[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mary Sue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Doctor_Doom_Portrait_Art.png (3MB, 790x912px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Doom_Portrait_Art.png
3MB, 790x912px
Mary Sue?
>>
>>94349949
After Waid's F4? Yes.
>>
File: 1494626787950.jpg (145KB, 450x595px) Image search: [Google]
1494626787950.jpg
145KB, 450x595px
hes a jack of all trades fighting people who mastered their main powers, i love doom but he gets his ass kicked too much, even in the multiple moments where he had the powers of the universe and still managed to get ko'd
>>
>>94349949
Yeah, OP, he'd totally marry her, we've been shown that he would.
>>
>>94349949
Mary Soom
>>
You shut the fuck up, OP.
>>
>>94349949
No, he has flaws.
>>
>>94349949
some writers seem to believe so
>>
>>94349949
That's not what that phrase means retard

Mary Sue isn't just "character I don't like" it has specific meaning that doesn't apply to characters that have been part of a franchise for 50 fucking years
>>
>>94349949
Fanboys only like him because of marvel vs capcom

He's a gypsy
That's fucking disgusting
>>
No, Sue already married to Reed Richards.
>>
>>94350669
oh you
>>
Why does Norman Osborn get to have a bunch of cool fucking storylines and Victor Von Doom doesn't get shit?
>>
>>94350617
>doesn't apply to characters that have been part of a franchise for 50 fucking years
Old characters can't be "Mary Sues"?
>>
>>94350630
>He's a gypsy
how can you be the leader of a nation and a gypsy at the same time?
>>
>>94350692
because marvel is confused as to who their audience is.
>>
>>94349949
Let's look at a real Mary Sue: The Sentry.

>Introduced into an existing, mature franchise.
>Much more powerful/capable than existing characters
>Capable of easily solving long term problems of the core cast.
>Becomes incredibly important, if not the most important (in this case largely through retcon, as he suddenly is revealed as the Hulk's best friend, Reed's best friend, Rogue's first lay, and more)
>The only drama relevant to him that he can't instantly solve is his own personal drama

Doom is none of those things. You can fucking dislike him, but quit trying to fucking drag out foty buzzwords that you don't understand to do.
Try "Garbage, plot armor only character" or "Why is this guy a big deal with such a hilarious record of constant failure"
>>
>>94350693
For the most part, no. Mary Sues are new characters that read like self insert fanfic. You're looking for like, author's pets, or author stand-ins.
>>
>>94350721
Sentry was really a cancer forced upon us. Guy was fucking retconned into existence.

Funny seeing the Marvel characters talking about how awesome and inspiring and a good guy Sentry was when we didn't see any of that.

I think his only fans were the power-levels fags.
>>
>>94350752
Then Doom is an "Author's Pet"?
>>
>>94350896
Sometimes. Sometimes he's a punching bag. That last ff run was certainly not kind to him.

It depends on how you look at him. It's certainly understandable if you read Hickman's run and you though Doom was an author's pet. I didn't feel that way, but i'd get it.
>>
>>94350700
Because Americans fetishize them and think they look like Slavs and Balkans. In reality, they look like inbred shitskins in tracksuits who steal kids and murder old folks. Doom's origin is pretty much this:

>trespasses on foreign soil
>mom contacts demons in the woods
>villagers get scared
>spell backfires, babies get killed
>villagers kill her
>waaaaaah, why won't these evil natives stop oppressing my poor gypsy ass waaah

Fuck Doom and fuck Marvel for glorifying gypsies while dehumanizing an entire region.
>>
>>94351330

Dude this is just getting kind of pathetic now, you've been cropping up in threads all week going on about gyppos and how Doom/Wanda/Pietro are pro-gypsy propaganda. Give it a rest.

>>94347993
>>
>>94351433
But it is. Anyone who can't see that is a fool. Gyppos look like pic related. Do you still like Doom now?
>>
>>94349949
villains can't be Mary Sues. In fact, it's better if villains are stronger than heroes, or the hero doesn't have very much to overcome.
>>
File: aizen.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aizen.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>94351908
>villains can't be Mary Sues
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.