[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 22

File: 4880880-5172506878-42627.jpg (274KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4880880-5172506878-42627.jpg
274KB, 1024x768px
Batman or Spiderman?
>>
>>94368713
Spiderman, his spider sense makes everything Batman does (Hiding in the shadows, smoke screens, booby traps, etc) pointless. He's also physically stronger and faster than the Bat and he's better at improvising on the spot when it comes to fighting, something that can throw Bruce off
>>
Assuming no Batwank, Peter takes it 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>94369634
Batman can hardly pull of a deception greater than what's in Mysterio's arsenal.

Spider-Man has taken on entire teams of villains that are individually as tough as Batman's worst rogues.
>>
>>94368713
Is there any time used for preparation involved on batman's part?
>>
>>94369698
He has one hundred thousand years to prepare
>>
>>94368713

Batgod > Spider-God > Spider-Man > Batman
>>
>>94369634
AND he has webs, allowing him to immobilize/slow down Batman, and to act as area denial by blocking doorways or creating sticky webs on the floor. Jeez, Spidey is basically a perfect counter to Bats.

Realistically, in an actual crossover, Spidey would take Batman by surprise and easily win the first round, but the next time Batman would come in knowing Spider-Man's abilities and have new tactics to counter them. I could also see him developing some kind of web disolvant, and maybe something to make the walls too slick to climb on, too.
>>
>>94369977
Yeah, but Batman doesn't have a way to counter Spider-sense. That ability is the deciding figure that leads to Spider-man's victory every time.
>>
File: Spider-Man Goes Berserk.jpg (2MB, 576x7045px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man Goes Berserk.jpg
2MB, 576x7045px
Spider-Man when he's mad enough to not make any quips > Batman with prep time
>>
Bowel-Man would make them have to go poo poo really badly and end the fight. Making him win by default.
>>
>>94368713
>batman
>VS anyone who isnt a clown with a nihilistic and wicked sense of humor
Batman wins

Why doesnt preptime work on joker?
Why does batman have 10 billion different ways to take out superman but regularly gets his ass handed to him by joker?
>>
>>94370116
>Why does batman have 10 billion different ways to take out superman but regularly gets his ass handed to him by joker?
Because Superman is predictable, Joker isn't
>>
>>94369977
Realistically anyone with the slightest superpower would hand Batman his ass
>>
>>94369698
kekked
>>
>>94370030
holy fuck, I love angry spider-man full-vigilante style. Any examples of this?
>>
>>94370015
Spider sense just let's Spiderman know he is in imminent danger and from where. He can only react to that in so many ways. It doesn't even scale the threat level beyond being hurt to about to die. Those are the only 2 settings.
We've had a handful of villains that know this and set his spider sense off like crazy which negates it almost entirely and forces spidy to just react on whatever he sees. He's like a raid boss that avoids single target attacks so you just go AE
>>
>>94370015
>Yeah, but Batman doesn't have a way to counter Spider-sense
Technically he does. Spider-sense does jack shit if there's no safe space to dodge. The trick would be spider-sense would warn Peter before he was put in such a situation so Batman would have to either trick or compel Peter into such a situation AND somehow ensure that Peter couldn't preptime himself out of it.

The only other exploitable limit to spider sense is it only triggers against shit Peter would perceive as a threat, but I'm not sure how Batman would discover that in a normal fight.
>>
>Both participants fighting naked in a cage
Spider-Man
>Batman has full access to gadgets, but this is his first encounter with Spider-Man
Spider-Man
>Batman has full access to gadgets, has faced Spider-Man before, has prep time
Batman
>>
>>94369690
>>94369671
>>94369634
You realize Batman has the power of plot armor on his side right? If he can defeat gods what makes you think he can't defeat spidey?
>>
File: 1196833617361.jpg (127KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1196833617361.jpg
127KB, 640x480px
>>94370116
>why can't Batman prepare for someone you can't prepare for?
>>
>>94372782
>Spider sense just let's Spiderman know he is in imminent danger and from where.
Spider sense works on more than just imminent danger. How much lead time Peter gets scales with the the build up time for the threat itself. He gets a limited heads up for shit like traps, but he'll get a massive heads up for shit like stalking or plotting even if shit isn't meant to trigger actual danger for days. It also has more than 2 settings. It completely scales with threat size. And it doesn't just give a direction of a threat, he can tell in space what areas are dangerous and what aren't so he knows where to dodge.
>>
File: 4988660-webofspider-man105-14-1.jpg (256KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
4988660-webofspider-man105-14-1.jpg
256KB, 519x800px
>>94372913
>If he can defeat gods what makes you think he can't defeat spidey?
Uh...?
>>
>>94372913
Batwank only exists because of popularity. Spider-man is one of the few comic heroes in the same ballpark in that regard
>>
>>94372898
>Batman wins because prep time
This is stupid. Spidey would have just as much time to prepare for Batman as Batman would have to prepare for him. Odds even out a bit, I want to say Spider-Man wins but I'm a Spidey fanboy so I'm admittedly biased.
>>
>>94368713
Spiderman the first time
Batman round 2.
Batman would figure out peter's spider sense and try to overload him with danger.
>>
>>94373120
>Batman would figure out peter's spider sense and try to overload him with danger.
If Galactus can't manage that shit, Bruce sure as shit won't.
>>
>>94373011
>And it doesn't just give a direction of a threat, he can tell in space what areas are dangerous and what aren't so he knows where to dodge.
So he knows what direction to dodge? You just added on to it but it's still the same thing. There have even been times where he plain doesn't know the where till it gets close enough but it at least alerts him before that happens to stay on guard.
>>
>>94373137
Good point
but then again we are talking about batman who takes down other heroes exploiting everything he's got.
BTW how did galactus try to over drive peter's spider sense?
I don't want to use Slotts version of spiderman but Goblin was able to cripple Peter with his tech fucking with his spider sense.
>>
File: planning.jpg (508KB, 1000x1567px) Image search: [Google]
planning.jpg
508KB, 1000x1567px
Spiderman and it's not even a contest
>>
>>94373185
>So he knows what direction to dodge? You just added on to it but it's still the same thing. There have even been times where he plain doesn't know the where till it gets close enough but it at least alerts him before that happens to stay on guard.
actually, and not that anon, but he does this all the time when swinging around the city so carelessly. His spider sense keeps him from falling by instinctually shooting and swinging where he needs to keep moving. It's a super awareness if harnessed he can see into the future. This was done in another parallel universe where spiderman became a soldier and trained him self to see into the future.
>>
>>94368713
No prep, Spiderman. Vastly outpowers Batman and any move he'll sense, dodge and easily counter. Not to mention that if he bloodlusts, he'll destroy Batman with ease. Batman would not be able to be on the offensive much, it'll be a very defensive fight with Spiderman wrecking everything in his path.

with prep and bloodlust, Batman defeats Spiderman and using science, his vast array of gadgets, and strategy. It would be a close battle as Spiderman is creative, clever and unique with his hybrid attacks, and has often come out on top of very difficult situations, but Batman's tactical side and gadgets tends to outshine Spiderman where long term planning is concerned. I don't think it would always be this way, but Batman's technical abilities are highly refined, whereas Spiderman's reactions usually outshine Batman. Batman's suit is no joke, though, and he could have many tools to beat Spiderman.
>>
>>94373112
Batman preptime > anyone else's preptime. Wankery as it may be, that's just Batman's thing: he will prepare for every contingency. He will prepare for you preparing for him. Especially if he's already fought you once and gotten the measure of you, and/or been defeated by you. You get one chance to beat Batman, and if you don't immediately kill him (which Spidey wouldn't do), you don't ever get that chance again.
>>
>>94370030

Predator Mode Spidey is crazy
>>
>>94373185
>You just added on to it but it's still the same thing.
No, no it's not. It two threats were coming from the exact same direction at different times he would be able to detect 2 distinct threats AND that there was a safe space between them. He can tell how threats are oriented in space. His spider sense has depth perception.

>There have even been times where he plain doesn't know the where till it gets close enough but it at least alerts him before that happens to stay on guard.
That's because the clarity of his spider sense scales with proximity to the threat.

>>94373214
>BTW how did galactus try to over drive peter's spider sense?
I'm not sure that's ever happened, but Peter has gone up against Galactus before. My point was Batman's not going to manage a greater threat signature than fucking Galactus.
>but Goblin was able to cripple Peter with his tech fucking with his spider sense.
You have to keep in mind that a lot of if not all the time when that shit happens its an outright writing fuckup. Like when Iron Man defeated Spidey with fucking pheromones even though it's a god damn psychic power and in no god damn way pheromone based.
>>
>>94373245
Chat was best girl.
>>
>>94373272
>Batman's suit is no joke, though, and he could have many tools to beat Spiderman.

Such as?

you keep saying preptime but you're not posting any tangible data. You can't just say Batman would have a plan because ANYONE can have a plan.
>>
>>94373293
>he never watched Eight Legged Freaks
>he doesn't know phermones fuck spiders' shit up
>>
I like batman more but spider-man is an obvious winner in straight combat.
>>
Batman wins because he has the power to jump out of comic books and suck off writers until they write him to win.
>>
>>94373293
>Like when Iron Man defeated Spidey with fucking pheromones even though it's a god damn psychic power and in no god damn way pheromone based.
That still requires his attention. Fucking up his senses in general and fatigue dulls said senses. It's precog but if his mind is distracted then it's just more noise. He's openly ignored it at time and other times he acted without thinking thanks to it
>>
>>94373293
>I'm not sure that's ever happened, but Peter has gone up against Galactus before. My point was Batman's not going to manage a greater threat signature than fucking Galactus.
well if there is something like the ultimate nullifier that can make Galactus make pause I could say that Batman could make a devise to fuck with peter's Spider sense. And in response to that peter would maybe make a magneto style helmet to counter that. But then it would be super powered peter using kungfu while bats uses armor and ninja style fighting.
>>
File: evil genius.png (258KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
evil genius.png
258KB, 512x384px
I never liked PREPTIME as an argument for anyone. It's such a nothing argument.

Spidey goes up against people who prep time on his ass all the fucking time and still wins. People who very specifically want to fuck him over, intimately know his ins and outs, personality and habits and wins
>>
>>94373293
Also Peter relies on his super instincts a lot. Anything that could mess with that could fuck his shit up. Then again that depends on the writer at the time.
>>
ITT: Batman wins because we want him to win
>>
>>94368713
depends on the batman and spider-man
inexperienced spider-man would lose to most batmen, but adult and experienced spider-man would triumph over almost all batmen

assuming they are cylinders in a featureless white plane, spider-man is the clear victor
>stronger
>faster
>spider-sense renders him immune to punches and batarangs, batmans primary form of attack
>webbing
>wont get tired quickly
>webbing is far more versatile than grappling gun

batman is incredibly intelligent and is well known for planning ahead, but spider-man is also incredibly smart is is adept at improvising to changing odds and coming up with inventions to counteract his foes abilities, so batman and spider-man wouldnt necessarily be good at out planning each other, since they are both very good at preparing for contingencies and adapting on the fly

so while batman could make an anti-spider batarang, this is nullified by spider-man making anti-bat webbing

so spider-man and batman are somewhat equivalent on the intellectual scale, if one is smarter than the other the gap wouldnt be so good that one would tell right away who is coming up on top in any specific encounter, especially after you factor in things liek the environment

physically, there is no contest, spider-man beats batman in almost every category, without having a weakness that can be exploited
>>
>>94373272
>but Batman's tactical side and gadgets tends to outshine Spiderman where long term planning is concerned.
I know Batman is like top 2/3 for detective work in DC depending on whether or not Sherlock Holmes is somehow involved, but how does he rank on science? Cause Peter is fairly god damn up there in Marvel, though admittedly Marvel plays incredibly fast and loose with intelligence powerlevels. I mean for example Peter is smart enough to crack and reverse engineer Stark tech given preptime. He might not be Tony tier but they're playing in the same ballpark. And let's be realistic here, Stark is Marvel Batman.
>>
>>94373251
At the same time that greatest asset becomes his biggest liability, like the time that fucking Osborn just ran off to his hidden Jet Ski at the end of the Superior Spider-man arc.
>>
File: justbad.jpg (281KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
justbad.jpg
281KB, 1024x768px
You'e all idiots.

The correct answer is, They team up and go find Joker and Gobby.
>>
>>94373424
Would Spider-man really put up with Batman's "I don't do teams" bullshit for however long he needs to get it out of his system before he inevitably agrees to team (dude has founded no less than 3 god damn super teams).
>>
>>94373424
But Batman secretly plans on letting them both escape because joker is his butt buddy and gobbys company has ties with his
>>
>>94373405
since batman is the world's greatest detective I would imagine he knows forensic science and shit like that.
>>94373419
that's what I was saying earlier because of slott's shitty writing a device that puts his spider sense into over drive but peter's spider sense wouldn't notice a fucking Octobot about to switch his personalities by jabbing him the the back of the head. Slott is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>94373451
he has twice, once with joker and Carnage, again with kingpin and rasa gul.
>>
>>94373457
>since batman is the world's greatest detective I would imagine he knows forensic science and shit like that.
I mean how's his tech powerlevel.
>>
>>94373457
Didn't the Octobot hit him in his sleep? Pretty sure being unconscious doesn't trigger the senses, like the time that Punisher used his face as a meat shield in MAX.
>>
>>94373484
no it was when he was standing on a roof top
>>
Yeah but who will be the top?
>>
File: James_Gordon_DCAU_01.jpg (13KB, 432x346px) Image search: [Google]
James_Gordon_DCAU_01.jpg
13KB, 432x346px
>>94373424
I've got it! What if Spider-Man rapes the Joker and Batman rapes the Goblin
>>
>>94373484
His spider sense has actually woken him from a dead sleep before
>>
>>94373502
Then Marvel ends up in a ton of shit about promoting the stereotype that rape victims become rapists and DC ends up in a ton of shit for ruining a bunch of shit because the rape will feel like tacked on bullshit that cheapens the rest of the story with shit writing that nobody asked for.
>>
>>94373299
>Such as?

"Alfred, I'll be taking the batwing. I have some business to deal with in New York."

"This wouldn't have anything to do with that Spider-fellow, would it, sir? As I recall, the last time you returned from New York you were nursing several broken ribs, multiple contusions, and a fractured arm."

"I've been analyzing the footage of that fight from the remote batdrones I had set up around the city. Spiders are the second-most vibration-sensitive creature on the planet, so I've reconfigured the drones to pulse a short-burst frequency that should disrupt what I assume are strain sensor arrays in his body, just like a spider. His physical strength is impressive, but nothing I haven't handled before--the exosuit I built for the eventuality of Clark going rogue should more than suffice.

I've also been researching some of the newsreels of Spider-Man's most notable defeats published by the Daily Bugle; a villain by the name of Max Dillon, aka Electro, was once able to use an electric charge to disable Spider-Man. Shock batarangs should be able to nullify his movements.

I've also come up with a mildly-corrosive solvent that will limit the use of his webs."
>>
batman with prep time
>>
>>94373582
Meanwhile Robin goes "Holy arachnids Batman! Never in a million years did I think that this Bat-Anti-Radioactive-Spider-Spray would come in handy!"
>>
>>94373582
spider-man then goes back to the lab after being surprised by batmans new toys, and develops webs that can resist acids, brings back his insulated suit

when batman deploys his anti-spider vibration device
"dont you go trying that thing again, i made sure to make this frequency jammer, cant have you breaking the rules again you bad man"

"nice suit batman, is that polymer armor covering an strength boosting frame ? just like my buddy rhino"
sprays his armor dissolving webbing all over his armor
>>
>>94373633
Then Batman busts out his Bat Frequency Jammer Jammer and sprays him in the face with Bat Anti-Spider-Man spray. What next?
>>
>>94373658
this pattern is obvious, batman and spider-man just one-upping one another with stupid toys

at one point they will realize this is just pointless dick measurement
>>
>webs that can resist acids.
eh?
>>
>>94373658

It turns into the end of Bogus Journey.
>>
>>94373672
>Comedic tech race between Batman and Spider-Man
Fund it.

Also, speaking of funds, wouldn't Parker eventually run out of money to one-up Batman?
>>
>>94373483
Well, for tech, Batman has the Watchtower, and then there's Brother Eye. He has multiple types of suits that he uses for differing power houses, including suits that can take on the JLA and Supes. His suit can see heat and in the night and he can call in unmanned vehicles to help him in combat or in escape.
>>
>>94373723
he is no stranger to working with scraps, he built a jammer for the vultures wings out of household parts, and his original spider tracker used a commercial shortwave radio
>>
>>94373723
Pretty sure the drain just got bigger on that now that Otto's used his overrides to take away Parker Industries. Speaking of which, how fucking dumb was that? He knew Otto was in the Living Brain and he didn't believe Otto died during Clone Conspiracy, but instead of scrubbing through every inch of Parker Industries to see if he left any booby traps in place Peter just went and derped all over the place.
>>
>>94373582
>the exosuit I built for the eventuality of Clark going rogue should more than suffice.
1. Every anti-supes suit always relies on Kryptonite
2. Spider-man's webs are strong enough to restrain all but a handful of things in the Marvelverse
3. Lol taser webbing to knock out electronics and Bruce
4. Lol fire and ice webbing to thermal shock the armor open
5. Lol acid webbing to burn through the armor if that fails
6. Lol magnetic webbing to fuck up the electronics and otherwise bind the suit even more than normal failing all the prior
>Spiders are the second-most vibration-sensitive creature on the planet, so I've reconfigured the drones to pulse a short-burst frequency that should disrupt what I assume are strain sensor arrays in his body, just like a spider.
Spider-man uses sonic disruptors regularly. I have no idea what you think this will do
>Shock batarangs should be able to nullify his movements.
If you can get Captain Boomerang to throw them for you, maybe, sure. Otherwise he's dodging that shit.
>I've also come up with a mildly-corrosive solvent that will limit the use of his webs.
With what fucking sample? Shit dissolves after an hour so as not to leave a trace. also
>Lol acid webbing
And all this is BEFORE spider-man prep time, which, by the way, Spider-Tracer
>>
>>94373847
>1. Every anti-supes suit always relies on Kryptonite

Not all of them. The Endgame battlesuit tried to make use of red sun fist lamps to take down Superman. In the end what got Batman the win was Kryptonite bubblegum, which can very easily just be in his regular bat suit or even in his civillian clothing.
>>
>>94373759
slott writing
>>
>>94373847
Actually this brings up an important point about Spider-man, disregarding the fact that he can make more, his basic power and tool set is fucking massive and it's unlikely Batman would be able to force him to use enough of it to be able to develop counters for it all of it with preptime.

Peter keeps a variety of web types on him at all times, has superhuman speed, durability, and strength, near peak human intelligence, perfect balance, is a master martial artist, and he has precognition. He's not really S tier anything, but he's at least A- tier everything so it's basically god damn impossible to hard counter him. You either have to completely overwhelm him with raw power or speed or systematically counter every one of his abilities and techs. And you have to do it all at once cause he can preptime too.
>>
>>94373867
did that gum give him cancer in his mouth?
>>
>>94373937
>is a master martial artist
about that....
>>
>>94373723
>Also, speaking of funds, wouldn't Parker eventually run out of money to one-up Batman?
A lot of his early one-upsmanship would be free cause Peter has a bunch of OP shit lying around he just doesn't use because he doesn't need to.

He fucking reverse engineered the Iron Spider after Civil War and he never uses that shit because he can already beat all his fucking villains to death as is if he wanted to. Spider-man is constantly punching down.
>>
>>94373949
>about that....
They retconned Way of the Spider?
>>
>>94373983
Slott just forgot it when Peter last fought Norman Osborn. Spiderman looses his powers for a little bit of time, then gets in a fist fight with Osborn. Peter gets some of his shit kicked out of him.
>>
File: i070314spidey.jpg (30KB, 525x165px) Image search: [Google]
i070314spidey.jpg
30KB, 525x165px
>>94373847
2. Batman's rope has been said to be pretty damn unbreakable, requiring a special alloy of knife to cut it in a special kind of way, as said in the Under the Hood story arc.
3. It's doubtful that taser webbing will have any effect when Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) ran around with a costume insulated to withstand attacks from Livewire.
4. He deals with villains like Firefly and Mister Freeze on the regular. Safe to say his costume's got measures against either, or both at the same time.
5. A solid possibility
6. Batman's got gadgets and tricks in his costume that aren't electricity dependent.

>Spider-man uses sonic disruptors regularly. I have no idea what you think this will do
The same exact shit that Clash did to him. Remember that guy? At the end of that whole Ulysses shit Clash fucked Pete up pretty bad with sonics.

>If you can get Captain Boomerang to throw them for you, maybe, sure. Otherwise he's dodging that shit.
He gets tagged with slow projectiles too. Look at pic related.

>With what fucking sample? Shit dissolves after an hour so as not to leave a trace.
Blame Otto for making a permanent version of webbing, like the one that he used as underwear when Peter got his body back.

>Spider-Tracer
Which Batman would most likely notice, or otherwise discover it given how paranoid he is, then reverse engineer it to figure out how the fuck it works. From there he can probably render the spider-sense null and void by the same way that Tony just downloaded how it works during Civil War I.

>>94373946
We can only be so lucky, but it's doubtful that he's been chewing on it for as long as Lex was wearing his ring.
>>
>>94374037
the thing about spiders sense is it depends on the writer. Pete could choose to ignore it or even his spider sense is going but he doesn't know where the trouble is while so many other things are going nuts around him.
>>
>>94374066
Yes, but the big takeaway is that with his long history it's been made painfully evident that spider sense can be nullified (any of the symbiotes, Ironman), or overloaded to cause him extreme pain (Liz Allen, Anti-Venom).
>>
>>94374107
oh yeah it's possible
>>
>>94374037
>2. Batman's rope has been said to be pretty damn unbreakable, requiring a special alloy of knife to cut it in a special kind of way, as said in the Under the Hood story arc.
And?
>3. It's doubtful that taser webbing will have any effect when Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) ran around with a costume insulated to withstand attacks from Livewire.
Superman doesn't have electric powers. If it's an anti-superman suit, I wouldn't expect it to be electricity proof. I'd expect the thermal shock resistance to be more likely since Supes has fire and ice powers. But sure, if Batman has a suit that's as strong as a Greek god, flexible enough that Spider-Man couldn't web it down from spots it couldn't reach the web to tear it off, insulated against electricity, extremely resistant to changes in temperature, covered in an incredibly stable material that conforms to all the prior standards and doesn't react to highly corrosive chemicals, is properly shielded against magnetics, and contains no large concentrations of metals susceptible to magnetism, he wouldn't have to worry about Spider-man's webbing beyond the fact that he could use it to completely ball up the suit with foam webbing.
>Safe to say his costume's got measures against either, or both at the same time.
Batman doesn't have one suit to go up against all his potential threats. Spider-man's tools expand a shitton when exposed to the air so he can keep that shit in tiny capsules on his person.
>6. Batman's got gadgets and tricks in his costume that aren't electricity dependent.
We were talking about a power armor. Those generally don't have operational capabilities that don't rely on electronics
>Clash
Not familiar with him
>He gets tagged with slow projectiles too. Look at pic related.
It's called jobbing
>From there he can probably render the spider-sense null and void by the same way that Tony just downloaded how it works during Civil War I.
Speaking of jobbing. The spider-sense is a psychic power.
>>
>>94374107
>any of the symbiotes
There's an in canon reason for that which makes it something Batman would never come across without contrivance and wouldn't be able to take advantage of anyway
>Ironman), or overloaded to cause him extreme pain (Liz Allen, Anti-Venom).
Literally the fault of Marvel not keeping an in house bible about how the spider-sense works.
>>
>>94374181
>Superman doesn't have electric powers.

He literally ran around as an electric Superman. Do you even read comics? Get the fuck out of here.

>Batman doesn't have one suit to go up against all his potential threats.

He does. It's his default Batsuit. Using specialized equipment like the Hellbat or the one he used during Court of Owls/Endgame is the exception rather than the rule. So it's not a longshot to expect that he tries to make his default Batsuit be capable of facing as many "non-exceptional" threats (his rogues gallery) as possible.

>Spider-man's tools expand a shitton when exposed to the air so he can keep that shit in tiny capsules on his person.

You're confusing Spider-man with the Flash, and "tools" with costume. Spiderman's web fluid, while it does expand when exposed to air, isn't used that way as a tool. Furthermore, as it currently is all his tools are voice activated shit from his web shooters, not capsules.

>We were talking about a power armor.
The Hellbat (as an example) does not operate on electricity at all, but rather the life force of the wearer. So using any sort of EMP would do jack and shit.

>Not familiar with him
No fucking shit. Go read goddamn comics before you come in here and spread your asshole to everyone.

>It's called jobbing
Jobbing is a term used to set up how strong a new (or returning) threat is by having them overpower someone strong. How exactly is that image jobbing? It's literally a regular loose brick conking him in the head.

>>94374211
>Literally the fault of Marvel not keeping an in house bible about how the spider-sense works.

Nah. I'm a proponent for powers evolving. I mean, sticking to some sort of in house bible gives you stupid shit like the penance stare not working on you because you're hopped up on LSD.
>>
>>94374211
Marvel can't keep anything I n the holy book because they hire jack asses for political reasons.
>>
>>94374273
>Furthermore, as it currently is all his tools are voice activated shit from his web shooters, not capsules.
Web shooters which he can load with a variety of web cartridges, capsules filled with liquid webbing
>The Hellbat
Nanomachines and electrical and magnetic interference don't mix.
>He does. It's his default Batsuit.
Yeah, no. Batman changes his gear constantly to deal with his current villain. It's why he's known for preptime.
>jobbing is a term used to set up how strong a new (or returning) threat is by having them overpower someone strong.
That is a use of jobbing, but not the definition.
>I'm a proponent for powers evolving
Powers evolving is fine as long as the evolution is consistent. Peter's spider sense hasn't been pheromone based from then on. It was a fuckup.
>>
>>94374495
The Hellbat isn't nanomachines you mong. It's full on armor literally forged in the sun.

>Batman changes his gear constantly to deal with his current villain. It's why he's known for preptime.

The gear in his belt, not his suit.

>That is a use of jobbing, but not the definition.

Ah yes, clearly that brick is such a powerful opponent for Spiderman. How the fuck can he hope to beat an inanimate object given motion by gravity?
>>
>>94374522
>The Hellbat isn't nanomachines you mong.
Yes, yes it is. How the fuck else did you think it transformed and shit, fucking magic?
>>
>>94374574
>Yes, yes it is. How the fuck else did you think it transformed and shit, fucking magic?

Yes, yes it is. Greek Magic, maybe even Atlantean.
>>
>>94374585
>Greek Magic, maybe even Atlantean.
Batman rebuilt that shit without magic, m8.
>>
>>94374610
He didn't. We see it get trashed after reviving Damian, then it's absent until Superman takes his family off to Batman's Lunar Batcave, where it's whole again. There's nothing to say that Batman alone rebuilt it or if the league helped reassemble it.

It's one thing to not read comics and another to just make shit up anon.
>>
>>94368713
If they fight head to head at first Batman would start losing badly, given Spider-man's abilities perfectly counter Batman's typical tactics.

However Batman has decent odds of retreating given how him running and hiding would not activate Spider-man's spider sense, so he should get away.

After that Batman would prep and come back to beat Spider-man easily. Spider-man is easy to stop with some planning, and that is what Batman excels at.

And I mean that with or without the plot armor they usually get. As Spider-man would need a high level of murderous intent to one hit Batman at start, something that is not him. Or Batman would need to stay and fight a lost battle that lacks common sense, admittedly he has done that but only in extreme stakes, so it would not come into play unless Spider-man was trying to nuke the planet or something with only seconds on the clock to force things. In both cases the witer would be tilting the playing feild heavy in favor of one or the other.
>>
>>94374016
Is that serum'd up Osborn?
>>
>>94374765
No. Norman just shut down Spidey's Spider powers to fight him on equal footing because he wanted to make the statement that Spider-man's greatest enemy was never the Goblin, it was Osborn.
>>
>>94374765
No he developed and immunity to the serum now.
>>
>>94369634
Just because you can tell you are in a trap doesn't mean you can escape from it
Batman just needs to lure Spiderman into close combat and come up with something to deal with web, it's not like Spiderman doesn't leave his web around sticking from everything so Batman wouldn't have access to a sample, hell Bruce could easily figure out it's Peter just by studying the pictures on the newspapers
>>
>>94374781
that sucks, I don't want spiderman greatest enemy to be lex Luther rip off I want the goblin.
>>
>>94374840
>it's not like Spiderman doesn't leave his web around sticking from everything so Batman wouldn't have access to a sample,
peter developed the webbing to desolate in 1 to 2 hours. Smart move on his part because he didn't want people tracking him through his webbing.
>>
>>94374840
>Just because you can tell you are in a trap doesn't mean you can escape from it
Spider-man can tell he's going to be put in a trap
>>
>>94374840
I have no doubt Bruce would find out peter's identity. There isn't anyone in marvel that had the amount of detective genius batman has.
>>
>>94368713
Who the fuck is Spiderman? Is he like Spider-Man?
>>
>>94374840
>Batman just needs to lure Spiderman into close combat and come up with something to deal with web
that is the worst possible plan to deal with some one far faster and stronger than you
>>
>>94374893
yeah but with a blue costume with red added.
>>
>>94374876
>peter developed the webbing to desolate in 1 to 2 hours.

And Otto made a permanent version of it that requires a separate solution to dissolve it.

>>94374889
>Spider-man can tell he's going to be put in a trap

Was getting baited by Frank his master plan?
>>
>>94374890
>There isn't anyone in marvel that had the amount of detective genius batman has.
What about Deadpool?
>>
>>94374910
>And Otto made a permanent version of it that requires a separate solution to dissolve it.
Don't know if he kept the perminate webbing though.
>Was getting baited by Frank his master plan?
as long as frank plans around franks
>>
>>94374922
no, dead pool couldn't figure out that peter was spider man I'm their team up book
>>
>>94374930
>I'm
in
>>
>>94374910
>Was getting baited by Frank his master plan?
I'd have to say yes given than his power set includes precognition, perfect balance, and a superhuman reaction time any one of which would have prevented exactly that pic from happening if he didn't want it to.

I mean unless writers fuck up, which I find highly improbable.

>>94374930
To be fair, was he trying to?
>>
>>94374947
>Webs up claymores
And then Frank was punched out.
>>
>>94374947
>To be fair, was he trying to?
well he killed peter, twice and brought him back and still didn't put two and two together.
>>
>>94374947
>I mean unless writers fuck up, which I find highly improbable.

You should probably lower your expectations on what's probable, or at the very least think of Frank a bit higher. Apologies for the ant pictures, but here's another of Frank one-upping Spider-man.

1/2
>>
>>94374947
>>94374965
2/2
>>
>>94373049
wasnt that a dream?
>>
>>94374965
>You should probably lower your expectations
Poe's Law, m8.

>>94374965
>he can't dodge with his wrists in the air
>>94374978
>out anticipating a precog
Do comic writers actually read comics?
>>
I'm a HUGE batman fan, and for sure spiderman. Spider sense is just way too OP. And Peter is actually SMART, and not arrogant unlike so many of Batman's potential opponents. He could match batman for wits, and wouldn't underestimate him.
>>
File: 2404522-punisher_vs_spidey_1.jpg (29KB, 360x356px) Image search: [Google]
2404522-punisher_vs_spidey_1.jpg
29KB, 360x356px
>>94375006
It gets even better. Here's Frank crashing through a window and kicking Spider-man in the face. You know, precognitive super agility Spider-man?
>>
>>94374947
>his power set includes precognition, perfect balance, and a superhuman reaction time any one of which would have prevented exactly that pic from happening if he didn't want it to.

Spiderman is Superman levels of boring then?
>>
>>94375016
>and not arrogant
Spider-man is notoriously arrogant as balls, m8. He talks shit to literally everyone, ignores obvious signs of danger for sometimes petty reasons, and always pulls his punches unless he's fighting someone he literally knows he can't kill like Wolverine (which is how he accidentally punched that one lady to death, incidentally). Cocky might as well be his middle name.
>>
>>94374965
>>94374978
Spiderman was holding back, because he knew Frank wasnt a real threat and the slightest spiderpuncgh could kill him. He let him hit him out of pitty and to prove himself how weak frank was. Punisher aint got shit on spiderman.
>>
File: 993757-deathstrokewins.gif (446KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
993757-deathstrokewins.gif
446KB, 600x929px
>>94374840
>>close combat

With a guy who can lift 10 tons. Are you retarded?

He'll get owned worse than pic related. Batman's only chance is running away like a bitch and praying he doesn't get tagged with a spider tracer.
>>
>>94375062
in the first meeting between spidey and punisher, spider-man without trying

so consistent power levels these are not
>>
>>94375053
I like how Peter get awayt with shit like that, while Pym gets shit on.
>>
>>94375067
>how can frankfags ever recover?
>>
>>94375038
when ever the Punisher fights anyone with super powers the writers write them at like 1/3 their normal skill.
>>
>>94375053
Talking shit, and actually being arrogant in your actions are 2 very different things. He oftens says in his own internal dialogue that he talks shit all the time because it's almost the only way for him to keep his head on and not freak out all the time because he is so scared.

He pulls his punches because, like you said, he doesn't want to kill people. It's not because he's arrogant.
As for ignoring obvious signs of danger, he often can't make sense of his spidey sense, it's a hard sense to interpret at times for him, but I don't he's ever ignored danger because he's petty? Scans?
>>
File: 1310876-1066533_022_super_super.jpg (158KB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
1310876-1066533_022_super_super.jpg
158KB, 600x915px
The Punisher with no plot armor vs a two bit version of Wolverine
>>
File: 29.jpg (297KB, 1279x972px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
297KB, 1279x972px
>>94375093
>>
>>94375050
No, cause he's still fucking vulnerable. An air burst missile barrage would pretty much end Spidey whereas it wouldn't even tickle Supes.
>>
>>94375069
>I like how Peter get away with shit like that, while Pym gets shit on.
To be fair she was already dead not to mention suicidal. He just finished her off without meaning to.
>>
File: uppercut5.png (485KB, 246x748px) Image search: [Google]
uppercut5.png
485KB, 246x748px
>>94375090
>like you said, he doesn't want to kill people. It's not because he's arrogant.
Feeling like he has that luxury is the arrogance.

Just cause you're arrogant doesn't mean you aren't right.

>Scans?
pic related
>>
>>94375050
>>94375114

Not to mention that Spidey actually has a personality.
>>
>>94374947
writers fuck up all the time, look at superior spider-man.
>>
>>94375038
it would be boring if spider-man never got hit. but what comics am I looking at, Spider-man or Punisher's. Because we all know it depends on the writer. Look at Wolverine vs Spider-man. Depending on who is writing is the winner.
>>
>>94375114
Or a Nuke would waste spider-man and turn Nu52 supes into skeletor.
>>
>>94375270
Technically Spider-man. It's the first appearance of Punisher in the Marvel universe, hence why he has that cheezy line of "not while I'm called-- THE PUNISHER!"
>>
>>94375016
Overwhelm it. Just keep it ticking so he can't pinpoint the danger.
Alternatively, take advantage of his human psychology; if you throw a batarang and his sense triggers, but then it returns behind him, he may mistake the sense for warning about the original attack.
Or predict his move. If you know he's going to see it coming and move out of the way, make an educated guess where Spiderman will move to dodge.

Or gas.
Gas is always nice.
Gas spiderman.
>>
>>94375175
I don't know if I would count that as ignoring danger because he's petty, and more of ignoring danger because he thought that there was no way there COULD be danger. After all, his spider sense has been wrong or inaccurate at times.

But i guess that scan is up to interpretation.

As for the arrogance thing, since it's a who would win, i'm pretty sure spiderman isn't going to care about holding back for the sake of it.
>>
>>94374840
Let's not forget spider-man is very good at close combat, bat man would have an easier time with peter if they were in an open field.
>>
>>94373359
Yeah, a lot of heroes use prep-time for second round encounters, people just associate it with Batman cause he makes his most ridiculous accomplishments with it.
>>
>>94375270
>Look at Wolverine vs Spider-man.
When has Wolverine EVER gotten the best of Spidey?
>>
>>94375314
>Trying to out predict an bordering pre-cog.

Lol, when are you guys going to learn? He avoids one attack, which leads into your second attack, and he'll just dodge that one too. He's done it many times before.

And since he has dodged bullets, I think he can dodge batarangs.
>>
>>94373385

>we
>>
File: 3793455-5932865313-17787.jpg (110KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
3793455-5932865313-17787.jpg
110KB, 600x910px
>>94375321
this isn't the same comic is it?
>>
>>94375332
Do bullets turn around for a second attempt
>>
>>94375341
and I'm a spiderman fan boy but it always depends who is writing. So I n the end its always up in the air.
>>94375348
there was that one dude who had a magic bullet when Peter lost his spider sense. He was learning kungfu and could stop a bullet by catching it, sadly there were two bullets one peter caught with one hand the other when through his other hand and shoulder and then he passed out.
>>
>>94369671
Batwank usually requires preparation, and even then Petewank would come into effect.
>>
>>94375314
>Just keep it ticking so he can't pinpoint the danger.
Doesn't work. Although you could conceivably just wear him down. His sense gets less accurate with exhaustion.
>but then it returns behind him, he may mistake the sense for warning about the original attack.
His spider sense reveals the path of projectiles
>Or predict his move.
It's precognition. You would need to have greater precognitive powers than him to cancel his shit out otherwise he's just preacting to your predictions.

>Or gas.
Yes, AoE hard counters his spider-sense. The only catch being he'll generally be aware of the extent of AoEs before they go off so you need to cover a massive fucking area with the shit.
>>
>>94375341
It is. And I wouldn't call that as Wolverine getting the best of Spidey. Spidey outright says he let himself be grabbed.
>>
>>94375379
>It's precognition. You would need to have greater precognitive powers than him to cancel his shit out otherwise he's just preacting to your predictions.
You don't need that, just take peter's spider tracer and fuck with it to where it gives spiderman a huge migraine
>>
>>94368713
Spider-Man: no-prep
Batman: prep
Spider-Man: solo
Batman: with friends
>>
>>94375404
but even then Wolverine points out that Peter doesn't have the spider-nuts. And this is coming from a spider-man fan.
>>
>>94375379
>All this spider-sense wank

As evidenced up above, Spider-man got chumped by jumping into a room rigged to blow, and couldn't fucking predict the flight path of a falling brick. You all keep bringing up this precog bullshit but the only time it's ever actually been that way has been alternate universe shenanigans and stories of a future that never comes to pass.

His "precognition" bullshit got chumped by both Captain America and Ironman during the Civil War. In one such encounter Cap tagged him three times in 10 seconds, while Pete never got to hit him once. For Tony, he analyzed how Spider-sense works and basically shut it down while they fought by giving him false positives as well as making him not recognize threats.
>>
>>94375453
because the spider sense is pretty powerful. I mean spiderman can't avoid everything, it's basically instinctual. Which is why he can do all that witty banter.
>>
>>94375491

It really isn't all that powerful. I mean, fucking aunt may is immune to Spider-sense.
>>
>>94375510
she doesn't create any danger
and if trained properly peter could see one day into the future, which was covered in a what if story of peter being spiderman for the army.
>>
>>94375531
>she doesn't create any danger

Bashing someone in the head with a vase is dangerous, regadless of your blood relation to them anon.
>>
>>94375557
he's even asking why didn't it go off, was there ever an explination in this comic or next issue?
>>
>>94375645
It's right there. It never went off because "lolaunt".
>>
>>94375557
it says in the text box it only reacts to sworn foe men of hidden menace. Aunt May isn't considered a threat.
>>
>>94375657
Which again, points out how it's not this all powerful ability whose dick everyone keeps riding. It's been overwhelmed, it's been shutdown, it's been fucking rendered useless by people that study Spidey, and, for a power that's supposed to be warning him of danger, it flagging family as "non-threatening" regadless of their actions is pretty damn stupid. I mean really, it's a good thing that was a fucking vase and not a handgun that May carried. Peter could have died because "lolfamily".
>>
>>94375700
I see your point, it's not a perfect system and Ive been saying that too ITT. For what it can do in situations of fights it's saved his ass more than been a problem.
>>
>>94369977
To counter Spideys wall crawling powers Batman would have to alter physics, Spidey doesn't just stick to walls, his power is more akin to magnetism, only with any surface.
>>
>>94372863
The problem is, the only way Bats could put Spidey in a situation where he can't avoid danger even with spider sense is hit him with something BIG, like building falling ontop of him big, Spidey is agile enough to dodge bullets at extremely close range, so none of Batmans weapons could really touch him
>>
>>94375842
He can literally pull from Frank's playbook, but with those taser grid defense systems instead of claymores.
>>
>>94374840
>close combat with Spiderman.
That is literally the worst possible course of action. In close combat, if you don't have super speed, durability and/or super strength, you are going to get curb stomped, and don't even get me started if he goes fucking super ball mode.
>>
>>94375862
Unless his taser grid defense lines every inch of a super tiny room, it won't do much. Spidey can dodge bullets at close range, so tasers are unlikely to hit him, he can web up the launchers, and if he isn't wearing his insulated suit, the guy is resilient enough that the few tasers that might hit him won't put him down. The danger of the claymores is that there is too much for Spidey to avoid and it's lethal force, a taser barrage isn't close to the same threat.
>>
>>94372651
Just read Back In Black
>>
>>94368713
Well Norman Osborn is just "What if Batman were a bad guy" so I'm going to go with Spider-Man here.
>>
>>94368713
>Who'd win? Batman or Batman?

Batman
>>
>>94368713
Spider-man. Even if Batman preps to take out his Spider-sense and webs he's still incredibly fast and strong, not to mention that Peter's pretty smart and might be able to prep something Batman doesn't expect.
>>
>>94368713
Batman would break Spider-man's webshooters with Batarangs and then just throw some kind of expanding foam pellet at Spider-man and capture him. But Spider-man can grab Batman's utility belt. Without their tools, Spider-man is stronger and has better reflexes, so I'm going to say it'd go to Spider-man. Plus it just so happens that most of Spider-man's villains are just dudes in hi-tech, animal-themed suits. He's had training for this sort of thing.
>>
>>94368713

Tony Stark already kicked Peter's whiny ass with tech like 10 years ago and the Spidersense did fuckall to help him. Bruce has way better science/intellect feats and a lot better tech than any shit Peter's peabrain can make.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.