[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transfomers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 32

Is there a worse TF show than Beast Machines?
>>
>>94363554
Armada

/thread
>>
>>94363554
Energon.
>>
>>94363554
Some say Energon is the worst. While not a TV show, Kiss Players is universally damned by the fandom.
>>
>>94363663
Oh fuck off. Armada was great
>>
>>94363554
Energon was... amazingly bad.
>>
>>94363707
>some people answer the question, but let me present you with an alternative that completely ignores the question in order to present my knowledge of trivia
>>
>>94363554
>Beast Machines is bad meme

Has there ever been more of a "NOT MUH" retaliation than this show?
>>
>>94364515
TTG
>>
File: Sparkwar3_Cheetor_actionlines.jpg (49KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Sparkwar3_Cheetor_actionlines.jpg
49KB, 600x453px
Is there anything that Beast Machines did right?
Besides Cheetor.
>>
Energon and Combiner Wars
>>
>>94364660
To my knowledge it's the only Transformers show that was completely plotted out from beginning to end before the series even began. That sounds neat, on paper at least.
>>
>>94364515
Beast Machines isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it's not a good show either.

They never should have tried to juggle the "nature vs technology" and the "individual vs hive mind/identity" themes. The end result is proof enough that it was beyond writers' abilities to deliver.
They tried to make the plot "epic" and "deep" I guess, but fell flat on their faces.

They also had (mostly) Godawful character designs, and the bad habit of fucking up good characters when they did have them (I'm looking at Tankor and Jetstorm)

And those complaints have nothing to do with comparisons to Beast Wars
>>
>>94364660
Megatron.

Also, the Nightscream/Savage Noble subplot was actually good, start to finish
>>
>>94363753
No it wasn't. You just grew up with it. A few good episodes and some good characterization doesn't make the series as a whole great.
>>
>>94363663
Nigger how can you say Armada when it had 2 inferior sequels? I mean Energon fucking existed.
>>
Beast Machines or Energon seem to be the top picks for worst.
>>
File: 1493568828545.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493568828545.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>94364804
>those complaints have nothing to do with comparisons to Beast Wars
>They never should have tried to juggle the "nature vs technology" and the "individual vs hive mind/identity" themes.
>They also had (mostly) Godawful character designs, and the bad habit of fucking up good characters
>>
>>94364660
Honestly BM Cheetor was a mistake, too. he was never meant to be a leader. He wasn't mature enough; even at the end of bW he was still a pubescent teenager. Maybe its because the BW writers hated him(they sure went out of their way to make a joke of him or just outright ignore him as much as they could), but he never showed the qualities of a budding leader. They tried to make him a Hot Rod type, but even Hot Rod was bold, charismatic, and quick-witted before getting the matrix, if too rash for other people's own good. Cheetor was a coward and a follower, not a thinker at all. BM Cheetor might as well have been a different character; the character Hasbro wanted Cheetor to be in BW.

Rattrap showed better qualities as a leader. He should've taken a more proactive role in Rhinox's absence. Blackarachnia should've been the tech guy; she basically was in BW season 3. Cheetor should've had more time to grow.
>>
File: 1499791830364.gif (167KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499791830364.gif
167KB, 480x270px
>>94363554
>Even after all those shitty Transformers series that came before and after it people still consider Beast Machines worse because MUH BEAST WARS
>>
>>94363707
Honestly if not for the lolita stuff Kiss Players would've been praised by the wiki/AVP continuity dorks. Its amazingly fanwanky; with a bunch of references to various aspects of the mythos up until then, characters drawn in reference to their toy version, etc. It just also has lolis in erotic poses.
>>
>>94365142
>It just also has lolis in erotic poses.
I know, it's great.
>>
Why was RiD better than Armada?
>>
>>94363684
>>94363663

Kiss players, the first RID, the original cartoons were a bit stretched, anything where japan shoehorns moe-girls as plot relevant.

To be honest, Beast Wars and Beast Machines were my introduction to transformers, so nostalgia.
>>
>>94365057
Ok, I'll bite

How do those complaints have anything to do with BEast Wars?

They shouldn't have juggled two themes. Pick one or the other. They obviously couldn't handle both.

The designs were awful in and of themselves.

And if you'll notice, when I said "fucking up good characters when they had them" I mentioned Jetstorm and Tankor. Your only picking half of what I said to make it look like I'm saying "hey fucked up Beast Wars characers by changing them for Beast Machines!" Which I'm not. I'm saying that when Beast MAchines itself established a good character, they eventually ruined it
The fucked up Jetstorm by having Blackarachnia reformat him against his will. Silverbolt was never as entertaining as Jetstorm was
They fucked up Tankor by having all his brilliant plotting undone by a sudden need to be a gloating egomaniac at the 11th hour, which IMO felt OOC for what they had already established.
>>
>>94365267
Because Sky-Byte
>>
>>94365227
yes, I like it too.

I was honestly thinking of doing a series of "modern" Kiss players drawings using lolis introduced in the franchise since then. Sari, Izabella from TLK, Miko, etc. But I worry some crazed TF fans would try and get a cP charge on me.
>>
File: monkey.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.png
763KB, 1280x720px
>>94365286
>NOT MUH BEAST WARS
>>
>>94365389
Why would you make a sequel and tell the people making it not to watch the original show?
>>
Is TF Prime worth watching?
>>
>>94365495
No
>>
>>94365495
Not really.
>>
>>94365495
Yes
>>
>>94365495
Nope
>>
Any comments on Head Masters?
>>
>>94365495
Yes, but I don't think its very memorable or necssary. In a technical sense, its the best animated and written TF show. But its dull ina lot of ways, and doesn't feel like it adds anything really new to the mythos or is particularly defining, besides a few interesting new or reimagined characters.
>>
File: heckpuppy.jpg (44KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
heckpuppy.jpg
44KB, 960x960px
>>94365440
Not that poster, but you just reminded me that they did that.
Like, holy shit, what the hell were the execs thinking with that move?
>>
>>94365440
Maybe because they wanted to make the show stand on its own and not associate it with something so silly
>>
>>94365564
Prime should be given a F for completely wasting Peter Cullen.

Frank Welker was great though.
>>
File: CW-WebSeriesPoster.jpg (163KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CW-WebSeriesPoster.jpg
163KB, 800x1200px
>>94364681
a show so bad that even a g1 movie reference got slammed in the wiki.

for comparison, the bayverse using a g1 movie reference is considered a GOOD thing.
>>
Let's examine the defintion of "worse" here

Was Beast Machines well animated? I guess so

But people USUALLY hate Beast Machines for its designs, characterization, writing and plot.

Armada didn't have bad writing, it just made little to no effort to maintain quality, and the kids were unnecessary.

If I had to choose between watching Beast Machines again or watching Armada again, I'd go with Armada.
>>
>>94365745
Megatron was the only thing watchable in that.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>94365855
>Armada didn't have bad writing
>>
>>94365267
For the most part yes, but as shows they're not really comparable.

Car Robots was an episode-of-the-day style show that tried to keep things simple, as opposed to Armada trying to show some deep dark mystery that ultimately fell flat. RiD however was a less-than-decent localization, made even worse after the 9/11-induced edits.

Car Robots/RiD is more fun to watc at least.
>>
>>94365855
>But people USUALLY hate Beast Machines for its designs, characterization, writing and plot.
They usually hate it for not being Beast Wars 2.0 which isn't the same as being bad but then again they just shit on everything for not being Beast Wars even G1.
>>
>>94365938
But are you saying the designs, characterization, writing and plot WEREN'T bad?

I don't feel Beast Machines stands up on its own.
>>
>>94365122
Even discounting the fact that it was a followup on a popular TF show. On its own merits it's a pretty bad cartoon from the era. Just from the top of my head:
>ugly, terrible designs and animation
>needlessly edgy characters and motivations
>an environmental-type message that even Captain Planet would be embarrassed at
>slow, sometimes incomprehensible action due to the terrible lighting
>plot elements that are either rushed, not expanded upon or dropped outright

And as I said, that's before getting into the things that it ruined from Beast Wars. Sure Energon and Kiss Players may objectively be much, MUCH worse in comparison. But there's a reason BM is a bad show.

And hell, I'd argue it was of the forebearers for the state of crappy Canadian animation that shows like TDI and its kin would carry on.
>>
I hate what they did to Rhinox. Aside from that one episode he was forcibly turned evil in BW, he was always the reliable one who did the right thing. Fuck, he won the Beast Wars by flying a shuttle through the Nemesis. Why him?
>>
I liked the concept of megatron winning and fucking up cybertron and the good guys using guerrilla warfare to rescue all of the cybertronians but the characteriztion and theme exploration was pretty sloppy.

Optimus turning into a cult leader was pretty strange, and the entire "we must find a balance between the organic and technology, is the will of the oracle computer" was pretty weird too, what if the other cybertronians didnt want to become techno-organic? Them having beast modes was because of necessity, not because that was an upgrade.

Also the entire mission of turning Jetstorm and Tankor to their former selves was a big hypocrisy. They are totally different beings now, what right to they have to practically kill this being? What happened to the "rescuing lives" subplot?

Why Rhinox turned evil and megalomaniacal?
Why Rattrap turned into a coward again?

And why megatron hated organic life so much? where did this came from? was being a loser at the hands of a bunch of robots that turned into animals such a big trauma to him?
>>
>>94365968
Designs are subjective as fuck
Characterization goes back into NOT MUH
But you better try your damn hardest to convince me how the writing in Beast Machines is more offensive than any Transformers series. That is a huge tall order considering that this franchise is not known for its good writing.
>>
Why was Energon the worst? I dropped it early when it failed to do anything interesting.
>>
>>94365885
i like how they settled the gun vs tank debate on that one

"why not both?"
>>
>>94365989
>On its own merits it's a pretty bad cartoon from the era.

I mean, this was the era where NASCAR heroes was a thing, its not that fucking bad. And for fucks sake, he enviromental message isn't that bad. why do nerds get so ruffled over that stuff? They're not even telling you not to litter. BM's nature vs technology is so lofty as to not be relevant to real world environmentalism whatsoever.
>>
>>94366058
Unacceptable stiff and horrendous CG animation, terrible designs, new human somehow even less likeable than the last bunch combined, a plot that kept going nowhere, Rodimus, endless combination garbage.
>>
>>94363554
Beast Machines was all over the place, sure. It absolutely deserves a reboot that does the concept justice.

Though given Transformers is all about G1 wank now, that's not happening.
>>
File: Asimov.png (431KB, 623x625px) Image search: [Google]
Asimov.png
431KB, 623x625px
>>94365989
>ugly, terrible designs and animation
Dude fuck off. I can understand not liking the deigns but the animation was Mainframe at its peak in the 90's and still hold up better than it should
>needlessly edgy characters and motivations
Really? Even by EXTREME 90's stylings it was pretty tame.
>an environmental-type message that even Captain Planet would be embarrassed at
Hardly
>slow, sometimes incomprehensible action due to the terrible lighting
Do you have ADHD
>plot elements that are either rushed, not expanded upon or dropped outright
No worse than every other Transfromers series

>But there's a reason BM is a bad show.
Because its not Beast Wars 2 Electric Bugaloo instead its Neon Genesis Beast Wars?
>>
>>94366058
pretty much that.

show failed to make the core gimmicks of the toyline interesting.

energon weapons are a hassle to produce (in-universe) and only gives minutes if not seconds of usage and not that impressive even if used.

powerlinking has the same problems and looks goofy looking.
>>
>>94366168
>It absolutely deserves a reboot that does the concept justice.

No it doesn't. Beast Machines' story and concept is crap.
>>
File: IMG_6501.jpg (28KB, 583x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6501.jpg
28KB, 583x328px
>>94365360
DO IT ANON
>>
>>94365564
>In a technical sense, its the best animated and written TF show
>written TF show
How so? The writing was way below Animated level
>>
>>94365440
>>94365592
Reminder that the specific exec who ordered that was Dan Didio.
>>
>>94365855
>Armada didn't have bad writing, it just made little to no effort to maintain quality
>>
File: iczer_9370_100912_163228.jpg (359KB, 580x831px) Image search: [Google]
iczer_9370_100912_163228.jpg
359KB, 580x831px
>>94365360
do it.

also how would kiss players have fared if artists like masami obari did the art?
>>
>>94366201
>Really? Even by EXTREME 90's stylings it was pretty tame.
So depressed Rattrap or Rhinox changing sides because Megatron was right is not on the same level of other edgy stuff? Care to give an example of worse?
>No worse than every other Transfromers series
Again, can you name worse?
>Do you have ADHD
If I had ADHD, I wouldn't even be posting on this Much less to this post.
>Because its not Beast Wars 2 Electric Bugaloo instead its Neon Genesis Beast Wars?
I'm not going to say BW was a good series (it's incredibly mixed in tone and often times the humor parts were bad), but it handled its darker elements a smidgen better than its successor.

>>94366149
The problem is that they could have conveyed it better than Primal's near-terrorism level hatred for technology. Also, I didn't say BM was the single worst show there was at the time (I was there when NASCAR Racers was a thing, and Spider-Man Unlimited too). But it's not that good a show even if it isn't complete shit.
>>
>>94366741
>So depressed Rattrap or Rhinox changing sides because Megatron was right is not on the same level of other edgy stuff?
How is that edgy? Dinobot trying to commit sudoku is more edgy than that.
>Again, can you name worse?
Headmasters
>If I had ADHD, I wouldn't even be posting on this Much less to this post.
Yet you couldn't get through BM
>>
>>94365495
Only season 1. After that it's obvious that they had no idea where to go from there.
>>
>>94366829
>Yet you couldn't get through BM
I did, and I also got through the Bayformers films. And I can say that BM, while not nearly as incomprehensible visually, still has its fair share of dark-looking or choppily edited moments in it.
>Headmasters
I'll give you that. But I'd like an example on the Western front too.
>>
>>94364848
Yeeessssss
>>
Beast Machines fucked up real hard in the cast alone

Rattrap is true main character potential. His character arc is the most defined as he starts out in Beast Wars as a coward and grows to be more courageous even despite his weaker animal form as the show goes on. Rhinox was just Ratchet 2.0 in Elephant Skin. Cheetor is your typical arrogant hotshot who really doesn't change in anyway as he's definitely one of the stronger and more useful maximals. Rattrap is a runt that the world takes a step on. He's the one who deserves to get more powerful and he's the one who should be leading the team
>>
>>94367804
They fucked up every single character. Even Megatron was shit
>>
>>94367861
Yes but Rattrap is the single greatest character to come from the Transformers franchise

He's a goddamn rat. And then he becomes a goddamn rat with wheels
>>
>>94363554
Beast Machines is honestly a good show. The reason it sucks is because it's a shit sequel to Beast Wars. If it wasn't a sequel to Beast Wars it would probably be largely liked.

I prefer to think of it as a 'what if' sequel rather than an actual sequel.
>>
>>94367952
>Beast Machines is honestly a good show
No, it isn't. It sucks on its own merits, it just becomes truly awful when you add the context of Beast Wars.
>>
>>94363663
nice bait/10
>>
File: CombonerWars.jpg (241KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CombonerWars.jpg
241KB, 800x1200px
>>94365745

Why does Optimus have a goddamn boner on this cover so big it's pushing his entire crotch out of alignment?
>>
>>94364515
>Has there ever been more of a "NOT MUH" retaliation than this show?

That's like asking why people are pissed because they ordered a pizza and handed a salad instead

Fuck off, fans reserve the right to demand products that actually want to support and put money into
>>
>people actually defending BM

kek
>>
the comics
>>
Not a show but The Beast Within is super awful.
>>
>>94365661
I find the mere idea that you could consider BW 'silly' certainly it had it's silly moments, but on the whole? Across it's entire life? It most certainly was not.
>>
>>94371789
Nostalgia
>>
>>94363554
Prime
>optimus has no emotions
>useless human allies
>ow the edge the series
>>
>>94374408
>ow the edge the series
Beast Machines was ow the edge the series. Prime was "I want to be taken seriously: the series"
>>
Energon > BM
>>
>>94374408
>>94374602

funny how two shows having vehicons have two different approaches to them.

one has them as a threat out of sheer numbers (they can waste a few but will eventually fall) the other has them more of a nuisance even with the numbers.
>>
>>94363554
That's a funny way to spell transformers prime.
>>
File: this kills the nostalgia.jpg (121KB, 790x574px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the nostalgia.jpg
121KB, 790x574px
I'll just leave this gloriously dated page here.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/rampagesdomain/RampagesDomain.html
>>
>>94374408
>>94375820
Prime is bland and boring not "bad"
>>
>>94365495
Yes, but go in for the voice-acting and character work
>>
>>94375786
>one has them as a threat out of sheer numbers (they can waste a few but will eventually fall) the other has them more of a nuisance even with the numbers.
Which is which?
>>
At least BM had some ambition and wasn't lazy as fuck.
>>
>>94376242
I am surprised they have not gone under.
>>
>>94377566
BM (good vehicons)
Prime (bad vehicons)
>>
I am tired of people bitching and moaning about this series. It took RISKS. It wasn't just another rehash of the G1 plot. It was a series that took place on Cybertron away from all the human shit that fans begged for. The series gave the most distinct look to the Transformers unique to their own, with a sinister Megatron that no other incarnation ever became as successful.
>>
>>94379227
>It took RISKS
You get no credit for "taking risks" if the result is shit. Fuck Beast Machines.
>>
>>94363554
I loved that there was a plantformer. I'll forever be salty that the concept was never expanded upon. That one character suggested more interesting things about the universe than the entirety of Prime did.
>>
question:

say the maximals kept their BW characterizations but everything still unfolds exactly the way it happens (the oracle, vector sigma, rhinox and silverbolt brainwashed) how much different would it be from what we got?

i mean people complain about rattrap falling into a depression enough to ally with megatron for a night but how would his BW self deal with the whole "no legs" thing?
>>
>>94379227
>It took RISKS
What a risks? Being edgy and "dark"?

>The series gave the most distinct look to the Transformers unique to their own
That was Animated

>with a sinister Megatron that no other incarnation ever became as successful.
That was Animated Megatron
>>
>>94371563
And what about the fans that liked it?
>>
>>94379227
There's taking risks, and then there's pissing on the third rail of a train track for the hell of it, which is what Beast Machines did by dumb moves such as writers being told to not watch the series they were making a sequel to.
>>
>>94380224
people will call them out for having bad taste or not being a true fan.

sad really that you can't just like both or even BM over BW.

in some ways the g1 abuse BW fans got are being done unto the BM fans.
>>
>>94380183
Not to rain on your parade, I love Animated and certainly do not love BM, but BM Megatron is infinitely more successful than Animated Megatron. Animated Megatron was a bit of a putz.
>>
>>94379091
Tripod is still online as well.

I wonder if sometimes all these places are only up because people forgot to unplug the servers.
>>
File: drone.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
drone.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>94380424
being stuck in an organic transformer or a drone not halting his stride is a definite + to his character.
>>
>>94367804
I like BM, but what they made of Rattrap is inexcusable. A total regression as character that forgets his development in BW.
>>
>>94380583
The only characters that really kept their development were Cheetor and Blackarachnia. I guess a case could be made for Optimus, but... it was a bit of an odd direction.
>>
>>94371426
Because he's coming august 2nd
>>
>>94376242
I want to go back to webzones. Internet in 2017 is boring
>>
the new series in 2018 and 2019
>>
>>94380750
Most of these services are still up, anon.

And the change starts with YOU.

Or there's NeoCities which is a bit more modern.
>>
from investor's meeting today...
>>
>>94380424
How was BM Megatron "successful" His "victories" were pure bad writing.
>>
>>94381317
>it doesn't count because I don't like it!

Okay anon.
>>
>all those Beast Machines fags
Man, this board has the worst taste
>>
>>94383374
It had such excessive and garbage humor. How could anyone like it?
>>
>>94376700
Bland and boring is bad.
If you can somehow turn giant transforming robots from outer space fighting other giant transforming robots into something bland and boring that's bad. Seriously how do you fuck up like that?
>>
>>94367804
>>94367861
>>94367908
>>94368813
>>94371563
>>94371789
>>94379303
>>94380183
>>94380242
>NOT MUH

Every fucking time
>>
>>94383418
>It had such excessive and garbage humor
So did Beast Wars
>>
>>94367804
>Rhinox was just Ratchet 2.0 in Elephant Skin.

He's more spiritual and laid back. But I see where you're coming from.

>Cheetor is your typical arrogant hotshot who really doesn't change in anyway as he's definitely one of the stronger and more useful maximals.

Haha, NOOOO. Cheetor is a joke on the show. He's constantly failing and having to get rescued. In season 2 he starts to get a bit of a cowardly side. He constantly gets tricked and one upped. The writers almost went out of there way to shit on him, its great.
>>
>>94385138
>not arguments
Every fucking time
>>
>>94385274
>This is not my Rattrap!
>This is not my Rhinox
>This is not my Primal
>Everything sucks and if you like it your tastes are bad

This is what it's like dealing with BWfags folks
>>
>>94385158
I actually misread the post, swore to god I saw him saying Beast Wars, then again I did hate both.
>>
>>94379382
>i mean people complain about rattrap falling into a depression enough to ally with megatron for a night but how would his BW self deal with the whole "no legs" thing?

He infiltrated his own base that was equipped with an advanced AI in beast mode back in Season 1 of BW. He'd muscle through it.
>>
>>94385514
What TF series do you even like fag? Tell me so I can tell you they are shit.
>>
>>94365267
It gave us what amounted to Optimus' evil son in Scourge.
>>
>>94385188
>out of there way

*out of their way
>>
>>94380183
>What a risks?
>>
>>94373464
>it had it's silly moments

*it had its silly moments
>>
>>94371563
>because they ordered a pizza and handed a salad instead

*because they ordered a pizza and were handed a salad instead
>>
File: hah.jpg (77KB, 804x646px) Image search: [Google]
hah.jpg
77KB, 804x646px
>>94364530
>>
reminder there are now literal trans-formers
>>
>>94366201
>Because its not Beast Wars 2 Electric Bugaloo instead its Neon Genesis Beast Wars?

*Because it's not Beast Wars 2 Electric Bugaloo instead it's Neon Genesis Beast Wars?
>>
File: BMtoy-PrimalMega.jpg (87KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
BMtoy-PrimalMega.jpg
87KB, 700x375px
Beast Machines is just gross. Were the late 90s/early 2000s a good era for any medium?
>>
>>94394353
Not relevant to the thread and also not the first transgender transformers

git gud
>>
>>94396277
>BMfags defend THAT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: g1-ironhide-g1-robot.jpg (144KB, 1000x1157px) Image search: [Google]
g1-ironhide-g1-robot.jpg
144KB, 1000x1157px
>>94396322
>>
>>94396277
>>94396322
Dubs gods agree, BM was not good
>>
>>94364660

Jetstorm and Thrust were cool
>>
File: Optimusprimaltoyultraape.jpg (116KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
Optimusprimaltoyultraape.jpg
116KB, 900x470px
>>94396430
As shitty as G1 Ironhide is, there is a reason for it.
The toys were made before the show, and weren't necessarily even all made by the same people, they were just random transforming robot toylines in Japan that got scooped up and made into the Transformers. Combine this with the fact that it was in fact the 80s, and action figures were still largely static.....FOR THE TIME Transformers were still quite innovative, probably some of the most for sure.

Compare that to the late 90s, toys have come a long fucking way, Beast Wars being a good example of toy engineering and quality improving drastically, and then you get stuff like that Primal, there was no excuse for those shit designs man

They took from the worst BW stuff like TM2 Cheetor, just take an animal, stand it up and switch the head, LAME, the original big sized Primal was a better toy than the one that came out nearly a decade later

And sure, the less show accurate BM Primal is BETTER (like all the non show accurate toys are, Tankor, Jetstorm, etc, goes to show how awful the Beast Machines show designs were) it still wasn't THAT good, would have been a lesser Beast Wars toy even still
>>
>>94396595
>>94396595
Nearly half a decade*

Also, I wanted to mention that the pictured Primal is similar in it's transformation but it just works a hundred times better, it still manages to feel and look like two different toys in one, the point of Transformers

Another reason the designs, or at least the Maximal designs, of BM were an interesting but ultimately not good choice. Both modes just always end up looking like vaguely "cyber" animal mutants, no real sense of robot mode and ___ mode
>>
>>94396595
TM2 wasn't just standing an animal up and switching the heads, you had to do a whole torso shift and waist twist as well.

On a simiIar topic, I actually went through all the BW toys a while ago and the ONLY ones that used the animal's front legs as arms and the animal's back legs as legs were all three Primal toys and TM2 Cheetor. Everyone else had new limbs coming out of the body or the front/back limbs being switched around for robot mode.
>>
>>94396689
>TM2 wasn't
TM2 Cheetor wasn't*
>>
>>94396686
i once said to another message board that the BM designs are too complex only to have someone "look at the tv accurate happy meal toys"

how would non-vehicon BM designs fare with today's toy technology? outside of tankor, the last stab was titanium cheetor yes?
>>
File: Untitled.png (772KB, 977x555px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
772KB, 977x555px
>>94396595
>TM2 Cheetor, just take an animal, stand it up and switch the head, LAME
Confirmed for never owning TM2 Cheetor.
>>
>>94363554

Armada Energon Cybertron , i delete all of them after watching 2 episode . waste of my time .
>>
>>94396940
>turn waist 180 degrees
>rear legs are robot legs
>belly of cat becomes belly of robot
>front arms become arms
>SWITCH
>HEADS

Way to prove his point.
>>
>>94397087
someone post the broadside sandwich pic
>>
>>94397087
It's actually
>Stand rear legs up
>rotate at waist
>open chest panels
>fold in cheetah head
>fold cheetah lower back over cheetah head to become robot stomach
>flip out robot head
>close panels
>position shoulder joints up
>>
File: BeastWars_TransmetalCheetor.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BeastWars_TransmetalCheetor.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>94396940
There are (very few) other steps involved, but that is essentially the same mode in both forms, one is just standing upright and had a different head

It doesn't help that both modes are also visually just an oddly humanoid werecat

Now, TM1 Cheetor? That was a better toy in most ways, and it is not perfect either
>>
>>94397185
i know kenner did the BW toys (acquired by hasbro) but was the BM toys handled by a different department?
>>
>>94397185
>but that is essentially the same mode in both forms, one is just standing upright and had a different head
>It doesn't help that both modes are also visually just an oddly humanoid werecat
neither of these were in dispute
>There are (very few) other steps involved
this was, and you're taking my correct side on it.
>>
>>94397185
The only flaw with TM Cheetor is that the chest flap and robot arms don't lock into place in beast mode
>>
>>94396852
>how would non-vehicon BM designs fare with today's toy technology?

Better toys could certainly be made, but it wouldn't solve the issue of the designs being very unappealing to a lot of people in the first place
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1476x621px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1476x621px
>>94397185
now in cherry and grape flavoura!
>>
>>94397287
>Make fancy new decos for show characters well after their appearances on the show
>don't make the alternate decos they had on the show
>>
>>94397249
Yeah the floppy cat head/robot arms was always an issue for me, plus while his head sculpt is great it's ruined for me by the mouth, just was never a fan of that single row of GIANT BLUE TEETH
>>
>>94397442
It just means toy bio universe TM Cheetor is a 90's extreme badass
>>
>>94364905
Everyone knows that Cybertron was better than both Armada and Energon.
>>
File: 0906-bm-tf-tankor20[1].jpg (164KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0906-bm-tf-tankor20[1].jpg
164KB, 1600x1200px
This motherfucker walks up to your Beast Wars toys and slaps their ass while saying there's no toy as good as him.

What do you say? Keep in mind he's Mega class with spinning buzzsaws on his arms, a firing missile, and TWO lightpiped scanning eyes.
>>
>>94397287
>Armada Cheetor
That thing is so G2 Decepticon looking it's beautiful, nothing says early 90s like purple, lime green, bright red and orange

Also, the orange thruster extension..whatever it's supposed to be is a tiny, but brilliant addition to the look of it, I kind of with the original toy had that part colored red to match the eyes

>>94397512
Yeah I'm fine with that I've never been a stickler for show accuracy or anything like that and I'm all for robots with mean faces, it's just the execution of it...I know there's kind of an indentation that gives the impression that he indeed has two rows of teeth but it's not deep enough and to me always looked like he wad one fuckhuge row of top TMNT style teeth that were weirdly all dented in the middle, an autistic gripe
>>
>>94397989
As a BM hater, that Tankor is one of the few toys from the line I absolutely love, I still have my childhood one chilling on a table in my bedroom.

Though, if there is one complaint I can make it's the legs, only really one way to get him to stand up unless you position those logs in a super awkward way like is pictured there, but once again a minor gripe, badass looking figure still

WAY cooler than the show accurate version
>>
File: cheetor6.gif (87KB, 547x532px) Image search: [Google]
cheetor6.gif
87KB, 547x532px
>>94397282
don didn't think so
>>
>>94398223
>the best toy in the entire Titanium line
>was fucking Cheetor

That's when you know you've screwed up royal.
>>
File: 1500143588302.jpg (40KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1500143588302.jpg
40KB, 500x738px
i finally see a thread that talks about armada for more than two (yous) and its ALL ABOUT IS ITS OBVIOUS FLAWS
>>
>>94398894
sucks but that's how it goes (too many flaws outweigh the good)

then again i do remember people complaining "not muh starscream" a while ago (different thread) about one of the few good things about armada.
>>
>>94396277
The entire Beast Wars era of Transformers kinda sucked at the time. Beast Wars was a good series, but there was too many disappointing shell formers and ugly transformations with shit just randomly hanging off characters.

It was kinda jarring seeing no regular transformers after Generation 2 ended. All we had was Beast Wars and Animorphs. And Beast Machines was so bad I only bought two figures from the series.
>>
>>94398255
What's wrong with cheetor?
>>
>>94399133
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Machine_Wars
>>
>>94399196
I had Sandstorm and Soundwave from that line and like one other. It was some what of a half assed attempt when they did those. I barely saw any of them as a kid. All the good toylines were off the shelves around 1997. Transformers and GI Joe were dead at that point. And I think all we had around then was Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation. It was a real dark period where there was nothing good out there but fucking Marvel figures.
>>
File: Official image.jpg (57KB, 478x323px) Image search: [Google]
Official image.jpg
57KB, 478x323px
>>94363554
That 2006 Japanese radio drama involving magical girls.
>>
File: polar.jpg (488KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
polar.jpg
488KB, 800x797px
>>94399133
>but there was too many disappointing shell formers
Can't argue with that to be honest, but even the shelltastic/kibbletastic little basics didn't look too bad to me, the same way G1 figures had some with doors sticking out of their backs (think Smokescreen/Prowl) or giant wings that weren't needed for flight but just there because of transformation (The Seekers) you had the same thing, only with animal parts

I mean in Transformers this is kind of a given, but how often does it look really bad (Rattrap) as opposed to kind of making sense for Transformers aesthetic (Terrorsaur, despite not being show accurate) ?

Also, the show sometimes made use of these beast parts which was always cool to see, like Tarantulas using his spider legs on his arms as guns

>and ugly transformations with shit just randomly hanging off characters.
G1 had this too, it was probably just jarring because it was animal parts as opposed to mechanical parts, but early on especially they tried to remedy this at times, like a good example of what you mean I can think of was Polar Claw, he just had polar bear arms hanging off his shoulders....but they also implemented gimmicks, one of them could launch out a robotic claw (seemingly a useless weapon but still cool like many TF weapons over the years) and the other one could deploy a "bat drone" in the form of a launchable self transforming missile or could alternately serve as a hand held but weird "bat gun", which was cool

Also, while Beast Wars wasn't my introduction to Transformers I was still a kid when it came out, so I also didn't have too hard of a time just imagining a lot of the stuff as just being armor or something, so there's that.
>>
>>94399425
has anyone actually sit down and listened to what the drama said?

wiki only has the barest of summaries of what's going on.
>>
It's me or there is seem to be a common theme of Transfromers shows ending way before they should?

Like Animated was supposed to have another season and Prime was supposed to continue to this day and so on?

It really seems to me that the TF franschise has never been allowed to flourish properly.
>>
>>94399300
>And I think all we had around then was Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation.
As a kid who was primarily into collecting TF stuff, I never saw the appeal of TMNT toys even if I liked the media...they just seemed like cheap static figurines with limited options for posing or playing, was never a fan of the toyline

>Transformers and GI Joe were dead at that point.
G.I. Joe was, but Transformers was doing better than TMNT I would argue, Beast Wars and by proxy Transformers, was more popular than TMNT at the time.
>>
>>94399462
I can't find a copy, but I read the translated manga

The majority of it was bad but not completely terrible, and does better when you understand what they are trying to do with the series. It came across as a b-rated magical girl series to me.

However two things killed it for me. The forced sexual situations which were not needed, like some poorly hidden fan service for very sick people. And the big reveal near the end. when you find out the good girls were tricked into helping the big bad the whole time which felt like gut punch from a different genre.
>>
>>94399748
Animated yes, Prime no. Prime was outstaying its welcome well before it ended.
>>
>>94399748
The problem is that people always end shows on a cliffhanger in order to try get another season. Even Beast Wars was setting up for Season 4 before they hurried in an ending in the last few episodes.
>>
What is general opnion on Prime Megatron here?
>>
>>94399760
>Prime was outstaying its welcome well before it ended.
It only lasted three seasons, and a lot of the issues fans of it have can be attributed to the third one, in which case the cancellation was seemingly the cause of those issues since it felt rushed as hell.
>>
File: help him.png (393KB, 945x622px) Image search: [Google]
help him.png
393KB, 945x622px
>>94399861
Starscream and Knockout should have called childline sooner
>>
>>94399861
I liked him, he was like Bay Megatron who really didn't have any issues character wise, but was more competent and threatening

Bayverse Megatrons only issue is that he has been treated like a bitch after the first movie
>>
>>94399887
Oh fuck no, it was the second season that completely tanked the quality of the show. Concepts that should have been slow burning were concluded in a flash and the same old relic hunt kept happening over and over again.

>Airachnid's army not only didn't last an episode after it was introduced, but it had to share that episode with TWO OTHER PLOTS
>>
>>94400391
Idk I kinda liked it that Megatron had 10 different problems happening to him in that episode but yeah the insect army shouldn't have ended there
>>
>>94363554
Beast Machines is shit vs. BW but is a solid series. Especially compared to Unicorn Trilogy.

It's also better than G1, Prime, and the original Robots in Disguise
>>
>>94400615
>It's also better than G1, Prime
It's not, it doesn't have the charm or whimsy of G1 and doesn't have the fines of Prime. G1 is silly at times, but it's a thoroughly enjoyable and fun ride for those of us with a sense of humor and managed to tell a pretty epic tale even with all the 80s insanity and cheese, meanwhile Prime is more style over substance, there are lots of obvious flaws in the series but it had style out the ass, it was fun to watch just from a visual standpoint and offered melodrama you could get behind even if it never really payed off

Beast Machines was not only joyless, no fun, and canonically butchered pre existing characters from an established universe, but it was also ASS ugly to watch and had a plot that made no sense for Transformers and not a single character was sympathetic no matter how hard they tried to make it so, it was just shit on every level

>the original Robots in Disguise
At least it had more toys worth buying, and a lot of them were repaints
>>
>>94363554

Headmasters is actually pretty awful. If we're not talking about Japan, the early RID stuff is cringy.

You can only hear Fixit suck up - cuck up - I meant FUCK UP an expression so many times before you actively wish for him to die.
>>
>>94396322

I don't have to defend it. I like it. You don't.

>>94396940

Dude. Why do you do this? Now I have to switch positions mid-post.

Because that... that's just unacceptable.

>>94397989

I say I agree. But it's an unfair advantage: he has a simple vehicle mode.
>>
>>94380790
>>94380819
There is a thread for it:

>>94392167
>>94392167
>>94392167
>>
>>94399758
pretty much has the g gundam finale twist (the sane military guy helping you turns out to be the big bad).

honestly, that's the thing that interests me.

who knows what would've happened if the art matches their actual age.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.