asshole and the new movie is going to be the first truly bad first outing for a marvel hero in their own solo film.
>>
>>94392824
>tRump
What's the matter Oliver, realizing your hilarious "Drumf" joke was retarded?
>>
>>94398525
Just so you know, Marvel's Black Panther predates the Black Panther Party.
>>
>>94392288
Why is T'Chaka focusing all of his hate on the West? The rest of the world clearly doesn't meet his standards either.
>>
>>94398525
what, are you only reading Hudlin on and never touching anything before that?
>>
>>94395639
I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>94395691
Wakanda is only so advanced because they exist on top of the largest and possibly only resource of vibranium *on the planet.* It's like the middle east but even worse, and these assholes act like they have any right to be all high and mighty about it.
>>
>>94398547
Not as retarded as Drumpf is for dictating his son in law's letter about "Russian adoptions". And since this thread will dissolve into another pol thread, Mueller will fry that fat ugly orange coinsucking coward in due time.
>>
File: 2007-04-03-beartato-crazy.gif (43KB, 700x643px) Image search: [Google]
2007-04-03-beartato-crazy.gif
43KB, 700x643px
>>94398632
We were talking about alternative energy, you're the one who got political, asshole. Just to spite you, I'm not going to continue this conversation so the thread won't derail.
>>
>>94398525
The Priest run is far superior to Coates and Hudlin's run. It's a king, trying to balance the future with greedy powers that want the vibranium on one side, and tribalistic assholes who hate the future, and hate all non wakandans even more.
>>
>>94398694
So if I wanted to read some actually GOOD BP where should I start?
>>
>>94398704
Christopher Priest's run

I don't know what issue it starts if you're a piratefag, but if you're a buyfag I think Marvel's still printing the Complete Collection TPBs of it
>>
>>94395606
>it's still 100% canon that they purposely withold the cure for cancer. I mean so does mister Fantasic but we know he's almost as evil as DOOM.
I'm not so sure about that. The entirety of Hudlin's first BP is of dubious canon
>T'Chaka is killed under completely different circumstances
>Klaw gets a completely different origin, backstory, motivation, occupation, nationality, looks and powers. He is no longer made of living sound, which contradicts every single story he has ever been in.
>It is implied that this was the first time T'Challa and Klaw had met since T'Chaka's death, contradicting countless stories including Klaw's fucking debut
>The mantle of Black Panther is suddenly gotten through a wrestling match
>The Black Knight is suddenly a Catholic Knight templar
>Radioactive Man is suddenly Russian and not Chinese
The ONLY new addition that is still acknowledged is Shuri showing up out of nowhere.
>>
>>94398743
>>The mantle of Black Panther is suddenly gotten through a wrestling match
pretty sure that's in Priest's run
>>
>>94392101
>why cure a disease when people pay for medicine?
Say the guy who keep the cure to cancer for himself.
>>
>>94398772
>>94392101
This "withhold the cure" thing keeps happening in media. Is there any actual truth to it? In my experience Pharma will just sell the cure for a lot of money.
>>
>>94398818
In comics, one superscience guy says he witholds it because it can be used to create a super biowepon.

See also Spiderman v Sauron.
>>
>>94398818
>Is there any actual truth to it?
If only you knew how bad things really are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8RksCfxcw
>>
>>94394037
I don't get it. Trump is booed and hated for wanting to build a wall and keeping undesirables out. Wakanda, a fictional country known for doing the same thing is celebrated.

There's marvels next story arc. Make Wakanda tear down their walls and let muslim refugees in.
>>
We wuz surnames n shit
>>
>>94398419
Yeah, plus, by selling the cures themselves for cheap they could stick it to the Big Bad Pharma corporations they supposedly hate.
>>
>>94394297
I took some environmental science class in college and the professor was biiiig into clean energy.

She said she was fine with nuclear power and that the rate of bad malfunctions is pretty damn low.
>>
>>94398818
it's never true. if insurance had a way to get a cure that was easy to get they'd do it. they make more money when you're health then when you get sick. cancer is hard to deal with and these comic book writers are retards. Cancer currently has to be poisoned to death as it's a mutation of the cells. Some cancers are aggressive and make it hard to even make cures effective and millions of dollars go into trying to make better cures.
>>
>>94392161
Nobody was talking about Africa, it's about capitalism. Ease off there, /pol/
>>
File: 15018147155972.png (3MB, 1024x1598px) Image search: [Google]
15018147155972.png
3MB, 1024x1598px
>>94399082
>>
>>94392101
T'chaka is T'challa's dad but the author seems unaware that Laos had numerous "royal socialists" who drove that country to communism.
>>
>>94399127
well it is Hudlin, who is ignorant of basically everything
>>
>>94398569
It can be excused since the West and Japan would be the only powers at the time which can match Wakanda (besides Atlantis, but when did they enter the scene?)
>>
>>94399150
huldin is back to writing fucking disgusting.
>>
>>94399169
well

at least Priest is also writing a lot of shit
>>
>>94392101
fuck the black panther and wakanda
there whole government systems is built on who is the strongest which a evil idiot used to take the throne, and he has the right to call the west out, he wont share the cure because he is a racist dick head
>>
>>94399214
wakanda is a nice dictatorship, but a dictatorship non the less
why is west who have done so much good for the world always the bad guy in these shitty books
>>
>>94399249
Because it's hip.
>>
>>94399150
I mean I don't know the exact timeline T'chaka ruled in so maybe it's before the Vietnam war and the rise of the Laotian communists.
>>
>>94399249
Monarchies are not dictatorships
>>
>>94399360
They are if they're absolute monarchies.
>>
>>94399336
I sincerely doubt it
>>
>>94399360
uk is still a monarchies but has a democrat system with a sitting prime minister
wakanda is a dictatorship where only the strong can rule
>>
>>94394297
>Wind power: 150 deaths per trillion kilowatt hours
>Nuclear power: 90 deaths per trillion kilowatt hours
Does the blood of innocents improve the quality of your power somehow?
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2012/06/10/energys-deathprint-a-price-always-paid
>>
>>94399404
>trying to pull out trends from the ass of uncommon accidents
this is stupider than usual
>>
>>94399404
>>94396573
>>
>>94399470
It would be dishonest not to include uncommon accidents. After all, some forms of energy are more prone to destructive accidents than others. Extrapolating the rate of future accidents from accidents that have occurred is little more than a guess, but far better than trying to do so while excluding accidents from your statistics.

>>94399475
That looks like where I got my numbers. Didn't notice it was already posted.
>>
>>94399764
saying "hey these accidents have happened in the past, we should do what we can to prevent this from happening" is a good thing

saying "THIS IS HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL DIE IF WE KEEP DOING THIS" is just nonsense fearmongering
>>
>>94395734
>the Vatican should be shoveling piles of gold to the needy Greeks.

well if the Vatican was consistent with the worldview it professes, then yeah

... they could end world hunger in a heartbeat if they wanted to
>>
>>94399214
You... you do realize that part of the Black Panther's story is dealing with his nation's xenophobic ways and trying to make the not such shitheads, right?
Of course you don't.

>>94399249
Wakanda is not a dictatorship. The Black Panther still has to follow laws, customs, etc. He can't just simply do what he wants.

Additionally, there's an entire council made up of the other tribes.

>>94399373
Which Wakanda is not.
>>
>>94394572
For fuck sake, where do you think they are getting all this radioactive material from?

Fucking mines.

So where do you think they will put the material when they are done with it?

Back into already depleted mineshafts. And because it's been used and re-used time and time again in normal and incubator reactors, it's LESS radioactive then it was before they mined it out and condensed it. It wasn't harming anyone in the millennia it was buried in the rock before, how is it suddenly supposed to do it now?
>>
>>94399910
because it's not buried under tons of rock anymore, you fucking retard
>>
>>94399799
Well, if you ignore all accidents, the deathrate for rooftop solar and nuclear is the same, a flat zero. Does that mean that both are equally safe?
No, it fucking does not. Rooftop solar has killed about five times more people per kilowatt hour.
>we should do what we can to prevent this from happening
sounds like the kind of bullshit you spew when you know that your preferred energy source is killing more people than the alternatives, but aren't going to do anything about it because it would cut into the profits of your corporate paymasters. No shit we should do something. And know what we could do, if it wasn't for shills like you? Use a different power source that kills fewer people.
>>
>>94400045
well technically people falling off roofs is killing more people than nuclear

the solar panels aren't exploding and giving people cancer
>>
>>94400070
The fact that solar requires a couple orders of magnitude more plants to be constructed leads to more construction deaths than nuclear too. Can't leave that out.
>>
>>94400210
well I guess we should just stop building things altogether since people can die during construction
>>
>>94400248
Well, if you have the option of building one thing or 250 things for roughly the same result, the latter is pretty clearly the safer option.
>>
>>94400279
but anon, people might die if we build ANY things! We have to stop all building of things!
>>
>>94400306
That's basically the anti-nuclear credo.
>>
>>94400320
and also apparently the pro-nuclear credo
>>
>>94400348
No, the pro-nuclear credo is that nuclear has a lower death rate, higher efficiency, and lower environmental impact than any other presently available source of power.
>>
>>94392101
>You could have made half of these breakthroughs yourself
Even if that was true (it isn't, nobody else has Vibranium boosting them up early), that doesn't mean you shouldn't share your stuff with the world so that they can advance to your level sooner rather than later. In fact, you could create your own corporations and infrastructure so that you wouldn't have to deal with anyone you don't like.
>>
>>94400372
>lower death rate
by twisting statistics over backwards
>>
>>94400248
Sure. If the cost of construction is greater than the benefit you get from it, then you shouldn't. If you don't think you really need electricity, then building power plants is simply indefensible.
>>
>Doom
>Everyone has a hardon
>Black Doom that is not a villain
>WE
>>
>>94400386
Just because you think it's better for 5 people to fall to their deaths rather than 1 person die of cancer, doesn't make the statistics false. Those stats you're annoyed at came from WHO, which is hardly a pro-nuclear advocacy group.

If anything, they overstate the danger of nuclear power, since the bulk of those deaths come from idiotic Soviet malfunctions. The U.S. death rate is more than a 100 times lower. Which is to say, solar kills more than 100 times as many people in the U.S. than nuclear does.
>>
>>94400428
The difference is the actual energy production methods are never responsible for killing people. It's the fall that kills them, so to speak. It's disingenuous coming from any source.
>>
white males need to be put in their place or they end up sociopathic autists
>>
>>94400468
Why are they up on the rooftops in the first place? You can't just write those deaths off as unrelated when they wouldn't have occurred if the people used a different power source. Construction and mining deaths are counted in the nuclear tally as well, so the count is fair and even.

Besides, solar plants and rooftop panels increase the risk of fire, and mining the minerals necessary to make the panels is hardly a safe & clean industry. You're arguing from ignorance in addition to attempting to stack the deck.
>>
>>94400386
In what way? There are a couple ways to interpret the numbers, sure. Like, nuclear power in the US has only killed an estimated 0.1 people / PWh instead of 90, because that doesn't include Chernobyl. The same is apparent in hydro power, with 1400 deaths / PWh global average, and 5 deaths / PWh in the US. With relatively strict government control, there are fewer catastrophic accidents.
However, there's no way I can see to read the statistics in a way that makes nuclear power less safe than any competitor.
>>
>>94400468
The same could be said of Chernobyl. It wasn't the energy production that killed the people. The same explosion that spread radioactive materials everywhere also stopped the power generation. You can't fault nuclear power for an accident that simply happened to occur in a nuclear power plant, can you?
>>
>>94399870
doutbful
>>
Wakandan politics would be the perfect metaphor for Trump's America, but Marvel pussied out and went with the global defense shield.

Fuck, Wakanda even has a giant-ass wall around its borders.
>>
>>94395118
>We are talking about existing technology, not your Magic Unicorn Fart reactors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nuclear_power#Thorium-based_nuclear_power_projects
>>
>>94398525
Black Panther came before the party you damn casual.
>>
>>94398818
>Thinking they'll ever make the cure for cancer

There's too much money in just "treating it". Big Pharma is just another set of Big Corporations that want to make money. Why do you think they fight so hard to keep weed illegal?
>>
>>94398918
Wakanda doesn't exist /tv/

I'm not even sure if Wakanda canonically has the wall you guys are thinking about. Yeah I know what page you're going to post but was that from the current run? Most of the time it's just a border wall.
>>
It's apt that this discussion is on the comic book board since people have such a comic book grasp of energy generation.

Wind and solar and nuclear will be our power sources going forward. We need nukes for baseload and for medical purposes and we're not going to turn away from a perfectly valid power source that we've mastered through costly lessons anymore than early man stopped using fire after an ill thought attempt to use it for hunting burned down the whole valley. No matter what the pearl clutching wise women of the tribe decreed.
>>
>>94392161
>give us a bit more time
>us
What exactly are you doing, Anon?
>>
>>94402590
There's several things you're forgetting though
1) Why are they spending billions of dollar finding a cure then?
2) They'd actually make more money in the long run by curing cancer since that way people will live longer, and the older you get the more money you have to spend on medication for all the other diseases you inevitably get
3) The rich and powerful, including pharma executives, fear death just as much as anyone, which includes fear of dying of cancer.
4) Going by your logic, vaccines shouldn't exist
>>
File: 1499477653842.jpg (62KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1499477653842.jpg
62KB, 320x371px
>people still believe a silver bullet exists for diseases.
For a bunch of ''''educated''' people they seem to know next to nothing about healthcare.
>>
>>94398363
It's not like 616 America doesn't have vibranium.
>>
>>94394540
Nuclear power has always been billed as a transitional energy source.

It's many times cleaner and safer then you likely imagine, and current non-renewable plants (coal, nat gas) produce far more toxic products than an equivalent nuclear plant (that fly ash is fucking dangerous and radioactive)

Nuclear was supposed to be what we replace coal with until solar and wind and hydroelectric can fulfill America's energy needs.
>>
>>94402818
They only have it because they bought some from Wakanda.
>>
>>94402832
>Solar and wind replacing anything.
You couldn't even power your computer with enough energy to type that post with solar.

Nuclear and Natural gas were suppose to hold us over till Fusion, Which would fulfill all our energy demands.
>>
Any Black Panther Comics by Reggie Huldon needs to be ignored and burned. Its Racist Fan Fiction.

Read the Christopher Priest Stuff
>>
>>94402904
>You couldn't even power your computer with enough energy to type that post with solar.
My home is literally being powered by solar right now, anon.

Solar in my state is so effective that the local government would only allow panel leasing if they could remove the ability of people to sell power back to the grid because FPL would become insolvent.
>>
>>94392101
If people honestly believe medical companies wouldn't have a solid cure for most major illnesses they wouldn't just cure it?
I mean you could charge tons more than ya could a few bottle of pills.
>>
File: 1500088668264.jpg (61KB, 293x344px) Image search: [Google]
1500088668264.jpg
61KB, 293x344px
>>94402926
>My home is literally being powered by solar right now, anon.
>>
>>94395970
Ethnic Arabs, maybe? Saudi is the dynasty.
>>
>>94402982
>I mean you could charge tons more than ya could a few bottle of pills.
You clearly have no concept of how much they charge for serious pills in the US.
>>94402985
>Doesn't know what he's talking about
>Unironically posts le reaction face of a stupid character
pottery.
>>
>>94403029
Ok post your home solar panel with a time stamp. Post your generator and your battery system.
>>
>>94392101
So the black guy is kind of reinforcing a stereotype of blacks being bad by saying he's the exception among black people who can be bought with money, sex and guns.

cool.
>>
>>94402982
The sad truth is that far more research dollars are poured into treatment than cures. Treatments are constant sources of money whereas cures are one-time purchases.

Especially in the US it's becoming harder and harder to do truly beneficial research because the FDA is so obstructive.
>>
I guess my followup question to the claim that
Africa isn't a wealthy first-worlder due to european rape of the continent is...

Humanity arose and expanded out of Africa, civilizations existed there for thousands of years before humanity even made it into europe. How was it that europeans were able to advance at such a faster rate that they caught up and surpassed generations of africans? Why wasn't africa able to repel the newcomers? Why wasn't africa so much more advanced that *they colonized europe*?

No, the argument that Africa is a shithole because of european colonization makes zero sense with even a smidgen of thought put into it. The problem was that africa was already a shithole to the point that the 16th century dutch were able to waltz in and take over.

I'm not theorizing a reason and I'm not suggesting it was from a racist cause. There are all sorts of theories why europe raced to dominance while older civilizations stalled. The book "Guns, Germs, and Steel" tried to find non-racist reasons but was criticized for even bringing the topic up, you cant point out that europe was more advanced from africa *no matter the reason*, even pointing at non-racist reasons was seen as racist.

But some reason exists, it was what it was, and trying to gloss over it with an outright lie does nobody any good.
>>
>>94402982
>If people honestly believe medical companies wouldn't have a solid cure for most major illnesses they wouldn't just cure it?
Probably. But in reality, only because they couldn't get away with doing otherwise. If they felt they could get more money out of people by selling them expensive pills that had to pay for every month for the rest of their life than one pill that cures them for life, they would. The drugs industry is pretty scummy.

In practice this kind of thing is cart to pull off with free markets and whatnot. But similarly shady shit certainly does occur.
>>
File: 1804319-batmanwithbomb.jpg (44KB, 753x960px) Image search: [Google]
1804319-batmanwithbomb.jpg
44KB, 753x960px
>>94403057
I'm actually not the person you were originally responding to.
But I find it absolutely hilarious that you you put efficient solar energy systems on par with Perpetual Energy Machines. I bet you believe in the Thorium meme tho.
>>
>>94398419
Selling it to these dickbags would be a bad move but opening up worldwide clinics where the cure is given cheaply makes too much sense for someone calling themselves Black Panther I guess.
>>
>>94403081
Guns, Germs, and Steel is criticized because it's a poor piece of historical interpretation that sticks entirely to a Eurocentric worldview that doesn't even apply to all of Europe. The real factor is that the Age of Colonization began during a period where most of the larger African kingdoms were in decline due to various reasons, mostly internal.
>>
File: WTFAMIREADING.jpg (34KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
WTFAMIREADING.jpg
34KB, 400x399px
>>94403068
>Super-Shareholders driving research labs to develop treatments that cost half a million dollars for Big Returns.

>Blames this on government regulation of the industry.

Yank the FDA entirely and the only difference would be the glut of quack treatments offering deathly sick people false hope, and people getting sickened by low-grade boner pills.
>>
>>94403100
>you you
Skaven?
Anyway I'm not putting solar on par with PEM's? I'm just stating solar has vast limitations. I don't know where this meme came from where you put solar panels on your roof and magically your energy problem is solved.
The limitation of solar is in the solar rays themselves. They just don't have enough energy to power today's infrastructure.
Solar is more of a gimmick energy source than anything.
>>
>>94403148
I wasn't blaming company greed on FDA obstruction, they're two separate problems.

Of fucking course the FDA is necessary, but right now it's been captured.
>>
>>94403182
>I don't know where this meme came from where you put solar panels on your roof and magically your energy problem is solved.
That's... that's exactly what solar panels do though. Put some on your roof, and they generate electricity from sunlight. You can call it magic if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it's what solar panels DO. They have limitations, but if you live in an area that gets enough sunlight, you absolutely can power your house with them.
>>
>>94403182
>I'm just stating solar has vast limitations
Yes, limitations that shrink every time a new panel is designed with higher efficiency.

>magically your energy problem is solved
If you live in a sunny area, it fucking is. Like I said, Florida had to prevent people from leasing panels until they could remove the law allowing people to sell excess energy back to the grid. They didn't want FPL paying customers.
>>
File: Doctor Manhattan.jpg (157KB, 441x700px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Manhattan.jpg
157KB, 441x700px
>>94403182
>Everything I know about Solar Energy comes from a British Petroleum flyer printed in 1989.

Will you at least get current on a topic before being a contrarian on the internets?
>>
>>94403334
Only when the sun is shining since we can't fucking store any of that energy yet.

When do people use the most energy? Power companies statistics show it's in the morning when people wake up and in the evening when they get home. These are times when the sun is not consistently out yet.
>>
File: Read the Rules.jpg (320KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
Read the Rules.jpg
320KB, 500x572px
>>94403388
https://www.tesla.com/powerwall
>>
File: timetostop.jpg (11KB, 229x183px) Image search: [Google]
timetostop.jpg
11KB, 229x183px
>>94403388
>we can't fucking store any of that energy yet.
>>
>>94403409
Tech is getting there but it's nowhere near affordable yet for average consumers.
>>
>>94403409
lmao if you think a deranged Trumptard is going to successfully create anything like that
>>
>>94403409
>>94403444
to be fair this was true up until a few years ago. we have batteries now but they are still pretty inefficient
>>
File: average-output.gif (15KB, 533x286px) Image search: [Google]
average-output.gif
15KB, 533x286px
>>94403373
>Everything I know about solar panels comes from a sub reddit sponsored by a Chinese solar manufacturer
You should probably learn how electricity actually works before believing in trendy magic roof mirrors.
>>94403367
10,812 kilowatthours (kWh), an average of 901 kWh per month. Louisiana had the highest annual electricity consumption at 15,435 kWh per
A solar panel on your roof has an average output of 300kWh per month.
>>94403444
>dude just store your energy in AAA batteries lmao
>>
>>94392101
>>94392288
>height-shaming
kill all black people
>>
>>94403466
also storing the energy might be more harmful to the environment according to some studies

https://news.utexas.edu/2017/01/30/storing-solar-power-increases-energy-use-and-emissions
>>
>>94392824
>Man, I bet you /pol/tards just HATE the way the 21st century is going.
we hate the bourgeois morals of the 20th century as much as you do

most countries outside of the west are dictatorships where gays and women get stoned to death, we just want that to happen here
>>
File: 1433280005387.jpg (51KB, 625x401px) Image search: [Google]
1433280005387.jpg
51KB, 625x401px
>>94403507
>solar energy is evil
>source is school built with oil-riches.

You don't say?
>>
>>94403474
>A solar panel on your roof has an average output of 300kWh per month.
so 3 solar panels should cover you?

>dude just store your energy in AAA batteries lmao
Assuming they are lithium ion, that's a pretty economical strategy these days.
>>
>>94394297
>Hey guys, let's use wind power!
>not geo-thermal
>not hydro-electric
>not cold fission
Dumbass
>>
>>94403444
We can store energy. It's just that are methods are fucking shit. We fucking pump water uphill when power consumption is low, or spin metal disks really quick. Our long term energy storage is shit, which is one of the greatest issues with renewable energy.
>>
>>94403507
increases energy usage!! oh no! We can't allow peoples quality of life to improve. What would the founding fathers think : (?
>>
>>94403558
>>not geo-thermal
too expensive
>not hydro-electric
uses too much land
>not cold fission
muh sci fri books
>>
>>94403546
>>94403546
No the whole roof being a solar panel
>>
File: mysterybox.png (481KB, 730x548px) Image search: [Google]
mysterybox.png
481KB, 730x548px
>>94403558
No, the point is, use Wind, Hydro, Solar and Geo Thermal.
And stop meming cold fission and Muh Thorium until there's more to it than Wishful Thinking.
>>
>>94403581
source?
>>
File: 1499151389719.png (68KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1499151389719.png
68KB, 256x256px
>>94392161
Well that and the enormous costs that comes with nuclear energy. Expensive to build, expensive to maintain and expensive to get rid off.

Expensive all around
>>
>>94403545
>>94403564
>Article is actually pretty nuanced in explaining how emissions from solar batteries might ALSO be harmful to the environment so you can't call it a catch-all solution
>It explains that having solar WITH batteries is still better than not having solar at all
>Actually suggests an alternative that sounds a lot better than batteries for every household in the form of a network where all the energy is spread out across timezones and used immediately
Fuck off and actually read the article.
>>
>>94403594
Source for a solar panel roof output?
>>
>>94403604
Bush signed a bill giving Nuclear Plant developers enormous gibs on the taxpayer dime.

The bigger problem is that no one wants a PERFECTLY SAFE, RLY nuclear plant outside their community.
>>
>>94403604
Source? What does nuclear power cost per kilowatt hour?
>>
>>94403610
Well now I don't need to.
>>
>>94403614
please
>>
>>94403628
And since it clearly really doesn't disparage solar/battery use at all, he's saved us a lot of time we'd have otherwise wasted on an article with a misleading title.
>>
>>94403623
Nuclear is substantially cheaper than coal in terms of $ per kWh. I assume he's referencing the initial cost of construction, which I'll admit is quite substantial even as someone decidedly pro nuclear.

However the bigger issue is the "not in my backyard" folks.
>>
File: electricity-prices-europe-1.png (29KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
electricity-prices-europe-1.png
29KB, 800x609px
>>94403623
>Source
My university classes, but that's not a good source for the Internet so have this instead

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=19&t=3
>>
>>94398704
Literally all of them except the current one and Hudlin's are good.
>>
>>94403674
>>94403686
I recall reading awhile back that when all costs are taken account for, nuclear is one of the most expensive power sources.
>>
>>94394698
>>Nuclear power plants are tax-subsidized money sinks that provide expensive electrical power.
>Wind farms aren't tax subsidized

Nevermind the fact that in 2014 wind farms got more subsidies by the IRS than the international nuclear power community spent in research and development alone.
>>
>>94394472

Hudlin really damaged the brand, and it's going to take a long time to repair.
>>
>>94403712
IIRC The expense of a nuclear plant is in the construction and decommission. They're very costly to make and very costly to shut down, but when running are extremely cost-efficient.

As I understand it the longer a nuclear plant is in use the cheaper it effectively is, becoming one of the cheapest sources after a certain period (I want to say 10 years? I wrote this paper a long-ass time ago)
>>
File: Alan_Keyes.jpg (57KB, 416x431px) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Keyes.jpg
57KB, 416x431px
>>94403714
Yes, and that's been true during the second half of the Obama Administration, breaking many decades of money being poured into nuclear development and alternatives getting pennies.

The result being that we are actually getting decently efficient Solar and Wind, whereas the Fission Unicorn has never materialized despite billions being thrown at it.
>>
>>94403776
>Fission never materialized

Oh no it's retarded.
And fusion has never been funded anywhere remotely near its projected requirements to be useful; it's a miracle it's starting even now.
>>
Yes, if you can operate a Nuclear Plant for 100 years without having to refit, upgrade or perform substantial maintenance on it, it's a good bargain.

Unfortunately that's not really how power plants work except on paper.
>>
>>94403776
call me when we get decent money poured into battery tech

I want my graphene supercapacitors
>>
File: 1420750764599.jpg (30KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1420750764599.jpg
30KB, 228x239px
>>94392101
>calling anyone "your majesty"
no Gods or Kings, only man.
>>
>>94403802
FUSION's projected requirements are how many Trillions?
"Sure we can turn lead to gold, it's just going to take all our gold to fund the research."
>>
>>94403776
>The result being that we are actually getting decently efficient Solar and Wind, whereas the Fission Unicorn has never materialized despite billions being thrown at it.
I can't tell if you're baiting.
>>
>>94403832
>call me when we get decent money poured into battery tech
http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/26/technology/tesla-gigafactory/index.html
>>
>>94403858
he clearly meant Fusion.
Settle your rustled almonds.
>>
>>94403860
>Li+ batteries
old and busted

we need graphene hotness
>>
File: retard spurdo.png (67KB, 224x221px) Image search: [Google]
retard spurdo.png
67KB, 224x221px
>Hurrr fusion is stuch a stupid idea!
>lemme believe in another stupid idea like solar!
>>
>>94403880
At the rate of battery innovation, it can't be far off.

The batteries in your average consumer Drone were unthinkable 10 years ago.
>>
File: C5tJEbqU4AExPqZ.jpg large.jpg (54KB, 849x671px) Image search: [Google]
C5tJEbqU4AExPqZ.jpg large.jpg
54KB, 849x671px
>>94403860
>Tesla
>>
File: John Lovitz.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
John Lovitz.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>94403898
Yeah! or make-believe power like Hydro-electric dams! Dumb!
>>
>>94399870
You can't just end a problem like world hunger by throwing money at it. You buy all 30 million starving niglets food for a year and then you have to find food for 60 million next year. The quickest way is to let nature take its course
>>
>>94403903
>not being part of the Elon cult
HERESY!!!
>>
File: bill-gates.jpg (30KB, 770x476px) Image search: [Google]
bill-gates.jpg
30KB, 770x476px
>>94403898
Fusion is a GREAT idea, but it's simply an idea, not an alternative to existing energy demands.

Solar Power generation is 40 gigawatts in the USA in 2016, up double from 2015, and expected to at least double again in 2017.
>>
>>94399950
>because it's not buried under tons of rock anymore
It is, that's the point of the post you quoted. How can someone have this little reading comprehension?
Do you have legit mental problems?
>>
File: 1454970374735.jpg (151KB, 911x910px) Image search: [Google]
1454970374735.jpg
151KB, 911x910px
>>94403860
Let's put them in production first. Until then we're going to keep using classical physics to store energy such as pumped hydro or flywheels. Which in turn limits alternatives that produce variable amounts of power.

>>94403917
Except Dams are already widespread. It both produces significant amounts of power as well as continuing to operate at all hours of the day. I am unaware of any state that relies on solar power for a significant slice of its power.
>>
>>94403972
How many times does that number need to double to cover the 3,913,000,000,000 kWh that was consumed by the US in 2016?
>>
>>94404022
Correction: that number is from 2014. It's safe to assume the number for 2016 is even higher.
>>
>>94403898
More like
>Hurrr fusion is such a stupid idea!
>Let me inefficiently harvest a fraction of the residual energy of this naturally occuring fusion reactor! That'll show those fusion fags!
>>
>>94403972
>it's simply an idea
so was magic sun mirrors
>not an alternative to existing energy demands
They had a working fusion chamber, granted it was for a few seconds but fusion is the future. You can take fusion to the star with you, where solar dies down and wind doesn't exist. God forbid you go to mars
>>
File: Hoover.jpg (41KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hoover.jpg
41KB, 300x240px
>>94404012
>I am unaware of any state that relies on solar power for a significant slice of its power.

California uses 13,000 MW from solar, enough for 3.2 million homes.
Hoover Dam by comparison generates 2000 MW from hydro.

But I like how you think your ignorance on a topic is some sort of compelling counter-argument. "I don't know about it, so it must not exist!".
>>
>>94403972
>but it's simply an idea,
That's what they said about airplanes or leaving this planet

We proved them wrong
>>94404022
>cover the 3,913,000,000,000 kWh
Just say 3913 TWh you stupid man.
>>
>>94404094
You are aware that WA produces so much power with Hydroelectric Dams that we sell our excess power to CA, and that same state you're using to defend Solar Power is dependent on that fact? Then again you're comparing a singular dam to an entire states solar network, so I doubt you're going to be too rigorous about this.
>>
File: alGore_1515233c.jpg (16KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
alGore_1515233c.jpg
16KB, 460x288px
>>94404022
In 2015 the total installed electricity generation summer capacity:[10] in the United States was 1,064.1 Gigawatts(GW), down 4.4 Gigawatts from 2014. The main energy sources for electricity generation include:
Thermal/Fossil 758.45 GW down 15.85 GW from 2014
Nuclear 98.7 GW up 0.1 GW from 2014
Hydropower 79.7 GW same as 2014
Wind 72.6 GW up 8.4 GW from 2014

We are talking Capacity here, raw electricity generation, not the consumption volume over a year.

2015 produces 20 GW. 2016 40 GW. We apparently need roughly a thousand Gigawatts at peak.
So if it were to continue doubling, (which it won't) 5 years. But let's be more realistic and say 20 years. Or even conservative and say 30 years. Those are very acceptable numbers, desu.
>>
>>94404022
according to me math it already covers 9% of those kWh. so I guess.. 3.7 times?
>>
File: Water.jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
Water.jpg
8KB, 274x184px
>>94404214
Of course Hydro generates much more overall, vast sums have been poured into it's infrastructure since your Grandpappy's day.

The fact that California is generating 6 and a half Hoover Dams worth of Solar in just one State is hardly an inconsequential figure, given how recently serious funding for it has been available.
>>
>>94404284
People, especially those that gravitate towards anti-science conservative blogs, have a really hard time grasping the pace of alternative energy development.

My 70 yr old grandfather, a staunch Democrat, can hardly wrap his mind around what's been going on the last 5 years alone.
>>
>>94398525
To his credit Black Panther is trying to open boarders between his nations and everyone else. He thinks the isolationist views is ass backwards.

Ops pic is his father I think.
>>
>>94404348
>Being anti-solar means you are anti-science.
>>
>>94404389
no one said that
>>
File: Boehner Bawling.jpg (15KB, 299x225px) Image search: [Google]
Boehner Bawling.jpg
15KB, 299x225px
>>94404389
No, I'm saying that you've become married to Big Old Energy, which poo-poos anything that wasn't developed in the 1970's or "Stuff we will surely have once our eggheads figure out clean coal or thorium or whatever".

The world is rapidly changing in spite of your type of thinking. Necessities in developing Asia are more or less forcing the issue.
>>
>>94404284
How the fuck are you getting those numbers

Solar Production
40*10^6 kW * 8760 hours per year=3.5*10^11 kWh/year

Consumption
3.9*10^12 kWh/year

Which in turn gives me a value of a bit over 11 fold.

>>94404306
>The fact that California is generating 6 and a half Hoover Dams worth of Solar in just one State is hardly an inconsequential figure, given how recently serious funding for it has been available.
I don't think you appreciate just how large CA is.

Regardless I have low expectations for it, at least until someone figures out a new battery. It makes for a good supplemental source sure, but as I mentioned until we find proper ways to store energy systems with variable power production (solar tends to be a touch limited at night) will have some major failings.

The issue is typically less production and more distribution.
>>
File: Ted_groovy_gang.png (119KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
Ted_groovy_gang.png
119KB, 250x299px
>>94404389
>Is against harnessing the nigh-unlimited power that is spilled all over our planet's surface every single day
>somehow thinks this is NOT anti-science.

I'll assume you aren't a Nosferatu.
>>
>>94404448
see the article mentioned in >>94403507
They've got some interesting ideas.
>>
If his nations so great and shit, why doesnt he help everyone starving around his nation?
>>
File: megamind_1110-md.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
megamind_1110-md.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>94404448
>Regardless I have low expectations for it
Yes, your excessive pessimism is obvious.
>until we find proper ways to store energy systems with variable power production
We are on the verge of doing just that, with understandable technology.
Whereas Fusion and Thorium and Magic Clean Coal remain wishful thinking.

That's rather the whole point. We don't need to push untold billions in tax dollars into re-imagining nuclear, solar and wind is taking off at a competitive commercial level, where the serious innovations start taking place, funded by the people profiting off of them.
>>
>>94404448
>Which in turn gives me a value of a bit over 11 fold.
Are you fucking stupid? increasing 9% 11 fold does make 100%.

He asked how many times do you need to double the amount. doubling 9% 2.7 times makes 100%.
>>
>>94404544
We still need some other kind of fuel for space travel and exploration, though.
>>
>>94404564
I'm sure you mean 3.7 time but your point stands.
>>
>>94404578
You can make methane out of electricity. Methane can power rockets and spaceflight just fine.
>>
>>94404583
quite right
>>
>>94403588
>stop using wishful thinking
>start using these unreliable and expensive energy sources
>>
File: Larry_Prehistoric_Iceman.png (145KB, 267x393px) Image search: [Google]
Larry_Prehistoric_Iceman.png
145KB, 267x393px
>>94404578
Than Wind? Surely.
I've heard rumors that solar energy might exist in space though, and we have a couple of Moons in the system holding vast sources of water, which can be converted to fuel using said rumored solar energy.
>>
>>94404605
They are reliable and inexpensive though. You must have things mixed up.
>>
>>94404564
The issue is just that we were just tracking something different. I was just posting the factor it was off by, not how many times it would need to be doubled. Oh well.
>>
>>94404492
You can say the same about Marvel America. They have the top super-scientists in the world and can build 30ft robots to kill mutants but Detriot is still a shithole and the indian reservations are still like a 3rd world country.
>>
File: Old Man.jpg (50KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Old Man.jpg
50KB, 800x450px
>>94404605
>We need to breed more efficient horses
>Stop using these innefficient and expensive auto-mobiles!

Solar and Wind efficiency and cost effectiveness it taking off like crazy, which is why even the traditional Big Energy companies are making huge investments in them, grandpa.
>>
File: zap and kif.jpg (65KB, 688x514px) Image search: [Google]
zap and kif.jpg
65KB, 688x514px
>>94404643
I think giving the reservation Natives their own 30-foot Killbots might be poor judgment.
>>
>>94404648
>efficiency
>cost effectiveness
The only real metrics are power density and energy density. Which we're still decades away from competing with real energy sources
>>
>>94404648

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/plans-for-new-reactors-worldwide.aspx
>>
>>94404689
Are you really a prehistoric Iceman from the 1980's?
>>
>>94404643
Yeah but does Marvel America pretend its morally superior to everyone else? Like that's the whole point, the dude has starving people surrounding his country but is calling the rest of the world spiritually bankrupt. Everyone else is also letting people starve, but they also acknowledge they're shitheads.
>>
>>94404674
You say that now but when the Demon Bear shows up, you might be glad that they had a 30ft killbot on hand.
>>
>>94404689
>The only real metrics are power density and energy density.
how are those important whatsoever?
>>
>>94404707
Yes, I'm well aware. China especially is desperate to get away from Coal, they'll take anything in the short-term, but they are also the nation that is going to push electric cars and solar energy advancement for generations to come.
>>
>>94404348
>>94404348
Personally I blame con artist for this , remember that solar powered roadway BS?
>>
File: Hank.jpg (27KB, 310x432px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
27KB, 310x432px
>>94404734
>Implying it won't be a Kill-bot with bear hides stitched over it.
>>
>>94404758
It's not over. Aren't they making a solar road in france now?

Also trump want's his solar wall, which is just about as stupid.
>>
>>94404741
Because America has a critical shortage of wide-open spaces!
>>
>>94404789
At least the Wall would contribute something at that point.
>>
>>94404741
Because I can give you all the energy you want, but if it's at 1/2 a watt, it's useless for real work.
>>
>>94404789
I imagine a wall is easier to keep clean and working without thousands of 1ton+ vehicle moving overs it
>>
>>94400415
People like Latveria because its canon has never been ruined. Doom put in all the hard work to raise it from a poor eastern european, post communist shithole to a beautiful utopia. It used to be similar for Wakanda in that T'Challa had to go westward to learn then return as king so advance them past the warrior culture but then it got retconned that it was always the most advanced nation in the world despite being a fucking warrior culture and then had the balls to act all high and mighty for watching everyone else suffer because they had their magic resource to do it for them.
>>
File: 1420894043723.png (256KB, 536x468px) Image search: [Google]
1420894043723.png
256KB, 536x468px
>>94404828
No one is talking about rubbing balloons with wool Anon.
>>
>>94404818
Doubtful. A solar wall would have many of the problems of the road.

>>94404828
If you could give me all the energy you want, then why would you choose to give me half a watt you retard?

Also that's not what 'density' means. Density means kW/kWH over area/volume. it doesn't mean the amount of energy.
>>
>>94404805
But I like being able to go /out/
>>
>>94404840
Just because it's better than an utterly retarded idea doesn't mean it's a good one. It would be utterly un-cost effective.
>>
>>94404872
The Great Wall of Trump was never intended to be a model of cost-effectiveness, whatever has been said or written about it.
>>
>>94404890
My point is adding solar to it would make it more expensive without any benefit to anyone.
>>
>>94392101
>Implies that all (other) black men can be bought off with guns, white women, and money
Uncle Ruckus?
>>
>>94404898
What if it powers laser turrets, and there's a camera on them that broadcasts live video online?
>>
>>94404902
Lets be honest, pretty much ALL men can be bought off with this.
>>
Is this a /sci/ thread?
>>
>>94404898
And adding solar means that you would have to tilt the wall, making it a ramp.
>>
>>94404939
Better to power those turrets of the regular power grid like everything else.
>>
>>94404943
What about the gay ones?
>>
>>94404955
I love how trump made a big deal that putting solar panels on the wall was his idea.
>>
File: straya.jpg (130KB, 795x681px) Image search: [Google]
straya.jpg
130KB, 795x681px
>>94404845

TF2 Australia did it better
>>
>>94404955
Couldn't the wall just be not completely vertical...or simply install the panel at an angle?
>>
>>94404957
They can use the women as housekeepers.
>>
>>94405018
You still need to have them on the mexican side. So like...

jesus christ, there are so many problems this idea. And he's talking about it like he wants everyone to know it was his idea and no one elses... jesus christ the cringe..
>>
>>94405044
>Implying installing them on the Mexican side won't be even cheaper
Just wait for the first guy to drive by and promise him five bucks.
>>
>>94405066
They'll need to build another wall outside the wall to stop mexicans fucking up the panels at every opportunity.
>>
>>94403474
I have two houses with a solar system on each.

The little one is 3.3kW, and the big one is 6.7kW. In summer I am generating 20kWh from the small system and over 40 on the large one, PER DAY. Even my little system generates over double what your graph shows.

Lithium batteries like powerwall are shit, and only a fuckhead (kind of like you) would buy one. But bromide flow batteries are awesome, safe, clean, don't lose capacity. http://redflow.com/products/redflow-zbm-2/

I have shares in a wave energy company AND a company trying to get clean coal going. I am not a fucking greenie. Greens are retarded and hypocritical. The Australian Greens political party was LITERALLY formed out of a protest movement protesting *against* the best renewable energy project this country has.

But you. You are just as pig fucking ignorant as any of those faggots.
>>
>>94392161
Saying africa is a shithole because of africans is lile saying you got a flat tire because the tire was made of rubber.
>>
>>94404845
You can blame Hudlin and then Hickman for that. Before that, Wakanda was as advance as most other nation but T'challa is the one that made then so advanced.
>>
>>94392101
But America does provide cheap energy. Our foreign policy is based around it.
>>
>>94405171
I'm not sure what your analogy is meant to mean. Explain.
>>
>>94399043
Also, literally EVERYONE knows someone who has suffered through or died from cancer. Are you telling me that every person at every level of the pharmaceutical companies is a 100%, utterly heartless monster who lacks even the basic empathy to spare someone else from something they, themselves, have almost certainly experienced?

People are selfish, and one or even a handful of people can be sociopathic monsters... but every single person in the company? Every single doctor? There's no way in Hell the cure wouldn't be leaked to the press or just straight up revealed by an ethical scientist.
>>
>>94399095
Oh, right, because Wakanda is in NO WAY a hamfisted metaphor for Africa if the kangz had their way (and everyone was magically superintelligent and rich as fuck but still dressed like fucking savages in loincloths because BLACK POWER).
>>
File: Romney2.jpg (256KB, 618x504px) Image search: [Google]
Romney2.jpg
256KB, 618x504px
>>94405272
>Are you telling me that every person at every level of the pharmaceutical companies is a 100%, utterly heartless monster who lacks even the basic empathy
Anon, it only has to be the ones paying to keep the lights on.

There aren't thousands of little mom and pop Pharma start-ups.
>>
File: John_Carter-_Bill1.jpg (1MB, 1425x1080px) Image search: [Google]
John_Carter-_Bill1.jpg
1MB, 1425x1080px
>>94405300
It's no worse than the centuries old trope of the Ango orphan/castaway/explorer who arrives in the jungle/desert/Far East/Mars/Alien world and conquers everyting to become Kangz because "Muh Superior Breeding and Sheeit".
>>
>>94405361
*Anglo
>>
>>94405361
Well it is because anglos and other europeans did conquer savage lands and bend them to their will.
>>
>>94395638
>>94395606
actually It would be fascinating to see Wakanda reverse this policy and declare the entire african continent to be Unified Wakanda.

Africa has more than enough resources to make it worth it, and the social programs needed to unify everyone would make Captain Hydra seem moderate.

At a bare minimum it would involve taking children en mass for reeducation.

That would be a much more interesting civil war event than what weve gotten. And an excuse to introduce a metric shit ton of new diverse supers and see which stick.

too bad noone will ever ass themselves long enough to do the research
>>
File: Tarzan2.jpg (101KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Tarzan2.jpg
101KB, 600x337px
>>94405421
Yes, the difference being that they did so with great amounts of superior technology.
Whereas fictionally they drop in with little more than a pair of pants or a sabre or rifle if they are lucky, and bare-knuckle their way to absolute primacy.
>>
>>94405606
That's kind of a power fantasy though. Is it even race related?

Wakanda is kinda of the opposite of any of that. It's about a bunch of people that the world thinks is a savage tribe, but is secretly a wealthy and technologically advanced society.
>>
>>94403843
Most of the cost comes from the bureaucracy not the resource.
>>
File: Mossadeghmohammad.jpg (6KB, 250x320px) Image search: [Google]
Mossadeghmohammad.jpg
6KB, 250x320px
>>94405592
Not only would this entangle Wakanda with a large number of Mudslime nations to the North, it would make them immediate enemies with powerful Western nations who's big multinational corporations are exploiting Africa.

Remember, Eisenhower abducted the democratically elected reformist leader of Iran simply because he was causing problems for British Petroleum and Churchill called in a favor.

BP's investments in Nigeria alone would cause the exact same thing.
>>
>>94405667
>source: my ass.
>>
>>94403843
i recall hearing recently they around about $60-80 billion away from a commercial demonstration power plant.
>>
>>94403972
>but it's simply an idea
So was heavier than air flight, television, and ridable horses. I never get modern day luddites, how the fuck do even become one given what your surrounded with?
>>
>>94404476
Blowing up its potential way beyond its capability is.
>>
>>94405697
>So was heavier than air flight, television, and rideable horses.
no, those were all also economically viable ideas. Fusion could be viable, but it will take a lot of money to find out which could be better spent elsewhere.
>>
File: F35.jpg (234KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
F35.jpg
234KB, 1024x576px
>>94405692
Yeah, I've heard that same sort of talk about numerous other projects that ended up with massive cost overruns.
"But tax-payer-kun, you've already committed 80 billion to our magic reactor, you can't just abandon it now!"
>>
>>94405717
So is fusion. If you have the resource the cost is no problem. Aside from all the capable states collapsing.
>>
>>94405697
Yeah, I remember all the taxpayer billions spent inventing television and early airplanes.
>>
File: Gold.jpg (1MB, 1500x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Gold.jpg
1MB, 1500x1191px
>>94405735
If Fusion were as certain and as economically viable as you try and suggest, billionaires would be pouring all the necessary moneys into cornering the development of it.

That's just a fact.
>>
>>94405687
You know google takes just a couple of seconds to use. You can read up about the sanctions faster than your body process oxygen you suck.
>>
>>94405735
>So is fusion.
It could be. Like I said. But it's no sure thing. We could spend another $200 billion to try and crack it, but that still might not yield anything useful. That's a lot of money, and as useful as fusion would be, there's a lot you can do with the money it may take to figure it out that may be a much safer bet and yield similarly good benefits to society.
>>
>>94405746
Yeah they did. If you factor in the inflation of the cost of the grant research.
>>
>>94405725
uh.. okay?
>>
>>94392161

Except for the whole fact that europeans and americans have saboutaged governments in Africa and fuck them over by supporting regressive tyrants.

I guess racist fuckers are blind to the bigger picture
>>
>>94405678
>Remember, Eisenhower abducted the democratically elected reformist leader of Iran simply because he was causing problems for British Petroleum and Churchill called in a favor.
Well the guy was also leaning more towards a socialist nation which probably made the revolt a lot easier for Eisenhower
>>
>>94405781
Like what friendship? Goodwill? Optimism of the masses? Harnessing the biogas produced by the obsess? We are growing exponentially at an alarming rate and fossil fuels are about to go, this one of our best options.
>>
>>94405823
>Like what friendship? Goodwill? Optimism of the masses? Harnessing the biogas produced by the obsess?
No. Those are all terrible things to invest that kind of money into. Are you retarded?
>>
>>94405791
Yes, the planes pictured cost hundreds of billions to develop, and now their program cost has ballooned to 1.5 Trillion (with a T) dollars, and that's just a hopeful projection at this point.

And those are just a bit more advanced tactical fighter planes.

You are talking developing an entirely new form of energy generation.
>>
>>94405767
Except some already do, they don't live in socialist states to be forced to take their funds to places they don't want it to be.
>>
>>94405840
Is see you don't have enough functioning brain cells to detect sarcasm.
>>
>>94405844
Yes. But you're saying because those planes when way over budget, then surely fusion will too.

For the record Fusion research is yielding far more than has been practiced it would by now in the 60's given the amount of money has been invested in it. So in that regard it's highly under budget so far.
>>
File: Reagan.jpg (18KB, 280x269px) Image search: [Google]
Reagan.jpg
18KB, 280x269px
>>94405812
Oh well, if they were trying to develop a social safety net for the workers and the poor, then that's adequate cause for overthrowing their government, say no more.
>>
>>94405864
Good things to invest in would be green energy for example. Electric cars. Basic Science research. Healthcare r&d. There's a whole lot you can get done with $200b. People are justifiably slow to put such a huge sum of money on something that may not even work out in the end. The reward is high, but so is the risk.
>>
File: World of Tomorrow!.jpg (10KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
World of Tomorrow!.jpg
10KB, 300x239px
>>94405878
>For the record Fusion research is yielding far more than has been predicted it would by now in the 60's
I find this incredibly hard to believe, given that in the 1960's we were landing on the moon and the people then were thinking we were going to be jet-packing across Mars in the Year Two Thousand and Seventeen.
>>
>>94398632
>coinsucking

Wow, you don't see many liberals who actually make the attempt to at least thinly veil their homophobia when it comes to Trump these days. Good for you.
>>
>>94405941
>I find this incredibly hard to believe
okay.
>>
File: 1482036551382.png (6KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1482036551382.png
6KB, 369x369px
>>94405950
>>
>>94405883
Teach me more Reagan senpai
>>
File: 1396469266963.jpg (67KB, 369x365px) Image search: [Google]
1396469266963.jpg
67KB, 369x365px
>>94405966
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/obama-energy-research-nuclear-power/

Your chart shows the federal money directly allotted to theoretical nuclear energy research, and not the billions annually given to that industry in taxpayer dollars (for a supposedly profitable and viable industry).

Big Nuclear has always recieved generous gibs, even under Obama, and neither they nor private investors see a lot of value in trying an expensive leap to Fusion.
Who am I to argue with the industry scientists?
>>
>>94406093
>and not the billions annually given to that industry in taxpayer dollars
>Fusion Power
>Industry

I wasn't aware there was a fusion power industry.

I guess you mean the nuclear power industry. They see value in the leap to fusion, but like everyone else appreciate that it will take far more capital and risk than they have an appetite for. There's also a huge amount of basic research to be done. The kind of research being done on fusion now is not commercially viable as there's nothing particularly patentable yet, and when there is the profit cycle would be far too slow for commercial investors.

In saying that, there are commercial companies having a go at fusion: http://generalfusion.com/

There's every change they'll crack fusion before the government funded research ords do.
>>
>>94405936
Our resources for green energy that are extremely finite, from the metals to make the superconductors to the magnets for windmills, along the locations we can build it upon.
Utilizing such sources to be the main source of power would just be as expensive. As you would use to power billions. Please to try to comprehend the meaning of the number.

We suck electricity like a rebounding crack whore, and the are increasing the rate every year. We either find something to replace fossil fuels that is more plentiful and efficient or we ration the power usage to the point of total control.
>>
File: 1473181610849.gif (4MB, 362x279px) Image search: [Google]
1473181610849.gif
4MB, 362x279px
>>94404648
Youll be surprise alot of the investments that are going to green energies, mostly comes for money laundering.
>>
>>94406240
Real question is why we aren't funding more salt-water reactors.
>>
>>94406304
Same with the modern art field.
>>
>>94406293
>Utilizing such sources to be the main source of power would just be as expensive.
Maybe, but at least the result is pretty safe. Spending all that money on fusion, and having nothing and not having invested enough in renewables would leave us all in a very unstable situation.

Everyone wants fusion. But realists appreciate the risk in spending so much money on a fusion gamble.
>>
File: 367full-dermott-fictel.jpg (38KB, 367x374px) Image search: [Google]
367full-dermott-fictel.jpg
38KB, 367x374px
>>94399105
What's Dermott doing there?
>>
>>94406304
I am indeed surprised, and I'm sure that you have no evidence to back your bullshit claim.
>>
>>94406327
>result is pretty safe
So is modern nuclear reactors its actually viable now and we can run it with waste resources. We would be in an unstable situation pretty soon without an actual replacement that can rival the output of fossil fuels.

Realist actually realize that renewable energy is actually limited and inefficient to what the modern world demands and that we must now rush to find a more utilizable source.
>>
>>94406421
>Realist actually realize that renewable energy is actually limited and inefficient to what the modern world demands
That's actually not at all true.
>>
>>94405678
and Wakanda has a problem fucking over western multinationals because?

if anything that would make this an even better event. no ham fisted "moral dilemmas" just good old fashioned ambiguous motivations when anti-Wakandan heroes learn that theres far more than Human rights involved.
>>
>>94406453
really how? You mean that the part of the population that lives in cities don't actually consume a monstrous amounts of electricity and is always at a demands for an unrelenting source? That our way of 21st century life don't depends on such places? Or that our cities won't collapse without fossil fuels? Its shortage depletion wouldn't cause conflicts?

Did you just want to say not true?
>>
>>94406531
>and Wakanda has a problem fucking over western multinationals because?
Wakanda doesn't have the resources to conquer all of Africa while fighting the rest of the modern Marvel world. Doom and Namor was bad enough, imagine if the Roxxon corporation decided to defend their interest in Africa? They already started a war in the Nine realms just for oil and water rights.
>>
>>94406540
The sun produces trillions of times more energy then humanity consumes.

Collection is a minor problem.
Storage is a major problem.

Nuclear is awesome, and we def should be doing much more of that.
>>
>>94406540
Renewables can replace fossil fuel as an energy source.
>>
>>94394461
Naw dude. The radiation isn't weak. It's enough to heat up their very structure to the point of needing water to cool it. A nuclear power plant is a giant steam engine, and that radiation is still a threat, it being gamma radiation and not alpha or beta radiation.
>>
>>94407176
>It's enough to heat up their very structure to the point of needing water to cool it.
What does that mean? Arguably anything that heats up at all could be said to need water to cool it.
>>
>>94399910
You do know that refining radioactive material makes it more unstable, right? You have to enrich it to get it hot enough to be useful.
>>
>>94400468
You do know that birds have fried and landscapes changed due to solar farms right?
>>
>>94404094
>whole state vs 1 dam
>almost 20% of the entirety of California
Wew lad.
>>
Someone post that Tumblr comic of Black Panther telling Iron Man to sit down
>>
>>94404578
If you plan to go much beyond the lunar orbit, solar and nuclear are the only power sources that are even remotely viable.
>>
>>94406802
>They already started a war in the Nine realms just for oil and water rights.
To be fair they got help from dark elves, giants and trolls. In fact Dark elves started the whole war

Elves, why do we keep them around?
>>
>>94409030
because their wimmin-folk/traps make our dicks hard
>>
File: 1346505895195.gif (52KB, 363x285px) Image search: [Google]
1346505895195.gif
52KB, 363x285px
>>94392161
>We're working on cancer, give us a bit more time.
OH anon look back into history because the amount of time this should have taken has long gone, you don't make money with cures.
>>
black leaders are virtuous. see: every black leader.
>>
>>94399870
They could but campaigning against aid would be politically unviable.
>>
>>94405606
>and bare-knuckle
Not really, its more like they use the centuries worth of learning and information that's been collected and they've consumed, being as they're likely of noble birth, combined with a will to power, to conquer. They use the intellect and experience that the 'savages' usually lack. And they also usually have help amongst the locals to feed them information as well.
>>
>>94392161
>Africa is a shithole because of Africans, not Europeans.
50% x 50%
>>
>>94398569
He literally said in OP's panel he can't be bought like OTHER BLACK chiefs of state
>>
>>94403334
How are you going to power heavy engineering and industry?
>>
>>94410232
Mostly because China's taking over.
>>
>>94392161
third post best post
not even gonna read the thread
cyka blyat
>>
>>94392346
He was invited so he went, they made him an offer and he decided, then he left. He was a dick about it but if he hadn't gone we would be criticising him for not giving them a chance.
>>94392559
>>94392694
British people gave high yield crops to some Africans and everything was great until they had a drought, we call it the Zooloo war, Wakanda doesn't even try to make things better for anyone.
>>
>>94392101
Why does /co/ keep using Hudlin shit for Black Panther bait threads?
>>
>>94411901
because it's prime bait
>>
File: paul-bearer_display_image.jpg (43KB, 350x299px) Image search: [Google]
paul-bearer_display_image.jpg
43KB, 350x299px
>>94392101
I thought that was Paul Bearer in the thumbnail and was really disappointed it was another shitty comic thread
>>
>>94411901
Because Hudlin shit has never really gone away plus Coates stuff is pretty lackluster even if a direct theme of his run is "Wakanda is actually a pretty shit place all things considered."
>>
>>94395569
>Fuck, the Switch dies in 3.5-4 hours. Where are my superbatteries?
A big part of it is that we need to distribute the batteries better. The 3DS also only lasts like 6 hours tops. But Nintendo took that battery and put it in the Wii U Pro controller, where the shit lasts for upwards of 80 hours. Then you've got wireless peripherals that can last for months off of AAs or the ridiculous length of time watch or cartridge save batteries last for their respective uses.

We need to go back to using batteries that far outstrip what they're needed for so they last that much longer.
>>
>>94394788
Obama shut down the Yucca Mountain project, sorry.

Yes I'm pissed
>>
>>94392161
>us
What is it your basement dwelling ass is doing here?
>>
>>94392346
He got invited precisely because Wakanda waas the only important part of the conversation, so he holds a position where he can shittalk everyone if he wants. Because everyone in the table just wants a piece of the country
>>
>>94394297
>Because technological improvements have made it efficient and cheap
Wind power is anything but efficient and cheap. If they were, we wouldn't still be using fossil fuels. It's a worthwhile avenue to explore for alternative energy sources but we're not even close to making it a viable primary energy source.
>>
>>94392101
Yes, he's right.
>>
>>94402611
Never been to /tv/ before, and still don't have any plans to.

I was making a joke about how much anti-trump stuff was done with marvel characters.
>>
>>94415122
its assumed your /tv/ filth because you don't understand shit about wakanda and automatically lump it together with trump you retard
>>
>>94414452

Then he should just refuse to go.
>>
>>94392161
This page is pretty much a big fuck you to the fags screaming about how Wakanda doesn't share its cure to cancer.

Add in the fact Norman of all people made a cure for it and weaponized it.
>>
File: Bowl-of-Stupid.jpg (40KB, 289x425px) Image search: [Google]
Bowl-of-Stupid.jpg
40KB, 289x425px
>>94409577
>smallpox
-eradicated
>polio
-vaccine commonly available
Yep. Sure. No money whatsoever in cures.

Cancer is just that complicated.
The rich still die from it, and the rich still watch their children die from it.
>>
>>94419883
Neither of those were created by pharmaceutical companies.
>>
>>94409577
There's now a vaccine to prevent cervical cancer.

There will be a vaccine for skin cancer available within 10 years.

Straya, cunt.
>>
>>94419904
So?
Cancer is studied at hundreds of universities and hospitals.
There isn't some Big Pharma bogeyman that steps in and stops a treatment from being developed when they find one.

>>94420050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuedZ1Y_dU4
>>
>>94406869
And its spread unconcentrated throughout the globe and even as we harness it all we get is a pittance in the limited space we can effieciently harness it in. Do try to think the next time you make a point, you'd just sound stupid.
>>
>>94407063
No they can't. Not it rate we grown/growing in terms of population and usage. Unless somehow the whole of humanity the whole 8+ billion of us miraculously start living in idyllic rural life.
>>
>>94404586
Not enough. We need something that could generate a massive amount of energy per volume of fuel.
>>
>>94404617
The source is inexpensive, the cost of creating and maintaining them cost a lot.
>>
>>94404476
I read that in Ted's voice
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.