[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Kind of Creators Really Sell At Image? Let’s Do the Math.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Image-Sales.png (38KB, 1046x746px) Image search: [Google]
Image-Sales.png
38KB, 1046x746px
Interesting shit
http://www.comicsbeat.com/what-kind-of-creators-really-sell-at-image-lets-do-the-math/
>>
>>94386654
Very good read, too bad most of /co/ will probably ignore it
>>
>>94386894
archive it if you want people to read. comic "journalists" don't deserve money from ads
>>
>>94386946
>Not using adblock
What year is this?
>>
>>94386654
I didn't think spawn and invincible sold so poorly
>>
disheartening to see remender nowhere on the list

hopefully I'm not alley-ooping disgusting remender haters by posting this
>>
i need a quick rundown
>>
>>94387535
Remender is a hack

He masks his mediocrity with good art
>>
Good for Scottie Young, I'm glad he can make a career out of I Hate Fairyland and not just by being the Baby Variant Cover artist.
>>
>>94387535
Kinda hard to be on that list when you put out two issues a year.
>>
>>94387564
>He masks his mediocrity with good art

Plenty of mediocre or worse writers on that list without good art
>>
>>94387552
Image sells like Marvel with one title selling well (walking dead) and couple titles selling decently and a tonne of books selling below 20k
>>
>>94387708
Most image books sell below 20k
>>
>>94387808
Thats what I said
>>
>>94387903
well that's not like marvel
>>
>>94388527
When was the last time you saw a marvel sales chart because they've got at least a dozen titles at 20k or lower
>>
>>94387287
Invincible sells fuck load in Bookstore senpaitachi.
>>
>>94388905
a lot of image stuff does, they don't make their money from diamond, they get it from amazon, B&N etc.
>>
>>94388942
>a lot of image stuff does
Not really true, only the books that are/were hit in floppies do well in trades and the trade sales are really inconsistent or drop consistently at a very good place as the volume progress. And as the analysis showed, only big writers can sell at Image (her a shocker, right?) and I still find it hilarious that MacFarlane and Kirkman want big 2 gone completely.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Bookscan-16-Top-750_sheet.htm

Now look at the spreadsheet there, just type Image in your find in bar. Out of top 10 books, 9 are from two creators (BKV and Kirkman) and out of top 20, only 3 books are there that are from different creators. Now imagine if Walking Dead never had any adaptation, Image's whole claim that they are bookstore giant would fall flat. It still does considering the books don't really sell if you're not Kirkman/BKV.
Also the list really tells the story that the article in OP is telling, if you're not a big name Marvel/DC creator, you don't stand a chance.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.