[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are mutants human?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 34

File: mutants.jpg (177KB, 724x938px) Image search: [Google]
mutants.jpg
177KB, 724x938px
Are mutants human?
>>
>>94317392
More than OPs.
>>
Yes, they belong to the homo genus, therefore human. They are not, however, the next stage in human evolution and I don't think X-Men writers actually know what evolution even is.
>>
>>94317392
Interesting I don't find myself agreeing with Pryde's ideas of what is and isn't most American nowadays. History paints a funny story. Some elements just don't make sense till you find yourself in a situation that relates.
>>
No, they are as they like to call themselves, "Homo Superior".
>>
>>94317515
See
>>94317463
>>
>>94317392
>Are mutants human?
Not according to Marvel.

Which is ironic. Considering there's a group called the Inhumans (which literally means not human) who are treated better.
>>
>>94317392

Main problem with Xmen comics right here. Mutants like Kitty, Storm, Cyclops, etc. are human, but what about Nightcrawler? Mystique? Or any other mutant that makes them look non-human or possess non human physiology?

Then what about the Fantastic Four and Spider-man and other meta humans? Aren't their powers from having mutated DNA, albeit from some sort of accident.
>>
File: Glob-Herman.png (473KB, 443x640px) Image search: [Google]
Glob-Herman.png
473KB, 443x640px
>human
>>
>>94317780

That's not the main problem. The main problem is mentioned on that page: mutants can't simply be treated like any other minority group because, unlike any other minority group, they have members that are the equivalent of walking nuclear bombs. It is not "bigotry" for people to be just a little bit nervous about the idea of having to work alongside or have their children attend the same school as mutants.

Sure, you've got mutants that are harmless, like Eye Boy. But then you've got ones like Wither that can not only cause people to vaporize by touching them, their power ACTIVELY COMPELS THEM to use it on living things. Or Cyclops, who, if his glasses get knocked off for whatever reason, can level a city block in the blink of an eye. Or that one mutant whose ability was just "everything organic in a certain radius of me just fucking melts, and I can't turn it off".

Asking people to just treat mutants as normal human beings from a legal perspective is the very height of idiocy. At their most benign they're just weird-looking, but on average that's like asking people not to be concerned about someone who is constantly armed at all times and may not always have total control over whether they pull the trigger or not.
>>
>>94317392
Yes.
>>
>>94317392
Were Homo-Habilis human?
MMMMMMH???
>>
didn't marvel go to court over whether or not mutants are humans? they said no
>>
>>94317392
We can breed with them, they are as Human as Black People.
>>
>>94318082
haha so not human at all? xDD
>>
They're cousins. Think of Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon. Common ancestor.
>>
File: spidey on mutants.jpg (87KB, 307x620px) Image search: [Google]
spidey on mutants.jpg
87KB, 307x620px
>>94317392
Fuck mutants.
>>
>>94317392
didn't the 90s x-men cartoon deal with that already?

hence master mold determining to kill all humans (MM doesn't see any difference).
>>
>>94317392
Mutants and regular folk can still produce fertile offspring, so of course they're human. I've always been unclear on how a single gene somehow gets them considered a different species.
>>
>>94317392

Kitty actually makes a good point about the AI also targeting humans who had minor mutations.
>>
>>94317513
You sound like an incredible fag
>>
>>94317392
She is avoiding his argument outright and changing the subject of mass destructive mutants. Typical mutie.
>>
>>94317392
>Mutants are the next stage in human evolution
incorrect
>>
Have the tariff codes ever changed?
>>
>>94317392

The very idea of a "mutant" is that it's a mutant variation of standard gene.

Marvel muddied the waters and it's been undecided ever since.
>>
>>94318007

This is why comparing them to minorities has been bullshit.
>>
>>94318612
Not really. AI or any such facsimile intellect isn't an absolute judge of anything by nature of its design. A human has faulty logic, a machine faulty programming.

If a higher being with higher awareness saw no difference between humans and mutants then she'd have a case, but so far things like the Phoenix force, Celestials, etc seem to have a very specific idea of the difference between the two. So, there you go.
>>
>>94317759
Probably because there hasn't been a group calling themselves the Brotherhood of Evil Inhumans running around committing crimes against humanity the way that the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants has. And that Black Bolt isn't a terrorist who was found guilty of crimes against humanity like Magneto was.

Anything bad the Inhumans've done the mutants did first and more than once.
>>
>>94317392
They're arguing to morality here and arguing it the wrong fucking way. On both sides.

Trying to make it an issue of minorities and humans is idiotic. Minorities aren't born with the ability to level city blocks no matter what jokes would have you believe.

In a comparable situation a five year old mutant and five year old Mexican illegal should of course be treated vastly different. Otherwise if the tyke has lazer eyes he's going to take out a city block.
>>
File: 1492044619647.png (242KB, 580x390px) Image search: [Google]
1492044619647.png
242KB, 580x390px
>>94317821
>>
>>94317392

No.

Gas the mutants. Race war now.
>>
>>94319335
>Little kid flush from the desert gets held by a nurse.
>Tries to fight her off, maybe bites her but can be controlled and calmed down.
>Mutie blows her fucking head off.
Marvel writers don't put a lot of thought into shit.
>>
>>94317392
No Marvel even argued this in US court.
>>
>>94317392
As the Holy God-Emperor once said, both yes and no. They're born human and human in soul and spirit but they're not human because they're advanced stages of human evolution with different variables in their genes
>>
>>94320009
forgot pic
>>
I didn't know /co/ was filled with so many mutie lovers.

Tumblr really has taken over.
>>
>>94317392
Technically no.

A long time ago there was a toy deal controversy about the X-Men. They couldn't be made because there was this rule about human action figures and violence or some shit like that. Marvel got around by saying they weren't humans, they were Mutant (a different species).

Because of this, Mutants are technically not Human.
>>
File: sg2.jpg (276KB, 900x1491px) Image search: [Google]
sg2.jpg
276KB, 900x1491px
Is this girl human?
>>
>>94317392

Marvel argued they aren't to get cheaper toys

But like humans and mutants can have kids. They're the same
>>
Yeah?

I mean Hulk can level cities and he's human.
>>
Man what's with Kitty's awful new haircut did she jump on the post election makeover bandwagon
>>
Isn't the reason every bad future where Sentinels destroyed everything always caused by their programming eventually deciding humans and mutants are the same target?
>>
>>94320667
Yup. Because cancer or something else gets classified as a mutation to them.
>>
>>94317392
Maybe they should stop calling themselves the next step in human evolution. Might help with PR.
>>
>>94317392
This is stupid the Celestials made thousands of types of Humanoids. Don't they fucking know this by now.
>>
>>94318007
The writers need to make a distinction between harmless mutants and world destroyers. Every time the X-men bring up how the legitimately dangerous mutants should be completely totally unwatched they sound more and more like the hyper fringe gun nuts who think it's a good idea for people to have Duke Nukem esk arsenals
>>
>>94318594
Master Mold was right
>>
>>94317392
>This is about human rights
Oh, so NOW you admit that Alex was right
>>
>>94319266
Black Bolt is a terrorist, set off a biological weapon that forcefully mutated thousands all over the world, the only reason everyone is ok with that is because the Inhumans have a person who brainwashes world leaders
>>
>>94317463

>Yes, they belong to the homo genus, therefore human.

Would you really call australopithecus or erectus human? Mutants are different species of humans. And not some "racist" assertion either, they are legitimately different species. You wouldn't call Tiger a Lion either, or Gorilla an Orangutan.
>>
as >>94317463 says they are about as human as modern humans were to neanderthals which is to say not very but by definition are by merit of being but of the same genus as us.
>>
>>94317392
Mutants are not human, Marvel argued so previously, therefore they are a competeting species and killing them is a moral imperative for the survival of Humanity.
>>
>>94317392
I swear, this is the single dumbest one-line thread ever posted on this board.

YES, ANON. THEY ARE. Because the word MUTANT implies they are a MUTATED SOMETHING. Care to take a guess at what that something is?
>>
>>94322274
Nah, they're the same species. It's not a tiger lion difference.
>>
Guggenheim couldn't write anything good if his life depended on it.
>>
>>94322364

You're right. Its a human and human who can fly and destroy buildings by staring at them- difference.
>>
>>94317392
nah, "humans" are defective "mutants". as such should be put down to end their suffering.
>>
>>94317392
I don't know, Kitty, are you a nigger?
>>
>>94317392
Better question.
Are they more or less human then homo magi?
And yes I can dam well compare them despite being from different companies
>>
>>94322270
Yeah, people both in-universe and in the real world (like Bendis) were butthurt about that speech, but Alex was absolutely right.
>>
>>94317392
>Two humans smash.
>Get a baby
>It has powers.

Yeah, it's just superhuman.
>>
>>94317392
When mutants are depowered they are suddenly treated as human even though nothing really changed.
And then when Hope and the Phoenix Force forced a bunch of normal humans to become mutants, we're expected to believe they're not human anymore?
This to me shows that mutants are just humans with a mutation, not a different species.
>>
>>94322232
>>94318007

It really should be a gun control allegory instead of a discrimination one. But considering the general political stances of those that typically write the X-Men, that would probably place them in a rather awkward position.
>>
File: shark girl.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shark girl.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>94320506
My dick says yes.
>>
>>94323584
Thats actually kinda funny.
>>
>>94322849
underrated.
>>
File: BasicMutantScience.jpg (65KB, 540x403px) Image search: [Google]
BasicMutantScience.jpg
65KB, 540x403px
>>94317463
Here's Ellis trying to make sense of "Mutant Science."

Then there is the fact that mutants are essentially bioweapons created by an ancient alien species.
>>
>>94319266
This.
>>
>>94320506
That's not even the original design that Steven Sanders came up with.

He was told after the fact to make Shark Tits more animalistic.
>>
>>94324049
Actually, what happened was that Sanders was given the script and drew up what he thought Shark Girl would look like. He was then told they already had an idea for her.
>>
>>94322436
Just like bird and a cat. Both are animals.
>>
>>94317515
That's actually shortened. The full term is "Homo-sapiens Superior"
>>
>>94322270
She did previously in issue 1 of X-Men Gold, more or less.
>>
>>94324020
It's been a while, but how did they rationalize the 198 still existing?
>>
>>94319335

With the way people talk about minorities, you would think minorities COULD take down white people. "Oh no, trannies could rape our (wo)men! Oh no, the blacks are beating up our police with their super-hulking bodies!" Etc etc.
>>
>>94324501
There was no rationalization. It was editorial demanding Bendis retcon Morrison's New X-Men.

Who lost or regained their powers was arbitrary.
>>
>>94324615
Fuck me, I thought I'd just missed a side issue or something somewhere that had explained it.
That's stupid, then.
Rather than assuming the 198 had some meaning behind or whatever, I now know it's just so they had enough wiggle room to introduce new mutants during the time when there weren't any.
>>
>>94324157
>>94317515
You know, I think there used to be a group of people during the forties who considered themselves to be superior to other humans.

Don't really remember how that all panned out.
>>
>>94317392
Master Mold thought so.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>94317392
>is mayonnaise human?
>>
>>94319362
If it's featherless, then yes
>>
>>94317392
>parents are human
>can mate and reproduce with humans
>can have baseline human children

By all science, they are human.
>>
>>94324789
Yup, the real problem is how potentially dangerous some mutants can be.

I really don't get why they are making this about human rights when you could have a much more interesting and accurate discussion about wether it is fair to give them responsibilities/burdens for something they are born with.

People with guns, people who know how to make nukes, experts at martial arts etc. are held under more scrutiny than average people in some situations, but that is because they chose these things. Mutants never had a choice, but are just as, if not more, dangerous than these people. Is it fair to hold someone more accountable for the way they are born? That could spark some real interesting debates and wouldn't make any side just a dumb "muh racism" or "muh homo superior" piece of cardboard.
>>
>>94317392
clue's in the term "mutant"

>>94322274
mutants are not a different species just because they've taken to using Magneto's race-war bait name for themselves

mutants aren't even a species, most of them have radically different mutations allegedly caused by a single "gene" (more likely a chromosome), therefore not even exhibiting a type by which a species could be defined

they arise spontaneously from human populations; there is no speciation (and in-universe, aside from outliers like Apocalypse and Selene, there hasn't been time for speciation - most mutants have arisen, then vanished, then been recreated in the last decade or so; what may or may not occur in all possible futures is not worth discussing)

and no, australopithecus was not part of the genus Homo, therefore was not "human"; homo erectus was - it had adaptations, which we know from archaeological digs, that permitted it to form tool-using, fire-using, hunter-gatherer societies
>>
>>94325005
Agreed. Well put.
>>
>>94318007
Aren't they asked to treat non-mutants with super powers (magic users, scientific accident havers, etc) like ordinary people all the time?
>>
>>94325172

I don't know, are they? You tell me.

This argument applies to them too, regardless.
>>
>>94317515
You're a homo superior.
>>
>>94317392
Who exactly coined the term "homo superior?" Cause if it was mutants then they pretty much asked for all the shit they've gotten over the years.
>>
File: 1325047892207.jpg (34KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1325047892207.jpg
34KB, 604x453px
>>94318536
I would. There's a lot of sexy mutants out there.
Tell me right now you wouldn't fuck Mistique or Emma Frost.
Hell, get me drunk enough and I'd be down with Wolverine.
>>
File: file.png (90KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
90KB, 200x267px
>>94317463
>>94317699
By definition, members of the same Genus are not the same species.

Tigers, lions, leopards, and jaguars all belong to Genus Panthera. Are they the same species? Lions aren't tigers.

What bout Homo habilis, our ancestor? Would they be count as human?
No one would consider THAT to be human.

Human is Homo sapiens sapiens. Nothing else.
>>
>>94325738

Mutants are Homo sapiens superior. It just gets shortened to Homo superior a lot.
>>
>>94325765
I have never seen muties referred to as "Homo sapiens superior" only Homo superior
>>
It's through mutation that the various human races were developed, mutating to adapt to their environments.

Imagine if Marvel mutants had to follow that rule.
>>
>>94325942
Are you implying that race isn't a social construct?
>>
>>94325793

Look it up, I'm not the one that decided it.
>>
>>94318007
Here's a thought experiment:
There are five men: two Italian, two Chinese, one mutant.
The first Italian goes to a gun store, passes the background check, waits the requisite period and receives his legally purchased gun.
The first Italian gets his gun through his contact, a mafia black market dealer.
The first Chinese does as the first Italian does.
The second Chinese does as the second Italian does, but with not difficulty, since the mafia doesn't trust his not being Italian.
The mutant summons a gun into his hand at will.
>>
>>94325765
coincidentally modern humans are apparently Homo sapien sapien, but everyone shortens it to Homo sapien.
>>
>>94323480
Also
>Two Mutants Smash
>Gets a Baby
>It has no powers

That's how Graydon Creed came along.
>>
>>94325982
Yes. There are indisputable physiological differences between races, which developed over concurrent mutations over thousands and thousands of years due to adaptable to climate and genetic anomalies that were perpetuated from parent to child.
>>
>>94326087
That's outdated now considered bunk science

Go to any university and ask whether race is a social construct.
You'll be quite sharply informed of the correct answer
>>
Yes. The Celestials took Nightcrawler as a sample of the human population.
>>
>>94322270
Right about what? What'd people get pissed about?
>>
>>94326109
Oh? Then why don't Africans and euros have heavy lids like East Asians do?
Hell, why dont Indians have them?
>>
>>94326167

Something something you're racist.
>>
>>94326167
Random arbitrary trait of a local population, independent of any sort of identity of race
There are people with epicanthic folds who aren't East Asian and East Asians without epicanthic folds
>>
Is the mutant gene dominant or recessive?
>>
>>94326200
A random trait that happened to help with Gobi sandstorms
>>
>>94326244
Must be dominant
Never seen a mutie have human kids before
>>
>>94326273
I'd love to see that. Treat it like a kid who doesn't really connect with his parents' community.
>>
>>94319362
Anon, you posted the wrong pic. That's clearly a normal human man he's pointing at
>>
>>94326266
What about the Sami people? Did they have to deal with sandstorms in Northern Finland? They have eye folds.
Or the Khoisan of the plains Africa?

Why don't Arabs or Bedouin have eye folds if it's an adaptation to blowing sands?
There is no rhyme or reason there
>>
>>94326200
This is a chicken and egg sort of problem, because these traits did develop among particular populations to adapt to their environment, but there has been a fuckton of population migration over the thousands of thousands of years humans have been around, with traits being carried down from parent to child.
>>
>>94326273
> son of Mistique and Sabretooth
duh!
>>
>>94326298
>kid growing up in mutant community
>about to go through puberty
>his friends are beginning to exhibit their mutant powers
>nothing happens for him
>becomes the weirdo who can't even shoot eye lasers
>>
>>94326115
Alex Summers went in front of the Capitol to give this big speech on mutants, and he told reporters he explicitly does not like the word "mutant" since it acts as a separator between humans/mutants. He saw it as a point to ask people to stop using it, and just call them all "humans" or simply by their name (i.e. treat them like any other person)

Bendis/Kitty retorted that "mutant" should be used as a point of pride, that being "different" like they are should be celebrated, not diminished or forgotten. She even likened it to how she felt when a boy she liked went on a anti-Jew tirade right in front of her, and she angrily rejected him to his face.

Tl:Dr the word "mutant" was basically getting the "nigga" treatment and it riled up /co/ good
>>
>>94326326
>because these traits did develop among particular populations to adapt to their environment,
Did they?
Why are Europeans and Asians pale skinned and Native Americans not? Same latitudes, right?

Why did the people of the Eurasian steppe develop pale milky skin when the people of the North American plains develop brown skin?
Why do Europeans have big noses to adapt to the cold but the Inuit have small flat noses like Africans?
If Africans have curly wiry hair to help with sweating in the intense heat, why do other people of the equator have straight hair?
>>
>>94325666
>not wanting the rough manlet embrace of Canadian Animal sober

Getta load of this fag, guys
>>
File: kittysatyr9.jpg (39KB, 401x294px) Image search: [Google]
kittysatyr9.jpg
39KB, 401x294px
>>94326445
>uses the word fag
>There are no straight Mutants
>>
>>94326413
>Why are Europeans and Asians pale skinned and Native Americans not? Same latitudes, right?

Native Americans are commonly understood to have migrated from Central Asia eastward and across the landbridge that once existed between Eastern Russia and Alaska and spread out through the Americas.
>>
>>94326528
Yes, and?

If differences in human populations are due to changes in environment, all humans living in the same environment should look like the same.
Why don't the Amerindians of the North American plains look like the people of the Eurasian steppes?
>>
>>94317392
They are a bunch of whiny cunts is what they are. Someone post the picture where spiderman calls them out on their shit.
>>
>>94320667
>>94320688
Which begs the question:

Why do people keep building Sentinels?
>>
>>94326528
Dr. Jared Diamond has written a book on this subject.

Re: Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

Short answer; geography and ecology caused the skin tone change.
>>
>>94326586

The Marvel civilian population are several orders of magnitude more stupid than average.
>>
File: 1498083540434.png (119KB, 292x303px) Image search: [Google]
1498083540434.png
119KB, 292x303px
>>94326595

>Guns, Germs, and Steel
>>
File: jew.jpg (15KB, 231x270px) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
15KB, 231x270px
>>94326109
>Go to any (((university)))

this is quickly devolving into a /pol/ thread. I hope you are baiting and aren't unironically this stupid
>>
>>94322270
Kitty is written as a total hypocrite who believes that mutants are only about as human as whatever benefits her in the moment. She's been this way for like a decade now.

She's MUTANT PRIDE WORLDWIDE until they actually start getting treated like they are different from humanity.
>>
>>94326575
>differences in human populations are due to changes in environment

This is your answer. Those changes in population and environment have a huge impact on how a population evolves and adapts to different climates.
>>
File: bemused jack.png (156KB, 305x321px) Image search: [Google]
bemused jack.png
156KB, 305x321px
>>94326595
>Guns Germs and Steel
>>
>>94326653
Dude, you're just closing your ears and not even reading what I said.

IF (this is a really important word, focus on it next time) differences were really all up to the environment THEN the same environment would result in the same types of people.
That is NOT (important word again) true.
>>
Not according to the American court system. They ruled that, because they are not technically human, that they did not have to pay the import tax on toys of humans that are manufactured in other countries.
>>
>>94326692
Current United States is not representative of how it was pre-Columbian Exchange.

The flora and fauna in the continental US is from Europe.

The only domesticated animals in the Americas prior to European colonization were: The Alpaca, The Llama, and a rodent similar to the guinea pig.

there were virtually zero diseases that affected the native American populations, whereas in the Eurasian Continent and Africa have disproportionately large pools of communicable diseases.
>>
>>94326692
>if the environments are at roughly the same latitude they're obviously identical!
>>
>>94326793
Yes, and?
None of those things change the latitude and biome.
The North American plains were at similar latitudes to the Eurasian steppes, with similar plantlife and wildlife.
If dark skin develops in response to sunlight, why did the Eurasians of the steppe have white skin?
The plains of North America were not different enough to trigger a change if the environment was the only thing affecting people's appearances.
>>
>>94326823
We're talking about sun exposure and darkening skin in response.
Turns out latitude is really important when talking about the sun!
>>
>>94323584

>>Giving exemptions to New York City's weapon laws based on genetics is blatant discrimination. Mr Trask's proposal only calls for reasonable controls on dangerous millitary grade high capacity assault mutants.
>>
>>94317392
>We're not humans but we're human!
Come the fuck on, Kitty. All he had to do was ask what she was going to do about Magneto killing all those people. Or Xavier, even, during Onslaught.

Yes. Measures must be taken in this case to protect the whole from a dangerous unpredictable few.
>>
>>94322274
>>94325100
Kevin Please Come Over For Gay Sex
Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species

Animals are referred to as their genus and species. Humans are Homo Sapiens. Species Sapien genus Homo.

Australopithecus is a genus, not a species.

Homo Erectus is in the same genus as man and is a predecessor of man but is not the same species.

Mutants are homo sapiens.
>>
>>94326399
>Bendis/Kitty retorted that "mutant" should be used as a point of pride, that being "different" like they are should be celebrated, not diminished or forgotten. She even likened it to how she felt when a boy she liked went on a anti-Jew tirade right in front of her, and she angrily rejected him to his face.
Which is retarded because Kitty gave the exact opposite of that speech, invoking her jewish heritage to say that she was NOT just a jew or just a mutant or just XXX that she was an individual.
>>
>>94326898
>what is cloud cover
>what is temperature differences leading to differing amounts of exposed skin
>>
>>94326872
Eurasian steppes are cold and rocky terrain. Darker skin color is not as useful in colder climates.

North America was completely different biome than anything from Europe or Asia.

There were no horses, cows, chickens, or pigs in America prior to European colonization.

The Native Americans didn't even bother with the wheel at all. There were no draft animals, which made the invention of the wheel obsolete.
>>
>>94327010
Similar temperature and cloud cover.
That's what determines what grows. Rain, temperature, and light.

Plains are dry, bright, and temperate.
>>
>>94326649
it's marvel, right now some people are being deported so they just piggyback off of that current social issue and do exactly the same for mutants in the x-men comics for SJW points, even if it makes fuck all sense.
>>
>>94327047
>Similar temperature and cloud cover.
Compare summer temperatures in England to the midwestern US. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
Cyclops said it himself. We don't force people with genius i.qs or olympic athletes or charismatic people with lots of influence to "register," or declare themselves potentially dangerous even though they very well can be. Sure, mutants can be dangerous if they harbor harmful motives or can't control their powers. You don't get to isolate, segregate or enslave a population of people on a "maybe" or you may as well throw out the Bill of Rights and the Enlightenment while you're at it.

Yes a powerful mutant can be incredibly dangerous, but they deserve the same due process under the law as anybody else. When you start talking about how laws need exceptions you start moving away from the rule of law altogether.
>>
>>94327037
Diamond was a moron working with a ex post facto hypothesis.
Stop regurgitating his answers.

The Eurasian steppes aren't wholly different from the plains around modern Alberta and Saskatchewan. Both dominated by grasses and grazers. Ancient horses went extinct in North America around the time humans came, but many large grazers survived. Like antelope and bison.

The climate around Calgary isn't wholly different from Kazakhstan.

There are far more things similar between the two biggest plains on Earth than there are things different.
>>
>>94327109
yeah well cyclops is dead. and youngclops is a sjw

I miss him so much bros
>>
>>94327077
I'll wait until you learn some reading comprehension.
I'm not talking about England and Arizona
>>
>>94327174
And Arizona is not the midwest.
>>
>>94317392
>Homo sapiens
>Homo superior
No, mutants are not humans. No more than neanderthals were
>>
File: neanderthal face.jpg (2MB, 2048x1440px) Image search: [Google]
neanderthal face.jpg
2MB, 2048x1440px
>>94327221
>Neanderthals aren't human
Feels ooga man
>>
>>94317392
>Are mutants human?
No.
>>
Can two mutants have a non-mutant child?
>>
I think part of the issue is how arrogant mutants can seem. They refer to themselves as homo superior, a belief that was created by a terrorist group of mutants that believe they are superior. And, I believe it was in the ultimate universe, professor X says to cyclops that resentment is a human thing, and he's "pleased to say" that Cyclops wouldn't understand. What an arrogant dick.
>>
>>94328113
Yeah this coming from the guy who abandoned his family to fuck around the world with magneto WHILE HE WAS STILL SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM WITH THEM
>>
>>94326317
>They have eye folds.
We do?
>>
>>94326317
-Sami people get their eyefolds from Turkic heritage, while western Turks have mostly lost theirs due to mixing with the populations of Europe, the Levant etc.
-The Khoisan were a very isolated branch of the human family while Semitic peoples have been swapping genetic material with other tribes for millennia

I didn't even read what you were responding to your examples were all just easily answerable
>>
>>94327109

A genius IQ or athletic body are not equivalent to being able to raze city blocks with your mind, perhaps even unintentionally if you wind up losing focus or have a bad day. You can't even argue that their powers are "natural gifts", considering mutants are one big Celestial science experiment. You cannot simply cover them under existing laws, because there are no laws that exist capable of handling that kind of built-in power. You absolutely DO get to isolate a population based on a maybe if that maybe can and has routinely resulted in hundreds of thousands of people dying.

However, any laws related to the restriction of powers should apply to ALL powered individuals, not just mutants. Mutants, Inhumans, mutates, metahumans, they all need to be held by the same legal standards.
>>
File: 2875604-shark_girl5.jpg (101KB, 494x529px) Image search: [Google]
2875604-shark_girl5.jpg
101KB, 494x529px
>>94324049
That's alright, but she's adorable now, so I'm alright with the change.
>>
>>94317392
yeah, just like apes are human
>>
File: X-MenLegacy014-01.png (2MB, 1301x1000px) Image search: [Google]
X-MenLegacy014-01.png
2MB, 1301x1000px
>>94317392
I think the biggest problem isn't their powers, it's that no one really knows anything about mutants apart from Logan, and that's because he is a member of the Avengers. Does Marvel keep them all holed up in that school and not have them do anything that might improve their public relations? I mean look at the Inhumans, equally as monstrous and destructive as mutants, but their PR campaign has made them look way better than them.
>>
>>94317392
>Are mutants human?
From legal side, is it really matter? Does US constitution and stuff even have "human" part in it? Not "person" and\or "citizen" without relation to biological species?
>>
>>94326972
>Homo Erectus is in the same genus as man and is a predecessor of man but is not the same species.

Correct, but all species within the genus "homo" are human - not simply hominids - hence the choice of "man" for the Latin name.

(Homo means man. If any of the species currently classified as homo were found not to be human, they'd be reclassified.)

(I can't believe you're so stupid as to even argue that when you're pretending to lecture on genus/species.)
>>
>>94317463
Genus and species are not the same thing
>>
File: 1297445029063.png (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1297445029063.png
61KB, 500x500px
>>94331539
>That Artwork
>That horrid Psylocke.
>>
>>94317392
Mutants are literally what they are. Mutants. As in, mutant humans.

If two lions mate, and their cub is heterochromatic, it's a mutant, but it's also a lion cub.
>>
>>94331539

>but their PR campaign has made them look way better than them.

Isn't their PR person a mental manipulator?
>>
>>94331655
The term human only applies to Homo sapien.

Since mutants are Homo sapien superior, they're a subspecies of human.
>>
>>94326639
>Muh Librul Elite Universities
Where the fuck else are you going to find dedicated scientists, professors and researches to learn this stuff from, exactly?
>>
File: Abby_Henry.jpg (157KB, 972x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Abby_Henry.jpg
157KB, 972x1038px
>>94330776
Honestly, I'm cool with both character designs for SharkTits.

Steven Sanders is a great guy and engaged the fanbase with dry wit and a sharp, yet measured tongue.

I loved him and Gillen on S.W.O.R.D.
>>
File: sg.jpg (254KB, 681x502px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
254KB, 681x502px
>>94331859
To be honest, she's had like a billion designs at this point

aside from this one, there's the one where she basically looks like a grey schoolgirl with a shark head from spider-man & the X-Men
>>
>>94331539
I loved Si Spurrier's X-Men Legacy run. That art is amazing! I can never remember the artist's name, and I deeply regret it.

He has such a stylistic and captivating style. Aesthetic beauty is overrated. This artist needs more gigs.
>>
>>94327221
So completely, hence their placement in the Homo genus.

Did you mean they weren't sapiens? Because while that's confusing - they were clearly sapient, having elaborate death rituals implying abstracted thought and a sense of the self and the other - they weren't H. sapiens sapiens like yourself; but neither was H. sapiens idaltu, your supposed ancestor species, and that was certainly human - you would have recognized it as such and had trouble differentiating between it and any H. sapiens sapiens.

If you're having trouble with this concept: humans wear clothes. Clothes - as evidenced by the genetic drift of the body louse from the head louse - are likely older than H. sapiens sapiens, and H. sapiens itself. Even the lower end estimates for the age of the body louse - which arose as a response to human adoption of clothing - are older than behaviorally modern humans, if not anatomically modern, by tens of thousands of years. But anatomically, there's nothing to differentiate you from the H. sapiens sapiens running around in short pants 200,000 years ago.
>>
>>94331837
pretending to be retarded is not a human trait, identify your species
>>
>>94331892
That really doesn't bother me. I much prefer artists being given free reign with their own unique styles.
>>
File: 1455791824796.jpg (307KB, 1200x770px) Image search: [Google]
1455791824796.jpg
307KB, 1200x770px
>>94331972
I guess so, but she doesn't really have a consistent design at this point aside from the swimsuit she wears in sharkmode sometimes.
>>
>>94330313
Yes, you described the context of what I said
But you didn't answer what I was asking.

IF peoples' appearance are totally due to environmental pressures, then peoples in similar environments would look the same, or at least similar. Convergent evolution and all that.

If you'd bother to read the reply chain, the person above said that East Asians have epicanthic folds because they evolved in the presence of the Gobi desert and needed them to prevent sand from getting in their eyes.
But other desert people don't them.
And non-desert people do

That was my point.
>>
>>94324020
>Then there is the fact that mutants are essentially bioweapons created by an ancient alien species.

They're not bioweapons.

The mutant gene is quite literally implanted in species to allow them to reach higher levels of potential than they would otherwise. The point is to eventually turn everyone into Franklin Richards.
>>
>>94318007
The problem with this line of thought, though, is that it makes people want to pull that trigger. If you marginalize people and force them into an outsider state, then they have less stake in society than you, and they are more likely to harm it to get what they want.

Mutant powers would be great IMO, because they'd force us to stop making excuses for our failings as humans. We could no longer just let people grow up in poverty and squalor, because doing so would produce powerful mutants with little to lose and a lot to gain. We could no longer ignore problems like poor education or marginalization, because the mutants those thing would create would not be the people you want having so much power. We would have to change to as to make sure that everyone has a stake in society, otherwise it's only a matter of time before the wrong circumstances produce the wrong mutant and they level a nation.

There'd probably be a whole bunch of terrible events where this happens, but eventually we'd have to adapt.
>>
>>94325636
Trask IIRC.
>>
>>94330489
Even though it's a line from the movies, the best answer to this argument is that you can license people to own firearms or drive, but not to live.

Mutants' powers are part of their genetic makeup--literally part of who they are, and you can't separate the power from the person. I mean, you can, but it's literally no different than sawing somebody's hand off. Maybe sometimes you get a Rogue who would be willing to undergo an amputation, but absent social/legal pressure I doubt most people would consent.

When you say kinetic beam portals or explosive kinetically charged objects are illegal, you're saying those PEOPLE are illegal. It is literally discrimination not on the grounds of action but on the grounds of birth.

The funny thing is nobody is saying Mutants shouldn't learn to be responsible and control and manage their powers. That is literally what Xavier and the X-Mens' mission is all about. But things like the Mutant Registration Act and the Sentinel Program aren't really about that---they're about isolating and keeping a gun pointed at all Mutants.
>>
>>94332719
I say give muties their whole island.
That way if Lil Mutie Billy accidentally goes nuclear when he pops his first boner, it'll be his own kind that go
>>
>>94332719
>The funny thing is nobody is saying Mutants shouldn't learn to be responsible and control and manage their powers. That is literally what Xavier and the X-Mens' mission is all about.

I guarantee you you're about to get a whole bunch of guys who have never read any X-Men beyond the current character assassinated crap, telling you that this is wrong and the X-Men never do this.
>>
File: 1462422593833.png (352KB, 545x474px) Image search: [Google]
1462422593833.png
352KB, 545x474px
>>94317392
Not according to Marvel or the US court system. X-men are legally mutants not humans. Marvel had a court case in order to sell toys cheaper.

At one point human toys were considered "dolls" specifically and costed more can't remember the exact reason. Marvel got X-men legally recognized as mutants not humans.
>>
>>94332771
But mutants appear across the population, and incidences of mutation are rapidly increasing. When Timmy manifests wings, does that mean his parents are deported to Mutie Island too?

What happens when deporting mutants becomes untenable because too many mutants are being born and you're annihilating your own population?

What happens the kids of these deported families decide they liked living in America, and they want to go back, and they realize that after a generation or two they have a massive population of human WMDs that can easily subdue the US military?
>>
>>94332719
>That is literally what Xavier and the X-Mens' mission is all about.
I thought the mansion was a private militia of super powered people who go out and fight- sorry, "help" at their own discretion outside the law and overseen by no one.
>>
>>94332932
Well, if you actually read comics, you wouldn't make mistakes like this.
>>
>>94332931
Offer repatriation for muties and their families that join the United States Extraordinary Forces
>>
>>94332932
That is literally what some salty-ass FBI dude said one time when the X-Men were literally helping them solve a murder, yes.
>>
>>94333026
it's true though.

>>94333002
so the x-men never went out on missions in the comics? wow. I'd love to read a simple daily life comic about teens who do nothing but stay in their school learning the ins and outs of their powers in normal, non-danger room classrooms.
>>
File: gaha.jpg (134KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
gaha.jpg
134KB, 413x395px
>>94333022
>forcibly deport people
>expect them to fight for you two or three decades later rather than just roll you with their superpowers
>>
>>94317392
"No, they're still humans, they're just above you untermensch" What a compelling argument.
>>
>>94333068
The X-Men =/= the mansion.

As for the X-Men? Generally they've gone out to defend people, often the very people that hate them, and done so successfully. Their outings have saved the Earth from destruction by aliens multiple times.

Do you consider Spider-Man to be bad because he's not authorized by the police? Nothing really makes the government's stamp of approval integral to the 'goodness' of a superhero team.
>>
>>94333074
Worked for the Romans (until they fucked it up)
Once you have them living in your system, they'll fight to preserve it.

If parents discover their kid manifesting powers, they need to enroll them in the USXF or face deportation.
More than that, give them a stipend every year that their kid is in the USXF fighting for American freedoms.

People who don't like it are free to go to Mutie Island where they kind be with like minded "people".
>>
File: jj jameson.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jj jameson.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
>>94333180
>Do you consider Spider-Man to be bad because he's not authorized by the police?
HE'S A MENACE
>>
File: MorningCoffee.jpg (56KB, 400x127px) Image search: [Google]
MorningCoffee.jpg
56KB, 400x127px
>>94332846
I love these small moments when artists draw X-Men sipping their morning coffee.
>>
>>94333068
The X-Men absolutely are a paramilitary group yes, and they wear superhero costumes as basically a PR thing, but they are (or were pre-M Day) about building peaceful relations between mutants and humans and defending both groups from each other when necessary. Like if you decide to herd mutants into camps they are gonna roll on you but if Magneto shows up and starts tearing up the city they will stop him too.
>>
>>94333270
What if they're really NICE camps
Like a regular American suburb.
But somewhere else
>>
>>94333188
>mandatory, lifelong conscription

I guarantee you that if you instituted this today, the response to "Son, we'll let you stay in the country if you join the army forever" would be exploding your house and everyone in it.

We're not Romans. We don't have the same expectations people had at that time, and the situation is incredibly different. This isn't a case of people being brought into the Roman empire and offered its better living standards. It's a case of people being offered to live as slave soldiers in a society they already get the benefits of.

The vast majority of mutants would either choose to leave or react extremely violently.
>>
>>94333303
>It's a case of people being offered to live as slave soldiers in a society they already get the benefits of.
You make a compelling point.
They ALREADY get the benefits of our wonderful society.
So we need to change that.

Since muties are so powerful, we need to match that power if we hope to evict them from proper American soil.
We should get some X-gene gene therapy going on for our loyal soldiers. To even the grounds
Until then, maybe machines can pick up the slack. They'd have to be rather big, too
>>
>>94333285
Eventually the suburb camps become immense cities as the mutant population increased. After a few generations the suburb mutants realize there are enough of them and they're powerful enough to ignore this suburb camp setup. And because they've been removed from normal humans, they have no reason to empathize with them or care about them.

Not!Magneto leads the gigantic nice suburb camps into a revolutionary war, bodies the US military with superpowers, establishes pro-mutant government.
>>
>>94333285
that's literally going on right now in the comics. mutant have their 100th "utopia" thanks to Hydra controlling the U.S.A.
>>
File: toys.gif (499KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
toys.gif
499KB, 500x240px
>>94332846
>supposed to be an analogy for minority/gay rights
>mutants legally not human IRL because it makes them cheaper for Marvel to sell

I feel there's a hilarious irony in there, the only way it could be better is if the price reduction was down to 3/5ths.
>>
>>94333413
Plant secret nuclear bombs under the camp when they're first constructed. If they get uppity, blow them all up.

Done and done. It's a good thing we have forward thinkers like you or else we might have ran into problems one day.
>>
>>94333465
Excellent plan.

Certainly no chance of a mutant with extrasensory powers or telepathy or technopathy figuring it out or anything. Nope, no siree, it's not like those are common mutant powers at all.
>>
A subspecies. Any human can carry the x-gene.
>>
>>94317392
Yes. They're just poor schmucks that got experimented on by the Celestials.
>>
>>94332610
>>94332719

So there should be no laws in place specifically for dealing with people with powers? At all? I find this to be a difficult thing to swallow, and I think most people would as well. It's difficult to treat another person normally and have casual conversations with them when they're constantly pointing the equivalent of a shotgun directly at your head from behind their eyes.

I'm not suggesting that the solution is giant robots and internment camps. Ideally what SHOULD happen is, on attaining powers, mutants, mutates or whoever must undergo some kind of government funded counseling and training under the supervision of other people with abilities that can A) connect with them on an emotional level, B) provide them with advice and hands-on coaching, and C) step in if someone goes out of control or is actively hostile. This is all with government oversight and a level of accountability, rather than putting it all in the hands of private paramilitary organizations.

You can't simply pretend that these people are normal. They aren't. They can do things the majority of the populace could never do no matter how hard they trained, and they have needs that normal people do not.

Of course all of this is a moot point because in Marvel everyone in the government is holding either the idiot ball or the evil ball, and sometimes both. But in an ideal situation this sort of thing would be regulated.
>>
>>94333546
Can't segregate them
Can't attack them
Can't even plant hidden nuclear bombs under their families.

My god, these mutants are a heck of a crisis.
What is there to be done for the regular true blue human?
>>
>>94332719

So how does one reconcile, say, an area being a Gun Free Zone with the existence of mutants with powers well in excess of any mundane firearm? Should the people who own that property have a right to deny entry to mutants with dangerous mutations? Not mutants as a whole, but ones whose powers can explicitly be weaponized?
>>
>>94333647
So just deputize whoever is running the Xavier School or Jean Grey School or whatever it's called now?
How would you make them if the didn't want government oversight?

At the end of the day, the US Government needs anti-mutie weapons. You can't ever make people do what you want without the implicit capability of violence. All authority ultimately derives itself from violence. An incapability of inflicting said violence on a person or a group of people means you have no authority over them.

Whether it's giant robots, or their own mutant army, the US government needs a way to harm muties
>>
File: bootleg.jpg (295KB, 1043x1530px) Image search: [Google]
bootleg.jpg
295KB, 1043x1530px
>>94319362
>>
>>94333647
I actually don't disagree, except for the part about it being the government's job to handle directly. A private education trust setup like the Xavier Institute, which has Mutants at the top level to make sure young Mutants aren't exploited, would be better able to handle the highly differentiated needs individual mutants are going to have. And of course it would need to pass certain certifications to remain a viable institution of learning just as Xavier's School used to.
>>
>>94317463
That's the character being flawed, not the writers. There is a difference.
>>
>>94334609

I think another issue is that they would need to completely divorce the education and power control courses from combat training. And it goes without saying, no sending out adolescents on missions, they're there to get an education and learn how to keep their powers in check, not join the military.
>>
>>94325636
IIRC it's actually Homo Sapiens Superior.
"Normal" humans are Homo Sapiens Sapiens, and Mr. Immortal is Homo Sapiens Supreme(in short No Homo! Supreme)

I guess the Eternals and Deviants might be Homo Sapiens Aeterna and Obliquat.
The Inhumans as Sapiens Terrigenis?

>>94326032
it's technically still a topic of discussion
>>
>>94332027
> Not so much Boobs as Beefy pecs.

The one line nobody ever cared about
>>
>>94333285
so, what Captain Hydra did for the inhumans?
>>
>>94334694
Kids still gotta learn how to fight as long as they live in a world that's determined to bring the fight to them.
>>
>>94333652
Just get along with them.
>>
>>94335775

That sets a pretty dangerous precedent. I think it would be better if there was a sister school that was the powered equivalent of a military academy, rather than bundling them together into one institution.
>>
>>94331918
Tang Eng Huat.
>>
>>94333647
>So there should be no laws in place specifically for dealing with people with powers?

I didn't really say that.

What there shouldn't be are discriminatory laws. For example, stand your ground laws should apply to mutant powers just as much as they apply to guns, and mutants should not be forced to register or wear identifying marks, as this ostracizes them from mainstream society.

There should definitely be laws for how the misuse of powers is handled. But instituting laws that force mutants to 'out' themselves only puts them in danger of abuse and exploitation, which in turn makes them more likely to lash out. A robust system of counselors and coaches would be ideal, but making it mandatory just drives a wedge between you and the mutant for something they have no control over; instead you should simply be attempting to provide an environment, socially, where they can safely out themselves. The counselor idea also runs into an initial hurdle - where do you get these powered individuals from, if most mutants don't feel like they can reveal themselves publicly and revealing them by force would likely end poorly?

Not saying it's a bad idea. IRL it would be ideal, but it would only happen after a period of terrible unrest during which we as a species are simply forced by the unpredictable power of the individual mutant to shape up and actually address the problems that cause people to go awry.
>>
They are the best humans.
>>
>>94318007
i think mutants should be gassed with any other "superior" being with protagonist syndrome.
the future isn't for a superhuman, but for humanity. so why should one get to decide it?
>>
File: Emperor.jpg (26KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor.jpg
26KB, 400x289px
>>94336725
Say that again?
>>
>>94333389
>Lets get rid of the mutants!
>by making MORE mutants

'Murica
'Murica
>>
>>94317392
>We are human!
>But we're also the next stage of evolution and superior to everyone else!
You're a failed science experiment by the celestial sit down and shut your matzo hole.
>>
>>94333747
Sure is Peter Wiggin in this post (not that I disagree
>>
>>94323584
>>94322232
>>94318007
Mutants aren't even comparable to guns
If a police officer gets a call about an armed individual they know what precautions to take, they can bring body armor and call for sniper backup or whatever but if a cop gets a call regarding a mutant criminal and there is no mutant registration that doesn't tell the police anything, is it a telekinetic mutant? a speedster? a super strong one? Will they need armor piercing ammunition? Will they need something to prevent the perp from reading their minds? Is this domestic disturbance going to result in the entire city being leveled?

Mutants aren't like gun owners they are like people walking around with nuclear bomb vests set to explode when a random number generator hits 00.

Mutants aren't dangerous because they aren't human they are dangerous because they are human with all the faults that come with that but with the addition of unstoppable power.
>>
Why cant we have an x-men comic where no one cares that mutants exist and they just go on adventures or something like that?
>>
>>94337141
That would be avengers or justice league. The whole point of xmen is bigotry.
>>
>>94336431
>mutants should not be forced to register
They should get their mutation registered as part of their National Healthcare file(in those countries where there IS a National Healthcare, so not the USA), which would be accessible only by their personal\family doctor and emergency services(because knowing your blood is made of orange juice can be useful when you got into a car accident)

Mutations which can be weaponized "easily"(like, say, punches from the punches dimension coming from the eyes) should get paid-by-state seasonal camp where they get to learn how to use and train to use their powers in a responsible way. They'd get a "power licence" to show they have powers and did learn how to manage them safely, should they have to deal with the Police\Gov.

But that would require people having a ID card! Not in my USA!

All of this would apply to not just X-gene carriers but to any meta-human, whether by genes or external factors.
>>
>>94317392
Why is Kitty Pryde always used as a mouthpiece by writers?
Her character was that she was the taglong kid that hung out with the X-men but whenever an author feels the need to jump up on a soapbox she's the character they always use.
Also why is she in everything now?
>>
Well, I may be wrong about this but my understanding of how it works is if two individuals are in the same species they can produce fertile offspring but if they are different species and mate and produce an offspring then the offspring is infertile then they are not the same species.
>>
>>94325738
>>94322274
No, homo sapiens sapiens are "modern humans". All the rest are still humans.
Homo erectus, Homo neanderthalensis and etc. are, in fact, human.
>>
>>94337192
Waifuists getting jobs as writers, especially bendis
>>
>>94326445
It's probably warm and safe as long as Saber-tooth isn't around.
>>
File: 1462323091717.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1462323091717.png
690KB, 850x464px
>>94336431

Here's my issue, fundamentally speaking. Let's use a specific example: a man with the mutant ability to fire bone shards from his fingertips with roughly the same lethality as a Glock 22.

Should this man be allowed to enter gun free zones? Should he be allowed to board a civilian aircraft? Should it be legal for him to get drunk at a bar that does not allow firearms on its premises, for reasons that should probably be pretty obvious?

Here's another one: a mutant that constantly generates a localized EMP around themselves.

Should this person be allowed anywhere near a hospital? Should they even be allowed to live in urban areas at all?

In both these cases, if the answers to the above questions are "yes", should it be only if they wear government mandated equipment meant to effectively temporarily "disarm" them of their mutant ability in select circumstances?
>>
>>94337339
I would spit in the face of any Homo habilis who calls itself human
Oh wait.
It can't. Because it can't fucking talk
Literally subhuman

Take pride in your humanity.
>>
>>94337182
Gonna be honest.

I don't trust any government enough to run a power training camp and not turn it into a form of soft conscription, with the curriculum heavily geared toward nudging its students into military service.

In an ideal world it would be great, but we don't presently live in an idea world.
>>
>>94337449
>Should this man be allowed to enter gun free zones? Should he be allowed to board a civilian aircraft? Should it be legal for him to get drunk at a bar that does not allow firearms on its premises, for reasons that should probably be pretty obvious?

My opinion is that, rather than aiming to restrict the man from doing these things, we should be taking something like the emergence of mutant powers as an indication that the human experience has to change. We should be focusing on preventing the circumstances that would cause this man to misuse his powers, rather than applying the equivalent of duct tape to these problems like we do today.

>Here's another one: a mutant that constantly generates a localized EMP around themselves.
>Should this person be allowed anywhere near a hospital? Should they even be allowed to live in urban areas at all?

Yes, he should be. But he should also be charged with manslaughter or even murder if he just waltzes into a hospital without forewarning. Give the man agency over his own decisions; if he chooses to place himself somewhere that will cause disruption and death then that is on his head.
>>
File: m-night-shyamalan.jpg (16KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
m-night-shyamalan.jpg
16KB, 300x390px
>>94326200
If there's no such thing as race, then hating a certain group of people doesn't make you racist
>>
>>94336768
wouldn't he agree with that, I mean there is a reason he didn't create fem space marines, they where meant to guard mankind, not replace
>>
>>94337877
The Emperor believed that mankind would eventually mutate into a race of Emprahs.

Space Marines are mutates in this scenario, not mutants.
>>
>>94331539
Only the last two in that example are good. Psyloc mind fucking people into good mental health has some pretty horrifying implications and makes it impossible for people to learn and grow from their experiences, Chamber providing free nuclear power is great so long as he's alive, and brainwashing people you deem "violent" for "the greater good" is some supervillan tier shit
>>
>>94317392
Marvel is lacking valid justifications to keep saying mutants should be discriminated, nowadays. Heck, inhumans are treated better mutants literally because.
>>
>>94337628
A government wouldn't need a power-camp for that.
They'd just need to tell people "having powers means you almost automatically get the job if you enlist"

No nudging required.

>>94337868
it only makes you stupid.
>>
>>94324777
t. Plato
>>
>>94332719
I want an X-Man villain who wants nothing more than to give every normal person super powers with no negative trade off for any one.
>>
>>94332846
found an article talking about it. Here's the main piece.

Just before the Holidays, the fantastic NPR show Radiolab released a podcast in which they discuss categorizations. In it, they reveal how two patent lawyers reading a customs book called the “Harmonized Tariffs,” revealed an interesting little wrinkle in the import laws: “Dolls” have are taxed at 12% whereas “toys” are taxed at 6.8%. The key difference, according to the law, is that dolls are defined as being representations of humans and only humans, while toys can covers just about everything else — including humanoid creatures.

I’m sure you can see where this is going.

With this new-found knowledge, Marvel quickly moved to have all of its mutants classified as non-human toys, hoping to realize a near 50% savings on taxes. There were some lawsuits, but in the end Marvel won the right to call their mutant toys non-human. Of course, this sort of flies in the face of a key facet of the X-Men universe, in which the struggle for identity is key.
>>
>>94337804
>the circumstances that would cause a man to abuse his powers
Those circumstances are the same as anyone else's for abusing power they have.
That is "fuck you, I do what I want"
>>
>>94338140
>villain
Why?
That's the only peaceful solution to the X-gene problem

Everyone has it or no one has it.
>>
>>94338651
Even then there'd be segregation between human form mutants and fucked up mutants, like Blob Herman and Beak.

And even among the normies, the ones with real power would band together and subjugate the people with "Grow your fingernails longer" tier powers.

Humans gonna human
>>
>>94317392
Mutants are NOT the next step in human evolution. They're a blip on the evolutionary radar. They're the experimental group of lab rats that the Celestials implemented while humans without an X-Gene can ascend to the Destiny Force in the future.

It's funny how the X-books love to shill mutants as being special snowflakes when Eternals, Deviants, Inhumans, Mutates, and other groups beg to differ. All the other Marvel titles depict futures that have no mutants.
>>
>>94321669
It undermines the propaganda about Mutants being the Future and making themselves feel good about themselves.

Xavier and Magneto are chiefly responsible for this bullshit. They only spouted this crap so that mutants even the ones with shitty transformations and worthless powers can feel good about themselves.
>>
>>94338040
>Heck, inhumans are treated better mutants literally because.
Probably because despite the bad press that Inhumans got over the years, they never had a genocidal maniac openly proclaim that humans are obsolete, be leader of a group called the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, detonate a global EMP that killed thousands, and had Xorn impersonate said mutant to send countless New Yorkers to ovens.
>>
>>94338529
That's an appallingly simplistic view of humanity.

Very few humans act that way, unless they are mentally ill, for no reason. Generally speaking, most humans do not want to do things that would break the social contract they have with society in general and place themselves outside of it - doing so means more effort, more danger, and less comfort, generally. Many of us have the capability to go on a killing spree, few of us ever do it.

People go the "fuck you, I do what I want" route when they have less reason to care about this social contract. When they are poor, when they are ostracized, when they are depressed, when they are unhealthy, when they are uneducated, when they are without prospects, when they feel as though the world around them is degenerate in some way, etc. There is a reason why crime - especially petty, reckless, impulsive crime - tends to be concentrated in poorer areas.

People with less stake in society have less reason to care about losing its benefits, and are more prone to acting impulsively. They have more to gain than they have to lose - sometimes it's not about 'gain', even, it's more about spite regarding their circumstances. As long as we allow conditions like this to persist mankind will continue to churn out dangerous individuals, which means it will continue to churn out dangerous mutants. And due to the the statistics at play, most mutants are likely to be on the side that is poorer and less enthused with society, because there are vastly more poor, unhealthy, uneducated people than wealthy people. And again, due to statistics, more of the most powerful people will be born into thee lives, too.

The balance of power would be hurled out of wack within a generation or two, but I guess that's a different discussion.
>>
>>94338878
>All the other Marvel titles depict futures that have no mutants.

Well that's a huge lie.

Also, I don't think you understand the Destiny Force. Humans gaining the X-gene is part of the Destiny Force at work. They're not separate, the Destiny Force isn't one thing, it's a sort of inherent majestic fate that steers mankind toward accruing superpowers.
>>
>>94338529
Jesus problem, the X-Men fight guys like that all the time who end up being literally Hitler in the end what happens if shady but benevolent saint really was a saint
>>
>>94339306
I didn't meant that, tho you are correct on that point.
I meant that people do what they choose to do.
>>
>>94339306
So you're saying that the muties have all of us as hostages unless they live cushy lives?

AMERICA DOES NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS
RELEASE THE SENTINELS
>>
>>94317392
Yes. They don't fit the definition of a species. Thus, they cannot be considered separate from humanity.
>>
how do we save Aurora, her gay brother, and Abigail Brand, from the Carol Danvers books?
>>
>>94317392
>Are mutants human?
pics not related
>>
>>94337449
>>94337804
Give EMP lad some spiffy copper mesh skivvies, no reason he should be denied medical aid for a "preexisting condition"
>>
>>94337625
go back to /pol/ you fucking bigot. My step sister is a Homo habilis
>>
File: sentinels-marvel-comics.jpg (291KB, 602x900px) Image search: [Google]
sentinels-marvel-comics.jpg
291KB, 602x900px
>>94340300
Actually, what is the deal with sentinels? You would think that that with the number that are produced along with how many countries own them, we would see them a lot more often in Marvel's world. I mean, if I had an army of giant killer robots and my planet was being invaded by yet another race, I'd certainly want my money's worth out of them. Instead, we only see them attacking mutants, laying waste to mutant owned buildings, and blowing the fuck out of any territories that mutants are living in.
>>
>>94343111
>alien race
>>
>>94343111
Marvels "joined universe", just like DC's isn't really a joined universe
Only the X-Men deal with Sentinels
Not Spider-man who has to tell them he's not a mutie
God forbid Cap has to.

That's why I kinda like the Ultimate universe.
They made the joined thing much better
>>
>>94337877
The reason why he didn't create fem space marines is a little conflicted. There is strong evidence that since space marines are basically clones of the Primarchs who were basically clones of the Emperor, he simply couldn't make them female.

Supposedly Malcador even suggested he make some female primarchs (and hence female space marine), but it simply couldn't be done do to the whole being keyed to males thing.
>>
>>94335644
They didn't care about it that much right on that page, looking at that bottom right fullbody shot there.
>>
>>94317463
But most mutants dont mutate untill theyre teenagers. You can't tell me theyre not human if they where human a few days ago, what are they now if not just humans with powers?
>>
>>94345444
They're already mutated on a genetic level from birth
>>
>>94345444
>You can't tell me theyre not human if they where human a few days ago
Not really how it works in this case, it's more that they're mutants at birth and are phenotypically identical to their human cousins but genetically different and most express the specifics of their genetics at puberty or adulthood.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.