[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we admit this episode is better on repeat viewings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: premier.jpg (126KB, 1193x757px) Image search: [Google]
premier.jpg
126KB, 1193x757px
Can we admit this episode is better on repeat viewings
>>
I liked the philosophical subtext. The whole series' obsession with ethics was getting kinda dry, so it was nice for the show to tackle the topic of meaning, which felt a bit more awkward to broach organically. Comparing the formation and repercussions of nihilistic views in both apocalyptic and contemporary, social scenarios was a stroke of genius. In my opinion, that kind of contrast could only be explored in a show like rick and morty- I was impressed at how the show could do something like that and still remain both earnest (to some extent) and subtle. The final post-credits scene was great
>>
>>94296044
nah i'm pretty sure it's reddit as fuck
>>
>>94296026
Summer's badass bitch role got worse for me on viewing 2 and 3.. Like when she gets a low five from rick for the carpe diem referenu.. And then blowing the booze in the engine.. Ridiculous

The rest of the episode was standard
>>
>>94296026
Does anyone else think the scene where Hemorrhage talks about his mustache (as well as a bit of the episodes theme in general) was mocking the overly nihilistic tone of previous episodes?
>>
watching Rick and Morty episodes more than once must be a form of masochism
>>
It started off pretty dumb but it actually got way better. Good story and extremely funny.
>>
>>94296066
Nah I am pretty sure Reddit hated this episode. I'm tired of this meme "I can't like this if Reddit like this". Grow a fucking pair anon.
>>
>>94296026
>Can we admit this episode is better on repeat viewings

Most episodes of R&M are.
>>
>>94296044
not sure I completely agree, but I appreciate your analysis and I hadn't considered all of that, have a (You)
>>
>>94296026
The only enjoyable part was the arm especially because it seemed like the most well animated part of the show. Everything else was pretty run of the mill for the show.
>>
>>94296164
I wouldn't say that was the only enjoyable part, but it was certainly a fairly run of the mill episode. The April Fool's prank might have been a mistake in hindsight, as that was their big amazing opener with a shit ton of action and plot. This average episode just seems to fail to live up to all the hype of waiting all those months. A victim of hype, like so many things these days.
>>
>>94296199
I still can't believe all the shit that went down in that opening episode
>>
Favorite part was the Morty and Summer robots talking the way Rick thinks they talk.
>>
>>94296346
Or Morty robot fucking up the quote/unquote because Rick presumably didn't escape the characters in programming him.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.