[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any comics like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8816.jpg (92KB, 378x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8816.jpg
92KB, 378x540px
Comics that blend together a futuristic world with knights, barons and the supernatural? Kinda like Star Wars, Dune or Metabarons.
>>
Probably any of the Warhammer 40k comics, the entire setting is a hodge-podge of all of those things. Especially the stuff having to do with the Space Marines.
>>
File: East-West-3.jpg (195KB, 1896x529px) Image search: [Google]
East-West-3.jpg
195KB, 1896x529px
>>94371680

You're going to want to check out East of West. Great series by Image comics which takes place in an alternate history US with lots of politics, supernatural themes, the rise and fall of nations. Huge epic stuff with a really satisfying style of storytelling.
>>
File: Stern_the_Daemonifuge.jpg (437KB, 1005x950px) Image search: [Google]
Stern_the_Daemonifuge.jpg
437KB, 1005x950px
>>94372142
>warhammer comics
besides Bloodquest and Daemonifuge, what else is there?
>>
>>94372142
I tried to get into it, I even started Chaos Space Marine, Ultramarine & Orc armies, but the whole thing was too dense and time-consuming that I gave up.

>>94372204
Oh, I'm already reading this one.
>>
>>94372415

I was thinking of the Black Templar comics, since it's basically the Knights Templar with grimdark cranked to 11 IN SPACE. Space Marine Chapters fashion themselves after knightly orders a lot. I don't know offhand of any comics about them, but there's also any fluff about the Imperial Knights, who are essentially knightly houses with giant mechas.

There's also the Deff Skwadron comics for alien orc dogfight shenanigans.

>>94372426

Yeah, that's the problem with a giant franchise that's been around and pumping out media for decades. I just stick with the novels and comics, like the stuff written by Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell. The Dawn of War games are also supposed to be pretty good entry points.
>>
File: new_gods_002.jpg (246KB, 1024x1422px) Image search: [Google]
new_gods_002.jpg
246KB, 1024x1422px
It may be a little bit outside of what you are looking for but if you like Star Wars and Jodorowsky and Dune then I would highly recommend Jack Kirby's Fourth World Saga. It is much more superhero-ish than maybe you are looking for, but keeps many of the same themes of noble struggle and valor and clashes between good and evil.
>>
medieval weezer
>>
File: IMG_1813.jpg (226KB, 902x1341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1813.jpg
226KB, 902x1341px
Check out Atomic Knight.
>>
>>94373276
I read those and Kirby's Eternals back in the day, though I do need a re-read.

>>94373294
>medieval weezer
Link? Can't find anything.

>>94373308
Thanks anon!
>>
>>94371680
It's obliquely related, but the Dark Tower comic series might have something you might enjoy.

It's basically cowboys vs sorcerers, so essentially a Weird West setting with the occasional scavenger punk or far future element thrown in.
>>
>>94373406
Are these canon with the books or just an AU?
>>
>>94372595
Dan Abnett can be an amazing writer at times, but writing out a Britcom in the grimdark far future the way Sandy Mitchell does is a great reminder not to take the setting too seriously.
>>
>>94373433
They stick surprisingly close to the canon for a comic adaption.
>>
>>94371680
Scion comes to mind. Crossgen had a few good titles like that.
>>
>>94371680
mechwarrior?
>>
>>94372595
>I was thinking of the Black Templar comics
Damnation Crusade?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.