[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beth and Jerry's Divorce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: bethandjerry.jpg (26KB, 636x356px) Image search: [Google]
bethandjerry.jpg
26KB, 636x356px
Should they've done it?
Was it a good decision on their parts?
>>
File: disdain-1.jpg (73KB, 250x429px) Image search: [Google]
disdain-1.jpg
73KB, 250x429px
There was so many episodes about improving their relationships where if it was any other show a single one would've glued their broken ass marriage together. But in the next episode any development between their relationship is reset back to square 1.

It's like Jerry and Beth are stuck on the first episode. Jerry would've been kinda used to all the wacky adventures to some kind of degree, especially after the marriage council episode, but he always has the same reaction to Rick interacting with his family since the first episode. Them divorcing is probably one of the actual development that's actually going to stay.
>>
Jerry shouldn't even be with Beth anyways. While I do understand Jerry gets pushed around way too much and is cowardly, Beth is mentally ill. From what I've seen so far, Beth doesn't really care about her children's safety. In fact, it seems she cares about Rick more than them. She's constantly thinking about him, and wants to know what he thinks on every fucking topic. She follows Rick and does not question him. Even Rick knows this and abuses it to an extent. She's mentally unstable.
Personally I'm glad Jerry got divorced, all he has to do is become more masculine. While Beth is fucked in the head, has daddy issues, and will always be like that.
>>
>>94372190
He got used to it in a way, it's just that way is to be limp dicked and apathetic about the whole thing. Dude gave up, grew some balls for one second and put his foot down and immediately beth asked for a divorce
>>
>>94372285

>Beth doesn't really care about her children's safety. In fact, it seems she cares about Rick more than them.

She loves them, yeah - but she loves Rick more, and that's why Rick knew Beth would choose him over Jerry (so long as Rick brought the kids back with him).
>>
>>94372100
I dunno but both Beth and Jerry are so stupid they need someone equally stupid to put up with them, problem is they both think they're smart.
>>
>>94372285
This. Jerry, for all his faults, loves his family. Beth is completely fucked in the head and Rick knows this; he ABUSES this to get his own way.

Without Jerry to turn the bad parenting onto, the kids (and possibly Rick, if he has a change of heart) will see how fucked up Beth really is. During that time, Jerry will be growing stronger and more independent as a person, and become someone his children can respect.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
>>
>>94372436

This would be the best possible outcome.
>>
>>94372436
>loooooooseeeer....
>>
>>94372436
I want this to happen. Even Morty understands how caring his father is.
>>
>>94372312

This. Jerry got sick of him and his family (and to a lesser extent the earth/universe/ect) being at risk every single day because of ricks unreasonable escapades.

He finally had enough but for beth rick is everything so he had to bounce.
>>
>>94372436
It's pretty obvious from the episode we just had that the you-know-what writers are going to push the girl power and leave Jerry as a punching bag
>>
>>94372100
Jerry should have left Beth a long time ago. It's all up for him at this point.
I wonder what's going to happen if he gets custody of Morty
>>
>>94372312
What I dislike the most about this show is that it's never fucking sure on whether they want Rick to be a completely heartless selfish son of a bitch or a heartless selfish son of a bitch that can be sometimes compassionate to his family.
>>
>>94372531
what you need to understand the show is a comedy first
Rick is going to do what the writers think is funny
>>
>>94372100
Jerry is pathetic piece of shit that treats Beth like shit. Of course she should have dropped that dead weight
>>
>>94372346
Literally start of season 3 is Rick saying Beth wouldn't let him stay unless he saved Mort and summer. Episode 2 is him making robots of them so she wouldn't worry. The smartest guy in the room knows she cares about them
>>
>>94372543
But those moments about Rick's compassion is never really funny.
>>
I hope this season ends with Jerry blowing beth the fuck out somehow, And Morty tells Beth that he's not her real son and Ricks not her real dad and both are just dead in her back garden and she's a shit mother for never noticing.
>>
>>94372492
Jerry was a punching bag from episode one but if having you know who's make the show increases normies asshurt over it then that's just icing on the cake
>>
>>94372574

But she cares about Rick that much more. Jerry finally got his nuts back between his legs and gave Beth an ultimatum; she chose her father over her husband (and the father of her children) because she is psychologically fucked-up like that. I would not be surprised if, by the end of the season, even Beth starts to realize that her abandonment issues in re: Rick are actually endangering her children's lives.
>>
It'd be satisfying to see Jerry man up and blow Beth the fuck out like some people want, but I don't see t happening. Hes too apathetic, just like Morty was saying. Hopefully he'll get his shit together enough to live in relative comfort and will have a good relationship with his kids. This last episode makes it pretty obvious he wont turn things around in some big way.

Beth is a fucking psycho but I dont expect her to ever get over her issues at all. I wonder who she'll end up dating.

The other beta guy shown at the Jerry day care? The buff horse surgeon? Someone new, who has a lot in common with Rick?
>>
So, ITT MGTOW guys crucifying beth?
>>
>>94372285
If you guys want an example of Beth being a mentally ill daddy's girl, it's right there in the most recent episode. Rick built Morty and Summer bots and Beth was a little suspicious, but her suspicions are quickly shot down just because Rick said so. And to top it all off, Rick and Summer show up with completely different clothing, and Beth doesn't even question it. She justs considers it part of Rick's "quirks." If that doesn't seem delusional, I don't know what it is.
>>
>>94372733

This isn't even about MGTOW bullshit. Beth has legitimate psychological issues in regards to Rick that prevent her from seeing just how much of an asshole he is and how much danger he is putting her children in. She told her husband to fuck off because she could not bear to "lose" Rick again.
>>
>>94372100
They kind of never should have hooked up in the first place.

Come on, who the hell marries the first person they have sex with...I'm not saying Beth should have been abortes, I'm just saying they should have used a condom.
>>
>>94372633
That actually sounds like it would be good season pre-climax episode
>>
>>94372100
>Should they've done it?
no. however
>Was it a good decision on their parts?
no. and that's why it's okay that the show did it. it's clearly the wrong thing to do, and they're going to figure that out
>>
>>94372100
Divorce is never a bad idea.

Marriage is for insecure retards.
>>
>>94372738
Fair enough though Jerry fell for the world's crummiest VR simulation, something even a baby would not fall for. literally, they have done studies showing babies notice discontinuities, glitches, shit that shouldnt happen
>>94372531
He's the latter, but he pretends to be the former. how hard is that to get?
>>
>>94372633
This is great television. I hope this happens.
>>
>>94372654
>Jerry finally got his nuts back between his legs and gave Beth an ultimatum
yeah but as usual, he puts his foot down when he shouldn't, and neglects to when he should. you can't blame someone for being spoiled if you helped spoil them
>she chose her father over her husband (and the father of her children) because she is psychologically fucked-up like that.
or rather because she thinks it's a contest, who's more competent or more right. It's not hard to see how that would happen.
>>
>>94372986

>he puts his foot down when he shouldn't

He put his foot down at the right time. Can't blame him for Beth's issues; he's just trying to keep his kids from becoming cannon fodder for his insane father-in-law.

>because she thinks it's a contest, who's more competent or more right

Not really. It's because she wants Rick back in her life for good, even if it means divorcing her husband (the father of her children) to keep him. She is psychologically fucked up.
>>
>>94372654
>and the father of her children
Out of wedlock
>>
>>94372738
And Jerry who visits every other week after 3 weeks didn't notice anything himself. He's in the exact same boay
>>
>>94373065
Jerry probably got told off by the imposter-bots and believed them.
>>
>>94373045
Only Summer.
>>
File: 1495689814589.jpg (50KB, 300x509px) Image search: [Google]
1495689814589.jpg
50KB, 300x509px
>>94372100
>seriously discussing this in a comedy show
>>
>>94372654
yeah, I think that's what's happening this season. Rick's adventures will become increasingly more dangerous and Beth will notice more and more the negative influence he has on the kids, until the finale when something exceptional happens she decides to throw him out. At the end then you have this big contrast of season-start-Rick who thought he finally had everything and season-finale-Rick who realizes that he doesn't have anything anymore.
>>
>>94372100
It feels like divorce is the message a lot of people are trying to push these days.

I get the reason, a lot of youths have experienced their parents go through it, but it feels like an easy thing to do. If writers want to add drama and shit to their characters, divorce them, forget all the episodes of the past that had them overcome the odds and find happiness.

It looks like they want to follow Ricks reasoning that struggling relationships should cut their loses but what I'm hoping they will show is the downside to Ricks method. All Rock seems to do run from his problems and people become worse for it.
>>
>>94372633
>And Morty tells Beth that he's not her real son and Ricks not her real dad and both are just dead in her back garden and she's a shit mother for never noticing.
This need to happen
>>
>>94374279
> assumption in favor of making Jerry look good
It's his legal right to physically have the kids at said time. If he gave that up on the first chance he got since the divorce then that's on him for NOT loving his kids
>>
>>94373045
So, lots of great animated families married out of wedlock. If anything, it's more noble than the alternative.
>>
>>94374949
>Visits every other week

That's about average for divorced/seperated parents though.
>>
I don't see how this was supposed to be empowering for Beth considering she's only getting a divorce because of her daddy issues and Rick admits he manipulated the whole thing.
Do the female writers on the show who wrote this also have daddy issues?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.