[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do /co/ thoughts aboout Spider-Totem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: RCO011_1468947805.jpg (586KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO011_1468947805.jpg
586KB, 1041x1600px
Do you like having a lil' mystic in Spider-Man mythos?
>>
>>94349797
It should be a thing.
>>
>>94349797
I think its interesting and its helped by jms' writing, but i understand why people dont like it
>>
>>94349797
No, it's stupid. That whole arc was stupid. Morlun was stupid. JMS is overrated, his run sucked.
>>
>>94349797
It was a mistake.
I'm glad it's been forgotten.
>>
Not a fan, frankly. I think the arc is okay overall. Pretty solid storytelling, but I couldn't help but feel the concept was a little weak.

Peter becoming a teacher, though, is some shit we NEED to bring back. That was god-tier development.
>>
>>94349797
I don't mind a universe where Spider-man is magic based, or even another Spider character that's magic based, but I don't want main universe Peter Parker to have anything magic/mythical about him. He is his own thing, and you shouldn't tag on unrelated shit, just because you like that better.
>>
>>94349824
They had a massive event about the theme just some years ago

It isn't forgotten at all
>>
>>94349892
>Everyone knows about Peter the Science teacher
Patrician taste
>>
>>94349816
Will white contratarians ever stop being a thing?
>>
>>94349797
It should have ended with Ezekiel's death, remaining ambiguous and maybe occasionally being referenced in later stories.

Instead, it just kept getting more and more retarded and eventually lost all mystique.
>>
>>94349797
Absolutely not.
>>
Cool idea

Driven into the ground by worse writers.
>>
>>94349797
Having Peter be a "chosen one" whose heroism was destined comprehensively undermines the most essential elements of him as a character. I'm not surprised that people here like it, because JMS brought back MJ and wrote decent dialogue and few here really think about or even read comics.
>>
>>94349898
I think what would be great is if rather than his powers bring mystic based, it's his normal science mutation, but he becomes either connected to an already existing mystical source that enhances his powers eventually, or he becomes the origin of some mystic source through his mutation powers, and this is just my opinion as someone who knows nothing about the totem stuff but enjoys when Peter gets some bigger scale attention.
>>
>>94350092
>Disliking Spider Totem is contrarian

Stop saying words you don't understand.
>>
>>94349816
>his run sucked
Nah, fuck off.
>>
>>94350298
This. Morlun should've stayed dead too. The Other was a mistake.
>>
I don't like it, but that's just my subjective tastes. It's not a BAD thing by any means.
>>
>>94349797

Can't.

Part of Peter's life is happenstance and fortune. The Parker luck. This whole being a chosen one...it's cheap. Making him extra special and more powerful, this isn't development. Convoluting his origin isn't progression, it's a writer trying to leave his mark.

And then, it just perpetuates this thing where Peter keeps meeting people not just with his powers, but his entire theme. And it all becomes a dick measuring as to who can do what and actual characterization falls through the cracks.

I hate it because it's a step in the wrong ng direction, concentrating on the "super" instead of the "hero". Spider-Man is about the man, not some mythos behind his abilities.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.