[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

So /co/, I've watched quite a few series thanks to you guys. Motorcity, Sym-Bionic Titan, Gravity Falls, Over the Garden Wall... those are the ones I can remember, anyways. And most of those have been bitter disappointments, other than GF that is.

But SDMI... is a great show! Some of you have correctly pointed out the ridiculous number of parallels with GF, and also said it was even better... which I actually have to disagree with.

SDMI had a really well-done mystery element, but that was mostly it. The rest of the show is passable fluff, with quite a few cringe moments. (I had a really hard time with the characterization in this show, way too many characters seemed like extreme parodies.) GF on the other hand I don't think I ever cringed during it, nor did I ever think it was boring at any point. The mystery in SDMI is also a bit simplistic in comparison IMO, especially in how it leaves relatively little to the imagination (the ending in particular).

Nevertheless, the mystery aspect was more than enough to keep me watching it, and I did appreciate one major advantage it had over GF: even the episodes that weren't significantly part of the main plot were dark and mysterious, not light and comedic. Mostly. (And solving the various mysteries before the episodes ended was fun, though many of them seemed to have ridiculously obvious solutions.)

So yeah, it's definitely going in my top 10. (Speaking of which, a grid update really seems in order...)
>>
File: The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png (533KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png
533KB, 1024x640px
Here is what is likely the final version of my grid, at least for a while. I'm talking a long break from cartoon binging. But besides the addition of SDMI, I've put the shows in order of preference for the first time:

1. Gravity Falls (2012)
2. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)
3. Teen Titans (2003)
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
5. Megas XLR (2004)
6. Samurai Jack (2001)
7. Kim Possible (2002)
8. Duck Dodgers (2003)
9. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (2010)
10. The Batman (2004)

And the one show no longer in my top 10 is Courage the Cowardly Dog. I still think it's leagues above the other Cartoon Cartoons, but when I think of which shows I would prefer to rewatch, all 10 of those definitely come first.

And one thing I've noticed, all my favorite shows are from the 2000s except for the two mystery ones. It's like the one genre the 2010s have really made their own.
>>
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>94305848
Yep, /co/ is my personal blog. Deal with it, bitch.
>>
>>94304539
Didn't know I subbed to a new blog
>>
>>94305967
Well done being original, fag.

Oh, and fuck you for the sage.
>>
Did you like the implication that the end of Mystery Incorporated was supposed to be a lead-in to the original Scooby-Doo: Where are You?
>>
>>94306198
But how would that make sense? They clearly set it up as the original series occurring beforehand with the whole Creeper thing, did they not?
>>
>>94306271
New Universe. Everything prior happened around Crystal Cove as it was the epicenter.

Now everything is scattered across the country and so they'll be stopping off at those spots has they head towards the university.
>>
>>94306330
Interesting. It's fun to think about, but so subtle I probably wouldn't have caught it even on a rewatch.
>>
>>94306465
Basically the only note to that is the laugh track that kicks in as they drive away.
>>
>>94306489
Oh I definitely noticed that, but I thought it was an homage to the original series and nothing more.
>>
>>94306562
That's literally what it was. It's not supposed to be literally the original series. They had plans for a third season where the gang took on the original monsters in the road trip, followed bya new arc taking place at Miskatonic.
>>
File: HoboWizard.gif (634KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
HoboWizard.gif
634KB, 500x281px
>>94306562
>>94306271
There was the Creeper, Charlie the Haunted Robot and that tourist trap museum Velma's parents ran with all the monsters from the original show. There are some minor inconsistencies, Daphne saying the farthest she's ever been out of town was Gatorsburg even though they went to Hawaii in Where are You? for example.

But I've seen a bunch of fans and I think even some of the shows producers say it was supposed to be a lead-in. Which would make the original show both a prequel and a sequel to Mystery Incorporated, and even though the show ended with them creating a new timeline it still irks me.
>>
>>94307465
>followed bya new arc
>>
>>94309217
Thanks, autism-kun.
>>
>>94307755
I just consider it a new continuity altogether. No need to complicate it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.