[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>*yawn* I wanna be an architect...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Domes are cool.jpg (66KB, 701x380px) Image search: [Google]
Domes are cool.jpg
66KB, 701x380px
>*yawn* I wanna be an architect...
>>
>>94328100

F
>>
>>94328100

One of those subtle bits of payoff in the series. She mentions offhandedly in a flashback I like season 2 that she wants to be an architect when she grows up.

Then in the last moments of her life as she fades away, she remembers why she thought buildings were cool and reflects on the childhood dream she had to throw away to be famous.

Fuckin sad.
>>
The fakeout like two minutes previously really took the umph out of this for me. I guess they wanted to play around a bit since her dying was such an obvious way for the sequences to go but I don't think it worked.
>>
>>94328100
>>94328996
>>94329090

This show is really good at making you feel sympathy for terrible people.
>>
>>94329418
>This show is really good at making you feel sympathy for terrible people.

Except Diane, that obnoxious cunt.
>>
File: qtfmdiinblkx.jpg (377KB, 1920x2163px) Image search: [Google]
qtfmdiinblkx.jpg
377KB, 1920x2163px
>>94328996
There's the other good one about her stepdad.

>mentions her stepdad babysits her all the time and he's a "photographer"
>tastes fur in the Kazazz funeral episode and can immediately tell it's from a bear because her "stepdad was a bear"
>during the oscars, a bear that looks a lot like Terry Richardson asks her to "please come home"
>>
>>94329840
Diane a fucking shit. Mr Peanutbutter deserves better.
>>
>>94328100
So that's what happened to Mabel
>>
>>94328100
>>94328996
>>94329872

What's really gonna hurt is season 4, when the series continues to do flashbacks to Horsin Around and we have to keep seeing young and innocent Sarah, knowing how it all ends for her.
>>
>>94329840
Literally just watched the abortion episode today. I'm fine with a woman's right to choose (though I think there's better options than abortion), but a woman in a stable, wealthy relationship pregnant by her husband choosing an abortion just because she doesn't want kids is just pretty fucking repellant.

Then there's the whole Sextina thing, in which she bemoans making abortion a spectacle for the entire episode, only to run away from that aesop at full speed at the end.

It's like the episode wanted to have it both ways. The preachy Bojack episodes are the worst.
>>
>>94329964
Putting kids in orphanariums just makes it harder for the kids that are already there to get adopted
>>
>>94329090
I agree. They should have killed her the first time, I think it would have been more of a dramatic moment. That or just not have the fake out at all.

It just sapped the actual death of its emotion for me. I remember when I first saw it, during the fake out I said "Oh, shit," but during the actual death I said "Oh, I guess she really dies in this episode."
>>
>>94329964

I liked that it backfired on Diane in that episode; she gets on her high horse about a woman's right to choose and starts preaching, only to have her message get distorted and turned into spectacle for others to gain sympathy and fame.

But she didn't learn anything from the experience, which I guess is the overarching message of Bojack; that people cannot learn or change who they are.

Diane's always gonna be a selfish bitch that thinks she's a moral compass for the universe.
>>
>>94330028
Maybe so, but still, the idea of a wealthy woman who has nothing to do but sit around all day aborting her child she has with her husband just kind of cheapens it for me.

A teenager getting an abortion, a rape victim, even a grown woman not well off financially, that makes sense. Diane had no reason to have an abortion beyond "We don't want kids." Then get a fucking IUD.

I just think the episode was poorly handled and just made Diane out to be even more unlikeable.

At least Princess Carolyn had the nerve to call her out, until the writers realized that made the issue too nuanced when they couldn't paint everyone anti-abortion as evil men who hate women.

Like I said, the preachy Bojack episodes are the worst.
>>
>>94329840
>>94329889
>>94329964
>>94330061

I like the complexities of the characters; everyone who seems great or happy or content on the surface has their own set of unique life-sabotaging problems.

Even Mr. Peanutbutter, who is this nice guy and everything always seems to work out for him. He's usually the kind of character you'd find insufferable, but the fact that he habitually has bad taste in women and has been married 3 times to 3 ungrateful, insufferable bitches who always throw his life off track and treat him like shit. You know that even though he seems perfect, he's got his own awful shit going on due to his own failings and constant mistakes.
>>
>>94330130
>Like I said, the preachy Bojack episodes are the worst.

Luckily they don't have too many of those.
>>
>>94330061
She learned she's not young anymore. That's it.

>>94330130
Princess Caroyln's line at the end of that episode was so disgustingly pious.
>>
>>94329964
t. princess carolyn
>>
>>94330184

Princess Carolyn's my favorite for this reason.

When the show starts, she's so confident and organized and always seems like she has her shit together and is pulling fast ones on the other characters or otherwise behaving in a condescending manner toward them.

But then you find out that she's actually really shit at her job as an agent and is always losing parts or getting hoodwinked by better agents. And that she's super easy to fool, like when Charlie pretends to be an answering machine midway through a conversation, or Vincent Adultman. She always falls for obvious tricks and that's why other agents like Gecko always fucker her over.

Every character has a debilitating fault, no matter how superficially superior they seem. Diane's the only one I can't stand, mainly because even with all her faults obvious to the audience, the characters still act like she's so fucking great and constantly apologize to her or validate her even when she's being selfish and awful.
>>
>>94328100
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>94328100

I really didn't like Sarah throughout the series and never felt any sympathy for how bad her life had gotten.

But that line right at the end did get to me because I remembered that episode where she mentioned wanting to be an architect during a flashback to Horsin Around.

Well played.
>>
>>94331118
>Vincent Adultman
Did they ever definitively settle whether he was actually three kids in a trench coat or a comically deformed adult?
>>
>>94334211
>Did they ever definitively settle whether he was actually three kids in a trench coat or a comically deformed adult?

Never. It could still have been a weird-looking adult with a son who looks and sounds just like him but is never seen together with him while his face is visible.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.