[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the FUCK did anyone think having Megatron be the captain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 85

File: REALLY.jpg (644KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY.jpg
644KB, 1041x1600px
Why the FUCK did anyone think having Megatron be the captain of the Lost Light was a good idea? Did nobody fill the crew in on how he tried to murder everyone less than a week prior? I know that he helped save the universe but it's still fucking Megatron

IDW Transformers thread I guess
>>
>>94310831

Isn't Optimus' whole shtick with Megatron that he wants Megatron to move past the shit he does? I assume Optimus had something to do with Megatron becoming captain because I'm real out of date with my Transformers.
>>
>>94310883
I mean Megatron himself said he was trying to start fresh, which I can respect, but CAPTAIN? That's my main problem here, he's captain. Keeping him 2nd in command or lower fine, just have someone above him who can keep him in check. This is the same guy who led a 4 million year civil war and enabled the guy who nearly destroyed existence itself. Also he did destroy the city literally a week prior, if even that long
>>
>>94310951

>Keep Megatron in check
>Megatron

C'mon now. Who're you gonna put in charge of Megatron? Fucking Starscream?
>>
>>94310999
No starscream is in charge of cybertron
>>
>>94310999
I dunno, Ultra Magnus?
>>94311027
And look how well that turned out
>>
>>94311059
They turned out pretty good hes getting a movie made about him
>>
>>94311059

I think the problem is that by yanking Megatron's rank, you're basically setting him up to fail while also setting him up to rage out and try the civil war again. He's been the leader of the Decepticons for 4 million years. Expecting him to just saddle up and take orders is ludicrous.

Also, what's the latest arc? I've been gone for years.
>>
>>94310951
Well, Rodimus and Megatron share the same rank. Then again, Rodimus wouldn't exactly be the first person I would consider to keep Megatron in check.
>>
>>94310883
>>94310951
Optimus was the one who made him captain, and his exact logic, IIRC, was that by giving him a position of command, he was subjecting Megatron to constant scrutiny which would keep him in line (if he was serious about reforming).

Rodimus and Ultra Magnus had full authority to chain Megatron up if he did start some shit

But basically, Optimus is the ONLY person who wanted Megatron to be captain of the Lost Light, and since he's Optimus, no one said shit, they just did it.

And yeah, that ignores the fact that just by virtue of his reputation, Megatron would have been under constant scrutiny anyway, but Optimus just really wanted his bestie Megatron to get all the credit for finding the Knights of Cybertron by virtue of being the leader.
>>
>>94311409
>>94311205
Okay, those are good explanations. Thanks for making it sound reasonable
>>
Now that Megs is out of the picture again, let me ask you guys a question:

What were your hopes or expectations of Autobot/Lost Light Captain Megatron?

Were any of them met at all? How satisfied overall were you with what we got?
>>
When will Megatron come back and wonder why everyone acts like he stayed intentionally
>>
>>94311409
Also bare in mind there was that whole thing where Rodimus confessed to Optimus he let someone else take the fall for the Overlord thing, and Optimus straight up said 'you should have stepped down as captain' That might have influenced his decision a bit.
>>
>>94311763
I was hoping for more interaction with the crew, seeing how different personalities coped with having their nemesis on board, maybe a chat with Drift to get another ex-con's perspective. When Ravage showed up, I got to hoping the crew would pick up the scavengers and sort of even out between bots and cons.
>>
>>94311205
Latest arc is terrible
They're writing out a bunch of characters so they can focus on the OC transgender lesbians
>>
Aight, so I've accepted and even grown to like Megatron as the captain.

What's really getting me is how Rewind shooting Megatron got undone the next fucking page. Then again this comic has a tendency to do that and it's getting annoying. I'm still enjoying MTMTE more than RiD though
>>
>>94316033
as a trans lesbian Im pissed my "representation" is so shit and annoying
>>
>>94316378
Me too, sis. Me too.
>>
>>94316033
yikes, I stopped reading with the dark cybertron shit, how long till it goes to shit?
>>
>>94316370

All I can say is I'm interested in seeing what the fuck the ship is up to while Hotrod and the rest were playing dimension hopper.
>>
>>94310831
woah woah wait? Megaton is a good guy now?
>>
>>94310831
Because being captain of the Last Light is the worst punishment they could come up with.
>>
>>94320942

For a while.
>>
File: megatron 1464388453479.jpg (194KB, 1176x602px) Image search: [Google]
megatron 1464388453479.jpg
194KB, 1176x602px
>>94320942
In the IDW comics Megatron is much more ideological. He basically gives up after Shockwave almost destroys the universe, which makes it clear to him that the Decepticon movement has gotten away from him and the entire war that he's been fighting for millions of years has been for nothing. The Autobots take him prisoner and there's a big fuss about what they should do with him. A bunch of the Autobots want to kill him, but Optimus Prime decides to send him off on what they think is an impossible mission with a ragtag crew of crazies, assholes, and crazy assholes.
>>
>>94320942
Megatron is good, Starscream leads Cybertron, and Optimus annexed Earth.
>>
>>94318517
There's some good parts with bad parts mixed in. It has a nice, conspiratorial feel to it for a bit, but it starts to be really, really relationship focused
Like, cyclonus and tailgate's actual relationship is a plot point. Others too.
Lots of new OCs join, and they're mostly (but not all) terrible
Basically dark cybertron is around the time the seeds of what's bad are planted. By the end of mtmte (it gets renamed to lost light) you're just reading for sake of resolution
>>
>>94316370
>What's really getting me is how Rewind shooting Megatron got undone the next fucking page.
It was a time travel plot, what were you expecting
>>94316033
Exactly one character was written out: Megatron.
>>
File: 1501107892588.jpg (1MB, 1280x798px) Image search: [Google]
1501107892588.jpg
1MB, 1280x798px
Nautica is cute. CUTE!
I want her resurrection attempt to fail miserably and have her suffer
>>
>>94316378
I mean, i don't even care about representation, it just seemed patently offensive the way they did it. Completely minimizing how important being trans is to trans people.
"Hey bob! Oh, by the way, I'm female now. And my friend, who i literally just recreated, is now female to"
"Oh? Howcome?"
"Just felt like it"
"Ah. So that's why you look different?"
"Yeah"

Like.. what are they trying to say? That only after being told of the new gender they'd assume the new look is related? Despite there being no real gender difference in tf bodies?

And all of that sidesteps how, to transformers, gender is a race, not a variation. It's like having an animal robot mode.
Youre a cat, or a female, or a minicon, or some combination thereof

Arcee being trans by force wasn't a good idea either
>>
>>94321362
>gender is a race, not a variation. It's like having an animal robot mode.
>Youre a cat, or a female, or a minicon, or some combination thereof
THE THIRTEEN IN IDW DON'T WORK THE SAME WAY AS THE THIRTEEN IN ALIGNED

AS FAR AS WE KNOW, SOLUS COULD HAVE BEEN THE TRIBE OF SMITHS RATHER THAN THE TRIBE OF GIRLS.
>>
>>94321297
I meant that this arc was where the ocs got a bunch of focus, since they wrote out so many previously
But also, tailgate
>>
>>94321362
They're trying to say that people want to be who they feel like, especially people who previously had no frame of reference or support in being able to change in the first place.

Anode's a shitty person but her being trans has nothing to do with being shitty.
>>
>>94321362
Lug is trans and she didn't change bodies. Seems pretty respectful to each individuals desires to me.
>>
>>94321419
whoops, second sentence meant for >>94316378
>>
>>94321394
Caminus was introduced as having women because they were from Solus titan
We know here people aren't smiths.
Granted, the Sparks come from citybots, so there's no real race, they're not locked in based on location or anything. But the point is, gender in idw was presented as one of many variations of the species. Until now.
>>
>>94321440
Lug did change bodies
Present lug has a different body than past/hallucination lug
>>
>>94321458
>Caminus was introduced as having women because they were from Solus titan
No, they weren't. Caminus just happened to be the first colony they went into. Its thing isn't girls, its thing is religion and tradition. Cybertron is the weird one for NOT having girls. All the other colonies have girls that originate from those colonies.
>>
>>94321492
Caminus is heavily female though
Like 75%
>>
File: 468468464.png (586KB, 689x348px) Image search: [Google]
468468464.png
586KB, 689x348px
>>94321480
Ok yes, she specifically changed BODIES, but the design's the same, and well after she discovered she was trans. By Wipe Out's lack of comment on Lug's body while commenting on Anode's body, it's implied that Lug didn't change her body with her gender like Anode did.
>>
>>94321533
[citation needed]
>>
>>94321533
If you're going by appearances alone and not any stated statistic, so is Carcer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1338x988px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1338x988px
Anode/Lug two-pack never
>>
>>94310831
The funny part is Megatron was the best thing to ever happen to the Lost Light crew.

>>94321319
So, is Nautica's deal with resurrecting Skids supposed to be she was in love with Skids, or she's just that serious about friendship? The lengths she's going to feel very weird.

>>94321533
No it isn't, that's a common in-story misconception

It's just seen that way because it first brought the females.
>>
>>94321653
Good. They're shit. I want to say they're shit to Roberts' face.
>>
>>94322104
Nauti has always demonstrated codependent behavior, all the way back to her beginning
>>
>>94322155
Sounds like she's about due for a cold hard lesson.
>>
>>94310831
did you miss that mutiny where they left Megs and his fan club to die?
>>
>>94322113
>how dare you?
>>
>>94322170
To be fair, they only left them marooned on the Necrobot planet, they weren't aware Getaway's co-conspirators had told the Decepticons they were there, and neither was he.

Still want him to get Sub-Zero'd though.
>>
So how are TFs made? They are born?
>>
>>94322621
Huh,where do you think you come from? You think you were born!? No! You were built! And your Goddes wants you back!(Michael fucked the timeline-again).
>>
>>94321151
oh shit, so almost like a journey to the west .... Galaxy
>>
>>94321226
bwah wah I'm a what?!
>>
>>94322113
Man, what's wrong with Lug?

Aside from her enabling Anode, that is.
>>
>>94322104
>is Nautica's deal with resurrecting Skids supposed to be she was in love with Skids

She did that whole fucking circle of love thing with Skids, Velocity, Nightbeat and Brainstorm

Of course it's love.
People are so hung up on Anode's transgenderism that they're ignoring Nautica's polyamory
>>
>>94322621

TRANSFORMERS: THE BASICS ep 3 - Biology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqZAsxB2Ro

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Reproduction
>>
File: Whirl_Megatron_MTMTE28.jpg (165KB, 757x753px) Image search: [Google]
Whirl_Megatron_MTMTE28.jpg
165KB, 757x753px
>>94310831
didn't whirl try that?

got a rude awakening instead (megatron ordered the cons not to touch him)
>>
Anyone got the pages with all transformers comics continuities?
>>
>>94322155
How did she demonstrate codependent behavior, I just remember her hanging out with Brainstorm a lot and being sociable.
>>
File: 1500842611745.jpg (863KB, 2631x2049px) Image search: [Google]
1500842611745.jpg
863KB, 2631x2049px
>>94323931
>>
File: STL052571.jpg (356KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
STL052571.jpg
356KB, 500x758px
>>
>>94310831
What series/issue is htis?
>>
File: idw g1 guide.png (209KB, 1092x1453px) Image search: [Google]
idw g1 guide.png
209KB, 1092x1453px
>>94326090
IDW's More Than Meets The Eye #28
>>
So, full preview for #2:

http://www.comiccrusaders.com/exclusive-preview-hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-2/

But also somehow for #3, which isn't due out for weeks:

http://www.cbr.com/hasbro-heroes-sourcebook-3/

The solicited First Strike tie-in story seems to be missing from #3, including on the credits page, which is concerning...
>>
>>94326644
why is that concerning
>>
Are there any other Transformer continuities to look forward to?

I don't have any interest in the IDW comics like I used to, RiD is pretty "meh", and I have really low expectations for the Machinima series.
>>
>>94327287
Rescue Bots is getting a sequel
>>
Think of a transformer character and say and/or post an image of what you thought was their best version
Animated Prowl was the best
>>
>>94323552
>polyamory
wrong one
she did amica endura
friends forever
conjunx is the love one
>>
>>94322621
budding
IDW just makes it primus budding
but basically, there's the core spark (well of all sparks, primus, etc) and it spits out sparks which meld with cybertronium (the metal that makes up cybertron's landscape, and titans) to sprout new, fully grown transformers
>>
>>94324240
in her very first scene, where she had to have chromia go through the process with her, despite her not joining the crew.
Not to mention her doing the weird 5 way amica thing
>>
>>94321653

Some 3rd party will get to it at some point I'm sure.
>>
>>94322621
It depends on the continuity, but it's typically infusion of a physical energy ball soul (spark) into a body via an artifact connected to the Transformer god. Sometimes the new person is ready to go, sometimes they're stored for later activation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P30noRwPYRs
>>
>>94311059
Starscream has been one of the better rulers of Cybertron, actually. I'd rather take him than any of the pre-war Primes, secret political prisoners or no.
>>
>>94330035
>Starscream has been one of the better rulers of Cybertron, actually. I'd rather take him than any of the pre-war Primes, secret political prisoners or no.
He's ruled cybertron for all of about 5 years max.
I'm pretty sure not a single despotic leader of cybertron did any worse in their first 5 years.
Considering the average reign was what, tens of thousands of years?
Hell, Rodimus is 4 million years and I think he's only seen 4 leaders?
>>
File: OverlordExploitable.jpg (164KB, 707x709px) Image search: [Google]
OverlordExploitable.jpg
164KB, 707x709px
>>94328859

IDW Overlord is probably the best representation of the guy.
>>
>>94330035
I was expecting worse, but he's still not all that good either. Cybertron seems to have a functioning infrastructure, even if it's only in Iacon so far. Everyone's been expecting his schemes to blow up in his face or get removed from his leadership position but so far, he's been good at keeping his power and he hasn't faced any direct consequences for specific actions so far. I'm curious to see how the election goes.
>>
>>94323931
>>94324631
Can someone please just explain this to me? Why in the fuck are the comics and the TV show regarded to be different continuities? Continuity = universe, right?
>>
File: DW Sunstorm.jpg (102KB, 413x358px) Image search: [Google]
DW Sunstorm.jpg
102KB, 413x358px
>>94328859
religious zealot clone "outliner" was on of the few things Dreamwave did.
>>
>>94331677
you mean G1 comics and the cartoon? Besides the comics premiering 4 months before the show, they were handled by two different identities/companies.
>>
Is it not at all concerning every major pairing IDW introduces into the comic is a gay one? All the straight ones, few as they are, are background characters.

You can spin whatever sci-fi extraterrestrial psychology you want on it, but it doesn't change the fact the gay conjux endura is a lot more prevaliant on both genders than the straight conjux endura.
>>
>>94331677
Because they are? They don't happen in the same universe.
>>
>>94331677
>Why in the fuck are the comics and the TV show regarded to be different continuities?

Continuity is basically a universe, yeah. Like how Marvel has their Ultimate universe, which was an entirely different continuity from the main Marvel universe.

Transformers, almost EVERY piece of media is a different universe. Theres only a few that are actually connected.

The G1 comic is entirely different from the show, so it's a different universe. The Japanese did an extension of the original G1 show continuity, but it's so different, convoluted, and weird it's a different universe to everyone but the Japanese.

Beast Wars is the same universe as G1, just in the past. IDW stuff is a different universe from everything else. Etc etc.
>>
>>94310831
So which robot wants to fuck the other robot up their male exhaust port?
>>
>>94331755
Yeah, but in Doctor Who, Big Finish is considered canon. In Marvel, Shattered Dimensions and Edge Of Time are. In Halo, Halo Wars and the books are. So on, so forth. So what's with Transformers having ten different universes depending on publisher?
>>
>>94310831
Why is Megatron dealing with psychologists? They're transphobic shitlords.
>>
>>94331792
>Is it not at all concerning every major pairing IDW introduces into the comic is a gay one?

It's concerning in as far as it shows editors are not paying attention and theres obviously no overarching story goals or design in place. It shows a lack of foresight and planning, and that writers are basically being allowed to do whatever they want with no oversight.

And thats a problem. A bad editor will let writers run wild and unchecked, or clamp down on writers who need more room to do things correctly. A good editor will know when to check the writer, and will let people go as far as they need without heading into personal politics dictating story.

Unfortunately, as we can see, IDW has bad editors.
>>
>>94331792
Doesn't bother me too much as I'm reading. Everything that's been establishe about the setting has it make some sort of sense. Plus sexual reproduction isn't a thing with cybertronians as far as I know so there's nothing explicitly wrong with it.
>>94331884
Well there IS a robot on the ship called Tumbler (And they do namedrop the site in the issue I'm reading right now)
>>94331833
Honestly, I've been a Sonicfag all my life so I'm just kind of used to everything being its own little thing
>>
>>94331833
>So what's with Transformers having ten different universes depending on publisher?

It's an 80's toy property that was designed as one of the first instances of "use a show AS a commercial". So not a single fuck was given to anything like "continuity" or "story". It just so happens, through luck, wit, or both, they managed to carve out an identity to the public that lasted and had them wanting something more.

Of course, it was all still run by a toy company. That thinks like a toy company, whose goal is to sell toys. Hence no fucks being given to trying to create a cohesive universe, story, or anything really. Most of it came about from random bits sprinkled through several, unconnected series.
>>
>>94331792
The ONLY straight pairings I can remember in IDW are Air Razor with Tigatron, and Sparkstalker with Lightbright.

It felt like Ironhide and Chromia were going that way, but that turned out to be just shipteasing for G1 people.
>>
File: Tyrest Was Right.png (1MB, 700x804px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrest Was Right.png
1MB, 700x804px
>Cold Constructed Bots Are Douchebags
The switch should of stayed on
>>
>>94332109
I actually had to look this up, but yeah, all the Constructed Cold Transformers are ones with huge personality defects

Was that the point? Is being Constructed Cold guarantee of being a problem case?
>>
>>94331894
Speaking of, when did Barber stop being an editor? I wonder if there's a correlation or if there's other factors to consider.
>>
>>94311205
>Also, what's the latest arc? I've been gone for years.

Currently some characters die, new annoying OC's that aren't likeable....oh and they're actually starting to try to make some progress.

so not as great but hopefully it can be a bit better later.
>>
File: anode is a stealing bitch.jpg (88KB, 661x539px) Image search: [Google]
anode is a stealing bitch.jpg
88KB, 661x539px
>>94321653

Lug from Rewind would be ok.

Anode....NO.

Fuck Anode.

Lug is ok, or could be ok if she ditched Anode.
>>
The only lug i care about is Lugnut [spoiler}I miss my boy so much
>>
>>94314226
That actually irritated me a bit. At that point in time, Optimus had given up his title and left Cybertron, and now he was telling Rodimus to give up too?

It really made Optimus seem like a quitter. That may have been the point, showing how Prime was in a dark place mentally, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>94326536
Thank you anon!

Unfortunately, all the download links I can find in desuarchive are dead. Do you know where I could download a copy?
>>
>>94334725
mega:#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ!MpgTQQIY

Have this, it's only up to date to about 2016, but it'll last you for a while.
>>
File: Universal Streams.png (85KB, 699x753px) Image search: [Google]
Universal Streams.png
85KB, 699x753px
>>94331677
because different franchises deal with their different stories in different ways. Star Wars had their weird tier system, while Transformers has their billions of alternate universes system
>>
File: transformers multiverse.png (2MB, 806x1110px) Image search: [Google]
transformers multiverse.png
2MB, 806x1110px
>>94331833
Because it keeps continuity headaches down and allows for fun multi-universe shenanigans.
>>
>>94333530
IDW Optimus quits all the fucking time.
>>
>>94321653
Huh, took me way too long to realize she's based on Mindwipe. The latest issue had someone based on Sixshot.
>>
>>94332489
Right before Revolution. There was already many gay pairings introduced before then.
>>
>>94336017
Yeah. I'm starting to feel like he's most enjoyable during the flashback stories (Shadoowplay, -acy series)
>>
>>94331792

Why would it be concerning at all that the pairings are mostly gay? If all of the major pairings were straight, you would have no issue, and would probably look down upon the "but I want gay-bots!" crowd.

The simple fact of the matter is that the guys tend to hang out with the guys, and the girls hang out with the girls. With no biological imperative toward straightness, one could easily reason that the "like attracts like" bit of psychology will factor in one's tastes. If you've got a femme chassis, you might go for those who have similarly femme traits.

>>94331821

Beast Wars is actually in a separate universe than the G1 cartoon. Beast Wars contains G1-esque events in the Earth's present, but they aren't really specified; heck, I've seen arguments that Beast Wars' past is actually more like that of the Marvel comic up to Generation 2.

>>94332186

There was no point, beyond using "constructed cold" as a means of discrimination just like the Functionist caste system.

With humans we discriminate based upon race, sex, culture, region, wealth, and the like. Transformers discriminate by faction, alt mode, region, means of birth, wealth, religious beliefs...

Keep in mind that most, if not all, of the thirteen primes are assholes, and they were all naturally formed. Nova and Galvatron have done horrible things.

Tyrest just became religously insane and considered the constructed cold to be irredeemably horrible, even though the "natural" sort were just as bad. It just so happened that a whole lot of the natural ones were shrinking in size to the population by the point the Great War broke out.
>>
>>94333530

Optimus gave up his title to prevent another civil war from starting up again. And it's not likely the Autobots could have won without committing atrocities against the NAILs.

>>94336017

At least he doesn't rip-off faces.
He wanted Rodimus to step down because he did something horrible.
>>
>>94335940
Does Windblade have any toys that aren't shit? Third party companies already did a bunch of toys based off of IDW designs, I'm surprised they haven't done one for her, or Nautica.
>>
>>94336878
I'm less upset about Prime giving up the title than I am about him telling Rodimus to do the same.

And although Rodimus did do something horrible, he was democratically chosen by the crew to stay captain, which is more than anyone can say for Megatron.
>>
>>94336878
>He wanted Rodimus to step down because he did something horrible.
>"OUT OF THE WAY, HOT ROD!"
>>
File: LugnutGlorious.jpg (27KB, 497x269px) Image search: [Google]
LugnutGlorious.jpg
27KB, 497x269px
>>94333506
This guy has it right
>>
>>94337102
does the tiny one count?
>>
>>94337583
No.
>>
>>94321362
>tfw you finally get canon main-character lesbians even if one of them's a horrible person
>they're trans
Like... I don't want to be the sort of person who starts to dread this sort of thing but I'm getting there. And I don't have anything against trans people, it's some rough shit you guys have to deal with and you deserve to have fair representation in comics too but it really feels like IDW just resents girlbots and they just want to go about dusting them under the rug in the the most passive aggressive ways possible.
>>
>>94334835
I have absolutely no clue how to use this link.

Damn, Anon, you've made me feel old.
>>
>>94337102
Windblade is basically a publicity stunt. She was created by fan-voting on her aspects of a character (which ironically were the same as Drift, whom people hated, only a girl so people love her instead) but they really have no idea how to maintain her as a consistent character.
>>
>>94338234
>guys
DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?
>>
File: 1493867843271.png (798KB, 704x731px) Image search: [Google]
1493867843271.png
798KB, 704x731px
>>94338446
>>
>>94338326
After Robert's portrayal, I honestly prefer Drift to Windblade.

Everybody says M. Scott's Windblade is the best portrayal, but I'm not feeling it. I got shit once for hating her cuz apparently I'm a "sexist", but there are plenty of other fembots I really like. Heck, I even like Lug after Lost Light #8. Anode... bleh.
>>
File: wall of shame.png (255KB, 445x344px) Image search: [Google]
wall of shame.png
255KB, 445x344px
>>94338627
Nautica is the best. Velocity... might get better? I keep mixing her up with Chromia.

I liked Windblade's comic for the, what, seven issues it lasted? I liked Windblade as the moral foil to Starscream, and Chromia was good.
>>
What was/is galvatron like in IDW?
>>
>>94326536
Any other image like that for other continuities?
>>
>>94339152
A sneaky asshole who thinks combination is unnatural and disgusting. He's a relic from the old times when Nova Prime was kicking around. He killed the Headmasters and their prime way back when.

He's not Megatron and he doesn't have anything to do with Unicron, he's just an old barbarian asshole.

Fittingly, Optimus put his head on a pike.
>>
File: MTMTE 57 RI.jpg (316KB, 736x1116px) Image search: [Google]
MTMTE 57 RI.jpg
316KB, 736x1116px
>>94322160
It's either gonna be Skids coming back and Velocity dying, or Skids just not coming back at all.

Personally, I kind of want Best Boy to come back. Velocity's an okay character, but when we have Ratchet back as "The Medic", not to mention First Aid on the Lost Light with the Protectobots, Velocity is kind of a redundant character whose death would kind of be a hard lesson for Nautica that death is just part of the way life works.
>>
I really don't want to be a prude or a bigot but i feel the need to ask: Why do Giant robots that asexually reproduce and are a part of a series of comics targeted towards kids need to be written as gays, lesbians and trans?
I'm just really confused
>>
>>94332109
So after being found guilty of an atrocity Flame joined up with a crazy Knights of Cybertron cult???
>>
>>94339310
What is Megatron up to? Did Unicron show up?
>>
>>94339739
To sell comic books.
>>
>>94338627
Scott's is more best by default. The only competition is RiD's (which has multiple writers, not just Scott), Machinima's series, and the gag stuff from Japan,which might actually be okay but I can't read moon so I wouldn't know. I might be forgetting something.

Drift had time to develop into a character with better portrayals than his debut, and I'm hoping Windblade gets there, too. I find the premise of her IDW portrayal pretty unique, but I felt like it was only recently that Scott hit that stride with her. I agree she's kind of lags behind Drift, though, but I personally like her as of recently.
>>
>>94339739
Gays and lesbians - Why not? It doesn't make a difference anyways. What wouldn't make sense is if a race of robots who reproduce asexually feel the need to be with someone of the opposite sex when there's no use. I think you meant "males and females" instead of "gays and lesbians"

Trans - I don't know. I mean they are TRANSformers. (Insert "megatitties.jpg" here)
>>
>>94321653
Good. Lug deserves better.
>>
>>94339466
Man most of these guys have like 2 lines of personality in IDW and it saddens me.
>Siren
Watched Kup kill his squad and is load
>Powerglide
Helped Wheeljack with Superion by forming the gun
>Huffer
forever background cameos
>Grapple
Kimia Station fell on him
>Brawn
Likes "smashing decepticons" during MTMTE season 1
>Hound
Worked for Nova Prime security then became a no nonsense by the books sgt during the war
>>
>>94331659
I'm expecting him to be forced to team up with Windblade to prevent Elita from gaining total control. Have him accept duties of defense of Cybertron and be it's general and Windblade be the face for the people.
>>
>>94339938
Male, female, straight, LGBTQ (is that still the right acronym or was more added at some point), it all seems so unnecessary for giant robots
>>
>>94340047
I got to admit. He did well during Titans Return, especially compared to how Cybertron dealt with Dark Cybetron. He could be good at it.

I'm almost certain they'll team up for the election, but who knows what dirt the three will dug up on each other, particularly Starscream. We still don't know about DC-357 and there's no way the recording Swindle has won't turn up. It's also a matter of time before the public hears about Starscream apparently talking to nothing. I'm hoping for at least some shifting alliance partway through or at least an attempt for Elita to get Windblade on her side.
>>
>>94340258
Exactly. I hate to point out Tumblr but the tfwiki had a good post on it recently. Basically pointing out that a lot of people are trying to apply a biological bias to an alien mechanical species. Just being one could cloud the issue a fair bit, but being both in the way it is represented, they aren't homosexual or heterosexual or bisexual or even asexual. A gender to them is a completely social construct and their romantic dealings with each other aren't reliant on any kind of biologic analogy that we could compare it to.
>>
>>94340413
I have a theory the writers or at least some of them forget they aren't writing humans
>>
File: WhatTheHell.png (391KB, 424x584px) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheHell.png
391KB, 424x584px
>>94338137

Stop having shit taste.
>>
>>94339843
>What is Megatron up to?

Ended up turning good, and getting shunted into another universe with Hotrod and crew, and got left behind when they got out.

Unicron is a no-show so far beyond vague as fuck hints sprinkled here or there. However, they've almost destroyed reality like 15 times already in IDW, so at this point "Giant Robot Satan" probably would be just another day.
>>
>>94340405
I'm actually expecting Bee to come back as well. It will probably be something like Elita looks like she'll win and Starscream will sabatoge everything by revealing the info about Liege Maximo. He's about to and then Bee teleports out of the singularity and stops him. Bee, Starscream, and Windblade to team up using the platform of Foreign Relations, Defense, and Cybertron and it's colonies respectively. I mostly say this because of the Bee movie next year. Hasbro will want him in a comic in a larger role sooner rather than later.

If not all of them will have so much dirt on the other that the only solution is to team up and pretend everything is fine m, splitting the power on Cybertron three ways between the ones running for government.
>>
>>94340568
Unless they make Unicron a lot, lot more powerful, dangerous and more than a planet eater? I mean they really could go go fucking wild with what he can do.
Any hints Megatron, Hotrod and crew will come back?
>>
>>94340692

Hotrod and crew are back in the right reality. Megs is gonna come back at some point I'm sure, he's too major of a character to the franchise to be locked away in another dimension.

Also the IDW TF Universe has already been through like, several universal-tier extinction events, including being invaded by cthonic entities twice, time travel bullshit, nearly being compressed to a singularity, etc.

Multiversal robot Satan is usually Unicron's MO, and honestly thats something I'd rank about on par with "Cthulhu's here", in terms of danger.
>>
>>94340489
Fuck that animu shit. Gimme Sarah Stone Windblade.
>>
>>94340771
>He's too major a character to the franchise to be allowed a happy ending
Fixed.
>>
Is there a difference between a multiverse and a megaverse?
>>
>>94340771
Maybe Unicron might be at least somewhat different.
>>
File: tf gender development.png (40KB, 911x298px) Image search: [Google]
tf gender development.png
40KB, 911x298px
>>94339739
remember: sexual feelings and romantic feelings are two different things
>>94340771
>Multiversal robot Satan is usually Unicron's MO
Was. Each universe has a Unicron has it's own Unicron now.
>>
>>94339739
>and are a part of a series of comics targeted towards kids need to be written as gays, lesbians and trans?
Because kids can be gay, lesbian, and trans.
>>
>>94341517

Also, this isn't really for kids.
>>
>>94340910
Yes, as a matter of fact.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Multiverse
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megaverse
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Omniverse
>>
>>94341517
Didn't know that
>>
>>94341547
Yeah I'm pretty sure the scene where the DJD literally put a whole bunch of dudes into an oven and melted them got that point across to me loud and clear.

And yet these are sometimes included in packs of toy for 8 year olds.

So. Mixed messages.
>>
>>94341877
Not really much different from the kind of shit that went down in the Marvel comic.
>>
File: MarvelUS-17.jpg (153KB, 509x764px) Image search: [Google]
MarvelUS-17.jpg
153KB, 509x764px
>>94341940
>>94341877
>>
File: ratchetmegatron1.jpg (69KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
ratchetmegatron1.jpg
69KB, 500x423px
>>94342041
>>
File: Spanner.jpg (162KB, 615x549px) Image search: [Google]
Spanner.jpg
162KB, 615x549px
>>94342069
>>
Anyone have decent nicknames for multiple Megatron siblings/clones?
Already have a Straxus, Galvatron, and Gigatron

Will possibly go with a Megatron the Elder and Megatron the younger, but there's a TFAnimated-Megs lookalike that's equal in rank to Megatron Jr
>>
So obviously Skids is getting resurrected because he's important to the plot. I've seen a lot of speculation that he won't come back right. General consensus being that to revive someone without their spark their HAS to be some kind of price. Going from solicits though and the grief peddler we saw I think Nautica is going to have to sacrifice her ability to feel happy. The solicits mention the ultimate currency and it would be just like Roberts to underwhelm everybody and try to shit on a character everyone likes to push something he likes instead.
>>
>>94340910
>>94341547

The tl;dr is that "multiverse" in this case refers specifically to the groupings of universes that have transformers in them, which includes ours.

"Megaverse" is a slightly clunkier distinction that basically means that the universes have Hasbro content in them, be they Transformers, GI Joe, the real world, etc.

Omniverse is "all realities", though it usually means "all realities except those that fall under the multi/megaverse". Marvel, Ben Ten, Star Wars, DC, etc are all part of the omniverse, but tend to only be referred to obliquely due to copyright and all that.
>>
>>94344016
>because he's important to the plot.
??????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????
he's important to the plot revolving around him but he's not important to any other plot to the degree of NEEDING a resurrection
>>
File: han-solo-128.jpg (143KB, 1200x691px) Image search: [Google]
han-solo-128.jpg
143KB, 1200x691px
>>94344121
>>
>>94344420
He's been to "cyberutopia", which are probably gonna be quintessons, honestly. And please use fewer question marks.
>>
>>94344929
oh right, i completely forgot about that.
still, he already relayed all the information he had about that, so he doesn't really need to come back. hell, nautica even made it write it down!
>>
>>94344968
Yeah, but Skids is an outlier. People can write down what he sees from his descriptions. But they're not going to experience it the same way he will. Nightbeat would probably come close, but he still didn't see it. Also if they have to get back to what Skids saw using the same method he might be the only one who CAN do it. Rodimus and drift can't. Brainstorm can't. Swerve probably can't. Cyclonus probably feels guilty about not being able to work things out with Tailgate so he can't. Whirl is Whirl. I could go on but I'm running out of names for the core Rodsquad.
>>
>>94345149
>Skids has no guilt
buddy
pal
friendo
did you forget how he died
>>
>>94345285
Well, okay, yeah. I did forget. But he still made it through the one time. He might be able to absolve himself if he talks things out with Brainstorm and all. It was Brainstorm's conjunx he got killed or something, right?
>>
>>94345333
brainstorm's unaware crush and 50 others
>>
>>94345345
Yeah, the smelter. Personally I don't really see any shame in what he did. Wasn't exactly good. But he made it out alive from a situation where any other actions would probably have gotten him killed with everyone else.
>>
>>94345413
Logically that's true, but emotionally you're still likely to carry a lot of survivor's guilt over something that horrible.
>>
>>94344121
Wait so the potential universe ending threats so far, how many universe were they threatening? One or more?
>>
>>94345483
Was Dark Cybertron about Shockwave collapsing one universe or all of them?
>>
>>94345508
Shockwave's big plan was to condense the universe, and use the collapsing existence to fuel Cybertron and a small amount of territories around it with the energy. I admit, it's a VERY long range lasting payoff. The villains always get the best plans, but the heroes stopped him somehow.
>>
>>94345483
Shockwave caused the dead universe to be dead and used it as fuel to implode the regular universe

so 2 universes
>>
>>94345565
>The villains always get the best plans, but the heroes stopped him somehow.
It was the power of friendship. It was fucking retarded but I loved it because I'm a sucker for that shit
>>
File: 1450149990065.jpg (15KB, 177x166px) Image search: [Google]
1450149990065.jpg
15KB, 177x166px
So does anybody else feel this whole "Starscream is king of Cyberton" thing lost its direction?

-"The Titans Prophecy" telling of Starscream's rise to power was revealed by Galvatron to be just Alchemist Prime's insane ramblings after consuming rancid energon, yet Scoop STILL believes in him despite being aware of his atrocities and nothing has come of it since

-Starscream allowed Horri-bull to die as part of instigating riots against the Autobots by the remaining Decepticons lead by Needlenose. Admittingly Horri-Bull was horrible and deserved to die, but still.

-Starscream instigated the attack on Caminus by Swindle and Menasor. The Combaticons came close to revealing this and lost their opportunity (in part thanks to Love Wins)

-Starscream has Bludgeon's remains and is planning something something wicked with him involving Slag's corpse and a Sweep Spark.

It feels like IDW's writers can't settle on a character for Starscream. It doesn't feel "multifaceted" or "complex", it's all over the place, and it feels like he's been in power way too long considering there's so much evidence against him just waiting to be unleashed.
>>
File: Modrons.jpg (408KB, 1200x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Modrons.jpg
408KB, 1200x1534px
>>94345565
>The villains always get the best plans

I dunno, an entire universe under a God of logic and order is how you get Modron's. You don't want Modron's.
>>
New comic today?
>>
>>94345603
More specifically it was Bumblebee befriending Megatron, who took it so badly when Bumblebee was killed that he joined the Autobots, which shocked Shockwave enough that he lost control of his time drive enough to allow memories of when he and Optimus were friends to reassure themselves, which allowed him to stop long enough to let Optimus and Megatron blow a hole through him to kill him.

So more like the power of distraction via friendship, times two.

>>94345626
Only chumps have just one scheme on the go.

>>94345645
Just the second issue of the Hasbro bios book.
>>
>>94345626

I dunno, he's been fairly consistently portrayed as barely in power to me, given every time any sort of trouble pops up he has to spend most of it trying not to let shit end in dethroning him. Also people IRL have done way worse shit than any of that and remained in power, also despite being way less popular than Starscream is to their own people.
>>
File: Nightbeat faces.png (177KB, 540x134px) Image search: [Google]
Nightbeat faces.png
177KB, 540x134px
>>94345429
>>94345413
How about Nightbeat gives the good old guilt-gate a try, that lovable sociopath
>>
>>94345668
I keep reading about Nightbeat being an antisocial asshole with no capability for respecting people, but I can't remember any instances of this.

That time on Gorlam Prime doesn't count.
>>
>>94345700
That's just fan hyperbole.
>>
>>94345626
Galvatron was someone who didn't really believe in the Primes being more than anything like himself to begin with. The prophecy could still be valid. As far as his other activities that goes back to his conversation with Wheeljack for me. That Wheeljack SHOULD believe the horrible things he's heard BUT Starscream will not let Cybertron die again. Secret prisons, and his Combiners, and messing around with mutated sparks? That's just him winging it and seeing if something is viable. If it's not he'll cut it loose and do what he can to destroy any evidence of his involvement. If it is he'll hold it back until he needs it and it will look good that he was prepared for just such a situation.
>>
>>94345668
The dead universe experience might hold him back, but I kind of doubt it. He couldn't figure out the why everyone was disappearing but that ended up ok without any of it being his fault to begin with. He's not instigated anything major. He's a pretty honest kind of guy. The only guilt I could see him having is being unable to solve a case back when he was a cop. But I think he's a little too pragmatic to harbor long seated guilt over something like that. He's good but he's not infallible and he can't solve every case if he doesn't have all the evidence.
>>
>>94345626
Those things you listed don't seem to contradict each other as far as characterization goes. The idea has always been that he's been using sinister means to stay in power and gain power while also keeping Cybertron running. He's also been actively keeping the evidence against him in check with similar methods like blackmail, murder, and that deal with Blast Off.

If there's anything he's had trouble curtailing, it's the growing belief that he's going nuts thanks to his talks with Bumblebee. Unless a new development happens with that, assuming Bee's disappearance isn't that, Starscream could end up on Turkulon at this rate.
>>
>>94345626
>Starscream allowed Horri-bull to die as part of instigating riots against the Autobots by the remaining Decepticons lead by Needlenose.
So? A whole bunch of Decepticons were there who "allowed" him to die. Why single out Starscream?

Also that wasn't what happened. Ratbat had Soundwave detonate Horri-Bull's I/D chip to make sure the Autobots would continue to believe the chips were working. It had nothing to do with instigating riots.
>>
>>94345863
I really like how he rationalized the deal with Blast Off too. Pointing out the Combaticons were always going to be a problem. And while he did brainwash them, he turned them into an asset that will protect Cybertron. It's founded on a lie but Starscream literally gave Blast Off everything he wanted but could never have.

We all know Bee is eventually coming back too. I can't wait to see whether Starscream is simply relieved he's not crazy or if he feels betrayed by Bee and does something stupid to ruin everything he's worked for.
>>
>>94344016
>ultimate currency
that always means giving up your life
>>
>>94346004
The ultimate currency is happiness, anon.
>>
>>94346025
>tfw pauper
>>
>>94345933
Yeah, a lot of the things in IDW TF, you hear the idea and go what (ie. Autobot Megatron being co-captain of Lost Light), but you see it in action and see it make sense. This is one of those things.

At this point, I just hope I don't see Bee die, again. Can't really see him as a target of Starscream unless he has proof of any schemes, though.
>>
>>94339739
agenda
IDW has a fuckton of properties that they can't do stuff like that with.
Like their disney stuff, MLP, tmnt, and to a lesser extent, ghostbusters, back to the future, and gijoe (those are still fairly controlled properties, but I don't think they completely avoid sexuality issues)
Transformers is basically their oldest, most long running fanbase, and they have multiple lines, so they can push all of the lbgt stuff into one comic (and a miniseries from time to time) and not really worry about it.
It and Jem are basically the main appeal to the pro-lgbt crowd

and I say pro-crowd because a lot of people basically love gay ships for the sake of them being taboo. Actual lgbt readers don't make up enough of the market share to dent sales one way or another, it's the "allies" if you will that matter to the bottom line

this is why 9/10 if you have a gay comic book character, it's being written by a straight person
>>
>>94345668
Nightbeat nightbeats his nightmeat.jpg
>>
File: ExploitableStarscream.jpg (235KB, 1547x719px) Image search: [Google]
ExploitableStarscream.jpg
235KB, 1547x719px
>>94345933
>Starscream literally gave Blast Off everything he wanted but could never have

Oh boy /co/, lets have some fun. What is Starscream telling Blastoff?
>>
>>94338627
>M. Scott's Windblade
>>94339895
>best by default
that's the sad state we're in
RID and Combiner Wars Windblades were both superior, but they're not going to incorporate that level of competency into IDW

M Scott likes her Windblade waifish and overwhealmed.
>>
>>94346137
"The real you is stuck in Japan."
>>
File: ExploitableStarscreamAltModes.jpg (257KB, 1547x719px) Image search: [Google]
ExploitableStarscreamAltModes.jpg
257KB, 1547x719px
>>94346145
>>
>>94346154
Learn to center your text.
>>
>>94346141
>M Scott likes her Windblade waifish and overwhealmed.

and not a dyke.
>>
>>94332186
basically, it was more revealed that the bulk of "CC" bots were built in a certain timeframe, where they had specific upbringings that were not conducive to personal growth (functionist restrictions, war, etc) so they tended to be damaged.

It's basically like saying adopted kids are messed up.

Some think they were messed up, and that's why they were put up for adoption, and others think it was being adopted that messed them up. Then reasonable people come in and say it's a variety of things, and sometimes nothing, and they get shouted down.

The real reason is they wanted a plot twist that could be explained mechanically as a way of attacking a set number of bots, since 99% of the people didn't give 2 shits if you were CC or forged
>>
>>94331931
>Well there IS a robot on the ship called Tumbler
dont' forget, he turns INTO a tumbler too
>>
>>94331792
they WERE going towards relationship with Arcee and Sideswipe.
And then....
poor sideswipe.
>>
>>94346183
On that note I see so many gay people saying Chromia is a lesbian and in live with Windblade. Every single time I ask them to explain why the answer is always "I don't know, she's just so gay and butch". Every. Single. Time. I guess being a warrior and trying to protect your best friend/sister is gay now. I'm not mad about it or anything like that. It's just how is that a real answer. There's nothing to extrapolate from that kind of answer. It's like they didn't even put any thought into the question.
>>
>>94346211
>they WERE going towards relationship with Arcee and Sideswipe.
Only in your shipper mind. That relationship was always platonic.
>>
>>94346198
no that's Alpha Trion
>>
So, why was Shockwave wrong again?
>>
File: 684648.png (418KB, 328x470px) Image search: [Google]
684648.png
418KB, 328x470px
>>94346254
forgot pic
>>
>>94346257
killing the universe is bad
>>94346219
even moreso now that we know camius takes "best friends" super seriously
>>
>>94331677
The original G1 cartoon contracted Marvel to come up with the basic storyline and names for the various character bios that would be used across the toys, comics, and show.
But after generation 2 ended, no more comics for awhile, and hasbro started relying on other studios for their shows, and in the end it just didn't have enough creative control over any of the parts of the properties.

With the bayformers, hasbro had even less control, as bay made so much money, them bossing him around was rather silly. So instead, they hired some of the writers to work on their shows, and made the toys based on those, instead of the other way around. This was Prime/RiD (and a couple video games)
IDW comics was given a wide birth because it was using G1 characters who, at the time, didn't have toys, didn't have a show, and were completely unrecognizable to the movie watching audience.

At this point though, hasbro has such strong brand appeal and unity that they basically get to dictate a few things to the comics, like what characters have to be featured.
IDW has too strong a foothold for them to worry, and I think that's one of the reasons they're pushing stuff like machinima's shows. It lets them be more cohesive. They've basically given up on the comics.
>>
>>94346261
I'm slightly disappointed his altmode doesn't have a beard.
>>
>>94346275
It does now!
>>
>>94346292
His hands are his teeth!
>>
>>94346272
"bad" is a value judgement
the only part of the universe that has value is Cybertron
Cybertron is not destroyed/ Value of the universe is preserved
So, how is Shockwave's plan bad again?
>>
File: Agenda1_Cheetor_with_tail_club.jpg (67KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
Agenda1_Cheetor_with_tail_club.jpg
67KB, 600x456px
>>94346307
a proud cat tradition
>>
>>94346226
>That relationship was always platonic.
At one point Sideswipe was specifically complaining to himself about not telling her how he felt.
That's the point I was making, they baited us with that too.
It's pretty obvious that Arcee and him had a special relationship, and if it wasn't the watered down version of love they put in these comics, then it borders on creepy. From the beginning, sideswipe kept being concerned with what Arcee thought of him, and wanted to spend time with her, like, I'm not saying arcee was returning the feeling, but in the latest issue it's pretty obvious that he had a place in her heart no one else did.
>>
File: Based on a real 4chin discourse.png (982KB, 1547x719px) Image search: [Google]
Based on a real 4chin discourse.png
982KB, 1547x719px
>>94346137
>>
>>94346254
>>94346261
him too
>>
>>94346390
not tumbler enough
>>
>>94346219
part of that is sarah stone's fault
she's spent so much time drawing gay couples that she's forgotten how to draw non-gays
most of the chromia comments are from her run, not the more recent stuff
>>
>>94345413
You don't realize it at the time, but he knew Tarn personally from before that. He let his former friendship with Tarn cloud him to the reality of everything, and that's why he kept telling himself "No, I trust him, he wouldn't betray ME, just all those others"

He lost faith in primus because he fucked shit up and didn't want to blame himself.

That's a lot of guilt.
>>
>>94346344
>At one point Sideswipe was specifically complaining to himself about not telling her how he felt.
That was him talking about how he'd never thanked her for always having his back.

Like most shippers, you're seeing shit that isn't there.
>>
>>94346472
wtf are you talking about man?
The claim I made was that they were writing them as emotionally closer and closer, but they were just gonna kill him off, so it was never intended to be a relationship, just look like it could become one.

Are you that convinced that no one at IDW supports het transformers?
>>
>>94346467
There's nothing that indicates Skids knew who Tarn was.
>>
>>94346219
Scott went on record saying Windblade and Chromia are sisterly, not lesbo.

Not sure if the shipteasing stuff with Ironhide was Scott's doing or not.
>>
>>94346531
His name was censored in the memory because Skids didn't use the name Tarn, he hadn't joined the DJD yet, he used Glitch
>>
>>94346514
>Are you that convinced that no one at IDW supports het transformers?
When the fuck did I say that? Can you please stop seeing shit that isn't there? Tigatron and Airrazor are a thing, plus Sparkstalker and Lightbright.

I'm just saying Arcee and Sideswipe were never written as heading towards a romantic relationship. "Boo hoo they never got to fuck like rabbits ;_;" doesn't add at all to the tragedy of his death.
>>
>>94346572
Sideswipe was definitely written that way. I'm not sure how else to take a guy fumbling over his words and being afraid of offending a girl, and who's friends specifically call him out on how he treats her differently than everyone else.

Go back and reread the start of the arc.
>>
>>94346567
He wasn't Tarn yet, but there's nothing with Skids reacting to Glitch being in charge. Tarn got a new body, why not a new name as well?
>>
>>94346572
>Tigatron and Airrazor are a thing, plus Sparkstalker and Lightbright.

background characters with no focus.

Anode and Lug, those two dykes from Victorion, Greenlight and Lancer, Proxima and Acceleron is this pattern conspicuous to nobody else? Fucking hell.

"But most of those are background characters." So are the hetero ones. There's NO prominent hetero ones.
>>
>>94346614
I don't think there's any indication that the DJD identities as a whole were secret though.
Just because we the reader didn't know them. Doesn't nautica ask who tarn is to ratchet or something?
>>
>>94346599
>who's friends specifically call him out on how he treats her differently than everyone else.
Pretty sure that never happened.

Sideswipe's fumbling with Arcee was because he wasn't used to the concept of female Cybertronians, and that was part of his whole damn arc of how he hated all the changes that had occurred since the ending, including the introduction of "she's." He literally said this several times, including the issue of his death.

The only one in need of re-reading is you.
>>
>>94346669
>backs up my argument
>pretends like it's a counter
okay buddy
>>
>>94346684
>gives the real reason Sideswipe was awkward when sometimes talking to Arcee, had nothing to do with "he had a crush on her!"
>claims that I backed up your argument that he had a crush on her
Wew lad
>>
>>94346705
are you trying to be obtuse, or are you just trolling?
>>
>>94346572
>>94346599
>>94346669
>>94346684
>>94346705
>>94346724
Does it MATTER? The poor guy's dead, and so close to his Masterpiece re-issue.
>>
File: CollectEmAll_Sideswipe.jpg (58KB, 500x694px) Image search: [Google]
CollectEmAll_Sideswipe.jpg
58KB, 500x694px
>>94346743
We've still got other Sideswipes
>>
>>94346724
I'm trying to point out your shipping bullshit for the shipping bullshit that it is.

Do you also think that when people act awkward around transgenders or those who insist on being called by "xe" pronouns and try not to offend them, it must be because they want to fuck? Because that's what it sure sounds like.
>>
File: 1466597470035.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1466597470035.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>94346779
>Do you also think that when people act awkward around transgenders or those who insist on being called by "xe" pronouns and try not to offend them, it must be because they want to fuck? Because that's what it sure sounds like.

-sigh-

Remember when Transformers were about Robots in Disguise?
>>
>>94346805
Yes, the current show.
>>
>>94346779
I don't know why you get so fucking bent out of shape over the idea that an actual headlining character in a TF comic might be straight.

the mainline TF comic has introduced several almost, near, and long past relationships. It's not MTMTE so it doesn't actually have them BE in relationships, which is exactly my fucking point.

They do this consistently, and it's kinda annoying, especially when the resolution is someone dies (and that's a LOT of these cases)

I'm sorry you have such a hate-boner for quasi het robo romance.
>>
>>94346822
>that recent episode where Bumblebee had to hide his vehicle mode from humans
>>
>>94346843
>all of that projection
Holy shit. I just hate shippers who insist on pairing together every character who so as much look at each other. Please stop posting as you're obviously never going to get that through your thick skull.
>>
>>94346843
All transformers are gay because homosex is a relation between same sexes and all the robots have the same sex. Friendly reminder that the Arcee incident is retconned.
>>
File: 1476209237172.jpg (22KB, 268x458px) Image search: [Google]
1476209237172.jpg
22KB, 268x458px
>>94346843
>>94346895
Is this some kind of diversion tactic from the real problem? That heterosexual romance is under-represented in the comics as a whole?
>>
>>94346955
i don't really consider that a problem
>>
>>94346955
That's what I'm getting at too, so I'm tapping out of this ridiculous argument.

I think one of the writers specifically said she wanted to make transformers be the "most lgbt" comic ever, so yeah, I think they're doing it on purpose.
>>
Does anyone have the page with Drift's vision, from LL1?
>>
>>94346539

Scott wanted Windblade & Chromia to be like sister that don't along all that well but function as a team, and she wanted a "will they or won't they" type of thing with Chromia & Ironhide.

Stone on the other hand wanted Windblade & Chromia to be mega lesbians so she drew them like that.

Scott at that time also tough that she's THE HOTTEST SHIT because she's the first female Transformers comic writer writing a comic with two girls as the main characters so she kept saying how she's going to make everything inclusive and lgbt+ friendly to get those sweet sweet brownie points Roberts kept getting.

People keep forgetting but before and just as WB #1 hit the comic fandom legit tough that Scott is and will be better than Roberts and that she's the next best thing to happen to Transformers.

But then she ruined the Windblade/Chromia are totally lesbians and the tumblr fandom ate her alive. She never recovered after that.
>>
>>94346137
>Have you played Killer 7 yet?
>>
>>94346643
>those two dykes from Victorion
Goddammit, are some of the lightbringers boxmunchers too? For what purpose? Is it a plot element?
>>
>>94338241
https://mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ

Apologies, anon. Does this work for you?
>>
>>94336017

He should have stayed away from coming back.
>>
>>94321151
Fuck yeah, Optimus.
>>
>>94339466

Velocity honestly exists to be the medic while both Ratchet and First Aid were away....of course Hoist could have become the new go to medic in that time....

of course Nautica needs a friend and not be the token chick character but Velocity is kinda just there for me. she's never done much, the idea of her being a shitty medic is funny but they barely did much with that.

>>94340020

it hurts most of the Lost Lighters will never have any proper focus or development.

I have to wonder why Roberts bothers having them onboard. another writer would kill to have those guys.
>>
>>94344016
>>94344420
>>94344929
>>94344968
>>94345149

Skids never told Brainstorm about Quark.

if it was up to me, i'd have Skids show up as a force ghost (Animated Prowl was gonna do that in TFA's Season 4), and just get everything he needs to say off his chest and then finally pass on.

there done.
>>
>>94352502
I'd like to know why many of the bots on the LL decided to mutiny in the first place, I mean obvious big reasons but I mean their individual justifications. People like Blaster and Hound, Mainframe and Crosscut, people we haven't heard much of.
>>
>>94331833
>So what's with Transformers having ten different universes depending on publisher?
Only Hasbro could enforce it, and the only time someone cared about that was when Archer was there with his aligned continuity plan, even though the only effect of that really just was to spawn yet another parallel continuity.
>>
>>94352560
I'd honestly like to see a fusion. Like Tigerhawk or something. Not nearly so powerful, but I've always liked when they go a little mad science and start combining or splitting sparks. Or at least in this case maybe combining brain modules.
>>
>>94331833

Because it's a toy brand and nobody gives a shit, all they are told is "here are the toys that need to be in it, you do whatever the fuck you want".
>>
It's truly fascinating how IDW never manages to do anything right.

First they fuck themselves over with Furman because they actually listen to geewuuncucks crying about NOT MUH GEEWUNNNN and destroy the continuity for the first time.

Then they fuck themselves over when they hire a guy who openly doesn't understand why people like the franchise and force a well loved artist to imitate movie that nobody in the nerd/comic buying comunity likes and makes the single worst run of TF fiction since Energon.

Then they, seemingly out of nowhere become THE biggest thing in the entire franchise for a 3 or so years before the FUCK THEMSELVES OVER AGAIN with insane events and shilling franchises nobody likes off their precived success with Transformers.

Like....wow. WOW. How can one publisher suck this much?
>>
>>94355577
Are they worse than Archie?
>>
>>94352619

yeah everyone's probably got their own motivations but fuck if Roberts actually cares to do any justifications.

The descriptions for Lost Light #11 suggest Riptide is uncomfortable with the direction Getaway is going in.

fuck honestly i wish we were getting focus on the mutineers more than Anode & Lug. Ironically Anode & Lug were going to be mutineers originally.
>>
>>94353765

who would Skids fuse with?
>>
>>94345626
>The Titans Prophecy" telling of Starscream's rise to power was revealed by Galvatron to be just Alchemist Prime's insane ramblings after consuming rancid energon, yet Scoop STILL believes in him despite being aware of his atrocities and nothing has come of it since
Didn't Scoop believe him to be some sort of anti-christ figure?

Galvatron's statement always struck me as a red-herring. Either that or bad writing. Setting up a big idea then dismissing it offhand is sloppy.

But yeah, they've not mentioned in ages. Maybe they have decided to ignore it into non-continuity.
>>
>>94355880

Roberts got cold feed that his tumblr fandom would eat him alive if he did the entire first year of Lost Light without their precious team Rodimus.

He was also the one who lobbied for Lawrence to be an artist for mtmte since they were buddies back in the fanfiction day and fucked over the art by not realizing in his jupiter sized ego that there was a significant amount of pope buying it just for Milne.

HE has only himself to blame for the sales being in the shitter.
>>
>>94355982
>>HE has only himself to blame for the sales being in the shitter.

Wasn't LL ranked at #16 in sales overall last month? That doesn't seem too bad considering TF's are such a niche title compared to everything Marvel and DC shit out these days.
>>
>>94346344
>>94346514
>>94346599
>were writing them as emotionally closer and closer
>emotionally closer
>Hardhead
>Prowl
>Sideswipe
Bet you believe Arcee and Hardhead had a relationship as well. Or how about the time where she thought her and Prowl understood each other, was that a relationship too? Guess that makes IDW Arcee the slut of that TF universe.
>>
Would Anode and Lug be any more or less disliked if Lug was male, ignoring the whole trans thing?
>>
>>94356090
>Guess that makes IDW Arcee the slut of that TF universe.

She sounds more like the Yoko Littner of the TF universe, especially since they're two for two now.
>>
>>94355982
>Roberts got cold feed that his tumblr fandom would eat him alive if he did the entire first year of Lost Light without their precious team Rodimus.

Listen I like Rodimus but like man....we didn't need that fucking 6 parter Functionist arc.

Besides why couldn't they have gone back and forth between issues. space it out enough, so it doesn't feel like forever.

ironically Rodimus and the rest outside of the fembots won't be back until much later.

go fucking figure right?
>>
>>94356100

They'd be less disliked by like maybe 10% because this fandom throws a shitfit anytime a new fembot is introduced, but everyone would still hate them because they are new character that speak exclusively in "how Roberts imagines a sitcom" dialogue.
>>
>>94356273
They had to get rid of Megatron somehow.
>>
>>94352560
>Skids never told Brainstorm about Quark.
Stuff like that happens alot in IDW transformers:
-Did Hubcap get Pipes' death message before he turned on the Wreckers?
-Throttlebots witnessed Metroplex before AHM, but never told high command because?
-Thunderwing being defeated off panel

Plus besides Starscream resurrecting Slag with one of Bludgeon's mutated sparks. Both books will have to deal with bring a dead person back to life
>>
File: MegsOrigin4_Hound.jpg (81KB, 746x338px) Image search: [Google]
MegsOrigin4_Hound.jpg
81KB, 746x338px
>>94352619
>Hound
He's still mad that Megatron made him look like a bitch in front of Sentinel Prime
>>
>>94356273
>we didn't need that fucking 6 parter Functionist arc.

The DJD disaster made Roberts realize that it's better to finish off stories while they are stil fresh instead of leaving them to wait for like 5 years because by that point people won't care.

So he again, bc of the backlash got cold feet and decided to finish that storyline while it was still "fresh".

Really everything about Lost Light is "Roberts does a thing because he thinks his fandom wants that" instead of "Roberts does what the story needs"
>>
>>94321151
yeah, cheeky as they were his couch sessions with the fucking therapy bot put alot of context on things too.

Getting pulled farther and farther to the extremes of his cause in a bid to make all the people who had died for it validated one day waking up and realizing he had become the monster, but it was too late to go back now.

More or less said one of his lines, he had said it because he wanted to hurt prime and throw him off, but when it came out of his mouth it dawned on him he actually believed it.
>>
>>94356318

I know but even then they could have written a different better way.

How about putting Megatron in stasis, maybe the fight between him and Tarn is physically straining or after Ravage's death he basically has like a spark attack, and ends up in a coma. that way he's not in the story but still there and he can get better whenever the plot actually calls for him to get better.
>>
>>94356384

Ironically he rushed what could have been something so much better.

you're right. Roberts is writting the comic based on what he thinks we want over what's best for the actual story.
>>
>>94356435
Spark attack would have been a valid method. His internal systems are a chaotic mess according to Ratchet between mass shifting, space bridges, and everything else.
>>
>>94356273
For better or worse, what really bugs me is that Lost Light is so far behind the other books in the timeline. Every other book got their distress last will message 3 weeks later then moved on with the book's plot. Lost Light stated that the DJD siege and Functionist adventure was only 7 days.
>>
So how are people taking the whole Tailgate thing?

I'm mixed on it. I grew to hate him and wanted him gone, and yet I'm not crazy about HOW they got rid of him, but more for the writing quality than sympathy.
>>
>>94346052
Autobot megatron only worked because they actually committed to the character change full force and did a good job explaining his internal reasoning

right down to trying to avoid fighting again because he doesn't trust himself to plummet back to his own ruthless self so soon after making the attempt to change.

I was actually enjoying the fact that Ultra Magnus had another straight man to fucking keep him sane on the ship of loons, then they went and made him a dick.
>>
>>94356530
well Tailgate was suppose to die in season 1 of the book. So I'm indifferent. Something has to push Cyclonus over the edge for when Galvatron is brought back to life.
>>
File: Seriously.png (256KB, 277x449px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
256KB, 277x449px
>Mfw hearing about how the book apparently goes to utter shit once it becomes Lost Light
>>
>>94356505

It's still May of 2016.

Hopefully we get a bit of a timeskip after the big Getaway arc happens.

also it is kind of fucked up how everybody kind of forgets the distress signal. I know Rodimus and co. aren't popular in universe but christ.
>>
>>94356577
>Something has to push Cyclonus over the edge for when Galvatron is brought back to life.

That feels more like G1 thinking, Cyclonus doesn't owe Galvatron anything here past their old alliances.
>>
>>94356649
The Lost Light also could not be found. It's likely they couldn't break through the jamming to try and find it and gave up. The Lost Light is probably doing their best to have no more distractions and not get called back to Cybertron so I doubt anyone on the ship would even cointact them.
>>
>>94356660
But seeing Flame (a known Cold Construct bot) working with a crazy Knights of Cybertron cult. Maybe the Knights are not these divined cybertronians. That could put Cyclonus' views in question
>>
File: rodimus great head bang.jpg (57KB, 314x882px) Image search: [Google]
rodimus great head bang.jpg
57KB, 314x882px
>>94356884

yeah i can imagine Getaway telling Blaster not to intercept any communications from Cybertron.

I also can imagine the season finale ending where once Rodimus gets his ship back, everything's been settled, maybe the final scene is them getting into contact with Optimus at long last. Everything's great until Optimus notices hey where's Megatron.

and Rodimus is just like pic related.

FUUUUUCK.

>>94356998

You know it wouldn't surprise me now if this season is the final season or the endgame is begining soon.

It's been 5 years, people are loosing interest, getting to the end might at least drum up some interest.

I also wouldn't be surprised if maybe even find Cyberutopia and it's the big cliffhanger of the season. Then the next season is just them going through the place.
>>
you think Getaway's going to die?
>>
>>94357289
>It's been 5 years, people are loosing interest, getting to the end might at least drum up some interest.

Neither Lost light nor Optimus are gonna live past like 23 issues. TAAO sold a bit better than Lost Light and Scott was told "either change something or end the series" and she decided to end it. Lost Light is barely hanging on the digital sales and the insane hype and publicity over Roberts but the interest est just isn't there anymore.

Next year they're doing a Unicron event. I'm better my ass that they will use it as the new Chaos for a new relaunch of a new status quo. I'm also betting that we're probalby just going to get a single Transformers book with either Roberts as the writer or with someone entirely new. Barber has been having more fun writing stuff Revolutionaries and ROMvsTF so I don't feel like he'll be back for an ongoing.
>>
>>94357438

Honestly if that he's going to become corrupt as fuck and become an even worse captain than Rodimus. I imagine he'll get mutined, him and Atomizer.

>>94357456

Yeah it might be time to trim back the comics.

I wouldn't mind a new writer, personally i think Nick Roche should be the writer for a new ongoing of some kind.

Unicron would be a good way to do a hard reboot.

IDW still does Transformers but now with a new continuity with less past baggage.
>>
>>94357456
>Next year they're doing a Unicron event. I'm better my ass that they will use it as the new Chaos for a new relaunch of a new status quo.

Unicron is now this era's Chaos.

the irony of that is amusing to me to say the least.

so if this happens, how do you imagine a Post-Unicron IDW playing out?
>>
I personally have the problem with current Transformers that I don't give a fuck about what's going on anywhere anymore.

Optimus Prime's Earth adventures aren't doing it for me because there always has to be human/Cybertronian conflict and this only happens when humans are retarded as fuck. Soundwave's new approach is interesting but apart from Cosmos I don't really like anyone on Optimus's team. I wish they'd focus more on the Decepticon colony and how that's working out.

The Cybertron stuff has been stagnant for forever. Against all odds, Starscream is still in charge but always at the very edge of losing it, Windblade and Ironhide are the good guys and barely manage to limit the damage Starscream causes and lasting peace has no chance because Decepticons are hardwired to be assholes. Again, severe lack of characters I like in the central cast. I wish there'd be more focus on Drift's bar and its regulars.

The adventures of the Lost Light was the only thing I was still invested in and has lots of characters I dig, but I'm steadily losing hope with all the Anode/Lug focus and the fact that we still haven't seen anything from the side of Team Getaway ever since Dying of the Light. Megatron being stuck in another universe doesn't help matters either. I kinda wish we'd get more screentime for the Scavengers but maybe the fact they don't overstay their welcome is the key to their success.

And lastly, they made Tailgate so utterly unlikable ever since he became an outlier, I'm happy Fangry buried him.
>>
>>94356384

But the problem with DJD dying wasn't that it took forever to reach a head. The problem was that the end of them was so fucking SHITTY. Megatron magics them all dead in like, one page?

Where is the fucking FIGHT? Where is the drama? Wheres knock down drag out bare knuckled fight for fucking survival?

It ended with a wet pants shitting shart because it was handled like garbage. It didn't need 200 million Decpticons showing up, it didn't need magic powers, and it didn't need Megatron pulling literal space magic out of his ass to effortlessly kill them all. What should've been a desperate fight for survival turned into superpowered cock slapping and then a deus ex win.
>>
>>94358107

Just give the Knights plot some closer and i'm basically ready for a new status quo.

if you had to suggest a new writer who could take over and really reinvigorate the IDW comics like how Roberts did a few years ago.
>>
>>94358117
>It ended with a wet pants shitting shart because it was handled like garbage. It didn't need 200 million Decpticons showing up, it didn't need magic powers, and it didn't need Megatron pulling literal space magic out of his ass to effortlessly kill them all. What should've been a desperate fight for survival turned into superpowered cock slapping and then a deus ex win.
I cannot possibly agree harder with this. Team Rodimus has hard hitters like Rodimus, Drift, Cyclonus, Whirl and Ultra Magnus onboard, yet they can't even put up a fight without a magic powerup.
>>
>>94358199

I think the problem was putting in 200+ Decepticons like that.

Honestly if it was just the DJD and maybe Overlord (since he and Tarn had good banter), then maybe they wouldn't need the magic shit and instead have it be an actual fight.

Hopefully one day, we can adapt MTMTE and fix what went wrong with it.
>>
>>94358199
>Team Rodimus has hard hitters
Well look what 1 phase sixer, Overload, did to a whole ship of 300 autobots. The DJD are known for putting down a phase sixer (Black Shadow who on record massacred 3,003 autobots in one battle). Plus the DJD already put down alternate Lost Light and killed every member of that 300 crew
>>
>>94358107
>Optimus Prime's Earth adventures aren't doing it for me because there always has to be human/Cybertronian conflict and this only happens when humans are retarded as fuck. Soundwave's new approach is interesting but apart from Cosmos I don't really like anyone on Optimus's team. I wish they'd focus more on the Decepticon colony and how that's working out.
I'm currently reading Transformers (Just finished RiD 2 days ago) and jesus christ the Earth shit is the one reason I haven't already finished it or at least gotten as far as I have in MTMTE. It's so fucking boring and everyone acts like a retard (If I have to deal with another arc of Prowl going "I was only PRETENDING to be retarded" I'm gonna brain Barber)
>>
Someone could storytime Revolutionaries # 6 and the Hasbro Heroes Sourcebook
>>
>>94358306
Overlord got taken down twice already, though. Both the Wreckers and the Lost Light crew beat him before, by a combination of having people ballsey enough to pick a fight with him and using the tools at hand to push the battle in their favor, suffering heavy losses in the process.

All I'm saying is, they could've done something better than having Skids die outside of battle to give everyone a magic powerup to buy enough time for Megatron to stroll over, disappoint Overlord into leaving and then oneshot the DJD.
>>
File: 1500591598121.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500591598121.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>94339843
>>94340568
>>94340692
Unicron is confirmed for IDW next year, and will be getting his own comic.
>>
>>94358589

I had this idea of Unicron being the Galactic Council's super weapon.

Make this whole Unicron Battles a war between the Transformers and the council. it's one plot line i think people could get behind.
>>
File: Guido Guidi.png (4MB, 1742x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Guido Guidi.png
4MB, 1742x1008px
I just want even more Guidi on art duty. I want a prequel mini with him on the project
>>
>>94358589
But will there be "Hearlds of Unicron" in this universe? Or just who would ally themselves with Unicron, maybe the Knights of Cybertron? With the first Cog symbol clan killing blacksmiths and 6 or so other clans running around; One of them has to believe in Unicron.
>>
>>94346467
I never put that together, that adds a lot to it.
>>
File: RCO019_1481976566.jpg (703KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_1481976566.jpg
703KB, 1041x1600px
>>94348023
>>
File: Yoko Gurren Lagann.jpg (2MB, 2183x6407px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko Gurren Lagann.jpg
2MB, 2183x6407px
>>94356124
I'm taking this post as an excuse to post Yoko.
>>
File: 1433204474918.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1433204474918.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>94356643
That's your reaction? Here's mine.
>>
>>94310831
>megatron lying like that

the fuck is this garbage, and what are those squiggles on his chest?
>>
>>94359180
i know this is a vision, but why does Pharma still have an autobot symbol instead of one of the Cog markings from Cybertopia or one of the cults?
>>
>>94359180
I kinda wish best boy Grimlock and the Scavengers would join the Lost Light crew. I'd love to see their interactions with the others.
>>
>>94359274
>what are those squiggles on his chest
cool knee-jerk reaction there you faggot casual
>>
File: img_2489.jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
img_2489.jpg
158KB, 800x600px
>>94359274
>and what are those squiggles on his chest?

They are geewuun accurate your fake nerd faggot
>>
>>94359391
>some obscure toy has them so you should know about them

get fucked
>>
>>94359389
I still want to know how Grimlock escaped Garrus-9/Overlord and ended up that Worldsweeper.
>>
File: You 1 Stupid Motherfucker.png (2MB, 1820x1180px) Image search: [Google]
You 1 Stupid Motherfucker.png
2MB, 1820x1180px
>>94359421
>Being this much of an autistic faggot
Guess you really don't know shit about Transformers. They were also included in the last to Megatron toys: Combiner Wars and Titan's Return.
>>
>>94359609

>HURR HURR TOYS HURR HURRRHURHURURR

He's an autistic cartoon faggot you can't reason with him, everything that's not the geewuun cartoon is an unholy abomination
>>
>>94358994

I mean Cyclonus is a good guy, Galvatron is dead but might be returning......can Scourge come back at least....fuck he needs characterization, he's always just been that other guy the one that turned into a bath tub.
>>
>>94359331

I guess cause technically he never renounced being one.

I mean aren't Star Saber and Tyrest still Autobots despite being evil.
>>
>>94359703
>fuck he needs characterization, he's always just been that other guy the one that turned into a bath tub

What about in G1 when he was the guy who stole the fuckin' Matrix and got all weird dripping pustule roid raged?
>>
File: tumblr_lj3lhmeqW01qcbsxg.gif (404KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj3lhmeqW01qcbsxg.gif
404KB, 200x144px
>>94359609
>>94359667

>muh toys

ok sweetie
>>
>>94357792
Man, Atomizer.

I didn't really know of him, even, until MTME, but even his minimal "screentime" made him a pretty likeable eccentric guy who really liked bows and arrows, as silly as that is for giant robots.

Then he had to go and become the No. 2 Mutineer Traitor almost out of nowhere (well, yeah, he was in on the plot to oust Megatron from Season 2's start onward, but still).

Enjoyably goofy characters are so hard to lose.
>>
File: idw-megatron-altmodes-artists.jpg (840KB, 1232x1055px) Image search: [Google]
idw-megatron-altmodes-artists.jpg
840KB, 1232x1055px
>>94359667
>I don't read IDW comics
Its not just toys you retard. Early days IDW even depicted Megatron with his chest flair. Don Figueroa drew them in during Stormbringer.
Plus G1 Marvel>>>>G1 Carton you insufferable cunt
>>
File: 1425315549489.jpg (18KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1425315549489.jpg
18KB, 240x260px
>>94359421
>G1 Megatron
>obscure
>>
>>94359846
>People talking shit about the toys ITT
>4 out 7 of those IDW designs are based on toys
Transformer Fans are some idiotic bunch aren't they?
>>
>>94359759

sadly that was one time, that's the most he ever got out of me.

>>94359789

Atomizer, I had a theory or idea but his sudden face heel turn.

what if Atomizer has been dead sometime between Season 1 and 2 and he was replaced by a revived Doubledealer...

think about it Doubledealer is the guy Rodimus hated the most and he was the one who really fucked him over in the earlier IDW years.

Doubledealer staging a mutiny to fuck over Rodimus out of pure spite. Megatron and everyone else was the collateral damage....also he was the one that allerted the DJD to the Necroworld. Getaway had no idea about that he is Doubledealer or this DJD thing.

thoughts?
>>
>>94359892
the toy you plate of sausages
>>
>>94359789
Apparently Ultra Magnus called Atomizer out for being trouble in issue 1 of season 1 of MTMTE. Ultimate foreshadowing
>>
>>94359991
Well, yeah, but early UM thought everyone on the ship was trouble. He didn't think much more highly of Rodimus, even.
>>
>>94359991

Does anyone think Atomizer might actually be the real big bad and Getaway is simply a pawn/figurehead for the mutiny.
>>
File: Fuck Off.jpg (35KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Off.jpg
35KB, 320x240px
>>94359980
The mold that was released 84 through 86 then again in 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2011?
Yeah real obscure there you moron.
>>
>>94357289
He actually has a perfect comeback for that if Roberts' pull his head out of his ass. Because Optimus made him Captain, rather than reinforcing he's on probation and to be used as a resource for the ship's Command Staff, the crew took it into their own hands. If Optimus doesn't like it then he should have come with them himself instead of letting someone send Megatron away.

I think the best thing that could be done for Rodimus' character is to stop caring about Optimus' opinion of him. The Matrix likes him more than Optimus. Ratchet actually knows him better and straight up told him he voted against him. Those are the kind of people he should be listening to.
>>
>>94321653
Why would anyone want toys of those two shitheads? Besides the faggots on the Allspark forums.
>>
>>94357792
Honestly...i wouldn't mind them giving Ian Flynn a mini just to see how he'd go about it.
>>
File: tumblr_nu0uaw4HIs1ufuclyo1_500.gif (498KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu0uaw4HIs1ufuclyo1_500.gif
498KB, 500x331px
>>94360123
I'm sure all 6 people who bought the fucking thing knew it well
>>
>>94355577
>before the FUCK THEMSELVES OVER AGAIN with insane events
I am by no means defending them in any way because Im especially mad about them removing Milne from Lost Light but the event things were Hasbro mandated to sell stuff. And Hasbro has the money, the rights and the clout to tell IDW to do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>94356052
Yeah as much as people like to meme about how bad the sales for Lost Light are, its still hitting the top 10 and top 20 for those overall sales for comixology every month.
>>
>>94360203
hahahaha, this guy actually believes himself. Thanks for the good laugh there, here your (You).
>>
>>94358681
That would be delicious. Galactic Council ripping on Cybertron causing so much destruction and they're sitting on the biggest WMD of them all just in case they'd need to use it. I'd love to see how the races they "protect" react to that.
>>
>>94356100
If they were actual likeable characters and not insufferable obnoxious assholes then I'd like them.
>>
>>94359789
>I didn't really know of him, even, until MTME
Atomizer is another Roberts' OC.
>>
Has the Star saber shown up in IDW? The weapon that is.
>>
File: Retool Maybe.png (519KB, 690x850px) Image search: [Google]
Retool Maybe.png
519KB, 690x850px
>>94321653
let them heavily retool ransack into a Anode mold maybe.
>>
File: IDW Star Saber.png (3MB, 1468x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IDW Star Saber.png
3MB, 1468x1520px
>>94360370
>Star saber
It showed up in a flashback in statue form during one of the "Road to Chaos" issues. Then Alpha Trion talked about it and how it's a tool for the primes.
>>
>>94360987
Side note: Why can't Alpha Trion revive Sideswipe like how he did with Ironhide?
>>
File: Rodimus Apotheosis.png (899KB, 1082x498px) Image search: [Google]
Rodimus Apotheosis.png
899KB, 1082x498px
>>94359940
>revived Doubledealer
Eh, not really feeling that plot point. I know other bots have returned from worse than falling off a mountain and smashing into bits.

How about Atomizer suffering from a form of "Primus Apotheosis" like Pyro but for Rodimus? He wants a quest and be captain like Rodimus.
>>
>>94361707
Atomizer is basically a full on yandere....hmm interesting idea.

It can't be a coincidence he looks like him.
>>
File: TF19d.jpg (458KB, 630x777px) Image search: [Google]
TF19d.jpg
458KB, 630x777px
I just want best boy to come back.
>>
>>94362272
He's going to be making a movie really soon.
>>
>>94360203

You don't know why transformers became popular do you?

Or you're just a troll so have a (you)
>>
>>94362272
>talking strategy shit to a robot involved in a
>FOUR
>MILLION
>YEAR
>long war

Yeah, sure, meatbag.
>>
>>94363654
Well yeah considering the war lasted that long I'd assume none of them knew jack about an actual strategy.
>>
>>94361460

He could, but I'm not sure if he wants to.

He hasn't been doing much of anything since he got decapitated, anyways...
>>
File: IDW & Medical Attention.png (4MB, 1988x1860px) Image search: [Google]
IDW & Medical Attention.png
4MB, 1988x1860px
>>94364449
>since he got decapitated
Fixit did reattach his head at the end of ExRID. And going off on how long it took Wheeljack and Sideswipe for their stories to get re-picked up after medical attention. We're about a year since we last saw Alpha Trion, almost as long as the other two.
>>
File: TF Animated Atomizer.jpg (42KB, 605x338px) Image search: [Google]
TF Animated Atomizer.jpg
42KB, 605x338px
>>94362163
>full on yandere
>>94361707
>"Primus Apotheosis"
It could work but I don't know how editorial will actually handle Atomizer.
>>
File: The Streak Triplets.png (699KB, 1112x255px) Image search: [Google]
The Streak Triplets.png
699KB, 1112x255px
>>
File: Triple Streak.png (378KB, 768x200px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Streak.png
378KB, 768x200px
>>94364975
Still waiting for this IDW
>>
>>94351483
Yes, thank you!

But now I can't get anything to download, it keeps asking me to install the extension and when I refuse to it just doesn't download. I've been able to download stuff from Megashare before, so I don't know why this won't work.

While I'm complaining, I also can't get the name column to get wider so I can see which issue is which. I have all scripts enabled, so I can't see any reason why this doesn't work.
>>
File: IMG_7124.jpg (135KB, 1800x1622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7124.jpg
135KB, 1800x1622px
>>94340775
>o-ok anon
>s-she's g-got the face and-and everything!
All the windblade figures have glaring flaws but the general consensus is that the RID one is the best overall
>>
>>94368827
I need this mold retooled into a Slipstream ASAP!!!
>>
>>94368827
>the general consensus is that the RID one is the best overall

Maybe in your fucking dreams they are. The best Windblade's are the 3rd Party Iron Factory Legends figure, and the new TR one. The rest are varying degrees of garbage. I wish we'd get an MMC Windblade, or an MP Windblade, or something.
>>
>>94368827
The RiD figures have the fuckhuge badge that ruins any aesthetic.
>>
>>94369375
You mean this one is the best?:
>>94337583
The anime-faced one with the awkwardly sculpted tits, weird thigh design, and shit hands?
>>
>>94369375
>>94370183
But the TR figure could've worked if it weren't for the odd proportions.
>>
File: What's In A Name.png (91KB, 989x232px) Image search: [Google]
What's In A Name.png
91KB, 989x232px
>8 issue in
>9 months since issue 1
>Still haven't seen the ship
Why even name the book after it?
>>
>>94370606
It's thematic. The ship was never the name of the comic, you were only tricked into thinking it was. The light is their hope, and it was lost long ago. You know, like the hope that the comic will start to regain any of what made it good early on.
>>
>>94364975
>>94365008
Usually IDW is quick to amend with any appearance errors. Pretty suprised they haven't done anything with Bluestreak showing up in both Hot Rod Bumblebee's group during the 09 ongoing. It would be neat if it was true though.
>>
>>94370606
>>Still haven't seen the ship
Clearly it's lost
>>
>>94370844
>>94371820
the lost The Lost Light?! THE THEMES!!!!
>>
>>94371920
Roberts themes are lost, too, sadly.

Just kidding. OR AM I?! I don't even know what's going on with this comic anymore.
>>
So has there been an IDW created character that was liked by /co/ yet? There's quite a few
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/List_of_minor_IDW_characters
>>
File: tumblr_o58pfbYbtC1ugw8dpo1_1280.jpg (155KB, 597x606px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o58pfbYbtC1ugw8dpo1_1280.jpg
155KB, 597x606px
>>94373246
The decepticon/evil characters are 10/10 most of the autobots on the other hand are just a bunch of mary sues
>>
File: trans_happyturn_1_large.gif (87KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
trans_happyturn_1_large.gif
87KB, 336x480px
>>
File: aa3.jpg (487KB, 670x520px) Image search: [Google]
aa3.jpg
487KB, 670x520px
>>94373246
Riptide's a good boy.
>>
>>94375074
what did he THINK they said?
>>
>>94375204
>That solicit saying Riptide is uneasy with Getaway's new regime on the ship
Getaway is gonna execute him isn't he? Unless the Protectobots save Riptide in time.
>>
>>94370606

To be honest I don't even know why the previous book wasn't named Lost Light in the first place.
>>
>>94329738
Is her "friendship" with Firestar an abuse thing? Feels awful whenever they interact and is called "Forced Friendship" in their language.
>>
>>94338234
Female-type Transformers were dumped on the writers suddenly because Dark Cybertron had to advertise new product. Seems natural that something which heavily screws up the story would be disliked.
>>
>>94341877
nu-RID is the toyline aimed at children, which is why it has the simplified ones. Generations and succession lines are aimed at an older collector audience and the 8+ is based on safety issues instead of demographics.
>>
>>94341877
>And yet these are sometimes included in packs of toy for 8 year olds.
Yeah but the pack-in comics are edited to be kid friendly. Like the Spotlight Trailcutter edit out all forms of the word death/dead. Also replaced some curse words too
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pack-in_material#Full-sized_comics
>These comics are generally bowdlerized versions of the original printings, removing overt references to weaponry and death and substituting them with more family-friendly turns of phrase such as "destroy" or "blaster" (though not always with 100% consistency)
>>
>>94310831
I thought it was fun because I'm not an autist. I don't want to live in a universe where the idea of making a grumpy, old Megatron the captain of a ship full of extremely annoying Autobots never came to pass.

I will ultimately agree that the concept was under-utilized, though. Megatron didn't feel like he had quite enough interaction or growth before he got hustled off the stage.
>>
>>94359274
>REEEE, That's not muh edgy, one-dimensional, pop-culture cartoon villain!
>>
File: Always Been Female.jpg (116KB, 411x410px) Image search: [Google]
Always Been Female.jpg
116KB, 411x410px
>>94376902
>>94338234
>feels like IDW just resents girlbots
Besides including all the G1 fembots and a few from Animated and Prime. There has been a ton of female cybertronians added. Plus some older characters turned into females from the get go like micromaster Slide.
>>
>>94377163
>Megatron didn't feel like he had quite enough interaction
Did he even talk to Drift/Deadlock at all?!
>>
>>94375074
I'm not sure if I actually like Riptide as a character, or if it is simply tokenism because uncommon altmode. Like his silly personality despite looking like serious loner and being book dumb is endearing, but he doesn't do much.
>>
>>94360163

OH SHIT.

That's fucking awesome.

now that would be a crowning moment of awesome.

I agree Rodimus would grow much more as a character if he started listening to his own crewmates. Hell if he did, there probably would be no mutiny.
>>
>>94376541
I always felt like firestar was basically the stereotypical "lesbian that is mad her gal friend isn't a lesbian"

It's pretty similar to the "guy that resents how he can't fuck one of the girls in his group" except with the addition of the first one feeling like she could "help" the other, where the latter is just bitter

I get the impression, though, that roberts just legitimately doesn't know how to write relationships. They're all SUPER fucked up, and I don't think he realizes it.

Or maybe he'd realize it if they weren't million year old war machines.

Chromedome is basically a serial abuser, tailgate/cyclonus isn't may/december, it's january/december, nautica is super dependent/codependent and no one knows what the fuck the deal is with Rodimus and Drift, but it's creepy whatever it is.
>>
>>94377398
>tokenism because uncommon altmode
would you have like it better if character was Seaspray instead?
>>
>>94370606

we just gotta wait 2 more issues.

Issue 10, we will finally return to the ship.
>>
>>94377535
Mayfly/December romance when?
>>
>>94375074

Riptide seems he will have a lot of second thoughts on the mutiny in Issue 11.

that scene was really one of his few good moments.

shame Roberts barely did much with him outside of being the token idiot.
>>
>>94376037

I have no idea.

hell i have no idea how Getaway will handle First Aid and the Protectobots.

I'm still curious how Thunderclash fits into this.

These will be the issues i basically sticked with this comic for.
>>
>Thrill-seeking Extreme Hot Rod>>>>> Self-absorbed attention seeking Rodimus
How did IDW let this happen? He only did extreme OPs because he was guilt-ridden for losing his 1st command, he was getting better by the time of 2009 ongoing and Maximum Dinobots. But Autocracy/Monstrosity really fucked with his character development. Everything after defusing from the matrix in his chest has gone downhill for his character and traits.
>>
>>94377543

Seaspray could use more love in fiction.

Hell Broadside is onboard too but has done nothing worthwhile.

remind me again why JRo has a lot of classic named characters but does nothing with them?
>>
>>94377634
Because having a miles big starship with only ~20 guys on it is weird.
>>
>>94377570
>2 more issues
So almost a year into the book, the Lost Light will be 1st seen in the book?!
>>
>>94377661

If the Functionist arc didn't exist, it wouldn't have been so bad the wait.
>>
>>94377634
>Seaspray could use more love in fiction.
Holy Fuck! Last time we saw him in IDW was January of 2010.
>>
File: josephjoestarseriously.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
josephjoestarseriously.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>94377716

Seriously?
>>
>>94377609
>Getaway will handle First Aid and the Protectobots.
I really want to know how Gateway is going to handle a combiner. Plus you think Rook will actually participate in the plot this time around or get killed off in the Mutineers vs Protectobots scuffle?
>how Thunderclash fits into this.
Probably kept in the dark about ditching Team Rodimus. But definitely down with the plan to speed up searching for the Knights. Can't blame him cause he was on his own quest longer than Rodimus.
>>
File: Stare Into The Abyss.jpg (74KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
Stare Into The Abyss.jpg
74KB, 234x159px
>>94377775
yup during the autobot group split during the '09 ongoing. He was with Team Bee instead of Team Hot Rod, which was a good thing. But hasn't been seen since.
>>
>>94377634
>Hell Broadside is onboard too but has done nothing worthwhile.
Last sighting was in 2014, 3 fucking years ago!!
>>94377660
But look at Season 1 of MTMTE we still don't know the full crew list of the initial launch. Then the fans go years without seeing one crew member making a second appearance
>>
>>94377852
he probably married his mermaid waifu and had 100 robot mermaid kids
>>
>>94377926

seriously.

there's no need for these characters to be onboard if they don't do anything.

the mutiny could be a chance for some characters to jump ship and then maybe get their stories elsewhere.
>>
Could anyone storytime Revolutionaries # 6 and the Hasbro Sourcebook # 2?
>>
>>94378695

I also never read The Life of Sideswipe.

I need to read it sooner or later.

I know what happens bit still.
>>
>>94376037
Remember, whatever it implys it's likely the flip.
Because almost all hints given for these books are bad red herrings. For all we know the issue is Getaway's actually closing in on the discovery of the knights and guilt is setting in that he tossed Rod away.
>>
Will we get a Megatron series with him in the functionist universe or will they pick his story back up in lost light?
>>
>>94378840

I have no clue.

I mean a mini-series would be nice to show what happens but if they did, it probably wouldn't be until after his inevitable return.

I like to think Megatron in the functionist universe, doesn't turn evil but fucks up hard (mostly because of Terminus).
>>
File: Towards_Peace.jpg (967KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Towards_Peace.jpg
967KB, 1988x3056px
Does anyone else want IDW to release a full version of Towards Peace in some capacity (digitally for free or in a trade)? I think it would be a good read if it goes all the way to the Luna-2 trials.
>>
>>94379197
No, because from what I recall, I don't think anyone wants to write the whole thing.
>>
>>94377609
>Getaway will handle First Aid
Seeing Ambulon and Trailcutter getting murdered infront of him might sway him to Getaway's point of view. So that might be a hinderance for the protectobots to form Defensor or even make Defensor act crazy like how Blackjack's anger management made Mensor rampage on the colony.
>>
>>94378695
>>94378789
download it yourself and read it yourself
>>
>>94378809
What I hope is that if Rodimus doesn't find them first, then Getaway needs Rodimus specifically to actually do anything as he's technically a Prime.
>>
File: Sentinel's Sleeper Agents.png (2MB, 1988x952px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel's Sleeper Agents.png
2MB, 1988x952px
Which other bot's could be a sleeper agent for Sentinel? The plot point hasn't been touched upon since. My bet that one could be Hound, he was head of Sentinel's security force like >>94356371 said
>>
File: RCO011_1466068434.jpg (545KB, 1280x1993px) Image search: [Google]
RCO011_1466068434.jpg
545KB, 1280x1993px
>>94380000
>he's technically a Prime.
Matrix infused Rodimus was the best version. Going all commando to steal the matrix (cause Optimus was dealing with humans) to get BTFO by Megatron was great story.
>>
>>94377535
>Chromedome is basically a serial abuser
DESU that's actually why I like him. It's a nice fucking change of pace from "Gay character who can literally do no wrong".
>>
>>94379787

No
>>
>>94380165
I also liked that while the Matrix completely reformatted Optimus and hurt him, it just kept Rodimus alive when it could have healed him. Like it was basically saying it didn't really need to change anything after fusing to him on ita own.
>>
>>94380000
>>94380165

That'd be a great twist actually.

realizing Rodimus actually mattered.
>>
So do you guys got any head canon voices.

here's a few of mine.

Corey Burton - Megatron, Shockwave
JK Simmons - Ultra Magnus
Kirby Morrow - Rodimus
Steven Yuen - Drift
Jeffrey Combs - Ratchet
Brian Drummond - Whirl
Rick D. Wasserman - Cyclonus
Cathy Weseluck - Tailgate
Michael C. Hall - Chromedome
Lucien Dodge - Rewind
Charlie Day - Swerve
Matthew Mercer - Skids
Michelle Ruff - Nautica
Tabitha St. Germain - Velocity
Bex Taylor-Klaus - First Aid
Trevor Devall - Getaway

Kurtwood Smith - Krok
Dana Snyder or Vic Mignogna - Misfire
Dave Foley - Fulcrum
Nolan North - Spinister
Wayne Knight - Crankcase
Gregg Berger - Grimlock

Paul Dobson - Overlord
Keith David - Tarn
Gary Oldman - Tyrest
John DeLancie or Michael McKean - Pharma
George Newbern - Star Saber

Patrick Warburton - Fort Max
Rob Paulsen - Red Alert
Mike Pollock - Cerebros
David Kaye - Prowl

Vincent Price - Necrobot
>>
>>94379415

First Aid wouldn't go along with him if only because he ditched everyone else.
>>
>>94377852

That is fucked up.
>>
>>94383376
>>94378695

???
>>
>>94377609
I reckon the moment anyone from the original crew finds out Getaway didn't just abandon the rod squad, but threw Overlord (planned) and the DJD (accidentally) at them, they're gonna riot. There's some lingering trauma there, specifically with Overlord.
>>
>>94385403
Don't forget about the Council, he sicked them on the rod squad.
>>
>>94385403

I can imagine Mainframe and Bluestreak having an issue with the DJD getting involved, they were there when Trailbreaker was killed by them.
>>
>>94385502
Wait. Did he sic the council on them or the black box? Because the black box split off when they thought the council wasn't violent enough.
>>
>>94385532
First Aid would probably have problems with them too, seeing as it was them that drove Pharma off the deep end
>>
>>94385605
Oh, I don't remember that clearly, I just know those alien assholes talked to him and I think they left a geobomb in the planet? Memory's hazy.
>>
>>94385645
I'm pretty sure it was the Black Box. Cause the council was cool with Magnus. Which means he left them to someone even worse.
>>
>>94377634
>Seaspray
Fuck that meat bag loving water fag
>>
>>94357289
>and Rodimus is just like pic related.
Megatron will pop-up suddenly at the latest moment from the fuctionist universe. He spent all time between seeding revolution here and there trying to find a way to get back because he actually doesn't want to betray the trust Optimus(and, to various degrees, the others in the Lost Light) put in him.
>>
>>94385605
>>94385721
It was the Council. They wanted Megatron dead after because his protecting organic species was making them look bad. And I think they don't give a shit about Magnus anymore after he rejected them.
>>
>>94362272
He never left, Barber loves him and he's going to get a story in the OP annual.
>>
File: Transformers.full.1292752.jpg (322KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers.full.1292752.jpg
322KB, 800x555px
>>94385906
I do love my dorky seekers.
>>
>>94377398
Honestly I think besides his great design, him not doing much and just being a lovable side character is why I still like him so much. Imagine if he'd get into a relationship with someone and shit would get Tailgate level cringey.
>>
>>94385947
I prefer the other three.
>>
>>94385852
That'd be so cheesy...I see it happening.
>>
>>94386108
It also must happen after Rodimus gather the courage to speak his mind about Megatron to Optimus. Just to make Rodimus feel worst, especially when he'll realise Megatron was left there not by his own will
>>
>>94385403
There's no way Getaway could have expected the Galactic Council to send fucking Overlord after them. Further, he made them promise not to hurt anyone but Megatron, and called back later to make sure they would keep their word (to which they told him to fuck off).
>>
>>94385852
Possibility: Something goes horribly, horribly wrong, and Megatron shows up looking like shit, desperately trying to get the crew to believe that something is coming, but nobody believes him because they think he betrayed them.
>>
>>94386061
Thinking that the most romantic place is in the ocean and then hanging out underwater having fun with fish of that planet while his partner is just sitting on the shore would be interesting at least.
>>
>>94386222
but that wouldn't cause Rodimus more suffering and confusion.
>>
One big missed opportunity with Megatron on the Lost Light: Noone ever tried on his helmet.
>>
>>94386222
Yeah I imagine Megatron coming back in a depressed fucked up way. I think he's going to fail with his peaceful revolution.
>>
File: an automan.png (49KB, 223x228px) Image search: [Google]
an automan.png
49KB, 223x228px
>>94386097
>>
>>94386527
Bad end: Functionist universe Orion Pax turns out to have been heavily shadowplayed, ends up fighting against Megatron again.
>>
>>94386733
I think a more "even joining forces with Orion ends up with everybody dying" or something.
>>
>>94386733
>>94386817

Or Terminus causes everything to go to shit.
>>
>>94382152

>Whirl isn't John DiMaggio doing a slightly less gruff Bender

Tsk.
>>
>>94386307
Hot Rod wore a similar one to that person you hate party
>>
>>94387049
"A lone Megatron in a sea of Whirls".
>>
>>94387042
Seconding this. Even Roberts says he imagines him sounding similar to Bender.
>>
>>94387042
I picture Whirl as a slightly less evil Shockblast.

Whirl I've always had imagined with a light but gruff raspy voice.
>>
>>94387125
I wonder if Whirl went to the party and saw everyone hated him.
>>
>>94387245
He doesn't need to see proof, he's already well aware.
>>
>>94377535

Roberts does realize the Firestar and Chromia isn't a healthy relationship. That's WHY it's called "forced friendship", and that's why Firestar offered to call off the friendship when they met on the Vis Vitalis and take the scorn that comes with it.
>>
>>94385947
When are they going to have a reunion?
>>
>>94379197

I'd like it, but it would probably turn boring very quickly.
>>
>>94387502
I wish Firestar could redeem herself.
>>
>>94387665

I think she has... It's unlikely for her to show up on anything besides maybe as a cameo for the Cybertron/colony-centric sequel of TAAO.
>>
>>94387698
Isn't Thunderclash's old ship still flying elsewhere.

Whose not to say they won't run into them again.
>>
>>94387218

only actor in his mind he has cast is John Simms as Overlord.

which i can't imagine...it's not scary or intimidating at all.

then again i think Doctor Who sucks.
>>
>>94386817
Speaking of everyone dying, what happened to the moon that the rod squad teleported back in? Wasn't that a factory full of constructed cold functionists?
>>
>>94388136
You're not wrong.
>>
>>94387734

Far as I remember, Firestar wanted to take the ship back to Caminus. It shouldn't take so long to return, since Caminus's location is known.

>>94388248

I think they brought it over inside of Necroworld.
>>
>>94388459
I still find it weird Thunderclash just left his ship like that without any thought.
>>
>>94388459
>weaponised moon, either full of functionist minions, or automated and therefore like a tiny bitesized unicron
>city eating tractor beams
>also a factory for brainwashed constructed cold army
>they just teleport to it and teleport it away, with no issues or resistance
>>
>>94388608

Just a bit, but I figure they wouldn't want to start up an Autobot fleet or anything out of fear of scaring the pants off the Galactic Council even more.

Also may have bad memories for him, as his literal life support.

Plus the Camiens and others who wanted to leave needed some way to get back.
>>
>>94388833
If not for MTMTE S2 and LL, I would have argued that Roberts was going to bring them back for a brilliant twist in the future.

But I HAVE read S2 and LL, so I figure it's just a plot hole.
>>
>>94340692
They could make Unicron similar to Remina and give it the ability to travel through time, space and different universes
>>
>>94386174
Wrong. Rom vs Transformers has shown us that the council just doesn't give a fuck and will kill any cybertronian if they can get away with it. Plus they ended up damaging that ship when they helped Metrotitan and that didn't warn them any points. The Council has a history of holding the line against Cybertron and fucking over anyone who crosses said line.
>>
>>94390221
>Rom vs Transformers has shown us that the council just doesn't give a fuck and will kill any cybertronian if they can get away with it.
You're ignoring that those same GC officers were revealed in the same issue to be Dire Wraiths in disguise.
>>
>>94390274
Across however many years it took for Stardrive to become a full member of the Solstar Order?
>>
>>94390302
Yes, they escaped from Rom to the "Shadow System". I'd bet money that's going to be the hangout of whatever Dire Wraiths the characters in the story end up fighting.
>>
>>94390331
And where the council members got wraith'd.
>>
>>94390274
Have dire wraiths shown any ability to infest mechanical life forms? It would be interesting if the GC's anti mech stance was partly due to the wraiths needing to eliminate a threat they couldn't subvert.
>>
>>94391108
We're going to see it for the first time later in the mini.
>>
File: a38.png (810KB, 465x685px) Image search: [Google]
a38.png
810KB, 465x685px
Alright /co/, you get your wish and you're turned into a Transformer. Now...

Giant manbot or stacked, curvy fembot? No one will ever know whether you used to be a girl or boy.
>>
>>94391413
Curvy fembot. Since TF gender is purely looks, best for the best looking.
>>
File: 1434938883621.gif (476KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
1434938883621.gif
476KB, 400x290px
>>94391413
Or...

Stacked, curvy manbot!
>>
>>94388136
>only actor in his mind he has cast is John Simms as Overlord.
He made a post on his twitter that he wrote Whirl specifically with Bender's VA in mind.
>>
>>94391413
Can I just be a slender fembot? Like Nautica there?

I'd wanna be something fast and agile. maybe with a unicycle mode like the guy fangry just killed
>>
>>94391108
We will find out in this mini.

Also in Rom's comic book Orphion while ranting about how they should blow up Earth because it is infested with Dire Wraiths he brings up how it also has Cybertronians and alludes to the fact that they have encountered a Cybertronian Wraith.
>>
>>94391696
Nautica is robot-fat
>>
>>94391413
Giant manbot assault helicopter!
>>
>>94391108
In the Rom comic they infested phones and trees so they can pretty much be anything.
>>
File: BB21183lg.jpg (46KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
BB21183lg.jpg
46KB, 504x360px
I'ma be a spunky young Camien with this for alt-mode. Super petite but that's cool coz I'm super obsessed with Earth culture and I'm always trying to cram my body through windows to visit my Earth friends and stuff like that. Of course I'm their fav but my hijinks, oh my hijinks! The hijinks I get up to!
>>
>>94391920
>Paintball guns
>>
>>94391920
>>
>all these anons wanting to be slim little girlbots

So its true, transfans are all transfags.
>>
>>94391413
Preferably, huge manbot, but if we were going by personality I'd probably end up as a Swerve repaint.
>>
>>94391796
They can with enough magic...or Ore 13. Recall how Rom was freaked out about how completely they had infested that one town. Also their super cyborg wraith was highly experimental and required a fairly hefty dose of mojo to create.
>>
Anything new ever happened with omega Supreme, Deathsaurus, or God Ginrai?
>>
>>94392049
There is literally no reason not to be one
>>
>>94392049
I like nimble quick characters. Spider-Man and Wolverine in MvC2.

Might as well be hot while I'm at it.
>>
>>94391986
>IDW Whirl will never get to wield DOTM Whirl
>>94392264
Omega's still out of commission after a bombing, Deathsaurus abandoned the Decepticons to form his own group, and Ginrai hasn't been introduced, although there's an easy way to do it with primus apotheosis
>>
File: bigg boee.jpg (66KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
bigg boee.jpg
66KB, 736x552px
>>94391413
Being fast and agile ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Put me down for giant walking war machine.
>>
>>94393796
I think I'd like to be somewhere in the middle. Like size wise bigger than twink Rodimus but smaller than old school G1 Hot Rod. And I wouldn't trust myself flying. So definitely something on wheels. But a bitchin cloak like Crosshairs from the movies is a must.
>>
>>94391413

Fembot.
>>
>>94391413
Tiny minibot
>>
RIP thread you served us well
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.