[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are these two and why don't they say anything funny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (759KB, 1165x708px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
759KB, 1165x708px
Who are these two and why don't they say anything funny?
>>
They were the Sam Hyde and Charles Carrol of the late 60s. Comics fired from network TV for their political views and whined about it for years afterwords
>>
>>94365879
Because nuSimpsons
>>
>>94365879
They are the Smothers Brothers. Super young fags like you don't know them because you are young fags.

They were a popular brother comedy act. Edgelords who were clean cut and yet did a lot edgy shit that pissed off everyone.

They had a TV variety show on CBS which got canceled because they kept making super mean spirited stuff about the Johnson administration/the war. The final straw, IIRC, was them showing footage of cops beating the shit out of hippies at the 1968 Democratic Convention set to fun calypso music.
>>
>>94367185
Thanks Grandpa
>>
>>94367185
I wonder what the equivalent of them would be today.
>>
>>94369878
Jon Stewart / Jon Oliver / Steven Colbert... etc.

My girlfriend gets good chuckles out of their records.
>>
>>94370080
Those guys aren't edgelords though.
>>
>>94370189
And they're also retards who have dragged political discourse way down
>>
>>94370189
They're our generations equivalents. 1) In the limelight, 2) go after the establishment (granted, from their own) and 3) get railed at by the establishment in return.

I don't think that there will ever be another true comparison to them though. They had almost 100% of the market in their day. Today there are a plethora of sources that do what they did.

It's similar to the Beetle's. The music world has become too diverse to support a single mega group anymore so there are multiple groups that share in scratching the collective itch.
>>
what ep?
>>
>>94370334
>the Beetle's
You did this on purpose you motherfucker
>>
i've listened to their songs, they have some sensible chuckles. what's funny is there are some bits where you can hear from the laughter that it was 'edgy' at the time, like when they say "what the hell's going on in there", and singing about how they'll probably have sex with someone who isn't their true love.

lom lehrer is in a kind of similar vein; he wrote that elements song, and he also wrote a song about STDs and one that mentions priest molestation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.