[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Chriminally Underrated Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 09830980923.gif (197KB, 391x298px) Image search: [Google]
09830980923.gif
197KB, 391x298px
How could a network screw over a show harder than Mission Hill?
>>
>>94330400
Because it wasn't that good? Isn't the only thing anyone remembers that show for is the guy who says 'penis' over and over into people's ears?
>>
>>94330400

The show was garbage and nobody cares. Go watch something else.
>>
File: CLO_07_SA_01_Hor_big.jpg (104KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
CLO_07_SA_01_Hor_big.jpg
104KB, 550x412px
>>
If it's possible for a show to be both underrated and overrated then Mission Hill is that show.
>>
>>94330474
Wasn't that only cancelled because poos had a problem with Gandhi?
>>
>>94330400
This guy didn't deserve such a lucky life, rich roommate, comfy flat, nice girl with huge hips and nice gay neighbour couple. Slacker fuck.
>>
>>94330400
It was a pretty good show and it remains Frozen in time with it's era
Even tho it was cancelled the idea of making animated shows based on crappy reality TV lived on in drawn together and total drama series Wich is a good thing since it works really well
Parodying wathever was on TV was easier back then you just had to watch mtv, what the hell are you going to make fun of now? Movies that get seqiel after sequel and never end? Souless tv drama that try to grab you with overly dramatic low production cost crap?
Man I hate the 2010s
>>
>>94330400
Mission Hill was complete dreck and I don't understand how anyone could like it. Insufferable characters, insipid plotlines, garbage stoner style. It's like the hamburger and cigarette flavored ice cream of cartoons. It's strange that anyone would genuinely enjoy watching it, but luckily not enough people to have kept it going. I'd have rather watched the same episode of Baby Blues on an infinite loop.
>>
File: IMG_8477.jpg (16KB, 234x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8477.jpg
16KB, 234x206px
>only Nickelodeon cartoon without a video over 1 million views
>Rocket Power, Sanjay and Craig, and Breadwinners all have a video over 1 million views
>only Nicktoon without a TV movie ever considered or in development.
>>
>>94330497
Blame MTV
>>
>>94330400
didn't they just cancel it? they could screw it over by controlling all the details about the show, like was done with Star Trek Voyager. Imaging the Sony execs instead of fucking over movies, were fucking over TV shows, and you get Voyager. It's barely coherent how they mashed together these poor understandings of human nature into a liquified zombie of sci-fi soap opera retardation. On top of that Star Trek was one of the most popular sci-fi shows, with great writing and acting, and then have it reduced to this toddler-tier show for normies is so insulting.
>>
>>94330729
It was cancelled with two episodes in the pipeline, one that got fully voiced with an animatic.

I don't know the exact details myself but that kinda suggests some screwing was involved.
>>
>>94330497
they straight up trapped the president of viacom in a building.

the guy was probably shitting bricks.
>>
>>94330729
Despite all the meddling, there are some good episodes in the show and it did run for 7 seasons.

The real tragedy, and most interesting part of the show, is how crazy the cast was. Tuvok literally believes he is Tuvok, Janeway hated 7 of 9 for being prettier and more popular than her, 7 of 9 was repeatedly dragged to sex clubs by her husband (and the ensuing divorce led to Obama getting elected), Chakotay wanted to leave the show and asked for boatloads of money each season expecting the executives to reject him...and they never did!

And I'm pretty sure there are a ton of fun stories about Berman being a twat, but I can't remember any right now
>>
>>94330662
>only Nicktoon without a TV movie ever considered or in development
Is this show actually asks for own movie?
>>
>>94330425

>Isn't the only thing anyone remembers that show for is the guy who says 'penis' over and over into people's ears?

That's the only thing I remember from it.
>>
>>94330400
How about Metalocalypse?
The show went on for four seasons, a special, a comic which crosses over with the Goon, the best selling Death metal albums, and was running smoothly. When he went to [as] for another season, they said that he needed money, so he started a funding campaign. People attributed and Brendan had $2 million. So he has the money [as] said he needed to make it, and Lazzo just shuts the show down completely. No reason was given for this. Some say it's because the show changes too much, others say the fans got too much on [as]s case. The most believable was that Lazzo had a problem with Brendan, as supported by this video.
https://youtu.be/10JJ0D01Dpw

Please anons, give me your input or if I was wrong about something.
>>
>>94330400
As much as I love Mission Hill at most I'd just want the couple of episodes they already had a script written for completed and leave it at that. There's just something about it that feels like it should forever be stuck in the 99-2000 period it aired in.
>>
>>94332570
Mike Lazzo is an out-of-touch shitdick. Remember how Metalocalypse had to tone down the gore for season 3 because of the premier of Superjail? That's because Lazzo was worried that edgy gore would be all [as] was known for. Ironic how Mr Pickles is getting a new season.
>>
>>94330662
http://web.archive.org/web/20150414025950/http://johnofe.com/beaversoup/beaversoup.pdf
>>
>>94330400
It was the WB.
>>
>>94332570
>>94334481
Was Brendan the sole person within the entire staff of [as] who gave any kind of shit?
>>
For only having one season, shortened by a few episodes even, Mission Hill actually covered a lot of ground for the characters. There wasn't a single character on that show I thought needed more attention. Everyone seemed to get the right amount of time. Sure you could have squeezed a season or two more out of it, but they would have been retreading ground quickly. It's just a nice, great season of cartoons. Let it rest in the peace it deserves.
>>
The Earthworm Jim cartoon was groovy
>>
File: IMG_5297.jpg (213KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5297.jpg
213KB, 1366x768px
>>94330400
Don't know, let's ask "every fame is a desktop wallpaper" the tv show
>>
>>94330400
This show really was a great pleb filter.
>>
File: 2002.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2002.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
Anyone remember this?
>>
>>94334493
I've read this bullshit before. Arnold and Rocko probably have one too. Zim most definitely has one. Didn't stop them from getting movies.
>>
File: 1200px-The_Venture_Bros_logo.svg.png (116KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-The_Venture_Bros_logo.svg.png
116KB, 1200x675px
>>94330400
I don't know why I never hear people talking about this. One of the greatest shows in general I've ever seen.
>>
>>94334975
Posey wasn't really explored, but then again I'm not sure we would have ever wanted an episode that focused on Posey.
>>
>>94334481
Season 3 is my favorite season because they toned down the gore. It became more about the characters and less about about an over the top sequence of violence that happens in the last 2 minutes of the episode. I also thought the show worked better with the 22 minute runtime.
>>
>>94334481
>he doesn't like Mr Pickles
softie
>>
File: 1490006047287.png (112KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1490006047287.png
112KB, 466x350px
>>94330400
>How could a network screw over a show harder than Mission Hill?
You are like a little baby
>>
File: Clerks The Animated Series.png (194KB, 497x374px) Image search: [Google]
Clerks The Animated Series.png
194KB, 497x374px
>How could a network screw over a show harder than Mission Hill?
At least Mission Hill got to air most of its episodes. Clerks: The Animated Series only aired 2 episodes during its run on ABC, episodes 4 and 2. Episode 2 was a clip show episode that repeatedly flashed back to the unaired 1st episode.
>>
>>94331663
Are...are these stories real?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.