[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RWBY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 113

File: RWBYHighResolutionLogo.jpg (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
RWBYHighResolutionLogo.jpg
78KB, 800x800px
Why does everyone hate RWBY so much? I'm 2 seasons in and outside of the awkward animation (which gets better overtime), this really doesn't seem all that bad. No spoilers pls.
>>
>>94310364
You're right before the point where fight animation quality falls off a cliff, which means the only thing the show has to hang its hat on is the actual writing.
>>
>>94310364
Its the perfect storm to trigger hardcore weaboos.
>>
>>94310364
It's western made and being a site that leans towards eastern media and primarily being created by and for weebs, it's going to distance people.

People like to complain about cartoons that aren't familiar to them.

It's popular among certain outward circles, so people desire to take the contrarian approach towards something they otherwise wouldn't care about.

It's faux-anime, and being on an anime-centric site, people are more likely to prefer the "real thing" over a lower quality bootleg. This also hurts it when being discussed on a cartoon-centric board.

The awkward animation makes it easy to single out certain parts, which aid in circlejerking over it's quality or lack-thereof.

It's honestly not that great if you don't fall in love with it, being hurt by it's less than stellar writing and a lot of parts of it being taken from things that have likely done it better.
>>
>>94310364
>Why does everyone hate RWBY so much?
It's anime and has worst waifus.
>>
I'm pretty sure that every problem I have with the series would be fixed if they changed to four or five half hour episodes each season instead of two or three decently made fifteen minute episodes and a handful of poorly made garbage.
>>
I don't understand why it has such a huge, dedicated fanbase. Maybe I just can't accept that so many people can have such shit taste or can be that blind to such glaring flaws.
>>
>>94310364
Trash animation, trash story, trash music, trash voice acting, and trash company.

There are three possible reasons to like it
>RT fangay
>waifus
>le epic action

Also, Monty and crew had a shit taste in anime
>>
>>94310364
I like it but I acknowledge it is absolute garbage
>>
>>>/a/
>inb4 "BUT MUH JAPAN IT WAS MADE IN DA US SO IT DON'T COUNT"
>>
>>94311795
So, that means avatar is also anime then? Just about everything is animated in Korea anyways, so I don't even see why this matters.
>>
I stopped watching after the dance episode. The only reason I watched the show til then was because of the early teasers. you can tell that after the 3rd squad of people they introduced they were running out of gun/melee combo weapons. I feel that since they considered themselves anime aficionados they could have subverted the cliches that makes some anime unbearable in the west, i.e.
>super-strong independent woman longs desperatly for pathetic but good-hearted dumbass
>stupid dumbass is weak with hints of greater power
>MC comes from an extremely important lineage
>adults are either evil or to busy to actually help
>tournament arc

I guess I was hoping for more of a Soul Eater meets Xmen evolution type of thing. Can anyone say if it picked up after I dropped out?
>>
>>94312123
>anime aficionados
The earliest indicators that this would be bad were the type of anime Monty had people watch for "homework". All really flash-in-the-pan, surface level shit.

Whenever it was brought up, the other staff treated them like they had lived in Japan for 10 years.
>>
As someone who's enjoyed RT and anime, I don't understand the appeal of this. Western-made anime has a nice ring to it, but the fact that this has gotten as popular as it is, despite its abysmal animation, voice acting and characterization, is a little insulting

I don't really care that people enjoy it, I'm more concerned that it's more popular than it should be, considering its quality. At the end of the day, there's worse shit out there though
>>
>>94310364
It's alright. Haven't kept up with it since volume 3 but the music and action has usually been good enough to warrant it's existence so I don't have much to complain about.
>>
>>94311159
i just wish they would stop spreading themselves so thin. They need to cancel a few of their other shows like that chibi shit and focus their time and money on making RWBY a better show.
>>
>>94311500
This. It hurts me how little people care about even reaching bare competence in storytelling and it disgusts me that RWBY is considered "good" fight choreography just because the characters flip around a lot.
>>
>>94312274
Can you give some examples of his examples?
>>
>>94312123
Pyrrha turned out to be emotionally self destructive to the point of going off to kill herself.

Jaune not being the strongest has actually resulted in him not having as much baggage as everyone else.

Ruby's family is a splintered fucked mess.

It's not well written but it veers off cliché rapidly. Ironically though people like it for the cliché it seemed like.
>>
>>94313622
>Ironically though people like it for the cliché it seemed like.

This is true for me. Anime jokes in English brings a whole new level of cringe and enjoyment for me. I finally understood what the cool kids mean by liking something ironically now.
>>
>>94310364
They hate it because there's not much to like
>>
>>94313622
The Pyrrha Jaune scenario actually went off the rails in a surprisingly unique way.

People still ship it as the strong girl weak boy dynamic even though it's now revealed to be mentally ill girl wanted dependable boy.
>>
>>94313622
yeah its super cliche, but with it seems to be spinning them on their head. some people were expecting a total happy go lucky anime super teens, only for them to fail to see the warning signs like the into. these are the people who gave up on gurren lagaan early and fail to see the point. they REALLY wanted chibi rwby.

also interesting, jaune is experiencing a healthy grieving process while ruby keeps it all inside. she has nightmares about pyhrras death and hasnt talked to anyone about it. ether due to wanting to keep the groups spirits up, or due to the fact she is an emotionally stunted teen-child that only became a hunter to be like her idolized mom. even though shes all like ew boys, she thinks the life of a hunter is romantic and all that.
>>
>>94314084
>>94313730
>>94314023
so you guys are saying it picks up
>>94312123
>>
>>94314479
Season 4 feels like practically a different show from season 1. Whether that's good or bad is debatable.
>>
>>94314479
Not really. It just isn't a cliché fest.

You thinking Pyrrha turned out to be a strong independent woman was just really wrong.
>>
>>94310364
RWBY is an anime, but without actual Japanese people involved. I'm not a big fan of anime, especially ones like RWBY, where the writers revel in how RWBY instills very common anime story elements, but done more poorly.
>>
>>94314479
it does get better. rooster teeth even had a lengthy warning before volume 4 finale.

also Think of volume 1, 2 , and 3 as a single season rather than each a whole season. i feel they are too short and narrow to look as standalone seasons. RT rwby team may be more determined since montys passing, but they still not a completely animation studio. maybe when RWBY starts paying most of the bills. i mean we have a (good) rwby game coming and its poplar in japan so far.
>>
>>94314868
ah i meant volume 3 finale
>>
>>94310364
Any show on /co/ that requires its own general tends to have a shit fanbase.
Hatred for fanbases often spills over into hatred for the show.

That being said, the show has its fair share of problems, and I say that as a fan. The writing, which has improved over time, isn't the greatest. And with Monty gone, the fight choreography has taken a massive blow, which is a shame, because it's the one thing that the show was able to do better than other shows.

The best I can describe the appeal it holds for me is that it has elements to it that are really cool and that you want to see, and while they aren't executed in the best possible way, it has a way of growing on you over time.

I started out hating it and finding it super cringey. Then I got into the fights and the soundtrack. Then I gradually started watching it despite the cringiness, and it became a guilty pleasure.
I mentioned it was a guilty pleasure of mine to my sis, who also found it super cringey and dumb when I showed it to her. Then eventually, she said she really got into the soundtrack. Then she checked out some eps. Then one day, she told me she ended up marathoning it overnight and becoming a fan, and now it's another thing we're able to bond over.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
>>
>>94311234
It wouldn't be so popular if RT and Monty weren't involved. RT is well-known by people of the YT community, so any project they advertise is going to do well. Most fans of Monty's work only watched it for the action.

Also, you're really overestimating the general public's taste. I couldn't believe SAO, Accel World and Transformers were so popular to mainstream audiences when all these works had was flashy designs/music.

SAO had terrible characters, a horrible plot, numerous inconsistencies, just terrible dialogue, and awful game mechanics that only benefited a select exclusive few, yet it's still one of the most popular anime out there.
>>
>>94311795
Go post a thread on /a/ and see what happens
>>
I've watched EVERYTHING, and I genuinely bet not a single one of you fags can point to a moment that you'd call an genuine 10/10 moment (compared to your favorite show).
>>
>>94314903
>Also, you're really overestimating the general public's taste
Agreed. I decided to check out some eps of Fairy Tale, as I heard Michael had a voice role and I was interested to see it. It actually managed to give me some degree of appreciation for RWBY's writing.
>>
>>94315044
It's beyond me how anyone liked Fairy Tail. Especially the people who argue over whose the best looking girl in the show, when they all look the same from the neck down.
>>
>>94315044
RBWY has better writing than SAO too.
>>
>>94315189
not much of an acomplishment
>>
It desperately wants to be anime, but all of the ways it tries to accomplish that are just the surface level things you see in a fotm anime that gets forgotten about, not the type of things you'll see in actually decent anime. On top of this, the piss-quality animation takes away any charm this would have given it.

It comes from a popular company with a dedicated fanbase, but it still relatively niche enough (being a bastardized anime) that you aren't really going to find people who don't like it, because only the people who would have liked it sought it out in the first place.

For the first 2 seasons at least, the pacing and characterization is abysmal. There was really no reason to go with episodes that very from 4-15 minutes in length, and as a result you don't really get enough info on what's going on, and then things get super serious way too fast. They also don't really bother to develop characters unless it's the focal point of what's going on.

The character designs are actually pretty good, but they introduce too many characters and it becomes harder and harder to care about them. Also, for some reason everyone's weapon is also a gun, which gets old imo.
>>
>>94310364
The only element that was ever actually good was the fight coreography and Monty died so I assume that went to complete shit to go along with the mediocre writing and voicing and god fucking awful terrible animation holy shit how can a professional company feel okay with putting out content that bad.
>>
>>94315189
RWBY is self aware and genre savy, whereas KittyToe adventures is not in the slightest. look up the shit that was in the LN to see its shit unfiltered.
>>
>>94315282
I can't be arsed but you made me curious, how bad is it?
>>
>>94312123
>since they considered themselves anime aficionados
Do they really? Didn't Monty make everyone involved watch shit like fucking Evangelion and FLCL? How can someone possibly consider themselves an aficionado when they haven't even seen those two?
>>
>>94310364
The show went to shit after season one because that slanty eyed boob magician died
>>
File: 5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png (72KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_c0285eb227_o.png
72KB, 250x272px
>>94311500
>RT fangay
>>
>>94315274
Your mistake is thinking they're a professional company.
>>
File: IMG_5013.jpg (188KB, 769x1165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5013.jpg
188KB, 769x1165px
Post milfs
>>
the only major hate i see are some on 4chan and they want to tell you how much they hate it like it's a big accomplishment
>>
File: WXxLOQi.png (10KB, 1432x43px) Image search: [Google]
WXxLOQi.png
10KB, 1432x43px
>>94315349
Just a $100,000 labor of love
>>
File: ethsdg.jpg (411KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
ethsdg.jpg
411KB, 1280x905px
>>94315381
>>
>>94315314
warning: SAO as a LN was written by a 14 year old.

remember how he turned into a girl in the anime? Trans. kittytoe is a girl in a boys body. remember that comment about GGO scanning your brain and printing out your "true self"? or some bullshit.
>>
>>94315411
RWBY's unique and niche enough that chances are, you only see it if you already know it's something you'll be interested in.
But it's not just 4chan. I remember someone tried to show the first couple episodes at anime club in high school and had to turn it off because everyone who wasn't already a fan was bored out of their minds.
>>
>>94315282
>>94315314

Bullshit everyone always cites the anime s1 covered parts as the really terrible part and they are, but it's gets leaps and bounds better than RWBY much later but anime only will never get there.
>>
File: lovely raven.jpg (202KB, 550x882px) Image search: [Google]
lovely raven.jpg
202KB, 550x882px
>>94315381
Good idea! Raven is a cute bandit queen, and she has pillaged my heart
>>
>>94315381
Winter's not even 25

>>94315349
see>>94315427

Regardless of the image they're pushing they are by all legal and social definition a professional company.
>>
>>94315515
thats not Winter its her mom
>>
>>94315411
Reddit and Youtube also have its fair share of RWBY detractors, as it should because both communities dwarf image boards by a multitude. There are quite a few popular Youtube reviewers that aren't fans of RWBY and have posted videos criticizing it.
>>
RWBY seems better if you consider that its a character driven show, not a plot driven show. It has good characters and character interaction. but weak and meandering plots.
>>
>>94315549
you mean that edgy brony that makes 3 hour reviews nitpicking every moment of the show
>>
File: tumblr_nuhw7cmMLK1rdfw78o5_1280.png (393KB, 1267x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuhw7cmMLK1rdfw78o5_1280.png
393KB, 1267x960px
>>
>>
>>94315470
are you defending kittytoe "oh boy better strip naked and go down this river i hope no silly boys are seeing this live streamed match to the death teehee" type of fanservice? because we have anti upskirt tech at best.

also DEATH GUN, hacking in real time to save my digital ai babby, DEX BUILD LMAO, imma best at sword art cause I PLAYED THE CLOSED BETA, badass cloak of edgelordian, and kitty toe being a transgender
>>
>>94314899
Sort of.

I dropped it at one of the episodes centered around the school dance cause all the high school drama shit was making me cringe. This is when it was currently airing.

Then at EVO this year they announced a new Blaz Blue crossover game with RWBY characters so I decided to pick it up again to see if it got better or worse.

The season 2 finale wasn't bad so I kept watching. Turned out season 3 was a tournament arc and I'm a sucker for those so I kept watching. Sometime during season 3 it went from "why am I watching this?" to guilty pleasure.
>>
File: everything.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
everything.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>94315684
>>
>>94315314
So bad that the Abridged series is actually by far and away the superior version of experiencing it.

To keep things on topic though, RWBY isn't really that bad, but it's not exactly great either. There's a few moments of genuine quality (and V3 was unironically good), just enough to wade through the rest of its mediocrity.
>>
>>94314899
>And with Monty gone, the fight choreography has taken a massive blow, which is a shame, because it's the one thing that the show was able to do better than other shows.

Does anyone think the fight choreography in the new short is an improvement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZAS_rzgCE0
>>
>>94315747
weak
>>
File: IMG_4841.jpg (59KB, 724x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4841.jpg
59KB, 724x460px
>>94315643
Fun size ice cream
>>
>>94315776
it looks but guys will call it shit anyway to look cool
>>
File: IMG_4829.png (1MB, 772x1093px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4829.png
1MB, 772x1093px
>>94315381
>>
>>94315776
>>94315798
I liked it, but there were some awkward moments. Perhaps it's my autism speaking.
>>
>>94315776
>she still has the v4 outfit
fucking shit
>>
File: 1485476589562.jpg (250KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485476589562.jpg
250KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: 1500532263752.png (643KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500532263752.png
643KB, 800x600px
>>94315812
>>
>>94315875
>bring her original outfit to Maya
>only use it for a flashback character short.
>have her keep the worst one
This is bugging me.
>>
>>94315875
I just want weiss to get some light armor damnit, shes gonna be in mistral now, not fuckin cocktail parties.
>>
>>94310364
It's very bad.

There's not much good about it, and even the fight scenes that people praise aren't that good. They'd be okay if it was just a one-person racket, but with a full crew the show just reeks of amateurism. Might I add that the fight scenes really drop off in quality after Monty bit the dust, so there goes that.
>>
>>94316001
they're married to the pretty girl fighting thing. The most functional outfit that we'll ever see is Yang's, which also happens to be the best one
>>
>>94316035
I mean I enjoy it, but hey whatever floats your boat. IMO the show has progressed leaps and bounds from where it started.
>>
>>94316057
Yeah I know, just a pipe dream to see some actual armor in this show.
>>
i watched it last weekend and i thought it was okay, RWBY chibi too is fun its just time filler dont need to read too deep into it. is the show entertaining yeah, Could it be better sure, its like the new voltron,
>>
>>94316001

Won't happen.
Monty's entire thing was to make the outfits for the girls as easy to cosplay as possible.
>>
>>94315776
It's not really that great.
Go back to the original White trailer and look at the way she moves.

They made her twirl here and there to try and emulate what Monty did, but he was able to give her a fully realized fighting style that pretty seamlessly made it seem like she was both fighting and dancing.

A number of the post-Monty fights with Weiss have her doing a lot of generic anime zipping around super fast in lieu of actual choreography, particularly in the late vol 3 fights during the fall of Beacon.

The choreography in the original Red, White, Black, and Yellow trailers blow everything we've gotten in both vol 3 and 4 out of the water.
>>
>>94316175
>Weiss
>Fully realized fighting style
No she didn't.
>>
>>94315666
That looks fucking terrifying. Eyes man.
>>
>>94316175
Not as good as Monty's stuff, but still looks better than volume 4 fights.
>>
>>94310364
It doesn't deliver on this themes nor does it explore an interesting idea. Its does nothing new and what it does do has been done better elsewhere.
Worst of all is the fans, who broadly speaking, don't acknowledge its flaws
>>
>>94316292
Are you kidding me. the commnunity was constantly complaining about the drop in fight quality that happened in volumes 3 and 4, plenty of fans acknowledge the faults the show has. As for the interesting Idea I disagree, I find the world that RWBY takes place in very interesting and the show is now taking us around more of it.
>>
>>94316278
Qrow's fight was more impressive.

Qrow's vol 4 fight was actually better than his vol 3 fight with Winter, which was super awkward. They were just kind of zipping and flying around without any actual technique.
>>
Is this show still popular in Japan, or did they turn on it when the show went dark?
>>
>>94316175
To be fair, this was a flashback from before even the original white trailer, so weiss' movements were probably affected by the fact that this was way earlier in her training.
>>
>>94316366
His V4 fight looked okay, but what actually happened in it was dumb.

>Oh god I'm winning
>Time to stand here and let calmly walk up and punch me
>>
File: DE4c4D5UMAAO3C6-555x312.jpg (52KB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
DE4c4D5UMAAO3C6-555x312.jpg
52KB, 555x312px
>>94316379
I'd say it's still relatively popular.
>>
>>94316379
Getting bigger actually. They just started broadcasting the Japanese dub on TV over there.
>>
>>94316387
The scythe-throw-landing-thing was fuckin smooth tho.
>>
>>94316404
>>94316413
unsurprising, given the japs' irredeemably atrocious taste
>>
File: image.png (112KB, 288x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112KB, 288x318px
>spammed on /v/
>horrible animation
>old fans hating the new animation
>"not Anime"
>community worse than SU or on par
>ironic weebs/babby first anime
>tumblr audience
>any discussion/thread will draw tripfags
>RWBYg is just a subreddit now
>the most casual shit
take ur pic
>>
File: 1486438694188.jpg (94KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
1486438694188.jpg
94KB, 640x716px
>>94316531
>>
>>94316531
>RWBYg is a subreddit now
They're having a meltdown over gay posting over there.
>>
>>94316531
aside from horrible animation, every other thing you posted is concentrated autism
>>
>>94316531
>tumblr audience
>>
Writing is pretty amateurish and riddled with cliches, main character is woefully underdeveloped while side characters steal focus, animation is kind of awkward, animu style. Take your pick.

Full disclosure, I like the show, I'm just not blind to the fact that it started very rough and suffered a serious blow when its creator died.
>>
File: 1463676589363.jpg (71KB, 400x636px) Image search: [Google]
1463676589363.jpg
71KB, 400x636px
>>94316531
Don't forget
>Void of original ideas
>Cringey dialog that sounds like teen girls trying to imitate anime
>Schizophrenic episode times and awful pacing
>>
>>94316588

Ooh, that's embarrassing.
>>
>>94316614
If I remember right from when The first two volumes were out, Tumblrinas wanted to lynch Jaune for getting actual character development and for him going after weiss.
>>
how downright pathetic can a series be when the only good thing its fans can say to defend it is "it as good fight scenes"
>>
>>94316799
Good characters

Good designs

Good worldbuilding

decent humor

Good music
>>
>>94310439
>fight animation quality falls off a cliff
I hate this fucking argument.
NO.
The animation gets better in every possible regard starting in season 3. The Qrow/Winter fight blows just about everything except the mecha reveal fight out of the water.
Saying shit like
>The fight choreography got bad because Monty, peace be upon him, died
Is the most canned response I have heard in any fandom. It tells me in an instant that you have zero capability to actually form your own opinion.
>>
>>94316729
No one wants fag shit. /trash/ is a hell hole
>>
File: 1499912092573.jpg (37KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499912092573.jpg
37KB, 540x540px
>>94316869
what anime is that?
because it sure as hell aint rwby
>>
File: 1483811672902.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483811672902.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>94316901
>>
>>94315515

>not even 25

If we're going by anime/Japan standards, over 21 is "old."
>>
>>94310872
Why? Because they just threw every anime trope they could get their hands on in there without understanding how they worked or why they worked, like a kid making his first pot of soup?
>>
>>94316945
They literally had no experience with that style when they started, of course it was rough.
>>
>>94316898
I cannot fucking believe you. The Qrow/Winter fight was easily the worst in the entire series. They're just zipping and flying around without any thought put into the choreography.
The original trailers, Sun with his gun-chucks, and the 4v1 Pyrrha vs CRDL fight make that fight look like a joke.
>>
>>94310364
Yurifags.

Being all the vacuous tropes of anime with nothing of substance.

Lazy facial modeling.

The fights have no weight or impact, and none of the movement feels like it has momentum.

Character designs are lazy and boring.
>>
>>94317046
I agree. The animation quality increased but the fight scenes suffered. Luckily things seem to be coming back towards their previous quality, which makes me excited to see the combo of awesome fights and better animation.
>>
File: IMG_3518.png (796KB, 939x1123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3518.png
796KB, 939x1123px
>>94317046
Qrow and Winter are going to meet again soon
>>
>>94317114
Qrow is gonna focus on the whole Ozpins soul inside Oscar situation and Winter is probably going to die.
>>
>>94317114
I will have a full bucket of popcorn and a drink for that episode. them fireworks gonna be bright.
>>
>>94315138
>It's beyond me how anyone liked Fairy Tail.
It's just borderline hentai. Which is sad, because Rave Master was actually good.

>>94315189
That's a low fucking bar.
>>
File: Zr343lNPQHg.jpg (52KB, 357x374px) Image search: [Google]
Zr343lNPQHg.jpg
52KB, 357x374px
>>94316869
I didn't realize we were talking about Wakfu.
>>
>>94317190
I havent actually watched this yet, would you recomend it?
>>
>>94315314
GLOP GLOP GLOP.

>>94315684
Don't forget Kirito's harem building!
>>
>>94316413
jesus wept
>>
>>94317190
That's not a good design.
>>
I like it from the standpoint of it being clearly influenced by anime and weeb-shit, without the creators actually having been raised in Japan's strict traditional society, so they can take the standard tropes and patterns and take them in directions other than the "traditional" interpretations.

It's sure as hell not perfect, but it's different, and it's got a certain passion to it that I enjoyed. Depending on how long it runs, I can definitely see it morphing into something beautiful.

Assuming the loss of Monty isn't a fatal setback. Season 5's really going to be where they have to step up and show that they can carry on without him, since it's where the plot picks back up, instead of just ten episodes of walking down the road.
>>
File: 1457046957026.jpg (89KB, 1024x613px) Image search: [Google]
1457046957026.jpg
89KB, 1024x613px
>>94317218
It's honestly required /co/ viewing. It also has my favorite villain of all-time, so I'm a little biased.
But like RWBY, the english voices are terrible and you should watch it in french.
>>
>>94317114
they should fug
>>
>>94317267
They wont.
>>
>>94317218
Yes. Just be ready for a ride.
>>
File: 1494129123595.png (1MB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1494129123595.png
1MB, 800x1280px
This should happen.
>>
>>94317272
damn shame
>>
>>94310364
It's written like a shitty webcomic, and it's animated like a bad Garry's Mod video
>>
>>94317218
It takes a bit to get into it, starts good but gets a tad slow, but it gets very good
>>
>>94317263
Luckily I read quick so subtitiles have never bothered me.
>>
>>94317330
*ANGRY RENORA SHOUTS*
>>
File: 1486099424073.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486099424073.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>94317340
>>
File: confused doggo.png (102KB, 227x374px) Image search: [Google]
confused doggo.png
102KB, 227x374px
>>94317400

Why? That's Jaune and Yang
>>
this thread shows another bad thing about rwby.

its fans cant handle criticism towards it
>>
Ive been in RWBYg since Vol 1
Can confirm cancer peaked at Vol 3

anything after Vol 2 is straight up shit and not Monty visions but the visions of corporate jews
>>
>>94317330
>Jaune has a pistol
but why? More importantly, where's Crocea Mors?
>>
File: 1488062245783.jpg (2MB, 1609x1609px) Image search: [Google]
1488062245783.jpg
2MB, 1609x1609px
>>94317218
Honestly, it does most of the stuff RWBY does just straight up better. Wakfu and RWBY are basically on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to CGI imitating drawings, but Wakfu actually has it's own style instead of looking like generic anime
>>
>>94317491
A lot of people seem to want Jaune to have a gun
>>
>>94317466
m8 what you on about? everyone agrees it's absolute garbage
>>
>>94317483
>anything after Vol 2 is straight up shit and not Monty visions
Monty actually animated quite a bit of Roman and Neo vs. Ruby in V3 before his death, pretty sure he did a few other bits here and there too
>>
File: gun.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
>>94317522
>>
>>94317436
whoops, I thought it was nora. I can ship dragonslayer.
>>
>>94317466
Ive seen a lot of criticism from rwby fans themselves in this thread and for all the RWBY threads Ive seen, this one actually has some conversation in it.
>>
>>94317522
I think Jaune should get holy magic as his semblance. Things like barriers, healing, energy blasts, would suit his character and design really well but mostly i think it's taking way to damn long for us to figure out what it is. There's no way he's making it in the Blazblue game without a more fleshed out fighting style.
>>
>>94317491
>>94317522
It's fanart of a fanfic called Technician.
>>
>>94316901

In October we will return from /trash/. You will find the wasteland of /trash/ will have made us stronger and we will return with a greater sense of will and a lesser regard for decency. Prepare yourselves.
>>
File: nobody understands cricket.jpg (85KB, 1616x910px) Image search: [Google]
nobody understands cricket.jpg
85KB, 1616x910px
>>94317522
Who needs a gun, when you have the legendary sword-sword? The sword that can transform into a BIGGER sword!
>>
I just want to see Summer and see who Ruby's biological dad really is
>>
>>94317739
Ludwig's was one of the most popular weapons in BB
>>
File: 1470464086409.jpg (68KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1470464086409.jpg
68KB, 600x590px
because people are dumb and get very upset over trivial things

rwby is neither amazing nor offensively bad. the animation problems present in it were also notable in all of monty oum's previous work. people slam it for having shit animation (among other things) but i can't imagine why anyone thought it would have particularly good animation in the first place. rooster teeth isn't pixar.

i'm pretty sure it's mostly hated because there are some people that -do- like it despite its shortcomings
>>
File: Mom's spaghetti.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Mom's spaghetti.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>94317711
I'm honestly hoping we only get team RWBY in crosstag mainly cause I want more space for Under-Night and Persona Characters
>>
>>94317711
Fucking wish they would just confirm his goddamn semblance already, everything has to have a big reveal though. Yeah there's no chance he's making it into the Blazblue game as he is now, no confirmed semblance and canon weakest member of the teams
>>
Why is every villain in the show hot garbage aside from Roman? Who died to leave us with only hot garbage?
He was fun and enjoyable. Also based Gray as his VA. His team up with Neo also was pretty neat.

Then we have Cinder and Salem who are the worst. So generic. So fucking boring.

"Something, something, keikaku. I'm so evil, hehe" was what I heard every time I heard Cinder open her mouth.

Salem is a lame. She acts like Ozpin turned her down or some shit and just as "I'm so evil" as Cinder.

I laughed when Cinder jobbed to MUH SILVER EYES.
>>
the whole thing feels fake and lame.
like a bunch of people piled up everything that they thought was anime, mashed it up into a chunky slurry, then tried to sell it.
the writing is lame, the characters all feel like check boxes, and the voice acting makes every single fibre of my being want to cease existence.
and i tried!
i watched it in japanese to satisfy my weeb autism, and i still couldn't stomach it, even in grorious nipponspeak.
when even japan cant make me watch something i know its probably not for me.
>>
>>94317799
Losing Gray as a VA was the worst of it. I don't know if he voices any other characters, but I hope he does.
>>
File: C9Ij4IvVYAE9Jbz.png (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C9Ij4IvVYAE9Jbz.png
93KB, 500x500px
>>94317799
Gray was such a gift to voicing Roman
>>
>>94317814
Gray, Vic, and whoever voices Jacques and Tyrian are the only good VAs.

And I guess Shannon is okay too.

If Gray comes back, it'll probably just be for a Roman flashback.
>>
File: tumblr_nuhw7cmMLK1rdfw78o6_1280.png (241KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuhw7cmMLK1rdfw78o6_1280.png
241KB, 720x960px
>>94317930
>>
File: best boy.webm (915KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.webm
915KB, 960x540px
>>94317978
>>
File: IMG_5056.jpg (443KB, 842x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5056.jpg
443KB, 842x1920px
>>94317272
>>94317335
They will. And Weiss and Ruby will walk in on it
>>
>>94318006
I'm sorry anon, but they will not fug, no matter how much you want Qrow to smash that.
>>
File: tumblr_mmzbg5C65R1rsb0l2o1_500.gif (821KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmzbg5C65R1rsb0l2o1_500.gif
821KB, 500x321px
>joan of arc
>pyrrhic victory

shes gonna be resurrected as some sort of fire spirit and burn jaune's dick, isnt she?
>>
>>94318043
If anything, it's more likely that they'll get into another fight when Qrow inevitably starts shit talking Irondaddy again and she steps up only to get BTFO again.

Then she dies next episode. Qrow has moment of lamentation. Then next episode it's as if it never happened to him.
>>
>>94318126
She's gonna talk to him as a ghost, train him as a ghost, and then jaune will kill cinder but also give his own life, also becoming a ghost
>>
File: WuZuYF3.png (189KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
WuZuYF3.png
189KB, 640x353px
This scene pretty much sums up everything I hate about RWBY.
>LOL BIG OVER-THE-TOP FOOD FIGHT BECAUSE THATS WHAT ANIME WOULD DO!
What anime are we talking about here, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo?

It just seems like Monty and the crew didn't actually understand the thing they were trying to emulate, and just wanted to shove in as many anime tropes as possible without stopping to think about whether or not they all go together. You just can't have a scene like this and then expect anything that follows to be taken seriously. The only people who do are dumb weeaboos who like anything that resembles anime. If it weren't for the novelty of "hey, this looks just like anime, but it was made in the west!", there would be no excuse.

RWBY is nothing but an uninspired, cliche-ridden mess doing everything it can to distract the audience from the fact that it's just a hollow imitation made by people who had no plan, no credentials, and no idea what they were doing.
>>
File: 1501014747620.png (493KB, 655x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501014747620.png
493KB, 655x450px
>>94318256
fuck off idiot
>>
Did Monty animate the Mercury battle in the vital festival against team coffee? That was one of my favorites in the series and nothing else after season 3 came close to it.
>>
File: 1410234466695.jpg (7KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1410234466695.jpg
7KB, 208x199px
>>94318256
>making this much of a big deal about intentionally silly food fight

yall niggas gotta relax
>>
>>94317967
I thin the main actors are at least passable.
>>
>>94318165
>>94318126

Did Achilles get revived? I'm not too knowledgeable on that kind of stuff.
>>
>>94318318

That one I don't remember but I /think/ it was either Shane or Dillon. He did animate most of Pyrrha vs Penny, and Ruby vs Roman/Neo, though.
>>
>>94318256
>You just watched this ridiculously over the top food fight happen
>Now listen to Ozpin and Glynda talk about serious stuff seconds after

I wholeheartedly agree
>>
File: 78e.jpg (135KB, 1166x978px) Image search: [Google]
78e.jpg
135KB, 1166x978px
>rwby fanbase in a nutshell
>>
File: 157147.jpg (15KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
157147.jpg
15KB, 225x350px
>>94318368
are you retards even trying anymore
>>
>>94318368

But one of the rwby General rules is that you have to agree it's shit.
>>
>>94318332
I dont think so, I think he did meet a lover in death in one story.
>>
File: IMG_4854.png (2MB, 1497x1648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4854.png
2MB, 1497x1648px
>>94318043
You're wrong
>>
>>94318398
nope its just you
>>
>>94318330
Ruby was okay for most of Volume 1, until her actor decided to give her an obnoxiously high pitched voice that either makes me cringe, laugh at how stupid it sounds, or both.

Yang and Weiss are solid. Blake always sounds off to me.
>>
>>94318412
I'm not, accept the truth anon.
>>
>>94318453
blake belladonna?

more like blank blanderella
seriously, theyre clearly going for the "kuudere" archetype but shes just so damn..nothing.
>>
File: 1475819642561.jpg (70KB, 564x791px) Image search: [Google]
1475819642561.jpg
70KB, 564x791px
I'm just curious about how Ruby is going to play.
Also is it worth getting into Uniel for Merkava? He seems like a fun dude.
>>
>>94318453
The problem is the voice direction for RWBY can be ass and the people there actually think the high pitch voice is good.
>>
>>94318502
meant for>>94317790
>>
>>94318126
No, but she will still live on as Jaune and Ruby's daughter, Pyrrha Penny Rose-Arc
>>
File: 1491188964081.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491188964081.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>94318537
>Jaune and Ruby's daughter,
>Jaune and Ruby
>>
>>94318537
jesus christ you reminded me of the wonderful name of albus severus potter
>>
>>94318589
>Inb4 RWBY gets a movie akin to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child when they finish it at Volume 20
>>
>>94318332
>Did Achilles get revived? I'm not too knowledgeable on that kind of stuff.
I mean, kind of. By Greek mythology standards.

Do keep in mind that the mythology behind Pyrrha doesn't end at Achilles. There was also a much more prominent figure in Greek myth by the same name who, along with her husband, were basically the Ancient Greek version of Noah's Ark and responsible for repopulating the Earth after Zeus decided to end the bronze age with a massive flood.
Pyrrha in RWBY also matches up with mythological Pyrrha's physical description. Pale skin with flaming red hair. So she's not entirely based on Achilles.

Pyrrha was also the name of one of Creon's daughter.

And then of course there's the whole flame and ashes symbolism going on that could lead to them just saying "Fuck it" and doing a whole phoenix thing with her. It's not like it's beyond M&K to jump the shark.
>>
>>94318490
>Monty's oc will not end up with his wife's
Again you're wrong
>>
File: 1477805519965.png (487KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
1477805519965.png
487KB, 800x485px
>>94318572
Mock me for my ship while you can, but I will be vindicated in the future and all will know that I was right.
>>
>>94318705
>allowing Winter to have anything to do with Sheena
Do you hate Winter?
Do you hate Monty?
>>
>>94318705
>Implying M&K are going to let them happen after the completely scummy shit she did with the money she raised for Monty.
>>
File: gay.jpg (138KB, 636x1129px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
138KB, 636x1129px
>>94318711
>they cant even share a hug without it being scrapped out of fear for giving the audience the wrong idea about Ruby and Jaunes relationship

Sure anon, sure
>>
>>94310364
At the moment it's the Jaune and Ruby show with guest appearances by WBY.
>>
>>94318790
V4 was the Jaune and Blake show with Ruby continuously talking for 10 minutes at the very end so she technically has the most dialogue.
>>
>>94318754
How are Ren's weapons just attached to his pants right there?

How do half the people in this show even carry their portable death traps?
>>
File: smol rubes.jpg (90KB, 1616x910px) Image search: [Google]
smol rubes.jpg
90KB, 1616x910px
>>94318754
It always amazes me how tall Jaune is. He just towers over smol folk like Ruby and Nora.
That's a boy who drank his milk growing up.
>>
File: l o n g t e r m s h i p.jpg (6KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
l o n g t e r m s h i p.jpg
6KB, 300x57px
>>94318711
patrician taste, my fellow gentleman
>>
>>94318823
It's amazing how his parents were just going to let all that boy go to waste
>>
>>94318820
Well in V1-3 he held them up his sleeves which made even less sense
>>
>>94318502
Merkava's pretty fun, I'm a Hyde/Wagner man myself but he's still a pretty fun character.
FYI, UNIST, the update to uniel is out from the Japs already so I'd either buy that using a Japanese psn account or just wait for the American release.
>>
File: YL_HANK.jpg (195KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
YL_HANK.jpg
195KB, 768x960px
>>94318297
>>94318321
He's right you know.
>>
File: BY7cDQ9y.jpg (42KB, 387x387px) Image search: [Google]
BY7cDQ9y.jpg
42KB, 387x387px
>wears black and red
>hood
>scythe
>sniper rifle

on a scale of 1 to *teleports behind you* how hot topic is rwby's character concept
>>
>>94318842
With how he started the series as civilian tier, to being able to stop a charging Nuck and hold his own decently after only a few months training, he clearly had latent shonen protag potential wasting away because of whatever reasoning his parents had to not train him.
>>
>>94310364
It's the life's work of a massive weeb, who dreamt of a future where the West-made waifus were enjoyed by the Japs. And God rest his soul, he succeeded all too well.
>>
>>94318974
Monty was completely unironically an edgelord at times.
Like his original plan for Pyrrha's death being her getting flamed so hard it leaves a nuclear shadow and Jaune witnessing it and it being his fault somehow or something like that.
>>
>>94318974
Raven and Adam are actual edgelords
>>
>>94310364
because it looks bad, sounds bad, the cliches are beyond bad and played out, and it's making profits off of stolen assets. and the creators threaten to sue the people who call them out of this. which is something unforgivable
>>
Who had the worst V4? Writing wise, Ruby is still static, they had good ideas but didn't go anyway with them. Then they want to pretend she grew as a character with the letter. Weiss arguably looks more stupid, with her one dimensional family that has so much potential but they're aren't doing anything. Her character makes less and less sense as the show goes on. Same can be said for Blake but ....but Blake has always been in a questionable spot. As for Yang? I feel nothing was gained from her arc, she was sad, then got better, but her character before then wasn't disadvantaged in a way for her to develop. I mean she might change as a fighter, but I don't see how her arc is helped her grow as a person.
>>
>>94319058
>Stolen assets
First I've heard of this. Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
File: 1500268350272.png (136KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
1500268350272.png
136KB, 400x283px
>>94319090
did someone say.. quick rundown?
>>
>>94319025

Pyrrha was supposed to be a more even match for Cinder than she was (Maidens weren't a thing until V3 was being developed), and Jaune was supposed to be directly responsible for Pyrrha's death (Probably by getting in the way and Pyrrha eating an arrow meant for him).

But, between Cinder being a now super powerful Maiden where should wouldn't have been before and thus grossly outclassing Pyrrha, and Jaune already being a hated character while Pyrrha was a fan favorite, it was changed. They knew damn well that if Jaune was responsible for her death, the character would never have a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the audience again.
>>
>>94310364
It would be better off it was a harem starring Jaune. The RWBY team then would focus on him and his opinion, instead of the boring shit we have to watch.
>>
>>94319025
>Jaune witnessing it
Makes somewhat more sense than Ruby witnessing it, did she and Pyrrha even talk to each other before she died?
>>
>>94319048
Raven is literally *teleports behind you*: the character.

Adam fights like a bootleg Jetstream Sam.
>>
>>94319073
>Ruby is still static, they had good ideas but didn't go anyway with them. Then they want to pretend she grew as a character with the letter.

I'd still like to know what the fuck was up with her remembering a conversation between Pyrrha and Cinder that she was never there for.
Because knowing M&K, this is either a very big deal...Or they were just lazy and threw in whatever the fuck who cares.
>>
>>94316869
>good worldbuilding
>>
>>94318412
My only motivation for watching volume 5 is seeing these two faggots interact once more, I don't even care if they kill her right after that
>>
>>94319206
>Makes somewhat more sense than Ruby witnessing it, did she and Pyrrha even talk to each other before she died?

On a few very brief occasions.
Apparently she was one of Ruby's closest and dearest friends off camera. You know, to justify Pyrrha being the Krillin to her Goku when RWBY went Super Saiyan.
>>
>>94318716
>>94318740
Well he doesn't know that better to them together in the show rather than the way it turned out
>>
File: no touch.png (2MB, 1279x875px) Image search: [Google]
no touch.png
2MB, 1279x875px
>>94319185

go back to self-inserting into jaune harem fanfiction
>>
File: 1477778052630.png (947KB, 1144x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477778052630.png
947KB, 1144x639px
Volume 4 was pretty great for busting headcanons.
Like I had always kind of assumed Weiss had a dead mom since she was never mentioned, same with another sibling.
Same goes for Blake having loving parents, since everyone kind of figured by her speech in vol 1 that she was some orphan faunus on the street or something.
>>
>>94319256
I cant tell if I need sleep or if that sentence is lacking coherence
>>
>>94319256

Nah, Sheena is a cunt.
She took all of that donated Monty money and spent it on herself. Specifically frivolous shit.
She also started fucking some other dude not even 3 months after her husband kicked the bucket. Clearly she wasn't grieving too hard, and she obviously didn't love him as much as she loved her, no matter how sappy her goodbye messages to him were that she put on the internet. Actions > Words. And her actions were shit.
>>
File: 33714171716_3f3935f21a_z.jpg (82KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
33714171716_3f3935f21a_z.jpg
82KB, 640x500px
tooby winter when?
>>
>>94319270
>Muh Bmblb song

Why did Jeff even write that?
>>
>>94319246
It kind of makes sense that they would be pretty good friends offscreen, since they have some things in common. Friends with Jaune, both are prodigies, wear red clothing, etc.
>>
>>94319296
I'm tired too. I'm just saying if he wants his of to be with the good version of his wife let it happen rather than what she has become
>>94319317
So the dead man can't be happy
>>
File: 1500052962837.png (254KB, 1332x661px) Image search: [Google]
1500052962837.png
254KB, 1332x661px
>>94319058
>stolen assets
>>
>>94319270
>Like I had always kind of assumed Weiss had a dead mom since she was never mentioned

Oh she's dead alright. She's dead inside.
Mama Schnee has been sitting in the garden getting drunk for the last ten years because she finally realized that Beerus tricked her into marriage so he could take over her father's dust empire.
>>
>>94319336
He probably did it as a fun little gift for the fandom, especially since he had to release the album later than intended, but didnt realize how fucking autistic and bratty the BB shippers are.
>>
>>94319336
To tease fans of course.
Watch vol 5 soundtrack will have other teasing ship songs, and he will make it a thing to write songs that tease popular ships that may or may never happen in the show.
>>
>>94317494
>CGI imitating drawings,
Wakfu's made in flash, breh
technically cgi, but not 3D
>>
>>94319270
Blake having a loving family makes her look even more like a moody brat
>>
>>94319346
>So the dead man can't be happy

The dead man can be happy with the knowledge that his show became way more popular than it had any right to be. To the point that a legitimate game studio is putting his waifus in a fighting video game.
>>
>>94319212
Adam feels like he was supposed to be Vergil inspired, only red instead of blue for extra edge. If that was the intention though they ruined it with him using a gun.
>>
File: 1501516674522.png (233KB, 910x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501516674522.png
233KB, 910x512px
>>94317739
>>
File: Weiss.jpg (47KB, 368x340px) Image search: [Google]
Weiss.jpg
47KB, 368x340px
>>94319185
>RWBY harem involving Jaune
One of the positively few things I can say about RWBY is that it didn't sink down to this level of annoying BS. Harems are retarded, and no one in their right mind would want to see someone like Jaune managing to attract the entire RWBY team for no reason.
>>
>>94319389
She's literally the "typical liberal white girl goes out to protest against something she's never actually ever experienced"
>>
>>94319403
Eww
>>
>>94319403
Would.
>>
File: pfbd3dax4nkurvcmwtpt.jpg (24KB, 636x505px) Image search: [Google]
pfbd3dax4nkurvcmwtpt.jpg
24KB, 636x505px
>>94319356
nah she probs has a genetic resting bitch face syndrome.

imagine being papa schnee, on your honeymoon. the night you conceived winter.
and your wife's bitch face. just staring right back at you. shes moaning. loudly. but the expression on her face is stone cold.

id be hard as diamonds
>>
>>94319389

This legitimately pissed me off.
Not only does she have a loving family, but she's fucking loaded.
She was being played off as the most tragic RWBY for three fucking volumes, only for us to find out in volume 4 that she had no reason to be so standoffish.

Meanwhile here comes Ruby with the dead mother, Yang with the dead step-mother and the absent real mother, and Weiss with the completely shit family save her sister.
And all three of them manage to keep their chin up better than Blake.
>>
>>94319346
It doesnt matter, Qrow is not Monty, and Winter is not Sheena, RT wants to drop any possibly relation back to Sheena and the shit she pulled with them and Monty, the characters now exist beyond Monty and Sheena wanting to have cosplay sex as Qrow and Winter.
>>
>>94319389
She's a fucking hypocrite.

Hell, he's and edgelord, but I bet if they ever reveal Adam's past, it'd justify his genocidal campaign against humanity better than Blake's "they're oppressing me and it must change as I sat in my jap mansion"
>>
File: yes.jpg (31KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
31KB, 500x449px
What was it about the show that warranted a 24/7 general again?
>>
>>94319090
There have been multiple claims of model parts and assets created by other mmd artists used without permission, things like hair and some clothing, and the people that have called them out have been threatened with legal action. They have proven that they did buy character models to use in the show, but that's not what people were taking issue with.
>>
>>94319463
Waifus
>>
File: 1480279132517.jpg (100KB, 1200x751px) Image search: [Google]
1480279132517.jpg
100KB, 1200x751px
>>94319403
Girl Jaune would be a miracle of the universe and none of the other waifus could even compete.
>>
>>94319389
Oh god not this shit again.

Look up where ethnic and racial terrorists and revolutionaries actually emerge from. It's not where you think and Blake is incredibly accurate.
>>
My only wish for volume 5 is the return of Sun's gun-chucks-staff, even though I know there's a possibility that they'll be horribly animated. I miss them dearly.
>>
>>94319400
>Gun-sheathe

We MGR now?
"Show me a good time, Yang!"
>>
>>94319438
>Implying Papa Schnee was fucking his wife on their honeymoon.
>Implying he wasn't spending the honeymoon alone, drinking the most expensive alcohol he could find, laughing his ass off because he can't believe he just pulled off the biggest scam in Remnant history.
>>
File: IMG_4895.jpg (90KB, 791x419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4895.jpg
90KB, 791x419px
>>94319452
Then again we'll just have to wait and see if they do or not
>>
File: basedstickman.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
basedstickman.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>94319454
what if blake is an analogy to the typical faunuslivesmatter member?

rich priveleged fur kids who think theyre the new generation's civil rights revolutionaries and in absence of actual strife they join extremist groups to guarantee conflict and therefore reinforce their believes that they are on the #rigthsideofhistory
>>
>>94316531
>spammed on /v/
I'm hardly in the RWBY fanbase but I love going into /v/ threads abd fucking around just to annoy people like you.
>>
>>94319526
I highly doubt they will do anything with either of them beyond another smaller bitch fest. Qrow has to deal with Ozpin and Oscar, Ruby, the many villains that want her dead and the still existing wound in his gut. Winter has Weiss's plot do deal with.
>>
>>94319409
>Not wanting Jaune to become Taiyang 2.0
But no, I agree with you completely.
>>
>>94319516
Nic Schnee was probably the real one laughing, after all the best scheme is the one where the schmuck who fell for it doesn't even realize it.
>"So I told that Jacques guy he can run my company, on one condition: he has to marry my daughter."
>"that madman actually went and did it! ho ho ho, she's his problem now!"
>>
>>94319493
This.
>>
>>94319533
Whenever the topic of Blake's origin comes up it just confirms how little people know about history. Even recent history.
>>
>>94319578
>knock up a bitch
woops she disappeared
>knock up another bitch
woops shes dead

goddamit taiyang
>>
>>94319493

>Pyrrha always drawn as fujobait instead of a hunky spartan.

Come on man, do I gotta do it myself?
>>
>>94319578
>Taiyang 2.0
>fucks one girl, who then fucks off and leaves him with a kid
>fucks another girl, who then dies leaving him with a kid
>inevitable sad fucking of the first girls alcoholic twin brother
>>
>>94319419
>Parents were the former leaders of the fucking organization
>She grew up in a community literally named zoo with no room for expansion or growth due to be a hellish landscape beyond the small hamlet.
>>
>>94319615

I mean.
Most of the boys in this show are fujobait.
Why would boy-Pyrrha be any different?
>>
>>94319601
>Volume 8, Raven is forced to kill Taiyang

If anything to that effect happens to the guy, I'll feel pretty sad.
>>
All of the Faunus and White Fang shit would at least have some semblance of making sense if they would actually show some of this alleged anti-Faunus racism they are always on about.
The only racist characters we see are Cardin, who is an ass to everyone as well though, and Roman, who would have found other insults if he had human goons.
All they have to show is like a few stores having like a "no Faunus allowed!" sign, or background characters walking across the street so they dont pass Blake and Sun or something.
>>
>>94319639
>>She grew up in a community literally named zoo with no room for expansion or growth due to be a hellish landscape beyond the small hamlet.

If Australia can make it work, the Faunus can make it work.
>>
>names seasons "volume"

come on, even game of thrones isnt pretentious enough to do this
>>
File: IMG_5048.gif (4MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5048.gif
4MB, 720x404px
>>94319560
The alternative is Qrow x Willow or Qrow x Summer and Ruby is the daughter of Qrow snow has some decent lewds btw
>>
>>94319639
The part that gets me is how would she have ever experienced racism and prejudice while living there? literally everyone around is other Faunus.
It's like a black guy saying he feels he's always discriminated against, while living in Africa.
>>
File: Super_Best_Friends_Play.jpg (310KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Best_Friends_Play.jpg
310KB, 1280x720px
>its a team MRVL episode
>>
>>94319688
>Qrow x Willow
All about that, 100% want Jacques to get cucked
Qrow x Summer with ruby as their daughter. Highly unlikely
>>
>>94319625
What if Ruby god all Raven and leaves while Yang becomes supermom 2.0
>>94319665
I love the theory that all the rwby oc's live the desert of Blake's home. Where she met Adam their leader
>>
>>94319688
>Qrow x Willow

If they legitimately decide to cuck Jaques, I'll fucking die of laughter.
>>
File: RWBY12_001026.png (801KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RWBY12_001026.png
801KB, 1280x720px
just a few more semesters and joel's gonna retire and cash in his gold dust investments.
>>
File: IMG_3799.gif (967KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3799.gif
967KB, 250x200px
>>94319719
>MPWL
Maple. Too bad Liam is gone
>>
File: DarkestDungeon.png (698KB, 686x580px) Image search: [Google]
DarkestDungeon.png
698KB, 686x580px
>>94317711
I too really want Jaune to go full Paladin or Crusader mode and smite the shit out of something.
>>
>>94310364
>>>/trash/
>>
>>94319639
Her parents were also the leaders of the village and their house, despite everyone having shitfits about how big it was, was barely the size of a larger building in the actual cities shown and was pretty goddamn barren and importantly made of wood.

Good wood is a luxury in the modern world but considering that everyone's houses in the place are like that, it just looks like they made the leaders house a bit bigger to show it was the leaders house. And it was fucking empty which can't be attributed to rendering issues because compare it to Atlas.

>>94319706
It's not like a black guy living in Africa. It's like a fucking Indian on the reservation.

Even if nobody can be assed to personally go over there to shit on them they still live somewhere named Menagerie.
>>
>>94319763
alternatively team:
CNDA
MPLE
ZBTS
ZBAZ
>>
>>94319688
>Willow shows up to Mistral
>Qrow and Winter fighting
>Willow walks up
>everyone surprised, but more surprised that Willow and Qrow actually know each other rather well
>light conversation becomes heavy flirting
>"I'll catch up with with you and Weiss later, Winter. Qrow here owes me a drink"
>>
>>94319775

Mods stated that the occasional RWBY thread is still allowed here in the off season as long as they aren't continuous general threads.
>>
>>94319775
RWBY threads are allowed every once in a while, RWBY generals are not allowed until the volume starts up again.
>>
>>94319763
hes living the dream. being a weeb NEET that occasionally hunts game for his ramen noodles. he is too good for this world.
>>
File: genocidal maniac.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
genocidal maniac.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>still no team [BLKD]
>>
>>94319797
This sounds too good to actually happen
>>
>>94319706
>It's like a black guy saying he feels discriminated against, while living in Africa.
Why are the people who shit on Blake always the ones who know the least about everything they're talking about.

Do you know anything about world history? This was a common topic in middle school.
>>
File: 1473879918102.gif (332KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1473879918102.gif
332KB, 400x300px
>follow the artist kennoarkkan (rule 34 artist)
>either he or someone else actually went back to his old rwby art and edited a jaune x pyrrha pic
>turned it into cardin x pyrrha

why is this allowed? why is this not banned in the geneva convetion?
>>
>>94319912

I actually fucking love Cardin x Pyrrha. It pisses off Arkos fans to high heaven and the thought of Jaune getting cucked is humorous to me because Jaune is awful.
>>
>>94319912
the Cardin/Pyrrha porn always makes me laugh because of how I imagine it going.
>Cardin thinks he's NTRing Jaune
>Jaune, just like in canon, has no interest in Pyrrha and thinks Cardin is just turning a new leaf and wishes them the best in their relationship
>Pyrrha suffering never ends
>>
>>94319986
You don't watch the show do you?
>>
>>94317739
Is there a Costanza edit of this image?
>>
>>94319995
No.

Jaune would disprove because Cardin is an asshole and when Pyrrha gets her hopes up he'll tell her she has the same issue as his sister with dating assholes.

And then he'd bring up that nice boy Sun.
>>
File: IMG_3156.jpg (235KB, 516x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3156.jpg
235KB, 516x736px
Does Blake have milking fetish
>>
File: 1477713461010.jpg (1MB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
1477713461010.jpg
1MB, 1500x2100px
>>94320056
If Jaune ever mentions that he cared for Pyrrha, like another sister to him, I can only imagine the waves of salty tears from Arkosfags.
>>
>we must secure the future of faunus children
what did blake mean by this?
>>
File: 1499389267900.jpg (279KB, 1280x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1499389267900.jpg
279KB, 1280x1108px
>>94320104
I know I do
>>
File: IMG_5052.png (271KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5052.png
271KB, 1024x576px
>>94320120
Blake is in heat, and she's about to leave with Sun for quite a long time
>>
>why must the negro be given the vote while the faunus have not?

umm blake?
>>
File: 1501219205777.png (203KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501219205777.png
203KB, 700x700px
I hope they dont completely fuck up with whatever it is they have planned for Neo.
>>
Reminder that Ruby is officially in an upcoming fighting game. We made it bois.
>>
>>94320365
Kind of hard to fuck up planning nothing.
>>
>>94320447
Doesnt that mean they're more on track to fucking up than not
>>
>>94320365
Yang has to get her win back to show how she has grown and will probably kill her too
>>
>>94320469
God I hope they dont end it with another Yang vs. Neo.
>>
File: people person.jpg (59KB, 388x294px) Image search: [Google]
people person.jpg
59KB, 388x294px
>Yang vs Neo rematch
>Yang vs Merc rematch
>Yang vs Adam rematch
why does Yang get all the rivals.
>>
>>94320490
Face it anon, She isn't going to fight Adam because Blake will. Neo is the only other fight she lost and Neo is apparently familiar with Raven.
>>
>>94320530
Yang picks fights with everyone 'cause she thinks her semblance will carry her through.
>>
>>94320490
If anything Neo will be gunning for Ruby thinking she killed Roman so we'd get a Ruby vs Neo fight.
>>
File: 1499506668904.png (86KB, 509x216px) Image search: [Google]
1499506668904.png
86KB, 509x216px
>Neo fight
>without monty
I can't wait for her to stand still and spin her umbrella around
>>
>>94320536
I want them to focus that shit to Neo and Ruby, none of Yangs bullshit 'needing to prove herself', she can fight White Fang mooks.
>>
>>94320568
This.

Yang can just fuck off honestly. She'll probably get fucked again to some NEW ENEMY that appears out of nowhere to do something "cool".
>>
File: smol.png (34KB, 446x536px) Image search: [Google]
smol.png
34KB, 446x536px
You think Neo is sore about her height?
>>
File: 55206671_p11.jpg (174KB, 690x615px) Image search: [Google]
55206671_p11.jpg
174KB, 690x615px
>>94320691
Nah.
>>
>>94320691
Is she a missing Munchkin from Ozpin's Wizard of Oz themed group?
>>
File: 1499543319799.png (3MB, 787x940px) Image search: [Google]
1499543319799.png
3MB, 787x940px
>>94320691
she is the only cute chibi
>>
>>94320003

Yes. I do.
I'm well aware of the fact that Pyrrha completely despised Cardin for being a total bully to Jaune and that Cardin hated Pyrrha to the point of trying to get her attacked by bees.

The pairing is still humorous because of how much it upsets Arkos fags.
>>
File: Neo is cute.png (314KB, 455x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Neo is cute.png
314KB, 455x1091px
>>94320836
>>
File: 3263495-kingsizehulk00209.jpg (151KB, 611x824px) Image search: [Google]
3263495-kingsizehulk00209.jpg
151KB, 611x824px
so is neo basically just wearing a one-piece kinda deal but with pants over it?
>>
>>94320836
But Sun is the cutest chibi.
>>
>>94320836
>>94320908
the triangle patch of exposed skin really makes me want to slip my fingers over her sides
>>
File: BwsWrRVCQAAgQwK.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BwsWrRVCQAAgQwK.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
>>94320908
Yeah it's probably some sort of leotard
>>
>>94320908
the hips aren't as visible in the show see >>94315643
So a corset was the popular theory. But Chibi makes it look like a one piece
>>
>>94320955
theres just something about the combo, like the leotard is supposed to expose the luscious legs, like raven and other leotard-wearing heroes, but the pants over them basically removes said exosure. YET, theres a small window of skin at the waist that gives almost the same amount of allure as fully exposed legs

such mysteries of the female anatomy
>>
>>94320952
You'd get stabbed. Repeatedly.
>>
>>94320955
I thought it was a corset
>>
File: 20647.jpg (49KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
20647.jpg
49KB, 700x300px
*melts in your mouth*
>>
>>94321022
>chocolate
way to ruin it
>>
>>94321009
It's a bit hard to tell, might be a corset on the model, most fanart and cosplay just have it as a leotard
>>
File: 1500179392489.jpg (127KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1500179392489.jpg
127KB, 850x850px
>>94321022
It seems even just an offhand mention turns every RWBY thread in a Neo one. Impressive for a character with no lines and only a handful of scenes.
>>
>>94321049
So does she taste like actual Neapolitan
>>
>>94321049
It's because she's connected to best boy Roman
>>
>>94321067
>>
so, neo is based on napoleon right?

or is her character literally just ice cream?
>>
File: 1484518678927.jpg (109KB, 1200x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1484518678927.jpg
109KB, 1200x1127px
>>94321085
Plot twist, Roman is the one with the sweet tooth
>>
File: You_Doodle_20170124T05_10_06Z.jpg (3MB, 1854x2486px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_20170124T05_10_06Z.jpg
3MB, 1854x2486px
>this went from a rwby bashing thread to /rwbyg/
>>
>>94321127
rwby is still garbo dumpster weeb fire.

wed just really want to fuck the waifus
>>
File: certainly not neo.png (172KB, 529x458px) Image search: [Google]
certainly not neo.png
172KB, 529x458px
>>94321116
Her semblance is changing her appearance, so who knows what she actually looks like.
>>
off topic, but am i the only one who l calls it r,w,b,y and not ruby?
>>
>>94321175
is R and the wooby tones
>>
File: Dance partners.png (836KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dance partners.png
836KB, 900x1000px
>>94321116
>She's Mary Poppins.

Neo was inspired by a genderbent Roman cosplay design, Monty liked the idea of Roman having a right hand woman and bodyguard so he made Neo with the design in mind
>>
>>94321085
So her skin smells of vanilla. does her juice taste like that too
>>94321127
Trash sucks
>>
>>94321175
I call it "ruh-wuh-bee"
>>
>>94321175
I just call it ruby
>>
jaune and yang are endgame.
>>
>>94321290
Jaune and death are endgame.
>>
>>94311500
didn't Monty die.
Don't think he works on the show anymore Anon.
>>
>>94312123
sad thing is the tournament arc season was actually the best so far, season 4 looked better (kind of, it has a different aesthetic and is animated in a different program) but was a major downgrade plot-wise, fuck all happened.
>>
File: qrow coming home from the bar.webm (3MB, 720x614px) Image search: [Google]
qrow coming home from the bar.webm
3MB, 720x614px
How much longer until Qrow is killed off
>>
>>94321290
Jaune and Sun are endgame!
>>
>>94321459
add yang for full blonde threesome
>>
>>94320691

Reminder that she's 4'10 in three inch heels because Monty was an idiot.
>>
>>94311234

It's popular because:

It's made by Rooster Teeth, the makers of Red Vs Blue and some other shows like Achievement Hunters, etc.

The idea came from Monty Oum, who was popular for his Dead Fantasy and Haloid movies.

Monty Oum died. It's said that people get the most famous when they die.

RWBY has a very simple setting that is easy to get into.

It has some decent music.

Decent action.

It's the first "anime" for many kids and teens, so they have anything to compare it with.
>>
>>94312708
This. Volume 4 really showed that they need more and longer episodes because they have too many plots and characters now. Volume 5 is going to have even more characters and plot, which will make things messier.

Plus, it sucks that it takes almost 20 weeks for them to air 12 episodes because of stupid breaks. The wait is too long in-between the volumes. 12 episodes per year is creating horrible pacing.
>>
>>94310364
>really ugly looking anime-esque characters because anime looks freakish in 3d
>lots of poorly choreographed fight scenes
>shit writing
>shittier voice acting
>main character is a mary sue
it's mostly waifufaggots who praise this show. them and the people who suck RTs cock regardless
>>
>>94315776
The choreography looked a bit but. But the cinematography even more so. A problem I had with the fighting in volume 4 was that the camera was often too close, and with too many cuts, which is not good for fast fights.
>>
>>94317046
I hated that fight too. The "zipping" thing was RT trying to make RWBY more anime. Same with having flashing white lines when characters charge towards the camera.

It works for 2D anime but not for 3D.
>>
File: ursiNmx.jpg (75KB, 1333x1530px) Image search: [Google]
ursiNmx.jpg
75KB, 1333x1530px
>>94310364
It's not good.

The writing is bad as is the animation but the boys are cute.
>>
>>94318572
I hated that scene. Another "anime trope" thrown in. The laughter went on for too long. Cringe.

They could have made it a touching moment if Ruby had realized that Pyrrha used to be on the cereal package.
>>
>>94318332
Yes, in one story he is resurrected by his mother.

RT have talking about Pyrrha's mom but that was a long time ago.
>>
>>94312708
this

they tried to do the whole "chibi spinoff" thing except RWBY is nowhere near good enough to justify a non-serious version. Forget Attack on Titan, RWBY isn't even on Naruto's level
>>
>>94319706
>It's like a black guy saying he feels he's always discriminated against, while living in Africa.
...uh, do you know anything about Africa?
>>
>>94318823
While it's true that Jaune is quite tall, Ruby is really short too.
>>
>>94318754
I hated that. But it's okay to tease Bumblebee with a song, and Barbara and Arryn kissing.
>>
>>94318816
Ren and Nora were the main characters in volume 4.
>>
>>94323524
I loved Ren's redesign in 4 so i was cool with it.

The overall arch was pretty sloppy though. V4 in general felt kind of wandering and awkward.
>>
>>94319073
Ruby acts as if the ending of volume 3 never happened. The letter was good, BUT it came too late, right at the end of the volume.

Weiss' arc was way too predictable. Whitley being a false shit was something everyone realized in his first scene. They tried too hard to make us hate his father. He's just a one-dimensional character. We all knew she would escape from her family. How convenient that there was a "hidden" unlocked door in the library.

I did not like that Yang got her arm in her first scene, and then put it on in the next episode. Her recovery and training was too rushed. She's depressed, and then she's not. She has PTSD, and then she doesn't.
Ren and Nora don't seem to be mourning Pyrrha like Jaune is. But other than that I liked their part.
>>
>>94319214
>I'd still like to know what the fuck was up with her remembering a conversation between Pyrrha and Cinder that she was never there for.

Ruby either heard them even though she was very far away and moving up the tower.

Or, Pyrrha's soul, or at least a fragment of it is inside Ruby.

It's probably the first.
>>
File: tumblr_on5nu9yogt1r6qp7wo1_1280.jpg (361KB, 625x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on5nu9yogt1r6qp7wo1_1280.jpg
361KB, 625x1920px
How will the reunion between Blake and Yang go?
>>
>>94319779
>and their house, despite everyone having shitfits about how big it was, was barely the size of a larger building in the actual cities shown and was pretty goddamn barren and importantly made of wood.

Doesn't look so small and barren to me.
>>
>>94319389
you can have a family and give a shit about the world
>>94319454
how exactly is she a hypocrite
>>
>>94317174
>It's just borderline hentai. Which is sad, because Rave Master was actually good
A good childhood book dont pay the bills. Ask the guy who made Zatch Bell
>>
File: 1484935519490.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484935519490.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>94318398
No, they removed that around V3. Coincidentally, that's when the general went from making pornography to shipfaggotry.

Shame, because some of that was good pornography.
>>
>>94320836
Seriously why are the Chibis so ugly
I'd rather watch a show about that Pyrrha doll
>>
>>94323644
>Red Eyes.

Hopefully like this.
>>
File: This triggers the weeaboo.jpg (106KB, 748x710px) Image search: [Google]
This triggers the weeaboo.jpg
106KB, 748x710px
>>
File: IMG_1177.png (399KB, 577x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1177.png
399KB, 577x636px
>>94324333
Trips of truth this morning
>>
>>94324333
I dont get why anyone would be upset about it being classified as an anime or not. As if that's supposed to be some badge of quality or distinction. Unless they're referring entirely to the place where it originated but then you got shows from China coming out people are fine with admitting are anime.
>>
>>94324386
Because "anime experts" and ironic weeaboos are retarded. They're the only ones who get upset about RWBY being labeled anime.
>>
>>94324386
>>94324456

I mean RWBY will never be technically anime. It's not Japanese animation. I call it a Western Anime, because that's what style it's in. But it's just semantics.
>>
>>94324551
>I call it a Western Anime
That's retarded. Just accept that it's anime and keep it pushing. Westerners can make anime. Japanese people can make western style cartoons. International animation is the future.
>>
>>94324610
But all anime is made in Korea. Not in the U.S. anime style does not equal anime.
>>
>>94324897
Anime goes beyond art styles. Panty & Stocking has a western art style but the average western animation looks nothing like it. The animation techniques and art direction are radically different. When I look at RWBY I see anime because of its use of keyframes, the visual tone and the way fights play out. It's the same reason why I consider The Boondocks and Black Dynamite to be anime while not calling Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go anime.

Embrace the concept of international animation and stop with the figurative borders. You'll enjoy things more. At the end of the day it's all animation and labels outside of genre and demographic are near useless.
>>
>>94316252
But her boobs are down there...
>>
File: 1482277720345.jpg (256KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1482277720345.jpg
256KB, 1280x853px
>>94315381
>>
File: I like her.png (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
I like her.png
1MB, 1280x853px
>>94325403
>>
File: DFsoyvBUAAEihMO.jpg large.jpg (179KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
DFsoyvBUAAEihMO.jpg large.jpg
179KB, 1280x905px
>>
File: 8.png (521KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
521KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 9.png (505KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
505KB, 800x600px
>>94325460
>>
>>94319467
>threatened with legal action
This can't be real
>>
>>94325026
>Embrace the concept of international animation and stop with the figurative borders.

Wholly shit you are pretentious. You can't just change definitions as you see fit. Anime is defined as Japanese animation, if it isn't Japanese, it's not anime. All animation made in Japan is anime. Regardless of style. Just because you say something retarded doesn't make it true.
>>
>>94319090
He says this shit in every thread. Ignore him. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the same beta that wants to fuck his sister.

>>94325603
Cry some more.
>>
>>94325618
I love when RT sycophants/employees get this butthurt.

You wouldn't be so over the top if they weren't right. You'd just tell them to stop shitposting.
>>
>>94325587
>A company filled with amateurs and manchildren that makes its money through lazy content and the exploitation of teenage desire for inclusiveness engages in frivolous lawsuits to protect their IP.

I know, it's so shocking.
>>
>>94310364
It's got bad writing and looks really awkward at times.

This being said, I love it. I finally got around to binging Vol 4 last night and can't wait for the next one to start.
>>
>>94326423
Love it ironically, or unironically? Because if someone watches something they think has bad writing unironically, wouldn't they be frequently annoyed at how badly written it is?
>>
>>94310364
It shamelessly steals everything from late 90s too early 2000s anime. It also steals models from Skyrim, Mantacore, MMD, and Vanquish along with other games. It also encompasses every terrible anime trope there is and you can tell that it's made by people who don't watch anime anymore after Monty died
>>
>>94316531
>ironic weebs
That's it. I'm hiding every post that uses this retarded term until you fags can actually come up with a consistent definition for it cause right now, it's nothing except a buzzword that has no actual meaning.
Everyone who I ask what it means has a different fucking definition for it.
>>
>>94326830
Dude it's just weaboos who are ironic
>>
>>94326623
It's called a guilty pleasure anon.
We know it has problems but, for whatever reason we enjoy it anyways in spite of these issues.

In my case, for whatever reason the plot and characters just click with me. And the fights, while not the same as before are still leagues ahead of most animated shit I've seen, excluding of course super high budget Pixar level stuff.
>>
>>94323127
She's short and perfect
>>
>>94323520
>it's okay to tease Bumblebee with a song
Song made and added to the album by Jeff without MKs prior approval
>and Barbara and Arryn kissing.
Anon, they are not their characters
>>
>>94325403
>>94325416
The solution is Sunnybees.
>>
>>94328313
The solution is Blake staying single or Sun dying.
>>
>>94326830
The definition of "ironic weeaboo" is "anyone whose taste I don't like". Obviously.
>>
>>94310364
Having good animation on a board that likes to discussion animation is kind of a prerequisite
>>
>>94328328
Sunnybees is a better solution.
>>
>>94314548
I want season 5 to go into edgier areas, bloody violence this time around.
I always felt the bloodless violence was a thing that was symbollic of the fact the main characters were still just kids so we were seeing the world from their more naive viewpoints so everything is more colourful, more fun, more innocent, less gory. Now half the original team are adults, everyone got caught up in a whole lot of catastrophe. They're not sheltered and protected anymore. they have to wake up and face the world in all its uncompromising gory details. When Yang punches her adam jensen arm a grimm's face, I want to see a cartoony version of Mortal Kombat's xray. Not as gory or detailed but showing she doesn't play around anymore.
>>
>>94328456
>Having good animation
>prerequisite
>/co/
Why the fuck you lying
>>
>>94323644
I can't be the only one who wants Blank and Yang to be a canon couple.
>>
>>94323870
WHITA FANG-O BITES ZA SEMBLENCE
>>
>>94328607
They are the standards I come to expect from a bunch of nerds that spend their days in their basements with nothing else to do
>>
>>94325403
isn't blake like 18 now or something? What was the timeline/time skip of this series?
Also when's the mom gonna bang the monkey king guy?
>>
>>94328640
You are absolutely alone on that, Bumblebee is shit.
>>
>>94328728
>You are absolutely alone on that
>Sun self-insertfags being this delusional.

>>94328716
>What was the timeline/time skip of this series?
6-8 months.

>when's the mom gonna bang the monkey king guy?
When you kill yourself, self-insertfag.
>>
>>94328716
We don't know how much time passed during the time skip officially, they decided to drop the 6-8 month time skip and leave it open to interpretation.
>>
>>94328728
I want my yangxblake lesbians fuckin damn it!
>>
>>94328768
I would say they probably are 18 now. Wiki says she was 17 starting the first year. Second year's where the time skip follows. I'd say they could even be close to 19
>>
>>94328764
>delusional
>actually thinking I was serious
>>
>>94328773
Plenty of fanart and fanfiction for that
>>
File: IMG_4995.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4995.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>94328716
>when's the mom gonna bang the monkey king guy
Never because she is loyal to Ghira despite what the porn says
>>
>>94328572
There's no blood and gore since they have magic shields most of the time.
>>
>>94329396
We did get some minor blood and gore in V3
>>
File: V3_11_00124.png (528KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
V3_11_00124.png
528KB, 1920x1080px
>>94329431
>Gore
I'm not even sure you could call any of what happened in V3 "minor" gore.

This scene is one of my favorites out of all four volumes but the way they made Yang's chopped off arm sparkle with yellow magic shit and not drip with blood is so fucking stupid.

I'm not asking for some over the top blood bath, but I guess you gotta keep it PG, huh.
>>
>>94329583
DIdnt it start actually bleeding after it was bandaged up? I vaguely remember seeing blood on her bandaged stump
>>
>>94329689
Yeah, it did.

But the fact that it wasn't immediate is what bothers me. Took away from the reality of what just happened to her.
>>
>>94329744
Perhaps her aura somehow kept the blood in since Adam's *unsheathes katana* attack was so sudden.
>>
>>94329744
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's what >>94329861 is saying, Yang did have full aura when going against Adam, the yellow glow on her stump was likely her aura not knowing what the fuck to do other than keep Yang from bleeding out
>>
>>94329861
Probably, if that's the case then I'd let it slide. Still kinda puts me off, but that kind of reasoning isn't unbelievable.

An Aura's main purpose is to protect after all.
>>
File: tumblr_oqz6e5tqZO1ulztrro1_1280.jpg (99KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqz6e5tqZO1ulztrro1_1280.jpg
99KB, 720x900px
I hope they do more with Whitley than just have him be an antagonist to Weiss
>>
>>94330416
He'll be the LGBT character.
>>
>>94330629
I'd be cool with that
>>
>>94330416
I doubt it. Hell, I doubt he'll get much screentime at all, considering how little they've fleshed out Jacques.
>>
BECAuse it actually gained popularity in japan
>>
>>94331459
That says nothing about a show's quality and you fucking know it. Kemono Friends is one of the highest grossing anime of all time since the actual greatest anime of all time, and it's trash.
>>
>>94331421
To be fair, V4 was just one big set up volume, very little actual characterization for new characters introduced, especially for antagonists, we barely got anything interesting from Tyrian until the end.
>>
>>94331610
We didn't really get much from Jared Leto at all, really. It would be one thing if they just killed him off but apparently he's going to get more screentime.
>>
>>94331459
That just proves japan has shit taste.
>>
>>94331544
ok guys the show is not as bad as you try to make it out to be and people can like the show and not be a guilty pleasure as you guys keep saying calm down
>>
>>94331710
>its shit guys believe me
>>
>>94331763
It's a well known fact that Japan has shit taste.
>>
>>94310364
Despite it's flaws, I enjoyed volumes 1 through 3. Volume 4 is garbage though.
>>
>>94331675
I'm happy they didnt kill him off, I'm curious to see him and the rest of team WTCH's connections to Salem
>>
>>94330416
He was secretly gay and hide it from his dad and honestly wants the best for the family business. Like but Weiss arc will forever be frustrating to me.
>>
>>94328764
>6-8 months.

No they said that at first but then in another interview they basically said "some time". They don't know themselves. They are terrible writers.
>>
>>94331710
>>94331763
>>94331787
Japan has shit taste like the rest of the world

Doesnt stop the weebs from /a/ and /v/ from blindly worshippin them like a chosen race that tou hes everything into gold
>>
>>94332126
I'm almost certain that if you were to search where the term "Japan has shit taste" has been said the most on 4chan, it would be /a/.
>>
>>94330416
>The Colour nazi party reforms
>Whitley joins the party along with Papa Schnee
>Whitley in Nazi inspired uniforms.
>>
>>94332193
color nazis are a meme
>>
>>94330416
Jaune will give him a good dicking and even him out.
>>
>>94332193
>implying based Jacques is going to ever do anything wrong
The worst thing he's done is slap Weiss after she tried to murder someone. Considering that one of our main characters have slapped someone over much pettier reasons I can't really pretend he's a bad guy.
>>
>>94332211
Implying Ironwood is not gonna become more and more Fascist in his misguided attempts to protect Atlas eventually trying to ban emotional displays to prevent Grimm attacks
>>
>>94332316
Meme.
>>
>>94332268
>Le Jacques did nothing wrong meme
>>
File: 1500403958611.jpg (32KB, 547x328px) Image search: [Google]
1500403958611.jpg
32KB, 547x328px
>>94332316
I swear if they pull that card on the best written character on the show, I'll... I don't know. But it'll be scary
>>
>>94332345
We literally haven't seen him do anything too bad.

Also, name one character based on Jack Frost in all of fiction who isn't based.
>>
>>94310439
What writing, it was ok at best.

I don't understand why people who like the show have to put it on a fucking pedestal. Is there some fucking rule that says you can admit something is garbage and still like it?
>>
>>94332373
He is obviously being set up as being well intentioned but misguided in how he goes about trying to protect the kingdoms, while unwittingly playing into the villains hands
>>
>>94332499
Yeah, but there's a difference between becoming a dick head and being tricked.
>>
this will be the day you're waiting for
>>
>>94319615
>muscles mattering in RWBYverse
>>
File: 36422.jpg (55KB, 1024x581px) Image search: [Google]
36422.jpg
55KB, 1024x581px
Will Cinder talk in volume 5?
>>
>>94332648
I hope not. Nigri's grunts are the pinaccle of her career, and it's the only thing setting her apart from Zuko.
>>
>>94332648
Keep the talking to Chibi Cinder.
>>
File: 1500316045640.gif (1MB, 540x698px) Image search: [Google]
1500316045640.gif
1MB, 540x698px
>>
>>94314868
>i mean we have a (good) rwby game coming and its poplar in japan so far
>Blazblue
>Ruby cameo
>Suddenly it's RWBY's game
>>
>>94333345
>Implying its not the first step towards a proper Nip made RWBY game
>>
File: 1495848032931.gif (3MB, 660x520px) Image search: [Google]
1495848032931.gif
3MB, 660x520px
>>94333388

>Cookie face comes back from the unknown dimension
>co-directs a RWBY game with Team Ninja and Platinum
>tecmo-koei is nowhere to be seen
>>
>>94314868
>>94333388
>>94333345
>implying it's going to be good with or without RWBY

I'm honestly happy that RWBY is going to be in it because then it's not complete asset reuse poorly balanced bullshit. It'll at least have a character or two that's actually new.
>>
>>94333388
Cant deny those numbers
>>
>>94333460
>wanting Platinum to make a game based off a western property
Do the words "Legend of Korra" mean anything to you?
>>
>>94321443
>Killing one of their only pulls in the show
RT isn't that stupid.
>>
>>94333701
They killed Pyrrha. Although I wouldn't call her a "draw" except for the most dedicated watchers. (Read: shippers)
>>
File: Storm_2_US_Box_Art_PS3.jpg (383KB, 1312x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Storm_2_US_Box_Art_PS3.jpg
383KB, 1312x1500px
>>94333460
honestly feel CyberConnect2 would be a better fit for a RWBY Game
>>
>>94333502
Korra was a fine game. It wasn't DMC or Bayonetta but it's a fun game for the price. It's one of the better licensed games.

also fuck that LE PLATINUM SHOULD MAKE EVERYTHING XD meme. I love Platinum but people need to fuck off with that shit.
>>
Aw shit, this thread is still alive
>>
Is RT games basically dead? They make one shit game and then pretend it never happened?
>>
>>94333845
honestly making an action game in house was a mistake. Should just make a Visual novel for the waifufags or a turn based rpg browser game like that kinda decent Naruto online game
>>
>>94333983
Dating sim is definitely the way to go.

Red vs Blue fans would eat that shit up.
>>
>>94333983
Someone made a VN, it was shit thought, looked liked it was done with MS paint.
>>
>>94334165
>Dating sim is definitely the way to go.
>Implying RoosterTeeth knows what an actual dating sim is.
>Implying it just won't be a shitty VN with dating sim in the title like Dream Daddy.

Just go play JPDE.
>>
File: 403174.jpg (3MB, 5665x4097px) Image search: [Google]
403174.jpg
3MB, 5665x4097px
A spread in Nyantype.
>>
File: 1461709170796.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461709170796.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>94320469
>>94320490
>>94320568
>>94320687
Why did people forget about Mercury?
>>
File: 1501590560916.jpg (178KB, 625x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1501590560916.jpg
178KB, 625x1077px
>>94323644
>How will the reunion between Blake and Yang go?
anything other than this and I will be mad forever
>>
>>94334386
Maybe volume 5 will be divided between a Blake and Yang story, and a Ruby and Weiss story. Or Ruby and Yang, and Blake and Weiss.
>>
>>94332403
I figured they were going the route with the " cold hearted businessman, but deep down loves his family but doesn't know how to properly show it" type, but it seems RT is just going to make him a pure evil prick.
>>
>>94334312
nobody gives a shit about him
>>
>>94310364
pacing, consistency of episodes (some of them only 5 minutes), the moment animation overall improves is after Monty Oum dies, because they now work on a more cohesive schedule. On the flip side, no one has the chops at the moment to make those over-the-top choreographed fight animations.

Volume 5's teaser seems to be an improvement in the right direction.

Also, for the "villains", they're bland. Not even in a generic saturday morning cartoon sense. Just plain bad. They just spend most of their screen time looking menacing and not doing anything until late volume 3, and show no clear signs of motivation.
>>
File: 1499987688608.jpg (392KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499987688608.jpg
392KB, 1280x720px
Why is Chibi Cinder a better character than main series Cinder?
>>
>>94334818
Allows Nigri to actually emote and act more beyond doing a FMA's Lust impersonation.
>>
>>94332425
If something isn't perfect it's literally trash.
>>
What playstyle will Ruby have in Tag battle? Obviously Yang will be a straight up Shoto, Weiss will be a charge character with zoning priorities and Blake will be like Hibiki from blazblue with the decoy specials
>>
>>94334312
I don't know, especially because him and Neo should be the people Yang actually has beef with.

Hell, he's a perfect foil to Yang because they're complete opposites

>Gold v Silver
>Hot v Cold
>Arms v Legs
>Mommy Issues v Daddy Issues
>>
>>94326623
Yes.

No seriously, I am often annoyed at how some characters act(fucking Blake jesus christ) and am even more annoyed by the fact that the show's arcs progress at a goddamn snail's pace(which is about half due to the writers wanting to cram lolrandum moments and lame jokes into every interaction and half due to the fact that a volume of the show is anywhere from 1/2 to 1/4 the actual content of a single season of a typical anime).

But despite getting annoyed, I keep coming back, because I like it. I like the characters, even the annoying ones. I like the plot. I like the weapons and magic system that Monty came up with. I like the setting, and I especially like that RT takes the time to pander to people who like setting by inserting mini infodumps every few episodes. I like the fights; don't believe the meme that the choreography fell off, Tyrion's fight scenes were awesome. I like the casual, understated mystery in the world. I like the idea of advanced technology existing side-by-side with actual sword-and-shield. I like the waifus.

It frustrates me sometimes. Sometimes I don't like certain aspects of it. But I'll keep watching it, because overall I like it.
>>
>>94334699
Funny enough, it feels like the "villains" are already doubting if they really want to go through with this. Emerald is already getting cold feet, cinder is noticing how batshit things are getting, not sure about merc but I wouldn't be suprised he starts getting cold feet as well. Kinda cliche set ups for a redemption angle.
>>
>>94335297

Emerald had one small moment of doubt in volume 3. Nothing in volume 4.

The end of volume 4 showed that Cinder is still evil and beyond redemption.
>>
>>94335297
You mean after the fact They recorded a series of war crimes they helped cause? Mercury with an honest to goodness smile on his face. I'd be pissed if they were acting like "dindus" after that stunt.
>>
>>94335383
She got berated by Salem and when she saw scorpion doing his best doom guy impression on the grimm, she looked absolutely horrified. Idk, it gives off that impression.

>>94335483
It feels like that since emerald looked really uncomfortable most of the time she was standing with merc at the villians meetings.
>>
>>94330416
I can barely call him an antagonist, he's more like a speed-bump in her storyline.
>>
>>94334979
A no-brainer Beginning friendly like Mai. Then becomes literal cancer online.
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.