[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwayne McDuffie's wife is suing Milestone Media 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: milestone 2.jpg (447KB, 1500x1160px) Image search: [Google]
milestone 2.jpg
447KB, 1500x1160px
Dwayne McDuffies Widow sues Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan And Derek Dingle.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/01/dwayne-mcduffies-widow-sues-milestone-2-0s-reginald-hudlin-denys-cowan-derek-dingle/
I hope this doesn't miss with Milestone returning and Static being in Young Justice season 3.
>>
>>94337688
Maybe this is why there taking too long to relaunch Milestone .
>>
More like Tombstone. What a fucking mess.
>>
>>94337688
Good
I can't imagine why people would want Milestone to come back with Hudlin at the helm.
>>
Hudlin is the fucking worst. What a shady dude. They literately devised this plan to rip off his family at McDuffie's wake. Despicable.
>>
Don't link to bleedingcool you faggot
>>
>>94338016
Didn't Denys Cowan come out against Milestone a while ago? Basically saying he was the only one involved that actually wanted to do comics and all the others just want to get into movies
>>
> Defendants Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle conspired to cause Milestone to refrain from repurchasing McDuffie’s shares because they had something else in mind: rather than pay McDuffie’s estate the fair market value of MxDuffie’s 50% interest in Milestone, Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle planned to form a new, sham entity — in which the Defendants would have ownership interests, but McDuffie’s Estate would have none.

That's the main claim for people who don't want to go to BC
>>
>>94338112
Given the names involved, and how Cowan himself is a legend in the field, I believe it.
>>
Hudlin is a stupid dickhead but I have trouble believing he'd purposely cut out a fellow black guy. So unless McDuffie's wife is white I doubt he's doing this maliciously. Then again, I don't know the dude, maybe he is secretly a backstabbing motherfucker.

My theory would be that Hudlin, instead of actively scheming to cut McDuffie out, is just an illogical idiot who's going "durr well she's not contributing so she doesn't get money right!". Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity and all that

I DO however believe completely that >>94338112
is true, with Hudlin doing all this for movies. He's definitely the kind of motherfucker who just sees comics as movie pitches.
>>
>>94338071

Then how else do we get comic news? Go away dumdum.
>>
>>94338443
>So unless McDuffie's wife is white
Ding ding
>>
Hopefully they can reach a fair settlement. I don't really care who owns what though. I just want more good content.
>>
>>94338443
>unless McDuffie's wife is white
Guess what? She is.
>>
>>94338848
http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/dwayne-mcduffie-reginald-hudlin-milestone-media-1202512743

>Dwayne McDuffie, a pioneer of comic books with African-American heroes, died in 2011. Following his death, veteran producer Reginald Hudlin teamed with McDuffie’s former business partners to relaunch his company, Milestone Media, in tribute to the trailblazing artist.
>But in a lawsuit filed Monday in L.A. Superior Court, the artist’s widow alleges that his estate was excluded from the revived company.

>McDuffie wrote for Marvel and DC before launching Milestone Media in 1992 in an effort to bring greater representation of black heroes to comics. Milestone had a publishing agreement with DC Comics. McDuffie developed the characters Icon and Static, and produced a TV show, “Static Shock,” which aired on the WB network.
>McDuffie died of complications from heart surgery at the age of 49. In 2015, Hudlin announced that he and McDuffie’s original partners would revive Milestone Media for a new generation of comics fans. Hudlin, who produced “Django Unchained” and directed the forthcoming Thurgood Marshall biopic “Marshall,” told the Washington Post that he and partners Derek Dingle and Denys Cowan hatched the idea to relaunch Milestone while gathered at McDuffie’s wake.
>>
>>94339291
>McDuffie’s widow, Charlotte McDuffie, alleges that his estate was excluded from the revived venture. At the time of his death, McDuffie owned 50% of Milestone Media, with Dingle owning the other half, the suit contends.

>The three partners did not buy out McDuffie’s share of the company. Instead, they formed a new company called Milestone Media Company LLC, also referred to as “Milestone 2.0,” which took control of Milestone’s intellectual property, the suit alleges.

>Charlotte McDuffie alleges that her inquiries about the new company have been met with “stalling and stonewalling tactics.” According to the suit, the new company is seeking to expand Milestone’s relationship with DC Comics, and is talking to other publishers about new projects, “all the while utilizing the intellectual property rightfully owned by Milestone, without compensation to Milestone or McDuffie’s estate, and without the consent of the Plaintiff or McDuffie’s heirs.”

>The parties entered into a tolling agreement in April as they sought to settle the dispute. However, those talks appear to have broken down with the filing of the suit. In the agreement, Milestone’s partners issued a denial of the estate’s allegations.

>Milestone’s attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
>>
In all honesty, I only care about Static returning to the mainstream DC universe
>>
>>94338848
Are you retarded? Do not feed the leech.
>>
>>94337688
>and Static being in Young Justice season 3.

It won't. Lately, DC's animation has been immune to all the legal shit that's been plaguing the comics. That's why Captain Marvel, if he shows up, will still go by that name instead of Shazam.
>>
>>94339404
kys toonfag

icon>static
>>
>>
>>94338112
No that was Michael Davis.
>>
File: RCO001_1470045004.jpg (503KB, 1024x1582px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001_1470045004.jpg
503KB, 1024x1582px
I need Static and other Milestone characters to get new series.
>>
File: weggie.png (38KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
weggie.png
38KB, 200x149px
God DAMN it, Weggie!
>>
File: 1490914730286.png (790KB, 463x695px) Image search: [Google]
1490914730286.png
790KB, 463x695px
remember that time a bee wanted to fuck Static
>>
>>94340996
Which issue?
>>
>>94341188
It was some where in the 40s.
>>
>>94341188
32 and 33
>>
>>94337688
I didn't know McDuffie married a jew.
>>
>>94337688
Heirs should fuck off. You did not make your dad's or your husband's work. You are not entitled to a dime. Fuck you.
>>
>>94341581
t. commie
His estate owns part of the company, and they tried to cheat it out of it. Pretty typical of their kind if you get my drift.
>>
File: icontween.jpg (254KB, 620x960px) Image search: [Google]
icontween.jpg
254KB, 620x960px
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.