[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gwenpool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: gwenpool.png (145KB, 765x475px) Image search: [Google]
gwenpool.png
145KB, 765x475px
I distanced myself from it from the beginning because I thought they were pandering to Gwen Stacy/Deadpool thing just like Spider Gwen. I found out that she wasn't really related to either and /co/ seems to love her so I gave it a shot. Now don't get me wrong. I like the series. Just a couple things dont add up for me. If she hates deadpool comics, why is her merc/hero name and costume so similar to his?
>Gwen Poole lmao
If she doesnt care about her secret identity, and knows/assumes shes in a comic, wouldn't she want to be original rather than cater to the gwen/deadpool fans? Keep the comic name as Gwenpool, as that's her name, but make her hero name something like
Excelseer- Stan Lee reference/Comic Awareness Powers
Spoiler - Knows all published secrets. I personally like this name a lot more than Gwenpool
>>
>>94389297
she probably figured riding off the coat tail of someone with a stupid amount of plot armor would help her.
>>
>>94389297
>If she hates deadpool comics, why is her merc/hero name and costume so similar to his?

I think Ronnie just did her thing and Gwen wasn't being picky.
Hell, she's got no pants but wants to quit shaving. so she's not really a huge fan of her own costume
>>
>>94389297
I think her name is just coincidence and her costume was just Ronnie assuming that Gwenpool was an alias rather than an actual name.

Though I wish they had made a point in the beginning to establish that she was deliberately ripping off two of the most popular characters just to get easy popular.

It's also be fun if by the end of this she finds out she was never real and her creation started as a fan-pandering variant cover that got its own ongoing thanks to cosplay whores.
>>
>>94389297
Her costume looks like deadpools because the tailor read her form and was just all "Gwen Pool?" And designed her shit as such.

I mean, I get that /co/ reading anything is just as unamerican as rhubarb pie, but this shit is literally explained if you pick up a god dang comic book.
>>
File: 1501258425014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1501258425014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
She is gone, anyway.
>>
>>94390378
Also, the reason she doesn't have any pants is because Ronnie hates pants.

Ronnie is bets girl.
I'm sorry Mad Eye.
>>
File: 1501268950141.jpg (8KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
1501268950141.jpg
8KB, 251x249px
>>94390413
I want /pol/lacks to die. You're like the sperglord who glares at people from the corner of a public train while mumbling to yourself before having a random outburst.
>>
>>94390455
No pants!
Big boots!

Say what you will but Ronnie knows her shit.
>>
>>94390569
Ronnie summoned Fin Fang Foom to force hot pants on the city for Pantsgiving. And she made custom hot pants for The Punisher.

Ronnie knows her shit.
>>
File: 1491402322625.jpg (109KB, 519x495px) Image search: [Google]
1491402322625.jpg
109KB, 519x495px
>>94390520
>>
File: Capture.png (432KB, 543x409px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
432KB, 543x409px
>>94390378
I mean there's this thing which talks about your main point.
>>94390378
>Name is just coincidence
If she's REALLY from our world, she knows that cosplayers have a hard on for Spider Gwen and Deadpool.
>>94390402
I'm caught up bro. Even if the costume is explained, the name is still pander city. She also chose to become a merc with "Pool" in her name.
>>
>>94390643
I snortlaughed like a fuckhead. Thanks.
>>
>>94390676
If you're caught up then you really shouldn't be asking stupid questions that are clearly explained in the comic, "bro".
>>
File: 1473796925516.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1473796925516.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>94390378
>she finds out she was never real

I think she knows
>>
>>94390676
She left our world when Secret Wars was just coming out so she doesn't know about Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>94389297
>If she doesnt care about her secret identity, and knows/assumes shes in a comic, wouldn't she want to be original
Originals get ignored and dropped to the B Level almost immediately. Once there, they're fair game for the next "Event Death" to show us all how fucking SERIOUS the big new bad guy is.
Gwen knows how this shit works, Gwen remembers Civil War, she ain't getting BIll Foster'd.

Anyway, Gwen Poole didn't give herself the name Gwenpool, her weird foreign Costume maker did after mishearing her birth name.
>>
>>94391038
Like i said. Keep the cover title as gwenpool but different merc name. Nobody calls saitama one punch man in universe and nobody calls him caped baldy in real life. Either that or have her like deadpool comics. It's too late to change anyway. At least it's a good story.
>>
anybody know where I can catch the latest issue?
>>
>>94391813
There is like huge ass thread with uploads of everything right on /co/. All those threads are achieved, so you can just go to desuarchive.org, type the name of the comic in the search and there you go.
>>
>>94389297
>If she hates deadpool comics, why is her merc/hero name and costume so similar to his?
Because her name is literally Gwen Poole. When she told Ronnie her name, Ronnie misunderstood it as "Gwenpool" and thought Gwen was going for a Deadpool-rip-off and designed her costume accordingly.

Gwenpool always introduces herself as Gwen Poole. People just keep hearing "Gwenpool."
>>
>>94390923
Spider-gwen was introduced in Spider-verse, so she likely would have heard of her already.
>>
I dont think shes retarded enough of a concept yet, we need to go deeper with the character "pool". The symbiote was a good start, add that, throw in an adamantium skull, and maybe give her a Gwen Glider only not a gargoyle like Green Goblin's. She needs to be the dumbest/cutest amalgamation ever
>>
>>94392422
draw fags?
>>
>>94390520
> implying all pollacks are like this

have you ever considered that only the most retarded ones would bring up /pol/ shit outside of /pol/?
>>
>>94389297

Gwenpool has got to be the comic with the most unfortunate name that's in print. It really sounds like a ripoff of both Spider-Gwen and Deadpool, and I bet a shitload of people who would have otherwise been interested in it just completely wrote it off as soon as they heard the name. I certainly did.

Even now, when I KNOW it has nothing to do with either of those, I don't want to read it because I hate both Deadpool and Spider-Gwen.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.