[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the worst to work for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: anime networks.jpg (396KB, 3928x1000px) Image search: [Google]
anime networks.jpg
396KB, 3928x1000px
Which one is the worst to work for?
>>
I have never head any good stories about working for disney. Every one is e x dependable to the mouse. Especially animators.

Nick isn't interested in creating new up at the moment.

Good luck getting your pilot on CN
>>
>>94322616
The one w8th that popular cartoon
>>
Disney, for their propensity to pull the plug on shows prematurely
>>
>>94322616
I hear the most recent nightmare stories from Disney.
>>
Anybody got any nightmare stories to share?
>>
>>94322616
i hate all of them but i would happily work for any
>>
>>94322616
Nick
>>
There is LITERALLY no reason anybody should be working for Cartoon Network these days.
>>
File: 1491796759897.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491796759897.png
15KB, 400x400px
Currently, all of them, but especially Disney. You're better off making and designing your own shit, like a webseries. I bet the music video business is poppin'.
>>
>>94323820
>I bet the music video business is poppin'.
Real good way to get exploited by people willfully ignorant of the value of animation.
>>
nickelodeon is probably the best. maybe it's just clever pr going on but damn their studio looks like a hella fun place to work in. and the stories i've heard have been pretty gud. nickelodeon seems to allow more creativity than someone like disney, which was incredibly strict mandates
>>
>>94322616
Currently? CN
>>
File: Carl's fucking pissed.png (163KB, 478x905px) Image search: [Google]
Carl's fucking pissed.png
163KB, 478x905px
>>94324963
>nickelodeon is probably the best
> and the stories i've heard have been pretty gud
>>
If your show is successful on Disney, they will milk your show till its a dried up corpse, but if at any time it dips just a bit in popularity, or someone above just doesn't like it, they will cancel you in seconds. Not to mention the fucked up scheduling, where you may not get a new episode aired for months.
>>
>>94325060
not even gonna open that image and assume it's about harvey beaks. scheduling is an entirely different manner. the important thing is, are the people working on the shows having fun? are they being treated with respect? are they getting paid well? if yes, then that's all you need to worry about
>>
>>94322874
Oooh I'd love to hear those Disney nightmare stories.
>>
>>94322616
>Nickelodeon will dump your show if it isn't at least as popular as The Loud House
>Disney Channel will drop your show on Disney XD almost immediately
>Cartoon Network will try your show and give you space, but good luck getting a suitable point on the schedule
Probably Disney
>>
>>94325147
>Disney Channel will drop your show on Disney XD almost immediately
and this is bad because? Disney XD is their new Toon Disney. all the cartoons go there that aren't based on movies. and the network is damn good at making your show available. they air it 3 times a day when a new episode is out and release it on demand at 3am of that day
>>
>>94323800
What if they pay me?
>>
>>94325176
Last I checked, not everyone has Disney XD, so less overall exposure.
>>
>>94322616
Disney by a country mile

Forget working for that company, even working WITH that company is a fucking nightmare. Why? Because they're DISNEY goddamnit and you should be so lucky to do work with Disney! Disney gets what Disney wants for a fraction of the price with lots of free work because WE'RE FUCKING DISNEY
>>
>>94325306
How do you know this?
>>
>>94325332
Because the company I work for has built systems for use at Disney parks before - dealing with them in any capacity is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>94325384
Care to explain?
>>
>>94325384
so basically you have no idea what you're talking about because you've never actually worked FOR disney. you're just salty at them
>>
>>94325384
So you were a contractor? Companies always treat them as outsiders.
>>
>>94325458
Also Disney Land =/= disney animation.
>>
>>94325458
If that's what you want to believe, kiddo

>>94325446
I work for a software company, but any company that does B2B sales has likely at least talked with Disney.

In a nutshell the higher-ups at Disney are way up their own ass about how big and powerful Disney is and how big their deals end up so they demand a lot - and not very kindly. Lots of ultimatums about canceling contracts and such.

They demand flawless products but don't want to UAT (that's your job!), don't want to pay for out-of-scope hours (and with their perfectionist requirements it's always out-of-scope), and in general act like huge assholes.

If you've ever been in the offices under Magic Kingdom for a reason other than for a tour or going to Disney jail you'll know what I'm talking about.
>>
They're all fucking awful, soul-sucking shells of their former selves, but I always hear the worst stories from Disney.
>>
Disney, but for right now its CN since your show will barely be aired
>>
>>94322616
the worst is probably disney but only their television animation department. they don't give two shits about their shows. walt disney animation studios on the other hand? fucking heaven by comparison
>>
File: OhBphnr.jpg (44KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
OhBphnr.jpg
44KB, 720x480px
>>94325522
>I'm a literal child who doesn't know what "corporate culture" means
I'm sorry I ruined your dream job, Britney
>>
>>94322639
Disney was much better when Eisner was running the company, it did not go south until Igor took over all the up to the point that he was hiring illegals to do the animation which he did get find for.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/animation-wage-fixing-lawsuit-explainer-community-131812.html

I did talk to their feature unit however, they would of hire me if they were still doing hand drawn films but because they're CG only no job.

I was talking the the crew to Loud House in order to fix their show so that they can put Korra to shame and give Voltron:LD a run from it's money but the crew told me to fuck off.

Never talked to CN staff however.
>>
>>94322616
CN, I doubt any creator with self-respect would want his/her creation to be overshadowed by you-know-what.
>>
>>94325819
Yeah, sure, and I'm a talking moose playing a rock.
>>
>>94326132
>namefag
Also while Disney is making shit tons of money right now, the quality of their content from the different parts of the company is all over the fucking place.
>>
Hard to say, CN probably passes out the smallest budgets and more or less just leaves people to figure their shit out and get the show made, Nick was probably top tier to work for during their height but unless if you're one of their three successful shows it's probably dark times now. Disney gets trash talked constantly and they don't seem to endorse creativity or quality.
>>
>>94325117
>not opening the image that answers your questions
I hope nobody hires you anywhere at any time in space
>>
>>94325237
>Last I checked, not everyone has Disney XD
But it's easier for everybody to get the XD app.

Did you know Milo Murphy's Law is getting a second season even though nobody cared about it? It's because of the app
>>
>>94327533
The only reason no one cared about Milo is because the show dropped off the face of the earth and went into hiatus the moment it premiered.
>>
File: 1494962351822.jpg (35KB, 277x245px) Image search: [Google]
1494962351822.jpg
35KB, 277x245px
>>94325060
>Carl's bloo bloo story
He should fucking count his lucky stars they even still air HB on Nicktoons
If that were CN, it'd be buried under a mountain of TTG or forced to week under Boomerang then have it shoehorned in their app.
>>
>>94325681
They're two different divisions that rarely ever mix you retard. Especially for televsion
>>
>>94322616
Nick is considered to be the most tolerable but they pay the least of all the major networks

Disney has the worst corporate culture of them all and there is a lot of dog eat dog there. Plus absolutely anyone can be fired on a whim. However working there looks great on a resume.

Cartoon Network is actually very tiny, only has about a third of the people working for it as Nick, the pay is decent but not much in the way of opportunity at all of all three.
>>
>>94328320
>acting as if being forced to eat shit means you arent allowed to complain if the alternative is being forgotten by everyone AND forced to eat shit.

just because the alternative is worse doesnt mean we arent allowed to complain about our current situations anon. Otherwise everyone in America couldnt complain about ANYTHING cause we live in a first world country.
>>
>>94322616
I'm guessing you mean as a show runner?

It seems like all the networks are struggling to got the views they once got, this is just speculation but it seems like they're taking more extreme measures to get those views and playing it safe.

Nickelodeon still gets good ratings from Spongebob reruns, so they seem to be willing to leave shows for dead on Nicktoons if they don't quickly reach the level of ratings that Spongebob pulls in. Didn't that show Bunsen Is a Beast just premiere pretty recently? I was flipping through the channels and I already see it on Nicktoons.

Disney Channel seems to be willing to give creators a bit more of a chance but creators will find themselves dealing with "Disney culture". Anything that Disney makes has their seal of approval and Disney does NOT like tainting the company's brand with anything it deems as potentially hurting its family-friendly image. That means that there will probably be stricter guidelines on what you can and can't do, i.e. stricter censors.

CN used to be the underdog but now it's pretty even with the other channels so it's starting to play it safer too. I wouldn't go to this channel to pitch my show as it is right now, since it doesn't look like it'd be given a fair shot. Every time I switch to the channel it's Teen Titan's Go. I guess Cartoon Network found their Spongebob. Having to deal with the "bombs" as a creator must be incredibly frustrating.
>>
>>94322616
It's more of a question of what seems less worse to you:

Working for TTG and having all your pitches stolen for plots for TTG.

Being routinely diddled by Dan the Man.

Living with the shame of working for the mouse.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.