[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Rebirth Recs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0245.png (4MB, 1500x1161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245.png
4MB, 1500x1161px
I've been pretty out of the loop since Rebirth started, and wanted to dive into a wider range of series. The only things I've read are Batman, Superman and Nightwing. What else is worth my time in trade form now that I've more time to give to this hobby?
>>
New Super-Man
>>
from rebirth:
Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Green Arrow
Mister Miracle (I've read an advance copy of #1, it's pretty good)

non-rebirth:
doom patrol
wild storm
>>
>>94333683
Is the new Doom Patrol actually good? I was wary since Way has always struck me as wanting to be the next Morrison for Morrison's sake.
>>
>>94333336
Stay away from Young Animal titles. They all try too hard to be edgy and unique. It is bullshit cash grab to get teens to buy comics. They are horrible and try too hard to be overly pretentious.

New Super-Man is good.
Deathstroke.
Aquaman (last three issues)
Superman is better than expected
Titans is good if you are a nostalgia fag
>>
>>94333807
I've never been much of a fan of the concept of Deathstroke, so avoided. Is the new run still worth reading? Titans was one of my to-reads anyway; can't resist some Wally/Dick/Donna
>>
>>94333683
When's that Mister Miracle run starting?
>>
>>94333740
I mean he is mentored and good friends with morrison so obviously the same influences and styles are there

i'd describe his take as the inverse of morrison's. if morrison's dp was like a bad drug trip then way's is like the good acid trip dp
>>
>>94333973
next week friendo
>>
New Super-Man, Red hood and the Outlaws, Green Arrow Shade the Changing Girl and Bug!
>>
>>94334034
Red Hood and the Outlaws? Is... this a joke? Because I remember that sucking 6 years ago. Did it get good?
>>
>>94334002
Fuckin' A, I'll be picking that up.
>>
>>94333336
Deathstroke and Red Hood, OP. Both books I wouldn't read if you paid me a year ago, but Deathstroke is a dark, compelling read along the lines of Punisher Max with a better supporting cast, plus I cannot wait to see where the latest twist is going. Red Hood, on the other hand, is a lighthearted read about Jason Todd trying to form a surrogate family with a "dark trinity" of a Bizarro and Artemis from Wonder Woman. It's like early Joe Kelly Deadpool but with more heart.

New Super-Man is just awesome. Start picking it up now and help us stop it from getting cancelled. It's on the bubble.

I'm also reading The Wild Storm from the Wildstorm imprint and Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye and Bug! from the Young Animal imprint, though I hear the other books in the line are good too.
>>
>>94334179
Dude, it's considered by a lot of /co/ to be the best Rebirth series.
>>
>>94333336
New Super-man
Deathstroke
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Aquaman
>>
>>94333933
Yeah.
>>
>>94334034
>>94334208
>>94334230
>>94334310
>>94334474
Well, shit. Deathstroke and Red Hood are next on the lists then. Fuck. Didn't see that coming.
>>
>>94333336
Don't waste your time on current capeshit; It's terrible. Even the bar for good is extremely low.
>>
>>94333807
>Stay away from Young Animal titles. They all try too hard to be edgy and unique. It is bullshit cash grab to get teens to buy comics. They are horrible and try too hard to be overly pretentious.

You have shit taste
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.