[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2045.jpg (968KB, 1500x2297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2045.jpg
968KB, 1500x2297px
I want to get into Doctor Fate because I liked playing as him in Injustice, anyone have a recommend reading list for him? Also, general rec thread.
>>
>>94293730
Read the first issues of JLI. He appears and plays a central roles in one of the first storylines. Then read the Dematties mini then the ongoing which he also wrote
>>
>>94293730
JM Dematteis did a fantastic series with art by Shawn McManus, up until William Messner-Loebs takes over with #25. Both really great. Like anon >>94294040
said read the mini first with Keith Giffen art.

Then in '94 there's FATE, which is an edgy revamp of the character, but is shockingly good in spite of how it looks. I don't know if you'll care about that since it's not the classic version of the character.

Paul Levitz's recent series is also pretty good, very underrated, though it starts a little slow.

But overall Fate is a character that a guy like Dematteis was just made to write.
>>
Where do I start reading Teen Titans if I like the show?
>>
>>94294216
I believe the cartoon had its own comic based of the show called Teen Titans GO. Otherwise just read The New Teen Titans.
>>
File: latest.jpg (2MB, 743x1173px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
2MB, 743x1173px
>>94294260
Forgot pic.
>>
>>94294216
Most will tell you to start with New Teen Titans since it has the same characters and some similar storylines to the show, but I recommend starting with Young Justice, actually.

The TT show is VERY similar in terms of tone, characterization and even to a degree artstyle to YJ. Comedic and less self-serious but with long-running storylines and great character development.

Funnily enough, the Young Justice cartoon is more like New Teen Titans.

The relationship between Tim, Conner, and Bart is extremely similar to the one between Robin, BB and Cyborg in the show.
>>
>>94294305
Is there a "Young Justice #1" or a month/year to start?
>>
>>94294410
Just from #1 to 50. #1000000 comes after #3 I think but it's a gimmick tie-in issue so is optional and has nothing to do with the main story.

Here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7544qiprykjvis/AABGoyUuL8aT8XJIC8tenNvga?dl=0
>>
>>94294260
>>94294489

Cool. Thanks. New stuff to read.
>>
What's a good starting point on Boostee Gold ?
>>
>>94295130
Booster Gold *
>>
>>94295130
JLI then 52 then Booster Gold series
>>
>>94293730
Did the 2015/2016/I don't remember when it started Dr. Fate run with the Egyptian guy taking the mantle properly end or did it get cancelled? I legit can't remember a thing about it
>>
Read Steve Gerber's Countdown to mystery. Sadly Gerber died after writing seven issues.
>>
>>94295714
It was mediocre and the worst thing is Liew's and McCarthy's art was wasted on that shit writing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.