[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Cartoon_Cartoon_Fridays_Logo.png (94KB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Cartoon_Fridays_Logo.png
94KB, 350x261px
Why did it die?
>>
>>94317961
Time.
>>
>>94317961
Too expensive to produce good quality shows.
>>
>>94317961
Because CN real
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 714x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 714x354px
>>
>>94321010
;-;
>>
the whole "cartoon cartoon" category basically died out. Billy and Mandy, Codename KND and Ed Edd n' Eddy managed to keep going, but by the end point most of the cartoon cartoons were long dead and viewed to death.

Then Fridays turned into a painful-to-watch live shitshow with whatever new cartoon CN had acquired from another network being shown on it. I don't know what that Tommy guy is doing now, but I hope he gets shit for it even now.

YAY WE ALL WIN!
>>
The shows are shit now
>>
>>94321010
Yeah...
Now remove all the Hana Barbera show characters nobody watched

>but anon I totally

Bitch please. It was even a joke that nobody watched those cartoons in one of the old bumps.

https://youtu.be/m44IYWm3Ch0
>>
>>94322219
i watched them
>>
>>94322219
>Hana Barbera

*Hanna Barbera
>>
>>94317961
Prolly weren't getting the ratings/profit they used to.
>>
>>94322219
as you're typing while watching an all day TTGO marathon
>>
>>94317961
Times changed.

I mean it's been over 10 years, closer to 15 now I think.
>>
>>94322219
so that explains all the TTGO, all of the good characters are out sick
>>
>>94324699
Paid Vacation Time can be a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>94324534
>Prolly
>>
File: CN.jpg (97KB, 634x707px) Image search: [Google]
CN.jpg
97KB, 634x707px
>>94322219
>Now remove all the Hana Barbera show characters nobody watched
Even then, the theater wouldn't look as empty as below.
>>
>>94327032
The top was for an actual movie production, the bottom is just some TV bumper.
>>
>>94327032
This isn't a fair comparison. Top has cartoon characters of several decade while bottom only has current ones and not even all of them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170801-123227.png (435KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170801-123227.png
435KB, 960x720px
>>94327032
It became empty around the CN City days.
>>
>>94317961
Too many external factors. Shows like PPG and Dexter began to decline in quality to more seasons they had, some shows like Courage and Ed Edd and Eddy finished on their own terms. There's also the fact that the creators don't want to work on one show for decades, lest it rot and become zombie Simpsons.
>>
>>94322219
You don't get it, do you?

For most of us, it wasn't about the fact that those cartoons aired while we were at school (or later on a different but related channel). It was the fact that those cartoons were respected enough to stand tall with the modern cartoons we loved in the evenings. There was a genuine feeling of love for cartoons back in those days, where Chicken could have just as much screentime in a bumper as Fred Flintstone and fucking Zandor from The Herculoids.

If nothing else the network was much better at faking their love of cartoons, which is missing in this day and age.
>>
>>94317961
all the cartoon cartoons were cancelled
>>
>>94327269
Yeah I sure was happy Magilla Gorilla got to have more screentime
>>
File: do not.png (324KB, 540x529px) Image search: [Google]
do not.png
324KB, 540x529px
>>94322219
Bro, I grew up watching the shows that my mom and pop watched when they were kids, which is, in turn, also what my grandpa and grandma watched when they were kids.

I remember sitting next to my dad as he talked to me about how he remembers when Johnny Quest was the coolest show he ever watched and how my grandpa teaches me about the history of animation when they were showing shorts in movie theaters instead of TV. It was honestly magical that I had a topic other than school and life that interested younger me that I could discuss with two generations before mine.

Fuck off back to your Raven thread so you could talk about how fuckable TTG Raven is, underage fag.
>>
>>94327335
Does the word "respect" mean nothing to you? I assume not, since you completely dodged the point I was making.
>>
>>94327362
There's no way a show like Johnny Quest would be allowed to exist in modern times. It was too based for it's own good.
>>
>>94327335
I suppose they were good to have from a cultural standpoint. We might have not all loved rape ape but we knew who he was. Even though i didnt have extensive knowledge of Hannah barberra, i knew almost every character in harbey birdman when i watched it a few years back.

Not sure if it justifies those shows being on CN but i like that i have the knowledge of them. That doesn't make CN money though.
>>
>>94318552
it died years before CN real and Stu Snyder
>>
>>94322219
Take them out and you'd have less characters--absolutely true. But the reality? AT LEAST they went to the effort of trying to fill the screen. Is it just fillers? But aesthetically, it just looks better. What hypes a person more for a movie: a near empty and bored looking theater, or one that's packed and rumbling with excitement?

It isn't a matter of 'what they have and don't have' for me, its a matter of that they're not even trying to pad the room to make the shot actually look decent. The new one is just depressing, like its supposed to be a picture of the turnout for Norm of the North or something.
>>
>>94327032
Jeez, Jake didn't even bring Finn with him. They had an opportunity to pad more space with the obvious buddy combo and they didn't.
>>
>>94317961
Money most likely and viewership wasn't the same.

On top of that the quality of new shows premiering on Fridays was pretty poor.
>>
Speaking of Cartoon Cartoons

The only thing CN kept to it was the theme song that was still used on the ripple logo until 2016.
>>
>>94331608
that surprises me since Billy and Mandy and KND were still airing.

I remember towards the end of CCF they just stopped making an effort with the whole "a cartoon character is hosting the show" and just started mixing old clips together. That was pretty depressing, especially after this bit of fried gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWptaJVsAaE
>>
>>94321010
What's wrong with Eustace?
>>
>>94331847
>Don't make me sing!
God damn I miss old Cartoon Network so much.
>>
File: IMG_2254.jpg (86KB, 1099x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2254.jpg
86KB, 1099x938px
>Remember the Time, Ed became a Powerpuff
>>
>>94331847
Johnny messing with Double D is the best
>>
>>94327214
Dexter's Laboratory declined in quality because Genndy stopped producing it.
>>
They didn't have enough time to green light everything
>>
>>94327113
What video is the screenshot from?
>>
>>94337057
I think the CN city bumper where the eds scam the twins from camp lazlo to get into the theatre.
>>
>>94321975
>>94331781
According to a conversation I had with Jim Samples on Facebook, they kept using "Cartoon Cartoons" in various forms after 2003, for example there was the Cartoon Cartoon Show during the City era which had reruns of old shows.

But many of the new shows from Cartoon Network did not carry that moniker since some were very different from the earlier shows and shorts that preceded them - like Ben 10, Juniper Lee, Puffy AmiYumi, for example they were very different from shows like Powerpuff Girls, Sheep in the Big City, and Ed Edd n Eddy (some would say not as good).
>>
>>94321010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWKkndwrCs

Skip to 3:14

Also, keep in mind that, alongside the Hanna Barbera characters are also Looney Tunes who existed long before CN; they could be taken out, too.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.