[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shade the Changing Girl Storytime #11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 29

>>
>>
>>
>>
Bump, picked up my copy today. Why aren't you supporting Loma anon?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94352170
No cash Anon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94352631
Loma is pure.
>>
>>
>>
Alright thats it won't be doing Cyborg since I have school stuff to do, I hope you guys enjoyed. If you guys did like it remember to support and buy. Have a good day/night /co/ and Prepare for the shitstorm when Voltron comes out. Cheers.
>>
>>94352922
Thanks Lantern.
>>
thanks OP. I don't know what it is about this series but it ticks all my boxes
>>
>>94352607
>>94352631
Still can't get over the fact that's she's pregnant WITH her ex boyfriend

>>94352791
>>94352824
>>94352842
This too was also great
>>
>>94354935
I clearly missed an issue. I assumed the baby was the murderghost of "herself".
>>94352036

Thanks for storytiming
>>
>>94355202
I'm pretty sure that the baby is from the Megan-Ghost. When she is explained what sex is for humans, she says that she did not do that with Wes
>>
>>94352036

You know, I was expecting to dismiss this book as more social pandering but the issues I've skimmed didn't come across that way.

Its different, and ultimately I don't think this male oldfag is the target audience, but its not inherently bad. Its like I wandered into the teen romance section of B&N.

Unlike Marvel's pandering books that bizarrely seem to be targeted at the typical comicbook reader but the message is non-stop bashing those very readers. Guess its for self-hating progressives or something.

Wasp or Riri written by the Shade author might've been an interesting read. Again, probably not for me, but interesting for *someone* at least.
>>
>>94352036
How many issues, it kinda seems to be heading towards its conclusion?

Also thanks for the story time.
>>
>>94355414
I think the thing is right from the outset Shade was different from stuff like America or Mockingbird or whatever in 1) the writer is good and 2) they know they're writing a comic book, not a novel. And it's just way +#more trippy as a premise than any of those are + you feel much more invested in the characters than their talking points.

I would love to see this team on more stuff - it feels like such a great fusion of artist and writer and colourist - but I'd like to see their individual work too.
>>
>>94352036
>shade the changing man

execs and SJW lunatics they hire who have no expertise or integrity: "Make her a GIRL"

yeah ok, but shouldn't she be shade the changing woman? What the fuck is wrong with these people. They try not to be fuck ups and then they fuck up.
>>
>>94356776
Shade, the Changing Woman was already in Milligan's 1990s run.
Plus, this is explicitly about a teenager's body.
>>
>>94356599
Issue #12 is the last solicited, and it is going on hiatus until it crosses over with something later in the year. It might be cancelled because the contents of the second trade contain the crossover (not solicited by DC yet but is up on the Edleweiss site), and the second trades for everything else do not contain that extra issue.
>>
>>94358230
I hope this doesn't get canceled so early. It's easily my favorite of all the Young Animal books.
>>
>>94352036
This was great, maybe my favorite issue of the series so far.
>>
>>94352416
Oh shit rac is coming back
>>
>>94352036
Anyone got a link to the last storytime? I think I missed it.
>>
>>94356776
I don't get what you're saying. This has little to no relation to the original Shade.

It's called Shade the Changing Girl because she's a teenage girl.
>>
>>94356776
It's not a gender swap dude, it's a whole new character and it's supposed to be a "teen" book. like what >>94355414 said.
>>
>>94360860
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/93695283/#93695283
>>
>>94352320

august 2nd 2017
>>
>>94358230
Really fucking hope it doesn't get cancelled.
>the contents of the second trade contain the crossover
How many issues will the crossover be? Is every YA title going to have the same crossover issues in their trade? Seems odd to me. Got a link?
>>
File: Milk.jpg (212KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Milk.jpg
212KB, 780x1200px
>>94361716
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/07/21/sdcc-dc%E2%80%99s-young-animal-meets-the-dc-universe-in-special-crossover-annuals

>Today, during DC’s Young Animal panel, imprint curator Gerard Way made comic dreams come true by announcing that the weird and eccentric characters of Young Animal will encounter the iconic Super Heroes of the DC Universe. In January 2018, the four ongoing series – DOOM PATROL, SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL, CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE, MOTHER PANIC – will participate in a special four-part annual crossover.
>These annuals will mark the conclusion of the first phase of the imprint and will send each series in surprising new directions!
>Fans attending the panel were elated to be treated to a first look of DOOM PATROL SPECIAL featuring the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. This issue will be co-written by Way and Steve Orlando with illustrations by ACO and cover art by Frank Quitely. More details on the other annuals will be shared in the coming months.
The Shade, the Changing Girl vol. 2 description is:
>Collects SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL #7-13.
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=5&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4202187&org=&sku=1401275451
>>
>>94361807
Meanwhile the Mother Panic Vol. 2 says:
>Collects issues #7-12 of this brand-new series from Jody Houser (Faith) with art by Shawn Crystal (ARKHAM MANOR)!
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=31&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4202187&org=&sku=1401277683
Doom Patrol:
>The spirit of Grant Morrison’s groundbreaking DOOM PATROL is captured in this debut series starring the cult-favorite misfits as a part of Gerard Way’s new Young Animal imprint. Collects issues #7-12.
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=78&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4202187&org=&sku=1401275001
Cave Carson:
>This newest volume of the hit DC’s Young Animal series is here with CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE VOL. 2! Collects issues #7-12.
http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?sequence=11&group=catalog&mailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4202187&org=&sku=1401277470
>>
>>94355202
i was wondering what that last page in issue six was trying to imply, but jesus. megan made herself pregnant just to be reborn through her own body. this comc is so fucked up.
>>
>>94355414
>You know, I was expecting to dismiss this book as more social pandering but the issues I've skimmed didn't come across that way.
>Unlike Marvel's pandering books that bizarrely seem to be targeted at the typical comicbook reader but the message is non-stop bashing those very readers. Guess its for self-hating progressives or something.
what are you even trying to say here? why would you just assume it was social pandering?
>>
Boop
>>
>>94352465
God fuck Teacup. You deserved all the abuse you got before the series started.
>>
>>94359803
It's easily my favorite book right now published by any of the big two.
>>
Did the bodyjacker just get body jacked?
>>
>>94365085
Nah, she just traded up.
>>
>enemy learns the face of body stealers stolen face
>right as she changes bodies
Yeah, that's how these things usually go. F for old actress.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.