[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo I just read this and I had no idea what is going on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: marvel generations hulk.jpg (579KB, 700x1076px) Image search: [Google]
marvel generations hulk.jpg
579KB, 700x1076px
yo I just read this and I had no idea what is going on
>>
>>94373376
He bought back banner back to life. By cloning him.
>>
>>94373396
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>94373396
why? I thought Banner Hulk was too dangerous or something. Hawkeye shot him during CivilWar II? or was that an edit of some kind
>>
Okay, good, so I'm not retarded. What the fuck was going on? Why was Bruce there? Why was he being hunted? Did Cho time travel? He didn't seem like he time traveled....
>>
>>94373441
He time traveled.
>>
>>94373420
>>94373422
I was talking out of my ass.
>>
I haven't read Hulk in years and I had no trouble reading it. In fact, I found it refreshing.

Why cho time jumped to and from the past isn't important to the story.
>>
File: 1432871234371.gif (2MB, 284x233px) Image search: [Google]
1432871234371.gif
2MB, 284x233px
Why was Bruce's first instinct once they got to civilization to eat out of a dumpster? Doesnt he have Avengers money or something? It made him seem like he is homeless what the heck is happening? I dont read modern Marvel (or DC for that matter) so im not up to date on things.
Why was Cho Hulk's first instinct to hack into an ATM? Is he a criminal?
>>
>>94373376
isn't some time travel shit?
>>
>>94373492
Oh. This was a bait thread. My mistake.
>>
>>94373441
Read some silver age hulk. Hulk vs US army has been a staple since the very beginning.

Fuck, this is even covered in both hulk films.

>Okay, good, so I'm not retarded
You very much are, anon.
>>
>>94373492
Cho went to the past, back when Banner was essentially homeless.
>>
File: 1326251878193.jpg (72KB, 358x239px) Image search: [Google]
1326251878193.jpg
72KB, 358x239px
>>94373441
Banner has always been hunted by General Ross.

Anyone else find it strange that they are calling Banner "Banner Hulk" but Cho is "Totally Awesome Hulk" ?
They dont refer to Cho as "Totally Awesome" Every time they speak to him.
Seems like they should have titled the book "Generations: Incredible Hulk / Totally Awesome Hulk"
I know I'm nitpicking but eh
>>
>>94373522
I was asking why he was in the context of the story dumb dumb. More specifically why Cho was interacting with Banner from that point in his life.

>>94373449
>>94373510
>>94373525
Okay, but why and how?
>>
>>94373578
It only takes a day or two of lurking this board even the TINIEST bit to know what Marvel Legacy is.

I'm not going to spoonfeed you. Google what Marvel Legacy is. Do your due diligence.
>>
>>94373578
Ross doesn't need any particular reason to hunt Hulk. And there is no how or why. It just happened.
>>
>>94373620
I shouldn't have to google a major plot point in a comic I'm reading, that's the writer's job.

>>94373640
>And there is no how or why. It just happened.
That's what I'm wondering about. It makes no sense. Is there another book I should have read before this one?
>>
>>94373699
its just Ross's thing that he does. That's his character. Thats like asking why JJJ is printing "SPIDER-MENACE STRIKES AGAIN" in the Newspaper. Its no use wondering why he is going about it this specific instance. He just does it
>>
File: 32432432.jpg (221KB, 700x892px) Image search: [Google]
32432432.jpg
221KB, 700x892px
>This isn't a time-travel story
>It's a time-travel story
>>
Generations - Banner Hulk & The Totally Awesome Hulk 001 (2017) (GreenGiant-DCP)
http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/2Xzvx7sg/file.html
>>
>>94373422
>shot him during CivilWar II

he did and he died. didn't even know he was back but it's not surprising that Marvel wouldn't leave him dead any longer than Tony stayed kaput.
>>
So as a complete outsider, can someone tell me why there is another hulk?
When/How/Why did Banner get replaced in the first place?
>>
>>94375033

Cho is a huge Hulk fan and is a super genius. When Hulk was shot into space, Cho went on adventures with Herc who took over the comic. They were great. Cho has super math which allows him to make things happen like one of those crazy inventions that goes through a long process to do a simple task. Then Herc dies and Cho gets his power mace and super strength while still being a scrawny nerd. Then Herc comes back to life and then Hulk goes critical gamma. In order to save Banner, Cho transfers Hulk's essence into him and cures Banner of the Hulk.

Except Banner somehow was possibly still able to Hulk out? Maybe? It was some stupid thing in Civil War where there was a future vision of the Hulk killing everyone so they confronted Banner and Hawkeye killed him.

tl;dr Cho is the new Hulk because reasons
>>
>>94373576

Yes. Everybody finds this strange. It is brought up literally any time someone talks about this book.
>>
File: 1501686652913.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1501686652913.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>94373376
Fan favorite Amadeus Cho explained to his dumpster diving friend how to be a better Hulk. What's hard to get?
>>
>>94373492
>Why was Cho Hulk's first instinct to hack into an ATM? Is he a criminal?
Cho has a history of doing questionably legal shit to get what he wants. This is nothing new.
>>
File: tenor.gif (418KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
418KB, 498x306px
>>94375346
I think it was stated by the asshole beast that banner has been experimenting himself with gamma.
I mean, we all know what happens by now everytime banner gets rid of the hulk. He goes full bananas. Like actually insane. There is a lot of comics about that
>>
>>94377911
The Captain America tie-in revealed that Banner had basically been set-up by Captain Hydra.
>>
>>94373578
>Okay, but why and how?
They mention a Vanishing Point at the beginning of the story, Cho says he just appeared in that time, and gets sent back to his own time when he learns the special moral of the story. There doesn't seem to be any big reason behind it, unless it's elaborated upon in Legacy or something. Regardless, that's unimportant for the internal story of this issue.

So long story short, bullshit bullshit handwaves Cho hangs out with classic on-the-run Banner in the past and learns a lesson about Hulk.
>>
>>94378465
For what purpose?
>>
>>94378575
Tear the super-hero community apart even more than they were already doing on their own.
>>
>>94378575
Captain Hydra realised that Ulysses' visions would inevitably reveal his plans of taking over the US, so he needed to create a threat so much bigger that it would take precedent over the Hydra vision. Which worked, since by the time the Hydra vision did happen (Miles killing him), everyone was at each other's throats to the point that no one noticed all the Hydra shit going on in the background of the vision and just focused on the Miles killing Cap part.
>>
>>94378603
>>94378641
I feel like he would have gotten a vision then of Hulk inevitably coming back and then finding out that Rick's dead and Las Vegas got annihilated for no real reason. I feel like that would be a bigger issue.
>>
>>94378550
I'm kinda surprised that there wasn't a Generations #1 that just set-up everyone entering the Vanishing Point and establishing what it is. I was under the impression generations was going to be:
>Generations #1 (explains what the Vanishing Point is then sends everyone through time, probably have everyone gathered for some big threat)
>a bunch of one-shots spinning out of it
>maybe a Generations Epilogue issue to wrap it all up
I mean, it's just "macguffin that sends everyone through time to meet their counterparts for an issue" which one line of throwaway dialogue explains well enough, but it still seems odd.

If the Vanishing Point gets established in Secret Empire #10 then they're spoiling how the book ends partially since Generations was always going to start before Secret Empire ended. If it happens in Legacy #1 then that's even weirder since Generations was always going to have been over by the time Legacy started.

Just seems like a lot of confusion could have been avoided just by releasing a Generations #1 to set-up the one-shots. Plus since the one-shot would have sold higher than any of the individual one-shots, it makes it even weirder since Marvel is kinda leaving money on the table.
>>
>>94378763
That would have required more effort.
>>
>>94378763
Marvel can't time their releases for shit. News at 11.

I'm fairly sure there was a point in the last few years where we had one event starting/getting lead-ins/ tie-ins before the previous one had even gotten a final issue out.
>>
>Genius teenager

When will Marvel stop with this shit?
>>
>>94379408
When spider-man stops being popular
>>
I've already read Planet Hulk.

Any other Bruce essential that I should read?
>>
>>94379538
PAD's run. And Bill Mantlo's run if you don't have a problem with older comics.
>>
>>94378763
Leaving money on the table is okay as long as it's not female, non-white money.
>>
>>94375773
>So to control him, you gotta control your anger
What a fucking genius level idea!? What the fuck? This is ground breaking shit. My mind is pretty blown right now.
>>
>>94378934
Absolutely sure that's happened before. Pretty sure they fucked up the release order for CW2, too, so that the big courtroom drama issue about Hawkeye killing Banner was released after the issue confirming the result of the trial.

It's just more of Marvel's shitty mismanagement and dumb decisions. Same as always.

>>94379408
Cho's been around for a while and was one of the better versions. WAS.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.