[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 28

DRAX IS A FILTHY HIPPIE STORYTIME
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>94349390
To be fair, the slaves could have explained it better instead of just yelling peace.
>>
>>
>>
>>94349414
>Saxophone Drax
HELL YEAH. Somebody remembered.
>>
>>
famously huge turds
>>
>it was just some random OCs
Moondragon theorists BTFO
>>
I really enjoy this run. Thanks op
>>
>>94349430
>>94349414
>all this Drax Sax teasing
it shall be glorious.
And then DnAfags will cry about memes
>>
This comic has some hit and miss issues but I liked this issue.

We get to see a personal story of Drax and we see him and Gamora bonding and having a personality other than "Grrrrrr I'm a warrior lets fight".

Also I like that this callbacks to Drax's saxophone days, it brings back another side to hos character.
>>
>>94349414
Sax the destroyer lives!
>>
>>94349438
>thanos is already at #9

I've only seen 1 and 2 storytimed.
>>
File: drax o phone.jpg (147KB, 995x718px) Image search: [Google]
drax o phone.jpg
147KB, 995x718px
I really liked this issue. Felt a lot like DnA Drax too, while adding its own thing to the character.

Bring on the Draxophone
>>
>>94353127
10/10 panel
>>
That was great. Duggan writes a good Drax, and I like how he's doing a storyline with the character that doesn't involve Thanos.
>>
>>94349414
I need a transparency of this
>>
>>94349368
Woof, saw it coming but that's still rough.
>>
>>94353127
>Phylla is there
Are we allowed to believe?
>>
>>94352318
I saw the most recent issue storytimed. There was an unnecessary sex scene between Champion and Nebula, but was otherwise not noteworthy.
>>
>>94354417
Phylla was in infinite gem in Gamora's issue. Duggan will probably use her in some way.
>>
File: Guardians of theSHE'S BACK.png (2MB, 860x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of theSHE'S BACK.png
2MB, 860x1170px
>>94354417
>>94354633
She's also on the cover of the Infinite Quest arc, and Duggan himself confirmed she'll be back on reddit.
It's HAPPENING
>>
>>94349401
why does only gamora know about trapped parts in soul stone and not drax? He was there too.
>>
>>94355245
Unlike the others, the Soul Gem is sentient. If Gamora is having those dreams it's because it WANTS her to find it, or maybe she's the only one that can rescue it after it shattered years ago.
>>
>>94355306
>>
>>94355306
The Soul Gem was also a complete asshole and is probably using her, which is probably where this is going.
>>
>>94354904
i want to believe but i have doubts given marvel's track record.
>>
File: Phyla-Vell Explains 01.jpg (42KB, 390x511px) Image search: [Google]
Phyla-Vell Explains 01.jpg
42KB, 390x511px
>>94355646
Nah, the only thing that could stop her inevitable return would be if the series got cancelled within the next two or three months, which most likely won't happen.
Now, quality-wise, it's all up to Duggan. And though there are bits I'm not huge on, I'm definitely enjoying his run so far. Plus, it helps a lot that Phyla was one of the things he singled out in an early interview as stuff he remembered, so I get the feel he actually wants to bring her back rather than just trying to score brownie points or whatnot.
I choose to believe. If anything else, he's already given us fucking Frazier Irving drawing Phyla for a couple of pages, which is not a thing I ever expected.
>>
File: nova and raptors.jpg (181KB, 921x1400px) Image search: [Google]
nova and raptors.jpg
181KB, 921x1400px
>>94355712
yeah, this series started out a little rough, and a bit too much synergy for my tastes, but I had faith in Duggan. His Deadpool was not good for the first 6 issues, but he used those issues as a way to transition Waypool into something new and better. Duggan appears to actually give a shit about continuity. He's writing some of the best Deadpool stories I've ever read, so I decided to give his Guardians a chance for at least the same amount of issues I gave Deadpool, and he already surprised me when issue 3 came around.

Now with issue, the only real issue I have is that he's still writing a Starlord that's a bit too comedic for my tastes, but I really want to see what happens when Peter encounters Rich again.
>>
>>94355712
it's true but just a bit odd when marvel has been ignoring her and her brother for like a decade. honestly it wouldn't surprise me if she 'came back' as a ghost for only this run then promptly vanished again.
>>
>>94349368
>>94349373
I feel like more heroes should go through something like this. No kill rules make more sense if a character started out killing people and then something like this (or Ollie killing an innocent in Arrow) that makes them change their perspective of wanton killing.
>>
>>94349290
top kek
>>
Bump. This book don't get enough love.
>>
>>94358646
Sadly, a lot of /co/ seems to have written it off as just synergy tie-ins. And there's the crowd who hates anything cosmic Marvel unless it's written by DnA.

That'll hopefully change as things go on and we get more of stuff like the evil Groots and Rich's return.
>>
>>94355796
>but I really want to see what happens when Peter encounters Rich again.

I thought he would know about Rich since Gamora saw him while they were stranded on Earth and by the ending of Nova she saw him more than once.

Unless she didn't bother to tell Peter but that would be a dick move.
>>
>Smallwoods
Instantly better. I wish he was still on it, and that the costumes were better

>>94349290
kek
>>
>>94359395
So far only Peter's love of music, the Milano, and Groot being small and looking like Baby Groot are the only synergy parts.

But he at least made Baby Groot not be a baby but Groot actually get stunted (by whatever those evil Groots are doing) and he has the team not treat him as a child and Rocket even refers to his small condition as being bad.

Also I feel some of that shit might be editorial mandate since the GotG cartoon is even having Baby Groot in its next season.

As for Star-Lord Duggan writes him with a bit of a comedic tone and he makes him kind of like the GotG butt monkey (and frankly he wasn't that respected in DnA's run but he definitely wasn't joke) but unlike Humphries' full butt monkey idiotic Star-Lord his is still competent.

That said I think he wrote a better Star-Lord in his Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet mini.
>>
>>94361018
I can see her absolutely not telling Peter. She was pissed at him for not telling her what happened in the Cancerverse
>>
>>94362507
if that's the case then damn, what a petty bitch.
>>
>>94361871
I don't even mind the music thing. As long as Quill never wants to retire to Earth (outside of fleeting "What if my life was different?" thoughts), cause that's the unique thing about him.
>>
>>94362507
Not just that but he didn't tell her about Thanos being held on Earth (ignoring the fact that the whole Gamora daddy issues thing is an idiotic thing that Bendis gave her that she didn't have before he wrote her).

Unless Duggan ignores everything that happened in Nova but so far it looks like she didn't tell Peter.

Richard didn't tell Peter either, hell I don't think he planned telling anyone for awhile since he was infected from what Worldmind put in him and avoiding everyone. Gamora was the one who found him and she was even upset about it.

Honestly this whole thing is a mess done by the writers (mainly Bendis) and the characters found themselves in this potential drama because of it, but it all depends if Duggan is going to acknowledge this or not.

>>94362547
Yeah it is petty considering that Rich means a great deal to Peter, but Peter wouldn't tell her what happened to Rich in the Cancerverse (again due to some dumb Bendis stupidity) until she tied him up and threatened him, so her pettiness is understandable.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.