[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(Ultimate) F4: A Revamp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Before we start, let's get this out of the way: This is not a "how to save the F4" thread. Marvel knows how to save the F4, they just don't want to. I'm not here to give "directions". I'm here to share my "revitalizing" fan-fic, because I have nothing to do ATVM.

Alright, first things first, I know most people disliked Ult!F4, but I liked it a whole lot. It was a nice revamp, but it had problems. Now, the way I see it, the F4 would be the main team, but it'd gradually evolve into the Future Foundation. Some tid-bits first:

>Reed
Small-town wonderkid (smart, but not "opening interdimensional portals with Lego" smart) gets a scholarship at NY after college, at Baxter. No abusive home, just an average one.

>Sue & Johnny
Sue's a biochemist & Johnny's an engineer. They grew up in Baxter, and they're the children of the head scientist there, so they're the "bad bitches" of the think-tank.

>Ben
Reed's childhood friend who got into the millitary for money reasons. Rises through the ranks and becomes General [...]'s Right-Hand man, which leads to him being picked to fly the rocket.

>Victor
German-esque aristocrat, Grade-A jackass, boyfriend of Sue. Chad, but with the class and brains to back it up. No magic (at least in the beginning) as he's the classic edgelord trope. Not part of the accident.

Now, you need teachers and all that, so I'd keep Elder/Mole-Man. I could add characters like Pym or Blue Marvel, but I'd rather revitalize some old F4 characters like Mad Thinker or Wizard.

Anyway, as for the nature of the stories themselves, after a few arcs of Earth-based stuff to get the hang of it, I'd try to keep them off-planet as much as possible. New worlds, civilizations, all that jazz. The family thing would develop gradually, as they wouldn't even really be close friends at the beginning.
>>
>>94346295
As for some more "character" notes to make this worth it:

>Red Ghost
Russian Physicist who tries to replicate the experiment with Apes. He fails, the Apes gain Intelligence, but it's actually just him becoming a detached conscioussness and inhabiting the Apes like a hive mind. He can project himself as a Red Hologram of him in his uniform.

>Mad Thinker
"Maths" teacher at Baxter. Obsessed with predicting the future through math, and his ultimate goal is to use the "universal language" to explain the universe. As Reed becomes smarter due to the accident, he flees and experiments on his brain to make it "run faster".

>Annihilus
Warlord of a parallel universe who is the last remaining survivor after an attack from Gah Lak Tus. He longs to escape and findanother universe to raid. Millions of years old, cunning, creepy and without remorse.

>Doom
Initially Sue's boyfriend, he becomes resentful after she and the others get powers. He drifts away and returns back to his home country and begins forbidden experiments. He doesn't mutate or anything, but his personality does change. Turns more and more evil the more we check up on him. He's not an antagonist at first, just an evil side-protagonist.

>Gah Lak Tus
I'll keep the Reaper-esque origin, but Galan himself would exist as a sort of "corpse" that keeps the whole fleet moving, like the God Emperor of Mankind. He's a Celestial, and is still an Eldritch Abomination. The Fleet/Swarm is a "swerve", as it's just a "tool" he uses. The real Galactus would be a surprise later down the line.

I have more, but I'm not sharing them until I get some (you)s and not more than 2 kys.
>>
>>94346300
>Black Panther
He'd be the "good Doom" in a way. He's hot shit and he knows it. He upstages Reed, not by trying, but because that's simply who he is. Wakanda itself would be xenophobic and whatnot, but it wouldn't be this "ultra secret society". Low-key, but they'd have secret deals with other nations.

>Inhumans
Oh boy, here I'd go nuts. The "perfect race" created by the Celestials after splicing together nucleid acids from differents races. Their role is to rule over the Universe when the time is right. Creepy looking, likethe Jae Lee Ult!Version.

>Namor
I'd keep the Ultimate thing, really. The Atlanteans died during the flood,but he was a prisoner and "escaped" death. Asshole who, after being freed and clashes with the F4, dissappears, only to return later with Chthulhus, to give a rough overview.

I should add that Reed really doesn't get along with Johnny and Sue at the beginning. Not even Ben, since they've drifted apart. Sure, he's the smartest, but Sue is smart, famous and has a banging body. She's not "attracted" to him, Johnny finds him a boring bookworm and Ben just considers his demeanor childish, after everything he went through. This'd be a set-up to a Maker arc that may or may not happen.
>>
>>94346295
>remaking the ultimate universe
>>
>>94346408
Eh, it's a cool tagline. Like I said, it's an AU in general.
>>
File: this thread.png (631KB, 960x770px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
631KB, 960x770px
He is the smartest man in the universe (thanks to his dad experimenting with his brain), He pretty cocky and treat other people like trash. He didn't even care for his parents.

But then he got kidnap by some terrorists and met a wise-man. And you know the rest.
>>
>>94346295
>Marvel knows how to save the F4
Of course.. keep fraction and his 5 year long "Im so fucking smart"arcs away. easy
>>
>>94346295
I can get behind this. Ultimate Marvel had highlights here and there, but a lot of it ended up like wasted potential or plain old fuckups.
>>
>>94346295
>boyfriend of Sue
I don't know if Doom getting cucked by Reed of all people is worth letting him have Sue's pussy.
>>
>>94346295
>>94346300
>>94346381

Your fan fiction is sad and creepy.
>>
>>94347595
Same here.

>>94347688
Honestly, I'm setting it up with Reed being cucked by everyone. He starts off hopeful and full of wonder, but he sees that he has no friends, Sue considers him a brother at best, while she fucks Namor & Black Panther. It sets him up for turning into the Maker and becoming a villain, killing the F4 in the process, and then creating android copies. It then turns into a Maker solo starring an emotionally unbalanced Reed who runs around with brainwashed robots with the brain patterns of his friends, which he killed.

>>94347703
Y u gotta bully ?
>>
>>94348111
>Y u gotta bully ?

Because I've seen a hundred of these thread where fans project how they could "fix" a shared universe like they were an editor.
It never amounts to anything.
Literally just wait six months and see if things are different.
>>
>>94348396
But it's an AU you dumb-dumb. That was the first thing I said. It's not about fixing the F4. It's my rough idea for an AU F4. You can hate the ideas all you want, but at least read the whole thing.
>>
>>94348720

It's fan fic, it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>94349530
>doesn't pay attention to the opening statement
>comments
>gets corrected
>hur dur doesn't matter

Nothing in this board matters anon, it doesn't stop you from frequenting it. Like I said, hate the writing as much as you want, but at least have some reading comprehension.
>>
>>94346295
I do like the idea of Reed being shat on (for different reasons) by everybody, to the point where he just breaks. It's kinda like watching the birth of a villain, but as an ongoing. The rest could use some work.
>>
>>94346295
Kinda similar to the Four with everybody being a jackass and then Reed turning into an outright villain, but eh, interesting enough. Would pirate.
>>
>>94346295
>Marvel knows how to save the F4, they just don't want to.

They gave them relaunch after relaunch after relaunch. The F4 haven't sold well since the 1990s compared to the rest of the line. They were shitcanned in favor of X-books then and never really recovered.

They've had their chance. They've had more chances than any other team. Fuck, if you brought them back as the exact same thing and called them the West Coast Defenders they'd probably sell better. People don't want to buy F4 books. Retailers don't order them. Of a succession of writers in the past decade only Hickman managed to boost sales, and even then they dropped away pretty fast, especially after the FF title started running parallel.

It's not a good team.
>>
>>94352189
The last run was selling the same as all Marvel books not named TASM do. And besides, what does this matter when the thread is about a fan-fic?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.