[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What superheroes could survive Freddy targeting them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 16

File: Freddy_Krueger.jpg (18KB, 294x391px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy_Krueger.jpg
18KB, 294x391px
What superheroes could survive Freddy targeting them?
>>
All of them
>>
>>94370494
Batman... somehow.
>>
>>94370494
If average teenagers can survive what makes you think superheroes cant
>>
Doctor Strange
>>
Any Green Lantern?
Overcoming fear is their whole thing
>>
>>94370494

Most of them. He routinely gets his ass beat by teenagers. I love Freddy, but anyone with a strong will (most capes, probably) can give him hell.
>>
File: Sleepwalker.jpg (102KB, 400x510px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepwalker.jpg
102KB, 400x510px
>>94370494
Sleepwalker easily
>>
Realistically? Anyone who isn't as emotionally vulnerable as a teenager could easily survive his nightmares if they really tried. If a hero's got their shit together and isn't suffering from debilitating PTSD or whatever, Freddy wouldn't have much leverage to use against them.

The real trick would be actually putting a stop to him, especially if he's gained enough XP from slain children to give the hero a run for their money, regardless of whether or not they personally are afraid of him.
>>
File: the hulk.jpg (144KB, 652x577px) Image search: [Google]
the hulk.jpg
144KB, 652x577px
He can punch ghosts.
Actually, Freddy invading the mind-scape of Bruce Banner would be VERY interesting considering all the hulks running around.
>>
>>94370678
>>94370724
He's killed like 4/5ths of all the teens who ever faced him. Just because they win in the end doesn't mean a lack of casualties.
>>
>>94370676
Bruce baits Freddy in the dream of yet another back-up personality that he decides to keep sleeping forever, trapping Freddy in his own nightmare; that night in Crime Alley
>>
>>94370494
Doctor Strange. Nightmare is basically a less violent Freddy anyway.
>>
>>94370494
Most magic users. Raven would have him crap his pants.
>>
File: kill them johnny kill them all.png (292KB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
kill them johnny kill them all.png
292KB, 1500x800px
Partial list
>anyone educated enough to know what lucid dreaming is, calm enough under pressure to realize shit isn't real, and creative enough to bitchslap Freddy's punk ass (most heroes)
Kreuger is fundamentally a dream based villain and canonically subject to resistance through lucid dreaming
>anyone with no obvious physical weaknesses
Freddy Kreuger can't read minds, if someone believes they still have their powers in their dream, Freddy would have to figure out their weakness to hurt them in their dreams, real body or not
>anyone with mind, sleep, or dream based powers or anyone that has beat a villain with a similar playbook
Once Freddy's playbook is exposed, resisting becomes plausible for scared teenagers. Experienced heroes should have no trouble if they know his shtick at the outset.
>anyone with holy/ghost powers or anyone with dark supernatural powers that give them dominion over ghosts or lesser demons or at the very least a high resistance to their bullshit, and probably anyone already possessed
He's basically a demonic ghost
>anyone with shit tier memory
Freddy can only attack people aware of his existence. If you forget who he is before he kills you, he's fucked. Admittedly this would be a fairly weird way to beat him.
>anyone with a mind that would shred Freddy's bitch ass if he poked his nose in it
Freddy doesn't have superhuman mental capacity to my knowledge. You could probably overload his ass pretty easily

Slasher movie villains tend to not make effective threats against anyone with a modicum of survival instincts and intelligence. Even the supernatural ones.
>>
File: smoke.gif (101KB, 386x565px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.gif
101KB, 386x565px
>>94370494
I wonder how OG Constantine would deal with him?
>>
>>94370940
Sure, but there's a world of difference between teens and most supers.

The teens usually portrayed are focused on other things. They're caught off-guard, have no understanding of the situation they're in, allow themselves to be ruled by emotions and make stupid decisions because they act without thinking first.

On the other hand most supers experience deadly confrontations frequently enough that they tend to be calm under pressure, quick-thinking, and tend to be situationally aware enough that it'd be difficult to catch them off guard.

I could definitely see some supers making the mistake of believing that 'If it's just a dream it can't hurt me' and accidentally allowing themselves to become his victims, but even then since IIRC what makes his dreams actually deadly also allows the dreamers to feel pain (Since normally they wouldn't in a dream) I suspect they'd realize before any fatal damage was done.
>>
>>94370874
>Freddy enters Banner's dreamscape and proceeds to get mercilessly pummeled by a rainbow of Hulks
This put my sides into stable lagrange-point orbits
>>
File: 596850-devil2.jpg (22KB, 226x266px) Image search: [Google]
596850-devil2.jpg
22KB, 226x266px
>>94370874
>>94371454
I could see him maybe making some kind of arrangement with the Guilt or Devil Hulks, or some other evil one, though.
>>
>>94370494
literally every one of them. oooh he's got knife fingers watch out!
>>
>John Constantine
>>
File: Sandov03.jpg (371KB, 618x950px) Image search: [Google]
Sandov03.jpg
371KB, 618x950px
>>
He'd make a good Spider-man villain. Peter's guilt-ridden mind would make him the perfect victim for Freddy.
>>
>>94371746
And puns, terribly good puns.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (13KB, 474x393px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
13KB, 474x393px
>>94371437
>Since normally they wouldn't in a dream
What? Bitch I was castrated and lost a leg in a nightmare a few days ago (thankfully I was knocked out before the torture started and "woke up" while they were sawing through my other leg having already finished removing the other bits so I didn't get to experience the castration live) and can confirm shit hurt like all the fire. Who the fuck told you you can't feel pain in a dream?
>>
File: AK96D.png (468KB, 439x363px) Image search: [Google]
AK96D.png
468KB, 439x363px
>>
>>94372002
Wouldn't Peter's spider sense immediately wake him up every time Freddy tries to kill him? I mean his spider sense does cause discomfort and even pain.
>>
>>94372090
Do his spider senses work in his dreams, would he even feel them the same way?
>>
The PPGs did this like twice.
>>
File: file.jpg (84KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
84KB, 800x462px
Finally! Company!
>>
>>94372104
>Do his spider senses work in his dreams
Well his spider sense works in his sleep and his body would still be in danger from Freddy's attacks so he should still get a spider sense reaction from his physical body whether or not he gets a manifestation of his spider sense in his dream unless there's some loophole where he believed that because he was in a dream he isn't in any real danger and therefore his spider sense wouldn't trigger since it only responds to perceived threats.

That fucking said, as many times as he's fought Mysterio not to mention every supernatural villain he's ever been up against, would he honestly believe that
A. he's in a dream
and
B. that he's in no real danger?

And beyond that, could Freddy honestly think fast enough to kill a near super intelligent precog with one of the world's fastest reaction times before either his physical body registered danger or Peter just straight kicked his ass? I mean basically his only play would be to come across as completely harmless and oneshot Peter. If Peter realizes that even if shit's a dream, pain is still pain, he's going to avoid him until he wakes up and if his spider sense hasn't registered a physical threat by then it definitely will at that point, which basically gives Peter a permanent anti-Freddy alarm clock.
>>
>>94371345
>>94371948
This would be cool.
>>
>>94370687
Talk about easy mode. He was dealing with supernatural dream bs from his first comic ever.
>>
>>94372319

Freddy would survive a few minutes, tops, against either of them though.

John would banish him with a spell pulled out of his ass, and Dream would just trap him and ring up his sister Death.
>>
Batman,Dr.Strange,Prof X, Magik,Deadman,and Etrigan come to mind
>>
>>94372378
I think John would trick Freddy into either trapping himself or fighting some sort of more powerful entity. Hell you could have a Constantine, Kruger and Dream cross over with that simple prompt.
>>
>>94370494
Sandman counts?
>>
>>94370494
Professor X.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
How about against SUPER FREDDY?!
>>
>>94375885
FASTER THAN A BASTARD MANIAC
>>
>>94370874
Would it be like Yu-Gi-Oh where while he's Bruce Banner the Hulk is just hanging out in his mind?
>>
>>94371948
Never mind him, Corintian would eye bite his fingers off.
>>
>>94372039
I've been stung by wasps with stingers 9 inches in length, I've had my skin burned by an atomic bomb and I've choked in outer space. The pain is there.
>>
>>94370676

That one episode of Justice League with Doctor Destiny. He was basically a PG version of Krueger. Batman hummed to break his hold on him and beat the shit out of him while being sleep deprived.
>>
File: freddy.jpg (187KB, 1004x658px) Image search: [Google]
freddy.jpg
187KB, 1004x658px
>>94370494
I'd love a Batman vs Freddy story. Not because I wanna see Batman beat Freddy, but rather Freddy making Batman lose his fucking mind. It would have lots of material to work with.

Grant Morrison would probably do that pretty well, potentially doing it in the tone of Batman RIP.
>>
Which will happen first: Freddy killing Bugs Bunny or Freddy going insane from Bugs Bunny?
>>
>>94372378
OG Constantine very rarely doing something himself. Usually he will lie this situation out and Freddy will do something retarded.
>>
>>94372002
I think Peter has so many connections with mystical folks that if Freddy tried to invade he'd be met with some dangerously powerful things.
>>
>>94376259
>grant "batgod" morrison

You're better off with Snyder. He likes breaking Batman down.
>>
>>94375885
Ah, Freddy killing Mcuck episode.
>>
Someone with no fear

Didn't Jason put up a fight just by being strong? iirc he was fine until the Freddy found out about his water fear.
>>
>>94376336
>not mentioning which Snyder
>it's Scott "bat-wank" Snyder
>Bat-ty Kruger it's
Uh huh
>>
>>94376362
>not mentioning which Snyder

/tv/ pls go
>>
>>94376348
Which was dumb to begin with, but stopped working as soon as Freddy started using his mother as a weapon, then Jason's rage overcame his fear.
>>
>>94376422
>/co pretends to read comics
>relplacing Bat-god with Bat-wank as an improvement
Really makes me think.
>>
>>94370676
Batman wins through backup personalities and thogal shenanigans.

>>94375911
Yes. It's even worse for Freddy though because ALL the Hulks hang out in Bruce's mind. So he'd be gangbanged by Joe Fixit, Devil Hulk. Kluh, Professor Hulk, etc.

>>94370951
Nightmare is Freddy on a cosmic scale. Doc would destroy Freddy with a gesture.

>>94371119
>Lucid Dreaming

This would slap his shit. The Dream Warriors never really lucid dreamed beyond "wow I can shoot lighting" and "now I have switchblades". And switchblades girl gave him a good fight before going down.

Anyone more creative than the Dream Warrior kids are going to slap his shit.

>>94371948
>Fucking Dream

Dream is to Freddy as an ecosystem is to a microbe.

>>94372090
>>94372104
His spider sense was acute enough to alert him to cosmic danger during Infinity Gauntlet. If Freddy's in his head he's going to instantly wake up with an adrenaline rush.

Spider sense is a hard counter to Freddy.

>>94375885
>Edgy cyborg Punisher hero killed by classic comic hero with cape and Captain Marvel thunderbolt

Freddy has taste.
>>
>>94372039
I think they meant "damage" instead of "pain".
>>
>>94376316
>Freddy tries to kill Peter
>Mephisto shows up to protect his claim
>>
File: IMG_0128.jpg (229KB, 648x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0128.jpg
229KB, 648x1024px
I'm curious about how it would play out.
>>
>>94372002
Imagine Daredevil facing Freddy.
Imagine Freddy tormenting him with actual visions of Karen's and Elektra's (I know she got resurrected, but that still gotta sting to see that) deaths. Foggy's cancer, etc.
>"Now you can see at last"
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>94370494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG4jXCQr_oo
Who would THIS GUY fight in a death battle (Also responding to OP)
>>
>>94370658
Came here to post this.
>>
>>94375891
MORE POWERFUL THAN A LOCO MADMAN
>>
Could Superman's mental kung fu or whatever resist him? I'm not well versed in supes.
>>
File: 592.jpg (75KB, 640x971px) Image search: [Google]
592.jpg
75KB, 640x971px
>>94370494
>>
>>94370494
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.