[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Shocker casting in Homecoming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: bokeem_spiderman.jpg (272KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bokeem_spiderman.jpg
272KB, 1920x1080px
He was originally white, but everybody seems to be SOOO busy throwing shit at Zendaya and the new Flash Thompson lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcrSe9MXoPg
>>
>>94386433
They literally killed white Shocker off for him
>>
>>94386480

you mean the douche with the beard was Herman Schultz??? da fuh
>>
>>94386433
Neither Shockers did anything interesting.
>>
File: Herman_Schultz_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (12KB, 180x185px) Image search: [Google]
Herman_Schultz_(Earth-616)_001.jpg
12KB, 180x185px
Bokeem Woodbine is a great actor who didn't get a chance to fully perform. He'd be a perfect Shocker but instead, he ends up just kinda being there outside of a couple of cool shots when he's practicing with the glove. Hopefully he's back in Spidey 2, not as a main villain but still present

But of course we're gonna have to talk about his race instead of his performance.

>>94386540
>>94386480
Bokeem(black Shocker) is Schultz, it says so in the credits
>>
>>94386433
They already made him """""sun tanned"""" aka black in the comics
>>
>>94386433
Shocker's real identity honestly doesn't matter. Even in the comics his real face has changed a million times, with the only consistency being in his first appearances and Superior Foes.

The real big change from the comics is him being a goon for Vulture, and not even getting the vibro-smashers. Instead he gets a power glove that let's him punch buses around, and he doesn't even wear the costume.
>>
>>94386569

I knew it. I just hope he doesn't become a recurring joke, just like in most of the comics he appears in.
>>
>>94386616
Herman is absolutely not a black dude in the comics.
>>
>>94386540
Bokeem is Schultz. The dude who was killed off is supposed to be Montana, who was only The Shocker in Spectacular Spider-Man.
>>
>>94386684
See
>>94386569

Superior Foes came out in 2013, before Marvels big diversity push and before Bokeem was cast.
>>
>>94386433
White replacement in history, and also in entertainment.

Stop giving these people money
>>
File: shocker mobile.jpg (452KB, 1830x1350px) Image search: [Google]
shocker mobile.jpg
452KB, 1830x1350px
As long as he's the Unmockable Shocker. I want him to beat the shit out of Spider-Man, again.
>>
"Hey, we need to cast someone for the role of a guy with electric superpowers!"
"Let's make him black!"
Seriously Marvel? It's (Current Year)+1 smfh
>>
>>94386875
>electric superpowers

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
>>
>>94386433
Because he was in-character unlike civil rights activist MJ and Smug poo in loo Flash
>>
>>94386640
His jacket had the yellow chainlink pattern I thought it was a nice nod to the original costume and assuming he shows up again we might get the full costume.
>>
>>94386905
MCU MJ is just a donut steel so they have an excuse to put a big name onto who is going to be the inevitable love interest for Spider-Boy 2, and this Flash was basically the same in the comics. A popular asshole who makes fun of Peter and tempts him to misuse his powers. But of course, since he isn't a burly white guy who tries to fight Peter and then gets his ass beat because "lol spider powers" he's automatically bad to /co/ who want to see the same goddamn thing in every film adaptation.
>>
>>94386640
The bearded guy who died had the black cross-stitch yellow sleeves.
>>
>>94386433
White shocker was better, him randomly getting killed off just seemed pointless and dumb.
>>
>>94386723
>Marvel remembers Spectacular Spider-Man

Those fucking cock teases
>>
who cares. The Domino shit is more egregious than this.
>>
>>94387371
She's a man face but has a nice body
>>
>>94386905
And he wasn't really paraded around as a "look this character is now black" marketing ploy, most normies don't even know if the shocker is supposed to be black, and fans wouldn't be aware he was in the film until they saw it.
>>
Thanks, OP. You made me realize the pathetic futility of arguing about the race of a fictional character on an image board for manchildren.
>>
>>94387338
Liz Allen was Black in Spectacular, right? Seems like they took notes from Ultimate and the cartoon. I don't mind this, actually.

Maybe we'll get Tombstone outta this too.
>>
>>94386781
Herman in Superior Foes is by no meams black. Between his hair cut, facial features, and skin tone, they all read schlubby older white guy. He's tan but he ain't THAT tan.
>>
>>94387607
>Liz Allen was Black in Spectacular, right?

She was hispanic, Puerto Rican IIRC.
>>
File: Michael_Mando,_March_2015.jpg (14KB, 220x295px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Mando,_March_2015.jpg
14KB, 220x295px
>>94386433
Looking at the MJ thread up right now, they still do.
>>
>>94386640
Wait are you telling me this guy is now a black dude who has gauntlet that makes his punches deadly strong? Nigga I'd basically Doomfist from Overwatch.
>>
>>94388380

This fuccboi was the best they could do for Scorpion?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.