[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil Ernie Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 125

Evil Ernie redux

Evil Ernie's back in his newest incarnation, where he's turned more into a sort of anti-hero than a straight up psychopath like we always knew him. Don't expect something as macabre as the old series
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
So the whole 'Wipe out the human race for love' has been done away with?
>>
>>94365796
well when you don't have access to Lady death you make due.
>>
>>94365796

Pretty much yeah, it turned into a whole thing about hell vs heaven.

Sorry for the interruption, power went out
>>
>>
>>94367364
They kinda replaced her with Hel
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
´´
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94364647
Dynamite's take on Chaos was shit in general, Chastity was the only decent book
>>
>>94364647
My dad's casual interest in Evil Ernie is what got me into comics in the first place.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip, OP. I wish we had more Ernie/Lady Death threads on /co/.
>>
>>94368086

It's really weird for sure

Smiley resembles much more a deadpool sort of character. Don't even get me started on Godeater

>>94368225

I plan on doing an Evil Ernie storytime from the old Chaos era during October so keep that in mind anon and look for the Evil Ernie threads!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
´
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
My only experience with Evil Ernie was from an early Hack/Slash one-shot, and I was thoroughly confused.
>>
>>
>>
>>94369160

Well the tl;dr of that old version of Evl Ernie is that he used to be a kid with weird powers who got constantly abused by his parents, ended up meeting Lady Death and becoming her personal grim reaper

This new version has nothing to do with that
>>
>>
as you can see they kinda went full Constantine with this
>>
>>94369469
>>
>>
>>
>>94369408
Plus wiping out all ife on earth because Lady Death wanted her humanity back or something. Oh boy! Become human and no doubt get run over by a truck right off the bat
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
all this blood, gore, death and not a single nipple.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Dunno about you guys but I always felt that evil ernie was one of those "shock" comics that was done right. Unlike 4edgy8u crap like Crossed
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This is where they jumped the shark
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
¿
>>
>>
>>94371038
>>
>>
>>94371199
Is this just an atheist propaganda comic? Or is some deus ex machina gonna bring everyone back and everyone decides that Jesus was cool all along.
>>
>>
>>94371249

Anon have you ever seen Supernatural? Kinda the same concept as in that

>there's evil, fuck you god!

character moments all around, I don't see it anything as propaganda. You were right about the dumb deus ex machina though
>>
>>
>>94371402
>>
>>
>>
>>94371380
I guess years of catholic schooling jaded me on religious topics.
Regardless its a fun ride, I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>94371502
Ernie that is NOT how you throw up the Devil's Horns.
>>
>>
>>
>>94371672
>>
>>94370385
He got boring though, unstoppable and didn't have any character other than 'Kill em all' Saint of Killers had more depth
>>
>>
>>94371724
fair enough
>>
>>
>>
>>94370385
I liked all the Chaos stuff back in the day, especially Lady Death. With her it was about more than just violence and tits, she had cool battles and all kinds of ridiculous shit happened. I started reading because of the blood and whatnot but I stayed because of the characters and the writing.
>>
Now that I think about it, this Ernie is just a psychopathic Ghost Rider really....
>>
>>94371843

forgot image
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And then god gave Ernie the middle finger
>>
>>
>>94372059
I was feeling this then betwen this & that moment you opointed out where it went off the rails it lost me
>>
>>94372059
>>
>>
>>94372149
>>
>>94372084

This was ok, for a first volume anyway. It gets weirder in the later volumes and if you thought this jumped the shark oh boy wait until we get to Godeater
>>
That's it for tonight guys, hope you enjoyed the ride. Next on the list is Chaos 1-6, then Evil Ernie vol 2 and after all that Evil Ernie: Godeater
>>
bump for reading
>>
>>94372766
>>
>>94368420
>Trechery
Is that intentional? For fucks sake.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.