[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE! NIHILISM! LMAO how do we fix Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 45

File: roiland1.jpg (22KB, 300x386px) Image search: [Google]
roiland1.jpg
22KB, 300x386px
DUDE! NIHILISM! LMAO

how do we fix Rick and Morty
>>
>>94308693
>how do we fix Rick and Morty

Stop watching Rick and Morty
>>
Nihilism is the final red pill
>>
i like it the way it is and its okay if you dont
>>
Shitty garbage thread repeating things being said at least on 3 other threads.
How do we fix /co/ posters?
>>
>>94308693
>DUDE! LMAO
fuck off back to /tv/ with the other underage memeshitters
>>
>>94308729
>Nihilism is the final red pill
nihilism is for children that havent gotten over their existential crisis. once you get over the fact our lives dont amount to shit, you start to understand that other things in life, outside yourself, is more important.
>>
>>94308807
t. blue pilled child who thinks emotions matter
>>
>>94308764

The concept of a civil discussion is so far gone that blatant shitposting has become the norm of our discussions. If you ask serious questions, people aren't going to pay attention. If you post DUDE LMAO everyone will reply
>>
>>94308693
I kind of feel the latest episode was making fun of the DUDE NIHILISM LMAO.
>>
For somebody who's supposedly an 80 year old man, Rick doesn't really act like one
>>
>>94308807
More important in what context? Nihilism is still a reasonable viewpoint. And a pretty good source of comedy most of the time.
>>
File: 1501342671247.png (142KB, 728x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501342671247.png
142KB, 728x540px
>>94308764
We don't. /co/ has been getting way fucking worse this year, if you haven't noticed.

>WAAAH SJW SHIT
>WAAAH WHERE DA WHITE WIMMIN AT
>WAAAH DAT WHITE WOMAN IS A FEMINIST

It'd be alright if they actually had discussions, but that rarely ever happens. We either wait for the purge, or leave.
>>
Why does atheism and nihilism trigger nu-4chan so much?
>>
File: sisyphus.jpg (62KB, 433x427px) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.jpg
62KB, 433x427px
>>94308729
Not quite.
>>
>>94308693
id enjoy this show a lot more if it didnt have continuity
>>
>>94308807
>Nihilism means nothing matters
>"Nihilists are babies who don't understand things matter, because I FEEL like they do."
>>
>>94308951
Because of all the redditers and tumblrinas who think their feelings matter. Old 4chan knew everything was pointless, it's why we destroy and subvert everything.
>>
>>94309045
this is the most underage post ive ever read in my life
>>
>>94308951
Because they get intellectually insecure by it.
>>
>>94309073
>In late 20s
>anon calls you underage
Whew lad
>>
>>94309073
This
>>
>>94308693
But the nihilism is clearly Harmon's influence, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>94308951
Pure contrarianism.
>>
>>94308693
Summer collects/like guns
>>
File: 1501356126961.png (263KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
1501356126961.png
263KB, 540x309px
>>94309025
Emotions matter, feelings matter. If not then why not kill yourself?
>because life is fun and I want to enjoy it!
But life is meaningless, I thought you beleived that...?
>Nothing matters, yeah, but...
Destroyed, there are no true nihilists. You're all just posturing because you're faggots with no passion or drive to do anything.
>>
>>94309025
Technically nothing objectively matters, but things do matter in the subjective opinions of individuals.
For example, if nothing really mattered to you you would not argue your point over the internet. However, you believe that you have to express your opinion, meaning that your own opinion matters to you.
>>
>>94308693
I think we should start by-
*tears off shirt*

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!!!!

GET SCHWIFTY!!!!!

*starts twerking*

SHIT ON THE FLOOR!

/thread
>>
>>94309117
>talking about how cool and nihilistic old 4chan was with it's wicked sense of humor
>"we", being so undeveloped you have to make an anime discussion board part of yourself identity to justify the lack of accomplishment in your life
>not the mentality of a teenager
>>
File: nihilism.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>94309697
>>
>>94309117
You honestly did kind of sound like a junior higher who just discovered 4chan
I mean nobody unironically says "tumblrinas," and saying "Old 4chan knew everything was pointless, it's why we destroy and subvert everything" is just inaccurate, and makes you sound like a tryhard edgelord.
It reeks of underage posting.
>>
>>94308693
I've had enough of this, Justin.

Can you please leave and go back to twitter. Don't you have a bottle of Szechuan sauce to drink or whatever.
>>
>>94308693
DUDE! THE WORLD TOTALLY ISN'T GING TO SHIT, LIFE IS GOOD MAN! GOD IS GREAT!

when did 4chan become Pat Robertson and Fox news' image board propaganda wing?
>>
>>94308764
Use the REPORT function. I think most posters don't even realize it's a thing.
>>
>>94309847
gottem
truly,,,, ebin
>>
File: 0000saintjordan1.png (752KB, 1068x639px) Image search: [Google]
0000saintjordan1.png
752KB, 1068x639px
You nihilistic faggots need some Jordan peterson in your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-sYDf0YGv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdsVC_qR4t0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xANVWkyqiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFbWTEZx_w

Sort yourself out buckos.
>>
>>94309891
It sounds like you have a lot of uniformed opinions but are too stupid to articulate them
>>
>>94309117
>Guy thinks I sound like a 14 year old.
>Jokes on him! I'm a mentally retarded near 30 year old man child! WHEW LAD
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (404KB, 1200x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
404KB, 1200x1628px
>>94308880
>Nihilism is still a reasonable viewpoint.
It's meant to be a starting point, not an end in itself.
>>
>>94309697
You're inferring that lack of meaning makes something unenjoyable.
>>
>>94309610
This is the correct answer.
>>
>>94308880
You got the "good source of comedy" part right, but it's definitely not reasonable.
>>
>somebody creates a rick and mort nihilism lmao thread in an obvious attempt to cause dipshits to argue
>dipshits flood in, arguing uninformed opinions despite knowing that the people arguing the opposing opinion will not change it
>for some reason all of them think that one opinion is more logical than others, and it just so happens to be their own

what a time to be alive
>>
>>94310199
Welcome to 4chan
>>
wow, this place really is full of redditors
>>
>>94310199
welcome to /co/ in 2017, anon. i've been dealing with this shit in the Domino reveal threads all day. I honestly can't tell who's trolling from who has the tism anymore.
>>94310003
a belief is an opinion, yes, faggot. you can't prove your god exists anymore than i can prove he doesn't. difference is I can at least admit that.
>>
I know how to fix it. Ladies and gentlemen, Dick and More D
>>
>>94310231
and /pol/tards who are broken records repeating the same buzzwords and quips over and over and over and over and over and over and and over again.
>>
>life has no meaning says the man whose life has no meaning
Quit being a pussy and make your own meaning, and if you can't then kill yourself.
>>
>>94310288
>>94310231

honestly this.
it's a shithive.
abandon thread
>>
>>94310288
where on the doll did /pol/ touch you
>>
>>94310291
you can find your own meaning in life, dumb fuck. you don't need a god to give you meaning. if a grown adult wants to be nihilist that's their choice. you don't need to be a judgemental faggot just because you're more happy with your existence than they are.
>>
>>94310331
are you equating atheism to nihilism?
He didn't mention a god at all.
>>
>>94310324
I could literally say the same about reddit. how do you see this going? you're somehow gonna prove how you're right with memes or what?
>>94310321
yeah. I think I need a break from /co/, honestly. wait out Summer, see the tism fest passes.
>>
>>94310331
They're a hindrance on society, and instead of living a life of solitude they attempt to drag others down to their level. They should kill themselves.
>>
File: betaraybill.png (703KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
betaraybill.png
703KB, 800x494px
>>94308729
if you're a NEET, but your life usually sucks anyways so of course nothing matters to you. Once you get over that and grow up you'll start being able to find contentment again, but really living is just about wasting time until you die. Might as well try to have fun.

I leave you with some /co/ words that helped me out when I was depressed and had low confidence. Really helped me reach out to people and in turn feel less alone. We are social creatures after all.
>>
>>94310355
idk i just saw your post while scrolling, i don't care about /pol/ or reddit because i'm not a boogyman obsessed fagboy
>>
>>94308836
>Heh. You still have emotions? Pathetic.
>>
File: 1501501026097.jpg (81KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1501501026097.jpg
81KB, 480x853px
>>94310331
>anon who thinks he's a nihilist is actually a postmodernist
how embarrassing
>>
Replace Jessica as a love interest with a female version of Morty, go full hedonism.
>>
must be exhausting
>>
>>94308693
GTFO Justin
>>
>thinking life has no meaning
>>
>>94310077
But you CARE about the joy you have. you CARE about the time you're spending on earth.
>>
File: ulidoesntcareaboutanything.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ulidoesntcareaboutanything.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>94310441
damn it I forgot my image, my Big Lebowski reference is ruined!
>>
>>94308836
>I'm given a gift to both experience emotion and articulate how it makes me feel
>this is scary, so I better just shut them off
You're no better than the alcoholic or junkie that just wants to be numb.
>>
>>94310490
That doesn't mean life inherently has meaning.
>>
Why are people mixing up existentialism and nihilism?
>>
>>94310490
I'm not sure what you're trying to refute
>>
>>94310551
He didn't say that life inherently has meaning.
Also, you don't need to be a nihilist to believe that life does not inherently have meaning.

>>94310581
because secretly at least half of the people in this thread are either fucking 12 or braindead.
>>
>>94310581
because people are self-righteous retards
>>
>>94309025
The fact that nothing matters doesn't stop me from deciding to care about things, because if nothing matters then it doesn't matter that nothing matters.

This is the entire point of existentialism: if nothing matters or has any real meaning, then there are no rules, so I can care about and find meaning in whatever the hell I want. Nihilism is a bedrock foundation on which I can build any moral or value system I like. And I don't have to care that it's all made up, because so is everything, so why should I mind?
>>
>>94308951
4chan is contrarian by nature. Whatever is becoming popular or mainstream is hated for that sole reason. The only people that like popular things on this site are from Reddit or some other site and they "have to go back".

If you don't fit in you get called out for not being contrarian too.
>>
Remember, if nothing matters, then the suffering in this life is unjustifiable. Therefore killing yourself is the best choice because you'll avoid all suffering in the future.
>>
>>94308951
Because we grew up, faggot.
>>
File: nothing for ants.jpg (10KB, 170x256px) Image search: [Google]
nothing for ants.jpg
10KB, 170x256px
>>94310725
Because you're going to cause the actual apocalypse.

Nihilism leads to solipsism, which rejects the Real. The Real exists, however flawed our interpretation of it is, and is fundamental. You cannot reconcile the Real with nihilism OR solipsism, so you must either reject the possibility of the Real altogether or accept the possibility of a meaningful Real.

You will destroy thought in the process of finding yourself and the human race will be poorer for it. It's only on the other side of nihilism that you'll find true happiness.
>>
>>94310896
but nihilism is good because it makes me cool and aloof
mainstream media told me so
>>
>>94310845
Why though? It doesn't matter if I die or not if nothing matters. Why does suffering have to be justified?
You are making no sense.
>>
>>94310896
Yeah that's a crock of shit. "The Real" doesn't exist. I'm sure the human race won't sweat that I don't "find myself", whatever you define that as.
>>
>>94310958
Retard
>>
>>94310958
>Why does suffering have to be justified?
Because if it's not justified somehow, why go through with it? I suffer through bordom in class because it's justified with the knowledge I gain. I suffer through not eating whatever I want because it's justified with a healthy body. If theres no gain, why the pain?
>>
>>94311019
Nice rebuttal, you have sure convinced me.
>>
>>94310725
>so I can care about and find meaning in whatever the hell I want

Try it. Try to go out and find meaning in something insignificant. Go find meaning in a blade of grass outside.
>>
>>94311041
Theres no teaching people who can't grasp the most basic of concepts.
>>
>>94311057
Grass feeds wild life
Bam, meaning.
>>
>>94311032
Are you saying if there's no meaning there's no "gain"? I think the fact that a state of non-suffering justifies suffering, you have said it yourself. What different does it make if there's an objective meaning behind it or not?
>>94311094
Perhaps you should be the one to kill yourself.
>>
>>94308906
>>94308852
I miss pre-MLP:FiM /co/, anons
>>
>>94308693
Get outta here Roiland
>>
>>94311128
Not the same thing. Are you going to weep over the grass like you would your child?
>>
>>94311184
it's still meaning though.
You said for him to find meaning for the grass, not for him to care about the grass.
>>
File: Nietzsche.gif (1MB, 1274x955px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.gif
1MB, 1274x955px
>>94311016
>"The Real" doesn't exist.
It does, though. Your existence is testament to the objective reality we occupy. Your blood and bones and cells and the light bouncing through your corneas and the electricity firing through your neurons to comprehend what you see aren't social constructs. We do not narrate the universe into being, and to suggest so is bog standard vanity.

Nihilism is the start of progress, but it is not the end in and of itself.
>>
>>94308693
You don't because your stupid ass won't create something better.
>>
>>94310855
>because my personal philosphy changed over time due to individual circumstances in my life that means all alternative philosphy is objectively wrong
>>
>>94310855
So basically all of the atheists on 4chan grew up and became whiny christfags or whiny pseudo-philosophers.

lol
>>
>>94311140
>a state of non-suffering justifies suffering

So the times between beatings justifies the rest of the time in the prison? You need to answer the fundamental question: Why havent you killed yourself yet?

Loads of people have felt the prospect of continuing this life of suffering is not worth it, and killed themselves. Why were they wrong?
>>
>>94311206
No, comprehending something isn't the same thing as finding something meaningful. I can understand an asteroid out in space, but it doesn't matter one bit to me.
>>
>>94311184
You didnt ask me to care, just to find meaning.
>>
>>94311305
he's not saying he understands the grass, he's explaining why it's there and what its existence means.
One purpose for the grass to exist is for it to feed wildlife, among other things.
>>
>>94311322
What do you think the difference is? Because they are the same thing.
>>
>>94311305
Maybe not to you, but an astronomer could.
Its all about perspective.
>>
>>94308693
Are people prerending last episode was good?
Because it wasn't
It was like this fucking thread , stupid kids trying to sound smart
>>
>>94311349
No, they definitely are not
>>
>>94311349
caring about something and deriving the purpose of something are definitely not the same thing.
Also, the reason why this applies to the nihilism argument is because people keep confusing nothing objectively mattering with nobody's subjective opinions mattering.
>>
>>94311207
>Your blood and bones and cells and the light bouncing through your corneas and the electricity firing through your neurons to comprehend what you see aren't social constructs
Although social construct has become a buzzword, they most certainly are. The understanding of these concepts are continuously altered through failures in human perception, through human language, and ultimately through cultural development that constructed these systems we see as objective reality.
The idea of light bouncing through a cornea, for instance, and even the word concept of light or of a cornea, has only come about through a specific series of technological, historical, and cultural developments that alter how we store our "objective" data. Information, first diluted as the human mind can only perceive a certain spectrum of information, is altered, stored, recalled, and transmitted in the form of language, which itself has severe limitations in accuracy. It is through this human language, which mind you also developed through human filters, that we perceive and relate the "objective" reality. Reality as we know it is an entirely subjective human experience.
Look back 200 years in time and the "objective reality" was much, much different than ours today, and you expect me to believe we do not "narrate the universe into being"?
Please stop using Nietzche to avatarfag if you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
File: 1475004673214.jpg (47KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475004673214.jpg
47KB, 426x640px
>>94309045
>we used to be EPIC DESTROYERS OF WORLDS XDDDD
>WE DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT CHAOS AND DARKNESS LOL XD

why are you getting nostalgic about being a fucking autist?
>>
There's no real reason to fix it. It's made clear enough that Rick's nihilism an misanthropy is a source of suffering for him, and not something to be emulated. For all his intelligence and cunning, he lacks the wisdom of a person who might have much less of the those things than him (which is most people in the setting's galaxy).

It would benefit /co/ (and people in general) to understand, that just because a character spouts an ideology, does not mean that the creators of the work agree with that ideology. Even if that is the case, it doesn't mean the creator agrees with it to the same extent that the character does, to the extent that they don't consider any other alternative.
>>
>>94311265
>implying that's not the case
>>
>>94308868
Was this confirmed? He's more in his late 60s if anything judging by Summer and Morty's age.
>>
>>94311267
>So the times between beatings justifies the rest of the time in the prison?
Yes.
>Loads of people have felt the prospect of continuing this life of suffering is not worth it, and killed themselves. Why were they wrong?
They were wrong for me. I am happy with my current life, and in times of duress I don't feel like that suffering will continue very long. Suicide probably made sense to them. Why must I justify what others do? I am not them, there's no reason I must form a consensus.
Why are you so butthurt?
>>
There's nothing wrong with being religious. Fuck outta here with this "Everyone must think the world is pointless like me" bullshit.
>>
If you want a fixed R&M watch The Venture Bros.
>>
>>94311429
>nostalgic
Not him but not only 4chan is still that stupid "WE ARE LEGION EPIC DESTROYERS OF WORLDS" but it has progressively gotten worse. /pol/ made a new meme religion and managed to get the attention of actual government employers and leaders.

It can't be "nostalgia" when if anything everyone here has double downed on their shit.
>>
>>94311521
this.
>>
>>94311265
Don't know why your laughing, what you typed was more of a fact than a joke.
>>
god fucking damn
okay, let me sum it up
nothing is objectively correct.
Arguing that objectively everything is meaningless or objectively there is a meaning to life is flawed because that is your subjective opinion.
You retards are still just saying the same stupid shit to each other despite not knowing what you're talking about, and this thread should have died hours ago.
>>
>>94308693
The science fiction stuff would be fun if it wasn't for the faggy cynicism.
>>
>>94311262
>big words
Fuck off egghead.
>>
>>94311265
If youre still an atheist after 16, there is a very high chance you have aspergers
>>
File: friedrich.png (155KB, 321x470px) Image search: [Google]
friedrich.png
155KB, 321x470px
>this thread is still going
thanks guys
>>
>>94311586
>nothing is objectively correct.
This is objectively wrong
>>
>>94311521
Who are you even responding to here?
>>
>>94311664
I will once you return me the chaos emeralds
>>
>>94311586
Why are you so mad dude?
Its just a discussion
>>
>>94311437
I was implying that, I was straight-up saying that is exactly the case.
>>
File: CrtfdUnW8AAnw3C.jpg (34KB, 385x487px) Image search: [Google]
CrtfdUnW8AAnw3C.jpg
34KB, 385x487px
>>94311693
YOU MEAN THESE?
>>
>>94311586
>getting this made at others subjective interpretations of the world
haha bro chill out
>>
File: 1499033226807.jpg (60KB, 535x479px) Image search: [Google]
1499033226807.jpg
60KB, 535x479px
>>94311685
How do you figure that?
>>
Remember when we use to talk about comic books and cartoons here?
No? That's probably because you're all fucking twelve year olds.
>>
>>94311692
It's a general statement made in response to all the wannabe nihilists that think we should all be as despondent as them.
>>
File: Angry_eggman.jpg (49KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Angry_eggman.jpg
49KB, 800x600px
>>94311793
You pesky hedgehog! Those emeralds are the only alternate philosophy that is objectively true!
>>
>>94311813
I'm not mad at other peoples interpretations, I'm mad that these people keep arguing that their interpretation is better than others or somehow more true.
>>
muh spook
>>
>>94311834
>one offtopic thread and the board is crumbling around you
pointing out that there is few more than one isn't an argument
>>
>>94311829
Name one aspie you know off that isnt an atheist.
>>
>>94311898
the great and late Jack Chic
>>
This: >>94310372
Is the right response to this: >>94308729

The problem isn't that life is meaningless. The problem is that YOUR life is meaningless. Get a hobby, get off of 4chan, and find out what it feels like to kiss a girl.
>>
>>94311849
Why wouldn't someone think their interpretation is correct and try and defend it? You'd have to be a real loser to let someone shit all over your ideas and do nothing.
>>
>>94311924
who
>>
>>94311926
I kissed your mom
>>
>>94311936
why would somebody think their interpretation is correct?
it's an opinion, there isn't any "correct" philosophy.
>>
>>94311924
Did he have aspergers?
I feel like youre fibbing anon.
>>
Are we still on this? Why does christian contrarians can't grasp that concept that lack of meaning does not invalidate living?
Stop post hocing, stupids.
>>
>>94311936
BUT MAN, NIHILISM! NOTHING MATTERS, YOU CAN SHIT IN ME, YOU CAN FEED ME YOUR POOP, I DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT MYSELF, OR ANYTHING IN A WORLD, NOTHING MATTERS ANYWAY, AM I RIGHT?
>>
>>94311898
CWC
>>
>>94311964
He said a girl, anon.
>>
>ITT: people who clearly don't understand nihilism
Just because life doesn't have any intrinsic meaning doesn't mean that life can't have meaning. Just because water isn't inherently hot doesn't mean it can't be warm.
>>
>>94311987
Everything has meaning.
And there isn't anything you can do about it faggot.
>>
>>94311973
Why would they hold that opinion if they didn't think it was correct?
>>
>>94312015
What an awful analogy
Make a food analogy, then ill get it.
>>
>>94312029
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA was that you being tough? Holy shit
>>
>>94311975
I probably am; I didn't know you were speaking in the literal sense. I would definitely call Jack Chick an aspie or an autist though.
>>
>>94312008
>implying kissing a girl/having sex is a therapy that would change your life
You know dude, I were in r/rickandmorty 's discord channel and they said the same shit to me, then I criticized their subreddit. And then they ban me. That a bunch of fucking brainwashed weirdos.
>>
>>94311898
ChristianU2ber
>>
>>94312064
>perceiving emotion through text
>incorrectly at that
You really need to go outside.
>>
>>94312063
Just because milk isn't inherently hot doesn't mean it can't be warm.
>>
>>94312036
Because they derived it from their personal preferences.
I prefer the color purple to yellow. I'm not going to argue that purple is better than yellow because it isn't, it's subjective, it's an opinion, and so is philosophy.
Opinions aren't correct or false, they're just based on how you perceive things. No philosophy is truer than another, since they're all just different ways of looking at life.
>>
>>94312116
>milk is a food
>>
>>94312082
>Leddit
>Discord
Leave
>>
File: nietzsche.jpg (126KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
126KB, 384x480px
>>94311428
>they most certainly are
No they are not, because
>The understanding of these concepts

My understanding and the existence of those things are not co-dependent.

We both acknowledge that what we see and understand as objective reality is not equivalent to what is Real, the only difference is you resort to the childish notion that because it is difficult to perceive the Real, it doesn't exist in the first place.

I will continue to use Nietzsche to avatarfag, as he predicted your ilk.
>>
>>94308693
Get brainlets to stop being upset at the point of view of fictional characters
>>
>>94312015
That's stupid. Life without faith isn't worth living.
>>
>>94312116
Milk is not food
>>
>>94312029
Does it, now?
First things first. Can you prove anything outside of yourself exists?
>>
>>94312132
>>94312158
just because potatoes aren't inherently hot doesn't mean they can't be warm?
>>
>>94312174
>food analogy
>>
>>94312141
That's literally the most unrealistic option, try again.
>>
>>94311265
>So basically all of the atheists on 4chan grew up and became whiny christfags
That's the thing though, literally no one is Christian, you just somehow think we are just because we stopped blaming all of humanities problems on le magic sky daddeh like an edgy teenager rebelling against his conservative parents.
>inb4 '''''''''we''''''''
Yeah, whatever. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>94312166
I can touch it
Boom, it real.
Put down the textbook and pick up a football sometime, poindexter.
>>
>>94312143
Depending on your definition of faith, you can still have faith in things despite being a nihilist
>>
>>94312139
>We both acknowledge that what we see and understand as objective reality is not equivalent to what is Real
>because it is difficult to perceive the Real, it doesn't exist in the first place.
If you agree with me that human understanding is inherently flawed, and information essentially altered through various human factors, then you must agree with me that it is not only difficult to perceive "the real", it is impossible for a human being to comprehend. Then it is essentially the exact same as not being real; as our objective reality is defined through human experience, how can there be said to be "The Real"? How would this suddenly change the way a human lives?
I would still contend that there is no "Real", and that what we perceive is void. That which we experience is constantly shifting, fragmentary, and fleeting. Nothingness is the essential nature of all things; it is from whence we came and to which we will someday return. Even our modern science is starting to postulate this. That is my current opinion on the matter.
Again please stop using Nietzsche, as you are deviating from his ideas and lack his overall persuasiveness.
>>
>>94312404
>I would still contend that there is no "Real", and that what we perceive is void.
I don't even get what your point is right now, like what position do you even hold?
>>
>>94312128
>no philosophy is truer than the other
>my own experiences tell me this is correct so pls don't argue with my objectivity
>>
>>94312482
I'm just having some banter, lad.
>>
>>94308836
You remind me of one of those progressive feminist indie game developers that think that games aren't supposed to be fun.
>>
>>94312498
honestly you can argue against what I believe if you want, I didn't say that what I believe is objectively correct and I never said that it was.
I'm saying that I believe that everybody has their own opinion and deserves to have it, you don't have to share my opinion and I don't have to share yours.
>>
>>94308693
We don't, it's good and different.

There's no other show like it.
>>
>>94310896
You could not sound more retarded. Solipsism is retarded and nihilism is for beta man-children who are afraid of responsiblity.
>>
>>94312549
>come into the thread made people disagree with you
>"whatever it's just my opinion"
>>
>>94312726
My post was literally about that though?
it was about the fact that people in this thread seem incapable of discerning opinion from objective reality, and are arguing that what they believe is objectively true instead of just explaining why they believe that they do.
You're just further proving my point by assuming that I was arguing an objective truth.
>>
>>94312785
>why they believe that they do
*what they do
I fucked up there
>>
>>94311207
But humans have no purpose and weren't meant to exist, same with life in general. Your idea is worthless.

>nihilism is the start of progress
...but nothing has ever mattered in all of humanity because of what I just stated. You're literally taking philosophy from a guy suffering from psychosis due to the STDs he caught lmao.

"Oh I'm going to cure these diseases with my nihilism, oh I'm going to solve these problems with my nihilism" but of course you won't, someone else will who actually believes in things. You'll just shitpost on /co/ like you do everyday you fucking fag.
>>
>>94309972
Reminder to ignore pseudo-intellectual internet memes like Jordan Peterson.
>>
File: young nothing.jpg (12KB, 170x227px) Image search: [Google]
young nothing.jpg
12KB, 170x227px
>>94312404
>lack his overall persuasiveness.
I wasn't trying to emulate him, but whatever you say.

>Lacking the ability to perceive "Real" is essentially the exact same as not being real
Because some people are blind, light doesn't exist.That is your position. It's not true, of course, but that's the allure of solipsistic nihilism.

I am not deviating from any of Nietzsche's ideas on the uselessness and ultimate destructive nature of nihilism. That my use of his image triggers you so is confusing - if reality is solipsism, is my interpretation of Nietzsche ultimately equivalent to your own?
>>
>>94308693
>every episode is now low effort like the purgue was or worse
YOU DID THIS /co/
>>
>>94312935
>Because some people are blind, light doesn't exist.That is your position.
That is not my position. It would be more like "if all people are blind, we would have no way of knowing whether or not light exists so what's the point?". Implying that "Real" can be understood, and yet human understanding is limited to our perception, is either a gross vanity on the part of humans, or a severe underestimate of truth. If it was real, how would it have any impact on how man lives his life? If it is not practical, who cares?
In any case, you have done nothing to convince me that this "Real" exists other than state that because of existence, some higher truth must exist. It is much more plausible to me that nothing exists, and my experience with existence has convinced me of this. I am no more destructive than the next gent, and how less so than those completely convinced of some higher meaning, that kill for said meaning.
If you don't mind using Nietzsche without some sort of connection, then allow me to as well.
Solipsism would imply that I believe my mind exists, which would make my thoughts inconsistent if I claimed that to be so, which I never have.
>>
>>94309117
>In late 20s
>Type posts sounding like a thirteen year old who just got on the computer after watching Invader Zim
>>
File: nihilism.jpg (318KB, 1024x360px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.jpg
318KB, 1024x360px
>>94309847
FTFY
>>
>>94310199
I'd rather read an argument thread than one of the countless waifu threads plaguing this board.
>>
File: classy nothing.jpg (23KB, 353x450px) Image search: [Google]
classy nothing.jpg
23KB, 353x450px
>>94313268
>That is not my position.
It is, though. You've swapped from existence to caring about existence. I don't care about existence, but I know it exists. Caring and being, like blindness and light, are not co-dependent. You may not care that you exist, but you do. You may not be able to see me through the Internet, but I exist.

This childish solipsism you maintain is the result of, you guessed it, nihilism. And you never answered my question regardless - why is my position any different from your own given that, in your view, all things reduce down to nothingness? Why are we both not, in fact, the same person arguing against one another?

In other words, how do you know I'm not you arguing with yourself online?

Why does Nietzsche trigger you so, anon? Would you like to talk about it?
>>
File: 1495325038742.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1495325038742.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>94310372
Wish someone like this would just show up and destroy the false merit Dan's (Rick's) slow suicide by drinking and selfish nihilism.

Not even a fight or anything just turn the kids on that old man. After all, Dan should write what he knows...
>>
>>94312404
If we can't use our senses and mental abilities to accomplish any kind of real understanding of reality because they're fundamentally flawed, then does it really matter? What else do we have that we can use? Might as well keep on trucking with what we have, rather than get anxious over the potential for it all being unknowable. It's likely that we don't have an accurate representation due to the limitations of our sensory input, but we can continue to strive to get closer. The limit of knowledge will not approach infinite if the function of obtaining knowledge is not continuous.
>>
File: 1470800878244.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470800878244.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>94313689
nihilism is more like this
>>
>>94310940
>tfw you were a nihilist before reddit and memey
>>
>>94314124
no but trust me they're real nihilists and also really cool and they don't care about anything even if they actually do because all you have to do to be a nihilist is just say nothing matters
they're just really cool trust me
>>
>>94310940
>cool and aloof
NIHILISTS STILL CARE ABOUT STUFFF
>>
Isn't Nihilism kind of an ironically optimistic worldview? Nothing matters right? So why not make something matter, work to make life better for people and make people happy, make your own light in the darkness.
>>
>>94314202
>Isn't Nihilism kind of an ironically optimistic worldview
nothing ironic about it, if nothing inherently matters, whatever you think matters; matters a lot to you
>>
>>94308693
At this point I am only watching to see if Jerry gets thrown a bone or if the show will keep Jerry a loser to preserve the shitty status quo.
>>
>>94314202
>Isn't Nihilism kind of an ironically optimistic worldview?
No.
It's a genocidist worldview.
>>
>>94314228
Please calm down.
>>
File: plato.jpg (18KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
18KB, 306x450px
>>94314273
I am calm.
>>
File: akustic songs.gif (46KB, 450x411px) Image search: [Google]
akustic songs.gif
46KB, 450x411px
>>94308693
What is it about this show, that makes /pol/ so butthurt.
Not even Steven Universe could garner so much hate, despite /pol/'s ongoing war with lesbians. The power of waifus, I guess.
>>
>>94313934
>Caring and being, like blindness and light, are not co-dependent.
Blindness is not lack of care. Most blind men would not choose to be blind. Caring implies perception and the ability to perceive. Existence is tied to consciousness, and the two are most certainly co-dependent.
>You may not care that you exist, but you do
I don't. I exist as much as anything exists, which is not at all. Consciousness and existence form one another, form and void form one another, but ultimately there is nothing.
> You may not be able to see me through the Internet, but I exist.
This is only if I accept the current constructed understanding of our reality. I could, for convenience because, it really doesn't matter if you do or do not exist, and I just as easily could not. The only evidence I have for your existence is your own assurance.
>In other words, how do you know I'm not you arguing with yourself online?
I don't. In a few hours I will have probably forgotten about this conversation, in which case it makes no difference. You and me have never existed in the first place. However, it is practical for me to assume that you are another person for argumentative purposes.
>childish solipsism you maintain
Please look up solipsism, because I have already denied it.
>Why does Nietzsche trigger you so, anon?
I have nothing against Nietzche, but I find that underage avatarfags like to twiddle their dicks to him as if he were Christ's second coming.
I fail to see your point now. Have you given up on the argument?
>>94314111
>If we can't use our senses and mental abilities to accomplish any kind of real understanding of reality because they're fundamentally flawed, then does it really matter?
This is my point exactly.
>but we can continue to strive to get closer.
This however is a waste of time and isn't practical. I highly doubt anything productive will come out of it.\
>>
>my shitposts are my only threads that gain traction
kill me
>>
File: It's_all_downhill_from_here.png (261KB, 453x381px) Image search: [Google]
It's_all_downhill_from_here.png
261KB, 453x381px
Will Dan Harmon ever make something as good as season 2 of Community again? I like Rick and Morty but I think it's lacking a good cast of characters and some episodes here and there are just kind of duds.
>>
>>94311158
I miss "/co/ is love" /co/.
>>
>>94314415
>Most blind men would not choose to be blind
Not according to you. What are they missing? After all, their lack of sight means that sight doesn't exist and isn't practical to pursue.
>I don't.
Come now, you childish twat. Leave this solipsistic nonsense at the door.

You honestly don't know that you aren't two separate people arguing online at the same time in the same space?

>The only evidence I have for your existence is your own assurance.
...no, anon, you don't, because you keep replying. That you keep replying, and that you admit you dos o for "argumentative purposes" indicates that you do acknowledge the existence of several things.

You acknowledge the existence of the argument. You acknowledge the existence of non-existence. You acknowledge the existence of consciousness (which, by the way, is not co-dependent to existence. Reality doesn't collapse when a human being falls asleep.)

You acknowledge the existence of time.

You acknowledge these things exist because you incorporate them into your argumentation and use them as the basis for your thought process.

I haven't given up on the argument at all, anon. I'm merely asking you to try and approach the argument, not retreat into childish fantasies.
>>
>>94311265
>So basically all of the atheists on 4chan grew up and became whiny christfags or whiny pseudo-philosophers.
>
>lol

And you became a patently stupid prejudiced lackwit. At least they have an ethos.
>>
>>94308807
But that's what proper nihilism basically is

not 'durr nobody matter i treate you like shit'
but 'nobody matter therefore treat people good in little time they have'

it's like how some people are baffled as to how you can be moral without religion in your life, because it's the right thing
>>
>>94311206
>it's still meaning though.
>You said for him to find meaning for the grass, not for him to care about the gra

You're confusing meaning with purpose. They're not one and the same.
>>
File: 1467777012584.jpg (95KB, 495x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467777012584.jpg
95KB, 495x640px
>>94308729
>>94311926
>>94312082
You're looking at nihilism the wrong way, guys
If nothing in life matters, then it doesn't matter that nothing matters
If you truly believe that there's no point to life then try to experience as much as you can, because fuck it, it doesn't matter either way, so why not?
>>
>>94314773
If nothing matters what is the point of treating people good?
>>
>>94308693
>>94308729

The people who see Rick & Morty and think it promotes nihilism are retarded and didn't actually pay attention, fans and detractors alike.

The whole fucking point is Rick's nihilism makes him a miserable suicidal alcoholic asshole. Whereas Morty's "we're all gonna die, come watch tv" is ultimately more mature and mentally healthy, allowing him to cope however wearily with the insanity he's confronted with.

R&M has alot of issues but its biggest problem is retarded fans.
>>
>>94314559
triggered, mate?
There you go using that solipsism again. Is that the latest buzzword?
>You honestly don't know that you aren't two separate people arguing online at the same time in the same space?
Yes. As I explained to you, I could say you were a separate person for convenience, but doing so implies accepting a certain understanding of reality. I have no definite knowledge that you exist outside this one experience, or that I even do. And indeed, this exchange will soon fade into nothingness from where it came from.
>That you keep replying, and that you admit you dos o for "argumentative purposes" indicates that you do acknowledge the existence of several things.
As I said, form and void are born from one another. The "existence", the experience of this argument, came from the void and will quickly return there. Its very existence, which only for practical purposes I carry on as if it exists, will be gone in a brief moment. There is no difference if it existed or did not.
>You acknowledge the existence of consciousness
I did not. Existence is co-dependent of consciousness. If there is no existence, there is no consciousness.It's illusory and fleeting. That is the co-dependence of all things. Think of two sticks resting upon one another; without one, the other falls.
>Reality doesn't collapse when a human being falls asleep.
For that being, yes it most certainly does. As we perceive it, reality is much like a dream. Born of nothing, returning to nothing just as quickly, and seemingly real. To the person dreaming that dream is very real, and is their reality.
>You acknowledge these things exist because you incorporate them into your argumentation and use them as the basis for your thought process.
Given a month, and I will be thinking something entirely different. I might not even remember my current thoughts. They will drift away, but I act upon them as if they were real because there is no functional difference.
>>
File: Summer and Morty.webm (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Summer and Morty.webm
190KB, 1920x1080px
*BUUUURP*
>>
>>94313804
you'd rather scream at your own ass than to cause your level of endorphins to rise by popping a sweet erection at the sight of your waifu?
>>
>>94314691
>At least they have an ethos.
Being obnoxious?
>>
>>94314116
Granny's peach tea
>>
>>94314929
Witnessed.
>>
>>94314872
>Triggered, mate?
A bit, yes. Incredulous would be the better term.

>Convenience
Why is it convenient? As opposed to what?
>As I said, form and void are born from one another
They are diametrically opposed and have nothing to do with one another, anon. And again, you cite "practical purposes" without defining what those are. Practicality and convenience both rely on the existence of impracticality and inconvenience - what would those situations look like?
>I did not.
You did and you continue to do so. Existence is not the co-dependent of consciousness, and to say so is to claim that reality exists only because humanity does. It's an arrogant and childish position.

>For that being, yes it most certainly does.
Which is why I said reality, not what that being perceives. The Real does not implode based on the actions of one or more beings. It persists regardless of your ability to perceive or interact with it.

>They will drift away, but I act upon them as if they were real because there is no functional difference.
There is an enormous functional difference between non-existence and existence.

At this point I'm convinced you're quoting from some New Age textbook and are maintaining opposition for contrarian purposes. Solipsism isn't a buzzword any more than Nietzsche was my avatar - they were merely things that triggered you for some strange reason. Likely because they both defined you and your kind, and the concept of definition and realness offends you.

I have to go to sleep, but I appreciate the conversation. I've learned a lot about solipsism and how pervasive it is within those who adhere to it, and more about those who employ nihilism as an antidote for an inability to accept the Real. If anything, my love of Nietzsche and the prescience of his work has only increased. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: 1487272442133.jpg (27KB, 651x546px) Image search: [Google]
1487272442133.jpg
27KB, 651x546px
EVERY
THREAD
>>
>>94314853
I guess it's less like nothing matters and more like on a grand cosmic scheme of things nothing a human does will probably ever matter- but that's okay, and we can look for things to find purpose in on a human level like doing right by others and trying to make a world where humans don't hurt each other on a daily basis. Not wanting to be hurt and having empathy for others are things (most) humans possess, anyway.
>>
What a goddamn awful thread.
>>94315142
I don't oppose your opinion and you sound insufferable.
>>
>>94308693
Fix your own fucking show Justin.
>>
>>94315142
>Why is it convenient? As opposed to what?
>Practicality and convenience both rely on the existence of impracticality and inconvenience
The term relies on value judgements, which are not objective. One can still keep value or meaning in things, despite knowing they are empty. I am not some drone who stares at brick walls.
>They are diametrically opposed and have nothing to do with one another
That is a false dichotomy. They have very much to do with each other. Think of virtual particles, if the analogy helps you; nothingness gives into form, which gives back to nothingness. We can say a dream is not real, and yet in the dream we believe they are very real.
>Existence is not the co-dependent of consciousness
That, again, implies a certain understanding of the universe, which relies on consciousness to formulate and perceive. Without one there cannot be the experience of the other. They are very much the same.
>Which is why I said reality, not what that being perceives.
What that being perceives and thinks about said perception constitutes their reality. You have yet to define and defend "The Real", which so far is something that cannot be perceived or felt by humans but must be acknowledged for some reason.
>The Real does not implode based on the actions of one or more being
I would argue it does, as we agreed our "objective" reality is based on historical, technological and cultural developments. Any progress in these fields essentially alters The Real for those who accept said change.
> Solipsism isn't a buzzword any more than Nietzsche was my avatar - they were merely things that triggered you for some strange reason
Solipsism is the belief that only the mind surely exists. I already said that the mind doesn't exist. I was perturbed because you used them incorrectly in this instance.
>I have to go to sleep, but I appreciate the conversation.
Yeah, I gotta go as well. All in all, I was just having a cheeky wank with ya.
Goodnight, lad.
>>
>>94308729
Nihilism is the trap before actual philosophical growth. It's the plateau in a work out before real intense gains. Many people stop and determine that nihilism is 'it' but they are the weaker among us.
Everyone needs to touch on nihilism in order to exceed it. The trick is not to get stuck.

Also, justin isn't a nihilist and the only REAL nihilist themes in the show were in the previous episode and they were played to comic effect having replaced the value of love. Fucking idiots.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (537KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
537KB, 1280x720px
>>94308807
>scared little bitchboi runs back to ideology after his crisis
You're weak
>>
>>94315208
>no images of fedoras
>ctrl+f: fedora
>0 results

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1501096866265.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501096866265.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>94308906
It's more like

>WAAAH ALT RIGHT SHIT
>WAAAH WHERE DA BLACKED MEN AT
>WAAAH DAT FELLOW MINORITY ISN'T A FEMINIST

Anti-pc fags aren't the problem with /co/. That's how the site has always been. /co/mblr is the real growing issue
>>
>>94308836
>t. coldsteel the hedgehog
>>
>>94314862
This. I got into an argument with a guy irl because he was idolizing Rick and got mad when I told him he couldn't see how painfully obvious it is that Rick is riddled with faults and many of his problems are his own fault.
The show falls flat on the commentary because the audience doesn't grasp that you shouldn't like Rick, and I believe the writers don't have the balls to spell it out to the audience because there'd likely be backlash online.
But for all I know it's all one big joke and they masturbate while thinking how they've duped so many people.
>>
>>94316073
>and I believe the writers don't have the balls to spell it out to the audience

I don't think that necessary for the writers to do. There will always be people who "misinterpret" your work.
>>
>>94311016
>Reality doesn't exist

I dare you to find a single sentence that better signifies that you're detached from reality
>>
>>94314157
I was literally memeing to make fun of people like >>94309847 who are literally just kids that say they're nihilist because they think it makes them cool
>>
>>94316151
It's astounding how it appears that more people misinterpret it than interpret it correctly.
It's as if this show could be used in a study that proves people will like anybody as long as they're the main character.
If the show was from Jerry's perspective and he was less of a pussy I'm sure everyone would think Rick was a cunt and would like to see him face his consequences.
>>
>>94308729
Actual red pill is that we are machines that have been programmed for millions of years and we work as intended
We are supposed to mature and develop and once you really are an adult and I mean fully an adult at some point in your early twenties you will crave work and productivity because that's what nature intended for you and once you are in your early 30s you will crave a family and once women hit the wall they will leave you because they are no longer able to become mother's so their body's tell you they don't need a husband and then you work and then you get tired and still work and then you enter old age and your environment affects you the same way it affects a child and you better have lived a good life and you better have met some people who care about you otherwise you are going to face a couple miserable decades before you die
And it's no joke, loneliness kills old people
>>
>>94311428
You know you could have summed up your entire paragraph there by just saying "I don't know shit because I'm a dumbass, that means nothing is real durr". Or you could have just taken a dump on whatever science class paper you have due for school next week
>>
>>94316298
>I disagree with this opinion
>ad hominem must be the best way to refute it
you see the hypocrisy, right?
at least the anon you're replying to actually had an argument, and proved that he was more knowledgeable than you on such matters.
>>
>>94315920
except the first one I don't think I've heard anything close to any of those things said non-ironically here ever
>>
>>94313268
>"if all people are blind, we would have no way of knowing whether or not light exists so what's the point?"

Humans could still discover the existence of light particles regardless of whether they are blind or not. Knowing that light exist can also help further are understanding of the rest of the universe. Even your own analogy fails to hold up. Your entire argument reeks of defeatism and intellectual bankruptcy
>>
>>94316267

I think it's more that people want to think of themselves as misunderstood geniuses. You don't want to be an average guy.

I'm not sure this would change if the show were from Jerry's perspective. Like you obviously weren't supposed to idolize TDK's Joker, but there were still people who thought he was the coolest guy and identified with him more than Batman.
>>
>>94316506
I honestly like Jerry
I feel bad for him and want him to just get a happy ending
>>
>>94309847
I wonder if I'll figure out whether this image was ever used sincerely before I finally die.
>>
>>94316557
My prediction
>Jerry moves on
>finds a girl that's more attractive than Beth and better in every way
>Beth tries to get him back
>Jerry very calmly and respectfully declines
>Beth loses her shit and goes on an adventure with Rick
>>
>>94316352
According to you (yes I refuse to believe that there are more than one person who is this mentally detached from reality) my opinion means as much and as little as your own. By your own logic this shouldn't matter
>>
>>94316374
I could say the same thing for the post it was replying too
>>
>>94316666
But that literally wasn't my logic, and it wasn't my argument.
Whoever made it obviously thought their point out, you just replied with xdddd yeah but ur dumb tho ahah idiopt.
Even after I asked you about your opinion, you refuse to state it.
You are literally less informed than whoever wrote the paragraph you replied to, and it shows.
>>
File: 1501289183588.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1501289183588.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>94308951
>It's another "newfag pretends to know about nu-4chan" episode
>>
>>94309000
I'd enjoy it if it either had a lot more or a lot less continuity. The entire galaxy just collapsed and countless Ricks are dead and they'll probably just be back to normal next time we see them, just like how Earth is back to normal a week after the aliens leave. Evil Morty will never appear again despite being set up as a cliffhanger.
>>
>>94310372
why does this dude have a horse face?
>>
File: hostilediamond.png (225KB, 451x564px) Image search: [Google]
hostilediamond.png
225KB, 451x564px
philosophy is just masturbation exalted up to a purely human level. apes diddle their buttholes. turkeys fuck stumps. dolphins penetrate blowholes. humans discuss philosophy. go have an an actual experience
>>
>>94317086
this, but unironically
>>
>>94317086
WOW DUDE LIKE SO REAL
THINKING IS LIKE... FOR FAGS
>>
>>94317086
Thank you for reiterating the OP.
>>
File: 86e.gif (1MB, 459x338px) Image search: [Google]
86e.gif
1MB, 459x338px
>>94317124
try zen sometime
you think therefore you're not
>>
>>94316727
Alright, I'll bite the bait for you. His point literally was him stating that he doesn't understand what reality is and therefor reality doesn't exist. This disregards and undermines every scientific achievement in human history since its alleging that nothing in reality is genuine because we're achieving it through human perception, despite the fact that there's no given reason to assume that there's a fault in any of these perceptions and that there are so many points of credibility and evidence to most scientific discoveries that its borderline retarded to assume that all of them are unreal. That was my entire point deeply elaborated and spoon fed for you. I wasn't intending to get into an argument about it, hence why I didn't write a paragraph long thesis for it
>>
>>94317124
>anything in this thread
>real thinking
nice
>>
>>94308951
/r/atheism exists, that means we all have to pretend we believe in god.
>>
>>94317154
Yeah, because it's this thread that defines what philosophy is.
>>
>>94317153
Okay, thank you.
Next time please just respond with something along the lines of that.
Just stating some random ad hominem line of yeah but you succ and r dumnb just makes you look like an idiot when responding to a thought out argument, and it would have been better to reply with what you just posted or nothing at all.
I hope you've learned something from this, and you show what you know in the future.
>>
>>94317204
I'm sorry, I will make an effort to never shitpost again. Excuse me for wasting everyones precious time on the 4channel
>>
>anons are so insecure about their own morals regarding existence that if anyone implies there might not be either meaning or objective existence altogether they will get visibly upset and will try that they are wrong on something completely abstract and relative that they can't possibly refute with evidence

Can you even grasp that level of existential insecurity?
>>
>>94317264
it wasn't even funny though
like shitposts are usually pretty good if they're funny or involve some element of wit
you just went jaja dud e you're soooo dunb just shit on your nexst science paper x)D
Either argue your point, say something actually funny, or just don't post. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: 1486355879855.gif (2MB, 457x321px) Image search: [Google]
1486355879855.gif
2MB, 457x321px
>>94317290
how does existential insecurity exist if existence doesn't exist to begin with
>>
>>94317342
how does existence exist if security exists with existence in to begin doesn't exist
>>
>>94317290
why you still thinking
>>
can't we all just put our differences aside and masturbate to cartoons?
>>
File: 1490984847641.png (217KB, 1119x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1490984847641.png
217KB, 1119x1086px
>>94309045
>we
>>
>>94308729
Learning that red pills are meaningless is the final red pill.
>>
>>94308693
>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE FLOOR YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that god on the roof
>b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM
>>
>>94309117
You should take that as a sign to actually try and improve yourself Anon. That really did seem like a very underageb& post. You don't HAVE to be a brainlet, maybe try reading some books instead of browsing imageboards?
>>
>>94315208
>I AM SILLY ms paint comic
Just because this one doesn't have shaky lines doesn't mean it's valid.
>>
>>94314535
Then you should have listened when we told you to oust the shitposters when you had the chance. But that lead to claims of "boogeymen" while the mold festered and destroyed the boards.
>>
>>94308693

Anonymous 07/31/17(Mon)20:21:37 No.94311653â–¶>>94311794
I'm just going to say it.

Harmond is the creative genius behind the show, he's the guy who tries to create narratives, story arcs, lessons, character growth etc etc.

And he's stuck with Justin Roliand, a literal man child who makes silly voices and constantly comes up with dumb jokes. Roliand makes the dumb Nihlistic jokes, Harmond tries to turn them into a narrative. That's what Rick and Morty is.

Look at any of the fucking behind the scenes sruff, or when they talk about creations of the characters. Harmond takes a serious approach while trying to explain motives and ideas he puts into the show. Roliand makes a sill voice and talks a bit about his views on the show, grasping at straws. This has to be depressing for Harmond, espcially since Roliand gets the spotlight and centre stage, while Dan gets a divorce and blame.

It's partially why Dan gave up writing good episodes and starting writing parody ones. He just can't do it anymore.

But beyond all of this, Look at the creation of Mr Meekses. If any of it is true, think about how much Dan must hate working with Roliand. Because it's like working with a child.
>>
>>94310372
Nihilism BTFO by Beta Ray Bill
>>
>>94308693
Kill Dan Harmon and Justin Roilland?
>>
>>94308693
It's unironically a good show; it doesn't need fixing.
I don't pretend to think it's as good as reddit believes it is, but man it's pretty decent (especially as far as adult swim goes)
>>
>>94322282
that doesn't 'btfo' nihilism really though, does it? Nothing matters, he just wishes to do good since nothing matters.
>>
>>94322245
Nice work buddy, that's why as Harmon has gotten more influence into the process, the show's gotten more and more shit right? Season 2 was so much better when Harmon was fighting with Roiland every single episode right? And now Roliand doesn't care about the show anymore, that means Harmon gets to handle every single episode, and that means we're going to get pure quality from now on!
>>
>>94309972
>if it does good it is true so myths are true lmao! remember to tidy up!
what a fag
>>
>>94316641
>oh no the girl is a monster
>Jerry has to grovel his way back to Beth
>Status quo
WUBA LUBA DUB DUB
>>
File: 1500973803224.jpg (41KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1500973803224.jpg
41KB, 500x445px
>>94309117
>implying hes an oldfag
>identifies with an website
>cant spell wew lad
Look, everyone has to start somewhere man. But please, for the sake of everyone, lurk more.
>>
>>94319033
Checked
Also I know youre here lurking Justin. Please just do a voiceover of this for us. Put it on vocaroo.
>>
>>94308951
Because they promote edgy and condescending behaviors
>>
>>94316641
>Final two episodes a two parter
>Rick, Summer and Morty are doing something
>Summer gets left behind, finds Comic Book B-Movie Summer, they team up and Summer becomes more independant
>R&M crash with Jerry as they can't tell BEth, this backfires as throughout the season Summer and Jerry become closer and he's pissed.
>Either gets sent to random diamension or steals portal gun, out of element he becomes B-plot
>Morty becoming more and more unhinged as Rick doesn't seem to care about the entire situation
>Some threat appears, kills Beth, Morty snaps and either immidiatly slaughters threat or tries to kill Rick
>Either way Rick overpowers him, shows off he collected hundreds of portal guns from the dead Ricks and can adventure forever
>Summer plot resolves with her learning to be by herself, Summer again is a distant badass who doesn't care about the family anymore
>Jerry's doesn't resolve and he's now wandering diamension with the portal gun
>Morty has no one else and is forced to adventure with Rick while Rick's behavior enters a full downward sprial.

This is all immdiatly resolved in the very first episode of season 4 to return it to status quo as a Jery R&M epsiode combines all pathes and they have to live without Beth.
>>
>>94323014
Ideology doesn't make a person. There are edgy Christians, there are edgy Utilitarians, there are edgy Pragmatists. The only reason Nihilism gets a bad rap is because it is the single most misunderstood ideology in existence. No other philosophical thought is taken at such absurd face valvue even by people who swear by it.
>>
>>94308951
>Ok, listen anon, God doesn't exist, okay? You expect me to believe in an old man sitting in the clouds? Wouldn't be surprised you hate minorities too.

WUBA LUBA DUB DUB
>>
>>94308729

Nihilism is for people who see constructivism as a true thing in some way or form but depending on their prior history evaluate that belief as a negative thing instead of neutral or positive.

While a constructivist would just accept that you can still have personal meaning even though reality is constructed or too arbitrary for objective meaning (which is an oxymoron in and of itself), a nihilist is an idealist in disguise who gets depressed over the fact that there is no objective meaning, wah wah wah.

Rick, basically.
>>
Why fix it, it's always been that way. If you don't like a show 's premise you don't have to watch it just because everyone else is.
>>
>>94323197
What the fuck are you going on about
>>
>>94323197

Gotta be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to convey
>>
>>94324678
>>94324748
>athiests are so dumb that they can't understand basic irony
Will you moron understand it better if I added monkeys to it?
>>
>tfw atheist and not a nihilist
Anyhow, about the show. It's always been the way it is. I still enjoy the show, but it sucks not being able to talk about it here because anons get so autistic over it.
>>
>>94324854

I couldn't even tell you were mocking atheists, and I'm not sure your post is ironic so much as it is satirical (if you were, in fact, mocking atheists)
>>
>>94309697
A Friend of mine is edgy as fuck and respond to the:"if you have such an hatred for life and people why dont you Kill yourself" with "but If I die, I will not see all the dumbass die!"
>>
File: 1485180534256.gif (4MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1485180534256.gif
4MB, 718x404px
>NIHILISM
>REDDIT
>FEMALE WRITERS
>XDDD DABBING PICKLE RICH

I just think it's a funny show.. and I can no longer talk about it.
>>
It is absolutely true that nothing a single human can do will matter in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn't matter what matters in the grand scheme because you are not the grande scheme. You are yourself. The only matter that matters is what matters to yourself. We are all insignificant, but that doesn't mean it has to seem like it.
>>
File: 435634563456.gif (2MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
435634563456.gif
2MB, 354x200px
The only nihilists I respect are the ones that kill themselves because they're at least not fronting, all the other ones are virtue signaling cowards.
>>
In a universe where things are either probabilistic or deterministic; it's impossible to say that 'things don't matter', as they obviously have some effect on outcome.

If you use a more emotional sense of meaning, which is a pretty non-nihilistic thing to do, then what you're asking for is a deterministic state in which free will doesn't exist, a body horror of watching yourself from the outside as you follow the will of the universe without question.

Why?
>>
I mean the most recent episode made fun of nihilism and insincere nihilism especially
>>
Fire the feminist writers that dan the cuck harmon hired, episode 2 was fuckign GARBAGE. Entire time I was thinking "okay this is kinda weak", and then boom see credits for the feminist writer who hates men.
>>
philosophical discussion is my favourite comic and or cartoon
>>
this show sucks, man
>>
>>94308729
Reaction to Nihilism is the true final redpill. There is nothing after it but the threading of a new circle.
>>
There is a distinct lack of the aspirational and transcendent in today's media.
>>
>/tv/ has legitimate discussion
>/co/ has this shitposting

Man this board went to shit
>>
File: gilbert-k-chesterton-2.jpg (89KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
gilbert-k-chesterton-2.jpg
89KB, 900x675px
>>94308729
But that's where you're wrong.
>>
>>94310494
It's okay anon, I think you did a good job
>>
>>94325866
>>/tv/ has legitimate discussion
I refuse to believe that.
>>
File: 8MCgAqB.gif (907KB, 499x269px) Image search: [Google]
8MCgAqB.gif
907KB, 499x269px
>>94322282

That's kind of the logical end point of Nihilism, though, right. I mean, this is still a very Nihilistic viewpoint.
>>
>>94314815
To be fair, Nihilism doesn't come with an embedded set of things we should do as a sort of 'why not?', but instead seems to encourage creating your own meaning, and living up to its principles. - at least if you like the extravagantly mustached fellow posted up top.

This could be experience as much as you can, or maximizing utility, or embracing hedonism, or trying to become a human pineapple.
>>
>>94308693
>fix the most popular thing on adult swim that prints them money and is consistently well reviewed.
It's only broken to 4chan autists. Popular to everyone that isn't being a little faggot about women being on the writing staff, or doesn't have unreasonably high expectations for literally every new episode that cripples their enjoyment. Just like everything in their shitty lives.
>>
>>94326895
Sucess =/= quality, etc etc
>>
The joke was that young adults use "not caring" and nihilism as fucking buzzwords that they ironically give a massive shit about.
God fucking damn it, the episode was fun- I had fun. Why do you people have to shit down my throat about having the littlest amount of fun?
>>
>The first thing Jerry is going to do once he gets enough money is to sue Beth for full custody of the kids
>he said with a smile on his face

Damn, Jerry
>>
>>94308693
Fixing rick and morty is super easy. Make Beth and Summer side characters whos only purpose is to create conflict or bring solutions to the plot, and focus on rick,morty and jerry.
Thats it.Thats how you do it.
>>
>>94308693
I CAN HEAR IT CALLING IN THE AIR TONIGHT

OH LOOOOORD
>>
this whole thread reads like the insane ramblings of a nutcase, all of you get medicated please
>>
>Morty blames Jerry for the divorce
>even though Rick explicitly told him he was the one who orchestrated it

What the hell? Is that stupid?
>>
>Make a Ricky the grumpy abusive grampa he was at the start of the series without of the "wackyness" or him acting like a fucking fratboy that started to happen during the second half of season 1

>Scrap the idea of Morty being an idiot, we never brought that, he comes across as pretty average as far as intelligence goes

>Dial back Jerry's actual stupidity and the Jerry abuse. Just make Jerry the hapless family man who is just trying to have a normal family but struggles because of the shit that his father-in-law brings

>Stop writing Beth as a massive bitch

>Keep Summer as she was in Season 1, i.e a typical teenage girl

>No more of the "it's funny because its improvised" bullshit

>Have episodes focus on inventive premises instead of just straight movie parodies

>Stop listening to the fanbase who will suggest anything other than this because they are idiots.
>>
File: 1500128851678.jpg (63KB, 430x620px) Image search: [Google]
1500128851678.jpg
63KB, 430x620px
>>94310033
Made me jej
Checking as well
>>
We cure Nihilism trough Nihilism itself.
>>
>>94308693
By stopping spamming those threads you retarded faggot.
>>
>>94309786
don't /thread your own post loser
>>
>>94308708
/thread
>>
>>94332526
GO SHIT ON THE FLOOR!
/thread
>>
>>94315920
there are three R&M threads right now, all of them are about how horrible women writers are. Sure it must be an invasion from the tumblr feminists and not /pol/ as usual.
>>
It's mathematically incorrect to say nothing in life matters.
A better word to describe your life is "negligible".
You're a drop in a bucket. Easy to miss, but still measurable.
Life is little more than a runaway chemical reaction. But that's still pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>94325086
what? you want to talk about /co/ stuff on /co/? are you some idiot? this place is obviously made for /pol/ rants about anything and everything! why else would they call this board Comics & Cartoons?

i also liked it, i don't understand why people think summer was being forcebly rewritten when it was obvious from the start that she was acting out due to the divorce. And i really liked the sweet moment she had with jerry at the end.
>>
>>94308693
Life sucks then you die ...but every moment now and then the little things like a sunset or an otter eating lettuce can make things feel not all that bad....still gonna die but who cares.
>>
>>94308729
Kegan stage 4.5 is just that.
https://vividness.live/2015/10/12/developing-ethical-social-and-cognitive-competence/
>>
Who's responsible for R&M season 3?

Because Roliand has always seemed to be fucking terrible because he acts like an edgy 12 yr old, but apperantly he had more control in seasons 1 and 2 then he did for season three. So it's dans fault?

But then again, Dans always seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders and has always written well done shows, yet I'm only hear now that apperantly he lazily writes R&M because people like it regardless. Which makes him an ass. And apperantly he had more control in season 3

So who's responsible for fucking it up?
>>
>>94308729
>>94308807
>>94308836
You know what? Fuck you, you're all faggots.
>>
>>94337008
Took some real balls to say that, anon. I'm proud.
>>
>>94308906
don't forget
>"WAAAAH MY AUTISM FOR TEEN TITAN'S GO! GRRRR"
>>
>>94336965
>who's to blame

Honestly? Dans Wife/divorce.

Basically if you saw any interviews with Dan before hand. His opinions on Nihilism were fairly clear. He thought that was it was true that nothing means anything, this line of thought doesn't matter and it's better to be happy in life.

>paraphrasing: "when you pull out, pull back, it's easy to see nothing matters. Your just a tiny spec in this cold unforgiving universe. But when you pull in, suddenly everything gets big and it all matters. Your life, your dogs life, your problems all become important. And that's good."

He gives an example with Rick and Jerry, Rick is a know it all asshole who understands that nothing means anything, but he isn't hapoy because of it. In fact he tries to kill himself at the end of the unity episode. He rivals this with Jerry, who speaks fondly of. He states that jerry while an idiot who doesn't see the bigger picture, is happy about the little things, like getting his weed wacker back and doing some weeding. In the end who wins? To Dan it was Jerry.

But after Dans divorce he's become depressed it seems, and it reflects In The show. Jerry now goes through what Dan has gone through. He's goes through all the feelings of being unloved and unwanted, which is what Dan feels.

And it's just fucked the season right up.
>>
File: 1491413242222.jpg (59KB, 444x783px) Image search: [Google]
1491413242222.jpg
59KB, 444x783px
>>94310372
No fuck you, I'd rather die than become a social normie Chad!
>>
I'd introduce a dickish chainsmoking mage heavily inspired by John Constantine who has a long rivalry with Rick.
>>
>>94314559
You niggers here need ID's. I'm so sorry.

Good luck combating the botting.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.