[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider-Money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Seeing how Homecoming doesn't seem to do any better than the Amazing series, do you think Sony regrets loosening their grip on the character?
>>
>>94322771
I hope nobody take your bait.
>>
They should just reboot again no one fucking cares anymore
>>
>>94322771
They should just do Clone Saga.
>>
>>94322771
The last two Spider-Man movies had decreasing box office, which is why Sony was scared enough to jump into this deal. Homecoming's numbers are kind of disappointing, but still better than the numbers of the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Still, this might convince them to just go solo again after Homecoming 2 if the box office doesn't see a sudden jump.
>>
File: 1501534967468.jpg (87KB, 689x271px) Image search: [Google]
1501534967468.jpg
87KB, 689x271px
>>94322771
>>
File: IMG_20170729_140135.png (190KB, 999x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_140135.png
190KB, 999x476px
>>94322856
Adjusted is misleading
>>
>>94322868
I know. It's just whenever you point out that Homecoming isn't doing that badly people either start yelling about Inflation, or screeching about a multi-billion dollar marketing budget.
>>
>>94322882
I hear ya. There was a /tv/ thread where a guy was fighting everyone else to argue Sony was "assfucked" by Marvel because the movie isn't making billions and that they could've made more money if they made HC by themselves. These company wars really take the worst out of people
>>
File: DeaDC.jpg (296KB, 1968x558px) Image search: [Google]
DeaDC.jpg
296KB, 1968x558px
>again with this made up bullshit
How about talking about some actual news you DC retard like the fact that you can't keep a director for shit and your ONLY movie next year is going to be destroyed
>>
>There will never be another "Original" Spider-man film with it's own "Flavor" that isn't connected to a cinematic universe.
>>
>>94322916
It is funny that WB keeps losing directors, but at the same time i wouldn't put my money on a Transformers spinoff, people were already saying Last Knight would beat WW and look how that turned out
>>
>>94322927

Except Homecoming is clearly taking directly from 80's and 90's teen movies, which is a different style from Raimi's campy aesthetic and Webb's garbage 2010's blockbuster blandness.

But it's the MCU, so all you'll say is "IT LOOKS LIKE A TV MOVIE, DOESN'T COUNT" like all you people do when confronted about this.
>>
>this shit poster again
Is DC paying you or do you just dislike Spider-man?
>>
>>94322958
Yeah and Raimi's films took direction from the early comic's cheesiness and campy elements while mixing some dark elements in that Raimi was known for.
Amazing was doomed from the start, with actors forcing their roles to be changed due to them being featured as a villain, to complete scenes being cut from the film making it disjointed, to studio breathing down the neck of Webb and the writers to make it into a "Cinematic Universe".

Homecoming was good and second favorite to Spider-Man (Raimi), but it will never feel like a solo film and will always feel like it's stuck to the web of the MCU, like if you havent seen Civil War, you'll be thrown off by the opening or wont understand fully why Peter and Stark have the relationship they do. It's a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

I'm more so speaking on the lines of the idea of a Spider-Man film being truly fre and having it's own style rather than attempting to be a "Spider-Man film", like a Dark Reign film, or a Noir style film, not necessarily those styles or time settings, but something with a little more visual flare that really makes it stand out compared to other Spider-Man films.
>>
File: landscape-1495616708-spider.jpg (70KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-1495616708-spider.jpg
70KB, 980x490px
>>94322958
Yeah, this, the movie clearly has his own flavour, even if just because Spidey is a rookie throughout instead of becoming expert after a quick montage (and I'm not saying this as a critique to Raimi, it's just a different way to handle things).

The scenes of him bonding with the New Yorkers, eating that sandwich against the sunset, having difficulty swinging his way in a neighborhood with no tall buildings, using the crappy homemade suit for the climax... the movie did plenty to justify it's existence as the 2nd reboot, everyone agrees on this. Can it beat Raimi's style? Hell no, but if that's your problem we might aswell argue there should be no sequels/reboots after Spiderman 1 and 2, nothing's going to top that

>>94323013
That i can kinda understand
>>
>>94323013

>I'm more so speaking on the lines of the idea of a Spider-Man film being truly fre and having it's own style rather than attempting to be a "Spider-Man film", like a Dark Reign film, or a Noir style film, not necessarily those styles or time settings, but something with a little more visual flare that really makes it stand out compared to other Spider-Man films.

Oh sure, I get what your saying.

>>94323029

>The scenes of him bonding with the New Yorkers, eating that sandwich against the sunset, having difficulty swinging his way in a neighborhood with no tall buildings, using the crappy homemade suit for the climax... the movie did plenty to justify it's existence as the 2nd reboot, everyone agrees on this

For a movie shot mostly in Atlanta, they got the New York feel down pretty well.

>Can it beat Raimi's style? Hell no, but if that's your problem we might aswell argue there should be no sequels/reboots after Spiderman 1 and 2, nothing's going to top that

The problem is Raimi is one of the best living stylists around. You'd have to get someone like a Nolan or a Fincher in if you wanted somebody with a similar grasp on their won personal tone and aesthetic.

Raimi is the kind of guy who will stick random horror sequences or musical numbers into the middle of his Spider-Man films barbecue that's what interests him as an artist. Jon Watts is a solid enough director(Cop Car is a pretty damn good little thriller) but he's no supreme stylist even if he has a surprisingly decent ability to direct actors.

And the less said about Webb, the better. ASM1 is a beat-for-beat remake of the first Raimi movie with all the charm sucked out of it. At least Homecoming replaced the Raimi-ness with something else.
>>
>>94322771
>Sony

I thought Nu-Marvel studios did the writing, casting and directing and Sony just footed the bill and handled the CGI.
>>
>>94323168
Sony has slight control over the overview of the project, mostly the designs and can say no or barter over certain choices.
>>
>>94323128
He's one of my favourite directors. He even managed to make a corporate movie like the recent Oz movie feel unique enough. Drag me to Hell was extremely underrated
>>
>>94323213
That's kinda why I feel bad for shitty on 3, because he was forced to put Venom in there and completely work the script around Sony's demands rather than what he wanted to do.

Compared to the Amazing series, 3 was actually good and only has the bad stigma of "Emo Parker", "Dance scene", and "Foreman Venom".
>>
>>94323213

>He's one of my favourite directors. He even managed to make a corporate movie like the recent Oz movie feel unique enough

Word famalam. That Oz movie wasn't great, but even stuff like the shifting aspect ratios and the creative staging of the final "battle" and even Franco's bizarro performance show it wasn't just anonymous hackwork.

>Drag me to Hell was extremely underrated

I think it had some casting issues but overall it was some prime Raimi.

>>94323265

>That's kinda why I feel bad for shitty on 3, because he was forced to put Venom in there and completely work the script around Sony's demands rather than what he wanted to do.

Spider-Man 3 is at least interesting because you can tell how much Raimi hates Venom down to actively trolling the audience. The dorky dancing wasn't an accident, it's very clear that Raimi thinks 80/90's grim anti-heroes have no place in the universe he built and he turned the whole thing into a big, dumb joke at Venom's expense.

It's less interesting as a movie and more interesting as a document of an auteur rebelling against the studio.
>>
>>94323307
It's still a fun watch regardless.
The fight scenes were great and a lot of fun scenes were gained from it, despite it being as you said, a "Fuck you" from Raimi.
>>
>>94323181

>Sony can say no

Not really, if Sony has any form control they would have hired a proper white redhead to play MJ to cater to their Japanese audience much like they hired Emma to play Gwen, They are into the whole identity politics but they still like white women
>>
>>94323307
Isn't the final battle of Oz just a high budget remake of the final battle of Army of Darkness?
>>
>>94323410
You people really like to say stupid shit, don't you
>>
>>94322844
>but still better than the numbers of the Amazing Spider-Man movies

Are you sure about that? It's doing barely better in terms of raw numbers. But then you have to factor in how they now have to share the pie with Disney.

They had ALL this extra help, way more promo $ spent, and are only slightly ahead of ASM1 numbers.

They rebooted their whole shit and had to bring in 3-4 different instances of borderline characterization heresy in order to get word-of-mouth. And they're only barely ahead of where they were.

Meanwhile they obviously haven't built up to anything, but we're supposed to be getting a Venom movie, a Sinister Six franchise, a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie. They haven't built up to any of this. I didn't care for Andrew Garfield much, but if they suck with him then by now their franchise would have been mature enough to handle spinoffs. Instead the idea of a Spider-movie franchise seems laughable and rushed.
>>
>>94323445
Don't speak of things you don't know about. HC is making more than the TASM movies (except in countries where IT HASN'T OPENED YET) while having spent a significantly smaller budget than both, and Sony isn't going to share shit, the BO is all theirs, Disney gets the merch money and the chance of featuring Spidey in their ensemble movies
>>
>>94323422

Pretty much.
>>
>>94323445

>Meanwhile they obviously haven't built up to anything, but we're supposed to be getting a Venom movie, a Sinister Six franchise, a Black Cat/Silver Sable movie

Which is why Homecoming worked. It shucked a bunch of lore crap in favor of just telling a story.
>>
File: 1480705318375.png (433KB, 713x677px) Image search: [Google]
1480705318375.png
433KB, 713x677px
>>94323430
A lot of idiots come from /tv/, wasn't it obvious?
Those are the same guys who scream at dumb stuff then have no arguments when called on their bullshit.
>>
>>94323445
Don't act like the ASM series ended only because of Disney, their productions were always a mess and their lead actor hated working with them

>The Guardian has quizzed him on just what happened, and whether he effectively sabotaged his own Spider-Man future by not attending the event. Had he had a row with Sony? “What I’ll proudly say is that I didn’t compromise who I was, I was only ever myself”, he said, not exactly putting out the flames. “And that might have been difficult for some people”, he added, throwing a bit more fuel on them.
>He was quizzed too about a dispute over a plan to pluck Garfield’s eyebrows for the Spider-Man role. Did it happen, or was it a metaphor for something else? “Both”, Garfield revealed. “They wanted to thin them out”. He said this didn’t affect him, but that “I learned so much about what feels good and what doesn’t”
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.