[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the nips like Wonder Woman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

Why do the nips like Wonder Woman?
>>
the movie isnt even out yet in japan land, people predict frozen number but will have 2 wait n see
>>
>>94283756
Because Diana is best girl.

Also because she possesses many traits commonly associated with magical girl style characters, which combined with Japan's growing interest in Western style superheroes, makes her a fairly obvious target of interest.

... Now I want to see a Wonder Woman anime. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity.
>>
>>94283756
A Hideo Kojima comic.
>>
File: OhYouGuys.png (76KB, 314x272px) Image search: [Google]
OhYouGuys.png
76KB, 314x272px
>>94284139
>Japan turns Themyscira into a bunch of Magical School Girl Trysexuals
>>
>>94283756
>the nips
>one cover illustration

>>94284139
Wonder Woman/Artemis/Mera/Big Barda magical girl anime when.
>>
>>94284006
It will do well. Japan is all about strong female protagonists. I do not think it will do 300 million there, especially since it has been online for months, but you never know. We will all see on the 25th.
>>
I know they LOVE the 60's Batman show, because American and British TV was coming over en masse at the time.

But I don't know if that was still a thing by the70's when Wonder Woman was on TV. I don't really know much about Japan's history of non-animated TV except that shows like Batman, the Avengers, Man From UNCLE, Thunderbirds are Go, etc were really popular when they started airing.

>>94284139
>>94284201
There actually was an attempt in '91 to create a Wonder Woman toyline called Wonder Woman and the StarRiders that was obviously inspired by things like Sailor Moon and whatever those dolls that you like shot off on a spinner so they would fly were.
>>
File: yusuke nakamura ww.jpg (389KB, 1000x1417px) Image search: [Google]
yusuke nakamura ww.jpg
389KB, 1000x1417px
>>94284249
>one cover illustration
Dude they literally have a Wonder Woman exhibition over there for the movie, with pieces from famous illustrators.
>>
>>94284787
>sippin that tea
>>
>>94284250
Japanese people do say that stuff like reviews, oscars and shit do affect if they'll see a movie sense usually they get them so late and have all that info to see to decide.
>>
>>94284787
Where is it? Link? Might check it out.
>>
>>94285898
>Wonder Woman is still yet to premiere in Japan, but fans are already in love with Gal Gadot's take on the DC superhero. So much so that an exhibit of new art featuring Diana is set to premiere later this month. And some big-name artists -- and a childhood icon -- are getting in on the action.

>Vintage fashion doll Licca, a family favorite celebrating her 50th anniversary this month, is decked out in the new film version of Wonder Woman's costume. The team behind Licca wanted to make sure her look was both "beautiful and cool," just like Diana, and are excited that their creation gets to wear the costume for the first time ever.

>More artwork has been teased from Akemi Takada (Creamy Mami, Patlabor), Shingo Adachi (Sword Art Online), and Sushio (Kill la Kill). These pieces will be on display starting July 28 at Lumine Est Shinjuku.
>>
>>94284304
I don't get why Diana would be... confused by this. I mean, with the skirt she's wearing more than Diana would be in that era.

Looking cool on top of... is that a broken down mech? Neat.
>>
>>94284787
Damn that picture is great.
>>
>>94286018
>the Sword Art Online guy
>doing Wondy art
... I am at a legit loss for words.
>>
>>94286018
http://www.lumine.ne.jp.e.sq.hp.transer.com/est/topics/topics_details.php?article_no=3452
Their bad English is kawaii.
>>
>>94286069
The way the thighs are so outrageously accentuated and the tits are I think the artist meant it to evoke the Deodato Jr. design of the previous decade.

It does come off like the old Magog problem where they designed something to look kooky and stupid but the artist being really good accidentally made it pretty cool on its own.
>>
>>94286114
I like the rest more, honestly.
>>
>>94286018
>>94286195
Neat. I might check it out after work. If you people can keep this thread up for 8 more hours I'll post pics.
>>
>>94286414
Where do you work senpai?
>>
>>94286467
Japan. Not too far from that expo.
>>
>>94286282
That current DC heroine doll line has a more magical girl design for WW than this.
>>
>>94284787
*sips tea*

actually wish she was eating ice cream instead. Did rocking jellybean do any Wondy art?
>>
>>94286414
>If you people can keep this thread up for 8 more hours

Just make a new thread senpai
it'll be easier
>>
>>94286414
Based anon.
>>
Moe Diana or Bishoujo Diana?
>>
>Japan loves Wondy
>movie hasn't opened in Japan yet

Aww, shit, well the movie's definitely going to break $800 million now. Probably a lot more, too.
>>
>>94284201
I'm game.
>>
>>94286584
That's not the magical girl-inspired design from '91, this is
>>
File: 1490173331764.jpg (88KB, 1024x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1490173331764.jpg
88KB, 1024x1367px
Because
>>
There is an exhibition just for Wonder Woman? Japan always have the best things
>>
>>94283756
She has the Magical Girl thing and she can be kind of moe when they aren't rocking the bloodthirsty killer angle.
>>
>>94286984
>both Meme Loli AND awful JL War version
You may have the very worst taste in the entire galaxy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.