[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Will Scott Pilgrim ever be cool again, or will it forever be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Scott_p_by_radiomaru.png (154KB, 632x900px) Image search: [Google]
Scott_p_by_radiomaru.png
154KB, 632x900px
Will Scott Pilgrim ever be cool again, or will it forever be associated with that Michael Cera movie?
>>
>>94307896
Why would a decade old comic be cool?
>>
File: 1455206027688.jpg (559KB, 1800x2700px)
1455206027688.jpg
559KB, 1800x2700px
>>94307941
Ironically?

>>94307896
I think most people who know about it reference the book, but more casual people will refer to the movie. At least from the interactions I've had.
>>
Was the comic ever "cool"?
>>
>>94308349
It was a pretty big deal upon its release
>>
>>94308349
newfag detected. /co/ was so full of SP threads backin the day that they regularly devolved in to hipster bashing trollthreads.

>2004-2007
Cool, little known, North American manga that is slice of life but with cool fights, cozy romance and VG references.
>2007-2010
Overblown, hipster garbage with an annoying as fuck fan base. Michael Cera was the wrong actor to cast becaus it dragged along all of his stupid fans from Superbad (2007), Juno (2007), Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (2008).

I think SP Vs. The World (2010 movie) really left the wrong impression on a lot of people as this CGI monstrosity meets quirky hipster drama.
>>
Should've gotten a full cartoon instead of the movie.

Get to it Netflix.
>>
>>94308838
I want it
That cartoon by Adult Swim was a delight
>>
>>94308773
>North American manga
What are you talking aboot, eh?
>>
>>94308838
>Pilgrim's entire concept would work perfectly for a cartoon
>No! Let's make it live action and rush 6 volumes of content and story into an hour and a half
The game was probably the greatest thing to come out of it though
>>
>>94308838
>>94308939
Probably my biggest /co/ related dream that will never happen
>>
>>94309150
The movie handled it pretty well imao
>>
>>94307896
I thought the movie was pretty good for an adaptation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ91nArSjOg
>>
>>94308838
You could easily do an OVA style 29 min adaptations of each book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BitByGeWGxU
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.