[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: 1200.jpg (73KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
73KB, 1200x675px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>94286384
Billy for trusting Lex.
>>
Superman for flying off the handle and not listening to reason because of his hateboner for Lex.
>>
Clark was wrong for underestimating how many steps ahead Lex was.
Billy was wrong for being a fucking moron.
>>
>>94286431
This
>>
>>94286384
CN for never letting shows this good exist anymore.
>>
>>94286384
I don't remember this episode, can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>94286384
Superman is abusing a little kid.
>>
>>94286384

>Who was in the wrong here?

You, for making another one of these threads. This is no better than all the low-effort "say something nice about", "what went wrong", "now that the dust has settled", and the completely idiotic "what did [x] mean by this" threads.

TRY HARDER, DIPSHIT.
>>
>>94286384

Clark for being too jaded and paranoid to realize he was being played.

Billy for being young and naive and not realizing he was also being played.
>>
>>94286953
Okay.

Who do you think wasn't in the right?
>>
>>94286384

Both.

Superman was too rash and destroyed a city that, while having underlying evil plans behind it, *would* have done some good for Metropolis. He went overboard and was very shortsighted.

Billy was wrong for being deluded enough to think that Lex didn't have ulterior motives and not trusting the Justice League to investigate and monitor what he was doing.
>>
>>94286902
Lex starts acting as a philantropist, billy thinks he's changed, clark doesn't. Lex builds a city or something, which has an underground reactor for free energy. Superman thinks it's a bomb and tries to destroy it, cap marvel tries to stop him; they go apeshit and wreck stuff anyways.
>>
>>94286902
Lex is seemingly trying to reform and builds a bunch of housing for low income families.

Captain Marvel gets interviewed on the news about what he thinks about Lex. And he says he thinks it's a good thing that villians can reform.

Superman and the rest of the league founders get angry at him for making it look like the league has a political standing with Lex.

Supes and Billy both go to the opening, they get into a fit which then destroys all the buildings Lex built, but it turns out there was a bomb underneath them that would have blown them up anyways because Lex was playing them.

Then Billy quits the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM
>>
>>94286902
Lex designs, funds, and builds a perfect city.
Captain Marvel is impressed.
Superman thinks it's part of a scheme.
Superman finds giant constructs with timers on them throughout this new city.
He jumps to the obvious conclusion, an starts tearing the city apart to stop the bombs.
Captain Marvel attacks Superman, who appears to be flying off the handle and destroying Lex's city for shits and giggles.
Superman wins, and the bombs are revealed not to be bombs.
Superman is humiliated on national television
The League looks like big-stick-wielding assholes
Captain Marvel leaves the League
Lex intentionally built the city just to trick Superman into tearing it down. Having Captain Marvel in the mix was a bonus.

This is from memory, some of it is probably a bit off
>>
The "government isn't trusting the JL" is the best fucking arc of any capetoon.
>>
>>94287125
Oh wait I'm retarded, they weren't actually bombs, the other two anons were right.
>>
>>94286902
Captain Marvel joins the League and Superman is annoyed with his naivete and support of Luthor's supposed reform. A robbery occurs that points toward Lex.

At an event where Lex is showing off a new section of city mean for poor families, Superman overhears him talking about something "going off". He assumes it's a bomb, but Luthor tells him it's a power generator. Superman doesn't believe him, and he and Marvel start fighting, and destroy the area.

Later, Marvel resigns from the League, disillusioned with them, and it's revealed the whole thing was a set up by Lex and Amanda Waller.
>>
>>94286384
Timm for always making Supes a dick
>>
>>94287128
>Superman finds giant constructs with timers on them throughout this new city.
powered by kryptonite
>>
Timm, for not later writing an episode where the two make up and punch villains together.
>>
Superman. He even admits at the end that Billy chewing out the league was justified.
>>
>>94287263
Timm's Superman was always an anti-hero.
>>
>>94287263
I think it was a rights issue. They had wanted to use Marvel in the Superman series as well as JL, but couldn't get the rights.

IIRC, Billy was supposed to take Lobo's role in the 'Hereafter' episode.
>>
>>94286384
Superman
>>
>>94287283
Nah, he was just a Superman that was reasonably pissed off at everyone constantly pulling wool over his eyes.
>>
>>94287106
Worth pointing out Lex's play here was to give Superman just enough cause to be suspicious so that he would fly off the handle and make Lex look like an unfairly maligned victim.

Superman was wrong but right, about Lex.
>>
>>94287309
Found the quote:

>"At that time, the rights to Captain Marvel weren’t available to us, so we couldn’t do that. Somehow that story got mixed up with ‘Hereafter,’ and somebody, I can’t remember who, said, ‘If we can’t have Captain Marvel replace Superman, who would be the best person to replace him?’ Well, it couldn’t be anybody obvious that people would suspect, and we came up with Lobo. Within five minutes we had that whole story plotted out; everything just fell into place."
-Bruce Timm

And

>"We finally got permission to use Captain Marvel, if only for the one time, so I'm pretty much cool."
-Dwayne McDuffie
>>
>>94287325
Timm's Superman is one of the best portrayals, imo
He's like Snyderman but with an actual good heart.
Still just a man, but he tries his best
>>
>>94287283

Not at first, but his character arc over the course of Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League: Unlimited seems him become increasingly world weary.
>>
File: IMG_3460.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3460.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>94286384
>Billy just says it's good that villains can reform
>mainstream meteor misconstrues it as a political stance
>League gets pissed at Billy even when he says the media was bullshitting

Why?
>>
>>94286384
Superman
>>
Billy is 10 years old. Why is Superman giving him so much shit for being so naive?
>>
>>94287641
We were given no indication that anyone in the league knew about Billy Batson
>>
>>94287641
muh wisdom of solomon
>>
>>94287641
WISDOM OF SOLOMON
>>
>>94287641
I don't think they knew
it's kinda damn perfect disguise. No one excepts Chad literal Thundercock to be a ten year old
Kinda like with supes how no one thinks he'd have a secret identity. He's Kal-El from Krypton who hangs out in the North Pole
>>
>>94287641
He didn't know at the time.
He actually found out during that fight when Billy kept screaming Shazam then moving Superman in the way to get struck by the lightning.
Eventually Supes broke free of his hold and Billy got hit and turned back.
>>
>>94287641
He didn't know he was 10
>>
>>94287712
>>94287717
Looks like trusting Lex and letting him do his own thing would've been wise then. :^)
>>94287128
>>
>>94287784
Lex literally spent 75 million on a presidental campaign JUST to piss off Supes
He knows his shit
>>
>>94287854
Hillary spent more to lose to Trump
>>
>>94286384
>Captain Marvel: Let's call Atom or Steel to investigate this first.
>Superman: THERE'S NO TIME, I MUST DESTROY THIS

Pretty obviously Superman.
>>
>>94287884
there has been a bit of an arms race in us elections recently, especially since the tea party showed up. 75 million was a LOT to spend in the early 2000's. Now? There are senate campaigns which have cost 25 million. Presidential elections are just money sinks.
>>
>>94288121
it did have a timer on it
>>
>>94288147
>60 million dollars were spent down in georgia

lel
>>
>>94288147
And it doesn't matter a thing.

Trump spent the lowest of any candidate in decades
>>
Bruce Timm for writing an episode just to spite Superman and for thinking it makes any sense for ANYONE ANYWHERE IN ANY CAPACITY to trust Lex Luthor

that's retarded.

"Hey Guys I know he did some shit but I bet Hitler turned over a new leaf honest"
>>
I really didn't like Supes in JL, JLU, or Superman TAS
>>
>>94288192

Why pay millions for advertising when you can get every big media network to give you free airtime like clockwork every single day for over a year?
>>
How can Superman sleep at night knowing he just beat up a 10 year old boy for being at worst naive?

>>94288173
Even if it was a bomb, it works against Luthor in so many ways. Hell, he would've been in the radius of the explosion himself.
>>
>>94288212
But it's okay with Azzarello does it?
>>
>>94288275

Are we talking about Azzarello? No? then shut up.
>>
>>94288268
Superman saves lives. Period.
>>
>>94288254
SMART
>>
>>94288283
>for thinking it makes any sense for ANYONE ANYWHERE IN ANY CAPACITY to trust Lex Luthor
>>
>>94288268
Superman has selective amnesia, otherwise he'd be insane listening to every person on the globe dying without his help.

Even if he could just hear Metropolis, he'd be hearing people dying every moment he was saving someone else
>>
>>94288300

gee it's almost like I was talking about IN UNIVERSE, retard.
>>
>>94288339
We're talking about Lex's character
>>
>superman beats up little kids
MAN OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
>>
>>94287106

imagine if this was the plot of BvS instead of what they did. and instead of superman being distrustful of lex, batman is and superman tries to stop batman from disabling the reactor
>>
>>94286953
you also for got "is x.../ourguy/?" or "how can x even compete?" or "that episode of the PBS children's show arthur where arthur murders everyone"
>>
>>94287163
DCAU Superman was kinda an asshole by that point after everything he went through being brainwashed by darkseid, probably raped by one of his minions, constantly dealing with Lex and Wallers shit plus the whole justice lords putting even more pressure on him to not fuck up
>>
>>94289348
>that point
he was from the word go it felt to me
I think its his voice
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.