[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sandman discussion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: sandman.jpg (36KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
36KB, 640x400px
Is it indeed the most outstanding comic ever created?
>>
File: sandman-00.jpg (2MB, 2982x4585px) Image search: [Google]
sandman-00.jpg
2MB, 2982x4585px
>>94380055
If it's not it's damn close. What are your thoughts on overture?
>>
>>94380055
yes, yes it is
>>
>>94380180
>What are your thoughts on overture?
Was bored the fuck out for the most part.
>>
>>94380180
I liked Desire fooling Morpheus once again and the oniric landscapes of most of the artwork were fucking gorgeous.

After this and the main Series what should I read? I got my eyes on Endless Nights; I also read Death: the High ost of Living years ago.
>>
...Arguably.
>>
File: SNDM_Cv6_JamesJean_var_r121.png (1MB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
SNDM_Cv6_JamesJean_var_r121.png
1MB, 970x545px
>>94380275
Fucking Desire. Also the art in this is legitimately one of the best ever seen in a comic book
>>
>>94380180
It was good, but I didn't like the fact of mom and dad being a part of the picture
>>
>>94380307
I find it extra interesting because the original run was often hit and miss with the artwork, but Overture is fucking gorgeous to look at almos 100% of the time.

Those 4-page spreads, damn!
>>
>>94380055
Overrated garbage. I read several one the graphic novels. Only 2 were acceptable. The rest were boring.
>>
>>94380329
I wish Time and Night had a larger role, guess Gaiman could've used their pages to explore more of the siblings, but probably they're not much more to write about them after 20 years.
>>
>>94380350
Overture also took fucking forever to actually come out. I feel like only three issues came out in one year.
>>
>>94380371
>>
>>94380371
>Only 2 were acceptable
Can you be more specific?
>>
>>94380055
I personally never got to finish the comic, but then again I'm not one that finishes what I start often, regardless of quality. I didn't really get most of the stuff until watching some youtube vids, but even then I could tell it was cut from a different cloth from your usual comics. I liked it.
>>
>>94380275
Lucifer.
>>
Really, any one comic can not be called the greatest ever. Like picking the best food ever.
>>
>>94380731
I don't think I quite understand your comment.
>>
>>94380055

>every gaiman series
>DUDE ENERGY WITHOUT FORM AND CONSCIOUSNESS LMAO
>>
>>94380055
It's a strong candidate, yup. And it's certainly one of the the most *important* American comics, art-and-history-wise, ever. I'm glad it happened in my lifetime and that I was able to see it unfold fresh off the stands month after month.
>>
>>94380909
tastes are subjective so for one person to call something "the best" doesn't mean that it will stand true in the opinion of others.
>>
>>94380055
It was a mixed bag for me, some of the stories were boring as fuck and I had to force myself to finish them while others (mostly about Dream and his family) were pretty good, notwhere near my top 5 though
>>
>>94381178
What is your top 5?
>>
>>94380055
No. As an illustrated novel it's okay but what does it really do that demonstrates strengths of the comic medium? It is a gateway to get people who look down on comics to give them a chance by catering to literary tastes.
>>
>>94380055
It's 70% Neil jerking himself off about being a verbose and great writer, 10% actual storytelling that follows conventions, 20% muh philosophy that drags on a bit to long, and then 100% overrated. It's nothing amazing the art is okay and creative at times, but never wow'd me. Felt like having my friend who's an art teacher talk to me about their last acid trip and how Scientology isn't a scam
>>
Who's the best character in Sandman, and why is it Hob?
>>
>>94384504
Matthew the Raven, but Hob is top tier bro material.

I really enjoyed his first story, whit him making Morpheus admit that he needed friends, even if it took a century!
>>
>>94384504
>>94385149
Hob>Matthew>Destruction>Lucifer>Thessaly

Honorable mentions to Fiddler's Green and Merv.
>>
Matthew = Best Character
>>
>>94381768
At least bump with image.
>>
File: 67387921-sandman-wallpapers.jpg (745KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
67387921-sandman-wallpapers.jpg
745KB, 1920x1080px
>>
up
>>
File: daniel.jpg (46KB, 376x576px) Image search: [Google]
daniel.jpg
46KB, 376x576px
>>94386111
This guy's one of my fave's even though we didn't get a lot of him.
>>
>>94380055

I prefer Lucifer
>>
>>94391974
He was grest in that JLA comic were he recruits the league to defeat Starro in a nightmare.

I know Gaiman didn't write that but still, I enjoyed it a lot
>>
>>94394074
His presence was also mentioned in a JSA arc involving his parents, but I barely remember the details. I do remember a mirror, and Lyta feeling like she was being watched.
>>
>>94394141
Does Lyta still exist in the DC Universe after the new 52 reboot?
>>
>>94394893
Honestly, probably not. The legacy stuff just did not exist on that earth. Morrison stuck The Dreaming outside of the cluster of worlds on his Multiverse map, so it is assumed that the Endless were unaffected by Flashpoint. Daniel simply would not have his mom in this world.

At the same time, Morpheus was mentioned as being the ruler of the Dreaming in that Lucifer continuation, but that series got a lot wrong about the previous series, Sandman, and Hellblazer so who knows.
>>
>>94394988
I guess we'll have to wait and see how the Watchmen event affects the universe again.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.