[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is she evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 535
Thread images: 190

File: the face of evil.png (148KB, 365x377px) Image search: [Google]
the face of evil.png
148KB, 365x377px
is she evil?
>>
>>94333397
A more important question is: Will she end up being revealed as another shit tier villain like Toffee?
>>
>>94333397
>the Butterfly clan is fine with summoning chimeras, using magic nukes, messing with gravity, manipulating time, kidnapping, genocide, fratricide, drugging their enemies, and general all-around homicide
>but they were so disquieted by Eclipsa's spells that they had her chapter locked away

Yes.
>>
>>94333501
It hurts man, I loved Toffee. The TV movie was great, and there was nothing wrong with how he went out, BUT he didn't spend enough time back in his real body for it to feel like the right time.
>>
>>94333397
I hope they make her smart evil and not just powerful evil. Also I hope she doesn't get a silly sidekick. Keep her scenes are and make them count.
>>
File: All Seeing Eye.png (275KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
All Seeing Eye.png
275KB, 640x360px
>>94333566
According to "Mewnipendence Day" they still use her All Seeing Eye for mass surveillance of monsters.

Eclipsa's chapter is "forbidden" more to stop it from corrupting impressionable young princesses, which is fair since it's apparently booby-trapped to inflict demonic possession on people who read it.
And "forbidden" basically just means "you need to ask Glossaryck for permission to read it", it's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>94333397
I'm hoping there's not going to be a straight answer and things are left to debate.

It seems like monsters and their magic is considered evil by default by the 'human' element and Eclipsa and Star have stronger magic because they realised monsters aren't as bad as they're told. It's kinda obvious the Butterfly line are hybrids and I think the purple scarring is just monster magic bringing that side of them out.

Just hope it doesn't devolve into a sith thing, where after all the preaching about how they're just misunderstood and good in their own respects, they do something really villainous and prove the good guys were right all along.
>>
File: eclipsa_and_demon.jpg (12KB, 236x231px) Image search: [Google]
eclipsa_and_demon.jpg
12KB, 236x231px
>>94333397
Seems a little obvious. It'd kinda fit with the whole "Just because it's big, ugly and has more teeth than the entire Osmand family, doesn't mean that it's necessarily evil."
>>
>>94333397
I wish I was that snookers bar
>>
Its sort of hard to tell.

Moon wasn't even planning on honoring her end of the contract, firing a warning shot instead of destroying Toffee like Eclipsa told her to. Granted, hitting him with that spell in the heart like Eclipsa said would've ended him fairly quickly, Moon DID ask for a way to destroy something immortal so its not really Eclipsa being bloodthirsty. Heck she even asked "is that REALLY want you want?"

But since learning the spell did, in a very roundabout way, lead to Toffee's death, the contract was technically upheld. The first thing Moon did was run off to see if Eclipsa was free. But that really speaks more to her power rather than her moral alignment. Eclipsa even seemed a bit offended that her chapter was "forbidden" but Star can literally create living breathing creatures from nothing that shoot lasers almost uncontrollably and no one bats an eye.

So far her only act of "evil" was running off with a monster. For all we know, her groom-to-be got pissed off and started the anti-monster racism in Mewni, started a few rumors, and got her crowned "Queen of Darkness", which people believed because of how crazy strong powerful she is.

The only thing in favor of her being evil was that her arms were showing signs of that immortal killing spell being used. Unless she was killing lizards back in the day there's a chance she killed someone important enough to her imprisoned by Rhombulus.
>>
File: star eclipsa.gif (1MB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
star eclipsa.gif
1MB, 500x313px
>>94333397
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE MEWMANS ARE EVIL!
>>
>>94334584

From what we saw from "Moon the Undaunted, those tapestries are known to stretch the truth pretty far.
>>
File: Sins of the Mother.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sins of the Mother.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>I call the darkness unto me / From deepest depths of earth and sea
>From ancient evils unawoken / Break the one that can't be broken
>To blackest night I pledge my soul / And crush my heart to burning coal
>To summon forth a deathly power / To see my hated foe devoured
She doesn't seem so bad
>>
>>94334788
She may know the spell but it was Moon who wanted to use it.
>>
>>94333397
I would love it if the first thing she did when she breaks free is steal a bunch of chocolate.
>>
File: eclipsa terrible.png (120KB, 887x645px) Image search: [Google]
eclipsa terrible.png
120KB, 887x645px
>>94335726

>>94334911
Using the spell stained Moon's arms just like Eclipsa's.
She's clearly used it and all kinds of other dark magics.
>>
>>94335726
Even better if she doesn't even know it's stealing and is just clueless about Earth stuff, like Star was.
>>
probably
>>
>>94334753
But they still tell the truth.
>>
>>94335752
Might not be the only spell that does that but I guess being branded as evil anyway had her thinking 'fuck it' in the end.
>>
>>94333397
What makes a woman turn evil? Lust for gold? Power?
Or was she just born with a cunt satisfied only by MONSTER COCK?
>>
>>94333397
Probably but im expecting them to try and set her up as some kinf of Ozmandyias kind of antagonist.

Someone that does a few messed up things but ultimately has the benefit of her subjects in mind.
>>
>>94333397
No, she has a queen of spades tattoo. That is the epitome of righteousness.
>>
File: rydtugih.png (194KB, 651x449px) Image search: [Google]
rydtugih.png
194KB, 651x449px
>>94334788
What spell is this....?
>>
File: tumblr_otyzitSDGo1rhg7gko1_1280.jpg (137KB, 864x1034px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otyzitSDGo1rhg7gko1_1280.jpg
137KB, 864x1034px
>>94333397
No, of course not.

Look at her she's a qtpatootie
>>
>>94337017
What a stupid sex culture.
>>
>>94334714
>So far her only act of "evil" was running off with a monster
Yeah no.
You're forgetting her chapter, which star read, describing it as
>Power of darkness, forces of evil, eternal suffering, blah-blah-blah
and also the way it affected Marco.
A Queen's chapter shows what new spells they added, and thus reflects their personal interests.

It absolutely isn't just a case of her having ran off with a monster and having branded evil for that. It's also that her personal interest in magic was very much towards dark magic, so much that it ended up corrupting her and necessitated Rhombulus encasing her in crystal. I really doubt he'd have imprisoned her just for wanting some monster dick.
>>
>>94334584
>and_demon
>demon
are you fucking retarded anon
they call her Monster Love, she took a monster for her lover. Monster, not demon. Different species do you even watch the show ffs
>>
>>94333397
So did she have a daughter or a sister to keep the lineage
>>
File: eclipsa young.jpg (25KB, 570x600px) Image search: [Google]
eclipsa young.jpg
25KB, 570x600px
>>94337553
She had a Mewman daughter with her first husband, and stuck around long enough to pass down the wand and have Glossaryck start training her.
>>
>>94337155
It's fine to be honest. Not any different from guys who like making their girlfriends wear chokers and do bdsm stuff or having a thing for asian women. It's basically just couples tattoos.
>>
File: 1500822929802.png (41KB, 340x438px) Image search: [Google]
1500822929802.png
41KB, 340x438px
>>94334719
>yfw the Star Butterfly Effect was right
>>
File: page turner.jpg (23KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
page turner.jpg
23KB, 852x480px
>>94333566
>>but they were so disquieted by Eclipsa's spells that they had her chapter locked away

No they "Probably" locked that chapter because anyone can use her magic. Seriously not even River the King can use magic not even the Mewni citizen can use magic (don't even try to say that that some citizen can use magic it is clearly that no one can use magic a monster invaded the city no one did anything) it is clear that the Butterfly family is maintaining the status quo on the magic subjects.
This is probably a thing that everyone believes, but doesn't say that so often, but I am going to say anyway "Eclipsa was probably trying to make a magic revolution and trying to make magic accessible to everyone" she is probably naive and believes that anyone would never ever be mistreated monster or human if they all have magic and they are all "equal" because of that naiveness she was probably locked up.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (294KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
294KB, 700x525px
>>94337755
>The Star Butterfly Effect
I have never in my life seen a story shit the bed harder.
>>
>>94337795
>No they "Probably" locked that chapter because anyone can use her magic
By that logic they should have locked the entire book up. What the fuck are you talking about, anon? Is this a shit trolling attempt?
>>
>>94333397
We don't know yet

When that crab monster grabbed the wand, it activated a dark side of him and the wand grew a sinister pupil like how Eclipsa's looked like. So she seems to be close to the root of evil.

We don't really know much about monsters, though. It sounds like monsters are just trying to live their lives, but what about Toffee and that ancient monster lair Ludo was staying in?

Add on the fact that Eclipsa was said to have had incredible magic potential and you have a sorceress who knew a spell that could kill immortals.
>>
>>94337896
Not him but you're missing the fact that to do spells, you need a wand, which is a prize heirloom to Butterflies only. Yet Marco was doing freaky shit without one.
>>
>>94337896
Are you retarded or just troll?

Did you fucking forget "Mewnipendence Day" where star explain that the queen made the soldier more powerful? Do you even watch the show?

I am saying that not everyone can use magic, but that her chapter permit you to use her magic the wand can make you use magic, but only superficial magic because star can "Deep down" and do powerful magic. Seriously anon how many people on Mewny can use magic?
>>
>>94333397
Is she?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB6Fa_pJqRQ
>>
>>94334719
Well I mean they are, insofar as the show still operates on the Monsters-as-Native-Americans analogy. The Mewmans are land-stealing genocidal assholes.
>>
File: 1490575734514.gif (704KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490575734514.gif
704KB, 382x450px
>>94334788
>burning coal
>Coalburner
>Eclipsa fucked a monster
>>
File: toffee crocodile skink.jpg (28KB, 900x887px) Image search: [Google]
toffee crocodile skink.jpg
28KB, 900x887px
>>94333501
>Will she end up being revealed as another shit tier villain like Toffee
No, because she has the potential to corrupt Star instead of just kill her. Toffee was the opening act, not the main course, and it was the show's design to hide that fact.
>>
>>94338200
Marco was possessed, he wasn't really doing anything

>>94338213
>"Mewnipendence Day" where star explain that the queen made the soldier more powerful?
The queen, yes, with the wand
All of the queens or future queens in their turn, after turning 14 when they get the wand also get the book. The book only opens to the person owning the wand, which is the current butterfly female wand-holder. However none of the other chapters, which are all full of instruction on how to use magic, are locked, only Eclipsa's.

So your theory is retarded
>>
>>94338426
>The book only opens to the person owning the wand
Did you watch Mewberty?
>>
>>94333397
is it so wrong to want to buy your own candy bars?
>>
>>94338382
Ludo was the opening act though.
>>
>>94338480
Well fuck me you're right but my point stands.
S1: Ludo (antagonist, wants wand)
S2: Toffee (villain, will consider killing to have wand)
S3: Eclipsa (villain, will exploit Star's growing ambivalence about monsters)
S4: _________ (endboss, Star ultimately achieves godhood and sends Marco & crew back to Echo Creek, sealing the portal forever)
>>
>>94338426
Ok you don't watch the show?

>Marco was possessed, he wasn't really doing anything
HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
Ok you are retarded, who you piece of shit, who Possessed Marco?

>The book only opens to the person owning the wand
Are you for real?

Only the owner of the book can write on the book you can read the book any day anon.
>>
File: glossaryck.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glossaryck.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94338426
>>94338447
It's at Glossaryck's discretion who he helps with what, and when.
He'll shoot the shit with random people like Janna and Oskar if he feels like it, but he's not going to teach anyone but the owner of the book magic.
He directly refused to let Ludo even look at it because 1) Ludo had a magic wand and so was in an actual position to use what he could learn from the book, unlike say Janna, and 2) He wanted to antagonize Ludo and Toffee so they'd "kill" him, so Ludo couldn't become a threat bigger than what Star/Moon/the Kingdom could handle (this also being why he burned the page with the rat spell in Bon Bon before he was kidnapped) and to make Toffee think that his loose end had been tied up.
>>
File: ludo toffee.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ludo toffee.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94338687
I'm not the anon you're responding to but it seems pretty obvious that Marco was taken over by some force. It's not exactly in character for Marco to willingly start performing some dark arts, and his eyes were glowing. The same thing happens to Ludo in the same situation.
Something about Eclipsa's chapter leaves the reader open to possession. Toffee couldn't just overpower Ludo at will, he had to have Ludo open the chapter first.
>>
>>94338731
Is Glossaryck a god?
>>
>>94338687
>HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>Ok you are retarded, who you piece of shit, who Possessed Marco?

Not him, but damn nigga. Are you alright?
>>
>>94338852
>Ludo
Ludo is not a good example anon he was already possessed.

>>94338875
Nigga plz!!!
>>
>>94338861
In the guidebook, he claims that the universe "fabricated" him to "make sense" of magic and teach it to Mewmans. And he then created the Magic High Commission, a group of beings who govern magic throughout the universe(s) and shape it to serve the interests of Mewmans.

He could be considered "a" god but he's definitely not "the" God or anywhere near an equivalent. He's demonstrably not all-knowing (despite what Rhomubulus believes) though he does know more than anyone, and he's probably not all-powerful although he is still extremely powerful.

>>94339062
>Ludo was already possessed.
I'm not sure you know what "possessed" means.
>>
>>94339132
You don't know what "possessed" means.
He was chasing star in the forest and in the end he begins to listen voices are you retarded?
Did you even look "Ludo in the Wild" you don't even watch the show why are you discussing with me?
>>
>>94339296
The wand didn't start talking to Ludo until "By The Book."
The Star he sees was really there, Spider and Eagle could see and chase it. It was a magical construct/illusion created by the wand. The tell is that "Star's" eyes are green.

More to the point, even after the wand started talking to him, he wasn't "possessed". Ludo was still in control of his thoughts and actions, Toffee only advised him.
>>
>>94338604
>S4:......
No anon that is too depressive plz NO.
>>
>>94339498
>Spider and Eagle could see and chase it
Prove

Ok anon define "possessed".
>>
>>94339605
>Prove
Maybe, uh, look at the screenshot I posted with that post. Or watch the episode yourself.

>define "possessed"
To be controlled by some force, typically a demon or other evil spirit.
>>
>>94338604
S3 Finale:
Eclipsa takes over Mewni with a huge army of monsters.
She turns Marco into a monster.
She banishes every mewnian from Mewni to Earth, including Star and her parents.
Marco can't go back.
>>
>>94339726
I literally watched the episode in the middle of our argument and no they are just following Ludo's orders and not seeing her.

>>define "possessed"
hmm so he was just haunting Ludo.
Ok, but still not a good argument to your first point.
>>
>>94333397
Most likely, but Star will defeat her and take her rightful place.
>>
>>94338687
Anon seriously you're coming across a little crazy right now not gonna lie
>>
File: 1494955477398.jpg (19KB, 147x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494955477398.jpg
19KB, 147x203px
TWO THREADS
>>
>>94340861
Hydra rules, m8. Chop one head, more grow back in its place.
>>
>>94338447
Fine, sorry, the person Glossaryck chooses to open the book to.

Nevertheless it makes the theory of "the only reason Eclipsa's chapter is locked is to keep any layman from learning magic" absolutely ridiculous, because there are already so many obstacles in place for that. It's clear that Eclipsa's chapter isn't locked to keep yer commoner mewman out, it's to indicate to the wand-holder Butterflies that this is dangerous territory
>>
>>94333696
I was pretty surprised by how bizarre the end sequence was. Him taunting Moon was fine, but Star just appearing and vaporizing him as he basically waited for her to appear came across as strange.
>>
>>94339132
You really get the impression all the designs of the monster styled characters existed before they could come up with a reason for why they're supposedly different from anyone. There's honestly not many Mewmans in their magical dimension, and the rest aren't all "monsters." Yet there's not much explanation for why or what everyone else is. The actual answer is 'quirky designs,' but the canon answer doesn't really exist yet.
>>
She's a good person who turned her back on humanity after seeing how they treated monsters. She'll probably try to get some sort of revenge, but be sympathetic at the same time.
>>
>>94333397
Before S3 I would've said she wasn't: maybe not "good" either, but with an exaggerated reputation because of her monsterlovin' and abandoning her kingdom.

But now that we're lacking any immediate villain or threat outside of Miss Heinous who's a joke right now, someone's gotta step up to the role and I don't see anyone more likely than her. You don't make her getting free an ominous cliffhanger like the cleaved wand was before if it turns out she's not that dangerous.
>>
Did Glossaryk start proclaiming Eclipsa was evil to have her denounced & imprisoned? Does he fear that Eclipsa is more powerful than him? Does he harbor the same fear towards Star?
>>
>>94341937
Fear is a strong word for his mind. Threatened is more within line. He viewed her as a being that could upset the balance of magic if alliwed to go free.
>>
>>94334788
I thought Jackie was in that picture for a second
>>
>>94335752
>>94334788
I hope star is stained head to toe in dark magic juju by the middle of season four
>>
File: Substar.png (157KB, 984x634px) Image search: [Google]
Substar.png
157KB, 984x634px
Something from the other thread.
>>
File: Superman and the atomic bomb.png (657KB, 431x605px) Image search: [Google]
Superman and the atomic bomb.png
657KB, 431x605px
>>94333566
Probably it's like murrica. It's OK when they do it but it's wrong when someone else do it, at least without their authorization
>>
>>94343641
Hey, have to live up to the title "World Power," can't just be sitting arpund eating levitato chips all day. Oh wait
>>
>>94333397
Yes and I really hope she's the big bad of the series. But to be fair Nefcy surprised me.
I thought it'd end at toffee but that was before I saw Into The Wand.
>>
>>94334788
Man, I wonder what the hell she Eclipsa used this spell on
>>
File: Eclipsa's chapter.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipsa's chapter.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>94341937
Glossaryck was willing to risk the destruction of not only the Butterfly Kingdom, but magic itself just to bring out Star's full potential.
Glossaryck was also the one to point Moon towards Eclipsa, securing Eclipsa's inevitable freedom.

He doesn't fear their magic, he wants to play them against each other so they each (Star espeicallly) achieve more than they ever could alone.
>>
Let's hear your Eclipsa ideas

the lewder, the better
>>
>>94341077
What do you mean "monster styled characters"?
>>
>>94344933
a handjob
>>
File: 1459515099058s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459515099058s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>94338293
>>
>>94344971
Literally anyone in the entire realm that isn't a mewman or 'monster.'
>>
File: 1501201409491.png (257KB, 556x593px) Image search: [Google]
1501201409491.png
257KB, 556x593px
She just wants a snookers.
>>
evil is subjective
>>
>>94334270

The Sith were the good guys, anon.
>>
>>94337847
tell me more
>>
>>94333397
Yes, her personality will be like Star's (joyful, happy go lucky, carefree) except she'll be evil and just casually do really fucked up shit with a smile on her face.

The idea of her character is to be sort of like "this is what Star could become under the right circumstances".
>>94333566
Well yeah, using one of her spells corrupted Moon's arms and covered her in weird, black/purple crap and the only other one of her spells we know about is designed for spying on people. Not to mention that reading her chapter completely fucked up Marco and did weird shit to him.

Her spells and chapter kind of speak for themselves when it comes to how evil she is.
>>
Rational fic by a programmer who actually has a decent command of prose (why do none of you fucking writefucks have any idea how to *write*) with a bunch of lovecraftian elements and a focus on Eclipsa. Has some totally metal moments in the first half.

Then, halfway through, it turns out Eclipsa's a modern ultra-feminist (with all of the modern language and understanding) who discovers an honest-to-goodness pedophile ring in one of the kingdom's guilds, and when she goes to root them out her mother is complicit in protecting them. The rest of the story turns into a thinly-veiled bash on specific tumblr draw people and a giant morality lesson on why R34 is bad.

It's basically a series of things to hook you in so that this person can teach you how to be a Good Person, because you're all awful. It starts out with a reasonably decent characterization (other than Star being the intelligent one) and devolves into purely "oh my god these characters are nothing like how they started and the progression to get there was illogical," it starts out with some delicious horror and fun and devolves into the *worst* sort of preaching.

Do yourself a favor, and stay away.
>>
>>94346202
>>94346505
That was a reply to (you), derp
>>
>>94334719

They've been hinting around at monsters not really being naturally evil and the fact that the Mewmans basically Auschwitz'd them out of Mewni.
>>
>>94346639
*hinting around since season 1
>>
File: eclipsa toffee.png (1MB, 2830x2830px) Image search: [Google]
eclipsa toffee.png
1MB, 2830x2830px
>>94346505
And to top it all off it's sprinkled with some of the most hamfisted pandering I've ever seen.

>Princess Eclipsa had a girlfriend
well uh okay I guess, kind of a weird characterization choice for a woman who would later have two husbands but it sort of fits her outcast nature

>Eclipsa's mother is an insane strawman and the author gives her half a chapter for a nonsensical [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL??]-tier rant, rather than give her even a hint of a reasonable position like wanting to cover up the pedo ring for the sake of the kingdom's respectability
uhhh

>The monster child that Eclipsa and a group of her friends lynched as children turned out to be fucking transgender
>because kids beating another helpless kid to death because racism wasn't tragic and fucked up enough I guess
we are launching a fucking rocket over the shark
>>
>>94345214
>in the entire realm
>not mewman or monster
You mean Glossaryk? He's got an explanation, and everyone else is from a different dimension.
>>
>>94334714
This >>94337422
And if you listen to the words of Moon's spell that destroys immortal enemies, It alludes several times to ancient dark powers in the deep places of the world, who the caster is pledging themselves to in the process of casting the spell.
So Moon might have bargained with Eclipsa, but Eclipsa seems to have bargained with something much more dangerous to increase her powers. What that is, I have no idea if it will be explored, but it's alluded to to create a clear sense of drawing on things that should not be drawn on.
>>
>>94346980
>yfw it's some kind of "anti-Glossaryck"
>>
File: Linaragna.jpg (57KB, 328x292px) Image search: [Google]
Linaragna.jpg
57KB, 328x292px
>>94346980
>It alludes several times to ancient dark powers in the deep places of the world, who the caster is pledging themselves to in the process of casting the spell.
>So Moon might have bargained with Eclipsa, but Eclipsa seems to have bargained with something much more dangerous to increase her powers. What that is, I have no idea if it will be explored, but it's alluded to to create a clear sense of drawing on things that should not be drawn on.
Wait

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND

I KNEW THIS SHIT SOUNDED FAMILIAR

NEFCY YOU SNEAKY FUCK
>>
File: MorningStar_LinaLoN.jpg (175KB, 1535x485px) Image search: [Google]
MorningStar_LinaLoN.jpg
175KB, 1535x485px
>>94347183
THIS WASN'T A MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATION

THIS WASN'T A MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATION AT ALL
>>
File: here comes the sun.webm (2MB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
here comes the sun.webm
2MB, 1632x916px
>>94337065
>>94347183
>>94347311
>You who stand before me, desiring destruction. My power shall destroy you, as you desire.
>I am the mother of all darkness. I am the one who has dreamed for years uncounted of regaining my form. I am darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night. I am the sea of chaos, the source of all chaos. That is how you describe me. I am the Queen of Nightmares.
>>
>>94346851
Well, take Ponyhead for example. Is she a monster? Some sort of magic construct? Or was where Mewni is simply the "Monster Dimension" before magic was created? There are a lot characters in the show that aren't treated as being monsters, but are clearly not mewmans either.

I guess they're all just extra-dimensional beings not native to that particular dimension that Star is from.
>>
>>94347436
I think I've seen you around before on these threads making similar arguments. It didn't make sense then either. From the beginning, there was one group of guys referred to as "monsters". Ponyhead, Glossaryk, Tom, these characters were never referred to as such, whereas Ludo's minions were. There's no common origin for all non-human-looking creatures, if that's what you're saying, and I can't see why there wold be. By referring to Ponyhead and others as "monster styled" you're just confusing yourself, because you're using a terminology completely separate from the show's.
>>
>>94333397
she probably did sketchy things, but i do believe that she isnt "rub my hands together, conquer the world" kind of evil

i believe, even if the antagonist, she will be a very humanized and sympathetic character who either has a good reason or an understandable motive for doing what she does
>>
>>94347495
I don't visit these threads much. But no, I was wondering if there's an official term for them.

Since "monsters" in Star seem to be just about anything. A frog guy. A bird man. A squirrel lady. And so on. Characters like Hekapoo or Baby seem to be exclusively magical constructs, so they're obviously not monsters.

But since the monsters can seemingly be anything, how do you even tell the difference between a "monster" and a giant cat thing?

Or maybe "monster" is just a derogatory term for the rebels left over from whatever group it was that the mewmans kicked out.
>>
>>94347537
>Or maybe "monster" is just a derogatory term for the rebels left over from whatever group it was that the mewmans kicked out.

Nailed it.
>>
>>94347537
It's the last one. All signs pretty much point to this. Monsters are the natives, of different types and visual styles, but they all seem to come from the same realm as Mewni, were displaced by the mewmans, who they have a great animosity towards, and who have an animosity toward them, and for the most part, don't seem to wield magic. Hekapoo, Glossaryk, Ponyhead, these creatures all do not seem to have this origin, and seem to have more cordial even-terms relationships with the mewmans.
>>
>>94347591
>>94347545
It's pretty weird they refer to themselves as monsters, then.

I'm trying to think of any other examples of non-mewmans we see that are specifically NOT from some other dimension than the one Star is from, but none come to mind. Most of the time they're interacting with some weird character, it's in some unspecified alternate dimension.

Makes you wonder why the mewmans were so hell bent on taking over in this one dimension, if there's so damned many of them to choose from.
>>
>>94333397
From my perspective the butterflies are evil
>>
>>94333501
I don't understand why people consider Toffee shit-tier or his death somehow anti-climatic.

He was a cursed immortal who wanted his immortality back, and was probably out to destroy all magic as well. When that mission was accomplished, he began walking away, because unlike Ludo he's not a powermad lunatic.
>>
>>94347614
Think of it like America or Australia compared to China, and replace technology and society structure level with magic. Europeans might have strong-armed China into trade relations beneficial to them, but they could never hope to displace them. But the Native Americans or the Aborigines? They were relatively easy to take land from as they were small tribes, and if they resisted, often they were genocided.

Similarly, all the groups that aren't the "monsters" that live in the fringes of Mewni seem to have some kind of access to magic or power, while Ludo and his goons were bent on grabbing the wand to give them a sorely needed edge, while Toffee wanted to deprive Mewmans of that edge, while regaining the status of his own seemingly-mystical claim to fame, his invulnerability: the most poweful ability we've seen a monster have.
>>
File: IMG_2718.jpg (68KB, 747x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2718.jpg
68KB, 747x835px
So is the music that played during this scene going to be the new Starco theme that we are going to hear variations of throughout the rest of the series? Because I know BHK loves doing that kind of thing and that would be pretty awesome if that were the case.
>>
>>94347545
They are monsters, you God damn Dingus.
>>
File: 1481017781954.png (478KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481017781954.png
478KB, 800x1000px
>>
File: 1501342551508.png (451KB, 500x1581px) Image search: [Google]
1501342551508.png
451KB, 500x1581px
>>
File: 1489902219080.png (862KB, 1019x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489902219080.png
862KB, 1019x1024px
>>
>>94347537
>>94347591
>>94347614

You have the demons in the Underworld kingdom, ruled by the Lucitors, and the Ponyheads in the Cloud kingdom, and apparently the Merpeople in their kingdom with a royal family as well, all on Mewni, all not-mewman-looking
>>
>>94347436
>Is she a monster?
Obviously not. The Ponyheads are flying pony heads. Tom also isn't a monster, he's a demon.

You're making a mistake in focusing too much on the human looking - nonhuman looking dichotomy. There are many species and groups on Mewni, and the monsters is just one group.

Similar to some people trying to divide the entire world according to white - poc and then acting stupid about the difference between people from Congo and Japan, for example. "How can they be different? Why? They're clearly not white, so shouldn't they be considered the same?"
>>
>>94333397

Yup.
>>
>>94341077
>Yet there's not much explanation for why or what everyone else is. The actual answer is 'quirky designs,' but the canon answer doesn't really exist yet.
I think they're just different species from the different kingdoms

In the Silver Bell Ball, there's royal families from neighbouring kingdoms, within Mewni, who look decidedly nonhuman but obviously aren't considered monsters.

There's at least the ponyheads, the demons, the merpeople, whoever are behind Moon, and probably other people too.

People from Star's kingdom look like humans because Star was originally a normal girl and so looks like one - but you have to remember that the Butterflies can be pretty damn non-human looking too, they're actually half-insects or whatever. Closest to "human" might be the Johansens.

Mewni simply has loads of different kinds of species. Irl different countries are inhabited by different races, on Mewni it's different species.
>>
File: Picture 29.png (442KB, 779x382px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 29.png
442KB, 779x382px
>>94349723
forgot pic
>>
>>94349733
the people behind Moon are problem from Garbage beach
>>
>>94347423
I lirerally just finished watching Slayers Next today then remembered the finale
>>
so everyone is expecting her to be a pro monster evil force obviously

but what if they do it completely different and have her be the one that tried to unit mewnians and monsters and got a bum rap for it? like outright just how star has developed
>>
I had a dream last night where Marco led the Echo Creek Academy kids into battle against the forces of evil with "Kids in America" playing all the while.

It was glorious. Then I woke up.
>>
>>94349585
I was under the impression those were other dimensions. Hard to tell in the show.

Of course, the obvious question is, Where did Mewmans come from? Did they expatriate from Earth's dimension, or were they just always there for some reason? Considering they're called Mewmans, seems weird.
>>
File: 1501101527059.jpg (2MB, 1000x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1501101527059.jpg
2MB, 1000x1447px
>>94350225
>yfw Hindu traditions revere the echoes of past Mewman rulers as different forms of one being
>Mewmans were basically Atlanteans
I like this idea.
>>
>>94340861
Why not FOUR OF THEM ?
>>
File: 1495380069663.jpg (99KB, 1024x839px) Image search: [Google]
1495380069663.jpg
99KB, 1024x839px
>>94350370
>wanting FOUR(4) threads
>>
File: star thinking.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
star thinking.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>94334788
>To see my hated foe devoured
this makes me think this is actually a sacrificial spell
>>
>>94350383
Where are these other threads anyway
>>
File: excitement.gif (2MB, 334x446px) Image search: [Google]
excitement.gif
2MB, 334x446px
1/2

Greetings /co/mrades,

As I've posted in a few other threads, I've been taking one of my IRL friends on Nefcy's Wild Ride. He's not completely new to cartoons, he likes Adventure Time and such, but he's virginal enough that I had to explain to him what shipping means. People asked me to post some of his reactions. They may be slightly paraphrased, but here goes.

After seeing the first two episodes he liked it so much that he shotgunned the entire first season in a week, came over last week, and watched up through Camping Trip with me. He watched a couple more at home, then came back yesterday and we started with Sleepover and went up through Running with Scissors. You may recognize this as the set of episodes where shit gets REAL. Now, confession, we skipped a few filler episodes like Hungry Larry for the sake of time, but he's going to go back and watch them on his own.

So. Before Sleepover I asked him who he wants Marco to be smooch buddies with. He said that he thought Marco and Jackie would work really well together, Jackie is super cool, he obviously likes her, and Star and Marco are just too good as friends to be anything else. Well, it's not my own view but I respect it. And on the surface it seems to be where things are going at that point in the series. So we began Sleepover and he was pumped about all the Jarco and totally lost his shit when Marco confessed. But wait, he said... who lied? Well...

Star: Marco? MARCO DIAZ!
Cube o' Truth: TRUTH - Star Butterfly has a crush on WAHRRRGARHBLARABALARH
Anonyhomie: No.
Anonyme: Yes.
Anonyhomie: It's a trick.
Anonyme: No.
Anonyhomie: Holy SHIT. That came out of nowhere.

It didn't of course, but I thought the same thing at the time. I pointed out a few of the earlier hints (Star's diary, Blood Moon Ball), but we'll probably discuss it more after the season finale.
>>
File: smile.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>94351477
2/2

He was super stoked in Naysaya about Marco asking Jackie to hang out, and confused why Star seemed so happy about it. Does she really want Marco? She still likes Oskar, right? Will they talk about Oskar? Will Star and Marco ever have this out in the open? Welllllllllllll... patience, grasshoppa.

Oh, and then Bon Bon happened. I told him his body wasn't ready, but he didn't believe me. Started out well, and again he was really loving all the Jarco... until Waiting for Me started playing. The rest of the episode rent his soul in twain, as I knew it would, as it did for us all. He still doesn't quite understand why Star got so thirsty at this point, but... yeah. Up until that point he was shipping Jarco so hard, then freaked out when the kiss happened. Not like this, he said. Not like this. After the episode...

Anonyme: I think Earth is a pretty gre-eat place...
Anonyhomie: You son of a bitch.
Anonyme: Hurr. NOW who do you want Marco to be smooch buddies with?
Anonyhomie: I... I don't know anymore! Things were going so well! I just wanted everybody to be happy!
Anonyme: Yeah... about that...

Of course, he will come to love Star's suffering, as we all have.

As we went through this, I learned that Anonyhomie has a strong aversion to cringe. He was physically covering his face during half of Naysaya, and certain parts of Bon Bon like when Marco is awkwardly reading questions off his hand, Star blowing up Marco's phone, etc. This bodes EXTREMELY well for the legendary spaghettifest that is the season finale and I can't wait to watch his live reaction.

He's going to watch everything up until Just Friends on his own. I told him that if he watches Just Friends without me I will fite him IRL. We're already set up for Friendship Tuesday next week to watch Just Friends, Face the Music, and Starcrushed. I'll report the results.

Until then, what else do you want to know about Anonyhomie's descent into Absolute Madness?
>>
>>94346505
>>94346750
I'm gonna need a link to that, bro.
>>
File: 1494584835401.png (293KB, 1260x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1494584835401.png
293KB, 1260x1055px
>>94333397
So far everything points out to a definitive "yes".
Although once she's freed I'm not sure if she'll go back to her shady business or just live the rest of her days as a literal queen of spades.
I bet Eclipsa got a PHAT ass anyway
>>
File: Map_of_Mewni.jpg (1MB, 1628x2442px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Mewni.jpg
1MB, 1628x2442px
>>94350225
>Hard to tell in the show.
It's not really hard to tell at all.
We've gotten a canon map of Mewni and their kingdoms are right there next to Mewni itself. Looks like Mewni isn't the name of the planet or the world, but just the kingdom among many that's ruled by the Butterflies, or something
>>
>>94351609
>next to Mewni itself. Looks like Mewni isn't the name of the planet or the world
Yeah my bad I was wrong, re-reading the map it seems like Star's family rules the "Butterfly kingdom" and not Mewni itself, and Mewni might indeed be the name of the world, or the continent, or I don't know. But anyway it makes it clear that the cloud kingdom and the waterfolk kingdom and the underworld and the pigeon kingdom and the Johansen kingdom are other, neighbouring kingdoms somewhat equal to the Butterfly kingdom, all existing in the same world, populated by nonhumans who aren't considered monsters.

So it's muddy
>>
>>94351477
>>94351506
>another insect added to Nefcy's web of suffering
You have done well, anon. I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>94351506
>I just wanted everybody to be happy!
That poor fool.
>>
>>94351609
You missed the point on that one. The show doesn't give us layouts like that. Extra material does.
>>
>>94351506
>as it did for us all
Nice try Starcuck I was loving every laugh. Janna for life.
>>
>>94352616
I know, right? If he only knew.

>>94352895
>as it did
Doesn't matter who you ship. Anonyhomie is (still barely) a Jarcofag and I'm a Starcofag. If Bon Bon didn't cut you to your soul, you don't have one.
>>
>>94351676
>>94351609
Which begs the question, how is Moon Queen of mewni when she is merely monarch of a single holding?
Is there some imperial shit going on here? She she technically the Emperor of Mewni? How to the kingdoms hold and share power between each other then? If she IS emperor why didn't the other states really to her during the toffee/ludo invasion or even toffee's original advance?
How are the families kept civil despite racial differences. It seems Tom's father and even River are exception (or perhaps omens of patriarchs from other societies becoming the norm)

>>94352939
I knowing how bothered people were going to get at the episode got me bothered, anon.
Besides, it's all Star's fault and spying is fucked. It's almost as bad as ruining your best friends date by trying to harm his girlfriend via magical sabotage, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>94353038
Star, as indicated by both Sleepover and Bon Bon, didn't KNOW she had fallen for Marco until she got jelly of Jackie. Maybe if she'd known earlier she would have made a move, but she didn't know.

Star didn't sabotage the date on purpose. She even says afterwards "did I do that?" It was unconscious because her magic is driven by emotion and was already corrupted.

She shouldn't have spied, because spying leads to crying, but the rest really wasn't her fault.
>>
>>94351506
This is intresting, keep us updated!
>>
>>94353108
>being so angry you unconsciously attempt to bring harm to your rival
>not her fault
Come now. Also it's her fault for not realising sooner in the first place, and failing that, not handling it better.
Jackie did nothing wrong and Star will try and cuck her this season regardless
>>
>>94353038
>Moon Queen of mewni when she is merely monarch of a single holding?
Obviously she's not, she doesn't rule over the other kingdoms. It's just been expressed unclearly
>>
>>94353164
Can you really say it's Star's fault for not being in touch with her deeper emotions? Come on. It's her nature, inherited from River, and she IS learning.

Besides, even if she had known, what evidence did she have that Marco returned her feelings? None, because he doesn't, not since the Blood Moon Ball. And the Cube o' Truth confirmed that for Star.

Jackie did nothing wrong, but Star did less wrong than most people think. That's all I'm sayin'.
>>
>>94352752
I'm fairly certain that pretty soon during season 3 the show itself will also make this clear. Besides we already saw during Game of Flags that the Johansens seem to be a ruling family similar to the Butterflies, which indicated that the Butterflies aren't the one and only royal family in that dimension
>>
>>94333501
I'm assuming she is going to be the big bad of season 3
>>
>>94352939
To me, Bon Bon was like watching that portion of a documentary with a predator and its prey. You know what was gonna happen, but it still hurt.
>>
>>94334788
I'm guessing monster king is not a king of anything anymore
>>
>>94333397
No just hungry
>>
File: 1501480380667.gif (382KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501480380667.gif
382KB, 268x300px
>>94353274
>Star's S3 heartbreak is realizing she has to destroy a member of her own family after said family member kills her mother
>>
>>94353371
No thanks Nefcy. I want more interpersonal suffering. Thanks in advanced.
>>
>>94353217
>Blood Moon Ball
>becarefulwhatyouwishfor.jpg
>>
>>94347537
>>94349585
The Nohansens are mewmans that live exactly like monsters too
>>
>>94353424
God damn right, and literally the exact words I told Anonyhomie when explaining what happened there.
>>
>>94347683
Magic seems to be something you can either naturally do or not.

Mewmans, ponyheads, pixies, demons can all do magic. No monster has shown any ability yet.
>>
>>94353499
>mewmans can do magic
No they can't. Only people close to the linage have shown proficiency. Even the eugenic cheek emblems are cited as being the result of being close to active magic for generations. The only one we've seen outside of direct royalty is Mina and she's likely an off shoot given how closely she's involved in royal affairs.
Ludo says he could to magic with the wand but is fucked without so unless you're born with innate talent (whether that be super rare in humans and non-existent in monsters or whether neither can do it and hanging around the wand helped the Butterfly dynasty (and only them) grow magical circuits, is up for debate.
>>
>>94334719
>relatives look like each other

WOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>94343498
>>94344933
Do you think eclipsa has traveled the deep waters just like subtar is doing at this very instant?
>>
>>94347361
The perfect normal background girl
>>
>>94354140
>exposed shoulder
>exposed toes
>sweetest little face I've seen in a while
10/10, would protect
>>
>>94353108

She knew long before that. Glosseryck used her crush to get her to dip down in S1. Star fell in love with Marco at first sight.
>>
>>94353195

Doesn't she? Young Moon had a council that all deferred to her. Even if River was a citizen of the Johansen Kingdom, he still considered Moon to be his Queen.
>>
>>94333397
No, The only reason why she was named evil was because she tried to change the monarchy into a democracy
>>
>>94354337
Just because Glossaryck knew doesn't mean Star knew. And I wouldn't say it was quite first sight. The seed was planted in Mewberty when Star realized that Marco is a boy, but didn't start to blossom until Blood Moon Ball. Everything else was a failed attempt to keep Marco in the friend zone.

She definitely wanted to break off a piece of that red hot Mexican ass even back then, but she didn't REALIZE it until Sleepover.
>>
>>94351521
May Nefcy have mercy on your soul.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9209465/chapters/20887511
>>
>>94354112
>subsky
Oh fuck man, I'm actually chuckling real fucking hard here
>>
>>94333397

What do we know about her exactly? That she fell in love with a monster, when we know that monsters are the victims on Mewni. We know that she left Glosseryck alone, whatever that means, and that Glosseryck doesn't seem to have that harsh of an opinion of her.

I dunno, she doesn't SEEM that bad and it could be a case of misunderstanding. Her chapter in the book isn't even forbidden, Glosseryck just doesn't want you looking until you're ready to handle it.
>>
>>94354375
Moon was a cuck that lived in their country. A french nobleman still acknowledges and defers to another friendly states royalty. You don't just go Johansen PRIDE you can't tell me what to do!
>>
>>94354407

I mean that Star probably mentioned something about finding Marco cute in her diary from day one. That's why she didn't want Marco reading it and it may have gotten more explicit since then. I also don't see why sleepover is the point where Star realized she had feelings for Marco, it was more a revelation for the audience than anything. The journal would seem to imply that she was conscious of her feelings long before that.
>>
>>94354479

But the butterflies are explicitly said to be rulers of Mewni, not the Butterfly Kingdom. And the evidence we see in Moon the Undaunted points to that being the case. If Moon had the final say on whether all the kingdoms would agree to the peace treaty or not then that would make her the ruler of all the kingdoms, or at least the ones present at the war council.
>>
>>94354614
Name a single piece of evidence from that episode. River doesn't count, because as I said not only was he courting her but he was in her kingdom, so naturally he would defer. The rest of the war room was MHC and Butterfly nobility.
>>
>>94354577
Naw man, naw. The page of the diary we can see is all about them being besties. Star didn't think Marco was cute until later.

Now, I actually agree that there's probably something in there about him being cute. But she hadn't fully processed the implications of it. What she says in Sleepover is all about how she doesn't really KNOW how she feels. That was the beginning of a revelation that was fully birthed in Bon Bon.

I mean, compare it with Oskar. She KNOWS she wants a piece of that, but with Marco... it's different.
>>
>>94354714

If it was just about them being best friends (which wouldn't make sense if it was about their first day together) then she wouldn't have felt so embarrassed about it.

And Star at the very least knew that she knew that Marco was cute since Blood Moon Ball, but them already being friends and her knowing that Marco felt differently made it difficult. She says in Starcrushed that she had a crush on Marco but knew he didn't feel the same way and she knew that Marco didn't feel the same way since season 1.
>>
Which episode in S1 did the term "starco" appear in and when do we see Star stealing the hoodie before Season 3? I don't feel like rewatching everything to find those scenes again.
>>
>>94354714

I see Bon Bon more as the moment when she realized that Jackie actually felt the same way. It wasn't like Marco was pining after someone he couldn't have, he got her, and she missed her chance. That's why she acts all jealous all of a sudden. Jackie was never a credible threat to her until that moment.
>>
>>94351506
>NOW who do you want Marco to be smooch buddies with?
God, I can just see your shit eating, smug ass grin as those words were uttered. Goddamn, well played sir.
>>
>>94354826
The whole thing wasn't about them being friends, no.

But just because Star had written something embarrassing about Marco doesn't mean that she fully understood WHY. We KNOW Star is bad at dealing with emotions.

>>94354943
An interesting point, but given the effort Star went through trying to get them together? I don't think she would have done that if she'd fully understood her own emotions.
>>
>>94354614
>the butterflies are explicitly said to be rulers of Mewni, not the Butterfly Kingdom
where exactly?

Also if the Butterflies would rule over every kingdom in Mewni, Moon's war council should have had representatives from all of the other kingdoms too, the Ponyheads, the Lucitors, the Merpeople etc. Instead, there's just people who already serve the Butterflies, Mina and Glossaryck's kids and some local nobility, and River who seems to be an ambassador from the Johansens or a suitor sent over to lounge around the court in order to woo her or whatever. All Butterfly kingdom people + the young Johansen prince who's trying to make a marriage match with the Queen.

>If Moon had the final say on whether all the kingdoms would agree to the peace treaty or not
>all the kingdoms
Why on earth do you think she would have any say about whether other kingdoms agreed to something or not?

The peace treaty discussed was between the Butterfly kingdom and the Monsters, between Queen Moon Butterfly and the King of the Monsters (whose general went rogue). Moon, as the Queen of her kingdom, had say over whether or not -her own kingdom- agrees to that peace treaty. It's just between two kingdoms, not some worldwide war.

Also the guidebook mentions that the Lucitors are considered to be "old allies" (or strong allies, don't remember exactly) of the Butterflies - which indicates that the Butterfly Queen does not rule over the Underworld, since they're allies and not subjects.

Personally I just think that the show has been a bit unclear about the difference between Mewni the world and Mewni the Butterfly kingdom, but all considered it's pretty obvious that the reigning Queen Butterfly rules over the Butterfly kingdom, and not every single kingdom in Mewni. It's possible that the Butterflies are one of the biggest players around, but I don't think that they rule over everyone else.
>>
Why did toffee walk away like a pussy when his finger got destroyed? He could have just capitalized and killed her in the time it took moon to cast another one with how long it took.
>>
>>94355003
It was not I who trolled Anonyhomie. Not I, but the Absolute Madwoman in me.
>>
>>94355043
>But just because Star had written something embarrassing about Marco doesn't mean that she fully understood WHY.

That's difficult to say without knowing exactly what she wrote, but considering it was titled "my thoughts on Marco" and her reaction to it, it's safe to say that she wrote down her feelings and were aware of them.
>>
>>94354375
>Young Moon had a council that all deferred to her.
Obviously the council of a country defers to the Monarch of that country whose council they are. What the fuck? Are you a moron?

River was a visiting dignitary who showed due politeness to the monarch of the kingdom he's visiting at, as is normal. However he seems to be the only non-butterfly kingdom person there, which would quite strongly suggest that Moon doesn't rule over the other kingdoms because if she did, their representatives would be at her war council
>>
>>94354877
>Which episode in S1 did the term "starco" appear in
mr candle cares
>>
>>94354877
Star had one of Marco's hoodies during Into the Wand, but she didn't exactly steal it.
>>
>>94355003
>well played sir
>>94355137
>Not I,
You faggots need to reel it in. This might be a filthy (not)general but it isn't reddit or tumblr. Don't speak like underage spastics. On occasions maybe but you're making a habit of it 'madwoman'
>>
File: Mewni Guide to being Queen.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mewni Guide to being Queen.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>94355108
>the butterflies are explicitly said to be rulers of Mewni, not the Butterfly Kingdom
>where exactly?

Multiple occasions. I never heard the term Butterfly Kingdom in the show, have you? Moon is Queen of Mewni, Star is princess of Mewni and the guide book with the rules of succession is labled MEWNI not BUTTERFLY KINGDOM
>>
>>94355232
It's a Biblical reference, bruh.

"Not I, but Christ in me."
>>
>>94355234
Again please point out exactly where it's said that Moon rules over that entire world and all the neighbouring kingdoms and their peoples

Like I said, it seems like the show is a bit confused about Mewni the world and "Mewni" the Butterfly kingdom, but nevertheless it seems clear that they don't rule over everything, just their own kingdom among many on Mewni
>>
>>94355170
Thank God somebody else gets it.

>>94355234
And yet no one else deffers to them in the territory of mewni. We see no trade. No cultural dominance. No military aid. The butterflies are either talking mad shit or they have a VERY tenuous imperial agreement and their liegelords holding principalities like Johansen Kingdom and Pony Kingdom don't care about their authority any more than having her executive monarch in name only.

Interestingly enough this power dynamic would make sense if there was a large gap between Moon's mother dying and Moon finally taking the throne. I don't recall there really being a regent. Just the council running wartime protocols. The butterfly influence waned and the political initiative was taken by the other kingdoms and they pulled away from their fealty to an underaged and unproved Queen.
>>
>>94355330

The show isn't confused about anything, the show is the show and it only uses the one term. Its the side materials who are confusing things, and even then, its not exactly contradictory. If the planet is called Mewni and and Moon is the Queen of Mewni, then she is the Queen of the planet, or dimension or whatever it is that Mewni is.

>>94355343

We barely see Mewni, don't go all GRRM and start asking about tax policies.
>>
>>94334270
>Monster magic

Monsters don't have magic. That's why they lost their homeland to the mewmans. Only the butterflies have magic on mewnie
>>
>>94355435
You're retarded. If she were Queen of the entire territory the other kingdoms would be principalities at best or liege-lord kings and she would be an emperor.
Admittedly the lingo can change so terminology isn't the best evidence. This is why I and the other anon asked for ANY instances where other kingdoms have deferred to the butterflies. So far there hasn't been a one. Not in the show and not in the extra content.
>>
>>94355486
>only the butterflies have magic on mewnie
Pony heads and demons have magic and are mewni natives. Butterflies and their noble court are the only mewmans that seem to have magic though.
>>
>>94355528
Actually no. I recall Johansens being capable of inciting lightning. We don't see it is the peasantry but both mewman royal families have shown aptitude.
>>
>>94354427
I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this.
>>
>>94355503
>So far there hasn't been a one. Not in the show and not in the extra content.

That's more of a case of there never being a situation where they need to deffer to the Butterflys. We barely see Mewni, let alone the other kingdoms, so using absense of evidence as evidence of absense doesn't make sense here.

For your logic to be correct, you'd have to show an instance in which the other kingdoms have refused to defer to Moon and that hasn't happened either.
>>
>>94355503
The Kings of Great Britain was the liege of vast territories, many of which were petty kingdoms; they were the head of the British Empire, yet only called themselves kings.

I'm just saying, maybe this is the same case with the Butterfly Kingdom.

OR, maybe there's the dimension of Mewni, and the Butterfly Kingdom that is commonly referred to as "Mewni," for some reason.
>>
>>94355875
>The Kings of Great Britain was the liege of vast territories, many of which were petty kingdoms; they were the head of the British Empire, yet only called themselves kings
Gee it's almost like I specifically mentioned that terminology changes and evidence based on deference was required.

>same of butterfly kingdom
It could be, sure. It's odd though that none of the other kingdoms were present during the original Lizard siege though, were that to be the case.
>maybe the dimension [planet/continent] is called mewni
Possible. Their capital could be called Mewni and they might just consider themselves the local super power. There's plenty of possibilities but actually ruling the known territories looks unlikely.
>>
>>94355875
>The Kings of Great Britain was the liege of vast territories, many of which were petty kingdoms; they were the head of the British Empire, yet only called themselves kings.
>I'm just saying, maybe this is the same case with the Butterfly Kingdom.

This is the most likely situation. And lets be honest, the reason that they are kings and queens and not emperors and empresses is so that Star can be a princess.
>>
>>94355942
>Gee it's almost like I specifically mentioned that terminology changes and evidence based on deference was required.

You're asking for evidence that doesn't exist because we never had an episode that involved the kingdoms even talking to each other. We may in S3 with the Silver Bell Ball but who knows.

If you really want to keep going with this, then prove that the other kingdoms don't deffer to the Butterflies by showing them doing just that.
>>
>>94355986
Prove it. I'm not asserting anything, just dismissing. Lets review

>Moon rules Mewni (realm)
She calls herself Queen of Mewni

>Moon rules Butterfly Kingdom (and other's are autonomous)
No other groups came to aide her in any situation in the show. They didn't help her capital when Lizards invaded. They weren't present or considered for aide when Ludo invaded. They made no attempt to ransom or liberate King River

Which seems like it more supported with what we currently know
>>
>>94356066

They call themselves rulers of Mewni and the side material confirms that the planet is called Mewni. That's the basic facts here. And its not just Moon who does it, everyone acknowledges her as the Queen of Mewni, go watch Mr. Candle again. He says that Star will be Queen of Mewni, not Butterfly Kingdom.

>
No other groups came to aide her in any situation in the show. They didn't help her capital when Lizards invaded. They weren't present or considered for aide when Ludo invaded. They made no attempt to ransom or liberate King River

More lack of knowledge and leaps of logic. The Johansens are allies and the River is one of their own, why didn't they come? Even if they are not ruled by the Butterflies, they are still allies and they still have a reason to help out, but they didn't. That's not proof of anything since it there is no reason to believe that they would have helped out if things were different.
>>
>>94356229
Source on them being allies. They're on friendly terms but that's it. River was only as involved as he was because he wanted to pork Moon
>talks about leaps of logic
>why weren't their 'allies' there
>begins to leap gracefully away from any and all lines of logic

Saying we don't know enough is true. Pretending there's evidence to support that they rule all of mewni isn't.
>>
>>
Horrible drawfag here, any requests?
>>
File: 1495969884231.jpg (106KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
1495969884231.jpg
106KB, 500x689px
>Re-watching the intro
>Glossaryck is still there
>Ludo is still possesed
>Eclipsa still crystalized
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>94356449
i request you take an art class
>>
>>94356449
The war council during Moon's impromptu coronation as Queen before visiting Eclipsa. Bonus points for creative composition with how River and Mina fit into things
>>
>>94356333

We know that they are allies because River was allowed in the war room and because River is Johansen royalty and married the monarch of another kingdom. Why wouldn't they be allies?

>Pretending there's evidence to support that they rule all of mewni isn't.

The evidence is in the show. They are the rulers of Mewni. Its not complicated, they out right say it on multiple occasions. The side material doesn't contradict this. If Moon is Queen of Mewni and the side material confirms that all the other kingdoms exist within Mewni, then Moon is the Queen of all those kingdoms too. Nothing contradicts this. Until something does, like a kingdom refusing to defer to Moon, then there is no reason to think otherwise.
>>
>>94356501
>implying they'd show spoilers in the opening

Why do you think they didn't show off Star's new wand either?
>>
>>94356501
>s2 intro
>Ludo with his old gang and his old costume
>Buff Frog still with Ludo
>the wand is not cleaved
I don't think we can take the intros has an indication of anything
>>
>>94356549
Except they do contradict it. Moon as nothing to do with anything that isn't the Butterfly kingdom. River married Moon but there was plenty of English and French bleed over and they fucking hated each other. To say that a union proves allegiance is a bit dull, especially when we know it was River fucking off on his own to pursue Moon.

They also refer to the capital as mewni so it could just as easily refer to that. Until we see other kingdoms defer her rulership, no matter how it's stated, is over her own kingdom and no other
>>
File: 2.gif (3MB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
3MB, 800x535px
>>94351506
>Not like this, he said.
>Not like this.
I almost envy you.
>>
>>94356804
Why for?
>>
File: roll credits.gif (2MB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
roll credits.gif
2MB, 332x332px
>>94356875
for experiencing his innocent reactions first hand?
>>
File: 1501325458887.jpg (46KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1501325458887.jpg
46KB, 500x378px
>>94356875
Not him but likely witnessing the fresh suffering in the flesh. It must feel cathartic in ways I can't imagine. I mean, these threads are divine but imagine actually seeing nad hearing their heart get dragged in two directions at once because he's a rare Jarco specimen who hasn't been jaded to Star's romance after reading Starcucks go ape shit in threads like these.
I sure as shit envy you.

I can sympathise with his harsh second hand embarrassment though. Don't be too mean to him.
>>
>>94356987
>>94357033

Oh, right. Yeah, the real time suffering is pretty damn sweet.

I don't mean to be too hard him about the cringe thing. I mean, I get it. This just isn't the particular kind of cringe that bothers me. I'll still enjoy the hell out of his reactions to the most cringe packed hour ever animated.

I myself went into the series alone and blind. It was only after Starcrushed that I thought, hey, I've never really been part of a fandom before but I really love this show. Maybe I can sperg about it with other people.

So I know exactly where he's at.
>>
>>94355503
For centuries the King of England was a vassal to the King of France.

Also, to the matriarchal Butterfly dynasty, under which a king can only ever be a consort since only a Butterfly woman can have magic, "queen" would be looked upon as an inherently superior rank. Meaning they wouldn't need to call themselves empresses to stand above the Johansen, Pony Head, Lucitor and Pigeon kings.
>>
>>94355950
The daughter of an empress is also a princess, though.
>>
>>94356501
Updated intro for S3 will have Golden Star and everything else remade by a different Company that isnt korea
>>
>>94333397
undoubtedly

good scene though
>>
>>94334788
sounds like Dethklok lyrics
>>
>>94357367
That Queen shit is drivel. They have Kings and Queens. They may want to elevate themselves further from other states with Kings and Queens. No not every great kingdom used imperial structuring. Still, we've seen no great Kingdom interaction or any indication of fealty. Tom and Pony consider themselves on Star's level not below it. Tom's father is similarly unafraid to brawl with River over a dispute.
>>
>>94357434
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
>>
https://media.tumblr.com/23b5fb4d82f84278679d42a44a2237f5/tumblr_otxd1znD9z1tb6z56o1_raw.png
>>
File: 1495368047132.jpg (42KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1495368047132.jpg
42KB, 619x619px
>>94357735
lad, im gonna need moar
>>
>>94357367
>hurr durr muh irl history
Titles are irrelevant, what matters is that according to the map, the sneak peek, Moon's war council, Star's relationship with Tom and Ponyhead, the general size of the Butterfly Kingdom which actually doesn't seem to be that fucking huge, the canon guidebook etc etc etc it really does not look at all like Moon would be some high monarch to rule over all the lesser monarchs, but instead that she rules the Butterfly kingdom, and is on somewhat good terms with the monarchs from their neighbouring kingdoms.

>to the matriarchal Butterfly dynasty
> "queen" would be looked upon as an inherently superior rank.
Sure - in the BUTTERFLY KINGDOM. This doesn't mean the same thing applies to every single other kingdom on the planet, duh. Plus all the other kingdoms seemed to have their own queens as well

I feel like people are being retarded and grasping at straws itt in order to make their headcanon of the Butterflies ruling the entire planet somehow feasible, despite plentiful opposite canon evidence
>>
>>94356549
>they out right say it on multiple occasions
I'd like to check some of those myself actually, do you remember some of those occasions?
>>
File: wand intro.jpg (148KB, 1708x440px) Image search: [Google]
wand intro.jpg
148KB, 1708x440px
>>94356501
We were rused, anon.
>>
>>94358081
>Star isnt wearing her new dress
FAKE NEWS
>>
>>94357489
River's just the consort, not the ruler. Nobody would dare to get into a brawl with the reigning queen.
>>
File: star outfits.png (1MB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
star outfits.png
1MB, 1280x774px
>>94358133
>Star only has one dress
They'll probably do the same thing they did last season and have her wear her new dress like 1/3rd of the time over all the other outfits.
Which is good because the narwhal dress is a lot cuter than the spider one even if neither of them show off her shoulders
>>
>>94357816
The show straight-up says that Moon is "queen of Mewni" and that the whole planet is Mewni.
>>
>>94356501
the real reason there's a hiatus until november is because they have to animate a second Season 3 intro
>>
>>94358163
The dimension is "Mewni." We have a map of Mewni but it's definitely not of an entire planet, or even a continent-sized landmass.
Earth's dimension is just "Earth." There are many places other than Earth in the Earth dimension.
>>
File: 4Mewn.jpg (2MB, 2500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
4Mewn.jpg
2MB, 2500x2200px
Appreciate this post
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496140581644.jpg (21KB, 400x415px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496140581644.jpg
21KB, 400x415px
spider-man, spider-man
takes a dump in a coffee can
>>
>>94358284
>/lgbt/
>/d/
>/u/
>/co/
Not bad anon 7/10
>>
Any word on the Deep Trouble comic?
>>
>>94358298
Shut the fuck up Janna
>>
File: received_10212464124268900.png (181KB, 445x655px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212464124268900.png
181KB, 445x655px
what if Marco was Spider-Man?
>>
>>94358360
Still on indefinite hiatus
Nefcy said at SDCC that if it never gets finished before the series is over, she'll at least tell us the whole story.
>>
>>94358409
She said that at the panel?
>>
>>94356549
>They are the rulers of Mewni.
It's a bit unclear what exacty "Mewni" means though. Originally it seemed like it's the name for their kingdom, but suddenly it seems like it's the name for the world itself.

If they'd rule all of Mewni the world, there wouldn't be a "Butterfly kingdom" - all of Mewni would be it. So, that alone contradicts the assumption that they rule it all.

>The side material doesn't contradict this.
Yes it does, explicitly.

The map, clearly pointing out the Butterfly kingdom as just one kingdom among many contradicts it.

In the guidebook section for Mewni Star also says
>"In addition to the Butterfly castle, where my family lives, there are also other kingdoms on Mewni",
which again implies that these other kingdoms are independent from the Butterfly kingdom.

Star also pretty explicitly says in the guidebook, in the section where the different kingdoms are introduced, under "The Butterfly Groundlands" that
>Our kingdom includes Butterfly castle and the surrounding lands. It is bordered by the kingdom of the Johansens to the east and the kingdom of the Pigeons to the west.
This is pretty fucking clear: they do NOT rule over all of Mewni, only the Butterfly kingdom. She goes on to describe the other kingdoms and who they're ruled by, and doesn't make any allusion whatsoever to the Butterflies ruling over them all in any capacity but instead says who rules which kingdom, for example pointing out that the Lucitors ruling the Underworld have a "pretty good relationship" with the Butterflies. She also points out that Tom will one day be the King of the Underworld.

Tom or Ponyhead don't act deferential to Star, but treat her as an equal, which goes against your theory - if the Butterflies ruled over them, they'd have to do what Star says.
Also Moon's war council not having anyone from other kingdoms apart from River who's courting Moon for marriage goes against this.

Your theory is debunked.
>>
File: comic star.jpg (40KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
comic star.jpg
40KB, 300x350px
>>94358519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYEGsbV0nZ0&t=29m20s
"Marco dies"
>>
Feel no shame about shape, weather change their phrase
Even Janna will show you another race
>>
>>94355435
>its not exactly contradictory
It's very specifically contradictory. The side materials, and also the show itself, show many other kingdoms who seem equal to the Butterfly kingdom, and specifically point out a "Butterfly kingdom" within Mewni, which means that they're separate things and the Butterflies don't actually rule over all of it after all. If anything, it seems that the Butterflies are being a bit arrogant and are referring to the Butterfly kingdom as "Mewni", but it very much appears that they're just ruling one kingdom among many and not all of it.

Unless you want to be obstinate and are trying to insist that the guidebook isn't canon at all waaah waah only the things that been shown in the show itself count, or some contrived shit like that.

But even in the show itself it looks like the Butterfly kingdom is a lot smaller than the whole world. Moon's war council had no representation from all those other kingdoms, because it wasn't their war because they're not a part of the Butterfly kingdom, because they're independent kingdoms. The Johansens had allied with the Butterflies, hence River was there.

Also in the sneak peek of the Silver Bell Ball, there's a whole bunch of various kings and queens. Tom also doesn't act like Star's family would be above his own in any way, and neither does Ponyhead.

Everything points out to there being many independent kingdoms on Mewni and the Butterflies rule just one of them. Moon's and Star's interactions with the other royals, everything. The only thing that confuses it are some few instances where Star's home kingdom is called Mewni, though it could also mean her home dimension, but that weighs less in the face of clear evidence that the Butterflies don't in fact rule over the entire dimension, just their own kingdom.
>>
>>94355986
>then prove that the other kingdoms don't deffer to the Butterflies by showing them doing just that.
No anon it's the other way around - if you're claiming that for some reason all these other kingdoms would belong under Butterfly rule despite them not being there during the battle against the monsters, the burden of proof is on you. Show them deferring to the Butterflies or accept what the canon materials tell you.
>>
>>94358163
You keep on repeating that like a parrot because it's the only thing you've got to support your dumbass theory in the face of all this other evidence.

Obviously the show is a bit lax about the use of the term "Mewni", it seems to mean sometimes Star's home dimension and sometimes a stand-in for the "Butterfly kingdom". But despite this confusion everything else makes it very clear that the Butterflies don't rule over it all, but only over their own kingdom. Accept it.
>>
File: star blush.png (263KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
star blush.png
263KB, 350x500px
>>94358863
anon no
>>
>>94358284
>/biz/
>F
i like it
>>
>>94358911
Anon yes
>>
File: sweaty marco.png (126KB, 597x580px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty marco.png
126KB, 597x580px
>>94358958
These girls are 18, right?
>>
File: 1488846779262.png (241KB, 732x676px) Image search: [Google]
1488846779262.png
241KB, 732x676px
>>94358863
>>94358958
WHAT ARE YOU DOIIIIING
>>
File: disgust.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Well, it's been fun guys
>>
File: 1473817994802.jpg (34KB, 590x565px) Image search: [Google]
1473817994802.jpg
34KB, 590x565px
>>94359064
WOAH WOAH WOAH
>>
File: 1501117127805.gif (1MB, 540x466px) Image search: [Google]
1501117127805.gif
1MB, 540x466px
What the heck is going on here?!

Stop trying to get the thread deleted!
>>
dis thread gonna get nuked
>>
yotsuba is very dissappointed in you, anon
>>
>>94359201
>Jackies face
>>
File: 1501565226312.jpg (84KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
1501565226312.jpg
84KB, 806x806px
>>94359155
>everyone on infinichan thought this would be it, the moment they had been waiting for

>>94359181
>everyone on infinichan laughed their collective asses off
>>
Hey guys what's going on in this-

Oh. Oh, I see.
>>
File: 1487892696163.png (120KB, 294x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487892696163.png
120KB, 294x414px
>>94359226
>tfw this was the image that got me to watch Star vs
>>
File: 1478729161205.gif (1MB, 299x222px) Image search: [Google]
1478729161205.gif
1MB, 299x222px
MOOOOODDDDSSSS
>>
>>94358863
You missed a dong in one of those panels.

See you in three days
>>
>>94359285
have you even looked at the rest of the thread?
>>
File: 1475761864330.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475761864330.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>94359283
>>94359311
>Connie
DELET THIS
>>94359285
So i assume you havent scrolled down?
>>
why is this season so bad so far?
i mean the just fuck around for 3 episodes then they kill toffee like he was nothing. i feel like toffee was build up to be some yoshikage kira motherfucker, i hope they don't do the same with eclipsa.
>>
And we're done. See you on the other side.
captcha: street bike
>>
Stop it, this is a blue board!

M-My eyes! II'm going blind!
>>
>>94359408
inb4 barneyfag
>>
>>94359408
well, it was going to get deleted anyways
>>
File: tom's parents.png (326KB, 752x800px) Image search: [Google]
tom's parents.png
326KB, 752x800px
Well, from Bisignano's mouth we have semi-canon names for Tom's parents: Wrathmelior and Dave. that's cute
>>
>>94359351
But Toffee won and accomplished his goal and his story was over.
why keep him around forever? his aftermath from his win is the real kicker
>>
>>94359477
Okay, now that just looks like a straight up Shantae edit. Who's that hack that's responsible for this?
>>
>>94359448
>female demons have metal-as-fuck sounding names
>males are named shit like Tom, Dave, Bob etc.
>>
why have the mods forsaken us?
>>
>>94359314
>>94359333
Do you guys think that if there's enough rule-breaking going on, suddenly one doesn't count? Nah, what will happen is that when the mods finally stir and drag their asses over to purge the thread, they'll nuke all of the offending posts in a row
>>
i'm ok with how this thread is going
>>
>>94359527
they will nuke the entire thread. Once there is enough that they can't be bothered, they stop with individual posts and kill everything
>>
>>94359534
too far
>>
>>94335752
There is nothing I don't like about this image.
>>
>>94359558
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Seriously I don't get why some y'all cunts pull this sort of shit
>>
wtf i love star vs now!
>>
File: 1500782130982.jpg (70KB, 501x464px) Image search: [Google]
1500782130982.jpg
70KB, 501x464px
>Dropping the Barney-bomb
>Thread still up
Janny-kun truly works in mysterious ways.
>>
File: Undyne1.png (2KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Undyne1.png
2KB, 150x150px
>>94338480
I'm going to laugh when the show outs Ludo as the final villain after he drops another tower on Eclipsa.
>>
>>94359608
Whatever, the thread is fucked anyway.

Does the poster have any Baby?
>>
>>94351609
There was a debate about this in a recent thread, but Daron said in response to a fan that "Mewni" wasn't only the name of the kingdom but of the entire dimension as well. The multiverse book at St. O's also lists the "Mewni Dimension" next to the "Earth Dimension."

Even if just the Mewmans call it that, it seems pretty possible the planet is also called Mewni. The dimension at least is among them, the monsters, and Pony Heads going by lines from the show.
>>
>>94359521
Well but I have to say I kinda like the idea of Dave, the Demon King of the Underworld, and his son Tom, the Dark Prince, the demon heir to the throne of Hell

it's somehow adorable.

Also what do you think Dave calls Wrathmelior when they're alone? Wrathy? Melly?
>>
>>
File: tumblr_omfo3fUZxT1soc04zo1_1280.jpg (374KB, 1280x869px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omfo3fUZxT1soc04zo1_1280.jpg
374KB, 1280x869px
>>
>>94359657
Yeah, so if she separated between the kingdom and the dimension it again implies that Queen Butterfly being "Queen of Mewni" in some instances doesn't mean that she'd also rule over the entire dimension, but just their own kingdom.
>>
If we're trying to kill the thread, at least try to do it in a topic themed way...
>>
File: 1497650488874.png (501KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497650488874.png
501KB, 1280x1280px
>>
File: received_460510677655872.png (456KB, 666x808px) Image search: [Google]
received_460510677655872.png
456KB, 666x808px
>>
>>94359758
fuck off, you and your ilk
>>
File: Baby_DBGT.png (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_DBGT.png
230KB, 640x480px
>>94359639
>>
>>94341937
Very late reply, but when Glossaryck is summoned by the Magical High Commission and Moon demands Glossaryck train Star harder, he goes off on a tangent calling Moon a selfish brat who thinks she knows more about his job than he knows himself, and praises Eclipsa by saying "the only person who didn't question my methods was your great*-grandma Eclipsa, the Queen of Darkness." I don't think he harbors animosity towards her.
>>
>>94349564
would be hot af
>>
>>94359747
>avalonX
Of fucking course
>>
Oh I see the mods finally woke up
Thanks for not nuking the entire thread guys
>>
>>94359749
Yeah, I can agree with that. I was actually the anon arguing Mewni seems to be the name of the planet (even if literally just among Mewmans and probably monsters living under Mewman authority) but I didn't express it well. Didn't Moon literally rules over the entire dimension/continent (?), just that their power/ego is enough in the areas they own to call the entire place a similar name as themselves.
>>
File: Goku HAKAI (you).jpg (340KB, 578x864px) Image search: [Google]
Goku HAKAI (you).jpg
340KB, 578x864px
>>94359824
DELET
>>
>>94359824
oh look the absolute fucking worst dragon ball villain
>>
>>94359880
>*blocks you path*
>>
huh. the mods spared the thread. guess that lambs blood shit really does work
>>
File: images (36).jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>94347183
>>94347311
>>94347423
>CEASE THIS FOOLISHNESS AND WALK THE PATH WITH ME.
>LET US BOTH KNOW DESTRUCTION.
>LET US DREAM THE SAME EMPTY DREAM.
>>
>>94359749
>>94359867
Didn't SAY, that is

The Butterflys probably are pretty well known in the dimension because of their magic but by now it's clear they don't own the whole place
>>
>>94359902
japanese arcade games don't count
>>
>>94359934
Super 17 is still the worst.
He literally had 5 episodes on screen time and his conception is god awful
>>
post liggers
>>
>>94359902
I don't know what the fuck this is
>>
>>94359867
Mm. I actually acted like a huge nerd and sent an ask to Bisignano about what exactly do the Butterflies rule over, let's hope he answers. I mean I think it's clear the Butterflies rule only over their own kingdom, and like you say just are arrogant enough to call their kingdom Mewni just like the dimension, but it'd be nice to have explicit confirmation
>>
File: 1350531805351.png (49KB, 319x326px) Image search: [Google]
1350531805351.png
49KB, 319x326px
>>94359747
>dat Starfan
>>
>>94354052
Eclipsa and Star aren't even really related at that point

we could have some sweet Butterfly action between the two and it probably wouldn't even count as incest
>>
>>94359982
it's not /co/ material, that's for sure. report and ignore
>>
>>94360034
What are you fuckin Randall from Recess get outta here dweeb
>>
>>94360034
>not knowing about toonami
>>
File: 1488325310523.jpg (35KB, 517x406px) Image search: [Google]
1488325310523.jpg
35KB, 517x406px
>>94360034
>w-what the fuck? Thats not from a cartoon its from an ANIME thats honorary /co/
>REPORT IT NOW!!!
>>
File: Googlerick.png (165KB, 542x712px) Image search: [Google]
Googlerick.png
165KB, 542x712px
>>94360052
>>
>>94359910
Yeah I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they were the biggest power players around, very significant and powerful - but still not so powerful that they'd rule over all the others. Kinda like Germany vs. Latvia or something like that, it's clear who's stronger and more influential, but they're still separate and independent
>>
>>94360087
Why does this have googly eyes
>>
File: Best Girl.png (737KB, 948x889px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.png
737KB, 948x889px
Post more of best girl.
>>
>>94360130
I would love to see some Feeding porn of this that DOESNT go too far into inflation territory.
Or just a cute picture of her making pies for the school
>>
>>94360069
>not knowing the board rules
>>
Can we shitpost enough to get Hope's parents to stop fighting?
>>
>>94360072
>anime
>honorary /co/
anon
>>
>>94360170
I want to fuck Hope's friend!
>>
>>94360170
me on the left
>>
>>94333696
I would say this is the best analysis.

At the end of the day, Toffee's goal wasn't to take over Mewni, it was to literally make Moon hurt, just like she hurt him. I'd say for those three minutes, he totally accomplished that.

However, I would've loved another episode of Star slowly coming back into her flesh and blood form, training to get out of the want.
>>
File: 1490497104859.gif (1006KB, 320x338px) Image search: [Google]
1490497104859.gif
1006KB, 320x338px
>>94360156
>you are only allowed to use cartoon images on a board about cartoon and comics
>literally one look att the catalong and 4 threads about movies, commercials, and "draw yourself, /co/"
>>
what if star stepped on a bear trap
>>
>>
File: :co: rules.png (17KB, 371x127px) Image search: [Google]
:co: rules.png
17KB, 371x127px
>>94360226
Okay so you really don't know the rules
here u go bb board rules, just for u. No.1 is the relevant one
>>
>>94360273
Go tell Ms Finster, Randall.
>>
>>94360273
nigger you know damn well not everybody on /co/ uses images from /co/ on it.
this applies to everyboard too
>>
>>94333397
No, probably morally ambiguous though.
>>
File: eclipsa starco.jpg (247KB, 750x2138px) Image search: [Google]
eclipsa starco.jpg
247KB, 750x2138px
How old do we think Eclipsa is, biologically?
In Page Turner, Glossaryck implies that she was around long enough for her daughter to start training with him, so I'd say she's probably around 40 like Moon.
>>
>>94360319
/a/ content tends to get deleted when the mods notice it tho. Also it's not like I wrote the rules, just pointed their existence out because anon there seemed to think that no such rules exist
>>
>>94360434
That's obnoxious and doesn't make the board any fun to use.
>>
>>94360427
Depends on how old she was when she entered her first marriage and had her daughter. If we assume 20, and the daughter got the wand at 14, she'd have been 34, and then for the daughter to train for a couple of years - yeah, around 40 seems like a good guess.
>>
File: drunk starco.png (596KB, 800x2800px) Image search: [Google]
drunk starco.png
596KB, 800x2800px
I hope the "Star's birthday" episode has her getting absolutely shitfaced and relentlessly hitting on Marco
>>
>>94360456
On the contrary, it makes the board bearable to use. If /a/ stuff isn't nuked on sight it floods everything. Shitposting and spamming threatens to run completely wild every now and then, too, I much prefer some control.

You can go browse /b/ if you want to enjoy a no-rules environment, or /a/ if you long for /a/ content
>>
>>94360559
Anon, if you REALLY think /a/ is the one who floods the board i have some bad news
>>
File: mahou.jpg (503KB, 2101x1920px) Image search: [Google]
mahou.jpg
503KB, 2101x1920px
>>94360559
>If /a/ stuff isn't nuked on sight it floods everything
If a single Dragonball Z image is too much weeb for you to handle, this might not be the site for you

Maybe worry about /co/ drowning in /tv/ shit first.
>>
>>94360559
Buddy, the only thing ruining the thread here is you. Just have a little fun. Don't take this so seriously. You're being a nuisance.
>>
I want Star to bleed.
>>
>>94338687
>Ok you are retarded, who you piece of shit, who Possessed Marco?

Gee I dunno maybe it was that crazy ass monster arm thing that's supposedly still inside of him? Maybe it saw a chance and took it, trying to replicate the whole TOffee/Ludo thing.

Star and Glossaryk stopped it in time but nobody actually thought that thing was still in Marco so it basically got off scott free, and now it's waiting for another chance.

Hell maybe that's why Marco falcon punched Toffee so well. Maybe the arm thought it could get some of Toffee's powers if it hit him in the right spot.

Yes I know this is all insane but with this show I'll believe just about anything
>>
>>94360748
but Star cannot bleed.
she is immortal
>>
File: tentacle swarm.png (65KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
tentacle swarm.png
65KB, 500x225px
When is Monster Arm coming back?
>>
>>94360774
never.
You monsterarm fags are almost as desperate as Jannafags, which i probably just woke up.
>>
>>94360588
/a/ isn't flooding the board precisely because it's (usually) deleted on sight. I've seen some threads where it takes a while for the mods to arrive and the /a/ tsunami immediately starts to build. As soon as the mods start being lax about it, it starts to spread everywhere.

>>94360616
I would have imagined it was the pornposters trying to get the entire thread nuked, but if you're so sensitive you consider posting a screencap of the rules "ruining the thread" then, well, sorry about that, I guess
>>
>>94360774
Maybe Eclipsa will awaken it somehow. keep faith anon
>>
File: zamasu (you).png (842KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
zamasu (you).png
842KB, 800x1200px
>>94360810
just fuck off already anon.
the b8 has gone on long enough
>>
File: 1500711051400.jpg (177KB, 800x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1500711051400.jpg
177KB, 800x1240px
>>94360803
It's time for Janna then
>>
File: starget.jpg (34KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
starget.jpg
34KB, 450x315px
>>94360748
I see you're a man of culture as well
>>
File: boxer.jpg (89KB, 761x1049px) Image search: [Google]
boxer.jpg
89KB, 761x1049px
>>94360748
>"You want some of this, anon?"
>>
File: 1495354711314.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495354711314.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
>>94360774
Marco needs a powerup, karate will not be enough, but i doubt it will be specific that, maybe a variant of the monster arm.
and hopefully tentacle porn will rise
>>
>>94360427
I wanna say younger than Moon (she does look younger but Moon could have just aged worse). Moon's in her 40s but without a specific age given so far, so it could be possible for Eclipsa to be 30-something or 40 compared to Moon at like 48.

It seems like there'd have been enough time for her to have a child and give her the wand even putting her age relatively low. Moreso if she was powerful enough to have just left the wand behind when she left Mewni, before her daughter had actually turned 14.

But I just like the idea of her having been around like 350+ years chronologically and still being physically younger than Moon despite her status as a great-grandmother.
>>
File: marco is fit.png (726KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
marco is fit.png
726KB, 1000x1000px
>>94361038
>karate will not be enough
You under estimate the Turtle Creek's schooling.
Leave Eclipsa to him.
>>
File: CroppedChel.jpg (192KB, 966x904px) Image search: [Google]
CroppedChel.jpg
192KB, 966x904px
>>94360152
>"You want some pie, anon? Then come and get it."
http://svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=14064
>>
File: 1490026728139.png (214KB, 424x394px) Image search: [Google]
1490026728139.png
214KB, 424x394px
>>94361084
Thank you for this.
honestly.
>>
File: 1494696169503.png (86KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1494696169503.png
86KB, 500x372px
>>94358284
saved
>>
File: tentacles.png (540KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tentacles.png
540KB, 900x1000px
>>94361038
Monster Arm powerup makes sense but I feel like it would put a damper on the whole "kingdom's preferred choice to bang their princess" thing.
>>
I like to imagine that Star has purple blood.
>>
File: mewberty rape.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mewberty rape.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>94361197
that just raises further questions
>>
>>94360760
2 day anon are you salty or something? Did this got personal for you?

Anyway this only proves the point that the magic could be a power up magic toffee was clearly using Mewni magic he just upgraded from "haunting Ludo" to "possessed Ludo" and Marco arm could be doing the same thing, but anyway I digress it is probably a power up magic.
>>
>>94360774
Monster Arm is retarded

well, no, it was a decent individual episode but it'd be retarded to bring it back this late in the game and treat it seriously. i'm not even necessarily opposed to Marco getting some sort of powerup or whatever, but not that way
>>
File: Kung Pow.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Pow.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>94361071
i hope more hole punches then
i need a Marco edit of this
>>94361151
yeah probably that would happen.
>>
File: 1501400377739.jpg (9KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1501400377739.jpg
9KB, 206x237px
>>94361221
>tfw permamewberty au is canon
Now all we need is broodstar and I can die happy.
>>
>>94361353
>Flash frame in "Storm the Castle"
>Marco gets possessed by Eclipsa's chapter and his eyes become purple with lighter spots, just like Monster Arm
>The guidebook brings up Monster Arm again and spends a page explaining why Star used it and it's effects, including the revelation that it would eventually have killed him
It's coming back anon
You can treat the symptoms but you'll never cure the virus
>>
>>94361468
Marco could just cut off his arm, get a robotic one, and become a cuck until he gets with a sexy grass druid
>>
>>94361502
Adventure time
>>
>>94361643
thats not what time it is.
>>
>>94361468
Toffee died, corrupted all magic, got resurrected, and died again for real in between Storm the Castle and now and Monster Arm still hasn't returned or been explicitly referenced in the show. It's sure taking its time.

Also if anything the guidebook seems to be a way to answer the "is it coming back" question that's been asked since Season 1: it'd kill Marco if it stuck around, so no, it won't come back.
>>
File: kelly.jpg (290KB, 1280x1861px) Image search: [Google]
kelly.jpg
290KB, 1280x1861px
>>94361746
If it wasn't going to come up again, I don't see why they would even bother expanding on it further.

>>94361502
>until he gets with a sexy grass druid
At last I truly see
>>
File: kelly is here now.png (190KB, 446x921px) Image search: [Google]
kelly is here now.png
190KB, 446x921px
>>94361869
Kelly is too much woman for Marco. he would have an easier time going for POnyhead
>>
>>94361869
Same reason they expand on characters like Brittney who probably won't be relevant again in the guidebook: fans might want to hear more about certain things that aren't going to impact the larger plot, so an official book is a good way to do that without wasting time on it in the show.

It's something that happened and so they're not going to ignore, and it's sorta interesting so they'll talk about it more, but that doesn't mean they plan to return to it in the plot itself.
>>
Who boy star here?
>>
File: 1460588579199.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460588579199.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>94361869
>Kelly is in the intro
>No signs of Jackie
>even in the normalfag poll she's 3
Will Nefcy save Jackie from the irrelevance? tho there's 99% prob that the intro will be edited
>>
>>94333397
doesn't matter, the best villain position will still remain as pic related
>>
>>94362155
I feel pretty confident that the only things changed in the intro will be Star's wand and the shot of Ludo/Toffee being replaced by Eclipsa
>>
File: Ludo_Promo.png (704KB, 1020x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Ludo_Promo.png
704KB, 1020x1071px
>>94362172
>>
>>94362187
>>94362155
Maybe one by one each character in the final group shot will die but Star and Marco, and they'll just keep editing it to remove them every time it happens.
>>
>>94360556
I love this pic and all her expressions
>>
File: 1489450836917.png (282KB, 582x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489450836917.png
282KB, 582x620px
>>94362172
whoops forgot image
>>
>>94333397
I dunno. Maybe she just had too much power and went too far with it, so she just ran away from her duties and married a monster. And, at some point, she got frozen into a crystal by rhombulus.
>>
>>94333397
There is no innocence, Only degrees of guilt
>>
File: sturrrr.png (752KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sturrrr.png
752KB, 900x1000px
requeststststs
>>
>>94362493
draw me a start riding a nuke
>>
>>94362493
Draw a doctor who and svtfoe crossover
>>
>>94362493
Stars limply drooping her proboscis around marco's shoulder to get his attention
>>
>>94362493
Draw janna as a fish with hairy legs
>>
>>94362493
Star gazing lustfully at Marco's firm Mexican ass.
>>
>>94362567
w-why?
is there a reference here I'm not getting
>>
>>94362493
Mewberty Star aggressively hugging anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 400x228px
>>94359521
>Bob?
>>
File: star.png (188KB, 644x780px) Image search: [Google]
star.png
188KB, 644x780px
>>94362504
>>
>>94362567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkipW67uPA
i prefer this one
>>
File: janna fishanna.png (142KB, 884x620px) Image search: [Google]
janna fishanna.png
142KB, 884x620px
>>94362567
like this?
>>
File: starvity falls.png (1MB, 1739x471px) Image search: [Google]
starvity falls.png
1MB, 1739x471px
So when are they going to run into Ford?
>>
>>94363006
I was thinking of a more human faced fish Janna but that'll do too, thank you
>>
File: 1474857038215.png (85KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474857038215.png
85KB, 426x240px
>>94362493
Draw Janna but with this style, like Paula Small from Home movies
>>
File: starbutts.png (206KB, 776x606px) Image search: [Google]
starbutts.png
206KB, 776x606px
>>94362589
>>
>>94363650
HAHAAHAHAH THAT FACE
>>
File: patrick.png (351KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
patrick.png
351KB, 420x420px
>>94363650
Requester here. Pic related.

No homo.
>>
File: get up.png (348KB, 1115x895px) Image search: [Google]
get up.png
348KB, 1115x895px
>>94363650
Interesting
>>
>>94363813
>the one thing that bonds males of any species together: the quest for booty
>>
File: star big butt.jpg (112KB, 800x1449px) Image search: [Google]
star big butt.jpg
112KB, 800x1449px
>>94364285
yeah Star has a nice butt.
I'd give it a 7
>>
File: Star thicc.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Star thicc.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>94364305
She has her mother's booty anon, you don't need fanart for that.
>>
>>94364305
and a really short torso.
>>
File: Star shortstack.png (325KB, 1024x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Star shortstack.png
325KB, 1024x1404px
>>94364343
it comes with the hip ratio
>>
>>94364336
>>
File: IMG_02082017_031100_0.png (418KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_02082017_031100_0.png
418KB, 591x591px
>>94364305
>>94364356
Tell me where I can find more of these
>>
File: star likes pickles.png (101KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
star likes pickles.png
101KB, 499x499px
>>94364539
its in a secret part of the spellbook, which is now ashes
>>
File: 1501663266914.png (345KB, 450x771px) Image search: [Google]
1501663266914.png
345KB, 450x771px
>>94364522
>ywn see this bod in chip bag lingerie
>>
>>94364731
thats uhh....
wow
>>
>>94364731
Th-thank you, friend
>>
File: b25.png (428KB, 555x900px) Image search: [Google]
b25.png
428KB, 555x900px
>>94364731
>>
>>94364731
>Pictured: a former member of thicc royalty (and her femboy servant) being humiliated by her new sticc overlord [2015, colorized]
>>
File: Moon and Marco.png (165KB, 792x844px) Image search: [Google]
Moon and Marco.png
165KB, 792x844px
>>94364947
the sticks were overthrown long ago.
they can never rise again
>>
File: star blush.jpg (32KB, 290x326px) Image search: [Google]
star blush.jpg
32KB, 290x326px
>>94364731
>>94364947
Greens where?
>>
File: 1499114722716.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499114722716.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94364947
Brittney riding thiccs/piggs when?
>>
>>94361916
>he would have an easier time going for POnyhead

Well, duh. Ponyhead is Mewni's biggest slut.
>>
How do you think Star would have been if she hadn't met Marco?
>>
File: ponyhead holy fuck.jpg (675KB, 950x2378px) Image search: [Google]
ponyhead holy fuck.jpg
675KB, 950x2378px
>>94365285
Shes the biggest slut in the Ponyhead kingdom, but all of Mewni? Not even in the top 10
>>
>>94365336
Still sent to Earth or stayed on Mewni?
>>
File: 1501329048827.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501329048827.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
>>94365336
>managed to set her own kingdom ablaze in her first day as ruler
>such a force is now loose on earth, with no one to guide her
>our weaponry is mere child's play
>entirety of the western seaboard is brought to its knees in a matter of days
>within weeks, the U.S.
>within months, the entirety of North America
>within years, the whole world will know the name Star Butterfly and tremble
>eventually, mewberty rolls around, with no one to control her mad desires
May God have mercy on us all.
>>
>>94365463
We can think about both, why not?
>>
File: Ludo is strapped nigga.gif (54KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ludo is strapped nigga.gif
54KB, 600x500px
>>94365520
>*defends the earth*
>>
>>94365336
fucking annoying
>>
>>94365520
>shitty medieval country defeating a post-industrial nation with super sonic jets and machine guns

k babe
>>
>>94365336
>>94365463
She would explore the deep blue seas as the cute submarine she is
>>94343498
>>
>>94365765
>Actual Magic
>>
>>94365909
we have magic on earth too anon.
We wont go down so easily
>>
File: 1484711050801.png (177KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484711050801.png
177KB, 310x500px
BF updated
>>
File: lust.png (27KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
lust.png
27KB, 225x300px
>>94366045
>Patreon hasn't leaked yet
>>
>>94366087
But they're already doing round 2
>>
>>94365559
>catching wind of this horrid turn of events, Ludo seizes the opportunity
>after having charged through the portal with no solid plan of any sort, they finally saw what others had only described
>once bustling cities were now monolithic ruins coated in an unknown purple substance
>then they heard it
>the awful sound of large rapidly-beating wings
>Star, the scourge of the earth dimension
>undaunted by her now alien appearance, he and his goons charged forward, only to be blown to smithereens by a spell not found in any book, for it was her own
>Ludo and his band of monsters will be revered as martyrs, dying so that even a few people could escape the twisted princess' wrath (despite no such event occuring)
>his skull helmet and (now broken) dimensional scissors, the only salvageable keepsakes that could be found, now reside in a museum-turned-monastery as holy relics
>>
File: 1485848454717.jpg (28KB, 431x314px) Image search: [Google]
1485848454717.jpg
28KB, 431x314px
>>94366153
>the awful sound of large rapidly-beating wings
>undaunted by her now alien appearance, he and his goons charged forward, only to be blown to smithereens by a spell not found in any book, for it was her own
>>
>>94362187

Star's wand in the S2 intro was the S1 wand from start to finish.
>>
what if star lied on her driver's license
>>
>>94366393
We already know Star's wand will be changed in the new intro.
Star's wand in the first intro lasted all of Season 1 and was recognizably more or less the same wand in Season 2, just damaged. It wasn't necessary to change it.
The wand has even more focus on it in the new intro, and its new design is completely different. They weren't going to keep a design that became obsolete right after the season premiere, just 4 episodes into the 40 episodes it's probably expected to last.
>>
>>94366539
I wouldn't be surprised if Star either gets a new wand for S4 or loses the wand entirely and starts relying solely on her own magic.
>>
>>94366539
>40 episodes

NO DON'T LIE TO ME
>>
>>94366622
>or loses the wand entirely and starts relying solely on her own magic.
Wand is too marketable senpai
>>
>>94366045
You've gone too far this time, heartboner.
>>
File: wand.png (20KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
wand.png
20KB, 250x200px
>>94366622
>Eclipsa destroys the wand for good
>Or steals it and gives it to her new apprentice, Jackie
I could definitely see this happening, if not for >>94366729
Could at least be a temporary thing.

It seems pretty likely the wand is going to change at least one more time, either the Season 3 finale/Season 4 premiere or the series grand finale (or both).

>>94366705
Daron already confirmed Seasons 3 and 4 will be as long as Season 2.
>>
>>94366729
They don't make merchandise of any of the wands so it wouldn't make a difference, despite the fact that they look designed to sell toys.

They're pretty much following the anime model of new stuff every season, but without corresponding merchandise.
>>
>>94366785

But that's not 40 episodes. Season 2 was 20+. Unless you're counting each 12 minute block as an episode, in which case we're 7 episodes into S3, not 4.
>>
what if Jackie moved away to attend college in Spain
>>
>>94366812
>They don't make merchandise of any of the wands so it wouldn't make a difference
Yeah, Star never has her wand in any merchandising or advertising.
>>
>>94366814
42 really, 21 for both.

should be 38 left unless either season turns out longer or shorter than expected
>>
File: i bet the Mews did this.png (1MB, 967x1078px) Image search: [Google]
i bet the Mews did this.png
1MB, 967x1078px
>>94366814
Season 1 had 13 episodes.
Season 2 had 22 episodes.
Seasons 3 and 4 will each have about as many episodes as Season 2, roughly 40 put together.
The Battle for Mewni was 4 of those episodes.
>>
Daniela will come back to America and cuck Star, screencap this
>>
>>94366872
The merchandise isn't centered around the wand though. The guidebook or similar merchandise could easily not show the wand on the cover because Star and Marco are the focus (hell, I think the comics did that)

The episode posters don't show the wand all the time, and even the ones advertising the season could replace the wand with Star's own magic. Like I'm not saying "Star should become a normie," I'm saying she can be and has been shown without a wand because there are still ways to convey the show's about magic without it.

Especially since they don't even market the wand itself.
>>
>>94366924
>>94366890
That's assuming that there won't be a completely new opening for season 4.
>>
>>94366978
>The merchandise isn't centered around the wand though.
It doesn't have to, it's like getting rid of Harry's broom or his wand. Why? They like showing it off and it effectively communicates what the show/book/movie is about without saying a word. If the wand is destroyed it'll come at the end, it's too important of an object for too many real world and in-universe reasons.
>>
Is Tom /ourguy/?
>>
File: S3.jpg (186KB, 1192x664px) Image search: [Google]
S3.jpg
186KB, 1192x664px
>>94366983
That's a fair assumption considering how unusual it is for cartoons change their intros.
Star Vs got a new intro (new animation, same theme) and outro because 1) It had massive shifts in the status quo that rendered the first intro and outro obsolete, 2) Daron pushed for it hard, and 3) It's the network's darling and had been greenlit for more seasons well in advance, so they knew the money and time put into animating it wouldn't be "wasted"
>>
>>94367039
A theme of the show is learning to use magic without a wand though. Like I'm not saying to get rid of it for no reason; it seems like it's a path it might eventually go down (not now since she just got a new one, but we have no idea what 4 will even be like).

Showing Star using magic also conveys what the show is about just as easily. Like I'm not saying they never show the wand, just that the wand isn't shown all the time and doesn't need to be, there's not some wand franchise.
>>
File: descarga (2).jpg (8KB, 107x183px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (2).jpg
8KB, 107x183px
>>94356987

[Spoiler]>background dio[/spoiler]
>>
File: Yasuho is pissed.png (118KB, 282x974px) Image search: [Google]
Yasuho is pissed.png
118KB, 282x974px
>>94367114
Control + S next time friend
>>
>>94367108
WHERE'S JACKIE?!?!?!?!
>>
>>94367142
>>
>>94367142
>*breaks shell necklace*
She's gone.
>>
File: 1489004318084.jpg (31KB, 220x247px) Image search: [Google]
1489004318084.jpg
31KB, 220x247px
>>94367179
you bastard
>>
File: 1495379246684.jpg (12KB, 552x388px) Image search: [Google]
1495379246684.jpg
12KB, 552x388px
>>94364731
>>
File: Blood for the Blood Moon.png (365KB, 581x615px) Image search: [Google]
Blood for the Blood Moon.png
365KB, 581x615px
>>94367108
>Blood Crescent above Tom and Janna
NEFCYYY!!!
>>
>>94367108

Are the ratings for the show actually good? I never really cared for that kind of stuff before but it would bring me great joy if it beat out shit like GF, SU and .Rick and Morty.
>>
>>94367108
>>94367142

How fucking dead is Jarco, really? Suffering is good but I want at least a whole season of Star and Marco in marital bliss.
>>
>>94367137
Aight 'preciate it
>>
File: S2E12_Morning_in_Mewni.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2E12_Morning_in_Mewni.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Mewni could be a moon of a gas giant instead of a planet
>>
>>94367302
People will say they're shit (and they are when taken out of context), but it's because it's on a premium channel that not everyone has. They're good for Disney XD and I think it's even the cartoon there with the highest ones.

GF got higher views, but that was 2 years ago and everything on that channel generally was viewed more then + GF also had the advantage of premiering on Disney Channel first before they changed it. Star's always been comparatively obscure.
>>
>>94366462
Bet y'all thought I was going to do something Sky related
>>
>>94367416
Tell me more.
>>
when it comes right down to it I don't even care if the monsters ever achieve equality or not

fuck them
>>
>>94367555
Get off of 4chan, Queen Moon
>>
>>94367302
TV ratings aren't great and were deceptively bad for Season 2b because the first airing (the only one counted) was 7AM.
But it's the flagship show of Disney's premium channel, so it brings in/keeps subscriptions.
More importantly, it's available online through their app and doing phenomenally well there. Even if the TV ratings look poor, the show started slowly but surely bringing in a lot of new fans after Bon Bon the Birthday Clown, and it's more popular than ever. I just hope this double hiatus doesn't kill the momentum they built up.

If I were Disney, I'd do a Star marathon on the Disney Channel in the leadup to Season 3 in November. Maybe even have Season 3's premiere air on Disney Channel at the same time as Disney XD, just for this event. Like a reintroduction to the series that isn't fucking Party With A Pony.
>>
>>94360874
Someone give me the full pic pls.
>>
File: Star axe colored.png (441KB, 830x800px) Image search: [Google]
Star axe colored.png
441KB, 830x800px
>>94367631
http://svtfoe.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=9089
>>
>>94367343
Nefcy ruse, she's going to make canon Tomstar alongside with Jarco would prefer Marcapoo, what a shame just to kill both in one shot.
>>
>>94360748
Physically or emotionally?
>>
where's the next not/sveg/ thread?
>>
File: 1459579020187.jpg (47KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1459579020187.jpg
47KB, 544x499px
>>94367681
>She pissed herself
I am at full mast.
>>
>>94367431
>XD

You have to go back.
>>
>>94367616
What if the butterfly family were shitposting on /co/
>>
>>94367698
>tomstar and jarco
>not jam and starco
>>
>>94367542
Its solar system probably orbits the center of the same galaxy as Earth's solar system does at the same speed and/or distance since time travels the same speed on both Earth and Mewni
>>
>>94367744
Probably the 'OT5' one. Lord know's we've had stupider opening posts
>>
>>94367847
Nah, people are already posting their pairings from different series and shit.

We don't need a reputation of REEEEEE STARFAGS ALWAYS TAKING OVER UNRELATED THREADS; someone should just make a new one once this hits page 10.
>>
>>94367813
>all of the lewds were Star's doing
Makes too much sense.
>>
File: fallen angel.png (420KB, 800x977px) Image search: [Google]
fallen angel.png
420KB, 800x977px
>>94367807
Yet another fetish I thought I was above, until Star
>>
File: bump.png (2MB, 1280x3940px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
2MB, 1280x3940px
>>94367744
This thread only just now hit the bump limit, christ
You wait until page 9 or 10 and start checking the catalog
>>
File: tumblr_otpwaaPuMH1v100iqo1_raw.png (911KB, 1900x2400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otpwaaPuMH1v100iqo1_raw.png
911KB, 1900x2400px
https://i.4cdn.org/aco/1501439850479.png
>>
File: 1500398590999.png (75KB, 433x431px) Image search: [Google]
1500398590999.png
75KB, 433x431px
>>94367961
> The stars are coming in my gem.
>>
>>
File: Toffee - Yamatee.png (148KB, 498x505px) Image search: [Google]
Toffee - Yamatee.png
148KB, 498x505px
>>94368024
>>
>>
File: tumblr_otrwg1XxGa1s4ckzwo1_raw.png (516KB, 1255x1544px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otrwg1XxGa1s4ckzwo1_raw.png
516KB, 1255x1544px
>>
>>
File: disdain for plebs.png (411KB, 739x662px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.png
411KB, 739x662px
>>94368024
>pubes
>>
>>
File: tumblr_oqiaa7X6W11ttjj2ko2_1280.png (329KB, 786x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqiaa7X6W11ttjj2ko2_1280.png
329KB, 786x1280px
>>
>>94368024
Nigga that looks like my garden grass
>>
File: tumblr_oqjl8gqLSy1v30o4so1_1280.png (368KB, 1080x1589px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqjl8gqLSy1v30o4so1_1280.png
368KB, 1080x1589px
>>
>>94368110
When Kelly's boyfriend is on top of Kelly, are they fucking? What does he do while sitting on her?
>>
File: 1500922207107.png (143KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1500922207107.png
143KB, 600x580px
stroke star
>>
>>
>>
>>94368158
Photosynthesis
>>
File: 1500909860908.jpg (79KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1500909860908.jpg
79KB, 312x322px
>>94368160
>Comfort Star
>>
Star is for ___________.
>>
>>94368158
They are definitely fucking.

I shitposted about it the first time we saw Kelly, not actually believing it then, but then The Bounce Lounge pretty much made it canon during that scene where they reconnect.
>>
File: 135685693.gif (115KB, 499x356px) Image search: [Google]
135685693.gif
115KB, 499x356px
>>94368171
>>
>>94368172
>>
File: smooch.png (472KB, 688x1140px) Image search: [Google]
smooch.png
472KB, 688x1140px
>>94368201
smooching
>>
File: 1435590355031.png (49KB, 349x271px) Image search: [Google]
1435590355031.png
49KB, 349x271px
>>94367475
>>
File: 1500510003240.png (844KB, 1101x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500510003240.png
844KB, 1101x1080px
>>94368201
BEATING
>>
File: 1496447747177.png (527KB, 1327x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1496447747177.png
527KB, 1327x1044px
>>94368201
cucking
>>
Sab
>>
File: 1496028027752.jpg (110KB, 720x874px) Image search: [Google]
1496028027752.jpg
110KB, 720x874px
>>94363108
>>
>>94368364
mad armpit game
>>
File: watcha lookin' at anon.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
watcha lookin' at anon.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>94368364
>>94368978
There can be only one
>>
>>94351506
>>94351506
I made my girlfriend binge the rest of season 2 while I watched and she legitimately chimped out at the season finale
It was amazing, please keep us updated on your friend's suffering
>>
>>94367302
Anything that pulls a half million viewers on Disney XD is considered to be doing really, really good.
>>
File: 1388869775057.gif (435KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1388869775057.gif
435KB, 500x281px
>>94369040
>sweaty 14 year old armpits
>>
>>94366785
Source pls?
>>
>>94370140
I think its oc from a previous thread.
>>
File: 1488146946604.gif (3MB, 541x299px) Image search: [Google]
1488146946604.gif
3MB, 541x299px
>>94369356
Reminder that according to Star, the Bounce Lounge has no AC and she wears sleeveless dresses so she doesn't "pit out" and she likes showing off her "wand-wielding arms"
Thread posts: 535
Thread images: 190

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.