[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generations Hulk: Banner/Cho Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 36

The first view of Marvel's Generations and it's my favorite character, but can Marvel make this good?
>>
>>
>>94351471
So whats the idea behind this generations stuff?
>>
>>
>>94351520
Basically Marvel's trying to show off how their previous characters are still used and liked by them, but still showing off their new characters
>>
>>94351563
Better then nothing I guess.
>>
>>
>>
>>94351522
Ok, it's just retarded
Guess they'll do same shit with every other dead original character
>>
>>
>>94351636
Wait is he really still dead?
Oh right old version. Of course he ain't back.
>>
>>94351520
It is a time travel story that isn't a time travel story
>>
>>94351651
Well the thing is, almost every character they have in Marvel has a younger, newer version of them playing off of their legacy, which I imagine will also tie into Marvel Legacy
>>
>>94351651
>Hulk never holds back
But what about the super math that makes sure civilians are never hurt?
>>
>>94351695
God that was embarrassing.
>>
>>
>>94351471
>Banner Hulk
Why not just call him "Incredible Hulk"?
Your using adjectives for Cho, just do it
>>
>>94351694
Legacy is what they are calling the next reboot to make it seem like they are going back to the old characters right?
>>
They gotta differentiate between the two, but I admit Incredible Hulk would sound better
>>
>>94351718
Calling it. Banner is going to Job to Cho.
>>
>>
>>94351471
I legit forget this was happening. And why release it in the middle of Secret Empire?

>>94351732
Legacy is just a rebranding. Nothing is changing apart from a return to original numbering and 3-4 new books.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94351832
>"And maybe have a stroke or something"
>Cho beats it in front of Banner
>>
Reminder

>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
>>
>>
>>94351874
Would probably be better then this.
>>
>>
>>94351655
Banner came back briefly during Secret Wars.
>>
>>94351911
Well he died after that, during Civil War II
>>
>>94351883
Si the new legacy heroes are going to be the inspiration for the originals?
>>
wasn't asrar drawing this
>>
>>94351910
Neat.
>>
>>94351655
Banner was ressurected in Secret Empire, but had Ultimate text for some reason.
>>
>>
>>94351911
>>94351942
Fuck, I meant he came back briefly during Secret Empire.
>>
>>94351960
>>94351970
Wait really? I'm not reading Secret Empire but when does that happen?
>>
>>94351960
is ultimate Hulk .. the Ultimates and Ultimate X-men are in the 616 working for Maker
>>
>>94351989
ultimate hulk is gray
>>
>>94351986
#5.

>>94351989
Its the Banner who remembers being killed by Hawkeye, so its very likley 616.
>>
>>94351788
>And why release it in the middle of Secret Empire?
Because SE is getting delayed and this HAS to be released before Legacy and Legacy's already been solicited and advertised

A mess as usual
>>
>>94351758
I haven't read Amadeus' Hulk book yet but I like him here. It's like everything he does he's calculating the best way to be a superhero, as if it's what he's been waiting for and he's not gonna wanna screw it up.
>>
>>94351986
#6, Cap gets ready to raid the heroes's hideout and is meeting with a recently resurrected Banner. It's temporary and Cap tries to convince Banner to do it. Banner refuses, but didn't realize Cap was appealing to the Hulk and he promptly transforms.
>>
When does this take place for Bruce exactly?
>>
>>
>>94352022
>>
>>94352047
>A mess as usual
With how often they do this sort of shit you would think they would be good at it by now.
>>
>>94352092
Maker's Hulk is the Grey version.
>>
>>94352092
>>
>>94352092
and how many gray ones did you skip till that picture
>>
>>94351695
Pak forgot his own idea?
>>
>>
>>94352092
Come on man, a story is being dumped.
>>94352120
>>94352136
To be fair, Ultimate Hulk was green until he mixed the his version of the Super Soldier Serum with the original. Started off green, went gray for the rest of his existence.
>>
>>94352065
Totally Awesome Hulk is pretty decent most of the time (even during CW2), but he has an issue where he's treated like a dumb jock in other books.
He does tend to have issues with arrogance and stuff but it's more natural in his own book.
>>
>>94352184
Thanks anon
>>
>>94352169
Oh this should be good.
>>
>>94351989
I'm pretty sure it's 616 since he remembers being in the Avengers and being killed.
>>
>>94352201
>they woke it up with the bombing.
I can't decide if that is awesome or dumb.
I am gonna go with awesome.
>>
>>94352198
That's why I liked Totally Awesome Hulk and the concept of it because a Hulk should be based on a personality, which for Cho would be being a smart, arrogant teenager
>>
>>
>>
>>94352256
Personality and repression, yeah
Makes sense that Cho has to keep himself in check given how much more intelligent he is than almost everyone else on Earth. When he goes green that restraint vanishes.
>>
>>
This art is ass
>>
>>
>>
>>94352198
The books has been pretty decent lately I'm enjoying the Weapon X crossover but it seems like no one else is reading it.
>>
>>94352404
I want to read that story but I found out about it so late, I think I just might wait for the trade
>>
>>
>>94352404
That's good to hear, man. The good bit, not the no-one-talking bit
>>
>>
>>94352424
I feel like this should've been Grey Hulk talking.
>>
>>94352466
Early Hulk could speak.
>>
>>94352461
YES FUCKING CHO IS OVER .... AND BANNER IS GOING TO RETURN ONE DAY
>>
This might be the first thing I've read Cho Hulk in where he was actually compelling and not annoying. Is he like this in his own book?
>>
Oh this shit is already out? Guess I'll give it a read. Any others?
>>
>>94352424
You totally should, it's been pretty good so far. It feels kind of like a 90's crossover.
>>
And that's it. The first viewing about what Marvel Generations has to offer. Honestly it's the same quality of a regular Totally Awesome Hulk issue, which is decent but nothing too special. I'd pick it up if it weren't $5.
>>
>>94352498
Yeah. His own book is (usually) pretty damned good. Crossovers and team books are a mixed bag
>>
>>94352498
>Is he like this in his own book?

Yeah. His book is pretty underrated.
>>
>>94352498
Yeah I can understand if Champions puts a bad taste in peoples mouth though.
>>
So in the end they turned Cho into just like any other "I AM ANGRY THIS IS A CURSE REEEEE" Hulk.

Even She-Hulk's currently in this state. It's bullshit.
>>
>>94352602
>how dare they make the hulk a hulk
This is a good thing.
>>
>>94352602
Have you been reading his solo? He's been avoiding the gift as a curse since the first issue. The Hulk in the backseat thing. It's been an underlying theme the entire time. He's been trying his hardest to hold back what being the Hulk really means.
>>
>>94351471
>In this issue Cho lectures Banner on how to be a better Hulk while Banner eats hot garbage
Really doodles the noodles.
>>
>>94351986
>a perfectly assembled hamburger
>in the garbage

Press X to Doubt.
>>
>>94352690
And then it turns out Cho was wrong. Fucking finish the issue dumbass.
>>
>>94352620
>>94352602
Well, I've always felt that a good Hulk story should explore the psyche about whoever the Hulk is in the book. Just having the Hulk be sad because it's a "curse" can be fine, but boring. Have the characters try to turn it into a positive like Cho did but still have some problems with it. Hell, Banner had this in the late 80s and 90s. It's all about character progression, and Cho accepting the belief that the Hulk is a curse can be fine, especially with what >>94352644 said. Him saying that for 5+ issues is just boring.
>>
>>94351989
>>94351960
He used Ultimate text and after the "time ran out" on Elisa's spell, he turned grey and passed out. Also, 616 Banner's body was cremated.

Seems like they got Ultimate Hulk's body then Elisa did a spell to inject 616 Hulk's soul into the body for a limited amount of time. That of course raises the question of how the fuck they got Ultimate Hulk's body.
>>
>>94352749
Event magic. I ain't got to explain shit.
>>
>>94352354
Yep.
>>
>>94352461
gotta give them credit for not making the story about how cho is SO much better than banner. i doubt the rest of the books will be this respectful of the original
>>
>>94351471
>>94351491
Anyone else have a hard time getting into the story due to its lack of context?
>>
>>94352749
>That of course raises the question of how the fuck they got Ultimate Hulk's body.
Bendis didn't know how Secret Wars worked and didn't care. In Jessica Jones there are refugees from the Ultimate Universe and apparently Incursions were some huge government secret despite everyone knowing about them in literally every other book. But yeah, now the refugee thing is being pushed to other books. In X-Men: Blue it's being handled decently, don't know if it shows up anywhere else.
>>
>>94351520
The new character/diversity push, barring one or two exceptions cratered hard. This is them pulling back a little, but not exactly rebirth level.

>>94351576
one of the complaints is that they spent zero groundwork setting up a lot of these changes, as opposed to say Captain Falcon or Rhodey, so this is sort of a little retroactive character building, I guess.

>>94351636
The creatives haven't changed, so if they were fucking up before, they're still probably fucking up.
>>
>>94351874
Now THAT"S an outrage comic tailor made for Frank Cho.
>>
>>94353122
All you have to know is some cosmic fuckery goes on at the end of SE and legacy heroes get zapped back in time to meet their predecessors.
>>
>>94352424
>You've got a monster in your trunks...
>>
>>94352498
He's more like a more know it all, less sexy she hulk in his own book. I think it's a B-/C+ book.
>>
File: 1495907434192.png (547KB, 924x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1495907434192.png
547KB, 924x1084px
>>94351591
>American Military using Panzer IVs

Come the fuck on Marvel
>>
>>94351724
This is what I don't get. It's almost as if they don't even want to consider the real Hulk a real Hulk.
>>
>>94351953
That would be so fucking terrible.
>>
>>94352065
>>94352404
It's good up until issue 9, then for some awful reason there was a crossover with Jeremy Lin and then a meh arc about aliens that sucked
>>
>>94352047
>Because SE is getting delayed
Only one issue got delayed, and it only got delayed a week. They were going to have to do both simultaneously regardless because Legacy starts right as Secret Empire finishes and that was always going to be the case.
>>
>Banner Hulk
>Stark Iron Man
>Parker Spider-Man
>Thor Thor

I don't understand why people are still reading Marvel
>>
>>94352498
This issue was written by his solo's writer. Pak knows how to write a Hulk.
>>
>>94351694
So wait, Hulk was going to kill those guys? I thought Pak said Hulk doesn't kill? Or did his super math predict he'd be punched?
>>
>>94352256
"No you dummies!"

Totally Awesome Hulk doesn't bother me as much...but still, who the hell says "No, you dummies!"

The dialogue in this whole thing is very, very cringey and all the characters sound the same. It's lukewarm in style as well. I'm also surprised Banner isn't asking more questions. He seems to be taking this whole "I'm another Hulk and this guy knows who I am somehow and said he knows me". It feels like an episode of a cartoon where the main character meets a totally bland caricature of a historical figure.

It's not that bad, but it lacks something. I did like how they had Banner eating out of the trash, though rather than a typical diner, just to really show how desparate he has to get at times. Unfortunately, when they have him talk about his anger, it's just very plain. It feels like a cold read or a placeholder for REAL dialogue.

And General Ross just saying, "Oh, they're two Hulks now? Okay." That's just lazy.
>>
>>94352169
kek

this was the last thing i expected
>>
>>94351718
Why are you stopping him, Amadeus?
Didn't you say that he was making cosmic calculations to avoid killing anyone?
>>
>>94352169
I'm not too versed in Hulk lore, who is this?
>>
>>94356232
Avoid killing anyone, sure. Not so much avoid horribly maiming them though.
>>
>>94356328
Just some OC Kirby Monster that got woken up from the bombs. Military accidentally getting the attention of some monster or alien while trying to stop the Hulk then resulting in the Hulk having to fight said monster/alien is like half of all Hulk comics.
>>
>>94353883

Look at the infantry. (like bottom right of >>94351694)

Mix of WW2 Americans and Germans, perhaps at a push a little Vietnam.
>>
>>94352065
Cho's ongoing is one of the few legacy replacement books that isn't complete dogshit. It was actually pretty good up until the awful Space Jam issues and the mediocre (and likely editorially mandated) All East-Asian-plus-Kamala team up. Believe it or not, even the CW2 tie ins were actually good.

Bendis killing off Bruce was stupid as fuck, though. Actually, every single one of Bruce's appearances during CW2 not written by Pak was stupid as fuck.

>>94352159
Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
>>
>>94352404
I am, and I'm glad it's picking back up since the last couple of arcs sucked. It's making me pick up the Weapon X books "drawn" by Land, though, which is unfortunate. I fucking hate Land.
>>
>>94352461
That went better than expected. Pak's a pretty serviceable writer but I was still worried that this would be all about how Cho is so much better than Banner and some "now the student has become the master" bullshit. Glad to see that wasn't the case and it was a bit more even, with Banner coming out on top at the end.

I do not expect any of the other books to be handled half as well.
>>
File: 1501356126961.png (263KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1501356126961.png
263KB, 540x309px
>Nu-Marvel
Moving on
>>
It would of been cool if the Spiderman Generations book, miles met and interacted with Parker when he had the symbiote suit, but looking at the cover, probably wont, maybe its early in spidermans career then.
>>
>>94352347
love Chulk's face in the last panel
>>
>>94351886
"Its because I'm not bugfuck crazy like you, man."

Just say the truth. This must be before She-Hulk too I guess.
>>
>>94352079
Wait, was his father a mutant or some kind of science experiment gone wrong too? I never knew that.

Also flashback Bruce is looking older than he does right here in the 'present'.
>>
>>94357949
No he wasn't. It's just what Banner felt he was like. But his dad did think his work with radiation had messed with his genetics and Bruce was a mutant because of it.
>>
>>94351832
is this one of those CGI traced comics? It looks like a Naruto video game
>>
>>94352749
Ultimates2 is explaining the ultimate universe being in 616.. I think...
>>
So is there nothing in here that implies that the Hulk is returning to his own series?
>>
>>94352692

I mean, it's possible. I've seen perfectly assembled burgers get thrown into the garbage because they had the wrong kind of stuff put on it.
>>
>>94359866
Poor Ewing. Has to do everything!!!
>>
https://www.newsarama.com/35781-best-shots-review-generations-hulk-1-3-10.html
>‘Rama Rating: 3 out of 10
>Greg Pak is a writer who knows the Hulk better than anybody since Peter David, and perhaps it’s because of the restrictions of the one-shot format, but there’s not much story meat for readers to latch onto, since we’ve already seen Amadeus and Banner interact so many times before. There’s a slight bit of newness in the fact that both mentor and mentee are now gamma-irradiated titans, but the time travel aspect of this story that Pak alludes to means that the connection is barely there - Banner, a character with no small degree of tragedy, feels undefined and out of place, and because he doesn’t even know Amadeus, that human connection feels only at half-capacity.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-marvel-rundown-marvels-past-and-present-collide-in-the-debut-of-generations/
>I know the Hulk/Bruce Banner, but I haven’t spent much time with Amadeus Cho. There was nothing I disliked about the characterization, but at the same time, I didn’t feel like the repartee (if you could call it that) between the Hulks was earned. It was like: no setup, huge action sequence, some odd dialogue, and then onto the next thing.
>I really wanted to like this issue but the dual Hulks and thin premise didn’t really live up to the potential.There’s a couple nice bits of characterization and continuity here and there but overall the comic seems to be lacking something from the narrative that would really pull it together. [...] I worry that there is a supreme lack of focus here.
>>
>>94351520
Trying again to push their new characters using the characters they stole the name and theme from.
>>
>>94351862
Good job making this new, hip Hulk without any of the struggles of the original Hulk. You know, the whole.. Hulk thing. He's just a super strong green guy now.
>>
>>94360331
>time travel aspect of this story
>>
>>94351694
>Well the thing is, almost every character they have in Marvel has a younger, newer version of them playing off of their legacy
They are also, invariably, either a female, a racial minority, or both.
>>
>>94360405
>stole the name and theme from.
Ha, as thought rebranding characters hasn't been done for years already.
>>
>>94360331
Please tell me he doesn't praise today's Spider-Man.
>>
>>94360555
Now I want to know what happens
Thanks, asshole
>>
>>94360555
Neither site has a review for "Spider-Man" #19.
>>
Marvel needs to just make a Legacy Line and separate the SJW heroes from the original heroes.

That way all the new SJW whiners can have their shit characters and true marvel fans can enjoy the characters they used to love.
>>
>>94352722
honestly best version of Banner Hulk was Professor Hulk
>>
>>94360878
That won't solve it unless the writers give a fuck.
>>
>>94360878
>all the new SJW whiners
>literally won't stop whining about the "SJW" characters

Teehee.
Also; you can still do that anyway? Enjoy the characters you used to love? Other people enjoying things doesn't remove that. Sorry, the spotlight isn't solely on you at the moment Greg.

:)
>>
>>94361014
Yeah I can still enjoy all those characters I used to love RIGHT NOW!

-Captain America is Captain Hydra
-Peter Parker is a billionaire
-Iron Man is dead
-Bruce Banner is dead
-Thor is a woman
-Wolverine is a woman
-Fantastic 4 is non existent

Yeah how about no. Fuck off retard.
>>
>>94361118
Hawkeye isn't dead
>>
>>94351471
I like Hulk and Amadeus Cho, Cho-hulk was a crap idea, they destroyed both characters just to have a Chinese hulk
>>
>>94351953
I can see this happenin the Peter/Miles book is going to be written by Bendis i can see him doing that, it's not the first time he makes Peter call Miles the real Spider-Man
>>
>>94352498

Just read Incredible Hercules. Cho was better when he just had super math and Herc was the muscle.
>>
>>94361199

I don't care about Hawkeye you fag.
>>
>>94361199
Who gives a shit about hawkeye?
>>
>>94360529
His solo does go into that a bit, but Cho has been ignoring it and trying to delude himself into thinking he's got it all under control. It's mostly the other books he's in that have him come off as a super strong green Chad.

Since Pak wrote this, it's likely that Chulk's ongoing will continue with Cho finally accepting that the Hulk is a curse. Hopefully, anyway. All of those other books, most notably Champions, will probably keep on writing him as a dumb green jock.
>>
>>94361507
>>94361604
What about Quicksilver then? He is a guy that was in a movie and is healthy right now. Trying to save his sister from being controlled by an ancient evil.
>>
>>94351520
have the new characters humiliate the new ones and prove that they are mary sues, like we always say on /co/.
>>
>>94352490
Like a hero!!!!
>>
>>94361658
What does quicksilver have to do with anything?

And yeah he's alright but I don't care that much about him.

My whole point was that the legacy line can be a whole new thing (similar to the ultimate universe) to give the old time fans something they wanna read.

Anyone who likes this New marvel direction can still have their politics and other bullshit, while pleasing older fans as well.
>>
When do the others come back?
>>
I'm among the few that actually like Amadeus Cho as the Hulk. I read it because he doesn't treat the Hulk as a curse. If they're going to pull back on that, it'll pull back on what they've done. I know that people hate the idea of an Asian Hulk, but it's a different type of Hulk, which I like.
>>
>>94362171
Has nothing to do with him being Asian though.

I don't care about the diversity, I care that he replaced a beloved character who had actual depth. And instead they make him frat boy Hulk.
>>
>>94353088
To be fair I'm not sure Cho hulk has ever done that, but again I'm not sure.
>>
>>94353715
But he's asian,oh wait different kind of monster
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.