[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE FLASH Adds Elongated-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 16

File: Elongated Man.jpg (186KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
Elongated Man.jpg
186KB, 446x299px
>Hartley Sawyer ("Saving the Human Race") has joined the cast of The CW's THE FLASH as Ralph Dibny / Elongated Man, "a fast-talking private investigator with remarkable deductive skills. Upon discovering he has the ability to stretch his body to superhuman lengths and sizes, Dibny uses his abilities to help The Flash solve one of Central City’s greatest mysteries. However, while resculpting his old body is easy to do, Dibny finds losing the old misguided sense of truth and slobbery, even after joining the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, is a far more difficult task to accomplish."

>Sawyer will have a recurring role in season 4, with a prospective promotion to the regular cast in season 5 should the character become popular.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/the-flash-hartley-sawyer-elongated-man-ralph-dibny-season-4-the-cw-1202139510/
>>
>>94308393
>>94307445

Use the catalog newfag
>>
File: The Thinker.jpg (55KB, 254x310px) Image search: [Google]
The Thinker.jpg
55KB, 254x310px
Season 4 cast additions.

CLIFFORD DEVOE / THE THINKER (Neil Sandilands)

>After being struck with dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became a meta-human with superhuman intelligence, at the expense of a frail and withering body. A genius who’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity, "The Thinker" will embark upon an epic battle with The Flash that pins the Fastest Man Alive against the Fastest Mind Alive.
>>
File: The Mechanic.jpg (46KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
The Mechanic.jpg
46KB, 440x440px
THE MECHANIC (Kim Engelbrecht)

>A highly intelligent engineer who designs and assembles a plethora of devices for the ailing Clifford Devoe. Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true believers, who’ll stop at nothing to implement his plan to fix all that’s wrong with humanity - even if she loses who she is in the process.
>>
File: The Breacher.jpg (344KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Breacher.jpg
344KB, 1024x1024px
THE BREACHER (Danny Trejo)

>A feared bounty hunter from Earth-19 and the imposing father to interdimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy. His mission is to prevent any interdimensional traveler from threatening life on his world — especially his daughter’s.
>>
>>94308393
So who wants to bet that he'll date Caitlin?
>>
>>94308513
Nah.

>>94308464 will turn out to be Sue.
>>
>>94308444
>Non-speedster villain

Neat.
>>
>>94308393
I no nothing about elongated man except he apparently insecure about plastic man being a better version of him.
>>
>>94308393
>recurring role in season 4, with a prospective promotion to the regular cast in season 5
Jesus Christ they're going to have to extend Star Labs to fit them all.
>>
>>94308928
That's something Alex Ross added in. His thing is that he's one of the few capes with a healthy, stable marriage. Although he was only created because Julius Schwartz didn't know they owned the rights to Plastic Man. He's stuck around as a light hearted detective and JLA member.
>>
>>94309130
Felton's left the show, so he'd just be replacing him.
>>
>>94308503
>Danny Trejo isnt playing Lobo

Dropped
>>
>>94309130
Someone always leaves to make room for the new characters. Right now they're without Julian and Harry.
>>
>>94309328
That sucks I liked Julian. But didn't random science lady who was banging Wells got bumped up to recurring/main as well?
>>
>>94308513
Cool, so it'll only be a matter of time before he dies or leaves the show. Cool.
>>
>>94309394
Nope. She'll be back for a couple episodes, though.
>>
File: DF4HP7HUMAEWgJP.jpg (195KB, 1034x755px) Image search: [Google]
DF4HP7HUMAEWgJP.jpg
195KB, 1034x755px
New costume
>>
>>94309388
>>94309441
Guess it's not that bad then.
>>
File: reeeeee.jpg (898KB, 957x1074px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
898KB, 957x1074px
>>94308393

Who the fuck is this babyface Elongated Boy

Is he fucking 17 years old?
>>
>>94309451
Not a good look desu.
>>
File: Hartley-Sawyer-SPiN.jpg (287KB, 1434x807px) Image search: [Google]
Hartley-Sawyer-SPiN.jpg
287KB, 1434x807px
>>94309480
>Born: 25 January 1985 (age 32)

Nope, just a shit ton prettier than you.
Ralph has never exactly looked old either, and the guy has his chin.
>>
>>94309526
>babyface
>pretty

Are you a cougar or something?
>>
>>94309451
It bugs me how the CW flash costumes have a little collar.

I don't know why.
>>
File: 212.jpg (50KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
212.jpg
50KB, 600x367px
>>94309526
>hair that looks almost reddish
>cute pointed nose
>elongated chin
>topped off with that suit

They better have him looking like this because it's perfect
>>
>>94308444
That sounds more like Hector Hammond's origin than The Thinker.

And are we going to see Sue Dibny?
>>
PAAAAAATTTTYYYY
>>
>>94309328
Why? Last season kept him as a regular and they bump him off?
>>
>>94309581
Because he's a runner, his costume should be tight, and smooth. A collar breaks that.
>>
>>94309621

Patty was shit

Zoom should have decapitated her or something since she's never coming back anyway
>>
>>94309387
Danny Trejo is 5'6 and 73 years old.
>>
File: Still Naked.png (652KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Still Naked.png
652KB, 1280x720px
>>94308548
So what happens if Dr. Lind-ight comes back?
>>
>>94309581

In comics, even with the spandex body suits, I always assume the head piece is separate like Spider-Man's. But designing a real costume with a head piece that blends together obviously presents some challenges. I think for Andrew Garfield's suit, they had to sew his head into the thing

For Gustin's head piece, and also Chris Evans' Avengers costume, they tuck the neck part of the head piece into the shirt, which leaves that collar visible but might be less of a hassle to get the actor in costume
>>
>>94309686
>Patty was shit

Oh thank god there's finally a second person with the balls to say it.
>>
>>94309628
He was brought in as a one season regular and his schedule didn't allow him to come back, apparently. He's in England shooting a movie with Daisy Ridley.

I'm sure they'll bring him back for a guest spot.
>>
>>94309130
Well thankfully Ralph can wiggle his way in without taking much place.
>>
File: The Flash.jpg (271KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
271KB, 1080x1080px
Finally a good-looking suit.
>>
>>94309773
Lots of fanart, hopefully.
>>
>>94309883
Not him but I've been saying it forever. She was Felicity 2.0 who already had signs of irrational anger even before they had to write her out.
>>
>>94309451
I really like the yellow belt
>>
>>94309928
it's not good if they're still using that same shitty template with the god awful belt
>>
>>94308393
>Man is flexible in every way except where it counts

surely hasn't been done before
>>
>>94309773
She fucks Wally.
>>
>>94308393
How was season 3 anyway? I skipped out because heavy course load and the end of season 2 was shit
>>
>>94309976
But the belt looks great.
>>
>>94309883

Barry had no chemistry with her, Barry wasn't even interested in her at first in fact and other people had to talk him into dating again, then he kept doing the dissappearing act and blowing her off even though she most certainly wouldn't have been angry if she found out Barry was The Flash, but he was like "sorry Patty can't tell you" and she left and literally didn't matter after that

They tried to hype her up as Barry's first big romantic interest, but honestly she was nothing but filler and dead weight to the show
>>
>>94310016
A shitfest of Melodrama and convoluted time travel nonsense.
>>
>>94310016
Started out good, got boring, picked up the pace, but dropped the ball again in the end. I didn't mind the twist but many hated it.
>>
>>94310016
Pretty forgettable. I actually just realised I've forgotten nearly everything that happened.
>>
>>94309976

looks like the abs section has been redesigned, it makes his core look a lot more toned instead of the flat abs look the other suit had (pic related)

and the gold on the sleeves looks really good even though it's not his actual gloves
>>
>>94308444
Probably just me being dumb, but getting the Thinker as the season's villain seems kind of disappointing when you know he's already going to get his shit slapped thanks to all those times he was brought up in season 3. (Even though that's basically a given for all the villains on the show)

When depressed do nothing future Flash still manages to beat his ass and Abracadabra doesn't rank him as highly as Savitar then it starts to feel like a general step down even if having a non speedster villain is a nice change of pace.
>>
File: You tell 'em, Barry.jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
You tell 'em, Barry.jpg
61KB, 960x540px
I have hope for season 4.

>"The way we’re explaining it is the fastest man alive versus the fastest mind alive. A big thing this year is we’re really trying to lighten the tone a little bit. Last year it got pretty dark and we want to get back to the jokes." Executive Producer Todd Helbing says. "I think we’ve all had our fill of time travel for a bit. It’s confusing and hard to tell those stories. It got pretty dark last year, and that’s about as dark as we want to go with this show, so we’re going to dial it a little bit back to season 1 and have The Flash enjoy being The Flash."

>"The way I see it is, time is non-linear and everything is happening at once in the Speed Force,” Grant Gustin tells EW. "In some ways he’s had an awakening and he’s had a rebirth. Our first episode is called ''Reborn,'' and it is a rebirth for Barry, but he’s kind of scrambled, too, because he’s experienced so much so quick over the course of six months, even though for him it was an eternity. He’s not Barry when we see him for the first time."

But then again...

>"Obviously they had a wedding planned," Candice Patton says. "They did defeat Savitar and thought they were going to live happily ever after, but at the last minute Barry decided to go into the Speed Force, so she’s really, really going through it. She’s choosing to be as strong as she possibly can. Barry told her to keep running, keep being strong, and that’s what she’s doing. When we pick up season 4, Iris takes the mantle of Team Flash; she’s the leader, the boss, the overwatch for Team Flash while Barry is gone, which is a cool new role for her to play."
>>
>>94310111
yeah I'm mostly saying I want the whole thing thrown out and for them to start over, I just hate the way it looks top to bottom
>>
>>94310214
Preventing Iris' death could've changed all of that.

It'd be neat if the Thinker figures out how to access the future like Thawne did and use it to outmaneuver his future mistakes and Barry's tactics against him.
>>
>>94310295
I'd question why Iris doesn't have a job anymore, but she probably inherited Barry's plot convenient millions.
>>
>>94310345

Do you want spandex? What did you have in mind?
>>
>>94310396
>why Iris doesn't have a job anymore

Apparently "Team Flash" has a paycheck. Cisco and Caitlin work there full time. Not sure if Barry is considered their employer, and if so why he continues his job at CCPD

The show will explain time travel and metas but it won't explain how the money for STAR Labs works
>>
>>94310408
Doesn't have to be spandex, but smoother would be better. Something like what CW Superman had (cape attachment was ugly as shit but obviously not a problem for Flash).
>>
>>94310111
No, it just makes him look fat or like he has extra breasts or something. Leatherlike materials don't behave that way on abs.
I know Guston is a stick, but they should either force him to start lifting or bite the bullet and invest in a properly shaped suit.
>>
>>94310516
Thawne set up a series of patents to maintain their cash flow and made legal arrangements for Barry to own the property and the laboratory, but not the company, which is why Barry is not a billionaire.
>>
>>94308503
>danny trejo trying to stop his daughter from dating her alternate universe self
>>
>>94310691
But they can't be bothered to fix the damn building?

That has to be against at least one, if not several building codes for them to still operate in the building in that condition.
>>
>>94310730
A girl's gotta' do what a girl's gotta' do in a world where masturbation doesn't exist.
>>
>>94308393
Why is Elongated-Man a fucking teenager?
>>
>>94309451
I mean its better but its still shit. Will we ever get an actor/suit that actually looks like flashs?
>>
>>94310691
I forget was the knowledge that Wells was Thawne made public knowledge?
>>
>>94310761
>But they can't be bothered to fix the damn building?

No, because 10/7 NEVER FORGET
>>
>>94310772
What?
>>
>>94310786
See
>>94309526
>>
>>94310691
>legal arrangements for Barry to own the property and the laboratory, but not the company

But who owns the company? That's what I want to know

Who is signing the paychecks and does he have any idea what is happening on his property?

These questions deserve an answer. I'll believe the fantasy and sci-fi elements all day, but it's kind of hard to believe there's no oversight by the mysterious shadow manager
>>
>>94310806
something like that but I don't even remember if it was before Flashpoint or not
>>
>>94310806
Nope. To the general public wealthy entrepeneur Harrison Wells murdered Nora Allen at random and 15 years later died when the black hole almost swallowed Central City, leaving all of his possessions to the son of the woman that he murdered.

Imagine how many movies the CW-verse's Lifetime must've made out of that story.
>>
>>94310859
Masturbation doesn't exist in the DC Multiverse.
>>
>>94310376
I'm still hedging bets on the idea that the Thinker has access to the Speedforce, but can only channel it mentally rather than physically. It just seems like something the showrunners would do.
>>
>>94310869
I guess it's an open-source company and Cisco and Caitlin get their money from stuff Wells has patentend to their name.
>>
>CW The flash
Literally no one cares.
>>
>>94310869
Does the company even exist anymore? It probably got blitzed with lawsuits and then it's owner died, so it got wound up. Though in that case stealing company assets like patents and property and giving them to your friends can't be legal.
>>
>>94311006

It's not clear how much of a "company" there ever was, or if Wells had a boss he answered to. It was made to seem like everything belonged to Wells, and then he handed it over to Barry, and it seems like they have money that comes in to fund their tech and keep the lights on at STAR Labs, but not enough money to pay Barry's rent so he lives with Joe (or recently moved in with Iris) and still needs to work as a cop to make ends meet

All we know is they're allowed to keep supporting Flash in STAR Labs, Barry owns the property, some amount of money keeps funding it, but Barry is not rich and still has a regular job of his own.

There are a lot of holes in it
>>
Gold boots when?
>>
>>94311209
A girl stole them, sorry.
>>
>>94309451
>>94309928
>Already have a decent suit
>Shelve it for a slightly worse looking one

They really need to get a new costume designer. It's already bad they tossed out the near-perfect S4 Green Arrow suit, now this?

And stop using leather so damn much. There are other materials that look good on camera besides leather.
>>
>>94311682
The S5 Arrow suit is literally the same as S4's, but with long sleeves.
>>
>>94308393
But Ralph Dibney was already established as having died/gone missing during the Particle Accelerator incident. Caitlin, Cisco, Wellsobard all knew him; he's mentioned in the Pied Piper episode.

I wish they didn't keep retconing things and just used what they had already established. Seeing their Earth-1 Doctor Light who used to work at Star Labs would be cool too.
>>
>>94311789
They didn't know him, he was just someone affected by the accelerator like everyone else Wells mentioned. He also mentioned Al Rothstein.
>>
>>94311682
It's literally the same suit, senpai.
>>
>>94311789
Flashpoint changed Dig's kid's gender. It can bring back Ralph.
>>
>>94310860
>never exactly looked old either
>>
>>94312728
Rags Morales is not a good artist.
>>
>>94308503
>A feared bounty hunter from Earth-19
>and the imposing father to interdimensional bounty hunter, Gypsy
Runs in the family, then? I swear someone on the DC writing team needs to be taken out to pasture.
>>
>>94309451
Why is the suit always so loose fitting?
>>
>>94313249
So Gustin can move in it.
>>
>>94310516
they cut security to pay people
>>
>>94308393
Neat
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.