[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't adult swim make cartoons as good as this anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: file.jpg (94KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
94KB, 952x536px
Why doesn't adult swim make cartoons as good as this anymore?
>>
>>94286731
Because ever since they financed The Big O, Tim and Eric convinced them live action shit is cheap and easier to make.
>>
>>94286731
>TFW Squidbillies is now the oldest AS cartoon still on the air
I still remember when we thought it was an April Fool's prank. What was the last good AS cartoon anyway?
>>
>>94288073

Frisky Dingo, probably
>>
>>94288073
Venture Bros counts as the oldest still airing I think, since it's never been officially cancelled and does eventually get new seasons every few decades. If not the oldest, then definitely one of the last good ones.
>>
I think Rick and Morty is pretty good, maybe not as good as Sealab but decent. Also Venture Bros is still coming
>>
>>94286731
Because animation in general is just a crapshoot in terms of what will land and build an audience, and you're just narrowing its chances of success down when you start specializing in adult-oriented animation. How many adult-oriented cartoons have we seen that only saw a single season, and maybe didn't even have that single season air fully before the network pulled it from the schedule? And the really fucked part of it is that it's not always just the bad or meh shows that tank. There have been plenty of shows with quality writing and gorgeous art that are gimped right out of the gate. I can't blame adult swim or comedy central (or any of the others that try to air this type of stuff) from being a little gun-shy about it since you can sink a lot of money into a project just to have the audience not respond to it.
>>
>>94288073
Robot Chicken is 2005
>>
>>94286731
Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty amd Samurai Jack. there's three so far this year
>>
>>94288144
Season 7 should be soon. It's been almost 2 years since season 6 aired.

Venture Bros premiered back in 2004
Robot Chicken premiered back in early 2005
>>
>>94288073
Xavier Renegade Angel
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.